I hope Crystle brings back the glamour of Miss USA ala Miss USA 2011 to 2014

TEAM PHILIPPINES 2024
UNIVERSE: -
WORLD: GWEN FOURNIOL
EARTH: -
INTERNATIONAL: ANGELICA LOPEZ
SUPRANATIONAL: ALETHEA AMBROSIO
Jaishee
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: Jaishee
Date of Birth: 08 Mar 1998
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Physiotherapy Graduate
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Re: ROAD TO MISS USA 2021 // NEW OWNERSHIP

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:26 pm

MISS LOUISIANA USA 2021 CONTESTANTS ARE UP

https://www.misslouisianausa.com/contestants-miss/

I instantly went searching for my girl Avery Greene and she's not competing :%(( , don't know if it's pandemic-related or she aged out but I'm sad regardless. Anyways, the batch here is small, which I guess is to be expected since Louisiana in particular has been hit hard by COVID. There are only 26 girls competing, and I feel like often with Louisiana there is double that, being a Deep South state where pageant culture is strong. Three of 2020's runners-up are returning: Jordyn McKey (1RU), Josie Stephens (2RU), and Emily Randon (4RU), so even though the batch is small it's not gonna be one girl steamrolling the rest or a wide open contest for newcomers. Other 2020 returnees include Alyssa Bradley (T10), Tanya Crowe (T10), Sylvia Masters (T10), and Morgan Breaux (T16). Some other notable contestants include Krista Toussant (3-time semifinalist) and Chloe Burkett (3-time semifinalist). The rest of the contestants seem to be either newcomers, past non-placers, or Teens making their Miss division debuts. Some of the other girls I find to be promising include Hannah Fontenot, Caroline Colvin, McKenna Greene, EmmaKate Few, and Kaitlyn Matherne.

Jordyn McKey:

Josie Stephens:

Emily Randon:

Tanya Crowe:

Sylvia Masters:

Chloe Burkett

Hannah Fontenot:

Caroline Colvin

EmmaKate Few:

Kaitlyn Matherne:
Queen of the Clouds
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 18 Mar 1996
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Lawyer
Hobbies/Interests: Fashion, music, film, politics, and parties

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:01 am

Queen of the Clouds wrote:MISS LOUISIANA USA 2021 CONTESTANTS ARE UP

https://www.misslouisianausa.com/contestants-miss/

I instantly went searching for my girl Avery Greene and she's not competing :%(( , don't know if it's pandemic-related or she aged out but I'm sad regardless. Anyways, the batch here is small, which I guess is to be expected since Louisiana in particular has been hit hard by COVID. There are only 26 girls competing, and I feel like often with Louisiana there is double that, being a Deep South state where pageant culture is strong. Three of 2020's runners-up are returning: Jordyn McKey (1RU), Josie Stephens (2RU), and Emily Randon (4RU), so even though the batch is small it's not gonna be one girl steamrolling the rest or a wide open contest for newcomers. Other 2020 returnees include Alyssa Bradley (T10), Tanya Crowe (T10), Sylvia Masters (T10), and Morgan Breaux (T16). Some other notable contestants include Krista Toussant (3-time semifinalist) and Chloe Burkett (3-time semifinalist). The rest of the contestants seem to be either newcomers, past non-placers, or Teens making their Miss division debuts. Some of the other girls I find to be promising include Hannah Fontenot, Caroline Colvin, McKenna Greene, EmmaKate Few, and Kaitlyn Matherne.

Jordyn McKey:

Josie Stephens:

Emily Randon:

Tanya Crowe:

Sylvia Masters:

Chloe Burkett

Hannah Fontenot:

Caroline Colvin

EmmaKate Few:

Kaitlyn Matherne:

Standouts for me are Kristal Breaux, Krista Toussant, Haley McCaslin, Sylvia Masters, and Jordyn McKey

This is a great batch, I tried to keep my list to 5 but there are so many I have my eye on.
itsrowdy801
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Rowdy
Date of Birth: 21 Aug 1994
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Customer Service @ Travel Startup
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants, Comedy, Politics

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:11 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:
Standouts for me are Kristal Breaux, Krista Toussant, Haley McCaslin, Sylvia Masters, and Jordyn McKey

This is a great batch, I tried to keep my list to 5 but there are so many I have my eye on.

