MISS USA 2020 // MISSISSIPPI IS MISS USA 2020 // MAJOR NEWS

Re: MISS USA 2020 // MISSISSIPPI IS MISS USA 2020

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:29 pm

Mariana Erwin wrote:
yellowyam1 wrote:You guys freaking kill me. When barber won people here were outraged and called her ugly . Now y’all talking about the new miss USA is not as strong as barber wtf? In the beauty department she is the best looking miss USA in the last 10 years. And her communication skills are amazing. Please go and watch her other videos before her USA sting the girl is very well spoken very bright and intelligent if she makes top 5 it’s her crown to lose. Please stop with she will not be a miss universe, the only two right now that can block are Canada and South Africa.
Love her or hate her she one of the strongest miss USA in the last 10 years. And that’s a fact
Y’all was complaining about how barber used her army background to win miss USA and how she was facially weak now she is this goddess? Lmao and stop comparing the two black queens they’re nothing alike
And no shade to barber she a stunning woman.
I cannot deny that Asya was great during the competition - although her evening gown walk wasn't that great and I honestly thought she was going to not make the final five. Her answers to the question, especially her ''final statement'' sealed the deal. However, her support for the Donald is one of the reasons why not all are supportive of her. Well, when people complained about Deshauna it was all because of Emanii, Chelsea, and the girls who shouldn't have clapped (although she deserved to win Miss USA and I was very happy when she won). I still remember posting back then here in Missosology while watching Miss USA that I would rather see shirtless guys than Alabama, Ohio, and Arkansas in the swimsuit competition during that year (I would've replaced them with Wisconsin, Colorado, and New Jersey).

Yeah I agree that Asya's evening gown performance was lackluster, I would have liked to see New Jersey & New York in the Top 5 instead of Alabama & Mississippi as I said on finals night before I even knew about Asya's Trump support, but I really disagree that she knocked her answers out of the park. Quite frankly, this was the weakest batch of answers in recent memory, but of the Top 5 Alabama answered best in my opinion.

I don't like her because she's a Trump supporter, but even putting that bias aside I don't think she did an objectively fabulous job all night like Cheslie and Sarah did before her, I really don't.

itsrowdy801
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Rowdy
Date of Birth: 21 Aug 1994
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Customer Service @ Travel Startup
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants, Comedy, Politics

Postby yellowyam1 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:26 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:
Mariana Erwin wrote:
yellowyam1 wrote:You guys freaking kill me. When barber won people here were outraged and called her ugly . Now y’all talking about the new miss USA is not as strong as barber wtf? In the beauty department she is the best looking miss USA in the last 10 years. And her communication skills are amazing. Please go and watch her other videos before her USA sting the girl is very well spoken very bright and intelligent if she makes top 5 it’s her crown to lose. Please stop with she will not be a miss universe, the only two right now that can block are Canada and South Africa.
Love her or hate her she one of the strongest miss USA in the last 10 years. And that’s a fact
Y’all was complaining about how barber used her army background to win miss USA and how she was facially weak now she is this goddess? Lmao and stop comparing the two black queens they’re nothing alike
I cannot deny that Asya was great during the competition - although her evening gown walk wasn't that great and I honestly thought she was going to not make the final five. Her answers to the question, especially her ''final statement'' sealed the deal. However, her support for the Donald is one of the reasons why not all are supportive of her. Well, when people complained about Deshauna it was all because of Emanii, Chelsea, and the girls who shouldn't have clapped (although she deserved to win Miss USA and I was very happy when she won). I still remember posting back then here in Missosology while watching Miss USA that I would rather see shirtless guys than Alabama, Ohio, and Arkansas in the swimsuit competition during that year (I would've replaced them with Wisconsin, Colorado, and New Jersey).

Yeah I agree that Asya's evening gown performance was lackluster, I would have liked to see New Jersey & New York in the Top 5 instead of Alabama & Mississippi as I said on finals night before I even knew about Asya's Trump support, but I really disagree that she knocked her answers out of the park. Quite frankly, this was the weakest batch of answers in recent memory, but of the Top 5 Alabama answered best in my opinion.

I don't like her because she's a Trump supporter, but even putting that bias aside I don't think she did an objectively fabulous job all night like Cheslie and Sarah did before her, I really don't.

f**k out of her with that bs the top questions were the hardest in pageants. They all answered the questions with poise and brains. Even the miss universe top 5 weren’t as strong besides South Africa. The top 5 at miss USA were very bright and it could have gone to any of the girls. And Mississippi aced both of her questions and that’s why she won
yellowyam1
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Real Life Name/Nick: nick
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1982
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: manager
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: watching beauty pageants

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:31 am

Juan Sebastian wrote:
For the record, I think the Deshauna hate was way too much and racially based, even if I was not sure how she would do, it was because the IMG era was still new and I did not know what to expect, that year was hard to predict. She was a fantastic Miss USA!

