MISS USA 2020 // MISSISSIPPI IS MISS USA 2020 // MAJOR NEWS

Re: ROAD TO MISS USA 2020 // WHO'S YOUR EARLY TOP 15?

Postby itsrowdy801 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:16 am

XAMURAI wrote:When is Miss USA? I want to watch both Miss USA and Miss Teen USA this year...

They have yet to announce when and where. IMG seems to be big fans of waiting forever to announce the host city and date of their pageants, last year they didn't until mid-late March (although eventually correct rumors about the host city were publicized at the end of February). I'm trying to go in person this year too, they can't spill soon enough.

As much as I hate to say it/jinx it, I'm paranoid they're pumping the breaks for a bit in light of coronavirus - a handful of major events are being cancelled and there are even talks of them cancelling the Olympics. I can't imagine they'd cancel it outright, that would be hugely unfair to the contestants to just not let them compete after they finally got a state title - but it might be postponed some time. I just don't know, I hope not though.

itsrowdy801
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Rowdy
Date of Birth: 21 Aug 1994
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Customer Service @ Travel Startup
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants, Comedy, Politics

Postby XAMURAI » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:06 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:
XAMURAI wrote:When is Miss USA? I want to watch both Miss USA and Miss Teen USA this year...

They have yet to announce when and where. IMG seems to be big fans of waiting forever to announce the host city and date of their pageants, last year they didn't until mid-late March (although eventually correct rumors about the host city were publicized at the end of February). I'm trying to go in person this year too, they can't spill soon enough.

As much as I hate to say it/jinx it, I'm paranoid they're pumping the breaks for a bit in light of coronavirus - a handful of major events are being cancelled and there are even talks of them cancelling the Olympics. I can't imagine they'd cancel it outright, that would be hugely unfair to the contestants to just not let them compete after they finally got a state title - but it might be postponed some time. I just don't know, I hope not though.

Well, it could be June or July the latest. I remember Olivia Jordan was crowned weeks after my birthday, which has never happened before or even after that!
My Interview for GMA Western Visayas

[youtube]0UHn679-4P4[/youtube]
XAMURAI
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: XAMURAI
Date of Birth: 01 Jul 1979
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Company Employee and Entrepreneur
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Hobbies/Interests: Basketball and Camping

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:27 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:

I don't think they'll postpone it. It's not widespread in the US at all and only in a couple of states. If they wait things could end up being even worse then.
Queen of the Clouds
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 18 Mar 1996
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Lawyer
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Hobbies/Interests: Fashion, music, film, politics, and parties

Postby itsrowdy801 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:16 am

Made some slight changes to my list for March

Took off South Dakota, Georgia, and Nevada for now, and replaced them with Maine (who I just get some x-factor/gut feeling from that I really like), Illinois (who is looking less teen-ish to me lately and her styling has been on point, plus she's a biochemist which is incredible), and Indiana (one of the biggest pleasant surprises for me so far, I wasn't feeling her at first but she continues to impress me and I LOVED her in that video she did at the MUO offices)
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:44 am

Indiana looks like a supermodel when she's all glammed up. She really seems like she has a great personality too. I can see her going far.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:14 pm

Queen of the Clouds wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:

I don't think they'll postpone it. It's not widespread in the US at all and only in a couple of states. If they wait things could end up being even worse then.

I hope you're right, but I'm getting more and more nervous by the day. Everyday they seem to cancel something else, and it may be a challenge for MUO to find a willing CVB to take on the risk to host.

It's of my opinion that MUO owes these state titleholders a chance to compete on the Miss USA stage, no exceptions, so I'm really really hoping they follow through on that promise.
itsrowdy801

Postby wanderlustwoman » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:14 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:

The NBA has told teams/players to prepare for the possibility of having games in empty arenas with no fans. I hope this year's contestants won't have to experience this!
wanderlustwoman
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 18 Oct 1991
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Hostess
Chinese Zodiac: Goat
Hobbies/Interests: travel, cooking, cats, anti-MLM

Postby itsrowdy801 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:56 am

wanderlustwoman wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:

The NBA has told teams/players to prepare for the possibility of having games in empty arenas with no fans. I hope this year's contestants won't have to experience this!

