THE DUCHESS MISS UNIVERSE 2020 | PRE ARRIVAL PREDICTION

Re: THE DUCHESS MISS UNIVERSE 2020 | PRE ARRIVAL PREDICTION

Postby Oma-san » Mon May 10, 2021 11:11 am

Australia is so average-looking but has a great advocacy. I think out of the three Indians (India, Australia and Philippines) she has the most potential even though Adline's physical transformation was extraordinary.

Oma-san
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: Elle
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Sexual Orientation: Bicurious
Profession: Associate Professor
Hobbies/Interests: love, love, love my girls

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Mon May 10, 2021 12:00 pm

The Duchess wrote:
Queen of the Clouds wrote:
The Duchess wrote:
Queen of the Clouds wrote:
The Duchess wrote:
Queen of the Clouds wrote:Missed you!!

My biggest disagreement here would be with USA. Crystle is taking over Miss USA for 2021 so Asya has not been under her tutelage, she's the final MUO Miss USA, and it honestly seems like she hasn't been training at all. She's a mess. Every now and then a Miss USA flops, and Asya has all the markings of one who will. It's almost as if she isn't even there, she's so invisible. The girl can speak and has a pretty face but she's lacking pretty much every where else, plus I know the MUO doesn't want to work with a Trump supporter. Of course it's more than likely she'll place because she's Miss USA, but if I had to bet which of the queens from 2011 to current day would be most in danger of flopping, I'd pick Asya.

Wait she is under IMG still? Dammit! Wish I knew that before

Yeah Crystle has control over Miss USA starting with the 2021 batch. I think Asya visited her academy in Texas once but other than that she's still the final IMG queen, the first Crystle Stewart queen will be the 2021 winner.

Well nevermind what I said then HAHAHAHA she even dissapeared for days

Yeah she is an absolute mess, I have no idea what was going on there. She literally vanished, I had not seen her at all until today at that dinner with Paula. It's almost as if she's not even trying. If any Miss USA is going to clap it'll be this one.

People in Latin America are really mad at the situation because we know she will probably still place and its very sad.

And they are totally valid feeling that way. If she places I will be angry too. She's done nothing to show that she deserves it. She shouldn't have even won Miss USA.
Queen of the Clouds
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 18 Mar 1996
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Lawyer
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Hobbies/Interests: Fashion, music, film, politics, and parties

Postby lingintexas » Mon May 10, 2021 1:05 pm

Oma-san wrote:
The Duchess wrote:
Stoichio wrote:

Hmmmm...there’s a bit inconsistency as to which criteria you used to pick the girls (i.e. whether you gravitated more to physical beauty or communication skills). I think it’s more of a personal preference or sentimental favorites. Or maybe, it was a hot picks that was not posted on time.

I say this because how could you have left out CAMBODIA, NEPAL (and even LAOS, MYANMAR & SINGAPORE), these girls are much better in communication skills from Indonesia and Vietnam who have hard time getting their message across. Add to that, the girls I mentioned are more beautiful.

Also with the European group, Iceland, Poland, Finland, Great Britain. Especially Poland, the girl can walk and talk!
then I see Italy on your list. #:-S

Its 3 am here but I'm gonna answer this quick before I can elaborate when awake. There's several girls that I wouldn't put on this list if we didn't have a continental placement, there's plenty of favorites I had to cut to make way for women I think MUO wants in that Top21. I don't like Colombia, Canada, USA (As soon as I posted I saw her arrival "look"), not feeling Indonesia, Philippines or France all that, I'm not a fan of my own girl, ect. But I know that all those girls will be pretty attractive to IMG, if I had my way Id put my alterante plus like 4 girls you mentioned. This list is still a prediction of the 21 girls I think have the biggest chance of getting in this era. I also added a personal rank of those 21 and if you notice most of the girls I said I dont want or like are at the bottom of the list.

But I'll explain it better when I'm awake

It doesn't matter whether you are a fan of your girl or not when you place her as 2nd. It shows clear bias and quite typical. I like your girl and I won't have any issues if she wins but is she a clear favourite? No. I don't think MUO has placed her as 2nd in their hot picks list. Your girl is more like Wendy Fitzwilliam. She is mature and responsible but facially average so she will only win if she performs well. Not because she has caught MUO's eye even before she starts the pageant activities.

