MISS USA 2020 // MISSISSIPPI IS MISS USA 2020 // MAJOR NEWS

Re: ROAD TO MISS USA 2020 // NOVEMBER 9TH IN MEMPHIS, TENNES

Postby pippo93 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:32 pm

Jonathan Nguyen wrote:Now that we are sure about Miss USA 2020, what do you guys think about Miss Universe 2020? It makes no sense for me to push through Miss USA but cancel Miss Universe. If they cancel Miss Universe 2020 and let the 2020 Miss USA winner compete in Miss Universe 2021, what will Miss USA 2021 do?

WELL IF MISS UNIVERSE WILL HELD IN JANUARY-FEBRUARY, IT STILL HAS SENSE TO CALL IT MISS UNIVERSE 2020. BUT IF NOT, SINCE MARCH IS BETTER CALL IT MISS UNIVERSE 2021.
NOW WE HAVE TWO SCENARIO.

1. EVERY YEAR MISS USA WILL HELD THE YEAR PRIOR MISS UNIVERSE (SO WE HAVE MISS USA 2021 TO COMPETE IN MISS UNIVERSE 2022; MISS USA 2022 TO COMPETE IN MISS UNIVERSE 2003)
2. THE MISS FRANCE SYSTEM: THE STATE WINNER WILL BE MISS ALABAMA 2021, MISS ALASKA 2021, MISS ARIZONA 2021, ETC. AND THEY WILL COMPETE FOR THE TITLE OF MISS USA 2022 (SO BASICALLY THEY WILL CANCEL THE 2021 EDITIONS, OR AT LEAST CALL IT 2021-2022)

pippo93
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 29 Sep 1993
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Medical Doctor, Resident in Nephrology
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Chinese Zodiac: Rooster
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty Pageants

Postby itsrowdy801 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:04 am

pippo93 wrote:
Jonathan Nguyen wrote:Now that we are sure about Miss USA 2020, what do you guys think about Miss Universe 2020? It makes no sense for me to push through Miss USA but cancel Miss Universe. If they cancel Miss Universe 2020 and let the 2020 Miss USA winner compete in Miss Universe 2021, what will Miss USA 2021 do?

WELL IF MISS UNIVERSE WILL HELD IN JANUARY-FEBRUARY, IT STILL HAS SENSE TO CALL IT MISS UNIVERSE 2020. BUT IF NOT, SINCE MARCH IS BETTER CALL IT MISS UNIVERSE 2021.

1. EVERY YEAR MISS USA WILL HELD THE YEAR PRIOR MISS UNIVERSE (SO WE HAVE MISS USA 2021 TO COMPETE IN MISS UNIVERSE 2022; MISS USA 2022 TO COMPETE IN MISS UNIVERSE 2003)
2. THE MISS FRANCE SYSTEM: THE STATE WINNER WILL BE MISS ALABAMA 2021, MISS ALASKA 2021, MISS ARIZONA 2021, ETC. AND THEY WILL COMPETE FOR THE TITLE OF MISS USA 2022 (SO BASICALLY THEY WILL CANCEL THE 2021 EDITIONS, OR AT LEAST CALL IT 2021-2022)

I think they'd still call it Miss Universe 2020, and then slowly move the date back until it's back to normal in coming years. MUO has made it clear that "skipping a year" is not on the agenda - if it was, they would have just pushed everything to 2021 - and the world is crazy now. People will give them a break for not crowning Miss USA 2020 until March 2021.
itsrowdy801
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Rowdy
Date of Birth: 21 Aug 1994
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Customer Service @ Travel Startup
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants, Comedy, Politics

Postby Mariana Erwin » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:25 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:I've heard sources explicitly say that there will not be any masks on stage, which I think is a good thing. Yes, masks can be beautiful, but I think it'd be a shame if they had to, so I'm glad there won't be.

Looking forward to the host announcement too! I hope its Nick & Vanessa again, they've been amazing these past couple years.
Not really a fan of Vanessa at all or her husband. Well, Vanessa being a former Miss Teen USA and Nick having performed in Miss Teen USA 2000 (as in, his boy band) are probably the reasons why they still get a lot of air time here. I want Vanessa to host Miss Universe instead, along with another host (just not Mario!). For Miss USA, I want two women to host, especially Crystle Stewart and Olivia Jordan.
No more bashers in 2022, please.

