SIXTEENS REASONS WHY: Terese23's MU2020 Personal Favorites

SIXTEENS REASONS WHY: Terese23's MU2020 Personal Favorites

Postby terese23 » Fri May 14, 2021 8:43 pm

The long wait is finally over. The 69th Miss Universe is indeed in full force. First, let me commend the organization for giving seventy-four incredible women, the opportunity to live their dreams of n being part of this prestigious pageant. And of course bringing joy to the pageant community in this trying times. This edition maybe a whole lot different from the previous years, due to the challenges brought about by the global pandemic. But somehow the Miss Universe Organization still managed to make this contest entertaining. And there still a lot of reasons to be excited about this pageant.

Speaking of reasons, allowed me to express, the sixteen reason why the 69th Miss Universe excite me. Here they are!

Initially, Alina's selection as Miss Universe Argentina did not make sense to me. I did consider her competitions far better than her. But after following Alina's journey in the last several months, now I completely understand why she is the chosen one. Alina's professional and social works are quite admirable, I think this will get her high remarks from the judges. On top of that, she received a major overhaul from beauty Czar Osmel Sousa. However, her transformation could either work to her advantage or the other way around. Don't get me wrong she look impeccable, but there were times she look twice her age. Nevertheless, Alina is a great representative.

Bolivia might score its long awaited placement this year with the very bubbly Lenka. For me she is a sunshine personified, and I would not be surprise if the other ladies will vote her Miss Congeniality. Her engaging personality is her bigger edge over the other ladies, and I hope she will use it to her advantage. Lenka's speaking ability is also highly commendable, and I have no doubts that she will do well in the close door interview.

When you have a face like Miss Cambodia Saritha Reth, you are definitely a Miss Universe material. For me she is one of the most stunning contestant this year. She may be one of the shortest in the group, however she has no problem standing out. Do not be fool by Sarita's delicate features, because she can kick ass literally and figuratively. Her skills in both martial art and speaking are proofs that she is powerful woman. She is one of the few ladies I believe that will ace the interviews. My only hope is that her shortcoming will not hinder her from going farther in the competition.

First let me congratulate Angele Kossinda for being the first ever Miss Universe Cameroon, that alone is already an achievement. I have been a fan of this African queen since 2017. I was rooting for her back then, and I will continue to do so. How can you not support a well accomplished woman like Angele. She was able to put her country in the map in two major international pageants, I think she has potential to do that again. At this moment she is a long shot for the crown, so what she need to do is work three times as hard as the other ladies.

Beautiful mahogany skin, legs that can go for days, and larger than life presence are just some of the few reasons why Canada's Nova Stevens is one of my favorites. This unconventional beauty would be a great representative of Miss Universe is she end up winning this whole thing. She has no problem speaking her mind, she has an amazing platform, and she represents diversity. Now my only concern with Nova is, she is very similar to the current Miss Universe, and that could really work against her. Nonetheless, I know Nova will do great, and I believe she is a shoo-in the Top 5.

Multifaceted is probably the best word to describe Daniela Nicolas of Chile. This latin beauty, is a jack of all trades. She is an actress, a television presenter, a make-up artist, and who knows she could be our next Miss Universe. With a story to tell, she is on her way to make things happens for her country. Now, let's talk about her face, all I can say is simply striking. How can you not adore someone with a face like her. The one thing I really do like about her are those beautiful piercing blue eyes, so captivating.

When Chantal Wiertz was appointed Miss Universe Curacao she instantly join the list of my favorites. This island girl is extremely photogenic and I always find her photos astonishing. She has to ability to entice you with her snaps. However, I must admit though, there was a time that I got a bit disappointed with her. I even considered her boring because the fierceness she exudes in her photos did not translates always in motion. But when I realized that she has that special gift, my disappointment turned into admiration. As the days go by, I see this girl evolve excellently towards the right direction. And I think part of it is because she continuously to embrace and celebrate her uniqueness.

There is no debate that Klara Vavruskova is one the most stunning woman that ever grace the Miss Universe. Everything about Klara is top-tier. Among this year contestants, when it comes to facial beauty, I strongly believe she is one of those that leading the pack. Her evolution from a sweet lady to an elegant woman is just amazing. It's been a decade since a Czech woman secured a placement in this pageant. In my opinion Klara can bring back the glory that Czech Republic once had in Miss Universe.

Every year we watch one delegate pull a major upset. This year, I think that woman will be Kimberly Jimenez of Dominican Republic. I like that she is flying under everybody's radar. This gorgeous woman with beautiful caramel skin is a silent killer. A lot of pageant aficionados are sleeping on her, but not me. I am anticipating for her performance because I know she can deliver.

