Unpopular Opinion Defend or Debunk: Sarah vs Nehal

Image



  • 2

Unpopular Opinion Defend or Debunk: Sarah vs Nehal

Postby ajsy0203 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:13 pm

    



Would you defend or debunk this opinion about Nehal Chudasama of India should be in the Top 20 instead of Sarah Rose Summers of USA especially in the wildcard selection?


Fan Favorite 2010
December 6
ajsy0203
PAGEANT SPECIALISTS are seasoned ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT SPECIALISTS are seasoned ANALYSTS of pageantry.
 
Posts: 9195
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:55 am
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 3416
Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Office Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching
Message: Write a message here

  • 5

Re: Unpopular Opinion Defend or Debunk: Sarah vs Nehal

Postby mybadname » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:50 pm

There's always favoritism on Miss USA in Miss Universe eventhough their candidate is a meh. So bashers should stop whining on MIss Earth favoring Miss Philippines because it applies not only on Miss Universe but also in Miss International favoring Miss Japan, Miss World favoring Miss UK and Miss Pageant not to be Named favoring Miss Thailand.
my name is bad but i am good

MissUniverse/MissEarth
User avatar
mybadname
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
 
Posts: 2388
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:07 am
Location: sweden
Country: Sweden (se)
Reputation: 2972
Real Life Name/Nick: ralph
Date of Birth: 19 Nov 1980
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: engineer
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: reading
Message: hello everyone

  • 0

Re: Unpopular Opinion Defend or Debunk: Sarah vs Nehal

Postby ajsy0203 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:23 pm

mybadname wrote:There's always favoritism on Miss USA in Miss Universe eventhough their candidate is a meh. So bashers should stop whining on MIss Earth favoring Miss Philippines because it applies not only on Miss Universe but also in Miss International favoring Miss Japan, Miss World favoring Miss UK and Miss Pageant not to be Named favoring Miss Thailand.


But in your opinion, do you think Nehal should be in the wildcard selection if she was not in the Africa and Asia Pacific's Top 5 (since all of the initial 5 placers from that group are deserved of their placement)?
Fan Favorite 2010
December 6
ajsy0203
PAGEANT SPECIALISTS are seasoned ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT SPECIALISTS are seasoned ANALYSTS of pageantry.
 
Posts: 9195
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:55 am
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 3416
Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Office Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching
Message: Write a message here

  • 7

Re: Unpopular Opinion Defend or Debunk: Sarah vs Nehal

Postby XAMURAI » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:36 am

mybadname wrote:There's always favoritism on Miss USA in Miss Universe eventhough their candidate is a meh. So bashers should stop whining on MIss Earth favoring Miss Philippines because it applies not only on Miss Universe but also in Miss International favoring Miss Japan, Miss World favoring Miss UK and Miss Pageant not to be Named favoring Miss Thailand.


Ummmmm.... Japan placed only three times in the last seven editions is what you call favoritism? They clapped for three straight years from 2013 to 2015! Last year's Japanese delegate was the daughter of the late Masumi Okada (the emcee of Miss International from 1970s to the year that Precious Lara won) did not even place in the Top 15! Favoring??? Hmmmm....
User avatar
XAMURAI
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.
 
Posts: 14810
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:18 am
Location: Saitama
Country: Japan (jp)
Reputation: 9759
Real Life Name/Nick: XAMURAI
Date of Birth: 01 Jul 1979
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Company Employee and Entrepreneur
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Hobbies/Interests: Basketball and Camping
Message: Do not PM me if you want to change your username.

  • 3

Re: Unpopular Opinion Defend or Debunk: Sarah vs Nehal

Postby antoine » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:53 am

To answer the question I favour India over USA ...but I don’t necessarily think either one of them should be have been in top 20... maybe some unknown country over them
antoine
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
 
Posts: 1202
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:20 pm
Location: Sydney
Country: Australia (au)
Reputation: 376
Date of Birth: 12 Jun 1984
Gender: Male
Profession: Admin
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Chinese Zodiac: Goat
Hobbies/Interests: swimming
Message: Write a message here

  • 5

Re: Unpopular Opinion Defend or Debunk: Sarah vs Nehal

Postby beautywatchnyc » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:58 am

mybadname wrote:There's always favoritism on Miss USA in Miss Universe eventhough their candidate is a meh. So bashers should stop whining on MIss Earth favoring Miss Philippines because it applies not only on Miss Universe but also in Miss International favoring Miss Japan, Miss World favoring Miss UK and Miss Pageant not to be Named favoring Miss Thailand.