Also, watch Dani Walker's video to know more on how bashers can kill with their words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbYUDqSC1UM
Mariana Erwin

Date of Birth: 05 Apr 1988
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: ***********
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry
Message: Hello and welcome! Commenting on things in pageantry and critical of pageant issues.

Postby Mariana Erwin » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:27 am

pippo93 wrote:

I don't think Miss Universe is in favor of pre-dating its winners in this manner, so I don't think this will even happen. I think that they will just crown the winners for 2020 and then make their reigns short in favor of the 2021 girls, and in order for the 2020 winners to still have a link with MUO, they will still work a la Pia Wurtzbach.

Also, watch Dani Walker's video to know more on how bashers can kill with their words.

Mariana Erwin

Message: Hello and welcome! Commenting on things in pageantry and critical of pageant issues.

Postby Mariana Erwin » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:29 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:What do you guys think of the RPM girls this year?

I keep thinking that, from a purely strategic standpoint, I should include one or two of them on my list. RPM is a massively successful directorship and arguably the best in the country - not only has at least one RPM girl placed in each of the last nine editions of Miss USA, at least one of their girls have placed Top 5 or better in six out of the last seven years.

Don't get me wrong, I like all four of them. But I'm not over the moon for any of them.
North Carolina could have a back-to-back unless she flops in interview! Interview really matters and I think the most recent Miss Teen USA runners-up have been flopping at that part of the competition recently...

Mariana Erwin

Postby itsrowdy801 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:38 am

Mariana Erwin wrote:

I keep thinking that, from a purely strategic standpoint, I should include one or two of them on my list. RPM is a massively successful directorship and arguably the best in the country - not only has at least one RPM girl placed in each of the last nine editions of Miss USA, at least one of their girls have placed Top 5 or better in six out of the last seven years.

Don't get me wrong, I like all four of them. But I'm not over the moon for any of them.
North Carolina could have a back-to-back unless she flops in interview! Interview really matters and I think the most recent Miss Teen USA runners-up have been flopping at that part of the competition recently...

Feel free to change my view on this because I want to like her, but I see her as the weakest of the four. South Carolina would be high on my list if she were a little older and had more life experience, Alabama is facially stunning and a fan favorite even if she is kinda patty for my taste, and Louisiana is delightful on social media. I just don't see anything impressive North Carolina this year, her career or education credentials aren't that impressive, her bio was weak, her performance at her state competition didn't really stand out to me, and she's not really a standout in general to me. Sure, there's something to be said about how she did well at Miss Teen USA, but girls who did well at Miss Teen USA clap at Miss USA every year.

Idk, maybe I'm being too hard on her because I'm disappointed Victoria Vesce didn't win, maybe my expectations for North Carolina were too high after Caelynn and Cheslie, but please share why you think she's a crown contender because I really want to put at least one RPM girl on my list (although I'd probably need to wait until if/when one of them does great at prelims before I can at this point)
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:52 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:
Mariana Erwin wrote:

Feel free to change my view on this because I want to like her, but I see her as the weakest of the four. South Carolina would be high on my list if she were a little older and had more life experience, Alabama is facially stunning and a fan favorite even if she is kinda patty for my taste, and Louisiana is delightful on social media. I just don't see anything impressive North Carolina this year, her career or education credentials aren't that impressive, her bio was weak, her performance at her state competition didn't really stand out to me, and she's not really a standout in general to me. Sure, there's something to be said about how she did well at Miss Teen USA, but girls who did well at Miss Teen USA clap at Miss USA every year.

