MISS USA 2020 // MISSISSIPPI IS MISS USA 2020 // MAJOR NEWS

Re: MISS USA 2020 // NOV 9 // NEWS: KATIE B. (WYOMING) RESIG

Postby Mariana Erwin » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:31 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:
Mariana Erwin wrote:I feel sad for Katie. I mean, I’m not a fan of her but these circumstances that prevent you from competing is just painful, especially if its academic. I understand, but I believe they should just appoint her as Miss Wyoming USA 2021 if they can, or that she must be allowed to re-compete so she can win.

Well, I’m not a fan of the new titleholder either. If Mikaela Shaw could re-compete again as Miss Wyoming USA (for me, she was the best titleholder so far, and she was so robbed in Miss USA 2017), I would rather see it.

It's Lexi's right to represent Wyoming as 1st Runner Up, I wouldn't support giving the title to anyone else unless she didn't want it.

As for Katie, I don't support the idea of automatically giving her Miss WY USA 2021. Even if it was due to academic reasons, the dates were announced almost two months ago and she probably got her syllabus about the same time, there was no reason for her to wait til the last second to drop out, giving her successor less time to prepare. But she should definitely be able to come back to compete for it again in the future.
I’m not saying that Lexi should be immediately replaced by Mikaela Shaw, though. I’m just not a fan of her, and I can only see her placing in the top 15 since she looks like someone who would win Miss Photogenic. If they want to win, and if only Miss USA allowed it, I think they should re-send Mikaela or crown a better winner than their recent winners.

However, I do think that if Miss Wyoming USA cannot hold a pageant for 2021, they can just re-appoint Katie. I think she probably thought that there wouldn’t be any class to miss during Miss USA but it seemed that that week fell on an important week, which is painful. I understand if she wants to fulfill her academic obligations, though.
I just fear though that if she re-competes she would no longer be able to win, like Stormy Keffeler (although her past is one of the obvious reasons).

There are so many Miss USA candidates that never competed due to academic reasons, and this has also happened in Miss America (even if the objective of Miss America is education and scholarships itself), so it’s really something that I feel sad about. I just wish the best for the new Miss Wyoming USA although I’m not a fan of her.

No more bashers in 2022, please.

Also, watch Dani Walker's video to know more on how bashers can kill with their words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbYUDqSC1UM
Mariana Erwin
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Date of Birth: 05 Apr 1988
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: ***********
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry
Message: Hello and welcome! Commenting on things in pageantry and critical of pageant issues.

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:00 am

Mariana Erwin wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
Mariana Erwin wrote:I feel sad for Katie. I mean, I’m not a fan of her but these circumstances that prevent you from competing is just painful, especially if its academic. I understand, but I believe they should just appoint her as Miss Wyoming USA 2021 if they can, or that she must be allowed to re-compete so she can win.

Well, I’m not a fan of the new titleholder either. If Mikaela Shaw could re-compete again as Miss Wyoming USA (for me, she was the best titleholder so far, and she was so robbed in Miss USA 2017), I would rather see it.

It's Lexi's right to represent Wyoming as 1st Runner Up, I wouldn't support giving the title to anyone else unless she didn't want it.

As for Katie, I don't support the idea of automatically giving her Miss WY USA 2021. Even if it was due to academic reasons, the dates were announced almost two months ago and she probably got her syllabus about the same time, there was no reason for her to wait til the last second to drop out, giving her successor less time to prepare. But she should definitely be able to come back to compete for it again in the future.
I’m not saying that Lexi should be immediately replaced by Mikaela Shaw, though. I’m just not a fan of her, and I can only see her placing in the top 15 since she looks like someone who would win Miss Photogenic. If they want to win, and if only Miss USA allowed it, I think they should re-send Mikaela or crown a better winner than their recent winners.

However, I do think that if Miss Wyoming USA cannot hold a pageant for 2021, they can just re-appoint Katie. I think she probably thought that there wouldn’t be any class to miss during Miss USA but it seemed that that week fell on an important week, which is painful. I understand if she wants to fulfill her academic obligations, though.
I just fear though that if she re-competes she would no longer be able to win, like Stormy Keffeler (although her past is one of the obvious reasons).

There are so many Miss USA candidates that never competed due to academic reasons, and this has also happened in Miss America (even if the objective of Miss America is education and scholarships itself), so it’s really something that I feel sad about. I just wish the best for the new Miss Wyoming USA although I’m not a fan of her.