Not only that. Ms World seems to have always a soft spot for girls coming from the Commonwealth of Nations.
The organization tends to look at them first maybe because of the long affinity i.e. historical bond that ties the days of empire with these overseas countries.
User avatar
beautywatchnyc
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.
 
Posts: 8783
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 1:53 pm
Location: New York City (former) now residing in the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, SW5
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
Reputation: 13089
Real Life Name/Nick: david
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: HR Consultancy, Professional Cooking
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing D Net Cooking Travel Reading Pho2graphy
Message: Need to reflect the other side of my citizenship

  • 2

Re: Unpopular Opinion Defend or Debunk: Sarah vs Nehal

Postby benchtel1978 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:55 pm

I have to agree with beautywatchnyc. Miss World almost always--if not always--favors countries of the Commonwealth. From 1951 to present, Commonwealth countries have most winners: India with six (6); United Kingdom, five (5); Jamaica, four (4); and South Africa, three (3). Were these winners deserving of their titles? Some maybe, yes, in my opinion.
User avatar
benchtel1978
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:54 pm
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 179
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1978
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: businessman
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: competitions
Message: Thank you!

  • 4

Re: Unpopular Opinion Defend or Debunk: Sarah vs Nehal

Postby mybadname » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:13 am

XAMURAI wrote:
mybadname wrote:There's always favoritism on Miss USA in Miss Universe eventhough their candidate is a meh. So bashers should stop whining on MIss Earth favoring Miss Philippines because it applies not only on Miss Universe but also in Miss International favoring Miss Japan, Miss World favoring Miss UK and Miss Pageant not to be Named favoring Miss Thailand.


Ummmmm.... Japan placed only three times in the last seven editions is what you call favoritism? They clapped for three straight years from 2013 to 2015! Last year's Japanese delegate was the daughter of the late Masumi Okada (the emcee of Miss International from 1970s to the year that Precious Lara won) did not even place in the Top 15! Favoring??? Hmmmm....


I know you are going to defend MI because you are working there. That's a given already. But you cannot deny a fact that MI favors Miss Japan. Duh 47/60? Give me a break!
my name is bad but i am good

MissUniverse/MissEarth
User avatar
mybadname
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
 
Posts: 2388
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:07 am
Location: sweden
Country: Sweden (se)
Reputation: 2972
Real Life Name/Nick: ralph
Date of Birth: 19 Nov 1980
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: engineer
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: reading
Message: hello everyone

  • 3

Re: Unpopular Opinion Defend or Debunk: Sarah vs Nehal

Postby XAMURAI » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:19 am

mybadname wrote:
XAMURAI wrote:
mybadname wrote:There's always favoritism on Miss USA in Miss Universe eventhough their candidate is a meh. So bashers should stop whining on MIss Earth favoring Miss Philippines because it applies not only on Miss Universe but also in Miss International favoring Miss Japan, Miss World favoring Miss UK and Miss Pageant not to be Named favoring Miss Thailand.


Ummmmm.... Japan placed only three times in the last seven editions is what you call favoritism? They clapped for three straight years from 2013 to 2015! Last year's Japanese delegate was the daughter of the late Masumi Okada (the emcee of Miss International from 1970s to the year that Precious Lara won) did not even place in the Top 15! Favoring??? Hmmmm....


I know you are going to defend MI because you are working there. That's a given already. But you cannot deny a fact that MI favors Miss Japan. Duh 47/60? Give me a break!


It's not "favoritism" if Japan could only produce ONE winner and very very few runners-up. And mind you, Japan won in 2012! That's like what? 52 YEARS since the inception of Miss International! It took Japan 42 years to be able to penetrate the Top 3!!! Favoritism?

Placing in the Top 15 47 times is not favoritism. It's just semifinal placement! Majority of them basically came from ancient editions, when there were fewer contestants and higher chances of placing in the Top 15.
User avatar
XAMURAI
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.
 
Posts: 14810
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:18 am
Location: Saitama
Country: Japan (jp)
Reputation: 9759
Real Life Name/Nick: XAMURAI
Date of Birth: 01 Jul 1979
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Company Employee and Entrepreneur
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Hobbies/Interests: Basketball and Camping
Message: Do not PM me if you want to change your username.

  • 0

Re: Unpopular Opinion Defend or Debunk: Sarah vs Nehal

Postby Elyerno Zabagguri » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:58 am

BEAUTY WISE, IT'S SARAH ROSE SUMMERS.
B*TCHES, THE QUEEN OF JERJER IS BACK!
Image
User avatar
Elyerno Zabagguri
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
 
Posts: 409
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:38 pm
Location: Tatar ASSR
Country: Russia (ru)
Reputation: 313
Real Life Name/Nick: Superstar Elyerno
Date of Birth: 02 Sep 1988
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Writer
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty Pageants
Message: THE REAL B*TCH IN TOWN!

