Question of the Day

Forum rules
Welcome to Missosology! RULES: Freedom of speech allowed but 1. NO CROSSING LIMITS AS DIRECT RACIST REMARKS, NUDE OR VIOLENT PICS. 2. NO SPAMMING/FLOODING 3. NO ADVERTISING 4. NO BLACKMAILING/VIOLATING/DIVULGING PRIVACY/personal infos of members as posting their real life pic/real life name without their consent. 5. NO AVENGING/ATTACKING MEMBERS ON THEIR PHYSICAL LOOKS 6. NO REPUTATION BUTTON ABUSE. Any question, feel free to post in the Help Desk section till a Moderator/Admin responds. HAVE FUN!

Question of the Day

Postby Specialfx » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:25 pm

Should titleholders be given a lifetime-free pass, to attend the same pageant they once won?

Specialfx
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 18 Aug 1974
Profession: Photographer
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Hobbies/Interests: Costume making, Photography and modeling
Message: I don't Belive in working hard in life, I work smart and still get the job done.

Re: Question of the Day

Postby esperasave » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:00 pm

Specialfx wrote:Should titleholders be given a lifetime-free pass, to attend the same pageant they once won?

It depends who the owners, sponsors, managements, organizers and stuffs. Even the key players in an organization changes which means they are under new management and that's usually being said when it happens. In short, it's unlikely that they would always be invited and besides, it's a social etiquette not to be. People will gonna feel intimated with your presence all the time. As such, people would think that they are not good enough to be there and you are better than them.
esperasave
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: esperas
Date of Birth: 30 Aug 1973
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: medical
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: internet surfing
Message: Keep believing in the power of beauty in the human person

Postby Prozac » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:07 pm

Specialfx wrote:Should titleholders be given a lifetime-free pass, to attend the same pageant they once won?

Not necessarily, but people would love to see and feel their presence gracing the affair. It is not obligatory,
but I would really love past winners to come out and be counted and witness the crowning of the new queen.
They don't even need an invitation. It is a free pass and having that kind of thinking becomes an annual
habit of fun, beauty, and friendly competition. And there are still few reasons:

1. Everybody loves a star-studded affair. It is like who's who in the pageant firmament.
2. Their presence is adding more glamour and glitz.
3. Seeing them gives the impression of continued support to the organization.
4. Gracing the affair is an added attraction and will lure fans to queue in the box office and spend their
hard-earned money. It is good for business then.
5. It shows camaraderie and sisterhood.
6. The event shows class, elegance, and pulchritude.
7. It shows assistance to the organization's cause and their belief in their vision and mission.
8. Gathering of high-profiled people shows clout, the event is celebrated, illustrious, and legendary.
9. It is entertaining. Even invited guests to make intermission numbers should be the best in their craft.
10. Even judges should be the creme de la creme, haut monde, and toast of the town.

It is the most awaited event of the year, it would be foolish for the past winners not to see, and be
seen TAMBIEN.
Prozac

Real Life Name/Nick: Butch
Date of Birth: 16 Mar 2016
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Hospital Worker
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: bully buster, fake news antidote
Message: If you see bizarre behaviors in you, seek professional help.

Postby esperasave » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:36 am

Prozac wrote:

Not necessarily, but people would love to see and feel their presence gracing the affair. It is not obligatory,
but I would really love past winners to come out and be counted and witness the crowning of the new queen.
They don't even need an invitation. It is a free pass and having that kind of thinking becomes an annual
habit of fun, beauty, and friendly competition. And there are still few reasons:

1. Everybody loves a star-studded affair. It is like who's who in the pageant firmament.
4. Gracing the affair is an added attraction and will lure fans to queue in the box office and spend their
7. It shows assistance to the organization's cause and their belief in their vision and mission.
8. Gathering of high-profiled people shows clout, the event is celebrated, illustrious, and legendary.
9. It is entertaining. Even invited guests to make intermission numbers should be the best in their craft.
10. Even judges should be the creme de la creme, haut monde, and toast of the town.