Wendy mature and facially average lol which is a joke. You clearly need to get your eyes checked
lingintexas
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: Alvin-Michael Tiago Linton
Date of Birth: 23 Jan 1984
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Chemical Engineer
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Chinese Zodiac: Rooster
Hobbies/Interests: Computers

Postby Oma-san » Mon May 10, 2021 1:32 pm

lingintexas wrote:
Oma-san wrote:
The Duchess wrote:
Stoichio wrote:

Hmmmm...there’s a bit inconsistency as to which criteria you used to pick the girls (i.e. whether you gravitated more to physical beauty or communication skills). I think it’s more of a personal preference or sentimental favorites. Or maybe, it was a hot picks that was not posted on time.

I say this because how could you have left out CAMBODIA, NEPAL (and even LAOS, MYANMAR & SINGAPORE), these girls are much better in communication skills from Indonesia and Vietnam who have hard time getting their message across. Add to that, the girls I mentioned are more beautiful.

Also with the European group, Iceland, Poland, Finland, Great Britain. Especially Poland, the girl can walk and talk!

Its 3 am here but I'm gonna answer this quick before I can elaborate when awake. There's several girls that I wouldn't put on this list if we didn't have a continental placement, there's plenty of favorites I had to cut to make way for women I think MUO wants in that Top21. I don't like Colombia, Canada, USA (As soon as I posted I saw her arrival "look"), not feeling Indonesia, Philippines or France all that, I'm not a fan of my own girl, ect. But I know that all those girls will be pretty attractive to IMG, if I had my way Id put my alterante plus like 4 girls you mentioned. This list is still a prediction of the 21 girls I think have the biggest chance of getting in this era. I also added a personal rank of those 21 and if you notice most of the girls I said I dont want or like are at the bottom of the list.

It doesn't matter whether you are a fan of your girl or not when you place her as 2nd. It shows clear bias and quite typical. I like your girl and I won't have any issues if she wins but is she a clear favourite? No. I don't think MUO has placed her as 2nd in their hot picks list. Your girl is more like Wendy Fitzwilliam. She is mature and responsible but facially average so she will only win if she performs well. Not because she has caught MUO's eye even before she starts the pageant activities.

Wendy mature and facially average lol which is a joke. You clearly need to get your eyes checked

Shut up negra.
Oma-san

Postby The Duchess » Mon May 10, 2021 7:23 pm

Oma-san wrote:
lingintexas wrote:
Oma-san wrote:
The Duchess wrote:
Stoichio wrote:

Shut up negra.

1) No need for that world in the tone that you are delivering it, he is entitled to his opinion on my post as well as you.

2) I don't necessarily agree that she isn't a favorite, plenty of people have her in her Top 5 across the world. Whether I like her or not is undeniable. I guess we will have to see to see if Miss Universe has taken a liking to her. But thank you for you input.
The Duchess
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 01 Sep 1995
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Costume Design
Hobbies/Interests: Arts, Music, Literature

Postby itsrowdy801 » Tue May 11, 2021 5:51 am

This is an incredibly well thought out and illuminating post. I always look forward to hearing from you, and this is no different. Obviously we'll all need to wait til prelims to get a clearer picture of what will happen, but I think you could very much be onto something (despite my feelings that the organization will be hesitant to crown 3 South Africans in 4 years, if Natasha kills it that won't matter)
itsrowdy801
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Rowdy
Date of Birth: 21 Aug 1994
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Customer Service @ Travel Startup
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants, Comedy, Politics

Postby The Alchemist » Tue May 11, 2021 6:16 am

Im not really feeling this list but it’s an interesting read.

Jamaica & Nepal are top contenders I think.

Mexico & Puerto Rico will slug it out for the Latin placement.

Curacao and Dom Rep are interesting girls and could take the place of the two Latinas

Philippines Thailand & Vietnam will slug it out for Asia’s placement. Hei’ne will judge I was told.
The Alchemist
PAGEANT APPRENTICES are novice experts & connoisseurs.

Real Life Name/Nick: Mar
Date of Birth: 15 Jul 1984
Profession: Traveler
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: Traveling

Postby manoypoe » Tue May 11, 2021 3:30 pm

Can't wait for your Final Prediction.
manoypoe
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.

