MISS USA 2020 // MISSISSIPPI IS MISS USA 2020 // MAJOR NEWS

Re: MISS USA 2020 // NOV 9 // PRE-ARRIVALS POLL: PAGE 34

Postby Mariana Erwin » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:04 am

Still no update on Wyoming? They should have an announcement right now...

No more bashers in 2022, please.

Also, watch Dani Walker's video to know more on how bashers can kill with their words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbYUDqSC1UM
Mariana Erwin
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Date of Birth: 05 Apr 1988
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: ***********
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry
Message: Hello and welcome! Commenting on things in pageantry and critical of pageant issues.

Postby itsrowdy801 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:11 am

The Duchess wrote:
Queen of the Clouds wrote:

Every new picture I see of NJ, I fall in love with her more. She was my absolute winner back when she competed in Miss Teen USA but she flopped. I'm hoping she can get some vengeance at Miss USA.

Since I only have beauty scores right now she is actually in my top 5, the moment I saw her I absolutely fell in love

Not only is she gorgeous, she's also a survivor of domestic violence who has a very important and strong advocacy for people in DV situations, and within the context of the pandemic used that voice to advocate for people who were forced to quarantine with their abusers. She's a MAJOR crown contender in my book.
itsrowdy801

Real Life Name/Nick: Rowdy
Date of Birth: 21 Aug 1994
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Customer Service @ Travel Startup
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants, Comedy, Politics

Postby Juan Sebastian » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:38 am

So focused on Miss Universe Colombia coverage I have not had time to put together a hot pick yet! This needs work and I will feel more clear after prelims but who knows honestly, last year none of my Top 3 placed. There are a lot of girls who I think could win but here is what I think for now:

Winner
New York - As I have said, the only Miss Universe in this batch.

1st Runner Up
Wisconsin - Probably the most authentic speaker. Very interesting to look at and polished in my opinion. I can see her winning.

2nd Runner Up
Massachusetts - I agree with the Naomi Campbell comparison, great speaker and amazing style/presence.

Top 5

Hawaii - Her advocacy of anti-racism is extremely relevant. Overall I think she is lame beauty-wise but if styled right she is good.
Utah - A very possible political win. Not the best face but I like her a lot, strong and historic.

Top 10

Illinois - Very well put together, I like her, seems empowered too.
Maryland - Face of the year, I do not like her voice but she is gorgeous and has a great story. I do not think she is the winner though but Top 5/3 potential.
Mississippi - I like what I saw and in a weaker year I think she could win but she drowns compared to the others, especially the other Black girls.
New Jersey - One of the best faces and amazing social work. I can see her in the Top 3.
Oklahoma - Would probably win in the Trump era, I like her.

Top 16

Connecticut - Gorgeous girl, good speaker, but not the winner.
District of Columbia - Amazing social work and speaker but other than that I am not impressed. Could win though.
Idaho - Overrated. Good speaker but not impressed with any of her looks really. Not a standout beauty in my opinion.
Indiana - Fan vote probably
Tennessee - Host girl so she will place.
Texas - Texas has been doing bad recently but I liked her video and her interview look.
[youtube]Dq_uy1qcO-k[/youtube][youtube]5hXShNmEc44[/youtube][youtube]tQbbdvmyjS8[/youtube]
Juan Sebastian
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: Juan Sebastian
Date of Birth: 06 Apr 1990
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Pharmacist
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: music, gambling & miss universe
Message: Like give it up at this point. It's me, I win, you lose hahahahaha

Postby alex sivixay » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:54 am

It is just sad that stunning ladies like New Hampshire, Maryland, Wyoming(not confirmed) appeared to look like THE instagram models when they already know what IMG is looking for because they are so stunning. I always see the girls from their personal IG feed it shows their personality a lot.
alex sivixay
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Real Life Name/Nick: alex sivixay
Date of Birth: 16 Jul 1997
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: students
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: chatting

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:42 am

Mariana Erwin wrote:Still no update on Wyoming? They should have an announcement right now...