It is the most awaited event of the year, it would be foolish for the past winners not to see, and be
seen TAMBIEN.

The question of the day is about the same title holder that will grace the event yearly until forever she will live. It means to say again, are you in favor for the same girl, lady or woman to attend the functions yearly to eternity.
esperasave

Postby Prozac » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:17 am

esperasave wrote:
Prozac wrote:

seen TAMBIEN.

The question of the day is about the same title holder that will grace the event yearly until forever she will live. It means to say again, are you in favor for the same girl, lady or woman to attend the functions yearly to eternity.

I saw past editions of Binibining Pilipinas where it was customary or it became a tradition that past winners assembled in
Araneta to watch the show. Some of them were given the task to come up the stage and give the sash for special awards.
And there are some who didn't do anything at all, just sit and watch the proceedings. But everybody was happy and it was
just like a reunion of sorts to some of them. Just the mere presence is enough, and these ladies obliged by giving their time.
I saw beauty queens who became an annual fixture in the event. And we can't fault them for that. They are part of the
organization's history of winners.
Prozac

Postby beautywatchnyc » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:41 am

The relevant social questions have mostly been answered by noted respondents above. But the financial parameters have not been duly covered. As it is the norm, beauty queen's reign and privileges usually lapse after a year of reign is over. Who then shall pay for her airfare, hotel accommodation and billeting, security and safety during the period of travel in a foreign destination, health and medical insurance during her visit, the logistical requirement such as manpower, airport meet and transfer and inland transport during the duration of the pageant? There are related expenses incurred administratively -- from the minute the past queen is listed through later when contact is established for her to grace the pageant night finale, i.e. visa fees, tel. calls, e-mail, etc.. Is the past beauty queen removed from the inconvenience of such incumbrance? If the answer is no, will the search organization defray the burden of cost as might be required for the invite to materialize? These cost items equate to hard cash which the organization might find lacking in its coffers? Say, if five of the past winners are invited and are able to come, the cost in $ units can multiply exponentially! Go figure, if 10 more queens have manifested their interest to attend - - total expenditures could be staggering! imagine that!
beautywatchnyc
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.

Location: New York City (former) now residing in the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, SW5
Real Life Name/Nick: david
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: HR Consultancy, Professional Cooking
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing D Net Cooking Travel Reading Pho2graphy

Postby Prozac » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:50 am

I was once privy to the finals of a male pageant when I was vacationing, I was a friend of the organizer so I get
the behind the scenes dirt, and witness what was going on. In the finals, a lot of previous winners came to grace
the show, so I was intrigued to ask the organizer, "are you giving them some kind of honorarium, a gratuity
compensation, or a talent fee perhaps for showing up here?" I almost fall from my chair when the organizer said:
"No they come on their own", was his curt reply.

"Seriously?" I was still a doubting Thomas. And my friend gave me a litany of reasons why they showed up without
any tip or financial reward. First of all the pageant was held in Manila, and all the past winners came from Manila
and the neighboring cities. They showed up spending their money or their managers'. We didn't worry about their
plane tickets, their hotel accommodations, travel expenses, their formal attire, etc. They came straight from their
homes and not a five star hotel.

So what's the catch? I asked. Well coming here they will rub elbows with the candidates, movie producers, fashion
designers, movie reporters and other people in authority who can give them a job, a movie offer perhaps, or modeling
or TV assignments. Staying at home and be idle will not give them anything, so they go out to see and be seen, and if he
is lucky enough some tempting offers will come his way.

I was not convinced with what my friend said, I ended up consoling myself, "I guess male pageants are treating their
winners like just any ordinary people, whereas on the other side, they treated their winners their queens that you
have to give them all good things and all the pamper the queen deserved.