  • 0

Re: Unpopular Opinion Defend or Debunk: Sarah vs Nehal

Postby sleuth08 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:04 pm

ajsy0203 wrote:

Would you defend or debunk this opinion about Nehal Chudasama of India should be in the Top 20 instead of Sarah Rose Summers of USA especially in the wildcard selection?


IF SARAH ROSE WORE A DIFFERENT COUNTRY SASH FOR SURE SHE WILL MISS THE CUT.
sleuth08
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
 
Posts: 4970
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:59 am
Location: toronto
Country: Canada (ca)
Reputation: 4742
Date of Birth: 10 Dec 1977
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: airline load controller
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: DESTROYING MISS EARTH HATERS
Message: It is not enough to succeed, OTHERS MUST FAIL

  • 1

Re: Unpopular Opinion Defend or Debunk: Sarah vs Nehal

Postby sleuth08 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:07 pm

mybadname wrote:There's always favoritism on Miss USA in Miss Universe eventhough their candidate is a meh. So bashers should stop whining on MIss Earth favoring Miss Philippines because it applies not only on Miss Universe but also in Miss International favoring Miss Japan, Miss World favoring Miss UK and Miss Pageant not to be Named favoring Miss Thailand.


IT TOOK 24 YEARS FOR USA TO MISS THE CUT FOR THE FIRST TIME, THEN 51 YEARS TO MISS THE CUT FOR THE 3RD TIME IN MISS UNIVERSE. PHILIPPINES MISSED THE CUT IN MISS EARTH IN THE 7TH YEAR, 3RD TIME IN 16TH YEARS.
sleuth08
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
 
Posts: 4970
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:59 am
Location: toronto
Country: Canada (ca)
Reputation: 4742
Date of Birth: 10 Dec 1977
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: airline load controller
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: DESTROYING MISS EARTH HATERS
Message: It is not enough to succeed, OTHERS MUST FAIL

  • 2

Re: Unpopular Opinion Defend or Debunk: Sarah vs Nehal

Postby beautywatchnyc » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:01 am

sleuth08 wrote:
mybadname wrote:There's always favoritism on Miss USA in Miss Universe eventhough their candidate is a meh. So bashers should stop whining on MIss Earth favoring Miss Philippines because it applies not only on Miss Universe but also in Miss International favoring Miss Japan, Miss World favoring Miss UK and Miss Pageant not to be Named favoring Miss Thailand.


IT TOOK 24 YEARS FOR USA TO MISS THE CUT FOR THE FIRST TIME, THEN 51 YEARS TO MISS THE CUT FOR THE 3RD TIME IN MISS UNIVERSE. PHILIPPINES MISSED THE CUT IN MISS EARTH IN THE 7TH YEAR, 3RD TIME IN 16TH YEARS.


It's so easy to compare and cite Ms Earth as "doer/receiver" of malfeasance particularly if one happens to hate MEO and all that it represents. But it will serve to first contextualize things in proper perspective before an outsider can lay claim to being an objective "judge, jury and executioner" at the same time.
User avatar
beautywatchnyc
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.
 
Posts: 8783
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 1:53 pm
Location: New York City (former) now residing in the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, SW5
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
Reputation: 13089
Real Life Name/Nick: david
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: HR Consultancy, Professional Cooking
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing D Net Cooking Travel Reading Pho2graphy
Message: Need to reflect the other side of my citizenship

  • 0

Re: Unpopular Opinion Defend or Debunk: Sarah vs Nehal

Postby esperasave » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:22 am

The home country's pageant will have an edge not favoritism. Its a given fact , because of an extra factor that they have to handle all activities of the pageant is monumental or biblical in proportion so an extra points should be given to them. Like, the host nation of Miss Universe pageant should automatically be included in the semi finalist to be fair to them. In this case, many nations will probably bid to become a host nation because of the prestige that their country's name will be called.
Last edited by esperasave on Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
esperasave
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
 
Posts: 1324
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:24 am
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 546
Real Life Name/Nick: esperas
Date of Birth: 30 Aug 1973
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: medical
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: internet surfing
Message: Keep believing in the power of beauty in the human person

  • 1

Re: Unpopular Opinion Defend or Debunk: Sarah vs Nehal

Postby ajsy0203 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:27 am

esperasave wrote:What about Miss Earth, favoring for Miss Philippine delegate?


