Is Madison convincing MUO to crown her as Miss Universe?

Is Madison convincing MUO to crown her as Miss Universe?

Postby ajsy0203 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:46 am

It started with a Latin online news opinion piece about suggesting Madison Anderson should be appointed as Miss Universe at the height of lockdown (stay at home order) in the US. Some netizens are trying to push Madison as the new Miss Universe since they claimed that Zozi did "nothing" during the pandemic.

Right now:

From International Poll instagram:
The current Miss Universe Puerto Rico 2019 and the 1st runner up Miss Universe 2019, Madison Anderson Berríos (@madisonandersonberrios) told Metro that she felt prepared if the Miss Universe org. decided to crown her as the next international queen.

"Totally. Being a queen does not only last a year, I think it is a way of life. If I happen to be Miss Universe I feel more than prepared because I have dedicated my life to inspiring others and being a leader," she said.

She also said that: "Being Miss Universe is a position to be a leader and of course, I would love to take that position. Let's see ..."

What does it mean? Do you think Madison trying to convince MUO to dethrone Zozibini and appoint her as the new Miss Universe even if Zozibini did not violate any clause of the contract so far? Or she wants to be Miss Universe 2020 and cancel the 2020 pageant just like Miss World, Miss International & Miss Supranational as demanded by some pageant fans despite several countries have already chosen or appointed for the 2020 pageant?

Justine Pasek never "demanded" or "dreamed" of becoming Miss Universe 2002 after her loss to Oxana Fedorova but she was legitimately inherited the crown after the original winner resigned/dethroned. But what Madison said on the news online do you think she deserved to inherit the crown from Zozibini?

Last edited by ajsy0203 on Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
ajsy0203
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Office Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching

Re: Is Madison convincing MUO to crown her as Miss Universe?

Postby Mariana Erwin » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:53 am

I don't think Madison is convincing the MUO to give her the crown, but her fans are. This kind of demand is unfair and unjust as the 2020 candidates are already being determined at this point, including Miss USA (which will be held on the 9th of November). The thing is, even if Madison was crowned Miss Universe, and this still happened, it would be the same thing all over again. If there weren't any crazy thing going on, they would still hail Madison just because of the MUO's lack of travel plans for their titleholders. Right now, the MUO must prioritize Zozi's safety and the only public appearance that I expect her to do is when she assists Cheslie and Kaliegh in crowning their successors.
No more bashers in 2022, please.

Also, watch Dani Walker's video to know more on how bashers can kill with their words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbYUDqSC1UM
Mariana Erwin
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Date of Birth: 05 Apr 1988
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: ***********
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry
Message: Hello and welcome! Commenting on things in pageantry and critical of pageant issues.

Postby Elyerno Zabagguri » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:07 am

actually I'm in favor of Madison to be appointed and crowned as Miss Universe 2020. Cost efficient for the org, and to get Latin America's attention again.
Elyerno Zabagguri
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.

Real Life Name/Nick: Superstar Elyerno
Date of Birth: 02 Sep 1988
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Writer, Producer, Talent Manager
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty Pageants, Showbiz

Postby ajsy0203 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:49 am

Elyerno Zabagguri wrote:actually I'm in favor of Madison to be appointed and crowned as Miss Universe 2020. Cost efficient for the org, and to get Latin America's attention again.

This is where the problem is, the 2020 candidates for Miss Universe are started to fill up and the ND must submit their potential delegates before the end of the year. Unless your title will be post-dated year like Miss America?
ajsy0203

Postby Mariana Erwin » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:57 am

Elyerno Zabagguri wrote:actually I'm in favor of Madison to be appointed and crowned as Miss Universe 2020. Cost efficient for the org, and to get Latin America's attention again.
I know some people are suggesting this but I do believe that it would be already unfair for all the delegates that are competing in nationals, especially for Miss USA. It would be unfair for the 51 Miss USA candidates to have their winner as a non-competing queen all because of Madison, or if she does compete in ''2021'', the winner of Miss USA 2021 would be left competing out of nowhere. The best thing for the MUO to do is to hold the pageant as early as they can, even if this means that the reigns of the girls will be shorter - and for these winners, the MUO can still keep them working under the ''once a queen, always a queen'' principle.