Full disclosure, I stan Stormy harder than I stan anyone in pageantry, i LOVE her, and she did get robbed repeatedly and unfairly when she returned. However, it must be said that her story was national news, and she'll be the first to admit that she made a mistake. I think the judges wouldn't be particularly hard on Katie if it was in fact due to academic obligations.

Even so, there are some other deserving Wyoming girls who deserve chances to compete. You're only MUO-eligible for a finite amount of years, and they should be entitled to compete every chance they get. Yeah, I'd like to see Katie come back, but I'd also like to see others compete too.
itsrowdy801

Real Life Name/Nick: Rowdy
Date of Birth: 21 Aug 1994
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Customer Service @ Travel Startup
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants, Comedy, Politics

Postby Juan Sebastian » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:46 pm

If New York wins I say game over for Miss Universe 2020. Every inch of a Miss Universe and MUO needs the money. Her interview look was maybe one of the best I have ever seen
[youtube]Dq_uy1qcO-k[/youtube][youtube]5hXShNmEc44[/youtube][youtube]tQbbdvmyjS8[/youtube]
Juan Sebastian
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: Juan Sebastian
Date of Birth: 06 Apr 1990
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Pharmacist
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: music, gambling & miss universe
Message: Like give it up at this point. It's me, I win, you lose hahahahaha

Postby The Duchess » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:38 pm

Juan Sebastian wrote:If New York wins I say game over for Miss Universe 2020. Every inch of a Miss Universe and MUO needs the money. Her interview look was maybe one of the best I have ever seen

I don't think IMG is that great at self preservation, they've been in rough situation for a while yet they wasted 5M on just a crown... and that's just one of the crowns. I don't think New York has much of a chance during IMG's ruling but I know any Miss USA (any american citizen tbh imo) is gonna have an extra advantage on this attempt of MUO to have a pageant during a pandemic
The Duchess

Date of Birth: 01 Sep 1995
Profession: Costume Design
Hobbies/Interests: Arts, Music, Literature

Re: MISS USA 2020 // NOV 9 // PRE-ARRIVALS POLL CLOSES OCT 3

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:37 am

The girls are given at-home COVID tests to take prior to leaving for Memphis. They are guided by a medical team through Zoom while taking the test. If any girl tests positive, we will probably know in the next few days. Fingers crossed they're all okay.
Queen of the Clouds
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 18 Mar 1996
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Lawyer
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Hobbies/Interests: Fashion, music, film, politics, and parties

Postby itsrowdy801 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:22 am

Queen of the Clouds wrote:

The girls are given at-home COVID tests to take prior to leaving for Memphis. They are guided by a medical team through Zoom while taking the test. If any girl tests positive, we will probably know in the next few days. Fingers crossed they're all okay.

Chelsea remaining a goddess even mid-covid test =33

Fingers crossed for all negative COVID tests and safe and healthy travels to Memphis. I'm nervous for them getting on planes full of germs right now, if I were anyone other than Hawaii I'd be driving.
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:15 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:

Chelsea remaining a goddess even mid-covid test =33

Fingers crossed for all negative COVID tests and safe and healthy travels to Memphis. I'm nervous for them getting on planes full of germs right now, if I were anyone other than Hawaii I'd be driving.

You'd even drive to Memphis from Alaska? Lol :%))
Queen of the Clouds

Postby taleyblue » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:32 pm

My faves Miss Usa 2020!!

Click!!

The "face" of the competition!

[youtube]jCbuKvp_UtY[/youtube]
Ohio seems to be the best on stage along with new York!!her body is perfection!
[youtube]gxbSJ08Mqik[/youtube]
taleyblue
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.

Date of Birth: 17 Apr 1981
Profession: God of beauty!
Hobbies/Interests: Running ,Gym & beauty pageant
Message: Once You Start Believing In Yourself, Magic Starts Happening!

Postby bootsguy » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:31 pm

Wow, I just found out now that IDAHO, Kim Layne is a Filipino American... btw, the winner of Miss Universe Philippines 2020 Rabiya Mateo is from our city ILOILO called - "Queen City of the South" and "City of Love" some that is relatable to Philadelphia's "City of Brotherly Love". Some contestants of Miss Universe Philippines tested positive from COVID-19 so they withdrew from the contests like the favorite for the title Sorsogon, Misamis Oriental due to the sickness while others like Capiz has lack of financial support as the main reason.
Watchful Eyes Of A Silhouette http://hamsternice.blogspot.com

bootsguy
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 25 Oct 1960
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: customer service representative soldier
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: reading, watching television, boots, boys
Message: i want to make friends and learn from fellow pageant fanatics.

