██QARLO vs. MALKO: QUEENS & PAWNS - Miss Universe 2016 hotpicks

All TOP QUALITY threads of Missosology

██QARLO vs. MALKO: QUEENS & PAWNS - Miss Universe 2016 hotpicks

Postby Qarlo » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:03 pm

In many instances, an unsuspecting favorite and frontrunner are knocked off their spot by an underdog come the Miss Universe pageant and it is likely that for every frontrunner comes an underdog which could blow the frontrunners out of the water. And now, taking the role of the underdog, to my perceived frontrunners, is my frenemy Malkovich; and since we always agree to disagree about everything, we have come up with our initial hotpicks this Miss Universe season.

So, without further ado, here is our matchup – girls fighting for each spot from Miss Universe to 16th place.

COLOMBIA. The Paulina Vega effect is upon us! She I salready considered the winner by many and the only ones in denial are blind nationalistic fantards. Andrea is simply the most-awaited contestant this year and expect everything she does will be under the microscope. She is simply a rocktstar and she is destined to win the crown!

ARGENTINA. Argentina's Estefania Bernal is a vixen. This beauty from Buenos Aires has the air of a 1960s supermodel; classic, unassuming, not done before (or at least in many years), compare her with Colombia's Andrea Tovar, who we've all seen before. Just like the Miss Universes of the Trump Era; fierce, confident, we've all seen this type of beauty queen before. We have not seen a girl like Estefania in many years in any major international pageant and Argentina has not won Miss Universe since 1962. Estefania is the beauty queen that the Miss Universe Organization needs for 2016/2017. Like Rosalyn Sanchez said last year, "The judges are looking for the type of young lady that you'd see on the red carpet and say, of course that's Miss Universe", what do you think? Is Argentina the next Miss Universe?

BRAZIL. Magnetic! Raissa has a strong presence that captivates any unwary spectator. Even super beauties and demigoddesses fade in the background whenever in a single pic with this sassy Brasileira. It goes to show how one's it factor can outweigh the beautiful outright!

ARUBA. Charlene Leslie of Aruba is stunnnnning. She reminds me of Miss Hawaii USA 2016 and 1st RU at Miss USA 2016, Chelsea Hardin. She has the body, fit and tight with curves in all the right places; she has the smile, so effervescent and bright that it could light up all the lights in the Philippines; and she has the confidence. She has everything it takes to be Aruba's first Miss Universe. Compare her to Raissa Santana, who is so in your face that it can be a bit overwhelming. I think the MUO will be looking for a Miss Universe who is much more under the radar, like Charlene.

FRANCE. Iris has this certain pizzazz on stage that her predecessors lacked in spite of their top-notch beauty which, I think, was the reason France still hasn't captured the Miss Universe crown again since Christiane Martel in the 50s. She is easily the best girl from Europe and there is no other choice but her if ever the org would want a rightful winner from the said continent.

BELGIUM. Stephanie Geldhof is Miss Belgium and I wasn't paying much attention to her until she arrived in Manila. With a fresh, youthful look, Stephanie has surprised me and I think will continue to surprise more people as the pageant progresses. A girl with less pressure on her is likely to do well as well; compared to Iris Mittenaere who is such a frontrunner that it is perhaps getting the best of her. We will see on January 29/30 what the MUO will appreciate more.

UKRAINE. Alena was a diamond in the rough but people were enamored with how she turned out to be a demigoddess. A blank canvas is now an expensive work of art. Thanks to the team behind her as they really packaged her like a winner. After all, Ukraine is already due for a Miss Universe crown and this could finally be the moment they have all been waiting for.

SLOVAK REPUBLIC. Miss Slovak Republic, Zuzana Kollarova, perhaps has the most sex appeal to any candidate competing this year. She is amazingly stunning, fiery, and sexy. With beautiful long legs, an amazing smile, and a great looking presentation, I expect Zuzana to pull a surprise. Alena Spodynyuk is on the other side of the spectrum; both have the face but there is a different way that they project their sexiness; Zuzana has more oomph while Alena is more classy, but classy to the point where it's almost unnoticeable.