I hope that too, but that's better than the idea of them just cancelling it all together. And whether cash-strapped IMG will be willing to give up hundreds of thousands of dollars in hosting fees and ticket sales, that's a little worrisome. They might rather screw over their titleholders & fans and just not do it.
itsrowdy801

Postby sephie » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:47 am

When is the Miss USA 2020 Coronation? I have a feeling this will be the last year of MUO will air on FOX
sephie

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Hobbies/Interests: beauty pageants

Postby firerprince » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:32 am

Why are we even focusing on outer beauty with this contest?

Just wait for the finals and look for the most politically correct girl to win.

Voila there goes your Miss USA.
firerprince
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.

Real Life Name/Nick: JC
Date of Birth: 05 Mar 1997
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Pageant Lurker
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry?

Postby itsrowdy801 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:43 am

firerprince wrote:

Lord I hate when people say shit like that. Enough already, these women are beauty+brains, if you're waiting for some pageant patty bimbo with nothing more than a pretty face to win every year you're going to be waiting a long time. And the dog whistle you're trying to blow here isn't as subtle as you think it is. Bye.
itsrowdy801

Postby The Duchess » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:11 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:
firerprince wrote:

Lord I hate when people say shit like that. Enough already, these women are beauty+brains, if you're waiting for some pageant patty bimbo with nothing more than a pretty face to win every year you're going to be waiting a long time. And the dog whistle you're trying to blow here isn't as subtle as you think it is. Bye.

There have been hundreds of women since IMG took over who were intelligent, empowering, had advocacy and could demolish a catwalk. AND they were also beautiful. And guess what? Before IMG, there were women like that too. IMG didn't bring beauty and brains into the competition, they didnt start crowning intelligent women. I hate when people make statements as if Miss Universe has been this superficial corporation that only wanted a pretty face with no voice until IMG came in.To pretend Miss USA doesn't take into consideration PC culture in America is foolish, because they kinda have to honestly.
The Duchess
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 01 Sep 1995
Profession: Costume Design
Hobbies/Interests: Arts, Music, Literature

Postby itsrowdy801 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:01 am

The Duchess wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
firerprince wrote:

There have been hundreds of women since IMG took over who were intelligent, empowering, had advocacy and could demolish a catwalk. AND they were also beautiful. And guess what? Before IMG, there were women like that too. IMG didn't bring beauty and brains into the competition, they didnt start crowning intelligent women. I hate when people make statements as if Miss Universe has been this superficial corporation that only wanted a pretty face with no voice until IMG came in.To pretend Miss USA doesn't take into consideration PC culture in America is foolish, because they kinda have to honestly.

I did not mean to insinuate that the queens weren't beauty+brains under the previous owner, many of my favorite Miss USAs were from that era. I've been watching for nearly twenty years now and you're correct, IMG did not bring intelligence and accomplishments into the equation for the first time.

And sure, "PC Culture" does play a role, in some ways I disagree with (for instance, I'm not a fan of the all-female selection committee). But when most people bitch and moan about how Miss USA is "too PC now!" it's not hard to read between the lines and figure out what they're really saying.
itsrowdy801

Postby sephie » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:39 pm

I think this is the best time that the Miss USA can be held at Tyler Perry studios since they don't need to have live audience.
Because of the virus, I think they can have it in a really pretty studio and make it a very pretty execution
sephie

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Hobbies/Interests: beauty pageants

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:19 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:
The Duchess wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
firerprince wrote:

I did not mean to insinuate that the queens weren't beauty+brains under the previous owner, many of my favorite Miss USAs were from that era. I've been watching for nearly twenty years now and you're correct, IMG did not bring intelligence and accomplishments into the equation for the first time.