Date of Birth: 15 Apr 1975
Profession: Assassin of Idiots
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Web surfing

Postby Oma-san » Tue May 11, 2021 5:19 pm

Remember guys, Nepal placed in 2018 (btw I think Miss India Nehal was a total hype unlike the crown contender this year, Adline) because of her conversational skills. Although, I felt she had no clear advocacy and didn't seem to be "in the zone" but as a conversationalist, she was at the top even better than the ones who placed in the top that year and of course, the winner. This was the same reason why her compatriot, Shrinkhala Khatiwada failed to progress in Miss World in spite of having an outstanding BWAP. Also, sometimes personality can matter if not more like H'hen Nie who was not necessarily a great speaker even in Vietnamese but had an exuberant personality coupled by a great advocacy.

Manita was not a strong contender but her conversational not oratory mind you skills carried her through in Miss Universe 2018 and although her gown was ugly, her styling was on point in all of the Miss Universe events. These factors helped achieve her a top 10 placement in the final event of the pageant.

I've noticed most Miss Nepals who've done well have spent time in America (like Ishani Shrestha). In comparison, no Miss Nepal with an experience in the UK or elsewhere has been noticed (maybe because they haven't been crowned enough yet). Nepal is not like India. Nepalese can't speak good English unless they've gone abroad even if the curriculum is conducted in English and I think this inability plays on their confidence level and more so the way it shapes their outlook (very important). So for the current Miss Nepal to stand out, she must come strong in interview then it's a sure placement and a shoo-in to the Top 5 considering her height, beauty and country support. The current Miss Nepal has an experience Australia and it's a different cultural experience compared to America where people are opinionated (annoyingly over-opinionated at times) so is she as good a conversationalist? Also the amount of time spent abroad. Some Miss Nepals were not good speakers/nor as fluent in English like Shristi Shrestha in spite of having lived many years abroad.
Oma-san

Postby The Duchess » Wed May 12, 2021 9:00 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:This is an incredibly well thought out and illuminating post. I always look forward to hearing from you, and this is no different. Obviously we'll all need to wait til prelims to get a clearer picture of what will happen, but I think you could very much be onto something (despite my feelings that the organization will be hesitant to crown 3 South Africans in 4 years, if Natasha kills it that won't matter)

Thank you for those words my dear, and I really wish Natasha does well.
The Duchess

Postby panchopolo » Fri May 14, 2021 2:31 pm

Thanks for sharing, Duchess. Your critiques and lists are something I check up on when I visit Missosology (and those visits have become very few). With the Miss Universe season now raging, I'm delighted to see and agree with your 2020 forecast. I see Mexico and Puerto Rico holding hands at the end--they exude the authority, genuineness, presence of an IMG woman. (Mexico got me with that video of her spinning and dribbling the basketball. This is one street-smart gal.)

This is why I don't see Canada up there-- she comes across to me as someone so needy of gaining a sense of belonging. (Her costume today gave me a "Put Up or Get Out" message--something I can't ever equate with the Canadian nation she represents.). She's gorgeous and commanding attention--but there's this nagging, unrelatable thing about her.

Where do you see Singapore and Nicaragua? Singapore is so modern and chic, and Nicaragua exudes such likable charm. I'd like to see how far they will go with the prelims.
panchopolo

Date of Birth: 20 Dec 2012
Profession: Croquis and Maquette Maker
Hobbies/Interests: Providing arcane information on need-to-know basis
Message: Post messages that matter for posts that don’t matter

Postby dabunique » Fri May 14, 2021 3:41 pm

Tramoya or NOT, Laura is placing

were we happy she won, no ma'am, not with Juliana, Carolina, & Barbie sittin right there
but nuttin we can do

and like i said previously da last Colombian Tramoya ended up winning Miss Universe in Doral

she's been bringing it since she landed

at least show u want da crown unlike DOA Miss USA

great review as always

[youtube]A7BOmQaEEcM[/youtube]
dabunique

Real Life Name/Nick: David
Date of Birth: 19 May 1977
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Hotel Accountant
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Music, movies, cooking, pageants, friends, laughin
Message: Life is like a runway, so u better walk over dem haterz

Postby Stoichio » Fri May 14, 2021 3:44 pm

dabunique wrote:Tramoya or NOT, Laura is placing

were we happy she won, no ma'am, not with Juliana, Carolina, & Barbie sittin right there
but nuttin we can do

and like i said previously da last Colombian Tramoya ended up winning Miss Universe in Doral

great review as always

She is Tramoya, and she will place.

Paulina is so far from Laura. :)>-

Stoichio

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 2011
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Number 1
Hobbies/Interests: Nature tripping

Postby The Duchess » Fri May 14, 2021 8:49 pm

Stoichio wrote:
dabunique wrote:Tramoya or NOT, Laura is placing

but nuttin we can do

great review as always

She is Tramoya, and she will place.