Still no update. They are not being transparent at all.
Queen of the Clouds

Date of Birth: 18 Mar 1996
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Lawyer
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Hobbies/Interests: Fashion, music, film, politics, and parties

Postby AUSTIN III » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:49 am

I was able to follow some girls this week, and it makes me happy/sad that they are so ecstatic about the competition. I'm not sure what to expect of MUO and current pandemic situation, but seeing them excited about chasing their dreams passionately makes me want to cheer all of them. I hope they get the best experience in this journey.

My fav interview looks are AL, CA, GA, HI, ID, NJ and MA. I wonder where NY is, she's always impeccably styled.
I was watching Miss IN take over the other day, and it'd be a delight to follow if she wins. She's a dork and truly represents what is it to be a queen from Gen-Z.
AUSTIN III
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 17 Feb 1992
Profession: Social Relation,Education
Hobbies/Interests: Reading,Singing,Dancing....
Message: I measure my success with how many failures I have been through..

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:21 pm

AUSTIN III wrote:I was able to follow some girls this week, and it makes me happy/sad that they are so ecstatic about the competition. I'm not sure what to expect of MUO and current pandemic situation, but seeing them excited about chasing their dreams passionately makes me want to cheer all of them. I hope they get the best experience in this journey.

My fav interview looks are AL, CA, GA, HI, ID, NJ and MA. I wonder where NY is, she's always impeccably styled.
I was watching Miss IN take over the other day, and it'd be a delight to follow if she wins. She's a dork and truly represents what is it to be a queen from Gen-Z.

Agreed. I'm happy the girls are excited, but gutted that their experience is going to be so not what it's supposed to be.

Some of the girls still haven't had their interviews yet I think. I believe New York is one of the girls who is interviewing today. I don't know how they separated them into days as sometimes it looks alphabetical but then sometimes it's off. I'm expecting a great look from her though.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby itsrowdy801 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:39 pm

AUSTIN III wrote:I was able to follow some girls this week, and it makes me happy/sad that they are so ecstatic about the competition. I'm not sure what to expect of MUO and current pandemic situation, but seeing them excited about chasing their dreams passionately makes me want to cheer all of them. I hope they get the best experience in this journey.

Agreed. I'm happy the girls are excited, but gutted that their experience is going to be so not what it's supposed to be.

Some of the girls still haven't had their interviews yet I think. I believe New York is one of the girls who is interviewing today. I don't know how they separated them into days as sometimes it looks alphabetical but then sometimes it's off. I'm expecting a great look from her though.

It's probably a mix, I know Rachel already had her interview and she's towards the end of the alphabet. I'm sure time zones, schedule, etc. worked into it.

Would I be wrong to assume that most of the girls are doing their own hair and makeup for interview (preview of what we may see at finals given the restrictions ?) Or do y'all think they're probably getting it done professionally
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:43 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:

It's probably a mix, I know Rachel already had her interview and she's towards the end of the alphabet. I'm sure time zones, schedule, etc. worked into it.

Would I be wrong to assume that most of the girls are doing their own hair and makeup for interview (preview of what we may see at finals given the restrictions ?) Or do y'all think they're probably getting it done professionally

I'd say it probably depends on the state director and maybe what lockdown restrictions each state has. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the directorships brought in people to do it. The interviews were (mostly) at the girls houses, so it wouldn't be too hard to get a hair/makeup person there. If they did all do it themselves then most of them look great and shouldn't worry for finals.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby alex sivixay » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:48 pm

Maryland and Idaho have my favorite interview look so far
I also like Hawaii, NJ, Utah and Texas
alex sivixay

Real Life Name/Nick: alex sivixay
Date of Birth: 16 Jul 1997
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: students
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Hobbies/Interests: chatting

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:57 pm

I have to say my ultimate favorite interview look so far is New Jersey. That blue is my absolute favorite color, and I love retro flared pants. She has the prettiest blue eyes, so the color definitely works great on her. I don't think a power suit like that is exactly practical to wear into the office lol, but I would definitely wear that outfit if I ever had a reason to. Also really loving the looks from Georgia (although I don't think that's really an interview dress, more so a night out dress), Idaho, Texas, Alaska, New Hampshire, and Oklahoma.