Also, watch Dani Walker's video to know more on how bashers can kill with their words.

Mariana Erwin

Message: Hello and welcome! Commenting on things in pageantry and critical of pageant issues.

Postby radagasdas » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:48 pm

Stop being too ambitious, be grateful for what you are now. [-X [-X [-X
radagasdas
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: Joey
Date of Birth: 29 Mar 1976
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Administrative Aide VI
Hobbies/Interests: bowling, marathon, badminton

Postby Angela » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:21 pm

This is so stupid. Even if Madison replaces Zozibini, who's to say that she can be more "effective" than Zozibini especially when the pandemic hasn't been erased completely? Madison will just copy what Zozibini has been told to do - to stay in her apartment and do silly videos.
Angela

Real Life Name/Nick: Angela
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: Graphics Designer
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: dancing, pageants, reading, surfing Internet

Postby Iknowbeauty » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:58 pm

This is inconceivable. The people can "convince" all they want, they just sound desperate, but if IMG were to do this they would lose respect in so many people's eyes. I know we're in strange times, but it would be totally unfair to appoint someone after the fact that they have given a go ahead to various national pageants to appoint a girl or conduct a search for their 2020 representative. Not to mention how unfair it would be to Zozibini to ask her to give her crown to her 1st runner up when she hasn't asked to step down or been disqualified to justify asking her to do something like that. The people that want this don't like Zozibini and didn't want her to win in the first place, so doing it will just mean her bashers win and I don't think Miss Universe would do something so disrespectful to her.
Iknowbeauty
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 15 Oct 2015
Profession: student
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Postby wigglytooth21 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:35 am

Is this a serious question? The question raised to Madison was a hypothetical one to which she answered gracefully. I doubt any beauty queen would answer she is not ready to handle responsibilities. No need to overthink and put much emphasis on dethroning a current titleholder by mere outcry of fans. I find this "issue" ridiculous.
wigglytooth21
PREDICTIONISTS are known to give sharp & accurate pageant forecasts.
PREDICTIONISTS are known to give sharp & accurate pageant forecasts.

Date of Birth: 21 Jun 1983
Profession: Business
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Pig
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing the net

Postby Mariana Erwin » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:30 am

Iknowbeauty wrote:This is inconceivable. The people can "convince" all they want, they just sound desperate, but if IMG were to do this they would lose respect in so many people's eyes. I know we're in strange times, but it would be totally unfair to appoint someone after the fact that they have given a go ahead to various national pageants to appoint a girl or conduct a search for their 2020 representative. Not to mention how unfair it would be to Zozibini to ask her to give her crown to her 1st runner up when she hasn't asked to step down or been disqualified to justify asking her to do something like that. The people that want this don't like Zozibini and didn't want her to win in the first place, so doing it will just mean her bashers win and I don't think Miss Universe would do something so disrespectful to her.
Exactly. I believe these are just the racist haters of Zozi, to be honest. If they do not want a woman from Africa or Asia to win, they should just stop. Being racist won't bring them anywhere and it is unfair not just for the 2020 delegates, but for Zozi as well. Considering that Miss USA and Miss Teen USA have now been scheduled for November 9, its a sign that the Miss Universe Organization will make Zozi more of an inspiring figure than just put Madison in it.

Mariana Erwin

Postby sunkissedkim » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:40 am

NOPE SHE ZOZI ALREADY PULVERIZED HER CHANCE TO BE A MISS UNIVERSE. DEAL WITH IT
sunkissedkim
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Kim
Date of Birth: 26 Jul 1991
Profession: RN
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Goat
Hobbies/Interests: Reading and surfing

Postby ajsy0203 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:42 am

wigglytooth21 wrote:Is this a serious question? The question raised to Madison was a hypothetical one to which she answered gracefully. I doubt any beauty queen would answer she is not ready to handle responsibilities. No need to overthink and put much emphasis on dethroning a current titleholder by mere outcry of fans. I find this "issue" ridiculous.