INDONESIA. Baked to perfection. Her last weeks of training did pay off and we now see more air of confidence in her. Keke could take on any complexion. She is a delicate porcelain doll when fair but an exotic beauty with her sun-kissed tan. She is easily the best in Asia with her commanding height and stage presence. Moreover, her countrymen's enthusiasm could just make Indonesia the new rising Asian Powerhouse.

MALAYSIA. Malaysia has not placed at the Miss Universe pageant since 1970 and they have a great bet with Kiran Jassal. Kiran is sweet, bubbly, and a stunner. She has everything that it takes to bring Malaysia back to the semis after 46 years. Let's compare her to Miss Indonesia, Kezia Warouw, who has arrived to the Philippines with a tan so bad, people are suspecting that she has been a victim of sabotage. Kezia has perhaps taken a note out of the books of beauty queens of the past, and looks overcooked while Kiran has arrived to be herself, and when I see Kiran, I like what I see.

AUSTRALIA. This sweet Aussie lass has this squeaky Fran Drescher voice but do not be mistaken! She is blonde and bold! This super beauty is here to steal the thunder from everyone and leave the unguarded down under. Another country due for a Miss Universe crown, Caris would be a deserving follow up to our current Miss Universe.

SPAIN. The last time Spain won Miss Universe was in 1974 which was, coincidentally, held in Manila. This year's Miss Spain is Noelia Friere, who has this understated beauty. She is a silent killer certainly and is very different from the Miss Spain's of the past, such as the disaster last year and the goddesses Desire Cordero and Patricia Rodriguez in the years before that. Australia's Caris Tiivel is just like every other Miss Australia, a bubbly beach beauty, and while that's not so bad, it's nice to see diversity. Noelia is something new, something we haven't seen in a long time like most of the candidates on my list.

USA. It is just me or does Deshauna seemed like a black Pia Wurtzbach at times? From the subtle fierceness to the unassertive persona of these MUO sisters, Deshauna’s decade-long pageant career could also take off to new heights as a likely Miss Universe with her feet still firm on the ground.

CANADA Canada's Siera Bearchell isn't a fucking mess, there I said it. The Miss USA pageant is usually one of the strongest pageants each year, with some fierce competition and 2016 was no different. How in the hell did Deshauna walk away with the crown, there was Chelsea of Hawaii, Emanii of Georgia, who would've been hands down my winners had they gone to Miss Universe, but no, the Americans are stuck with Deshauna like they are stuck with Donald Trump. I will give Deshauna this, she has a nice personality and being in the Army Reserves is impressive, but she puts very little effort into fashion and physical beauty, and her body is awful; Siera on the other hand has come prepared, with a healthy looking body, and I think it's time for Canada to reenter the semis while the USA might need to sit this one out. (Fun Fact: The last Miss District of Columbia USA to win Miss USA before 2016 was Shauntay Hinton in 2002, and we all know how she did at Miss Universe.)

MEXICO. We could never get enough of Kristal and she would not be deterred until she wins a major title for her country. The attributes of Miss Universe titleholders from her country she also possess - fierce-looking with a sweet demeanor; like sugar and spice! She was and will always be a frontrunner to every pageant she's competing at.

HONDURAS. Miss Honduras, Sirey Moran, is the most adorable contestant this year. And I don't mean adorable in a bad way, I think she's in The Philippines to win. She has undeniable beauty, presence that no one can ignore, and a body that kills. Kristal Silva, on the other hand, of Mexico is so overdone. Having competed in beauty pageants for years, this is her second pageant in the Philippines alone, it shows that Kristal has been through the ringer and, while preparation would usually serve a candidate well, I feel that Kristal's zenith is likely behind her. Sirey Moran is at her peak right now, and is ready to slay.

THAILAND. Sultry Chalita has lots of that asian sex appeal and it certainly is a plus as beauty, alone, could get people bored easily. She is always on point so far and if she continues to be consistent, she might just walk away with everything, including to top plum.

VIETNAM. Miss Vietnam is Dang Thi Le Hang and, like most of the girls on my list (duh, this is the underhyped list) she is overlooked. I don't know why, she is extremely consistent, beautiful, has an amazing smile, is fashionable, has all the qualities it takes to avenge the blasphemy that is Huong Pham's exclusion last year, as well as bring pride to Vietnam by being only the second Miss Vietnam to make the semis ever at Miss Universe. Miss Thailand, on the other hand, is on everyone's lists. She arrived slaying, but Chalita is inconsistent which worries me. Vietnam is more consistently beautiful than Thailand, who can look rough at times.