Like many other people as well I assume, I'm also really looking forward to New York's look. I also expect Missouri to look great.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby AUSTIN III » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:15 pm

NY said her interview is tomorrow 2 days ago, which means that hers should be on the 2nd day and should be done by now, weird.

Any rumor about interview judge? I heard the girls saying that it's paula and "a mystery judge". It seems that there're only two judges at this point. Moreover, it will be really interesting who they choose because normally the organisation has already met the girl by the time they reach interview stage. So I guess less biases/more surprises and the emphasis would be more on 'oratory' skill?
AUSTIN III

Date of Birth: 17 Feb 1992
Profession: Social Relation,Education
Hobbies/Interests: Reading,Singing,Dancing....
Message: I measure my success with how many failures I have been through..

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:21 pm

AUSTIN III wrote:

NY said her interview is tomorrow 2 days ago, which means that hers should be on the 2nd day and should be done by now, weird.

Any rumor about interview judge? I heard the girls saying that it's paula and "a mystery judge". It seems that there're only two judges at this point. Moreover, it will be really interesting who they choose because normally the organisation has already met the girl by the time they reach interview stage. So I guess less biases/more surprises and the emphasis would be more on 'oratory' skill?

Oh I saw that post today and it said was posted one day ago, I guess Instagram may have just said that because it hasn't been 48 hours yet. I don't know then, maybe she wasn't satisfied with her look, or maybe she felt like her interview didn't go well so she didn't want to talk about it? Maybe she just hasn't gotten around to posting or didn't take pictures? It could be anything. There are other girls besides her who haven't posted their interview looks though, which is why I assumed they were just all scheduled for Oct 22 interviews.

I have no idea about the judges though. I'm not one of those "insider scoops" people, everything I know is just what the pageant community is already talking about. My guess is that it may be a former Miss USA.
Queen of the Clouds

Re: MISS USA 2020 // NOV 9 // INTERVIEW LOOKS

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:58 pm

For everyone waiting for New York. I don't like how Ohio straightened her hair. Still have no idea what people are seeing in Wisconsin.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:00 pm

Stunning
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Juan Sebastian » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:08 pm

I do not know who any of these people are except Cheslie.....
[youtube]Dq_uy1qcO-k[/youtube][youtube]5hXShNmEc44[/youtube][youtube]tQbbdvmyjS8[/youtube]
Juan Sebastian

Postby Juan Sebastian » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:10 pm

once again, no clue who that is.

This is sad :( all random people, I know we are in the middle of the pandemic but they really need money
Juan Sebastian

Postby פיקאסו » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:35 pm

JUDGES FOR ME ARE NOT BAD. They have 2 ex famous queens and others people that they looks like to know about BEAUTY. I hope!!

In the interviews JUDGES, i like a lot the girls...

NEW YORK
NEW JERSEY
TEXAS
IDAHO
MASSACHUSSETS
ALABAMA
OKLAHOMA
ILLINOIS
MARYLAND
LOUISIANA
פיקאסו

Real Life Name/Nick: picasso
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1988
Profession: Music teacher
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Cinema, music, guitar, basket, beauty pageants...

Postby Juan Sebastian » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:42 pm

This announcement makes me really sad and scared for the future of MUO. I know COVID-19 is a huge issue but when the only host I immediately recognize is Cheslie, it is bad. I am nervous for Miss Universe this year but hopefully they figure something out by then

I would rather have no performer than someone random and unknown.

