♔UNOLOGY: Miss Universe 2019, and what lies ahead...♔

Re: ♔UNOLOGY: Miss Universe 2019, and what lies ahead...♔

Postby lesham » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:29 am

JamesCedricLim wrote:It will be epic if we see Filipina crowning another Filipina. For sure the whole Philippines will explode like a big missile. And to see Asian crowning Asian would be first in Miss Universe history. Please educate me if it happened before.

Well see, i am excited for the Philippines bet for MU19. Good luck ladies. and a great read UNO. BRAVO

I hope we will win our fifth first before other Asian country could win its first or third. [-O< [-O<

Thank you FunX3 for this amazing collage!
ALPHA OF 2010s
MW-2013
MU-1969,1973,2015,2018
MI-1964,1970,1979,2005,2013,2016
ME-2008,2014,2015,2017
MS- 2013
MIC- 2018, 2021
lesham
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: Lesham
Date of Birth: 22 Nov 1997
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Postby panchopolo » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:24 am

Uno, your article is one of the reasons Missosology stays afloat. You really should publish this article away from Missosology, so that it can reach, educate, and entertain a much broader audience. It's well-written, well-structured, and insightful.

And the graphics--boy, you're talented!
panchopolo

Date of Birth: 20 Dec 2012
Profession: Croquis and Maquette Maker
Hobbies/Interests: Providing arcane information on need-to-know basis
Message: Post messages that matter for posts that don’t matter

Postby panchopolo » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:29 am

Your parallels to 2019 are done from decades, which, unfortunately, kicks out the 25th year. 1994 was the start of India's lengthy supremacy on the Miss Universe stage. If we were to count in the silver jubilee, then 2019 could be the year for a first-time country winner to begin a similar domination.
panchopolo

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:31 pm

panchopolo wrote:Uno, your article is one of the reasons Missosology stays afloat. You really should publish this article away from Missosology, so that it can reach, educate, and entertain a much broader audience. It's well-written, well-structured, and insightful.

And the graphics--boy, you're talented!

:hx

UNO - God of Beauty
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: Uno
Date of Birth: 13 Jun 1984
Profession: Airline Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hobbies/Interests: surfin, travelin

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:40 pm

panchopolo wrote:Your parallels to 2019 are done from decades, which, unfortunately, kicks out the 25th year. 1994 was the start of India's lengthy supremacy on the Miss Universe stage. If we were to count in the silver jubilee, then 2019 could be the year for a first-time country winner to begin a similar domination.

Indeed. We saw India’s golden era at Miss Universe in the 90s. It was indeed more than a decade-long supremacy with two wins (almost 3 in 1995).

In recent years, we saw Albania and Kosovo breaking through and placing but never scored a win.

I think Vietnam and Indonesia has a strong chance in winning anytime soon. Both of them can host Miss Universe too. Vietnam already did it a decade ago.

But of course, I also want to see “One Hit Wonders” like those wins from Botswana, Namibia, Angola, Netherlands, Greece, Spain, Dominican Republic, and Peru to name a few. I really hope to see small countries winning like Nepal. That girl they sent at Miss World, please send her to Mis Universe! Perhaps Haiti too after scoring a first runner up win in 2016.

Or perhaps, Great Britain. Zero win to date.

UNO - God of Beauty

Real Life Name/Nick: Uno
Date of Birth: 13 Jun 1984
Profession: Airline Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hobbies/Interests: surfin, travelin

Postby panchopolo » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:56 pm

UNO - God of Beauty wrote:
panchopolo wrote:Your parallels to 2019 are done from decades, which, unfortunately, kicks out the 25th year. 1994 was the start of India's lengthy supremacy on the Miss Universe stage. If we were to count in the silver jubilee, then 2019 could be the year for a first-time country winner to begin a similar domination.

Indeed. We saw India’s golden era at Miss Universe in the 90s. It was indeed more than a decade-long supremacy with two wins (almost 3 in 1995).

In recent years, we saw Albania and Kosovo breaking through and placing but never scored a win.

I think Vietnam and Indonesia has a strong chance in winning anytime soon. Both of them can host Miss Universe too. Vietnam already did it a decade ago.

