ROAD TO MISS USA 2021 // KENTUCKY IS MISS USA 2021

Re: ROAD TO MISS USA 2021 // PRE-ARRIVALS FAVORITES POLL PG.

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:34 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:
Queen of the Clouds wrote:
Jonathan Nguyen wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
Jonathan Nguyen wrote:The Cancun trip is over and now we have to wait for 2 months 8->

Also, the Cancun trip is over and we still don't know the plan for Miss Universe. I don't know why, but I was really expecting an announcement in Cancun because that's when I feel they should have announced it at the latest.

At a certain point, I'm going to take their silence as an answer, but I'm not sure when.

I believe they already had a plan. At this point, i think moving the pageant to an earlier date is no longer an option. There are two options left: either appointing a representative (99.99% it’s gonna be Kim Layne) or rushing the 2021 winner to Israel right after the crowning. The first option seems more realistic but the second option is not impossible because we don’t know the exact official date of Miss Universe 2021 yet. It could be a later date in December.

1. If Miss Universe 2021 ends up being in late December, I'll believe that they're rushing the winner to Israel to compete with barely any training or preparation.

2. If Miss Universe 2021 is at the current rumored date (Dec 12th) or a week back (Dec 19th), then I have no idea how Miss USA 2021 would compete because according to the media reports the pageant will start three weeks before that date and Miss USA will not be crowned in time for registration. An appointment would have to happen or there'd be just no American representative.

3. If Miss Universe 2021 is held at the current rumored date or a week back, BUT the pre-pageant activities are canceled or severely limited, then maybe Miss USA 2021 would have time to get there before it's too late. I've heard that the situation in Israel is getting worse, and it appears like Andrea's trip to Israel that was planned for August never ended up happening, so I wouldn't be shocked if our three week Miss Universe turns into a one week Miss Universe.

I think these are the three options, two and three seem more likely than one to me, and two would require a replacement while three wouldn't. We'll see what happens.

I'm not totally convinced that it's impossible to send the next Miss USA to Miss Universe. If it's a) on December 19th and b) the pageant is just short of three weeks, I can see it happening. If she departs from Tulsa on the morning of the 30th, she'd land in Tel Aviv on the morning of the 1st and be in Eilat by early afternoon. I can see them referring to a 19-day pageant as "three weeks" rounding up to the nearest week.

My main question regarding this is how much leeway will MUO give Miss USA? Of course they're now separate organizations, but a) they're a powerhouse, and b) MUO is still headquartered in the United States and staffed mostly by Americans, so they could possibly cut Miss USA some slack, and make the schedule with them in mind, or allow Miss USA to show up a day or two late for registration. Yeah, they didn't let Sierra Leone do it, but Sierra Leone isn't a very successful country at Miss Universe and likely doesn't pay MUO the big bucks in franchise fees.

Several countries have already pulled out of Miss Universe, due to the pandemic and the controversy surrounding host country, I don't know how keen MUO will be on shooing more delegates away.

If the MUO accepted a late American delegate after disqualifying Sierra Leone for coming late I'd lose all respect for them so I hope that never happens.

Queen of the Clouds
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 18 Mar 1996
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Lawyer
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Hobbies/Interests: Fashion, music, film, politics, and parties

Postby itsrowdy801 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:42 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:
Jonathan Nguyen wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
Jonathan Nguyen wrote:The Cancun trip is over and now we have to wait for 2 months 8->

Also, the Cancun trip is over and we still don't know the plan for Miss Universe. I don't know why, but I was really expecting an announcement in Cancun because that's when I feel they should have announced it at the latest.

At a certain point, I'm going to take their silence as an answer, but I'm not sure when.

I believe they already had a plan. At this point, i think moving the pageant to an earlier date is no longer an option. There are two options left: either appointing a representative (99.99% it’s gonna be Kim Layne) or rushing the 2021 winner to Israel right after the crowning. The first option seems more realistic but the second option is not impossible because we don’t know the exact official date of Miss Universe 2021 yet. It could be a later date in December.

1. If Miss Universe 2021 ends up being in late December, I'll believe that they're rushing the winner to Israel to compete with barely any training or preparation.