I am not familiar with how Madame Stella worked with her previous queens, but there are several instances before
when every time the judges were introduced we saw three rows of beauty queens clapping at the back. Did they come
on their own or did Madame Stella untighten her belt and gave them all free accommodations and other more handsome
benefits for showing up? Because if the answer was the latter, beautywatchny is right. Money is hard these days and we
have to consider that the more beauty queens Madam invite, the more expenses she will incur.

I guess I was answering a vague question if titleholders are allowed to attend the same pageant they once won? And what
more can I say but, "LET THEM IN!"
Prozac

Postby beautywatchnyc » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:47 am

"Courtesy invite" with RSVP, we call it in recent years -- if such a thing still exists in the wake of the financial crisis everyone is facing these past months. In the case of MSMdeA, as far as I know, few of the Bb. Pilipinas winners in the years past stay loyal and are counted in MSMdeA inner circle of friends or might even be regarded "adviser" as may be sought by the Chairman Emeritus in a friendly tete-a-tete (no official bearing to the judging proper!)

A couple and more of these previous winners run their personal businesses where some stall owners in the Araneta City enclave are repeat resellers of these beauty queens' supplier products, i.e. cakes and pastries, RTWs from overseas, expensive leather items as handbags and fashion accessories. These ladies are reserved with the best seats and unobstructed aisles near the stage at the Smart-A Coliseum during the grand finals. Most of these queens have families and friends in the Metro so that MSMdeA doesn't have to offer a matron's "rescue" during the beauty queens' stay in Metro. If push comes to shove, a room at the adjacent Novotel-M may be offered. The guest rooms at the Bahay-Na-Puti not far away from the venue are on stand-by and barring any circumstance can be had for a stay or two.

As to the past titleholders of male personality contests staged in Manila, it's no longer preposterous to assume that some of the past winners (including delegates) have developed friendships and "loyalty" with some richer patrons in Manila. If they decide to come and join the fray, support "in and of any kind" may come flowing, "string or no-string" attached. It may come either way depending on how an outsider takes a look at this arrangement. That perception, if I may, is no longer our concern or responsibility. (I happened to hear this juicy bit from a friend who took a leave from work and came to Manila from Dubai where he's based as a couturier. He hosted once a foreign male delegate who stayed in RP almost month after the grand finale has concluded because the foreign delegate travelled the islands as a regular starry-eyed tourist in the country.)
beautywatchnyc

Location: New York City (former) now residing in the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, SW5

Postby Specialfx » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:55 am

A simple yes or no would suffice. Should they be given free tickets or not?
Specialfx

Message: I don't Belive in working hard in life, I work smart and still get the job done.

Postby beautywatchnyc » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:03 am

Specialfx wrote:A simple yes or no would suffice. Should they be given free tickets or not?

Yes, they can be recipients of a free airfare if that satisfies you. Will that suffice? Who will shoulder the rest of the expenses? Will the beauty queen be left on her own resources for the duration of her stay? For a random staycation, a legit airfare is not even a quarter of the cost of stay in a foreign destination, tbh. No offense meant, but you may inquire from those who have travelled particularly the % of costs to the sum of the budget to clear the matter.
beautywatchnyc

Postby Specialfx » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:10 pm

beautywatchnyc wrote:
Specialfx wrote:A simple yes or no would suffice. Should they be given free tickets or not?

Yes, they can be recipients of a free airfare if that satisfies you. Will that suffice? Who will shoulder the rest of the expenses? Will the beauty queen be left on her own resources for the duration of her stay? For a random staycation, a legit airfare is not even a quarter of the cost of stay in a foreign destination, tbh. No offense meant, but you may inquire from those who have travelled particularly the % of costs to the sum of the budget to clear the matter.

We agree that they're responsible for their own transportation and accommodation like everyone else, however, should they be let into the venue free, because they were former titleholders of the local pageant.
Specialfx

Postby beautywatchnyc » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:48 pm

Specialfx wrote:
beautywatchnyc wrote:

We agree that they're responsible for their own transportation and accommodation like everyone else, however, should they be let into the venue free, because they were former titleholders of the local pageant.