Some forumers already answered the inquiry. But can we focus on Sarah Rose vs Nehal.
Fan Favorite 2010
December 6
ajsy0203
PAGEANT SPECIALISTS are seasoned ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT SPECIALISTS are seasoned ANALYSTS of pageantry.
 
Posts: 9195
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:55 am
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 3416
Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Office Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching
Message: Write a message here

  • 3

Re: Unpopular Opinion Defend or Debunk: Sarah vs Nehal

Postby rockondude » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:45 pm

All the Miss USA winners under IMG have been horrible. Miss USA is always extremely bad at picking winners they are way to insular. Sarah and the one that was in the military should have been clappers.
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.
User avatar
rockondude
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
 
Posts: 4236
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:25 am
Location: hatillo
Country: Puerto Rico (pr)
Reputation: 3678
Real Life Name/Nick: julian
Date of Birth: 15 Aug 1985
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: i like to go to the gym
Message: There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.

  • 0

Re: Unpopular Opinion Defend or Debunk: Sarah vs Nehal

Postby heythantan » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:41 pm

I absolutely think Nehal was great in prelims and Sarah was a pretty cow strutting that long runway. Nehal should've placed but yes sash factor.
User avatar
heythantan
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat May 25, 2019 7:06 pm
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 7
Date of Birth: 21 Nov 1989
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Claims Officer
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty Pageants
Message: Write a message here

  • 1

Re: Unpopular Opinion Defend or Debunk: Sarah vs Nehal

Postby poker_man » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:57 pm

mybadname wrote:There's always favoritism on Miss USA in Miss Universe eventhough their candidate is a meh. So bashers should stop whining on MIss Earth favoring Miss Philippines because it applies not only on Miss Universe but also in Miss International favoring Miss Japan, Miss World favoring Miss UK and Miss Pageant not to be Named favoring Miss Thailand.

Please never ever compare Miss Universe to the cheapness of Miss Earth. None of the winners of Philippines in Miss Earth won fair and square. They were "meh" winners and Miss Earth crowning four Filipinas within ten years is way too much of a joke. If it were in the 1950s or 1960s, it would have been understandable due to few contestants, but this was in between 2000s to the 2010s! What's the point of holding international pageants when the winner will always come from your own country.
User avatar
poker_man
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 1608
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:42 am
Location: New York City
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 666
Date of Birth: 21 Jun 1985
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Doctor
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty pageants
Message: Write a message here

  • 4

Re: Unpopular Opinion Defend or Debunk: Sarah vs Nehal

Postby beautywatchnyc » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:33 pm

poker_man wrote:
mybadname wrote:There's always favoritism on Miss USA in Miss Universe eventhough their candidate is a meh. So bashers should stop whining on MIss Earth favoring Miss Philippines because it applies not only on Miss Universe but also in Miss International favoring Miss Japan, Miss World favoring Miss UK and Miss Pageant not to be Named favoring Miss Thailand.

Please never ever compare Miss Universe to the cheapness of Miss Earth. None of the winners of Philippines in Miss Earth won fair and square. They were "meh" winners and Miss Earth crowning four Filipinas within ten years is way too much of a joke. If it were in the 1950s or 1960s, it would have been understandable due to few contestants, but this was in between 2000s to the 2010s! What's the point of holding international pageants when the winner will always come from your own country.


It's a pity no one within the MEO/Carousel hierarchy will heed your unimpaired judgment. First, among all others, you were not in the panel of judges (and probably never will be in your lifetime!) You don't approve of ME or of their board of judges, your opinion is your entitlement! MEO/Carousel will not suffer from a "loss" nor cease operation and close shop just because you think your judgment was unblemished and they on the other hand were wrong and incorrect altogether all through these years!
User avatar
beautywatchnyc
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.
 
Posts: 8783
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 1:53 pm
Location: New York City (former) now residing in the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, SW5
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
Reputation: 13089
Real Life Name/Nick: david
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: HR Consultancy, Professional Cooking
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing D Net Cooking Travel Reading Pho2graphy
Message: Need to reflect the other side of my citizenship

  • 1

Re: Unpopular Opinion Defend or Debunk: Sarah vs Nehal

Postby EbonyJenkins » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:42 pm

Nehal's "fat to fit" advocacy was entirely out of touch and problematic for current times.
User avatar
EbonyJenkins
SUPER SONICS are SPEEDIEST posters.
SUPER SONICS are SPEEDIEST posters.
 