2. If Miss Universe 2021 is at the current rumored date (Dec 12th) or a week back (Dec 19th), then I have no idea how Miss USA 2021 would compete because according to the media reports the pageant will start three weeks before that date and Miss USA will not be crowned in time for registration. An appointment would have to happen or there'd be just no American representative.

3. If Miss Universe 2021 is held at the current rumored date or a week back, BUT the pre-pageant activities are canceled or severely limited, then maybe Miss USA 2021 would have time to get there before it's too late. I've heard that the situation in Israel is getting worse, and it appears like Andrea's trip to Israel that was planned for August never ended up happening, so I wouldn't be shocked if our three week Miss Universe turns into a one week Miss Universe.

I think these are the three options, two and three seem more likely than one to me, and two would require a replacement while three wouldn't. We'll see what happens.

I'm not totally convinced that it's impossible to send the next Miss USA to Miss Universe. If it's a) on December 19th and b) the pageant is just short of three weeks, I can see it happening. If she departs from Tulsa on the morning of the 30th, she'd land in Tel Aviv on the morning of the 1st and be in Eilat by early afternoon. I can see them referring to a 19-day pageant as "three weeks" rounding up to the nearest week.

My main question regarding this is how much leeway will MUO give Miss USA? Of course they're now separate organizations, but a) they're a powerhouse, and b) MUO is still headquartered in the United States and staffed mostly by Americans, so they could possibly cut Miss USA some slack, and make the schedule with them in mind, or allow Miss USA to show up a day or two late for registration. Yeah, they didn't let Sierra Leone do it, but Sierra Leone isn't a very successful country at Miss Universe and likely doesn't pay MUO the big bucks in franchise fees.

Several countries have already pulled out of Miss Universe, due to the pandemic and the controversy surrounding host country, I don't know how keen MUO will be on shooing more delegates away.

If the MUO accepted a late American delegate after disqualifying Sierra Leone for coming late I'd lose all respect for them so I hope that never happens.

True, it would look terrible if they did, but we all know that MUO has a tendency of blatantly favoring powerhouse countries that bring in the most money to the organization, so I can't say I'd really be surprised if they did so.
itsrowdy801
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Rowdy
Date of Birth: 21 Aug 1994
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Customer Service @ Travel Startup
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants, Comedy, Politics

Postby Jaishee » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:00 pm

The Duchess wrote:I gotta be honest, im kind of excited for the Miss USA again

Any details on where will it be broadcasted?
TEAM PHILIPPINES 2024
UNIVERSE: -
WORLD: GWEN FOURNIOL
EARTH: -
INTERNATIONAL: ANGELICA LOPEZ
SUPRANATIONAL: ALETHEA AMBROSIO
Jaishee
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: Jaishee
Date of Birth: 08 Mar 1998
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Physiotherapy Graduate
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:10 pm

Jaishee wrote:
The Duchess wrote:I gotta be honest, im kind of excited for the Miss USA again

Any details on where will it be broadcasted?

No details yet.

Since Miss Universe and Miss USA were broadcast together on FOX, and now Miss Universe is returning to FOX again this year, that suggests Miss USA could also be on FOX. But the consensus was that they got dropped from 2020 because they were airing out of season (normally it's Miss USA in spring and Miss Universe in fall/winter, but that got swapped in 2020) and Miss Universe is returning to its normal season for 2021 while Miss USA is not, so that could mean that FOX once again will not air Miss USA.

Then there's a possibility Miss USA could switch to ABC. ABC's morning show was who broke the news that Crystle Stewart was taking over as national director, and she did her first interview as national director with them. Since it's now the independent Miss USA Organization, it's possible that Miss USA and Miss Universe may air on different broadcasters, who knows.

And then of course there's still the chance Miss USA may remain on an irrelevant, small channel like FYI for another year. It's still airing out of its typical season, and a small broadcaster could explain the decision for choosing a small venue for finals once again. I would hope that Crystle would fight for a bigger broadcaster but it may not be totally within her control given that a big network may not want to air Miss USA in November.