Alright, we can agree if that's what satisfies you. I was hoping that it goes less complicated but sorry to state the obvious, there's more to a beauty queen's "own transport and accommodation" thingy than meets the eye. Particularly in a situation that will require a couple of more days to stay and its attendant costs. We can't simply assume that the titleholder has sufficient funds to cover the rest of her forward expenses. Most unsettling of all: will she, owing her stature, feel comfortable and safe in a low budget accommodation and billeting facility? If her funds aren't sufficient enough, the average domestic arrangements may not look suitable to her needs. No doubt, the beauty queen must be high with the excitement and honored because of the invite and her presence would be a blast! But summing it all up, she should be asking herself:- what's in it for me?
beautywatchnyc

Postby esperasave » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:04 pm

You see, it's even financially burdensome to all parties involved to invite all past winners of so many pageantries with free passes. They are so many of them now. But it's more of social etiquette and grace not to attend yearly because people will be intimidated with their presence if they are always there.
esperasave

Postby hauteegirl » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:21 pm

Only if they're invited to. They can't just attend every year and expect free hotel accommodations. Imagine if the pageant winners count has gone up to 100 and if they all show up every year that's like double the expenses that the pageant org to shoulder. And same goes to free tickets. Pageant Org would lose so much money unless these pageant queens would settle sitting at the very back of the audience
hauteegirl
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: Queen
Date of Birth: 14 Jan 2008
Profession: beauty queen
Hobbies/Interests: exotic plants hobbyist

Postby ajsy0203 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:42 pm

I think MGI is doing that scheme to all the former titleholders from the inaugural edition up to the latest one except Anea Garcia (MGI 2015-A) and Claire Parker (MGI 2015-B), where they should attend the pageant every year except last March 2021 (prior to Delta variant) where they appeared virtually as judges in the finals. Anea was dethroned/resigned, MGI decided to cut ties with Claire after she applied to compete at Miss Universe Australia 2019 where she failed to advance in the Top 10.
ajsy0203
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Profession: Office Staff
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching

Postby radagasdas » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:05 am

hauteegirl wrote:Only if they're invited to. They can't just attend every year and expect free hotel accommodations. Imagine if the pageant winners count has gone up to 100 and if they all show up every year that's like double the expenses that the pageant org to shoulder. And same goes to free tickets. Pageant Org would lose so much money unless these pageant queens would settle sitting at the very back of the audience

An exception to this, the 50th Gold Edition of Binibining Pilipinas in 2013 where all the past winners were presented per batches onstage, waving to the live audience once again. So happy to see those who won Binibining Pilipinas crowns in the 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, 1990s and so on. :7 :7 :7 I would love to see them back at the 60th Diamond Edition of Binibining Pilipinas in 3 years time. [-O< [-O< [-O<
radagasdas

Real Life Name/Nick: Joey
Date of Birth: 29 Mar 1976
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Administrative Aide VI
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: bowling, marathon, badminton

Postby Virginia Dalisay » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:32 am

Yes, as a sign of courtesy to the once winners. But can also be No, as these winners can afford to buy a TICKET if they are interested to watch the coronation night.

Note: I assume you are referring to the venue ticket and not the airfare ticket nor the accommodation ticket. :-j :-j :-j

ImageImage
Virginia Dalisay
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.

Date of Birth: 14 Feb 1991
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Archeologist
Hobbies/Interests: Live the life you love and Love the life you live.
Message: Never be a prisoner of your past. It was just a lesson, not a life sentence.

Postby esperasave » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:58 pm

Prozac wrote:I was once privy to the finals of a male pageant when I was vacationing, I was a friend of the organizer so I get
the behind the scenes dirt, and witness what was going on. In the finals, a lot of previous winners came to grace
the show, so I was intrigued to ask the organizer, "are you giving them some kind of honorarium, a gratuity
compensation, or a talent fee perhaps for showing up here?" I almost fall from my chair when the organizer said:
"No they come on their own", was his curt reply.