VENEZUELA. Venezuela is Venezuela. Just when we thought her country is in crisis, the team behind La Habach just gave their all on their last hurrah of the pageant season. We'll never know what is in store for us but as always, a Venezuelan queen would always bring it up a notch. After all, only Osmel could conquer the universe (crown) under all circumstances.

PUERTO RICO. Puerto Rico's Brenda Jimenez is certainly a controversial figure, both on the island and off it. The main complaint Puerto Ricans have about her is that she is basic and teeny bopper, and doesn't stand out from the crowd. I hear that (I actually don't think she's THAT bad) but what is worse? Teeny bopper or milf? Mariam Habach of Venezuela was so hyped before arrivals and disappointed when she got to Manila; looking, frankly, like a 40 year old morphine addict. Brenda arrived looking like a high school student, but really, what is worse?

PHILIPPINES. Maxine is a breath of fresh air among the past Filipina reps to the Miss Universe pageant with her oriental looks; and though she has always been a hit or miss, there is just no stopping her with all the trainings she's been getting upto the last minute. If all else still fails, she still has the homecourt advantage and a cohort of fans ready to make noise and do some serious damage.

SINGAPORE. Remember what I said before about a girl with less hype and less pressure is more likely to do well? Well here is the scenario where that could not be more obvious. Very few are paying attention to Singapore's Cheryl Chou, who has arrived to Manila looking fresh, fashionable, and like a contender. Compare her to Maxine Medina of the Philippines with her lackluster communication skills, underwhelming presentation (she looks like Pia Wurtzbach's assistant), and complete overhype, and we see who really has what it takes. Cheryl is a new take on the Asian Miss Universe contestant, while Maxine provides absolutely nothing new. This cycle of Miss Universe, I'm rooting for something different and I think we all should.

NETHERLANDS. Zoey is embracing the afro look and it is just the right balance to her unconventional European beauty. With the right gown to her towering height, spontaneity and, at times, campy attitude, she could certainly win the hearts of many, including the judges.

ITALY. Like Argentina, Italy's Sophia Sergio is a classic beauty, and has classic movie star looks. Zoey Ivory, Miss Netherlands, on the other hand looks like every model in the industry now in 2016/2017. It's so done over and it's so old that I think (and perhaps some of you agree with me) a return to the classics is needed. And I think Sophia is one of the girls that can bring Casablanca style beauty back. I'm keeping my eye on her.

DOMINICAN REPUBLIC. Sal is determined to be at the Miss Universe pageant no matter what the obstacles are; and although it was thought to be another Magali publicity stint, it was, actually, a selfless deed as she easily raised funds, not only to reassure participation to the pageant, but also for a good cause in order for this bullied girl to proudly represent her country. Tall and statuesque with a good story to tell, expect this glamazon's name to be called from one round to another.

HAITI. Raquel Pellesier of Haiti has a great backstory. Due to financial mismanagement, she had to start a Gofundme page to raise money in order for her to compete at Miss Universe and I am sure she is not going to squander her chances. She has arrived ready to compete and is looking fierce. Dominican Republic is represented by Rosalba Garcia who also had to start a Gofundme page in order to compete, but something happened with Rosalba. Long ago my favorite, Rosalba has become overcooked, leading to the rise of a freshfaced, untested Miss Haiti.

SIERRA LEONE. This pageant debutant, Hawa, packed her bags with only hopes and dreams in making it far and could hardly compete this year but look how far she has gone! She is now fully-equipped and as an adopted daughter of pinoy pageant fans, she will get all the love and support she deserves as this down-to-earth candidate with lotsa love to give to everyone could also win the precious congeniality award and make it far in the competition with flying colors.

KENYA. Miss Kenya is Scarlet Were and she has been a favorite of mine from the beginning. I don't understand how she is so overlooked. I keep on repeating the importance of classicality and Scarlet has it. Sierra Leone's Hawa Kamara, while cute, can be hoochy (did you see those pics of her bending over by the pool?) while Scarlet has the air of intelligence and class.