Posts: 1751
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:26 am
Location: Seattle
Country: Vietnam (vn)
Reputation: 1813
Real Life Name/Nick: NhokShjn
Date of Birth: 19 Jan 1992
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Music
Message: Write a message here

  • 0

Re: Unpopular Opinion Defend or Debunk: Sarah vs Nehal

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:51 am

There is almost always favoritism towards the country that the organization is from (look at England in Miss World or Philippines in Miss Earth), but I still don't agree with this. I think Sarah and Nehal were both great and both deserved spots. I would have put Nehal in the top twenty, but not at the expense of Sarah. She could have replaced Australia or Thailand.
User avatar
Queen of the Clouds
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
 
Posts: 1866
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:39 pm
Location: Manhattan, New York
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 1231
Date of Birth: 18 Mar 1996
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Law student
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Hobbies/Interests: Fashion, music, film, politics, and parties
Message: Write a message here

  • 0

Re: Unpopular Opinion Defend or Debunk: Sarah vs Nehal

Postby filipinoako28 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:39 am

XAMURAI wrote:
mybadname wrote:
XAMURAI wrote:
mybadname wrote:There's always favoritism on Miss USA in Miss Universe eventhough their candidate is a meh. So bashers should stop whining on MIss Earth favoring Miss Philippines because it applies not only on Miss Universe but also in Miss International favoring Miss Japan, Miss World favoring Miss UK and Miss Pageant not to be Named favoring Miss Thailand.


Ummmmm.... Japan placed only three times in the last seven editions is what you call favoritism? They clapped for three straight years from 2013 to 2015! Last year's Japanese delegate was the daughter of the late Masumi Okada (the emcee of Miss International from 1970s to the year that Precious Lara won) did not even place in the Top 15! Favoring??? Hmmmm....


I know you are going to defend MI because you are working there. That's a given already. But you cannot deny a fact that MI favors Miss Japan. Duh 47/60? Give me a break!


It's not "favoritism" if Japan could only produce ONE winner and very very few runners-up. And mind you, Japan won in 2012! That's like what? 52 YEARS since the inception of Miss International! It took Japan 42 years to be able to penetrate the Top 3!!! Favoritism?

Placing in the Top 15 47 times is not favoritism. It's just semifinal placement! Majority of them basically came from ancient editions, when there were fewer contestants and higher chances of placing in the Top 15.


While I agree with your point sir Stephen, I hope you also see their perspective. Favoritism is not only shown by crowning your own. It can be shown by consistently placing despite minimal effort on the candidate’s part. I mean, Japanese queens aren’t exactly performers on stage, they aren’t the most eloquent. They are usually timid and very conservative. Others might feel that they could just stand there and have an automatic placement...
Saying this, it also goes in the same grain that Miss International looks at the girls at a totally different set of criteria. Do they require a fierce walk? Strong personality? Great communication skills? So you both have a point, just depends in which perspective you are more inclined to. Assumption of favoritism is very tricky because the comparisons are being made across pageants who might be looking for totally different type of winners.
User avatar
filipinoako28
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 509
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:59 am
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 605
Date of Birth: 09 Mar 1983
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Financial analyst
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Pig
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing the net
Message: Write a message here

  • 2

Re: Unpopular Opinion Defend or Debunk: Sarah vs Nehal

Postby eintein » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:31 am

poker_man wrote:
mybadname wrote:There's always favoritism on Miss USA in Miss Universe eventhough their candidate is a meh. So bashers should stop whining on MIss Earth favoring Miss Philippines because it applies not only on Miss Universe but also in Miss International favoring Miss Japan, Miss World favoring Miss UK and Miss Pageant not to be Named favoring Miss Thailand.

Please never ever compare Miss Universe to the cheapness of Miss Earth. None of the winners of Philippines in Miss Earth won fair and square. They were "meh" winners and Miss Earth crowning four Filipinas within ten years is way too much of a joke. If it were in the 1950s or 1960s, it would have been understandable due to few contestants, but this was in between 2000s to the 2010s! What's the point of holding international pageants when the winner will always come from your own country.


Bwahaha! And you call all Miss USA's placements legit since 2016? I call it favoritism! 2016 onwards are all meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh!
THIS IS ME! WILL YOU LOVE ME?

Image
User avatar
eintein
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:39 am
Country: Finland (fi)
Reputation: 132
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1990
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: student
Hobbies/Interests: surfing the net
Message: i will crash you!

  • 1

Re: Unpopular Opinion Defend or Debunk: Sarah vs Nehal

Postby rockondude » Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:30 pm

EbonyJenkins wrote:Nehal's "fat to fit" advocacy was entirely out of touch and problematic for current times.