But of course, I also want to see “One Hit Wonders” like those wins from Botswana, Namibia, Angola, Netherlands, Greece, Spain, Dominican Republic, and Peru to name a few. I really hope to see small countries winning like Nepal. That girl they sent at Miss World, please send her to Mis Universe! Perhaps Haiti too after scoring a first runner up win in 2016.

Or perhaps, Great Britain. Zero win to date.

The first four IMG winners have raised such a bar, that it's become an unpredictable game. But going by the trends you've listed (and they're awesome): I'm not sure about Indonesia and Vietnam bagging it this year. Frederika looks modern, indeed, and Indonesia finally has an English-fluent contestant. However, Miss Universe is still an overall beauty contest. (Ay, I think I just shaded her :)>- .) As for Vietnam, I haven't seen Hoang Thuy in motion, but I find her looks a downgrade from H'Hen.

That leaves us with the Europeans and Central Americans (Haiti, DR, CR). I'd like to see the Central Americans soar this year.
panchopolo

Postby Malcanthet » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:51 am

Thailand will only have its third crown 13 years after Finland wins its third crown.
Malcanthet
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: TCL
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1969
Profession: Adm Asst
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: Music, swimming

Postby KitoMP » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:52 pm

Lovely analysis, Uno! And your artwork is so fierce as always! I really hope Júlia enters the top 5 this year. She is such an amazing girl!
KitoMP
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Kito
Date of Birth: 07 Sep 1995
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Physicist
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Pig
Hobbies/Interests: Studying, writing poetry, reading, taort and video
Message: One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star.

Postby FeLM » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:12 pm

firerprince wrote:
krissynelli wrote:THE PROBLEM IS; THE BRAZILIANS DON'T LIKE HER FACE AT ALL (BRAZILIANS IN THE SOCIAL MEDIA) .

Huhhhh???? @-)
I don't wanna sound as if I am desperately defending her. I'll just state facts here....
Brazilians in Misso maybe yes but all other social media sites? Ehhh NO :)>-
Her followers rose 3 times (wow) after she won the crown and now the most followed Miss Universe candidate (so far).
She was the most applauded girl on the finale even though it was held in Sao Paulo (she's from Minas Gerais).
She also won Miss Internet = fan favorite (that guaranteed her a spot in Top 15).
She won another voting competition by winning "Miss BE Emotion" voted by her fellow candidates = congeniality award.
Not that much connected to the topic but she also won the best speaker award...All in all she got 3/4 of the special awards.
As far as I know, the Brazilians love her! :hx

Let me correct some stuff you wrote:

1)Her followers rose but they are mainly international fans! Usually the most crazy fans here in Brazil come from Amazonas (Mayra's state) and some others (which does not include Minas Gerais)! That said, even Mayra with her crazy amazonas' fans did not reach the same amount of followers as Julia, we can consider a good percentage of international fans in that statistics! Also, I saw many filipino fans supporting Julia!

2)"She was the most applauded girl" -> Only after she won the Miss Be Emotion Prize (which is NOT voted by her fellow contestants)! It is the organization by itself that choose who wins that prize considering a make-up tutorial previously recorded! And just so you all know: 99.99% of all audience there are Polishop's (The owner of Be Emotion Brand and also owner of Miss Brazil) employees! So, after she won this specific prize as representative of their brand, they all started rooting for her!

3) Fan favorite = True, but they NEVER reveal the votes! Also, there were a lot people complaining on their social media that sometimes their votes were wrongly assigned to a different contestant!

As a Brazilian Fan and a total desbeliever of my National Org, I'd prefer a FLOP rather than a TOP 15/10 again! This way, they might start choosing girls by the whole package instead of a specfic trait! I apologize to those who think Julia has a exotic beauty but she is actually pretty meh and you'll see at the upcoming Miss Universe!
Last edited by FeLM on Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FeLM
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 25 Mar 1990
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: ++++++++
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: ++++++++

Postby Neonic » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:39 am

What lies ahead? the same trashy results as we've always see with IMG, countries that pay a considerable amount in franchises and that give rating to the pageant in social netwrok and etc.. are the ones that get benefited by IMG's bullshit, i can't expect nothing different from that shitty organization that is going in decline.
Neonic

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 2017
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Space Tourism, Traveling, Saxo.

Postby Miss Universe Latinas » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:01 am

Over the current decade, the pageant has experienced the most memorables moments ever in its history.