Miss Mexico Andrea Meza is one those few ladies, that manage to check all the boxes of a Miss Universe prototype. I don't need to further elaborate all the attributes she have, why she is one of my personal favorites. Undoubtedly Andrea is one pretty woman, that alone makes her a stand out. What more impressive about her, is the moment you put her side by side with other contestants, she has that inate ability to get noticed right away and completely outshines her competitors. I expect no less than Top Five placement for Andrea comes final night.

I was completely baffled when Anshika Sharma was crowned Miss Universe Nepal. Back then I thought there were other ladies more deserving than her and were Miss Universe ready. But as the months go by, this lass turned me into ne of her biggest fan with her spectacular metamorphosis. For me she went from zero to hero. This statuesque beauty is proving to everybody that she deserve and belong to be here. I would like everyone to keep an eye on Anshika, she just might be this year dark-horse.

The journey to the Miss Universe for Carmen Jaramillo has been long and filled with sweat and tears. I am beyond glad that Carmen is finally got her chance to be the sash-bearer of Panama. The sheer determination of this Latina beauty is awe-inspiring, that character is one of the few reasons why I admire her big time. Now let's talk about Carmen's biggest strength, her catwalk skills. This woman lit the runway on fire every time she set foot on it. No questions, Carmen can walk the walk, now I want her to talk the talk. If she manage to do that, then a placement is inevitable.

Effortlessly beautiful, two words that best describe the delegate of the Philippines. Rabiya Mateo's face alone can inahilate her competition. I have not seen a single bad photo of Rabiya, and that speak volumes. I am very happy that Rabiya has been constantly living up to the expectations, a proof that she a formidable contender. Being from a powerhouse country, Rabiya's biggest challenge is the pressure to do extremely well. So far, I think she is handling the pressure quite well and I am expecting her to continue to do so. Because if she let it get through her head, she will be in serious trouble.

Estefania Soto Torres of Puerto Rico is the epitome of sophistication. This boricua exudes so much class like no one else. She could probably be wearing a potato sack and still looks like a millions bucks. She is actually giving me the same vibe that Gabriella Isler had in 2013, and who knows she might have the same fate as Gabriella. The one thing that I was afraid of, for Estefenia, is that she will look too mature for the competition, considering the fact that she is one of the oldest in the bunch. However, Estafania was able to master a way to look young and fresh. And I hope she keeps it up, because this will help her tremendously in this beauty tournament.

My ultimate and sentimental favorite this year, is no other than Bianca Lorena Tirsin. I strongly believe, this vibrant woman posses all the elements of what a Miss Universe really is. Everything about Bianca is phenomenal, from undeniably beautiful youthful face, to her unmatchable presence, and inspiring advocacies. Bianca is truly one rare gem, that is not to be ignored. She is already made history for Romania twice, and I think she is about to do it again. It will be a breath of fresh air if Bianca walks away with the crown.

Once again, South Africa send a queen that is a force to be reckoned with. Natasha Joubert is one gorgeous woman with curvaceous body to die for. She is also a great speaker, a quality that will surely help her propel to the top. Her story is an evident of how strong woman she is. Being the representative of the Rainbow Nation is one of her biggest advantage, but at the same time her biggest disadvantage. Sometimes I feel like Natasha is a Demi Leigh 2.0, with the way she talk and carry herself, I think that is working against her. Nevertheless, Natasha is on the path of success, and I can wait to see her slay.

There you have it folks, just few of the reasons, why I am anticipating this edition of Miss Universe.

P.S. Best of luck to all the seventy-four spectacular women. You guys are rockstar.

terese23
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: student
Hobbies/Interests: dancing

Re: SIXTEENS REASONS WHY: Terese23's MU2020 Personal Favorit

Postby manoypoe » Fri May 14, 2021 9:02 pm

Great list.
manoypoe
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.

Date of Birth: 15 Apr 1975
Profession: Assassin of Idiots
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Web surfing

Postby Kukay » Fri May 14, 2021 9:04 pm

Gutsy move .

Making a list before the prelims .

:=p :=p :=p
Kukay
SUPER SONICS are SPEEDIEST posters.

Date of Birth: 16 Nov 2007
Profession: Tambay
Hobbies/Interests: Mang asar

Postby Ian Sebastin » Fri May 14, 2021 9:14 pm

South Africa is short and squatty. I’m afraid she will be clapping

AGENT OF BEAUTY
Ian Sebastin
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.

Profession: Insurance
Hobbies/Interests: Traveling and Beauty

Postby vinusya » Fri May 14, 2021 9:25 pm

nahhh some of those are very timid.
If everyone can be a beauty queen, what is hardwork?
Maybe there is no hardwork, only surgeries ?
vinusya
GRAPHIC DESIGNERS are creative minds & beautifiers of the forum.
GRAPHIC DESIGNERS are creative minds & beautifiers of the forum.

Real Life Name/Nick: Nawatt
Date of Birth: 11 Aug 1994
Profession: Red Haired Model
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Net Surfing
Message: A queen shouldn't be lazy going to the gym, caring, reading and learning.