And sure, "PC Culture" does play a role, in some ways I disagree with (for instance, I'm not a fan of the all-female selection committee). But when most people bitch and moan about how Miss USA is "too PC now!" it's not hard to read between the lines and figure out what they're really saying.

I don't understand where all these comments come from when Cheslie and Sarah clearly had the best answers and that's why they won. It was the same thing with Zozi too. Once you get to the top, the girls who can speak the best will win, not the girls who are prettiest. Cheslie and Sarah spoke the best, and the girl who wins this year will be the one who spoke the best as well. I know we all would have loved for Allie to have won instead of Cheslie, but then maybe she should have given a better answer in top three; the fact she was the most beautiful is probably the only reason she was 1RU, her answer was the worst of the bunch. Last year I thought Arkansas was the most beautiful in the top five, but her answer was clearly the worst of the bunch and that's why she didn't make top three. It's really that simple.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby AUSTIN III » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:48 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:
The Duchess wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
firerprince wrote:

I don't understand where all these comments come from when Cheslie and Sarah clearly had the best answers and that's why they won. It was the same thing with Zozi too. Once you get to the top, the girls who can speak the best will win, not the girls who are prettiest. Cheslie and Sarah spoke the best, and the girl who wins this year will be the one who spoke the best as well. I know we all would have loved for Allie to have won instead of Cheslie, but then maybe she should have given a better answer in top three; the fact she was the most beautiful is probably the only reason she was 1RU, her answer was the worst of the bunch. Last year I thought Arkansas was the most beautiful in the top five, but her answer was clearly the worst of the bunch and that's why she didn't make top three. It's really that simple.
The bottom line is that during Trump era, final Q round barely matters, the judges have already decided whom they like after SS/EG rounds except in the year of Rima where she won out of no where.
On the other hand, IMG era which happened to be an era where there is more emphasis on inclusivity and social movement in general society, PC indeed plays a role. But then again, you can't deny Deshauna, Kara, Sarah and Cheslie spoke the best in question rounds so their win is totally justified. Not my choice in their respective years tbh but they earned their crowning on their merits.
AUSTIN III
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 17 Feb 1992
Profession: Social Relation,Education
Hobbies/Interests: Reading,Singing,Dancing....
Message: I measure my success with how many failures I have been through..

Postby itsrowdy801 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:12 am

So at this point, I'm no longer wondering if Miss USA will be altered in an unprecedented manner in light of the pandemic. It would be seen by many as irresponsible if they go through with it as normal and be bad PR for the organization. At this point, I think it will be one of these three scenarios. If I'm wrong, I'll be pleasantly surprised. But

1) They postpone it to a later date - I've heard July floated around, or likely later. And some major events like Coachella have postponed to a definite date instead of cancelling outright. So its a possibility, but this ordeal will likely not be over in the next few months or could be even worse.

2) They hold the pageant without an audience. I honestly feel this is probably the best course of action on paper, however it is unlikely since a huge part of their revenue stream is ticket sales and hosting fees.

3) They cancel it outright. This is the worst case scenario I am praying won't happen. These titleholders deserve the opportunity to compete.
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:40 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:So at this point, I'm no longer wondering if Miss USA will be altered in an unprecedented manner in light of the pandemic. It would be seen by many as irresponsible if they go through with it as normal and be bad PR for the organization. At this point, I think it will be one of these three scenarios. If I'm wrong, I'll be pleasantly surprised. But

1) They postpone it to a later date - I've heard July floated around, or likely later. And some major events like Coachella have postponed to a definite date instead of cancelling outright. So its a possibility, but this ordeal will likely not be over in the next few months or could be even worse.

2) They hold the pageant without an audience. I honestly feel this is probably the best course of action on paper, however it is unlikely since a huge part of their revenue stream is ticket sales and hosting fees.