Let’s seat, relax and enjoy each memorable Miss Universe moment from 2008 to 2018….

Venezuela won its fifth crown in 2008 after 12 long years. Dayana Mendoza was among the experts’ favorite for the crown, coming close was Colombia, beautiful and charming Taliana Vargas.

In 2009, Venezuela made history and broke a World Guinness record after winning back to back Miss Universe. This was the first time a country won twice in two consecutive years.

Mexico got its second crown the same year of the country’s bicentennial of independence. Although Ximena was not among the top contenders, yet she managed to leave out strong contenders such as Ireland’s own Rozanna Purcell.

The pageant was celebrated in Brazil, a country with a large fan base. Where to begin? Brazil and Angola were colonies of Portugal, which is why Portugues is the official language in both countries. Surprisingly, not only Portugal made it to the semifinalists but also Brazil and Angola. At the end, Leila Lopes was crowned Miss Universe, the first Miss Universe for Angola.

In 2012, the pageant was held in Vegas once again, a city that have hosted the pageant more than thirty times. The crown went to Olivia Culpo leaving as her second runner up pageant experts’s top contender, Irene Esser from Venezuela.

The pageant was held for the first time in Russia in 2013. With a consistent performance during the concentration, Gabriela Isler won the seventh crown for Venezuela, making the country with most Misses Universe after USA.

Colombia was close to winning in 2008, a very competitive year according to pageant experts. Then, in 2014, after long 56 years, Colombia won its second Crown. This winning was not a surprise, given that Paulina Vega was among the favorites from the very beginning.

The Miss Universe Pageant was bought by IMG encapsulating the belief of “Confidentially Beautiful” as its motto. The most-talked-about moment in pageantry history is taking place. After the controversial and memorable moment, beautiful and charming Pia Alonzo won Miss Universe 2015, achieving for Philippines the third crown.

In 2016, Philippines hosted the pageant for the third time. Empowering women was starting to be the focus of the organization, shifting the formatting on how to select the semifinalists to place those with a real-life story to tell. France, at the end, took its second crown home, which was not surprised given the beauty of Iris Mittenaere.

The year with the most changes during the decade was for sure 2017. Selection of the semifinalists is done by region: Americas, Asia & Africa, and Europe. A final group is chosen by the organization. During this decade, another country won its second crown—South Africa.

In 2018, the number of semifinalists was extended from 15 to 20 to give the chance for more countries to make the first cut. For the first time, a transgender women earned the right to represent her country in the competition. The top contender ended up winning it all. Catriona Gray, made Phillipines a power house for beauty pageants, getting the four crown for the country.

The decade of 2008 and 2018 has captured the most memorable moments in the history of the pageant. Namely, selecting semifinalists by region, empowering women, among others. Miss Universe, regardless, has the most pageant fans compared to other beauty pageants. Whether old school fans or millennial fans, watching the Miss Universe competition is never boring. Now, let's imagine a competition of the best of the decade. Imagine seeing them all at once...let's just dream.......here in video all these memorable winners' best moment: the swimsuit and evening gown competition....

[youtube]ub8oOVpjHik[/youtube]

--End--
Miss Universe Latinas

Real Life Name/Nick: Branny
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: Blogger
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Hobbies/Interests: Blogger

Postby blerci » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:10 pm

Hello,
sorry for posting here but i dont know where else to write, somebody posted my pictures in this forum without my consent, I've never been a part of a beuty contest, they were just instagram pictures. I dont know who to contact to have them taken off because its interfering with my job, Thank you
blerci
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Date of Birth: 28 Jun 1987
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: researcher
Hobbies/Interests: fitness

Postby blerci » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:27 pm

I saw that you direct messaged me. I am unable to reply to e direct message. can you please dm me your email or some ather admin email so i sent the link. Please help
blerci
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Date of Birth: 28 Jun 1987
Profession: researcher
Hobbies/Interests: fitness

Postby Beta » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:24 pm

This is brilliant, Uno! Definitely a lot of points to ponder and mull over the what ifs.

I'm always in awe of your pageantry knowlege, thanks for sharing!
Beta
ANGELS are the nicest persons of the forum.
ANGELS are the nicest persons of the forum.