Blame on the Latino/Latina opinion writer last June when he/she suggested that Madison should be appointed as "Miss Universe 2020", then people are started to discuss about it, some of them agreed but some of them disagreed including Miss SA creative director Werner Wessels. Forumer The Duchess said: "People are taking a famous gossip (opinion) here as fact just so they can bring negativity to Madison, and cause tension."

One example: (last June 2020 before the latest interview of the outgoing Miss Universe Puerto Rico 2019 Madison Anderson)

Of course some netizens were not happy about Zozi's reign as Miss Universe, also they forgot that the 69th Miss Universe is not yet cancelled because they are still accepting 2020 delegates unlike other cancelled pageants which they need to accept both supposed 2020 and future 2021 delegates. Since they already did the move to the following year two times.
Last edited by ajsy0203 on Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ajsy0203

Postby ajsy0203 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:48 am

This is an opinion piece last June 2020 from Sashes&Scripts:
One of the rumors floating in Latin pages is the possibility of MU19 1st runner up Madison Anderson being elevated to the Miss Universe 2020 title.
IMHO that would be a great idea specially with the Covid-19 pandemic still a huge issue affecting the United States and the rest of the world. It is likely that the pandemic will still grip the world for the rest of the year and appointing last year's runner up to the Miss Universe title would be a great way to pass on the crown. Madison would be a great Miss Universe as a follow up to Zozi.
We believe though that not all pageant fans are onboard with this idea. Afterall we all want a magnificent show, but in the event that live events are still prohibited to take place this is a better alternative than to skip a year. Unless pageants fans would rally behind the idea of Zozibini's reign be extended for another year.

For us, passing the crown to Madison for 2020 would be a great way of not breaking the chain of yearly succession. But then again, that is just our opinion. What do you think about this? .

But as more countries lifted the lock down (stay at home order), it became meaningless to appoint Madison as "Miss Universe 2020" since some countries are started to crown or appoint their 2020 delegates, especially Miss USA 2020 will be held this November. The winner of 69th Miss Universe will still be named as Miss Universe 2020 just like the past 2 editions unless MUO and IMG will start to put the year post-dated ala Miss America?
ajsy0203

Postby rockondude » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:31 pm

As the only Puerto Rican in this forum. I would like to say that everyone is taking that media outlet to seriously. Is not True they are gossip newspaper.
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.
rockondude
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: julian
Date of Birth: 15 Aug 1985
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Hobbies/Interests: i like to go to the gym
Message: There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.

Postby ajsy0203 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:31 pm

rockondude wrote:As the only Puerto Rican in this forum. I would like to say that everyone is taking that media outlet to seriously. Is not True they are gossip newspaper.

The first one posted last June was a opinion/gossip piece that Zozi's detractors took the advantage of discrediting Zozi and wanted to cancel Miss Universe in order to appoint Madison as "Miss Universe 2020" just like at Mr. Gay World. The latest was the interview of Madison as outgoing Miss Universe Puerto Rico, it felt that she was "desperately " wanted to took the Miss Universe title over Zozibini.
ajsy0203

Postby The Duchess » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:04 am

ajsy0203 wrote:[font=Arial]
wigglytooth21 wrote:Is this a serious question? The question raised to Madison was a hypothetical one to which she answered gracefully. I doubt any beauty queen would answer she is not ready to handle responsibilities. No need to overthink and put much emphasis on dethroning a current titleholder by mere outcry of fans. I find this "issue" ridiculous.
[color=#000099][size=150]

Forumer The Duchess said: "People are taking a famous gossip (opinion) here as fact just so they can bring negativity to Madison, and cause tension."

Yet you create a post which is titled "Is Madison convincing MUO to crown her as Miss Universe?

This only brings negativity to Madison too :-@[/size][/color][/font]
The Duchess
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 01 Sep 1995
Profession: Costume Design
Hobbies/Interests: Arts, Music, Literature

Postby ajsy0203 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:44 am

The Duchess wrote:

Forumer The Duchess said: "People are taking a famous gossip (opinion) here as fact just so they can bring negativity to Madison, and cause tension."