Idk, maybe I'm being too hard on her because I'm disappointed Victoria Vesce didn't win, maybe my expectations for North Carolina were too high after Caelynn and Cheslie, but please share why you think she's a crown contender because I really want to put at least one RPM girl on my list (although I'd probably need to wait until if/when one of them does great at prelims before I can at this point)

I agree with you. I loved Jane at Miss Teen USA, but right now I'm not really seeing anything special.
Queen of the Clouds

Date of Birth: 18 Mar 1996
Profession: Lawyer
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Hobbies/Interests: Fashion, music, film, politics, and parties

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:11 am

[youtube]1Vf01Uz6Tvk[/youtube]
Dani Walker published her predictions video
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Mariana Erwin » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:48 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:
Mariana Erwin wrote:

Well, the last Miss Teen USA delegate who did well that did not clap was Sydney Stottlemyre (Top 10 in 2016, although she was a runner-up in Miss Teen USA 2011). It's more of a trend now that the Miss Teen USA clappers do well in Miss USA (e.g. Sarah Rose Summers and Caelynn Miller-Keyes), while the opposite happens for Miss Teen USA runners-up (e.g. Tori Sizemore and Haley Holloway). I do believe that this is because the pageant is becoming more fair, but I do expect to see NC place, even up to just the top 15.

Mariana Erwin

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:19 am

Mariana Erwin wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
Mariana Erwin wrote:

Well, the last Miss Teen USA delegate who did well that did not clap was Sydney Stottlemyre (Top 10 in 2016, although she was a runner-up in Miss Teen USA 2011). It's more of a trend now that the Miss Teen USA clappers do well in Miss USA (e.g. Sarah Rose Summers and Caelynn Miller-Keyes), while the opposite happens for Miss Teen USA runners-up (e.g. Tori Sizemore and Haley Holloway). I do believe that this is because the pageant is becoming more fair, but I do expect to see NC place, even up to just the top 15.

I've definitely noticed that too. Another sign that this could be Idaho's year.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Mariana Erwin » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:24 pm

baghak_gargak wrote:

She will go to Miss Earth 2021 and compete and say "Jonathan Nguyen this is your ALL-TIME FAVORITE BEAUTY PAGEANT you are salivating about!" =;)) :%)) :!! =;)) :%)) :!! =0 =c3 =;)) :%)) :!! =;)) :%))
=;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) :%)) :%)) :%)) :%)) :%)) :%)) :%)) :%)) :%)) :%)) :%))

Mariana Erwin

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:33 pm

The Duchess wrote:
Queen of the Clouds wrote:
The Duchess wrote:On a scare from 1-10, how wrong is it if I want Ohio to win not only because I love her but because I want to cheer for another Puertorrican at Miss Universe? I'm not happy with the new MUPR =;))

Lol well I love Sthephanie too and would love it if she won. Just a little worried that her features are a little too much like Cheslie's and the MUO will want a girl with a different look to win this time. They picked a new MUPR?

They will announce her on Sept 24th but I sadly know from atleast 2 diferrent people who it is, and I have my own personal reasons not to support her. I will give the announcement here given I think im the only puertorrican active here but I wont be covering her reign

Now that she's been announced, why is it that you don't like her? She seems gorgeous to me, but I don't know anything about her so I'm wondering if it's something more about personality or background?
Queen of the Clouds

Postby ajsy0203 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:57 pm

Except Texas, the 3 back to back victories occurred at Miss USA were related to Philippines as reigning titleholder:
1970: The 1st back to back victory at Miss USA when Virginia won the title for the 2nd straight year. Miss Universe 1969 Gloria Diaz attended the finals as guest of honor.
1974: The 2nd back to back victory at Miss USA when Illinois won the title for the 2nd straight year and New York finished 1st Runner Up for the 3rd straight year (before Colombia did it at Miss Universe 1992-1994). Miss Universe 1973 Margie Moran attended the finals in a special appearance prior to the parade of states.
2016-2017: Although Oklahoma did not get the back to back victory, District of Columbia will get the same fate. DC won Miss USA 2016, Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach put the sash on Miss DC USA, the following year DC won Miss USA again for the 2nd straight year.
2019-2020: Now all eyes on North Carolina if they will do the back to back victory at the upcoming Miss USA 2020 final competition this November. Miss Universe 2018 Catriona Gray was a backstage host for the finals and put the winner's sash on Miss North Carolina.
ajsy0203
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Office Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching

Postby The Duchess » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:42 am

The Duchess wrote:
The Duchess wrote:On a scare from 1-10, how wrong is it if I want Ohio to win not only because I love her but because I want to cheer for another Puertorrican at Miss Universe? I'm not happy with the new MUPR =;))

Lol well I love Sthephanie too and would love it if she won. Just a little worried that her features are a little too much like Cheslie's and the MUO will want a girl with a different look to win this time. They picked a new MUPR?