Its actually very relevant to today issues. There an epidemic of morbidly obese people in the west who think been fat is something positive to be proud of.
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.
User avatar
rockondude
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
 
Posts: 4236
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:25 am
Location: hatillo
Country: Puerto Rico (pr)
Reputation: 3678
Real Life Name/Nick: julian
Date of Birth: 15 Aug 1985
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: i like to go to the gym
Message: There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.

  • 0

Re: Unpopular Opinion Defend or Debunk: Sarah vs Nehal

Postby koji » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:25 am

Elyerno Zabagguri wrote:BEAUTY WISE, IT'S SARAH ROSE SUMMERS.


Because she's white? [-X
koji
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
 
Posts: 6881
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:13 am
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 2290
Real Life Name/Nick: joey
Date of Birth: 05 May 1989
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Farmer
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: beauty pageant
Message: Write a message here

  • 0

Re: Unpopular Opinion Defend or Debunk: Sarah vs Nehal

Postby koji » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:28 am

She should have been banned form the competition. Those 3 bitches should have been ditched in order for IMG to make a strong statement on bullying.
koji
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
 
Posts: 6881
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:13 am
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 2290
Real Life Name/Nick: joey
Date of Birth: 05 May 1989
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Farmer
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: beauty pageant
Message: Write a message here

  • 0

Re: Unpopular Opinion Defend or Debunk: Sarah vs Nehal

Postby XAMURAI » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:12 am

filipinoako28 wrote:
XAMURAI wrote:
mybadname wrote:
XAMURAI wrote:
mybadname wrote:There's always favoritism on Miss USA in Miss Universe eventhough their candidate is a meh. So bashers should stop whining on MIss Earth favoring Miss Philippines because it applies not only on Miss Universe but also in Miss International favoring Miss Japan, Miss World favoring Miss UK and Miss Pageant not to be Named favoring Miss Thailand.


Ummmmm.... Japan placed only three times in the last seven editions is what you call favoritism? They clapped for three straight years from 2013 to 2015! Last year's Japanese delegate was the daughter of the late Masumi Okada (the emcee of Miss International from 1970s to the year that Precious Lara won) did not even place in the Top 15! Favoring??? Hmmmm....


I know you are going to defend MI because you are working there. That's a given already. But you cannot deny a fact that MI favors Miss Japan. Duh 47/60? Give me a break!


It's not "favoritism" if Japan could only produce ONE winner and very very few runners-up. And mind you, Japan won in 2012! That's like what? 52 YEARS since the inception of Miss International! It took Japan 42 years to be able to penetrate the Top 3!!! Favoritism?

Placing in the Top 15 47 times is not favoritism. It's just semifinal placement! Majority of them basically came from ancient editions, when there were fewer contestants and higher chances of placing in the Top 15.


While I agree with your point sir Stephen, I hope you also see their perspective. Favoritism is not only shown by crowning your own. It can be shown by consistently placing despite minimal effort on the candidate’s part. I mean, Japanese queens aren’t exactly performers on stage, they aren’t the most eloquent. They are usually timid and very conservative. Others might feel that they could just stand there and have an automatic placement...
Saying this, it also goes in the same grain that Miss International looks at the girls at a totally different set of criteria. Do they require a fierce walk? Strong personality? Great communication skills? So you both have a point, just depends in which perspective you are more inclined to. Assumption of favoritism is very tricky because the comparisons are being made across pageants who might be looking for totally different type of winners.


SO please, with all due respect, tell me the list of Miss JAPAN at Miss International who did not deserve their placement in the Top 15 because they are timid and not eloquent. Because I have just mentioned Tomomi Okada, the daughter of Masumi Okada (a highly respected former emcee of Miss International for nearly 30 years) who did NOT event manage to enter the Top 15 last year! Despite the fact that Tomomi could speak fluent English, she worked so hard to improve her body and looked so pretty like a manga doll! Japan also did not place 4 out of 5 times between 2011 to 2015! Have you ever seen such record for PH in Miss Earth? For USA in Miss Universe? For UK in Miss World? For Poland in Miss Supranational?
User avatar
XAMURAI
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.
 
Posts: 14810
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:18 am
Location: Saitama
Country: Japan (jp)
Reputation: 9759
Real Life Name/Nick: XAMURAI
Date of Birth: 01 Jul 1979
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Company Employee and Entrepreneur
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Hobbies/Interests: Basketball and Camping
Message: Do not PM me if you want to change your username.