But I agree, I think for the Black girls this might be Canadas year, she is stronger than USA in every area in my opinion and my frontrunner as of now. Also South Africa if they send Shudufhadzo and Jamaica if Miqueal wins

I really don't think South Africa will win. Having one country win 3 crowns within a span of 4 years just looks bad imo.
Queen of the Clouds

Date of Birth: 18 Mar 1996
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Lawyer
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Hobbies/Interests: Fashion, music, film, politics, and parties

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:33 am

yellowyam1 wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
Mariana Erwin wrote:

f**k out of her with that bs the top questions were the hardest in pageants. They all answered the questions with poise and brains. Even the miss universe top 5 weren’t as strong besides South Africa. The top 5 at miss USA were very bright and it could have gone to any of the girls. And Mississippi aced both of her questions and that’s why she won

None of the answers this year were parody-level bad (well, Indiana awkward laughing during her very serious question didn't look great and Oklahoma was not able to end strongly on either of her questions), but saying they were the worst when comparing them to other recent answers is not controversial.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby itsrowdy801 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:38 am

yellowyam1 wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
Mariana Erwin wrote:

My point is this - she gave a good answer, but she didn't give a fantastic one. Many times, I knew as soon as someone answers, the crown is theirs. It happened for Cheslie, Sarah, Kaliegh, Deshauna, Zozi... I don't think anyone gave an answer that made me go, "yuppp its over, crown her now", that simply wasn't the case. I get your point that they were hard questions, but they were literally told the final statement topics in advance so there wasn't really any excuse for the fact that none of them wowed me in that section in particular.

Her answers was good but she wasn't miles ahead of the competition. Nobody gave a mic-drop answer. It just didn't happen.
itsrowdy801

Postby Juan Sebastian » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:32 am

Queen of the Clouds wrote:
Juan Sebastian wrote:
For the record, I think the Deshauna hate was way too much and racially based, even if I was not sure how she would do, it was because the IMG era was still new and I did not know what to expect, that year was hard to predict. She was a fantastic Miss USA!

But I agree, I think for the Black girls this might be Canadas year, she is stronger than USA in every area in my opinion and my frontrunner as of now. Also South Africa if they send Shudufhadzo and Jamaica if Miqueal wins

I really don't think South Africa will win. Having one country win 3 crowns within a span of 4 years just looks bad imo.

Oh no you are right, she will not, which is why she should maybe go to MW, she would have a better chance. My point is that she is Miss Universe material
[youtube]Dq_uy1qcO-k[/youtube][youtube]5hXShNmEc44[/youtube][youtube]tQbbdvmyjS8[/youtube]
Juan Sebastian
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: Juan Sebastian
Date of Birth: 06 Apr 1990
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Pharmacist
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: music, gambling & miss universe
Message: Like give it up at this point. It's me, I win, you lose hahahahaha

Postby cabra_chupa » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:06 pm

IS ASYA 5'3 OR 5'4?? SHE IS REALLY PETITE LIKE MOST BRITISH VIRGIN ISLAND GIRLS!

cabra_chupa
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: Student
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: Travelling

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:24 pm

cabra_chupa wrote:
IS ASYA 5'3 OR 5'4?? SHE IS REALLY PETITE LIKE MOST BRITISH VIRGIN ISLAND GIRLS!

I'm not sure. But she's definitely the shortest Miss USA we've had in awhile. She's definitely 5'5 or under, she was even one of the petite girls while competing in Miss USA, and nowadays a lot of the girls are average height. People say height doesn't matter at Miss Universe anymore, but let's not forget this new definition of "short" at Miss Universe has been ~5'7 (Demi, Iris, Zozi). Asya is not anywhere near that.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby itsrowdy801 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:54 am

cabra_chupa wrote:

I'm not sure. But she's definitely the shortest Miss USA we've had in awhile. She's definitely 5'5 or under, she was even one of the petite girls while competing in Miss USA, and nowadays a lot of the girls are average height. People say height doesn't matter at Miss Universe anymore, but let's not forget this new definition of "short" at Miss Universe has been ~5'7 (Demi, Iris, Zozi). Asya is not anywhere near that.

She said she was 5'6" in some interview, I believe it was the one with PageantryNow
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:29 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:
cabra_chupa wrote:

She said she was 5'6" in some interview, I believe it was the one with PageantryNow

She doesn't look 5'6 lol
Queen of the Clouds

Postby itsrowdy801 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:40 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:
cabra_chupa wrote:

She doesn't look 5'6 lol

She really doesn't, I was surprised when she said that. She looks tiny.
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:51 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
cabra_chupa wrote:

She doesn't look 5'6 lol

She really doesn't, I was surprised when she said that. She looks tiny.