They will announce her on Sept 24th but I sadly know from atleast 2 diferrent people who it is, and I have my own personal reasons not to support her. I will give the announcement here given I think im the only puertorrican active here but I wont be covering her reign

Now that she's been announced, why is it that you don't like her? She seems gorgeous to me, but I don't know anything about her so I'm wondering if it's something more about personality or background?

I rather not, because I feel that if Madison or her team have decided to take the high road I probably shouldn't say "oh this or that happened" but I will just say I do not support her or the team behind her. And that my girl deserved better this past year. So I guess the reason would be the last reason, although I don't find her as obvious as other people do even before everything started. I will say the darker hair was the best change
The Duchess
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 01 Sep 1995
Profession: Costume Design
Hobbies/Interests: Arts, Music, Literature

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:21 am

The Duchess wrote:
The Duchess wrote:

I rather not, because I feel that if Madison or her team have decided to take the high road I probably shouldn't say "oh this or that happened" but I will just say I do not support her or the team behind her. And that my girl deserved better this past year. So I guess the reason would be the last reason, although I don't find her as obvious as other people do even before everything started. I will say the darker hair was the best change

She "deserved better"? She was 1RU at Miss Universe.
itsrowdy801

Postby The Duchess » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:38 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:
The Duchess wrote:
The Duchess wrote:

She "deserved better"? She was 1RU at Miss Universe.

I'm talking during her reign and behind the scenes, not about Miss Universe
The Duchess

Date of Birth: 01 Sep 1995
Profession: Costume Design
Hobbies/Interests: Arts, Music, Literature

Postby itsrowdy801 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:44 am

Looks like fan voting is coming back this year ! Thoughts? I have some mixed feelings about fan voting, because I feel like the judges usually do a good job without it and risks boosting certain contestants off popularity rather than merit, but it is fun to feel part of the process.

I really hope they don't charge per vote like they did for NatCos at Miss Universe this past year.
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:53 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:Looks like fan voting is coming back this year ! Thoughts? I have some mixed feelings about fan voting, because I feel like the judges usually do a good job without it and risks boosting certain contestants off popularity rather than merit, but it is fun to feel part of the process.

I really hope they don't charge per vote like they did for NatCos at Miss Universe this past year.

I'm generally not a fan of public voting in pageants, but I'd rather it in a national pageant than an international pageant. Some fans get so nationalistic, and as long as you can vote for your own country, they will end up ruining the legitimacy of the vote entirely. In Miss USA, that isn't as much of an issue though, so I don't mind it as much.

It also depends on how the vote is implemented. Sometimes winning the public vote is all you need, but sometimes the public vote is considered an "extra judge," so their scores are just factored into the judges' scores. I'd rather that much more. Honestly the MUO is probably gonna end up charging because they're losing money from the pandemic and need to make it back lol.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Mariana Erwin » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:31 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:Looks like fan voting is coming back this year ! Thoughts? I have some mixed feelings about fan voting, because I feel like the judges usually do a good job without it and risks boosting certain contestants off popularity rather than merit, but it is fun to feel part of the process.

I do not really care much about the fan voting - if ever there will be, I prefer it as the ''extra judge'' thing, not #SaveTheQueen. It would also be great if it's just the typical extra semi-finalist chosen.

Mariana Erwin

Postby bootsguy » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:18 am

[size=150]Where can we watch Miss USA 2020 online?

[-O< [-O< [-O< [-O< [-O< [-O< [-O< [-O< [-O< [-O< [-O< [-O< [-O< [-O< [-O< [-O< [-O< [-O< [-O< [-O<
[/size]
Watchful Eyes Of A Silhouette http://hamsternice.blogspot.com

bootsguy
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 25 Oct 1960
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: customer service representative soldier
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: reading, watching television, boots, boys
Message: i want to make friends and learn from fellow pageant fanatics.

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:02 am

https://www.youtube.com/missusa/videos

Profile videos for the contestants uploaded on the Miss USA YouTube channel
Queen of the Clouds

Postby itsrowdy801 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:24 am

Queen of the Clouds wrote:https://www.youtube.com/missusa/videos

Profile videos for the contestants uploaded on the Miss USA YouTube channel

OK, time to binge watch these all night. Opinions coming soon.