Postby terese23 » Fri May 14, 2021 9:57 pm

manoypoe wrote:Great list.

Thank you!
terese23

Postby terese23 » Fri May 14, 2021 10:02 pm

Kukay wrote:Gutsy move .

These women are actually my favorites. I made these list prior to their arrival, it's just time did not permit me to post them earlier. And I'm sticking to these ladies whatever happens.

Thank you for commenting.
terese23

Postby terese23 » Fri May 14, 2021 10:18 pm

Ian Sebastin wrote:South Africa is short and squatty. I’m afraid she will be clapping

Natasha was not even on my Top 5 when she competed in Miss South Africa, and that is the only reason why she did not make my list. Like you said she is vertically challenge and she has a curvy body, and the combination of both did not do her any favor. Yeah sometimes she does register squatty, so I'm totally get what you're saying. But the girl can speak, so I would not count her out.
terese23

Postby terese23 » Fri May 14, 2021 10:19 pm

vinusya wrote:nahhh some of those are very timid.

I totally respect your opinion. I hope some of them will change your mind after their preliminary performance. I appreciate the comment though.
Last edited by terese23 on Sun May 16, 2021 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
terese23

Postby hrexen » Fri May 14, 2021 10:33 pm

nice list!
hrexen
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 21 Jan 1986
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Student
Hobbies/Interests: Run and read

Postby terese23 » Fri May 14, 2021 10:47 pm

hrexen wrote:nice list!

Thank you very much. :=p :=p :=p
terese23

Postby Kukay » Fri May 14, 2021 10:49 pm

terese23 wrote:

These women are actually my favorites. I made these list prior to their arrival, it's just time did not permit me to post them earlier. And I'm sticking to these ladies whatever happens.

The main reason I replied is because of Cambodia.

I’m rooting for her and Singapore .

Yes she’s tiny which shocked me when I first found out but yeah ... she’s still my number 2 girl .

I was impressed with her NC performance ... she was really into her own zone .
She doesn’t care if Miss Cameroon was endlessly waiting for her to finish . She kept it going walking like a god in a slow and calculated pace .
Kukay

Date of Birth: 16 Nov 2007
Profession: Tambay
Hobbies/Interests: Mang asar

Postby terese23 » Fri May 14, 2021 11:27 pm

Kukay wrote:
terese23 wrote:

The main reason I replied is because of Cambodia.

I’m rooting for her and Singapore .

Yes she’s tiny which shocked me when I first found out but yeah ... she’s still my number 2 girl .

I was impressed with her NC performance ... she was really into her own zone .
She doesn’t care if Miss Cameroon was endlessly waiting for her to finish . She kept it going walking like a god in a slow and calculated pace .

I know right, Sarita is awesome.

I am also keeping an eye on Bernadette. I will not complain if she make the Top 21.
terese23

Postby Ian Sebastin » Sat May 15, 2021 1:31 am

terese23 wrote:
Ian Sebastin wrote:South Africa is short and squatty. I’m afraid she will be clapping

Natasha was not even on my Top 5 when she competed in Miss South Africa, and that is the only reason why she did not make my list. Like you said she is vertically challenge and she has a curvy body, and the combination of both did not do her any favor. Yeah sometimes she does register squatty, so I'm totally get what you're saying. But the girl can speak, so I would not count her out.

She surprised me in swimsuit. I thought she would make me eat my words. Her evening gown was a disaster though. Based on preliminary performances, I don't see her making the top 21. The only way she does is if she is a MUO pick.

AGENT OF BEAUTY
Ian Sebastin

Profession: Insurance
Hobbies/Interests: Traveling and Beauty

Postby Stoichio » Sat May 15, 2021 3:49 am

I’m afraid Chile won’t make it.

It’s Nicaragua that has a good chance after the prelims.
Only the Closed-Door Interview might cause her a placement.
Stoichio

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 2011
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Number 1
Hobbies/Interests: Nature tripping

Postby terese23 » Sat May 15, 2021 11:39 am

Ian Sebastin wrote:
terese23 wrote:

She surprised me in swimsuit. I thought she would make me eat my words. Her evening gown was a disaster though. Based on preliminary performances, I don't see her making the top 21. The only way she does is if she is a MUO pick.

Yeah she did great in swimsuit. I agree with you her evening gown I did not find it flattering. I think she was going for a classic look, in the evening gown. For me she still did better than most girls.
terese23

Postby terese23 » Sat May 15, 2021 11:48 am

Stoichio wrote:I’m afraid Chile won’t make it.

It’s Nicaragua that has a good chance after the prelims.
Only the Closed-Door Interview might cause her a placement.

My heart break for Daniela, overdid it in the swimsuit. She did slightly better in Evening gown. But still her performance was really underwhelming. Yeah her serving grace is her beautiful face.

Nicaragua was divine last night. I like her too.
terese23

Return to Miss Universe