THE DUCHESS | Miss Gwand 2019 FINAL LIST

THE DUCHESS | Miss Gwand 2019 FINAL LIST

Postby The Duchess » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:37 am

Miss Gwand INTERNATIONAL 2019
FINAL PREDICTION

Hello everybody, Duchess here. Now, I have very conflicting feeling about Miss Gwand and it is because I feel it is a pageant with a lot of potential but really volatile management. I do not see, for the life of me, understand how a pageant can self-proclaim itself the 3rd most important pageant in the world… without even having a decade and two dethronements! And most importantly I don’t understand how the owner of an international pageant not only picks fights with other pageant (pageants with higher rank I might add) but also with pageant fanatics. The level of unprofessionalism being displayed and coming from Nawat is completely unacceptable to me and it hurts his pageants more than he understands. Dethroning an assumed winner (or any punishment what so ever) 4 years after the fact just because she has hopes of participating in a competing pageant to me has always spoken of insecurity. Miss International liked Valerie Hernandez’s pictures when she wanted to participate in MUPR, winners of smaller pageants are not dethroned for participating in bigger pageants. My God, it’s ridiculous. So, does that mean Madison Anderson Berrios and Vartika Singh are personas non gratas to MGI because they are participating this year? Miss me with that. And that goes for every pageant, it speaks of insecurity to reprimand a person for going after their goals.

A person is not greedy for wanting to better themselves or have new goals, hell, some women are perfect for more than one pageant. You think Edymar Martinez couldn’t win a Miss Universe or Miss World? You think Stephanie del Valle (Not saying shed win, save your sass this week) would go clap in Miss Universe? Do you think Aishwarya Rai would not demolish Miss Universe? And if they recognize that suddenly they are greedy? Please.

I also find it absolutely unacceptable the treatment Eva Psychee Patalinjug received by the owner of this pageant this past year. How come I, a person of the internet with no money nor pageant, have been able to hold my composure against filipinos (not all filipinos, but the angry filipinos) better than a International Director? Most importantly, without dragging a candidate that had nothing to do with that fight WHILE spreading bs comments about how she was the worst? It BLOWS my mind. If I were the Binibini Org. I would not send a SINGLE girl to that pageant until he himself apologized publicly for what was an obvious unprofessional.

And lastly in my rant, and trust me there’s plenty of pageant related rants from me right now, I do not understand who is his right mind will make a pageant in Venezuela on 2019. And this is not in any way a dig at Venezuela or the Venezuelan country, but this is about being absolutely realistic here. Venezuela is in the middle of a presidential crisis. I shouldn’t even have to elaborate on that, it’s obvious. Venezuela right now has a problem of resources, a problem of security and even a problem of electricity. How can MGI truly ensure the safety of the candidates, specially ones from countries that don’t even recognized Maduro as his presidents? The candidates from countries from which Maduro is literally beefing with? I understand the advocacy of this pageant is Peace (don’t even get me started on this) but how is the pageant going to help Venezuela reach peace? Will the organization deliver food and medicine to the people that are literally starving and sick? I don’t know man; I don’t even know what to say.

That is what I wrote a week ago, but after this week I do have to add the silver lining to hosting this pageant on the magnificent Venezuela.
The reality is that Venezuela is an amazing country with amazing people and these activities such as National Costume, preliminaries and such have just showed other countries just how fun the people are. The girl looked like they enjoyed everything, the audience participated along with the contestants and most importantly the Poliedro de Caracas got to light up once again with the beauty of a pageant. I will always remember just how beautiful the atmosphere looks on the screen while I watch the events, and I hope that when their situation is better we can finally bring a Miss Universe is better. Because the warmth and passion for pageants that Venezuela has needs to be rewarded. I personally just wished that the same way Nawat provided an amazing show for my beautiful brothers, he would have also perhaps provided other things too. Things that could help them more than a pageant

I feel like Miss Gwand has the amazing potential to be so much more than it is right now, the format and mold is very similar to Miss Universe. It is pretty entertaining and I remember the first year the news in my country used to talk about how good Janelee was doing in her reign. So much potential but unfortunately is full of problematic key members so we can’t do anything about that. I will still follow it this year because my dear Hazel Ortiz decided to participate here and I honestly want her to do well. Plus Miss Earth and Miss Gwand are literally going to be back-to-back and less than 12 hours between them.

Now watching the Preliminary Competition, it becomes VERY clear to me that the crown is between 5 girls, that’s it. And it’s not necessarily that the batch is weak but because these 5 girls honestly just DEMOLISHED those prelims. And yes… All of those girls are Latinas. Unfortunally for other continents Miss Gwand is one of the pageants where Latinas just BRING IT and this year is no exception. There is not a single European that came close to them in performance, even the audience knows. Africans did good but not better than those 5 and Thailand was the one who had real chances of crowns yet she decided to be extra. Now, if she can manage to actually do a normal performance; she could be a contender. But until she does, I’m afraid she let go the great opportunity of actually winning a preliminary event.

