Mr. Supranational 2021 Under the Microscope

Mr. Supranational 2021 Under the Microscope

Postby Prozac » Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:40 am

I was supposed to review the Miss Supranational 2021 highlights and lowlights but the tape was flawed and
defective, I lost interest. It was so annoying, it drained whatever enthusiasm and excitement left in you.
I also saw Mr. Supranational it was tolerable and bearable so here we go with some observations:

- The winner Circle includes 4th Runner Up- Mr. Spain-Lucas Munoz Alonzo, 3rd Runner Up - Mr. Nepal - Santosh
Upadhyaya, 2nd Runner Up- Mr. Venezuela - William Badell, First Rubber Up- Mr. Togo -Abdel-Kacem Tefridj,
Mr. Supranational 2021- Mr. Peru - Varo Vargas. The sashes were given by last year's winner Nate Crnkovich
from the USA.

- Varo Vargas knelt down after the announcement and his eyes directed heavenward, maybe his way of thanking
God for his win. He received $15,000 for all his effort.

- Venezuela is a good sport. Much that he wants to win, not a tinge of pungency or tartness can be seen in his
wholesome handsome face. Instead, he flashed that radiant smile. a sign he is acknowledging Peru and Togo
are fighting tooth and nail for the title. A lot of observers however said William was aggressive and too con-
fident which I find it normal in contests like this.

- My friend said Togo deserved to win. Togo represents the real and currently changing world where there is a
mixture of races and cultures. Very humble guy and that it shows in his smile

- In the interview, the best answers were Venezuela and Nepal. Venezuela was on his best element but people
find his answer generic and repetitive. Nepal is a doctor by profession, despite a good answer, there was he-
sitancy in his voice. And he is shy too.

In the swimwear competition, it is obvious Venezuela's William Badell was placed in the middle for a reason-
he was the center of attraction and besides other candidates pale in comparison when placed side by side
with him. And when everybody started to gyrate William gets all the applause and the kudos.

In the announcement of Top Ten Finalists, Mr. Peru Varo Vargas has the habit of touching, tapping the shoulder,
patting the back and he gave the announced finalist an exuberant high fives and low fives which make my friend
asked, "When he did that, is he getting the good luck that he needs? Having done that for nth time around, Varo
being called last finally get the call that he wish for. I look back at my friend and I told her, "it's working!"

- From Asia, aside from Philippines, Nepal, and India, facewise Thailand and Singapore should be there instead
of Indonesia. Sorry guys, we are basing it on the face value. Nothing personal. And when he was called in the
Top Ten and the camera zoomed to his face, my friend could not help but say, ... "I told you ... the vote counts."

- When Mr. Korea won the Mr. Friendship award, he was emotional and he didn't expect it. The emotions were
so palpable and genuine, he was on the verge of crying. Mr. Aruba made a testimony when he said this: "Most
of the guys could not communicate with you, but you have won our hearts and our respect" ... and then give
Mr. Korea a T-shirt with the signatures of the candidates. And there was a defeaning applause from the candidates
and the audience.

The opening salvo showed us the bulky Mr. United States and company beating the drums, the rhythmic percussion
made the audience dance with them, and when the candidates showed up, we are treated to a buffet of a male
species in different colors- white black and brown, and gosh the clothes they are wearing, it is just too chic and
sophisticated for ordinary people like us.

In the announcement of the Top 20, we saw candidates leaving the stage. Was that an honest mistake ... or they
made their exit out of disgust that their names were not called.

- The Mr and Miss Supranational 2021 was a family affair, an assembly, and gathering of previous winners with
special participation by some staff members and the organization's supporters. They are clannish and cliquish,
some say snobbish. So the saying goes, "the family that judge together ... come on finish the line!

Last edited by Prozac on Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prozac
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Butch
Date of Birth: 16 Mar 2016
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Hospital Worker
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: bully buster, fake news antidote
Message: If you see bizarre behaviors in you, seek professional help.

Re: Mr. Supranational 2021 Under the Microscope

Postby Prozac » Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:46 am

The video of Mr. Supranational 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HvKSrHRmek
Prozac

Postby kurtij » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:58 pm

I JUST CANNOT WITH THE VOTING.

SUCH A WASTE OF SPOT FOR THE MORE DESERVING AND ATTRACTIVE ONES.
TOO MUCH OF A FAST TRACK.
WHAT'S THE USE OF HAVING PRELIMINARIES.