Yet you create a post which is titled "Is Madison convincing MUO to crown her as Miss Universe?

I put a question mark because I felt her statement on the interview was threw a shade against Zozibini's reign as Miss Universe during the pandemic. Also few days after it posted on international poll instagram they shut off the comment section after it received negative reaction by some. The writer on the June 2020 probably think that Miss Universe 2020 might be cancelled just like other international pageants and suggesting Madison should be crowned as "Miss Universe 2020" might be a "good idea" for the gossip writer. But most of the countries already lifted their lockdown and resumed the national selection for Miss Universe 2020. Unfortunately most of the netizens were not appreciated Zozibini's reign as Miss Universe.
ajsy0203

Postby The Duchess » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:40 am

ajsy0203 wrote:
The Duchess wrote:

I put a question mark because I felt her statement on the interview was threw a shade against Zozibini's reign as Miss Universe during the pandemic. Also few days after it posted on international poll instagram they shut off the comment section after it received negative reaction by some. The writer on the June 2020 probably think that Miss Universe 2020 might be cancelled just like other international pageants and suggesting Madison should be crowned as "Miss Universe 2020" might be a "good idea" for the gossip writer. But most of the countries already lifted their lockdown and resumed the national selection for Miss Universe 2020. Unfortunately most of the netizens were not appreciated Zozibini's reign as Miss Universe.

I would love to see what exactly in her answer to a hypotetical question she keeps getting asked was shady? Was she supposed to say she was a bad choice? That she didn't want the crown? She can't ignore the question forever, we are in the beggining of a pandemic. The US has over 200K in less than a year from this virus, and fall is supposed to get worse. We are not crazy for thinking that Miss Universe 2020 will probably wont be happening yet. And yes, crowning Madison could be an option. There's nothing wrong in people pointing that out. Madison doesn't even have to convince the MUO of her qualifications, she did enough to prove it during her participation and reign. She just said she is ready in case they need her, there's no shade there :-@
The Duchess

Date of Birth: 01 Sep 1995
Profession: Costume Design
Hobbies/Interests: Arts, Music, Literature

Postby rockondude » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:14 pm

ajsy0203 wrote:
The Duchess wrote:

Why are you always creating drama where there non. Madison is doing fine she is love and embrace by Puerto Ricans and latin people in the Island and around the world.
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.
rockondude

Real Life Name/Nick: julian
Date of Birth: 15 Aug 1985
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Hobbies/Interests: i like to go to the gym
Message: There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.

Postby Mariana Erwin » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:22 am

The Duchess wrote:
ajsy0203 wrote:
The Duchess wrote:

I would love to see what exactly in her answer to a hypotetical question she keeps getting asked was shady? Was she supposed to say she was a bad choice? That she didn't want the crown? She can't ignore the question forever, we are in the beggining of a pandemic. The US has over 200K in less than a year from this virus, and fall is supposed to get worse. We are not crazy for thinking that Miss Universe 2020 will probably wont be happening yet. And yes, crowning Madison could be an option. There's nothing wrong in people pointing that out. Madison doesn't even have to convince the MUO of her qualifications, she did enough to prove it during her participation and reign. She just said she is ready in case they need her, there's no shade there :-@
I don’t think Madison is the problem, but it’s more of the fans who do not like Zozibini. If these racist fans leave Zozibini alone, this question won’t be much amplified. Even if Madison was crowned Miss Universe, and this situation happened, she would still do the same.

In the case of the MUO, I think they are more geared to have Miss Universe 2020 be crowned the usual way (even with sanitary precautions), even if it can mean that she will be the shortest-reigning Miss Universe in history (especially if she is crowned within the first half of 2021). For whoever will be crowned Miss Universe 2020, the MUO should simply make her work a la Pia post-reign so she could still enjoy her reign even if it is over.

Mariana Erwin

Return to Miss Universe