So I will only talk about those five girls because honestly, I’m not going to waste your time nor mine; truly these are the girls who should be the winners period. Like, fight me hahaha. But I will mention the rest of my Top, just without comments. IF something has to be said about something about a girl I’ll mention it, but the main focus is my Top 5.

Miss Gwand INTERNATIONAL 2019: BRAZIL (MARJORIE MARCELLE)
Oh Brazil Brazil, how beautiful and amazing are your women and how gorgeous do they look on stage. I am honestly in awe as to how much Marjorie has evolve through the months, I remember back when she was crown and how she looked on Wednesday. Now Marjorie was not my winner in her national pageant and to be honest I wasn’t excited for her for a long time. I didn’t find it as good as everyone was but with the months and the polishing she has received, I have to say she has won me over. She has a beautiful face which doesn’t need a lot of makeup to look that beautiful, which is always a good thing. Her body is amazing, as it is to be expected from a Brazilian and hopefully, she has improved her catwalk because what she really needed was that polishing. That was all. The best part of her improvement is honestly how the softened her look and styling, her hair looks lighter in some pictures which brings a lot of light to her face. I honestly have to applaud her transformation, to me now she is my winner for that crown. The only thing I didn’t like about her was her dress, it made her look so much bigger than she is; hell she has the best body. I really really hope they get to change it because I haaaaate how that dress makes her look even if she knew how to walk around in it.

1ST RUNNER UP: VENEZUELA (LOURDES VALENTINA FIGUERA)
Venezuela is Venezuela and she has been reminding you since this competition started and she bitch-slapped her deniers on that preliminary. My god, does that woman know how to work that stage and the fact that the pageant is happening in her home country is that extra boost of confidence. Ask Denise Quinones what it felt to be crowned in her island, I see videos myself and get chills from the top of my head to the bottom of my legs. Now the reason I don’t put Hazel in this position is because I think they will keep Valentina until that top 2, whether it’s by her performance or the fact that she is the homegirl. I really don’t know how the Venezuelan public would react to Valentina being 4th Runner Up or something. But the reality is that Valentina has everything to get into that Top 3 easily because even if Osmel kinda ruin some of her facial harmony thanks to surgeries she makes up for in performance and energy. I have to say that another interesting outcome would be to finally see a Venezuela-Puerto Rico Top 2 on Venezuelan soil, both of these girls are heavy fan favorites and have momentum. But could Puerto Rico win in that scenario or could Valentina win on her own home, either way that Top 2 would be great TV in Latin America let me tell you.

2ND RUNNER UP: PUERTO RICO (HAZEL MARIE ORTIZ MENDEZ)
This is not the same Hazel I saw live in June, this is a whole new woman and I NEVER thought I would actually say that she could win this. But she actually can. Hazel has evolved into this flavorful yet conscious woman who knows when and how to peak, she has so MUCH momentum and the Venezuelan public is in love with her. She has improved her body, she has improved her styling, her catwalk and her communication skills are BETTER THAN EVER. I am just in such shock as to just how much Hazel has improved in such short time, she absolutely grows on that stage and owns it even with her short height. Like WHERE WAS THIS HAZEL IN JUNE?! I think she could have also gone to Miss International because she has great conversational skills, but alas she went go to Miss Gwand. And she has been doing so good I can’t even process it correctly. she will get on that Top 20, and she will get on that Top 10 and she will get in that Top 5 because she is to me unstoppable given her performance this morning. What will keep her away from the crown? The fact that Latinas keep winning, and that is gonna be the same impediment for all the Latinas. AND also, honestly just how the others perform. But let me tell you my dear missiologists, If you let Hazel get close to a mic, it will be game over for MANY girls because she is an absolute monster on the mic. And even if Miss Gwand is not all about Communication Skills, she is so good that it’s almost impossible not to reward her for it. It’s almost impossible not to become a fan. So if you don’t want Hazel close to the Crown, don’t let her get close to the mic. I don’t want whining if she wins because she opened her mouth, remember this.

3RD RUNNER UP: PERU (CAMILA NAMIE ESCRIBENS)
How dares Peru? How dare she come and look so absolutely amazing that Peru actually has a chance at its second crown? Who gave you the right, Camila? Honestly Camila will be a force to reckon with on that final night, ya’ll should really worry. She is stunning and has given me one of the best performances on the Miss Gwand stage, I would not be anywhere near surprised if she goes further than this. Now what may be her stepping stone could be that final question and I am a bit worried because I actually haven’t seen her answer much in that area. But again, if Ariska could win when there were better answers… Camila or anyone else can too. All I got to say is that between Brazil and Peru, me and my body are not having the best relationship today HAHAH they are gorgeous. I love love love that dress, my god, I cannot handle how gorgeous it is and its breaking my mind just how good she looked in it. My Lord.