I HOPE THAT THEIR BRAND BECAME MORE POPULAR THROUGH THAT.
kurtij
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: m_cronin
Date of Birth: 27 Dec 1989
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Missosologist
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: CURSING

Postby Nina Cleopatra » Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:13 pm

When the votes favor Philippines everything is great and dandy and Yay! But when it isnt, is the worst thing in the world. Enough witht this double standard.
Nina Cleopatra
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1984
Profession: Queen
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hobbies/Interests: Be Pampered
Message: Who's in charge of the girls?.. I'M IN CHARGE OF THE GIRLS!

Postby XAMURAI » Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:10 am

kurtij wrote:

It's the rule. They followed and made it work in their favor. Yes, Indonesia was like a younger version of Manny Pacquiao, but he is not totally unfortunate looking. If you did not want a spot wasted for him, you could have bought votes for your bet so he could enter the Top10 instead of Indonesia. It's not Indonesia's fault that they FOLLOWED the rule while you guys were just watching and did nothing.
My Interview for GMA Western Visayas

[youtube]0UHn679-4P4[/youtube]
XAMURAI
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: XAMURAI
Date of Birth: 01 Jul 1979
Profession: Company Employee and Entrepreneur
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Hobbies/Interests: Basketball and Camping

Postby Prozac » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:26 am

XAMURAI wrote:
kurtij wrote:

It's the rule. They followed and made it work in their favor. Yes, Indonesia was like a younger version of Manny Pacquiao, but he is not totally unfortunate looking. If you did not want a spot wasted for him, you could have bought votes for your bet so he could enter the Top10 instead of Indonesia. It's not Indonesia's fault that they FOLLOWED the rule while you guys were just watching and did nothing.

While I agree with both Kurtij and Xamurai, and I have deep respect for both, there is something in vote-buying that
is somewhat repulsive and loathsome. Just like vote-buying in Philippine politics, the mere mention of it leaves a
bad taste in the mouth.

Why can't Mr. and Miss World or Mr. and Miss Supranational or Politics anywhere in the world remedy or straighten out
some kinks in the RULES they made at the start and improve it? We don't want to have Rules that muddle, interfere,
and complicate the selection process.

All they do is focus on the candidate's beauty, pasarela, personality, and speaking skills and discard other Rules, like
Fast Track and its categories (Miss World Beach Beauty, Beauty With a Purpose, Sports Challenge) and in Mr. and Miss
Supranational (Supra Fan Vote, Supra Influencer, Supra Chat) which are just exercises in futility.

We have invited celebrity judges to select the winners, but now we invited also the fans to frolic and horse around
with the judges, making their jobs more difficult. It's not FUN anymore ... there's FAN-demonium as fans will vote
for their country's rep not minding whether they are beautiful or not, what is important is that they have shown
their nationalistic spirit, loyalty, and faithfulness.

Imagine this situation. The Philippines will have Manny Pacquaio as a candidate, are you happy with your decision
of buying votes for him? And as he emerged as one of the TOP Ten leaving behind a qualified candidate clapping
in the background, you asked yourself what is wrong with that picture? You showed your patriotism and zealousness,
but to what extent - by denying somebody more proficient and competent? Why maybe even Manny will turn down
his slot and give it to him.

Now the fast-tracking - imagine Marcelito Pomoy or Jovit Baldivino represent the Philippines. They are celebrated
singers alright, but fast-tracking them because of their powerful voices would be downright indecent and irreverent.
denying a slot to the more deserving.

So why don't we forget fast-tracking and fan votes? If we want to give extra awards by all means they can always
give Miss Talent, Miss Sports, Miss Supra Chat, Miss Fan Votes, Miss Beach Beauty. Miss Beauty With a Purpose,
Miss Elegance and they can give everybody individual awards for all I care if that makes everybody happy. Fast
tracking them without the blessing of the invited judges invites unwanted results and undesirable internet
squabbles and wrangling. If Top 10 includes only the cream of the crop, who would dare question the result?

And you know there is always that string attached when fans are buying votes, The more votes you accumulated,
the organizers become indebted to the fans. Somehow one way or another, the org has to return the favor. This
is maybe the reason why Miss Universe stood firm and didn't cave to the bandwagon fast-tracking initiative spear-
headed by Miss World.