For the hosts, they should have tried to get a past titleholder who is relevant in Hollywood like Olivia Culpo or Kenya Moore. Olivia did good at Miss Universe last year and did not make it about herself, I am sure they could probably make a deal. Kenya is filming for the upcoming season of Real Housewives and they could cover her hosting the pageant and bring more attention. Or make Cheslie a main host, she works for Extra now so that is her job, it would not look low budget even if it is.

Also Miss Teen USA has got to go, no one cares about it I think it has run its course. Save a ton of money by dropping that
Juan Sebastian

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:11 pm

Juan Sebastian wrote:This announcement makes me really sad and scared for the future of MUO. I know COVID-19 is a huge issue but when the only host I immediately recognize is Cheslie, it is bad. I am nervous for Miss Universe this year but hopefully they figure something out by then

I would rather have no performer than someone random and unknown.

For the hosts, they should have tried to get a past titleholder who is relevant in Hollywood like Olivia Culpo or Kenya Moore. Olivia did good at Miss Universe last year and did not make it about herself, I am sure they could probably make a deal. Kenya is filming for the upcoming season of Real Housewives and they could cover her hosting the pageant and bring more attention. Or make Cheslie a main host, she works for Extra now so that is her job, it would not look low budget even if it is.

Also Miss Teen USA has got to go, no one cares about it I think it has run its course. Save a ton of money by dropping that

Allie LaForce is a former Miss Teen USA who has been a sportscaster on Fox. I didn't know him, but apparently Akbar Gbaja-Biamila is one of the hosts of American Ninja Warrior, so that's not bad at all.

Haley Reinhart is an American Idol alum. She isn't a household name or anything, but I definitely recognized her. I used to listen to one of her songs (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1ed3bSjqSI) back in like 2012. It has more than 5 million views, so I guess other people know it too. She's kinda a has-been now though I guess.

Kimberly Pressler and Lynnette Cole are former Miss USA winners.

The rest I don't recognize, but most years I don't recognize the judges.

I'm not that upset though. I expected unknowns, they got pushed to a random network from Fox, so their budget is probably much smaller this year without getting some money from Fox for hosts and guests. The hosting and performer is better than the last time they got bumped from a major broadcaster (2015), so I'd say that's a win. A lot of people also may not want to travel during the pandemic and risk getting covid, so they could be forced to pick up people who need the money and exposure as opposed to more well-known people who can afford to turn down gigs.

Strong disagree about dropping Miss Teen USA though. It doesn't have to be as big of a production as it is, but it prepares girls for the Miss division and provides young girls with a big platform. I have to support that. They should still do it until it isn't profitable.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby missfinlandia » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:35 pm

Alaska's glam up is insane :-O

missfinlandia

Real Life Name/Nick: MissSuomi
Date of Birth: 29 Nov 1913
Profession: This and that
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Hobbies/Interests: Shopping

Postby itsrowdy801 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:19 pm

Thoughts on hosts/selection committee/etc.

I've never heard of Akbar, but it's good to hear that he's got hosting experience for America Ninja Warrior (then again, Steve Harvey is an experienced host, however he's horrible at hosting Miss Universe, so it's important to remember that 'hosting experience does not a good host make')

I LOVE Allie, I love it when formers host and Allie Laforce is a talented journalist and I can't waaaaait for her.

I've never heard of Christian Murphy, and apparently Google hasn't really heard of him either. The best I can find is his Linkedin as "Head of Enthusiast Brands at A&E" so he's some tv exec.

I'm happy with the selection committee. Formers on the selection committee is always a good thing, and they seldom have big names as judges anymore anyway.
itsrowdy801

Postby Jonathan Nguyen » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:19 pm

Look likes Cheslie is already in Memphis.

Jonathan Nguyen

Real Life Name/Nick: Jonathan Nguyen
Date of Birth: 10 Aug 1997
Profession: Software Developer
Hobbies/Interests: Miss Universe and Miss World

Postby itsrowdy801 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:28 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:Thoughts on hosts/selection committee/etc.