I bet voting is gonna open soon too since every video ends with "vote for your favorite". First vote will be free (yay!), not sure I'll pay for extra votes since all my extra $ is going to flipping the senate right now and I'm underemployed at the moment.
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:25 am

[youtube]CFIzbDUKdO8[/youtube]
Miss USA 2020
Queen of the Clouds

Postby itsrowdy801 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:01 am

OK, just got done watching all 51 videos. I'm so glad things are moving along and I got to spend 2 and a half amazing hours bingewatching all of them.

My Top 5 favorite UCAPs were Idaho, Mississippi, Utah, Hawaii, and Wisconsin.

Some stray observations:

* Most of these were really good, especially considered they're being done from home this year. There were a couple that I thought weren't as good as others, but given the constraints, job well done.

* I know most of these girls like the back of my hand by now, so I for the most part didn't learn anything super new about any of their backgrounds, but for the most part they all did a fantastic job about talking about their stories and what they would bring to the table as Miss USA.

* My fears that Michigan's career would all-but disqualify her from placing in this climate are gone -- she did a great job of framing that in a manner of helping people stemming from the arrest of her family member.

* Nevada's was absolutely gut-wrenching, her platform has always been about gun violence but it's lately been kind of in the abstract how she's talked about it for the most part, but it was a good move for talking about how gun violence has effected her, as well as her community. She probably could have included something about Route 91 in there, since she had friends at the festival and it took place in the state she represents, but I'm getting damn near close to adding her onto my list.

* Arkansas's made me want to move to Arkansas. Okay, maybe not move, but at least visit.

* Wisconsin has made my list. She's so incredibly personable and engaging and does have a story. Hats off to Gabby, she's skyrocketed from being one of the weakest delegates of the competition IMO to making my tentative Top 15, and her UCAP solidified that in my book.

* I really, really, really want to include an RPM girl on my list. Of the RPM girls, South Carolina had the best video in my opinion, and she's on my list for now.
itsrowdy801

Postby bootsguy » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:28 pm

WHERE CAN WE WATCH MISS USA 2020 ONLINE? I AM NOT SURE WITH THE ANDROID BOX IF THE SHOWS OF FYI ARE REALTIME OR NOT... [-O< [-O< [-O< [-O< [-O< [-O< [-O< [-O<
Watchful Eyes Of A Silhouette http://hamsternice.blogspot.com

bootsguy

Date of Birth: 25 Oct 1960
Profession: customer service representative soldier
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: reading, watching television, boots, boys
Message: i want to make friends and learn from fellow pageant fanatics.

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:29 pm

bootsguy wrote:WHERE CAN WE WATCH MISS USA 2020 ONLINE? I AM NOT SURE WITH THE ANDROID BOX IF THE SHOWS OF FYI ARE REALTIME OR NOT... [-O< [-O< [-O< [-O< [-O< [-O< [-O< [-O<

There will probably be unauthorized streams on YouTube or something, but I don't think there will be an official stream from the MUO or anything.

Philo TV offers a free trial that includes FYI: https://www.philo.com/login/subscribe

I use YouTube TV to watch live TV and I don't think they have FYI on there. Really annoying they had to go to such a no-name network.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby itsrowdy801 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:10 pm

FAN VOTING IS OPEN!!!!!!!!!!
itsrowdy801

Postby itsrowdy801 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:56 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:FAN VOTING IS OPEN!!!!!!!!!!

Fan Voting also invites us to vote our favorite into the Top 16, so we now know there will be sixteen placements this year. I'm expanding my list accordingly, but not predicting who will win the fan vote. Sometimes in the past, the fan vote winner has been a major fan favorite, sometimes it's been a surprise, so it's kind of a wild card.
itsrowdy801

Postby PageantKing » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:28 am

Here's my top 12 favorite videos in random order:

Utah- Such a strong voice. I thought her story was inspirational, and not once did it feel like she was shoving her platform down our throats. One of the girls to beat IMO

Hawaii- Such a strong contestant. I could tell her platform was something she truly cared about, and her story kept me engaged. The most physically beautiful girl this year as well in all honesty. In my tentative top 3.