3) They cancel it outright. This is the worst case scenario I am praying won't happen. These titleholders deserve the opportunity to compete.

I think postponing it is just dangerous. We don't know where this outbreak is heading; things could be even worse in July. I think the best course of action right now is just holding it without an audience and severely minimizing the budget. Yes, it'd be sad that these girls will have to compete in a pageant where there's even less to do than usually, but I'd rather that than canceling it entirely or risking things by postponing it. A live audience is not a necessity for a pageant like it is for a music festival, and hopefully if they shrink the budget for Miss USA to hold it in a small venue with no live audience they can use that saved money on Miss Universe.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby pippo93 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:42 pm

I THINK THAT IT WILL POSTPONED.
IN THIS UNCERTAIN PERIOD, MOST LIKELY THE PAGEANT WILL BE IN VEGAS (THE TYPICAL CHOICE OF LAST MINUTE), PROBABLY IN JULY/AUGUST OR EVEN IN SEPTEMBER, BUT I FIRMLY DOUBT THAT IT WILL HAPPEN WITHOUT AUDIENCE OR EVEN CANCELLED.

THE ONLY REASON OF CANCELLATION THAT I COULD LIKE IS ONLY TO BRING BACK THE TWO PAGEANT IN THEIR HISTORICAL PERIOD (MISS USA IN FEBRUARY AND MISS UNIVERSE IN MAY)
pippo93

Date of Birth: 29 Sep 1993
Profession: Medical Doctor, Resident in Nephrology
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Chinese Zodiac: Rooster
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty Pageants

Postby wanderlustwoman » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:56 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:So at this point, I'm no longer wondering if Miss USA will be altered in an unprecedented manner in light of the pandemic. It would be seen by many as irresponsible if they go through with it as normal and be bad PR for the organization. At this point, I think it will be one of these three scenarios. If I'm wrong, I'll be pleasantly surprised. But

If I have to pay for a livestream of audience-less prelims then I wouldn't mind because that's how much I support the girls. They really got dealt a bad hand.
wanderlustwoman

Date of Birth: 18 Oct 1991
Profession: Hostess
Chinese Zodiac: Goat
Hobbies/Interests: travel, cooking, cats, anti-MLM

Postby The Duchess » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:24 pm

As of now, IF they wanna do Miss USA (Miss PR, MUPR, MEPR and BBPI also have their pageants in the late April to June window) then I guess I would go for a audience-less pageant. But would any of you suggest skipping this year? Because we could pospone it but when? We still don't know how much worse this virus will get with the months and in the case of international pageants theres travel bans and quarantines all over the place. I don't know, just thinking
The Duchess

Postby itsrowdy801 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:41 pm

The Duchess wrote:As of now, IF they wanna do Miss USA (Miss PR, MUPR, MEPR and BBPI also have their pageants in the late April to June window) then I guess I would go for a audience-less pageant. But would any of you suggest skipping this year? Because we could pospone it but when? We still don't know how much worse this virus will get with the months and in the case of international pageants theres travel bans and quarantines all over the place. I don't know, just thinking

Cancelling seems to be an absolute last resort, and if they do so, there should be a way to ensure that the Class of 2020 gets a chance to compete once things are more back to normal.

At this point, it's hard to find a solution that doesn't have major downsides. If they do an audience-less pageant, that's still 51 contestants (or 102, if they do Teen cocurrently again) in close quarters for a week or more, plus all the staff, crew, etc. that would be in close quarters as well. That makes me worried they might cancel it alltogether. And you're right, once international pageant season happens (if the worst isn't over by winter), that would open up a whole new can of worms too. I'm hopeful, but honestly nervous.
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:31 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:
The Duchess wrote:As of now, IF they wanna do Miss USA (Miss PR, MUPR, MEPR and BBPI also have their pageants in the late April to June window) then I guess I would go for a audience-less pageant. But would any of you suggest skipping this year? Because we could pospone it but when? We still don't know how much worse this virus will get with the months and in the case of international pageants theres travel bans and quarantines all over the place. I don't know, just thinking

Cancelling seems to be an absolute last resort, and if they do so, there should be a way to ensure that the Class of 2020 gets a chance to compete once things are more back to normal.