Somebody needs to get the measuring tape out
Queen of the Clouds

Postby TheEye » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:23 am

so i hear this heffa from the south is anti LGBT. She's done! Bye Felicia!
I take no prisoners.. love me or hate me, i'm here to stay!
TheEye
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: Landon
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1980
Profession: Money Maker
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hobbies/Interests: money

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:39 am

I decided to rewatch the top five answers and I'm realizing Mississippi's answers weren't even that good @-)

She just has a good speaking voice, her second answer was too conservative for me but better than her first at least where she said a whole lot of nothing

Idaho should've won :)>-
Queen of the Clouds

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:30 am

Queen of the Clouds wrote:I decided to rewatch the top five answers and I'm realizing Mississippi's answers weren't even that good @-)

She just has a good speaking voice, her second answer was too conservative for me but better than her first at least where she said a whole lot of nothing

Idaho should've won :)>-

Oh yeah, I agree. I thought both her answers were really conservative, her first answer could be inferred by some as validating certain far-right conspiracy theories about the media when you consider her Trump support. I don't know if she meant it to imply that, but that's what a lot of people on the right discerned from that answer as I've seen on Twitter, which is extremely unfortunate.

Rewatching the pageant every time she opened her mouth, I thought to myself "how the hell didn't I see it coming that she's a Trump supporter?" Idk why I was surprised lmao. It makes me think the judges might have known exactly what they were doing.

At the end of the day, though, I don't really put too much weight into the fact that her answers were conservative. I think Kára, who y'all know that I'm not exactly a fan of, had pretty conservative answers but they were beautifully articulated, and I don't think Asya's answers packed the same punch.

And I don't really care that Asya opposes stricter gun control, I think that's an issue where I can have conversations with people who disagree with me and listen to each other. What I can't get past, however, is her apparent support of a man who opposes human rights.
itsrowdy801

Postby yellowyam1 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:48 am

Get over it she won she is going to miss universe move on already it’s annoying bitching and complaining won’t change the outcome and at lease she is very stunning
yellowyam1

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:17 pm

yellowyam1 wrote:Get over it she won she is going to miss universe move on already it’s annoying bitching and complaining won’t change the outcome and at lease she is very stunning

I don't care :)>-
Queen of the Clouds

Postby yellowyam1 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:20 pm

yellowyam1 wrote:Get over it she won she is going to miss universe move on already it’s annoying bitching and complaining won’t change the outcome and at lease she is very stunning

I don't care :)>-

Good for you
yellowyam1

Postby nycla2 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:51 pm

on the other note, Miss El Salvador slays them all. Chile, Costa Rica and El Salvador are strong latinas this year!

GUYS LET IT BE, YELLOWYAM IS MISS USA NO. 1 FAN EVEN IF SHE HATES GAYS OR "AUNTIE GAY" (GOOGLE OR LOOK UP MELANIA'S MEME ABOUT IT LOL)
LOL 8-} :)>-
nycla2
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.

Real Life Name/Nick: booyah
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1991
Profession: entrepreneur
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Hobbies/Interests: sports, music, movies and entertainment

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:06 am

nycla2 wrote:on the other note, Miss El Salvador slays them all. Chile, Costa Rica and El Salvador are strong latinas this year!

GUYS LET IT BE, YELLOWYAM IS MISS USA NO. 1 FAN EVEN IF SHE HATES GAYS OR "AUNTIE GAY" (GOOGLE OR LOOK UP MELANIA'S MEME ABOUT IT LOL)

Chile's amazing, I know they're generally a pretty weak country at Miss Universe but I love her.

I'm holding off on picking who I'm going to root for until after Mexico crowns their new queen tomorrow. If they give the crown to Chihuahua, it'll be her. I adore Andrea Meza.
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:27 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:
nycla2 wrote:on the other note, Miss El Salvador slays them all. Chile, Costa Rica and El Salvador are strong latinas this year!

Chile's amazing, I know they're generally a pretty weak country at Miss Universe but I love her.

I'm holding off on picking who I'm going to root for until after Mexico crowns their new queen tomorrow. If they give the crown to Chihuahua, it'll be her. I adore Andrea Meza.

Mexico was prerecorded. The winner already leaked.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby nycla2 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:35 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:

so who won?
nycla2

Real Life Name/Nick: booyah
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1991
Profession: entrepreneur
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Hobbies/Interests: sports, music, movies and entertainment

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:45 am

nycla2 wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:

so who won?