I've never heard of Akbar, but it's good to hear that he's got hosting experience for America Ninja Warrior (then again, Steve Harvey is an experienced host, however he's horrible at hosting Miss Universe, so it's important to remember that 'hosting experience does not a good host make')

I LOVE Allie, I love it when formers host and Allie Laforce is a talented journalist and I can't waaaaait for her.

I've never heard of Christian Murphy, and apparently Google hasn't really heard of him either. The best I can find is his Linkedin as "Head of Enthusiast Brands at A&E" so he's some tv exec.

I'm happy with the selection committee. Formers on the selection committee is always a good thing, and they seldom have big names as judges anymore anyway.

Forgot to mention the musical guest and honestly, I'm surprised that they even have one. I always imagined that would be one of the parts of normal competition that they would get rid of this year, or at most hire a host who can also sing once or twice during the show. I've never listened to Haley, but I've heard the name at least.
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:08 pm

Former Miss America Nia Franklin is judging Miss Teen USA. It's always so interesting how the MUO is so accommodating to MAO girls and loves to include them, but the MAO is so hostile and downright nasty to MUO.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby itsrowdy801 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:35 pm

Queen of the Clouds wrote:Former Miss America Nia Franklin is judging Miss Teen USA. It's always so interesting how the MUO is so accommodating to MAO girls and loves to include them, but the MAO is so hostile and downright nasty to MUO.

I know Nia and Cheslie are friends from before they were titleholders, and Cara had a difficult relationship with MAO leadership, so I'm not sure how often we'll see that in the future. I, however, can't imagine a circumstance where they'd let a former Miss USA judge Miss America.
itsrowdy801

Postby Mariana Erwin » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:46 pm

It’s just the former Miss USA winners (e.g. 1999 and 2000) and Miss Teen USA 2005 from Ohio that I recognize. The tandem reminds me of Terrence and Julianne, though!

The rest are obviously newbies. However, since this is in Graceland, I think Lisa Marie or Priscilla should either be a commentator or a judge. Hopefully they pay tribute to Elvis in some way considering that they are hosting it in his household...

Also, watch Dani Walker's video to know more on how bashers can kill with their words.

Mariana Erwin

Message: Hello and welcome! Commenting on things in pageantry and critical of pageant issues.

Postby Mariana Erwin » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:51 pm

Queen of the Clouds wrote:Former Miss America Nia Franklin is judging Miss Teen USA. It's always so interesting how the MUO is so accommodating to MAO girls and loves to include them, but the MAO is so hostile and downright nasty to MUO.
I like Nia Franklin but I would rather see her compete in Miss USA, to be honest. I want Nia to be the first Miss America to become Miss USA and make pageant history with it.

Mariana Erwin

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:01 am

Mariana Erwin wrote:
I like Nia Franklin but I would rather see her compete in Miss USA, to be honest. I want Nia to be the first Miss America to become Miss USA and make pageant history with it.

I would love that but Nia is already 27, she doesn't have much time. Also, most girls want to retire from pageantry on a high note. I'm sure she'd rather retire after winning Miss America and not risk having to retire after losing Miss USA.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby valleriam » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:32 am

UPDATED LIST OF FAVORITES IN ORDER OF PREFERENCE:

1. MARYLAND
2. HAWAII
3. NEW YORK
4. LOUISIANA
5. ALABAMA
6. OKLAHOMA
7. MASSACHUSETS
8. NEW HAMPSHIRE
9. DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
10. GEORGIA

ALTERNATES:

- ARKANSAS, OKLAHOMA, NEW JERSEY, UATAH, NORTH CAROLINA & MISSISSIPI
MY FINAL CHOICES FOR MISS UNIVERSE 2022:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1954551
valleriam

Date of Birth: 24 Jan 1988
Profession: HBIC
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty

PreviousNext

Return to Miss Universe