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:55 pm

bootsguy wrote:Wow, I just found out now that IDAHO, Kim Layne is a Filipino American... btw, the winner of Miss Universe Philippines 2020 Rabiya Mateo is from our city ILOILO called - "Queen City of the South" and "City of Love" some that is relatable to Philadelphia's "City of Brotherly Love". Some contestants of Miss Universe Philippines tested positive from COVID-19 so they withdrew from the contests like the favorite for the title Sorsogon, Misamis Oriental due to the sickness while others like Capiz has lack of financial support as the main reason.

Yes, Idaho's mom is from the Philippines and her father is Irish-American. She would be the first Filipina to win Miss USA, and only the third Asian woman ever.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Jonathan Nguyen » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:14 pm

I started to get the hype on Idaho. Her face is gorgeous.

Jonathan Nguyen

Real Life Name/Nick: Jonathan Nguyen
Date of Birth: 10 Aug 1997
Profession: Software Developer
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Miss Universe and Miss World

Postby Juan Sebastian » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:32 pm

The Duchess wrote:
Juan Sebastian wrote:If New York wins I say game over for Miss Universe 2020. Every inch of a Miss Universe and MUO needs the money. Her interview look was maybe one of the best I have ever seen

I don't think IMG is that great at self preservation, they've been in rough situation for a while yet they wasted 5M on just a crown... and that's just one of the crowns. I don't think New York has much of a chance during IMG's ruling but I know any Miss USA (any american citizen tbh imo) is gonna have an extra advantage on this attempt of MUO to have a pageant during a pandemic

I mean true, I think that crown is what got them into a lot of trouble, they should have stayed with the mikimoto. But this year is different because of COVID and I think crowning a Miss USA and working to make her Olivia Culpo 2.0 so it can become somewhat mainstream again in the US. But who else is an American citizen? Puerto Rico who I think is very underrated but I do not know anyone else.
[youtube]Dq_uy1qcO-k[/youtube][youtube]5hXShNmEc44[/youtube][youtube]tQbbdvmyjS8[/youtube]
Juan Sebastian

Postby itsrowdy801 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:44 pm

bootsguy wrote:Wow, I just found out now that IDAHO, Kim Layne is a Filipino American... btw, the winner of Miss Universe Philippines 2020 Rabiya Mateo is from our city ILOILO called - "Queen City of the South" and "City of Love" some that is relatable to Philadelphia's "City of Brotherly Love". Some contestants of Miss Universe Philippines tested positive from COVID-19 so they withdrew from the contests like the favorite for the title Sorsogon, Misamis Oriental due to the sickness while others like Capiz has lack of financial support as the main reason.

Yes, Idaho's mom is from the Philippines and her father is Irish-American. She would be the first Filipina to win Miss USA, and only the third Asian woman ever.

The fourth, no? After Macel Wilson, Mai Shanley, and Brook Lee?
itsrowdy801

Postby The Duchess » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:47 pm

Juan Sebastian wrote:
The Duchess wrote:

I mean true, I think that crown is what got them into a lot of trouble, they should have stayed with the mikimoto. But this year is different because of COVID and I think crowning a Miss USA and working to make her Olivia Culpo 2.0 so it can become somewhat mainstream again in the US. But who else is an American citizen? Puerto Rico who I think is very underrated but I do not know anyone else.

US, PR, USVI are automatically US citizens from birth althought by checking Wiki it appears this year all if not most constetants were born in the countries they represent. But any girl born in the US or their territories (except American Samoa) and represent another country would be US Citizens. But from what I can tell we only got 3 of those this year
The Duchess

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:01 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:

The fourth, no? After Macel Wilson, Mai Shanley, and Brook Lee?

I forgot about Mai Shanley! The 70s-80s winners sort of blur together for me.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:03 pm

The Duchess wrote:
Juan Sebastian wrote:
The Duchess wrote:

US, PR, USVI are automatically US citizens from birth althought by checking Wiki it appears this year all if not most constetants were born in the countries they represent. But any girl born in the US or their territories (except American Samoa) and represent another country would be US Citizens. But from what I can tell we only got 3 of those this year

Kimberly Jimenez (DR) is from Puerto Rico, she represented the Dominican community in PR when she competed in Miss Dominican Republic. I don't know if she was born there though, so there's a chance she isn't a US citizen.