Oklahoma- What gorgeous woman. Her native american heritage was nice to listen about, a bit overwrought at times, but thought she was lovely. I was just engaged throughout and think that she can make that top with a good prelim performance. If you're reading, make the speaking more conversational though, you sounded like you were reading off a teleprompter at times. Speak from the heart.

Wisconsin- Y'all were really out here talking smack on this girl for such a long time. Boy did she serve here. We won't know until prelims, but I think she's well on track to being one of the girls to beat. Great speaking, natural and relaxed presence, and so much wisdom. Beautiful job!

Idaho- Such a soft spoken and calm video. I swear, her voice sounds perfect for ASMR :%)) That said, she is definitely a strong contestant. Only recommendation is for her put a little more passion and strength to her speaking. It sounded at times like she was daydreaming, and you need just a bit more connection to really get people to keep listening. Great job though!

Michigan- Strong background and story. Generally good speaker. I think she would be a lovely delegate to see in that top. Quite a few girls working in Correction this year.

Pennsylvania- I don't know, she was very relatable and personable. I think girls could really find something in her story. Has real potential to place with good prelim performance.

Maryland- Something felt off about her (HS bully vibes tbh), but there's no denying that she's very accomplished, beautiful, and good at speaking. I think if she nails that interview and performs well then we can see her in the top.

Mississippi- Wow, what a story. I thought it was a beautifully told and authentic. Extremely gorgeous too.

Nebraska- She has very natural and easy to listen to speaking presence. I can sense a lot of maturity and life experience in her story, and I think she's a lovely contestant. Not sure if she will place, but if you're reading this, Megan, you are on the right track.

Connecticut- I don't know what stood out to me about her, but I just wanted to keep listening to her talk, very natural and eloquent. Loved her story about being of multiethnic descent. I also think she's remarkably gorgeous.

Alaska- I know many of you will think she's not the most strong, but you have to be crazy to say that her video wasn't genuine and beautiful. She strikes me as an incredibly intelligent and driven girl, and I have to give credit where credit is due.

Honorable mention:
DC- Generally good speaker, strong background. Very IMG, I think she can place. Not my winner though.

I think authenticity is what I look for. There were way too many girls that sounded like smiling robots. It's so important to truly speak from a place of truth. I think we are all over girls that shove propaganda down our throats. If you have something to say, say it because you mean it, and not because you think it will score you extra points. Then there's power. I think a good MUSA must have that quality that makes you listen. An X factor if you will. Not all the girls on this list had it, but I think there's potential somewhere there.
PageantKing
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Charlie
Date of Birth: 09 Jun 1998
Profession: Student/Actor
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Pageant Watching, Acting, Being a shady bitch

Re: MISS USA 2020 | NOV 09 IN MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE

Postby manoypoe » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:55 pm

With 38 days until @missuniverse’s homebase crowns their new delegate, the 51 girls are fighting for a finalist spot, and more importantly, the crown and the chance to win the Miss Universe title. Who are your favorites to win?

1. @andreiagibau: She is the girl to beat. She was Miss Earth USA 2017, and earned a top 16 spot at Miss Earth 2017. She speaks 4 languages, including Spanish and Portuguese. She had a Universe level walk at her state competition, and now she will serve everything on the national stage. She’s a fan favorite, but she’s proven that she’s earned that, and the crown.

2. @samanthaneyland: Make sure you keep an eye on her. She has one of the freshest looks in this competition, and confidence too. Mixed with her strong military background, and a love for culture and diversity, this is another girl that has secured her placement in the 2020 class.

3. @lillete: Do you follow her on TikTok? If you don’t, you need to now (also at @lillete). This beauty not only have killer legs, but a killer personality as well. This volleyball player is all about being authentic and real, which perfectly aligns with what Miss USA is looking for.

4. @sabrinakvictor: This stunner oozes unrivaled stage presence. That could be because she’s vying for a dual degree in theatre and journalism.

5. @moniqueevansfl: Finishing out the top 5, this brunette bombshell photographs like a dream, and also looks so on stage. She placed top 15 at Miss America 2015, and is now looking to take the USA title.
manoypoe
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.

Date of Birth: 15 Apr 1975
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Assassin of Idiots
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Web surfing

PreviousNext

Return to Miss Universe