Check the Mexico thread on here. I don't want to spoil it for people who don't want to know and are just trying to read this thread.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby missofan705 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:30 pm

3 weeks since Asya won Miss USA... I knew she would place high, but still a surprise win for me. She is facially gorgeous but there is something about her that I found "boring". Maybe because pageantry in the USA is getting hit by the pandemic but yeah. I found Cheslie's start of reign as more interesting than Asya's. Even Deshauna, Kara and Sarah's first month as Miss USA were talked about!! :|
Last edited by missofan705 on Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PHILIPPINES! UNIVERSAL QUEENS!

MISS UNIVERSE 2015 - Pia Wurtzbach

MISS UNIVERSE 2018 - Catriona Gray
missofan705
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Real Life Name/Nick: Catriona Vanessa Ponce Gray
Date of Birth: 05 Jul 1985
Profession: Electronics Engineer
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry, Science and Writing

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:42 pm

missofan705 wrote:3 weeks since Asya won Miss USA... I knew she would place high, but still a surprise win for me. She is facially gorgeous but there is something about her that I found "boring". Maybe because pageantry in the USA is getting hit by pageantry, but yeah. I found Cheslie's start of reign as more interesting than Asya's. Even Deshauna, Kara and Sarah's first month as Miss USA were talked about!! :|

I agree but that could just be a side effect of the pandemic. She isn't able to do a proper media week like past winners, it's just been Zoom interviews from the MUO apartment. She hasn't really been able to do any appearances at all because of this. We'll see how the eventual Miss Universe handles things.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Mariana Erwin » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:25 pm

missofan705 wrote:3 weeks since Asya won Miss USA... I knew she would place high, but still a surprise win for me. She is facially gorgeous but there is something about her that I found "boring". Maybe because pageantry in the USA is getting hit by pageantry, but yeah. I found Cheslie's start of reign as more interesting than Asya's. Even Deshauna, Kara and Sarah's first month as Miss USA were talked about!! :|
She was one of my bets for the crown, given that she was a former Miss America delegate from the 2.0 era of that pageant. But yes, I do agree that her first month seems a bit stale. I've seen her say a message though to a game in Mississippi via video, so I guess her engagements (which is virtual for now) are already kicking off.

I still remember Deshauna and Kára being bashed here (with Kára being called a ''fake scientist'') and people mocking Deshauna because of the fact that she is a soldier - but I certainly believe they deserved their wins. For Sarah, no comment - the nasty ''She pretends to speak English'' thing made me disgusted, and while I liked Cheslie, I wasn't a total fan of hers.
No more bashers in 2022, please.

Also, watch Dani Walker's video to know more on how bashers can kill with their words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbYUDqSC1UM
Mariana Erwin

Date of Birth: 05 Apr 1988
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: ***********
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry
Message: Hello and welcome! Commenting on things in pageantry and critical of pageant issues.

Postby yellowyam1 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:54 am

Mariana Erwin wrote:
She was one of my bets for the crown, given that she was a former Miss America delegate from the 2.0 era of that pageant. But yes, I do agree that her first month seems a bit stale. I've seen her say a message though to a game in Mississippi via video, so I guess her engagements (which is virtual for now) are already kicking off.

I still remember Deshauna and Kára being bashed here (with Kára being called a ''fake scientist'') and people mocking Deshauna because of the fact that she is a soldier - but I certainly believe they deserved their wins. For Sarah, no comment - the nasty ''She pretends to speak English'' thing made me disgusted, and while I liked Cheslie, I wasn't a total fan of hers.

Thank you for being honest the girls you mentioned were bashed to death when they won now people are acting like they were supportive of their wins. Give me a break already and poor deshawna was bashed to death for being a soldier and for being so thin.
They’re just mad that another black woman won
yellowyam1

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:14 am

yellowyam1 wrote:
Mariana Erwin wrote:

Thank you for being honest the girls you mentioned were bashed to death when they won now people are acting like they were supportive of their wins. Give me a break already and poor deshawna was bashed to death for being a soldier and for being so thin.

Once again yellowyam speaking nonsense
Queen of the Clouds

Postby yellowyam1 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:19 am

yellowyam1 wrote:
Mariana Erwin wrote:

Once again yellowyam speaking nonsense

And you keep replying
yellowyam1

Postby itsrowdy801 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:29 am

yellowyam1 wrote:
Mariana Erwin wrote:

I promise you I would be saying the exact same things if a white Trump Supporter won this year too, but you already know that. That's not what this is about.

And I love Deshauna and Cheslie, I've never said a negative word about either of them. I get that some people have said those things, but I was not one of them, and it's not fair to implicate me for what some other assholes have done.
itsrowdy801

PreviousNext

Return to Miss Universe