  • 1

Re: Unpopular Opinion Defend or Debunk: Sarah vs Nehal

Postby beautywatchnyc » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:01 am

XAMURAI wrote:
filipinoako28 wrote:
XAMURAI wrote:
mybadname wrote:
XAMURAI wrote:
mybadname wrote:There's always favoritism on Miss USA in Miss Universe eventhough their candidate is a meh. So bashers should stop whining on MIss Earth favoring Miss Philippines because it applies not only on Miss Universe but also in Miss International favoring Miss Japan, Miss World favoring Miss UK and Miss Pageant not to be Named favoring Miss Thailand.


Ummmmm.... Japan placed only three times in the last seven editions is what you call favoritism? They clapped for three straight years from 2013 to 2015! Last year's Japanese delegate was the daughter of the late Masumi Okada (the emcee of Miss International from 1970s to the year that Precious Lara won) did not even place in the Top 15! Favoring??? Hmmmm....


I know you are going to defend MI because you are working there. That's a given already. But you cannot deny a fact that MI favors Miss Japan. Duh 47/60? Give me a break!


It's not "favoritism" if Japan could only produce ONE winner and very very few runners-up. And mind you, Japan won in 2012! That's like what? 52 YEARS since the inception of Miss International! It took Japan 42 years to be able to penetrate the Top 3!!! Favoritism?

Placing in the Top 15 47 times is not favoritism. It's just semifinal placement! Majority of them basically came from ancient editions, when there were fewer contestants and higher chances of placing in the Top 15.


While I agree with your point sir Stephen, I hope you also see their perspective. Favoritism is not only shown by crowning your own. It can be shown by consistently placing despite minimal effort on the candidate’s part. I mean, Japanese queens aren’t exactly performers on stage, they aren’t the most eloquent. They are usually timid and very conservative. Others might feel that they could just stand there and have an automatic placement...
Saying this, it also goes in the same grain that Miss International looks at the girls at a totally different set of criteria. Do they require a fierce walk? Strong personality? Great communication skills? So you both have a point, just depends in which perspective you are more inclined to. Assumption of favoritism is very tricky because the comparisons are being made across pageants who might be looking for totally different type of winners.


SO please, with all due respect, tell me the list of Miss JAPAN at Miss International who did not deserve their placement in the Top 15 because they are timid and not eloquent. Because I have just mentioned Tomomi Okada, the daughter of Masumi Okada (a highly respected former emcee of Miss International for nearly 30 years) who did NOT event manage to enter the Top 15 last year! Despite the fact that Tomomi could speak fluent English, she worked so hard to improve her body and looked so pretty like a manga doll! Japan also did not place 4 out of 5 times between 2011 to 2015! Have you ever seen such record for PH in Miss Earth? For USA in Miss Universe? For UK in Miss World? For Poland in Miss Supranational?


This is a forum, everyone else has a say as to how each should think and feel about the judges' choice of a winner. But to undermine the judges collective vote of confidence, i.e. which girls should advance to the top, stretches the imagination a tad far beyond what does not accrue to us outsiders -- the solemn task of fair judging! The host country girl earning extra points for the herculean task that her own countrymen undertake organizing the gargantuan event is, doubtless, a given. Arguably for or against, that "undesirable" element factors in strongly, and although not the winning criterion, gathers irreversible points in the final score sheet.
User avatar
beautywatchnyc
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.
 
Posts: 8783
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 1:53 pm
Location: New York City (former) now residing in the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, SW5
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
Reputation: 13089
Real Life Name/Nick: david
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: HR Consultancy, Professional Cooking
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing D Net Cooking Travel Reading Pho2graphy
Message: Need to reflect the other side of my citizenship

  • 1

Re: Unpopular Opinion Defend or Debunk: Sarah vs Nehal

Postby XAMURAI » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:47 am

beautywatchnyc wrote:
XAMURAI wrote:
filipinoako28 wrote:
XAMURAI wrote:
mybadname wrote:
XAMURAI wrote:
mybadname wrote:There's always favoritism on Miss USA in Miss Universe eventhough their candidate is a meh. So bashers should stop whining on MIss Earth favoring Miss Philippines because it applies not only on Miss Universe but also in Miss International favoring Miss Japan, Miss World favoring Miss UK and Miss Pageant not to be Named favoring Miss Thailand.


Ummmmm.... Japan placed only three times in the last seven editions is what you call favoritism? They clapped for three straight years from 2013 to 2015! Last year's Japanese delegate was the daughter of the late Masumi Okada (the emcee of Miss International from 1970s to the year that Precious Lara won) did not even place in the Top 15! Favoring??? Hmmmm....


I know you are going to defend MI because you are working there. That's a given already. But you cannot deny a fact that MI favors Miss Japan. Duh 47/60? Give me a break!