ABC would definitely be my top choice but considering the fact that we still don't have an announcement I would probably bet on another situation like last year with a random broadcaster no one's ever heard of like FYI....
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Thomas876 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:46 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:
Jonathan Nguyen wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:

Personally, I already lost all respect for them when they started asking Amandine Petit why the French were arrogant.
TOP 5 for Miss Universe 2024 :

1. France 2. Mongolia 3. Kazakhstan
4. Venezuela 5. Kyrgyzstan

TEAM FRANCE 2023
Thomas876

Real Life Name/Nick: Thomas.
Date of Birth: 26 Aug 1995
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Something.
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Pig
Hobbies/Interests: Lots of things.

Postby dabunique » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:33 am

[youtube]A7BOmQaEEcM[/youtube]
dabunique
PAGEANT APPRENTICES are novice experts & connoisseurs.
PAGEANT APPRENTICES are novice experts & connoisseurs.

Real Life Name/Nick: David
Date of Birth: 19 May 1977
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Hotel Accountant
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Music, movies, cooking, pageants, friends, laughin
Message: Life is like a runway, so u better walk over dem haterz

Postby kurtij » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:11 am

DELAWARE
kurtij
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: m_cronin
Date of Birth: 27 Dec 1989
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Missosologist
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: CURSING

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:38 pm

Just like clockwork, the contestants for the upcoming season of The Bachelor have been revealed, and Susie Evans (Virginia 2020) is included. This will be the fourth year in a row that the show incorporates former Miss USA contestants.
Last edited by Queen of the Clouds on Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby baghak_gargak » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:37 pm

פיקאסו wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:Here's the schedule for Miss USA

This makes me feel like arrivals will happen some time prior to the 26th. The press release said that the competition begins on the 26th, and prelims officially kick off the competition phase. I think it's likely there will be at least a few days before for rehearsals, fittings, and sightseeing for the host city.

I don't understand any of this.I don't understand that the winner on November 29 will be sent to Miss Universe 2021. If it is assumed that MISS UNIVERSE would have already started the concentration and the others candidates are in Israel.
No one has contact with the miss Stewart and can you ask her? It's just ridiculous. It's just ridiculous.

A FILIPINO-AMERICAN is the current Miss Teen USA 2020 and Miss USA 2020 First runner up is also a Filipino American... 8-> 8-> 8-> 8-> 8->
baghak_gargak
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: Vladimir Dayucduc
Date of Birth: 25 Dec 1990
Profession: Chief Executive Officer
Hobbies/Interests: activities in the dark, cooking, travel

Postby baghak_gargak » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:38 pm

If the winner is late for Miss Universe 2021 she will represent USA instead in MISS EARTH 2022 in Bangkok, Thailand! :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/
baghak_gargak

Real Life Name/Nick: Vladimir Dayucduc
Date of Birth: 25 Dec 1990
Profession: Chief Executive Officer
Hobbies/Interests: activities in the dark, cooking, travel

Postby itsrowdy801 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:17 pm

baghak_gargak wrote:If the winner is late for Miss Universe 2021 she will represent USA instead in MISS EARTH 2022 in Bangkok, Thailand! :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/

What? This claim is so weird I honestly can't tell if you're joking.

Source?
itsrowdy801

Postby Jonathan Nguyen » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:48 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:
baghak_gargak wrote:If the winner is late for Miss Universe 2021 she will represent USA instead in MISS EARTH 2022 in Bangkok, Thailand! :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/

Source?

Miss Earth USA has its own pageant. I think the person was joking. Btw, should Crystle obtain the MW franschise? I know Halle Berry used to compete in MW 1986 as the first runner up of Miss USA 1986.

Jonathan Nguyen

Real Life Name/Nick: Jonathan Nguyen
Date of Birth: 10 Aug 1997
Profession: Software Developer
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Miss Universe and Miss World

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:26 pm

Jonathan Nguyen wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:

Source?

Miss Earth USA has its own pageant. I think the person was joking. Btw, should Crystle obtain the MW franschise? I know Halle Berry used to compete in MW 1986 as the first runner up of Miss USA 1986.

Yeah ignore him.

I think it'd be great if Crystle got another license. Julia Morley would hate it if the US only started sending Miss USA runners-up to Miss World, but every year recently the first runner-up has been a wasted stunner, and Miss World America is a trainwreck of an organization that needs to be replaced.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Jonathan Nguyen » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:42 pm

Jonathan Nguyen wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:

Source?

Yeah ignore him.