4TH RUNNER UP: MEXICO (MARIA MALO JUVERA RAIMOND KEDIHAC)
So, this is the thing… I like Maria and I thought she came into the competition with a lot of momentum but to me she has been left behind by the other’s momentum. Puerto Rico basically skyrocketed in popularity, Venezuela swept the prelims and SS show, Peru came out of nowhere and Brasil has keep her momentum going. Like the focus kinda left her, but she has still done pretty good in my opinion she will still be in the Top 5. She had a very good prelim but there were 2 things I did not like about her preliminary: Her opening in swimsuit and her dress. Her opening in swimsuit to me was so unnecessary and I don’t understand why they all try to be so extra on stage. It’s fun for crowd interaction but if you want to get points, you need to look polished. Also I think that hair whip wasn’t exactly on her best interest it really gave her a weird body shape anyway hahahaha. Like if you want to add a bit of extra, fiiine, but let’s find a different more elegant way. Now for her dress I really hope it’s not true that they cannot change their final dress because to me Mexico’s dress says NOTHING to me. I would have used the red dress she used for the photoshoot, this one is honestly pretty boring to me and it doesn’t even do much for her.

POSSIBLE CONTENDERS FOR THE TOP 5 (wouldn’t give them the crown though):

THAILAND (ARAYHA SUPARUK)

Okay so, I personally do not appreciate this candidate at all just like I do not appreciate a woman publicly body shamming another. I specially don’t appreciate a candidate who mocks the reigning Miss Universe, who is still the Highest-ranking pageant, when she is trying to win a pageant that speaks of peace. Guess that peace does not apply nor extent to other pageant. So I want to fully put a disclaimer that I actually do not have this candidate anywhere near an international crown because whether she did this to be funny or because she really meant it… even if she did it because she got “caught up” in the moment… it does speak to me a lot about character. So, I want to respectfully let my feelings be known that I do not endorse this candidate but I also recognize that between performance and the obvious points she may have gained with that stunt she will probably place extremely high. Now for objectivity I will say that she is pretty, and has good stage presence that matches really well with the Miss Gwand. And her best feature is honestly her body, she is beautifully proportioned and not too toned which looks great on her. So, I do think performance-wise she will do very well; possibly well enough to place on the Top 10. I personally wish she toned down the gestures on the catwalk but to be fair her national pageant was from beginning to end full of “extra” moments. And she could have won the whole prelim if she just stopped being so damn extra, it was annoying. And change her dress.

PANAMA (CARMEN IRINA DREYTON)

UNITED STATES (EMILY IRENE DELGADO)

REST OF THE TOP 10:
VIETNAM (NYUGEN HA KIEU LOAN)

MYANMAR (HMWE THET LWIN)

REST OF TOP 20:
SPAIN (AINARA DE SANTAMARIA VILLAMOR)

COLOMBIA (GENESIS ANDREA QUINTERO PEREZ)

SOUTH AFRICA (BELINDE BELLA SCHREUDER)

PARAGUAY (MILENA MONTSERRAT RODRIGUEZ CORONEL)

DOMINICAN REPUBLIC (STEPHANIE LIZ BUSTAMANTE RODRIGUEZ)

CUBA (ELAINE GONZALEZ)

PHILIPPINES (SAMANTHA ASHLEY LO)

NETHERLANDS (MARGARETHA EMMA DE JONG)

CZECH REPUBLIC (MARIA BOICHENKO)

AUSTRALIA (TAYLOR MARLENE CURRY)

Bubbling Up: ECUADOR, IRELAND (Crowd Favorite), GUADALOUPE (Love her)

The Duchess
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 01 Sep 1995
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Costume Design
Hobbies/Interests: Arts, Music, Literature

Re: THE DUCHESS | Miss Gwand 2019 FINAL LIST

Postby hokuto1129 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:48 am

Ate Duchess, this ain't Miss Latina Grand International right? Just kidding.

Glad that you put Philippines in your top 20 although she's very late and missed almost half of the pre pageant activities. Thanks.
Last edited by hokuto1129 on Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
PHILIPPINES is a legit Powerhouse in Beauty Pageant. Haters, deal with it!
hokuto1129
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 21 Nov 1980
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: banker
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: listening to music, watching movies

Postby The Duchess » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:59 am

hokuto1129 wrote:Ate Duchess, this ain't Miss Latina Grand International right? Just kidding.

Glad that you put Philippines in your top 10 although she's very late and missed almost half of the pre pageant activities. Thanks.

Not my fault Latinas are the ones bringing it =;))
The Duchess

Date of Birth: 01 Sep 1995
Profession: Costume Design
Hobbies/Interests: Arts, Music, Literature

Postby TheGenuineBeauty » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:24 pm

Good predictions. This competition is going to be soooo nerve racking. One more hour to go, I cannot wait. While my pick is for Hazel to win, at this point I just want her to at least get in the Top 5 so that she can take home a crown. Brazil and Peru have been my favorites since the beginning. Venezuela surprised me. At first she was a downgrade from last year's representative but she has proved me and the haters wrong. However I wouldn't be surprised if she gets scrutinized for winning though. Anyways I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!
PUERTO RICO REBORN

2018: Kiara Ortega (Top 5)
2019: Madison Anderson (1st RU)
2020: Estefania Soto (Top 10)
2021: Michelle Colon (Top 10)
2022: Ashley Cariño (TBA)
TheGenuineBeauty
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Date of Birth: 24 Jul 1996
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: Reading
Message: Promote what you love instead of attacking what you hate.

Return to Miss Grand International