I agree!! Such a strong batch, I'm super excited. A lot of these girls would make great titleholders.
Queen of the Clouds

Re: ROAD TO MISS USA 2021 // LOUISIANA CONTESTANTS ARE UP

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:12 pm

Now that I'm thinking, I'm wondering if Crystle wants to relocate Miss USA to LA to get her more involved in Hollywood as an actress/host/etc. The fashion industry is in NYC but the only modeling titleholders have done is in Fadil shoots and on Sherri Hill runways, so clearly that wasn't working. As much as I dislike LA as a city, maybe this is a good choice in order to increase the role of the titleholders and actually find them work.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby itsrowdy801 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:54 am

Queen of the Clouds wrote:Now that I'm thinking, I'm wondering if Crystle wants to relocate Miss USA to LA to get her more involved in Hollywood as an actress/host/etc. The fashion industry is in NYC but the only modeling titleholders have done is in Fadil shoots and on Sherri Hill runways, so clearly that wasn't working. As much as I dislike LA as a city, maybe this is a good choice in order to increase the role of the titleholders and actually find them work.

Yeah I think that's really the biggest upside to LA, and also possibly indicative of what Crystle wants to do with the brand - having the intention of returning it to the era of titleholders going on to have some level of celebrity status. I think that could be a very good thing - the average American these days probably couldn't name a single former Miss USA except maybe Olivia Culpo (and, of course, she won Miss Universe which is why she's so well-known) and I think it could be nice to work to help boost their titleholders to celebrity status, but I'd also worry that if they base their picks off of who has the most "star power", they might sacrifice looking at who has a compelling story or impressive career, and I like that aspect of modern pageantry. I think it's important to maintain a good balance.
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:58 pm

Hawaii :hx

When this girl is on she is ON, one of the best titleholders since Chelsea Hardin
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:03 pm

Former Miss Rhode Island Teen USA 2015 Mary Malloy announces that she will be competing in Miss California USA this year!!

Rhode Island is not a very hard title to win so part of me wishes she would just try to win her home state's title, but good luck to her in California. CA always has a strong batch so not sure if she'll end up as a frontrunner.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Thomas876 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:55 pm

Queen of the Clouds wrote:Former Miss Rhode Island Teen USA 2015 Mary Malloy announces that she will be competing in Miss California USA this year!!

Rhode Island is not a very hard title to win so part of me wishes she would just try to win her home state's title, but good luck to her in California. CA always has a strong batch so not sure if she'll end up as a frontrunner.

Very pretty! She reminds me of an old friend! I'm just not a fan of her hairstyle.
TOP 5 for Miss Universe 2024 :

1. France 2. Mongolia 3. Kazakhstan
4. Venezuela 5. Kyrgyzstan

TEAM FRANCE 2023
Thomas876

Real Life Name/Nick: Thomas.
Date of Birth: 26 Aug 1995
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Something.
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Pig
Hobbies/Interests: Lots of things.

Postby itsrowdy801 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:32 am

Queen of the Clouds wrote:Former Miss Rhode Island Teen USA 2015 Mary Malloy announces that she will be competing in Miss California USA this year!!

I mean, it definitely makes some level of sense if she lives in California now. If someone wants to compete away from where they live, they'd probably be better off doing it in a state near where they live. If you're based in Cali and a titleholder in Rhode Island, it would take ages to travel to every appearance they have set up for you. I think that's why you see so many Californians in states like New Mexico, Nevada, and Utah, because it's a quick flight and one could easily do several titleholder appearances in the state they represent.

On a related note, I wonder if Crystle's policies on state-hopping will change, and if she'll tighten up some of the restrictions that IMG has loosened like shortening residency to 3 months and allowing contestants to compete in two states a year.
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:24 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:

I mean, it definitely makes some level of sense if she lives in California now. If someone wants to compete away from where they live, they'd probably be better off doing it in a state near where they live. If you're based in Cali and a titleholder in Rhode Island, it would take ages to travel to every appearance they have set up for you. I think that's why you see so many Californians in states like New Mexico, Nevada, and Utah, because it's a quick flight and one could easily do several titleholder appearances in the state they represent.

On a related note, I wonder if Crystle's policies on state-hopping will change, and if she'll tighten up some of the restrictions that IMG has loosened like shortening residency to 3 months and allowing contestants to compete in two states a year.

Still, many girls living in California have gone on to represent their home states when California became too hard to win in. Think like Olivia Jordan, Alyssa Klinzing, Nana Meriwether, it is not a crazy concept. I remember Merissa Underwood made almost all of her appearances in California even though she was the Montana titleholder because she didn't really live there, it's possible and they don't need to make their appearances in their home state.

I do hope Crystle makes an effort to tighten residency restrictions though. I've heard the reasonings people have given in favor of loosening restrictions and I don't buy any of it. "We're all Americans just competing for Miss USA" yeah sure, but we're also all residents of this universe who want to compete for Miss Universe and you don't see Venezuelans jumping to Japan to win a title. And if we were all "just Americans" then we wouldn't have 51 competitors from all the different diverse states, we would just have a casting process where the best however many girls go on to compete, like in South Africa.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby itsrowdy801 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:36 am

Queen of the Clouds wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:

Still, many girls living in California have gone on to represent their home states when California became too hard to win in. Think like Olivia Jordan, Alyssa Klinzing, Nana Meriwether, it is not a crazy concept. I remember Merissa Underwood made almost all of her appearances in California even though she was the Montana titleholder because she didn't really live there, it's possible and they don't need to make their appearances in their home state.