That is why some Filipinos are getting smarter these days. They don't succumb to these popularity votes
anymore. Some are still doing it, but they have mellowed. Why vote, when you know your candidate, will lose
because there are still other countries more aggressive. It will be a waste of time, money, and effort.

I know fan vote is a money-making scheme, and we can't fault the organizers for that. As they said beauty
pageants are still a business and it needs to survive. But there is a thin line that separates the organizer's
intention to survive and giving out titles for the highest contributor and making them happy.

I talked to a friend and she said, Let's have a contest where candidates are judge according to their merits.
quality and excellence (beauty, personality, and speaking skills included. That is more making sense than Supra
Vote and Best Influencer. Miss Universe and Miss World did it before (those were the glory days) until Miss World
concocted these new additional RULES thinking it will make the pageant more interesting, Well it didn't.
Last edited by Prozac on Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
Prozac

Postby kurtij » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:53 am

XAMURAI wrote:
kurtij wrote:

YES. I UNDERSTAND THAT IT IS THEIR RULE AND EVERYTHING.
JUST COMMENTING AS A SPECTATOR.

LIKE OTHER FORUMERS HAVE REITERATED, IT COULD'VE BEEN BETTER IF THERE WAS AN EXTRA SPOT FOR THAT.
PERHAPS, TOP 11? JUST LIKE WHAT THEY DID IN THE MISS WITH TOP 12. THAT WAS OK.

SOMEONE COULD'VE BEEN WORTHY OF THE 10TH SPOT THROUGH HIS OWN MERITS. FAN VOTE FOR THE 11TH SPOT.
THAT'S JUST WHAT I THINK.

BUT YEAH, THEIR PAGEANT, THEIR RULES.
(Not all rules are meant to be followed.)
kurtij

Real Life Name/Nick: m_cronin
Date of Birth: 27 Dec 1989
Profession: Missosologist
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: CURSING

Postby XAMURAI » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:30 am

kurtij wrote:
XAMURAI wrote:
kurtij wrote:

YES. I UNDERSTAND THAT IT IS THEIR RULE AND EVERYTHING.
JUST COMMENTING AS A SPECTATOR.

LIKE OTHER FORUMERS HAVE REITERATED, IT COULD'VE BEEN BETTER IF THERE WAS AN EXTRA SPOT FOR THAT.
PERHAPS, TOP 11? JUST LIKE WHAT THEY DID IN THE MISS WITH TOP 12. THAT WAS OK.

SOMEONE COULD'VE BEEN WORTHY OF THE 10TH SPOT THROUGH HIS OWN MERITS. FAN VOTE FOR THE 11TH SPOT.
THAT'S JUST WHAT I THINK.

BUT YEAH, THEIR PAGEANT, THEIR RULES.
(Not all rules are meant to be followed.)

Remember, VOTES also catapulted Mafae Yunon and Karla Bautista into the Top5 of Miss World, while more than 100 others lost that one spot. We were happy and proud of such achievement. Votes also gave the Philippines a three-peat in the Miss Photogenic category of Miss Universe from 2005, not to mention the back-to-back win in 1996 and 1997.
I would complain if the rule about automatic placement of the public vote winner was announced ONLY during the pageant night, but it wasn't. You were informed. The Indonesian fans were informed. Everyone who followed the pageant was informed.
So, the spot taken by Mr Indonesia was deserved as it did not violate any rule.
My Interview for GMA Western Visayas

[youtube]0UHn679-4P4[/youtube]
XAMURAI

Real Life Name/Nick: XAMURAI
Date of Birth: 01 Jul 1979
Profession: Company Employee and Entrepreneur
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Hobbies/Interests: Basketball and Camping

Postby Prozac » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:48 am

This video is about the money-making scheme brewed and designed as a brainchild by Miss Universe Philippines.
It's creating a lot of flak and bad press right now and I want to share it with you because it is with the same
wavelength as my arguments in my opening salvo why fan voting needs to be written off. The whole gamut of
concerns that fan voting proves to all and sundry the EVIL that it deprives the more accomplished, the more
certified, the more competent, and the most disciplined from ever getting the spotlight.

Quoting the words of Nicolo Cosme (Top photographer),"pwede mong bilhin and spot mo sa Top 30." How is that
different with the fan voting of other pageants? I will say no more and I will let the video speak for itself. Here's
the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiGQAwPMheY
Prozac

Return to Miss Universe