Date of Birth: 30 Jul 2008
Profession: BOSS
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Hobbies/Interests: EVERYTHING

Postby blunderer » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:57 pm

taleyblue wrote:
blunderer wrote:It's Vietnam or Thailand that is near for an Miss Universe crown. Vietnam is something to watch out for and is currently the top bet for Asia. Indonesia pales far behind Thailand record-wise also.
it just because Vietnam send their representative to traning in Php!!?better to let them make the cut more often first before win Miss Universe!as I see right now they will clap again next year!for Indonesia they still lacks of a beautiful girl to make it far in Miss Universe!!

You are just scared that Vietnam will surpass Thailand soon enough.
blunderer

Real Life Name/Nick: Buong Buong Marcos
Date of Birth: 10 Feb 1988
Profession: Hot
Hobbies/Interests: Menace

Postby blunderer » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:58 pm

pacifico falafoxy wrote:Between Cat and Pia, people were more excited during Pia’s reign for whatever reason.

Pia has more friends with less negative issues than Catriona. Pia enjoyed every moment and she delivered happiness to people around her. During her reign everybody was Pia’s friends, you heard seldom bad publicities against her, which means less dramas.

With Cat, there’s some negativity in the air and many people feel that. She’s holding back somehow. Hopefully she’s enjoying her stay in New York.

Matagal na po kayong may issue kay Catriona even before she won.
Last edited by blunderer on Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
blunderer

Postby blunderer » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:03 am

Neonic wrote:What lies ahead? the same trashy results as we've always see with IMG, countries that pay a considerable amount in franchises and that give rating to the pageant in social netwrok and etc.. are the ones that get benefited by IMG's bullshit, i can't expect nothing different from that shitty organization that is going in decline.

Bittergourd alert.
blunderer

Postby GlennLRehnan » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:34 am

Happy to read a well thought-out article. Thank you!
GlennLRehnan

Real Life Name/Nick: Glenn
Date of Birth: 09 Jan 1979
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual
Profession: Grad student
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: Studying

Postby LovelyClapperCountry » Tue May 14, 2019 5:34 pm

Haven’t read a well-prepared article like this in a while. Thanks for posting this!
LovelyClapperCountry

Real Life Name/Nick: Sushi
Date of Birth: 25 Feb 1995
Profession: Celebrity
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Hobbies/Interests: Bollywooding
Message: The essence of a woman... is world peace! Ha ha ha ha ha!

Postby with monkeys » Mon May 20, 2019 3:39 am

Thanks! Brazil for 2019! :7 =c3 >:D< =c3 :7

with monkeys

Real Life Name/Nick: with monkeys
Date of Birth: 13 Aug 1985
Profession: student
Chinese Zodiac: Goat
Hobbies/Interests: student

Postby with monkeys » Wed May 22, 2019 3:42 am

:=p

with monkeys

Postby dorodoro » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:46 am

Nice articles by the way. I had goosebumps all over my body while going through this very informative writing. Frankly speaking, I dont really think European countries will be able to conquer another crown in the near future. France just have their crown in 2016 and i dont think there is another Europe country could beat France's record as of yet. Asian countries are the new highlight for this new Miss Universe Era. We can see how Japan, Indonesia and Thailand starting to grow and maintained their momentum in Miss Universe. In the near future, they will surely snatch the Miss Universe crown for their country. I just can only watch and enjoy this pageant by hyping another countries and delegates that catches my eyes and hoping for miracles that my country..one day, will enter at least in the TOP16.

dorodoro
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Real Life Name/Nick: ACPN-ACPN
Date of Birth: 15 Oct 1989
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Freelancer
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: Beautypeagent

Postby with monkeys » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:07 am

[-O< >:D< [-O<

with monkeys

Postby Tingle Wingle » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:29 am

blunderer wrote:
taleyblue wrote:
blunderer wrote:It's Vietnam or Thailand that is near for an Miss Universe crown. Vietnam is something to watch out for and is currently the top bet for Asia. Indonesia pales far behind Thailand record-wise also.
it just because Vietnam send their representative to traning in Php!!?better to let them make the cut more often first before win Miss Universe!as I see right now they will clap again next year!for Indonesia they still lacks of a beautiful girl to make it far in Miss Universe!!

You are just scared that Vietnam will surpass Thailand soon enough.