I do hope Crystle makes an effort to tighten residency restrictions though. I've heard the reasonings people have given in favor of loosening restrictions and I don't buy any of it. "We're all Americans just competing for Miss USA" yeah sure, but we're also all residents of this universe who want to compete for Miss Universe and you don't see Venezuelans jumping to Japan to win a title. And if we were all "just Americans" then we wouldn't have 51 competitors from all the different diverse states, we would just have a casting process where the best however many girls go on to compete, like in South Africa.

I think that's a good point, and I disagree with someone using some distant relative's address to compete in an easy-to-win state (although they're not breaking any rules, and as long as those rules continue to allow it I support their decision to do what they can to achieve their dream of a state title). Selfishly I've been known to give contestants I really like a pass for doing so (like Taelyr Robinson) but criticized it when that happened in my own homestate (I wasn't fond of Amanda Giroux at first because she has no discernable connection to Utah, especially because most of the Top 5 that year were all state hoppers, but I grew to like her) and I know that's hypocritical lol. I also think it's important to not make it so strict it becomes prohibitive to women who have legitimate ties to the state they want to compete in. I know that I've lived in three states in my adult life, and I think that's a relatively common situation for young people who are highly mobile and free to move around a lot. I also don't have a problem with a college student competing in both her homestate and the state she attends school for instance, even if it is all in one year. I'll never be the type to insist that every titleholder needs to be born and raised in the state they represent, but making sure they have legitimate ties would be a good idea.
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:26 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:

I think that's a good point, and I disagree with someone using some distant relative's address to compete in an easy-to-win state (although they're not breaking any rules, and as long as those rules continue to allow it I support their decision to do what they can to achieve their dream of a state title). Selfishly I've been known to give contestants I really like a pass for doing so (like Taelyr Robinson) but criticized it when that happened in my own homestate (I wasn't fond of Amanda Giroux at first because she has no discernable connection to Utah, especially because most of the Top 5 that year were all state hoppers, but I grew to like her) and I know that's hypocritical lol. I also think it's important to not make it so strict it becomes prohibitive to women who have legitimate ties to the state they want to compete in. I know that I've lived in three states in my adult life, and I think that's a relatively common situation for young people who are highly mobile and free to move around a lot. I also don't have a problem with a college student competing in both her homestate and the state she attends school for instance, even if it is all in one year. I'll never be the type to insist that every titleholder needs to be born and raised in the state they represent, but making sure they have legitimate ties would be a good idea.

I don't have anything against girls who legitimately move to a state and compete there; while I would always like born and raised girls to represent their states as they don't have any others to go to and the girls who came from elsewhere do, I understand why someone would want to do it and don't have anything against it. My issue is generally the same as yours: when girls are competing in states they have no connection to through some magical loopholes in the rules. I don't f**k with that and I don't like it, and no matter how much I like a girl I'm gonna end up rooting against her to win the state title especially when the other frontrunners are homegrown girls. If she does end up winning and gets to Miss USA, so be it, and I'll support her if I think she deserves it, but I'll never root for a girl in a state pageant who shouldn't actually be competing in that state.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:25 pm

It's official!! Crystle started a media tour announcing herself as the new national director for Miss USA and Miss Teen USA. I think everybody should be enthusiastic about what she said in her interviews.

⁣"I’m so thrilled, and I’m so excited for the new things and the new ideas that I want to bring to the Miss USA pageant system,"

"Miss USA will be pageantry re-imagined."

"I want each and every young woman that crosses a Miss USA state, local or national stage to have that same experience, and that comes with building that foundation through that standardization and consistency,"

"We can’t forget all the glitz and glam. The trendiness, the glamour, all of that will be heightened times 10!"
Queen of the Clouds

Re: ROAD TO MISS USA 2021 // CRYSTLE STEWART IS NAT. DIRECTO

Postby keyss » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:04 pm

Sounds good to me! :=p
If Miss USA's are going to place every single year without fail I'd like them to be at least actual beauty queens. Undeniably so!
keyss
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 29 Aug 1987
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: self employed
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: beauty

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:15 am

Queen of the Clouds

Postby ajsy0203 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:04 am

Texas might finally win Miss USA under Crystle?
ajsy0203
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Office Staff
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching

Postby itsrowdy801 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:07 am

I'm really really excited for the Crystle era! I hope it's as amazing as she promises, I can't wait
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:56 pm

Some confirmed Georgia contestants

Christell Foote (Semifinalist 2020; apparently I have some mutual friends with her lol):

Aja Murray:

Cora Lynn Griffen (4RU 2020):

Alix Troupe (Semifinalist 2020):

Bridget Robinson:

Torianna Wilson:

Olivia Wamack (2RU 2020; 3RU 2019; frontrunner alert):

Morgan Mullis tagged Greenwood Productions (the Georgia state director) on this post but I don't believe she tagged Miss Georgia USA or anything so not sure if that means she's competing or not. She was 1RU in 2020, and would be a major frontrunner.