At this point, it's hard to find a solution that doesn't have major downsides. If they do an audience-less pageant, that's still 51 contestants (or 102, if they do Teen cocurrently again) in close quarters for a week or more, plus all the staff, crew, etc. that would be in close quarters as well. That makes me worried they might cancel it alltogether. And you're right, once international pageant season happens (if the worst isn't over by winter), that would open up a whole new can of worms too. I'm hopeful, but honestly nervous.

I agree. If it's canceled then the class of 2020 should just become the class of 2021. That's the only way I'd support a cancelation.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby The Duchess » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:43 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:

I agree. If it's canceled then the class of 2020 should just become the class of 2021. That's the only way I'd support a cancelation.

When we posponed Miss World PR 2017 because of Hurricane Irma/Maria the class of 2017 became the class of 2018 and Stephanie's 1RU (also named Stephanie) got to have a full reign. Win Win
The Duchess

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:06 am

What I think they should do is postpone until the fall, by then the worst will probably be over and life will be getting back to normal. If things are still bad in the fall, then they should either do an audience-less pageant as a backup plan, or postpone til spring 2021 and have the Class of 2020 become the Class of 2021. I do wish that MUO would be a little more transparent and share publicly what they're thinking about doing, but I'm not holding my breath for that.
itsrowdy801

Postby Jonathan Nguyen » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:23 pm

I work in Rockville, Maryland and my company has strongly encouraged employees who are capable of working from home to do so until April 10. The USA is taking the pandemic seriously so i hope we have it under control soon. No cancellation for Miss USA :)>-

Jonathan Nguyen

Real Life Name/Nick: Jonathan Nguyen
Date of Birth: 10 Aug 1997
Profession: Software Developer
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Miss Universe and Miss World

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:39 am

Jonathan Nguyen wrote:The USA is taking the pandemic seriously

I respectfully disagree. Maybe individual states are, but the federal government is not by any means.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:37 am

Jonathan Nguyen wrote:The USA is taking the pandemic seriously

I respectfully disagree. Maybe individual states are, but the federal government is not by any means.

Ain't that the fuckin truth, you're right. I could go on and on about this administration's mishandling of this pandemic.

BUT business and event organizers have been handling this fairly well. I'll admit, I was a bit of a skeptic at first that cancelling so many major events was necessary. But it's incredibly clear that is the best course of action (#flattenthecurve). MUO should make changes this year for the safety of contestants, fans, and the general public, and they almost certainly will. I'm just also concerned about making sure that these 51 women get the chance to compete that they've all earned. I realize that to much of the general public, pageantry seems trivial, but it's important to many of us and especially important to the contestants.
itsrowdy801

Postby The Duchess » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:12 pm

There's a running competition to see which government handled it worse

Puerto Rico is atleast Top 10 *facepalm*
The Duchess

Postby pippo93 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:27 pm

AND IF MUO COULD BE BACK TO THE VERY FIRST DECADE OF PAGEANT, WHERE MISS USA AND MISS UNIVERSE WERE HELD SIMULTANEOUSLY?

WE COULD HAVE
MISS TEEN USA AND MISS USA HELD A WEEK/10 DAYS BEFORE MISS UNIVERSE, AND THAN MISS UNIVERSE, ON THE VERY SAME STAGE. LIKE THE MISS SUPRANATIONAL SYSTEM.

THIS COULD BE A SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM, POSTPONED ALL OF THREE TILL OCTOBER/NOVEMBER
pippo93

Date of Birth: 29 Sep 1993
Profession: Medical Doctor, Resident in Nephrology
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Chinese Zodiac: Rooster
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty Pageants

PreviousNext

Return to Miss Universe