TURKEY. One of the most beautiful faces ever crowned from her country, Tansu could bring her country, Turkey, to a nice comeback in the top 15. Every wisp of her beautiful hair and the sight of her serene beauty are all there to leave a lasting impression to both pageant fans and judges alike. Arguably the face of the pageant this year.

GREAT BRITAIN. Great Britain's Jamie Lee Faulkner also looks like a supermodel of years past; chic and beautiful with a banging body, Jamie Lee has come to bring the (surprisingly) first crown back home to Great Britain and I think we all have to admit she is slaying. She has a gorgeous face, but so does Turkey's Tansu Cakir, but there difference between the two is that Tansu is a bit cold and quiet while Jamie Lee seems much more bubbly and perhaps will be able to stand out more.

CURACAO. This girl has killer movies on stage and that face that seemed naive and sweet will put the fierce on the least we expect it. Probably the best of the Caribbean this year, Chanelle will cast her spell and turn nonbelievers to zealots as the pageant night approaches.

PERU. Valeria Piazza is Miss Peru and, after the blasphemous shut out of Laura Spoya from the semis last year (right RMadrid?) perhaps it is Valeria's charge to bring Peru back to the semis. She has a beautiful face, great styling (and an amazing national costume) and a great team behind her. Also, Peru is (apparently) interested in hosting the next Miss Universe pageant so that may help her chances. Compare her to Curacao's Chanelle de Lau who was one of my favorites before arrivals. Chanelle arrived and disappointed many, but Valeria is building momentum.

Sometimes, girls can surprise and take the heavy favorites out. It's important that we don't base our own picks just based on pure hype. Malko and I's own personal lists have both queens and pawns, but in all the noise that is Miss Universe season, it is important to take a good look at everyone and remember that, sometimes, the best gems are often hidden.
Do you agree with our lists? Who do you think wins the matchup?

(click image)
Qarlo
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 06 Aug 1980
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: pet groomer
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: cats & dogs
Message: The foundations of freedom are edged on solid ground.

Re: ██QARLO vs. MALKO: QUEENS & PAWNS - Miss Universe 2016 h

Postby RMadrid » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:41 am

Lots of strong solid girls
But also a lot of clappers like Canada & Honduras
RMadrid
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 2061
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: student
Hobbies/Interests: (: :)

Postby freddie26 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:24 am

Wow! This is a great read. First and foremost, I would like to say that I really missed your thread Qarlo. This is something that I longed for quite some time now. You remained to be as my favorite PE.

I truly like the concept. It is true that underdogs may at times spoil a possible placement of a certain favorite. As I go through your thread, I can't help but feel sad once again about what had happened to DEBORAH HENRY and PAULINA KRUPINSKA. The exclusion of these two ladies really frustrates me the most. But as pageant fans and expectators, we all know that beauty pageants nowadays are not only about beauty alone. Do I need to say more? I prefer not to because it may already sound cliche.

Miss Singapore is my sentimental favorite. I somehow appreciate this write up for at least recognizing the potential of this underhyped beauty. Remember, that a pawn may sometimes beat a queen in a chess game. This makes a pageant less predictable and more exciting.

Kudos Qarlo and to Malko. >:D< >:D< >:D<
freddie26
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: fred
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: teacher
Hobbies/Interests: reading

Postby freddie26 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:36 am

>:D<
freddie26

Real Life Name/Nick: fred
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: teacher
Hobbies/Interests: reading

Postby Audriene » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:20 pm

I cant decide between Kenya and Sierra Leone they're both deserving.
Audriene
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: Auring
Date of Birth: 02 Feb 1992
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Electronics Engineer
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: Designing Semiconductors, Movies

Postby Miss Universe 1000 B.C » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:19 pm

Miss Universe 1000 B.C
BEAUTY EXPERTS have very GOOD TASTE in beauty.
BEAUTY EXPERTS have very GOOD TASTE in beauty.

Real Life Name/Nick: SHAYNAH MARÍA HERRERA
Date of Birth: 20 Feb 1924
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: GODDESS OF BEAUTY
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty, Magic, Divination, Occultism, Mysticism

Return to SEAL OF EXCELLENCE