I think it's also easier for Canadian citizens to come to the US (maybe not during covid I don't know), so that could help Canada and Thailand too.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby The Duchess » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:33 pm

The Duchess wrote:
Juan Sebastian wrote:
The Duchess wrote:

Kimberly Jimenez (DR) is from Puerto Rico, she represented the Dominican community in PR when she competed in Miss Dominican Republic. I don't know if she was born there though, so there's a chance she isn't a US citizen.

I think it's also easier for Canadian citizens to come to the US (maybe not during covid I don't know), so that could help Canada and Thailand too.

I forgot her, how? I love her =;)) =;)) and yes Kimberly was born, raised and live a big portion of her adult live here. Even participated in Miss Puerto Rico before she moved to Miami and eventually participated in Miss Dominican Rep because she is half Dominican.

So it would be USA, PR, USVI (when elected), Dominican Republic and maybe Canada and Thailand.

I'm not saying this will happen but with VISAS getting a bit more difficult to get during COVID and the whole travelling restrictions I think they could have an advantage.
The Duchess

Postby Juan Sebastian » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:00 pm

The Duchess wrote:
The Duchess wrote:
Juan Sebastian wrote:
The Duchess wrote:

I forgot her, how? I love her =;)) =;)) and yes Kimberly was born, raised and live a big portion of her adult live here. Even participated in Miss Puerto Rico before she moved to Miami and eventually participated in Miss Dominican Rep because she is half Dominican.

So it would be USA, PR, USVI (when elected), Dominican Republic and maybe Canada and Thailand.

I'm not saying this will happen but with VISAS getting a bit more difficult to get during COVID and the whole travelling restrictions I think they could have an advantage.

That is what I am saying, it will be much easier to have a US citizen/if Canadian citizen is also fine then Canada has a huge shot at winning, frontrunner and extremely IMG. Dominican Republic is stunning but I need to see more.

ANYWAYS, I am really interested to see how the MUO produces this because it will be very telling of how the COVID Miss Universe edition will look like. And is there a new crown or just the mikimoto?
Juan Sebastian

Postby The Duchess » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:11 pm

Juan Sebastian wrote:
The Duchess wrote:
The Duchess wrote:
Juan Sebastian wrote:
The Duchess wrote:

That is what I am saying, it will be much easier to have a US citizen/if Canadian citizen is also fine then Canada has a huge shot at winning, frontrunner and extremely IMG. Dominican Republic is stunning but I need to see more.

ANYWAYS, I am really interested to see how the MUO produces this because it will be very telling of how the COVID Miss Universe edition will look like. And is there a new crown or just the mikimoto?

They have a multi-year from my understanding to produce a crown and tiara for each pageant, AND my understanding was that when the girl pass on their crown they keep some sort of replica or smaller version
The Duchess

Postby itsrowdy801 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:55 pm

I just checked the tvguide.com listings since they were just released for November 9, and FYI has Kitchen Nightmares repeats scheduled literally all night. Wtf?

I'm sure it's a glitch they'll soon get fixed, but I still don't know if FYI plans to have a delayed telecast for the West Coast like Fox did, or if we'll all get to watch it live. Fingers crossed that they won't delay the telecast for the West Coast, I hate how Fox always did that.
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:32 pm

The Duchess wrote:
The Duchess wrote:
Juan Sebastian wrote:
The Duchess wrote:

Guamanians are also US citizens I believe, but Guam is so weak every year that I doubt they'll have a chance now unless they surprise us all with actually a strong girl.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:33 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:I just checked the tvguide.com listings since they were just released for November 9, and FYI has Kitchen Nightmares repeats scheduled literally all night. Wtf?

I'm sure it's a glitch they'll soon get fixed, but I still don't know if FYI plans to have a delayed telecast for the West Coast like Fox did, or if we'll all get to watch it live. Fingers crossed that they won't delay the telecast for the West Coast, I hate how Fox always did that.

Actually getting live broadcasts is a big benefit of living on the East Coast lol
Queen of the Clouds

Postby KateW » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:07 pm

Queen of the Clouds wrote: Yes, Idaho's mom is from the Philippines and her father is Irish-American. She would be the first Filipina to win Miss USA, and only the third Asian woman ever.

itsrowdy801 wrote: The fourth, no? After Macel Wilson, Mai Shanley, and Brook Lee?