I have a feeling it’ll be Vietnam vs Thailand for Asia this year.
Tingle Wingle

Real Life Name/Nick: Ting
Date of Birth: 25 Feb 1995
Sexual Orientation: Bicurious
Hobbies/Interests: Tingling wingling

Postby poker_man » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:25 am

To be honest, I'm more interested with what lies ahead after a Miss Universe wears her crown! After Pia, it's been a disappointment year after year. The Miss Universe has nothing to do other than tutorials and local endorsements.

If this continues again in 2019, they should change their slogan to "Miss Universe: Confidently Beautiful Despite Lacking Passport Stamps" with the hashtag "#QueensNotDefinedByPassportStamps" or something to that effect.

poker_man

Date of Birth: 21 Jun 1985
Profession: Doctor
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty pageants

Postby with monkeys » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:31 am

:-* 8-> >:D<
with monkeys

Postby Missy » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:48 pm

with monkeys wrote::-* 8-> >:D<

aahhh my favorite Latina this year

oohh how much i would love to see this girl and Albania in top 2 which unfortunately wont happen :%(( :%(( :%(( well maybe Brazil yes but Albania :(

who know with IMG we had a silent killers in top 5 so maybe i'm praying i'm hoping that it would be my country this year so far Cindy is killing the game and the competition hasn't started yet and she was in Miss Universe offices and meet Catriona so who knows but i say this Cindy is one of best the MUA ever since it started in 2001 so im excited and scared at same time
Missy
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Music,Dance

Postby 100Mile » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:12 pm

TOP 10 EARLY FAVOURITES - NOVEMBER EDITION - MISS UNIVERSE 2019

[youtube]aWYMSPV44Yg[/youtube]

Why the Mahárlika (Philippines) is the Wealthiest Nation in the World Today

[youtube]GcMFE8lFGMQ[/youtube]

100Mile

Real Life Name/Nick: Josh
Date of Birth: 23 Mar 2017
Profession: MLM
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Cooking, Music, Gardening

Postby ninaalyssamari » Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:03 pm

IMG needs an orientation from Donald Trump. Until now they really don’t know to handle Miss Universe in everything.

1. Top 16/20/15 with a short interview is a no no! I mean it’s annoying. The program should announce the semifinalist with upbeat music and no to short interview. And please no more division of each continent. Unfair for the deserving contestants.

2. Opening statement is a no no also. It should be swimsuit competition.

3. In Top 10, same as issue in the semifinalist. No more vtr contestant, instead the vtr should be played after the announcement of Top 10.

4. Top 5 is enough. No more Top 3. The only mistake about Trump era is they were allowing the delegates to use an interpreter. All of them should answer in English.

5. Please bring back Jeannie Mai and Andy Cohen or even Thomas Roberts and Natalia Morales. Thank God, Steve would end his contract.

6. The reigning Miss Universe should explore around the world instead of stucking up in whole USA and their home country. Zuleyka and Justine Pasek had the shortest reign but atleast they had better reign than Pia, Iris, Demi and Catriona.

7. Bring back the dance introduction of Miss Universe.

8. 2016 and 2018 of Miss Universe Prelim Host are rigged. Nick Teplitz should be the host with Pia and Demi, respectively that time. In 2019, Stephanie Kameron should be there.
ninaalyssamari
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Real Life Name/Nick: alyssa cornejo
Date of Birth: 14 Mar 2002
Hobbies/Interests: shopping

Postby ninaalyssamari » Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:16 pm

The Original Top 20 in Miss Universe:

Africa and Asia Pacific
Thailand
Vietnam
Indonesia
Australia
India

Europe:
Albania
France
Portugal
Croatia
Denmark

Americas:
Venezuela
Colombia
Mexico
Puerto Rico
Peru

Wildcard:
Spain
Sweden
Panama
Brazil
Canada

Replace South Africa and Nigeria coz they are not white. In addition, South Africa looks like a male. Looks should be feminine.
Replace Iceland because her hair was almost an Afro. The hair should be wavy, straight and feminine.
Replace Dominican Republic and USA coz they are not white.
Replace Philippines because she’s a tranny.
ninaalyssamari
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Real Life Name/Nick: alyssa cornejo
Date of Birth: 14 Mar 2002
Hobbies/Interests: shopping

Previous

Return to Miss Universe