I think it'd be great if Crystle got another license. Julia Morley would hate it if the US only started sending Miss USA runners-up to Miss World, but every year recently the first runner-up has been a wasted stunner, and Miss World America is a trainwreck of an organization that needs to be replaced.

My heart got broken so many times for the first runners up at Miss USA. It would be nice to see them represent the USA in another major pageant like Miss World.

Jonathan Nguyen

Postby itsrowdy801 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:44 pm

Jonathan Nguyen wrote:
Jonathan Nguyen wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:

Source?

Yeah ignore him.

My heart got broken so many times for the first runners up at Miss USA. It would be nice to see them represent the USA in another major pageant like Miss World.

Unfortunately, I don't think it's gonna happen. Let's hope that instead, they will stop crowning some rando from the middle-of-the-pack while giving the most phenomenal contestant of the year first runner up year after year after year.
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:40 am

Washington is training at Crystle's Miss Academy in Texas, and once again I do not know how I feel about this. She hasn't mentioned working directly with Crystle like Maelia in Texas did, but the fact that (I believe) she is paying out of pocket to an organization owned by Crystle to train her for a pageant directed by Crystle just doesn't sit right with me. Not Washington's fault, training at Crystle's academy is probably the smartest thing a girl could do right now, but the conflicts of interest that Crystle is creating are just all over the place. It was totally fine when Miss Academy trained all 51 girls in Cancun, but if one girl is paying for extra training, I just don't like how that's even an option.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Jonathan Nguyen » Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:27 pm

Washington is training at Crystle's Miss Academy in Texas, and once again I do not know how I feel about this. She hasn't mentioned working directly with Crystle like Maelia in Texas did, but the fact that (I believe) she is paying out of pocket to an organization owned by Crystle to train her for a pageant directed by Crystle just doesn't sit right with me. Not Washington's fault, training at Crystle's academy is probably the smartest thing a girl could do right now, but the conflicts of interest that Crystle is creating are just all over the place. It was totally fine when Miss Academy trained all 51 girls in Cancun, but if one girl is paying for extra training, I just don't like how that's even an option.

Crystle should not privately train any girl. I smell a Jonas Gaffud situation. The last two MUPs are from his camp. Although they deserve it, it still looks bad due to the conflicts of interest.

Jonathan Nguyen

Postby ajsy0203 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:59 pm

Miss USA & Miss Teen USA will be affected by the IATSE strike? Will Crystle hire non-IATSE union members if the strike will continue until Miss USA & Miss Teen USA pageant week?
ajsy0203
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Profession: Office Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching

Postby itsrowdy801 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:05 am

ajsy0203 wrote:Miss USA & Miss Teen USA will be affected by the IATSE strike? Will Crystle hire non-IATSE union members if the strike will continue until Miss USA & Miss Teen USA pageant week?

I'm not super well versed at all in the strike or union law, but Oklahoma is a very union-unfriendly state with "right to work" laws enshrined in their State Constitution. I don't think it necessarily would mean the show would need to be cancelled, but if anyone else knows more about the situation I'm interested in learning more
itsrowdy801

Postby itsrowdy801 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:32 am

I totally agree. I didn't like it when Maelia was doing it, even going so far as to hoping she wouldn't win Texas in the interest of avoiding favoritism at Miss USA. Now we got state titleholders investing in Crystle's services.

I feel for Chrissy because y'all know my feelings about her directorship being incredibly weak, but there should really just be some rule against the national director accepting her contestants as clients and training them herself.
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:28 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:
ajsy0203 wrote:Miss USA & Miss Teen USA will be affected by the IATSE strike? Will Crystle hire non-IATSE union members if the strike will continue until Miss USA & Miss Teen USA pageant week?

I'm not super well versed at all in the strike or union law, but Oklahoma is a very union-unfriendly state with "right to work" laws enshrined in their State Constitution. I don't think it necessarily would mean the show would need to be cancelled, but if anyone else knows more about the situation I'm interested in learning more

The IATSE strike would not be as far-reaching as it appears because there are certain agreements with specific production companies and various types of productions would be allowed , including one-off single productions (which is what I assume Miss USA would be considered). I believe that the strike would mainly be targeting big-budget television series and films from production companies that do not have an agreement with IATSE.