Queen of the Clouds

Postby missfinlandia » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:44 pm

Queen of the Clouds wrote:Some confirmed Georgia contestants

Christell Foote (Semifinalist 2020; apparently I have some mutual friends with her lol):

Christell is really tall, she has a top model frame and face. She was 3rd runner up in Miss Tennessee Teen USA before moving to Georgia and placing as 1st runner up in Georgia Teen USA. After that she competed following year in Miss level and placed as semi-finalist despite being 19/20 yrs old. I think she is a major front runner being now a year older and more mature.
missfinlandia

Real Life Name/Nick: MissSuomi
Date of Birth: 29 Nov 1913
Profession: This and that
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Hobbies/Interests: Shopping

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:26 am

Hanna Berryhill (she's being trained by Chelsea Hardin) is also a confirmed contestant for Miss Georgia USA 2020

Some other girls I want to see competing:

Shanria Price (3RU 2020):

Bentley Wright (Miss Georgia Teen USA 2016; top fifteen at Miss Teen USA)

Safia Moussa (1RU 2018; semifinalist 2019; non-finalist New York USA 2019)

Courtney Nichols (4RU 2019; semifinalist 2020; she just got engaged so she may be retiring)
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:29 am

My two biggest wishes for Alaska:

Mickee McGuire (2RU 2020):

Tana Bartels (4RU 2020; Miss Alaska Teen USA 2017)

I don't believe any girls have announced that they're competing yet
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:42 pm

I'm expecting Nebraska to be a battle of the Miss Nebraska Teen USAs

Erika Etzelmiller (1RU 2020; Miss Nebraska Teen USA 2016):

Samantha Washington (2RU 2020; 2RU 2019; Miss Nebraska Teen USA 2017):

Also hoping that Mimi Wood (3RU 2020) decides to return! She was a pageant newcomer who impressed me a lot!!

None of the girls have confirmed their participation yet, but I'm fairly sure Erika will compete as she just posted new headshots. Samantha I'm not so sure of as her Instagram says she's located in Miami now (could just be vacation but I really hope she isn't vacationing in a pandemic). Nebraska contestants should be published in the next few weeks as they use the Warriors for Ross charity to host their people's choice competition and they've always published the contestants on there decently early.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:45 pm

Bree Coffey (1RU 2018; succeeded Sarah to become Miss Nebraska USA 2018; semifinalist 2020) is the reigning Miss Nation of States 2020. Not sure if being a minor national titleholder means she won't compete for Miss Nebraska USA again this year, but maybe.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:46 pm

Another confirmed Georgia contestant Grayson Hodgkiss
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:35 pm

Hawaii:

Idaho:

Montana:

Queen of the Clouds

Postby itsrowdy801 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:12 am

Have any of y'all heard any news about whether more states are going to charge a crazy amount of money for streaming this year like Idaho and Montana did? Obviously the other PageantsNW states will probably charge $40 too, but I really hope most of them keep it to $20.
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:37 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:Have any of y'all heard any news about whether more states are going to charge a crazy amount of money for streaming this year like Idaho and Montana did? Obviously the other PageantsNW states will probably charge $40 too, but I really hope most of them keep it to $20.

The RPM states are streaming through pageantslive.com which is a monthly subscription service that charges $32.99 a month for all the pageants that it streams live. I believe Greenwood states, Crystal states, Texas, and California/Florida also work with them, but not sure if that means the stream is exclusive to the site or not. I'm considering whether to subscribe, I guess it depends on how much you actually plan on watching.

I tried checking the states happening soon that don't belong to any of those previously mentioned (Alaska, Connecticut, and Nebraska [Vanbros]) and none of them have any livestream information up yet.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby missfinlandia » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:24 pm

Another former Teen titleholder competing. She was Miss Illinois Teen USA 2013.
missfinlandia

Real Life Name/Nick: MissSuomi
Date of Birth: 29 Nov 1913
Profession: This and that
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Hobbies/Interests: Shopping

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:34 pm

missfinlandia wrote:

Another former Teen titleholder competing. She was Miss Illinois Teen USA 2013.

Interesting. 2013 was before I was paying attention to Teen so I didn't recognize her. She could be a frontrunner then.
Queen of the Clouds

PreviousNext

Return to Miss Universe