Paulina is so far from Laura. :)>-

I just heard someone on my facebook group saying that Laura is better than Paulina, Ariadna and Gabriel... I blocked the person =;))
The Duchess

Postby The Duchess » Fri May 14, 2021 9:54 pm

panchopolo wrote:Thanks for sharing, Duchess. Your critiques and lists are something I check up on when I visit Missosology (and those visits have become very few). With the Miss Universe season now raging, I'm delighted to see and agree with your 2020 forecast. I see Mexico and Puerto Rico holding hands at the end--they exude the authority, genuineness, presence of an IMG woman. (Mexico got me with that video of her spinning and dribbling the basketball. This is one street-smart gal.)

This is why I don't see Canada up there-- she comes across to me as someone so needy of gaining a sense of belonging. (Her costume today gave me a "Put Up or Get Out" message--something I can't ever equate with the Canadian nation she represents.). She's gorgeous and commanding attention--but there's this nagging, unrelatable thing about her.

Where do you see Singapore and Nicaragua? Singapore is so modern and chic, and Nicaragua exudes such likable charm. I'd like to see how far they will go with the prelims.

Nicaragua is one of my girls and since finding out continental placements are out, she is very much up on my list and I'm just waiting for the preliminary to solidify it. I'm keeping an eye on many smaller asian countries also.
The Duchess

Postby Geeyourhair » Sat May 15, 2021 1:39 am

Okay I have to take back what I said here before. After the Preliminary, and after seeing some of the candidates being interviewed...I can say now that the one to beat is Puerto Rico. I am still not a fan of her Auntiesh look but the girl is just so consistent and her presence can not be denied. Colombia might be there too because she is also doing good but I do not still see South Africa in the top 3.
Geeyourhair

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1995
Profession: Professional
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: social media

Postby The Duchess » Sat May 15, 2021 1:52 am

Geeyourhair wrote:Okay I have to take back what I said here before. After the Preliminary, and after seeing some of the candidates being interviewed...I can say now that the one to beat is Puerto Rico. I am still not a fan of her Auntiesh look but the girl is just so consistent and her presence can not be denied. Colombia might be there too because she is also doing good but I do not still see South Africa in the top 3.

You gotta trust me, Gee xD
The Duchess

Postby panchopolo » Sat May 15, 2021 6:20 am

Geeyourhair wrote:Okay I have to take back what I said here before. After the Preliminary, and after seeing some of the candidates being interviewed...I can say now that the one to beat is Puerto Rico. I am still not a fan of her Auntiesh look but the girl is just so consistent and her presence can not be denied. Colombia might be there too because she is also doing good but I do not still see South Africa in the top 3.

Totally agree with you on Puerto Rico. Right now, she's my winner. I'm not fazed about the idea of "Aunt Estefania", since the prelim show divulged the huge number of contestants who are above 26 years old. You and I differ on Colombia and South Africa, though.
panchopolo

Date of Birth: 20 Dec 2012
Profession: Croquis and Maquette Maker
Hobbies/Interests: Providing arcane information on need-to-know basis
Message: Post messages that matter for posts that don’t matter

Postby Oma-san » Sat May 15, 2021 8:07 am

It is interesting that the popular contestants most of whom were strong wore such unflattering gowns. And Nepal is not strong when it comes to performance. Colombia is not attractive. She shouldn't place. India also, after a strong SS wore a gown that didn't compliment her at all. Philippines was not confident. Philippines can't win with this half-Indian. She is no where near the league of the 6 legends of Binibining from the 2010s. A morena girl seems to have more drive and resilience a la Janine Tugonon. Puerto Rico was great and her gown lovely. If she wins, she will be a great advocate for Miss Universe to show young girls that you don't have to be facially beautiful to win Miss Universe. Her performance was great but there's no guarantee. That's it! She may win or may not. It all depends on the judges and MUO whether they'll see her.
Oma-san

Postby Oma-san » Sat May 15, 2021 8:10 am

It's not about Puerto Rico being an IMG girl but about choosing the right delegate. Past Miss Universe delegates from Puerto Rico have either been hyped (2015, 2014), fraudently pushed ahead in the game or just trashy with a rude attitude. So I think we shouldn't be talking about how she's fit for IMG but how she's such a decent candidate.
Oma-san