There have been four Miss USAs with partial East Asian heritage: Macel Wilson (Chinese, Native Hawaiian, White), Mai Shanley (Taiwanese, White), Brook Lee (Korean, Native Hawaiian, White), Kimberly Pressler (Japanese, White). Kimberly Layne would be the first Miss USA with Southeast Asian heritage.
KateW
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1980
Profession: Banking
Hobbies/Interests: Travel

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:15 pm

KateW wrote:
Queen of the Clouds wrote: Yes, Idaho's mom is from the Philippines and her father is Irish-American. She would be the first Filipina to win Miss USA, and only the third Asian woman ever.

itsrowdy801 wrote: The fourth, no? After Macel Wilson, Mai Shanley, and Brook Lee?

There have been four Miss USAs with partial East Asian heritage: Macel Wilson (Chinese, Native Hawaiian, White), Mai Shanley (Taiwanese, White), Brook Lee (Korean, Native Hawaiian, White), Kimberly Pressler (Japanese, White). Kimberly Layne would be the first Miss USA with Southeast Asian heritage.

Kimberly Pressler? Japanese? You sure?

Queen of the Clouds

Postby The Duchess » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:23 pm

The Duchess wrote:
The Duchess wrote:
Juan Sebastian wrote:
The Duchess wrote:

Guamanians are also US citizens I believe, but Guam is so weak every year that I doubt they'll have a chance now unless they surprise us all with actually a strong girl.

Yes, all US Territories give citizenship ect for the American Samoa, they are American Nationals but not citizens.

Why do I keep forgetting Guam participates in Miss Universe? I remember them in other pageants
The Duchess

Postby Mariana Erwin » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:34 pm

Well, she would be the fifth. Macel was the first Asian-American to win Miss USA, followed by Mai Shanley, Brook Lee (the only Hawaiian to win Miss Universe), and Kimberly Pressler (who will be a judge this year).

However, it is no doubt she will be the first Filipina woman to win Miss USA - echoing Vanessa Minnillo (Lachey), the only Filipina woman to win Miss Teen USA (although I’m not a fan of her at all). I’m not sure if I should root for Kim Layne yet, I’ve yet to even pick actual bets since this year is the strongest batch I’ve seen since Deshauna and Sarah’s batch.

Also, watch Dani Walker's video to know more on how bashers can kill with their words.

Mariana Erwin

Message: Hello and welcome! Commenting on things in pageantry and critical of pageant issues.

Postby Mariana Erwin » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:39 pm

Juan Sebastian wrote:
The Duchess wrote:
The Duchess wrote:
Juan Sebastian wrote:
The Duchess wrote:

They will reveal the Mouawad crowns for Miss USA and Miss Teen USA this year - they will be revealed, I think, in some kind of party during the pageant’s preliminary events to be held prior to the actual pageant.

For Miss Universe, I think Mouawad is still staying. As much as I love the Mikimoto, I understand why it had to be retired in the first place - it’s fragility over the years have really made MUO asked for the DNL to be produced. I would rather see the DNL crowns return instead (the last time it was used was in Miss Teen USA 2017)!

Mariana Erwin

Postby itsrowdy801 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:13 am

KateW wrote:

Kimberly Pressler? Japanese? You sure?

Apparently Kimberly Pressler is indeed part Japanese, as said in this interview https://www.pageantrymagazine.com/magaz ... webed.html

I had no idea !
itsrowdy801

Postby taleyblue » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:35 am

Ok i will cut for the best top2!!
I think it's time for USA to send a universal calibre beauty to Miss Universe!! Maryland is extra!!i love her cute personality :hx r u ready!! >:)

[youtube]A1Plk9glR9M[/youtube]
.....….

I also like Idaho!!the real top2 with Maryland!!

taleyblue

Date of Birth: 17 Apr 1981
Profession: God of beauty!
Hobbies/Interests: Running ,Gym & beauty pageant
Message: Once You Start Believing In Yourself, Magic Starts Happening!

Postby XAMURAI » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:04 am

NEW YORK or MARYLAND! It will just be a battle between these two.
My Interview for GMA Western Visayas

[youtube]0UHn679-4P4[/youtube]
XAMURAI
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: XAMURAI
Date of Birth: 01 Jul 1979
Profession: Company Employee and Entrepreneur
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Hobbies/Interests: Basketball and Camping

PreviousNext

Return to Miss Universe