"Seriously?" I was still a doubting Thomas. And my friend gave me a litany of reasons why they showed up without
any tip or financial reward. First of all the pageant was held in Manila, and all the past winners came from Manila
and the neighboring cities. They showed up spending their money or their managers'. We didn't worry about their
plane tickets, their hotel accommodations, travel expenses, their formal attire, etc. They came straight from their
homes and not a five star hotel.

So what's the catch? I asked. Well coming here they will rub elbows with the candidates, movie producers, fashion
designers, movie reporters and other people in authority who can give them a job, a movie offer perhaps, or modeling
or TV assignments. Staying at home and be idle will not give them anything, so they go out to see and be seen, and if he
is lucky enough some tempting offers will come his way.

I was not convinced with what my friend said, I ended up consoling myself, "I guess male pageants are treating their
winners like just any ordinary people, whereas on the other side, they treated their winners their queens that you
have to give them all good things and all the pamper the queen deserved.

I am not familiar with how Madame Stella worked with her previous queens, but there are several instances before
when every time the judges were introduced we saw three rows of beauty queens clapping at the back. Did they come
on their own or did Madame Stella untighten her belt and gave them all free accommodations and other more handsome
benefits for showing up? Because if the answer was the latter, beautywatchny is right. Money is hard these days and we
have to consider that the more beauty queens Madam invite, the more expenses she will incur.

I guess I was answering a vague question if titleholders are allowed to attend the same pageant they once won? And what
more can I say but, "LET THEM IN!"

Yes, Ms Gloria Diaz should always be in. That Ate Gloria Laban Dera is always coming in something that will wake up everyone's sensibilities even at the wee hours of the night during the coronation of Binibining Pilipinas. The last one she got invited to judge when she pointed out that We are all Plastics regarding an environmental issue she raised as a question to a candidate. Subsequently, like her and Sushimta Sen, they were crowned as a teenager at age 18 because when they faced with the judges, all that they have given answers are all loviness in its craziness. They gave all crazy answers to impress and charm the judges so they went GAGA for both beauties.
Last edited by esperasave on Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
esperasave

Postby hauteegirl » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:57 am

If im the owner of the national pageant, i would invite the international winners with free hotel accommodations, free ticket kasi pampadagdag sophistication at relevance sa pageant finals. international winners lang
hauteegirl

Postby esperasave » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:08 am

hauteegirl wrote:If im the owner of the national pageant, i would invite the international winners with free hotel accommodations, free ticket kasi pampadagdag sophistication at relevance sa pageant finals. international winners lang

I would love Brooke Lee Miss Universe to be invited even once in Venezuela. She was made persona non grata after she answered an ill prepared response but Venezuelans thought the question was given before hand to her.
esperasave

Postby hauteegirl » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:00 am

esperasave wrote:
hauteegirl wrote:If im the owner of the national pageant, i would invite the international winners with free hotel accommodations, free ticket kasi pampadagdag sophistication at relevance sa pageant finals. international winners lang

I would love Brooke Lee Miss Universe to be invited even once in Venezuela. She was made persona non grata after she answered an ill prepared response but Venezuelans thought the question was given before hand to her.

I have to clarify my post. If i am the owner of a national pageant like for example MUP or Bb. Pilipinas i would only invite the filipina queens who won international titles every year for free. Pero inviting international winners also won't hurt and make them as part of judging panel as well.
hauteegirl

Postby esperasave » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:13 pm

hauteegirl wrote:
esperasave wrote:

I have to clarify my post. If i am the owner of a national pageant like for example MUP or Bb. Pilipinas i would only invite the filipina queens who won international titles every year for free. Pero inviting international winners also won't hurt and make them as part of judging panel as well.

But can you ask Venezuelans to invite Brooke Lee in their country. She didn't insult them but she was made persona non grata. A competition is a competition. She needs to put her feet forward so she'll win. Her answer was ill prepared so nothing to be doubtful about a question she answered that it was given earlier in the competition.
esperasave

Return to GENERAL