Postby Mizzyshay12 » Sat May 15, 2021 9:07 am

Oma-san wrote:It is interesting that the popular contestants most of whom were strong wore such unflattering gowns. And Nepal is not strong when it comes to performance. Colombia is not attractive. She shouldn't place. India also, after a strong SS wore a gown that didn't compliment her at all. Philippines was not confident. Philippines can't win with this half-Indian. She is no where near the league of the 6 legends of Binibining from the 2010s. A morena girl seems to have more drive and resilience a la Janine Tugonon. Puerto Rico was great and her gown lovely. If she wins, she will be a great advocate for Miss Universe to show young girls that you don't have to be facially beautiful to win Miss Universe. Her performance was great but there's no guarantee. That's it! She may win or may not. It all depends on the judges and MUO whether they'll see her.

P.R IS BEAUTIFUL, SHE HAS A CLASSIC LOOK. COLOMBIA IS BEAUTIFUL TOO, MANY PEOPLE D9NT LIKE HER BUT THAT GIRL WILL SHUT THE MOUTH OF HER HATERS. IVE BEEN SAYING IT DONT UNDERESTIMATE COLOMBIA, SHE WAS ONE OF THE BEST PERFORMERS IN TGE PRELIMS. I WONT BE SURPRISED IF SHE WINS. SHE HAS A GREAT PERSONALITY AND SHE IS VERY LIKEABLE TOO
PHILIPPINES
Mizzyshay12
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Profession: Model/ beauty queen
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Modeling

Postby terese23 » Sat May 15, 2021 12:17 pm

Amazing lists. I wonder how your list change after the prelims.
terese23

Profession: student
Hobbies/Interests: dancing

Postby Geeyourhair » Sat May 15, 2021 1:41 pm

I was not a fan of Puerto Rico before until these past few days. I can only describe her in one word--EFFORTLESS. When I heard her interview in Telemundo I knew right then that this is what IMG is looking for. Her demeanor is so natural, excellent english speaking skills that are full of substance plus she was so calm and so effortless. Then the prelims come and you see that her towering height, flawless pasarela, strong presence made up whatever lacking in the face department she has. Her overall stance...the way she carried that gown, the twirl. She was perfection on the stage. That's why I think she is the one to beat because everything is in her favor. The main broadcast network is Telemundo so they are banking for a Latina to prominently place at least in the top 3, plus there is Zuleyka judging. Nothing gonna stop Puerto Rico from going straight to the top 3/5. Only her answers in the final question in comparison with the other 4 that night will determine her fate.
Geeyourhair

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1995
Profession: Professional
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: social media

Postby Oma-san » Sat May 15, 2021 5:35 pm

Zuleyka was a bitch but I haven't seen any evidence of her politicising a competition unlike Stephanie Del Valle judging Miss World 2018 Beauty With A Purpose head to head competition. So I just hope she is a just judge. Or PR will once again ruin a strange and exciting year when they can make a lasting impression with a fantastic delegate.

I don't understand Telemundo's problem, a Latina has placed in the top 3 every year. They need to be patient after winning for so many years.
Oma-san

Postby Oma-san » Mon May 17, 2021 1:04 am

Not surprised Nepal is out. She was weak in motion. Glad South Africa is out. She was riding her country's sash and didn't come well-prepared. Who made her wear that horrendous evening gown? USA took Canada's spot. There were a few spots taken by undeserving girls. Indonesia, USA, Great Britain, Thailand and Colombia readily come to mind. But overall, this is a very good batch. And Philippines looked stunning but this year, an Indian girl will not win. So India, Philippines and Australia out. Australia was good but there were others more deserving of her placement.
Oma-san

Postby Oma-san » Mon May 17, 2021 1:07 am

Zuleyka's doctor is amazing. The mamacita is radiating with beauty. She has never been more beautiful and that touch of motherhood works in her favour. It is amazing what the revision rhinoplasty has achieved, correcting the earlier deformity while making her more beautiful at the same time.
Oma-san

Postby Oma-san » Mon May 17, 2021 2:41 am

The Top 3 is predictable. Mexico, Brazil and Peru. Brazil and Peru are incredibly real, raw and great at Q&A but beauty pageants require you to be poised even if it means you are fake. So I don't think they'll win. So that's why Mexico will probably win with Peru succeeding her as first runner up followed by Brazil.

Never knew India was weak in Q&A. Perhaps it was because of hearing all those great answers in the first Q&A round. By the final speech, she had dug the nail on her coffin.
Oma-san

Previous

Return to Miss Universe