It's not "favoritism" if Japan could only produce ONE winner and very very few runners-up. And mind you, Japan won in 2012! That's like what? 52 YEARS since the inception of Miss International! It took Japan 42 years to be able to penetrate the Top 3!!! Favoritism?

Placing in the Top 15 47 times is not favoritism. It's just semifinal placement! Majority of them basically came from ancient editions, when there were fewer contestants and higher chances of placing in the Top 15.


While I agree with your point sir Stephen, I hope you also see their perspective. Favoritism is not only shown by crowning your own. It can be shown by consistently placing despite minimal effort on the candidate’s part. I mean, Japanese queens aren’t exactly performers on stage, they aren’t the most eloquent. They are usually timid and very conservative. Others might feel that they could just stand there and have an automatic placement...
Saying this, it also goes in the same grain that Miss International looks at the girls at a totally different set of criteria. Do they require a fierce walk? Strong personality? Great communication skills? So you both have a point, just depends in which perspective you are more inclined to. Assumption of favoritism is very tricky because the comparisons are being made across pageants who might be looking for totally different type of winners.


SO please, with all due respect, tell me the list of Miss JAPAN at Miss International who did not deserve their placement in the Top 15 because they are timid and not eloquent. Because I have just mentioned Tomomi Okada, the daughter of Masumi Okada (a highly respected former emcee of Miss International for nearly 30 years) who did NOT event manage to enter the Top 15 last year! Despite the fact that Tomomi could speak fluent English, she worked so hard to improve her body and looked so pretty like a manga doll! Japan also did not place 4 out of 5 times between 2011 to 2015! Have you ever seen such record for PH in Miss Earth? For USA in Miss Universe? For UK in Miss World? For Poland in Miss Supranational?


This is a forum, everyone else has a say as to how each should think and feel about the judges' choice of a winner. But to undermine the judges collective vote of confidence, i.e. which girls should advance to the top, stretches the imagination a tad far beyond what does not accrue to us outsiders -- the solemn task of fair judging! The host country girl earning extra points for the herculean task that her own countrymen undertake organizing the gargantuan event is, doubtless, a given. Arguably for or against, that "undesirable" element factors in strongly, and although not the winning criterion, gathers irreversible points in the final score sheet.


I can't speak for Miss Universe MW and ME because I am not directly connected to these organizations so I do not know the politics behind them. But I can only speak for Miss International and I have every right to say so because I belong inside and I can speak with all honesty and integrity what I have seen and felt. I can say straight into the eyes of everyone that ICA does not favor Japan at Miss International, in the same way I can say straight into everyone's eyes that my family name is Diaz!

If anyone here remembers in 2012, Ikumi Yoshimatsu won the Miss International crown after breaking a deadlock. The Japanese judges, who were there, were not comfortable with the idea that a Japanese had won in Japanese soil, so it took them ONE HOUR to deliberate on it. The foreign judges were not comfortable with the idea that their votes would be invalidated because of "discomfort", and the accountant was insisting that Japan had won despite the recount... so in the end, Japan won their first crown despite the protest from Japanese judges. So there!
User avatar
XAMURAI
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.
 
Posts: 14810
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:18 am
Location: Saitama
Country: Japan (jp)
Reputation: 9759
Real Life Name/Nick: XAMURAI
Date of Birth: 01 Jul 1979
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Company Employee and Entrepreneur
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Hobbies/Interests: Basketball and Camping
Message: Do not PM me if you want to change your username.


Return to Miss Universe

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Audriene, demented_josh, EbonyJenkins, elio, France68, JosephDialt, keyss, Kimie, MaryCricy, Maximuslej, Maximusxnh, ne0n, odnalor1960, rjyuggy10, Steeler [Crawler], ThatCanadian, The.Apprentice, your_hotness

beauty queens

© Missosology's International Pageant Coverages ©
Mister Supranational Miss Eco International Mister Universal Ambassador
Mister Supranational Miss Eco International Mister Universal Ambassador
Miss Intercontinental Mister International Miss Cosmopolitan World
Miss Intercontinental Mister International Miss Cosmopolitan World
Miss Grand International Face of Beauty International Miss Supermodel Worldwide
Miss Grand International Face of Beauty International Miss Supermodel Worldwide
Mister Global Miss Supranational Miss Earth
Mister Global Miss Supranational Miss Earth
Miss International Miss World Miss Universe
Miss International Miss World Miss Universe
Man of the World World Beauty Queen Manhunt International
Man of the World World Beauty Queen Manhunt International


contact us to advertise with missosology