I don't study unions or employment law or anything like that but this is what I've picked up.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:35 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:

I totally agree. I didn't like it when Maelia was doing it, even going so far as to hoping she wouldn't win Texas in the interest of avoiding favoritism at Miss USA. Now we got state titleholders investing in Crystle's services.

I feel for Chrissy because y'all know my feelings about her directorship being incredibly weak, but there should really just be some rule against the national director accepting her contestants as clients and training them herself.

That's exactly why I figure Chrissy is going to Crystle, because Pageants NW does not invest in its titleholders and she wants some direction. I feel for her and I don't blame her, but I do absolutely blame Crystle for accepting state titleholders as clients. She needs to either sell Miss Academy or not accept Miss USA state titleholders as clients. But honestly, the odds of her past clients winning state titles after having already trained with her and formed a relationship with her is just too high, I really don't think you should be training girls as a national director for a major pageant.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby itsrowdy801 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:10 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:

That's exactly why I figure Chrissy is going to Crystle, because Pageants NW does not invest in its titleholders and she wants some direction. I feel for her and I don't blame her, but I do absolutely blame Crystle for accepting state titleholders as clients. She needs to either sell Miss Academy or not accept Miss USA state titleholders as clients. But honestly, the odds of her past clients winning state titles after having already trained with her and formed a relationship with her is just too high, I really don't think you should be training girls as a national director for a major pageant.

100%. I've always wanted to be a coach and I'm sure if I were, my clients would be my babies. I would have watched them grow in their skills and helped shape them into what I think an excellent titleholder would be. And how could you not think that? Coaching inherently puts you in that position and it would be hard to erase those biases.

To think about a coach owning the organization is crazy. Especially since there is also typically an exchange of money in the coach-client relationship, that complicates things even further.
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:54 pm

Stage design:

Schedule:
Nov 26 – prelims
Nov 28 – state costume show
Nov 29 – finals
Queen of the Clouds

Postby itsrowdy801 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:48 pm

Queen of the Clouds wrote:Stage design:

Schedule:
Nov 26 – prelims
Nov 28 – state costume show
Nov 29 – finals

I do love that stage shape!

Time to spend Thanksgiving Weekend gushing over Miss USA =c3 =c3 =c3 =c3
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:24 am

And the news is out.... Delaware confirmed on her story that Miss USA 2021 will once again be on FYI :%(( :%(( :%((

But the weird part is she said it will also be on Hulu? I don't know if she means like Hulu Live TV (which I don't have) because otherwise I'm confused.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby itsrowdy801 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:40 am

Queen of the Clouds wrote:And the news is out.... Delaware confirmed on her story that Miss USA 2021 will once again be on FYI :%(( :%(( :%((

But the weird part is she said it will also be on Hulu? I don't know if she means like Hulu Live TV (which I don't have) because otherwise I'm confused.

I have Hulu + Live TV, and I still had to get that Philo thing in order to watch Miss USA 2020 and Miss Universe.

My understanding is that they have an additional add-on for FYI, like you can buy a Showtime or HBO add on to your Hulu subscription.

EDIT: I just checked again, and Hulu + Live TV DOES indeed have FYI now! They didn't last year, and I didn't even check in May during Miss Universe because I just assumed it still wasn't there, so it must be a new addition.
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:01 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:
Queen of the Clouds wrote:And the news is out.... Delaware confirmed on her story that Miss USA 2021 will once again be on FYI :%(( :%(( :%((

I have Hulu + Live TV, and I still had to get that Philo thing in order to watch Miss USA 2020 and Miss Universe.

My understanding is that they have an additional add-on for FYI, like you can buy a Showtime or HBO add on to your Hulu subscription.

EDIT: I just checked again, and Hulu + Live TV DOES indeed have FYI now! They didn't last year, and I didn't even check in May during Miss Universe because I just assumed it still wasn't there, so it must be a new addition.

Maybe it's time to switch from YouTube TV to Hulu + Live TV then? Lol.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:05 am

https://missusa.com/

The new Miss USA website is live!
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:11 am

I hope Ki'ilani transitions to Miss one day. She could be Miss Universe :hx
Queen of the Clouds

PreviousNext

Return to Miss Universe