MISS USA 2020 // MISSISSIPPI IS MISS USA 2020 // MAJOR NEWS

Re: ROAD TO MISS USA 2020 // CALIFORNIA AND NEW MEXICO THIS

Postby Malcanthet » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:37 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:What do y'all think of there being so many former MAO state titleholders (six!) this year? I don't recall of there ever being that many in recent memory, maybe a reflection on Miss America becoming an anti-pageantry joke as of late. A former Miss America state titleholder hasn't won the Miss USA crown since Shandi, but last year the MAO alumnae did quite well. Thinking about this as I start to put together my tentative Top 15.

The Miss America pageant or whatever it’s called is no longer a pageant in a conventional sense. It’s just a job interview show now. In a way Miss USA is now veering toward girls Miss America used to look for so maybe that is why there are more than the usual cross overs.

Malcanthet
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: TCL
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1969
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Adm Asst
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: Music, swimming

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:25 am

Malcanthet wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:What do y'all think of there being so many former MAO state titleholders (six!) this year? I don't recall of there ever being that many in recent memory, maybe a reflection on Miss America becoming an anti-pageantry joke as of late. A former Miss America state titleholder hasn't won the Miss USA crown since Shandi, but last year the MAO alumnae did quite well. Thinking about this as I start to put together my tentative Top 15.

The Miss America pageant or whatever it’s called is no longer a pageant in a conventional sense. It’s just a job interview show now. In a way Miss USA is now veering toward girls Miss America used to look for so maybe that is why there are more than the usual cross overs.

Yes, yes, I expect to see more of this in the future, and MAO experience can be either an asset (major national pageant experience) or a liability (tends to have a very different look/vibe/style and some girls make the transition better than others) so it remains to be seen, but my gut is telling me to include a handful on my list
itsrowdy801
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Rowdy
Date of Birth: 21 Aug 1994
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Customer Service @ Travel Startup
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants, Comedy, Politics

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:36 am

So many MAO girls are starting to hate the MAO. I remember a number of former MAO contestants (girls still competing in the state division who didn't make it to Miss America yet) began switching over to Miss USA after MAO restructuring (New Hampshire 2019 in particular made a long Instagram post about how opposed to removing the swimsuit competition she was). MAO has alienated so much of their base with their reforms, they're fixing the complaints from people not involved in pageantry, so obviously girls involved in pageantry are gonna be mad.

MAO girls do tend to excel in different areas though. As it's a scholarship pageant, many girls who prioritized MAO over Miss USA are very academically-driven and very intellectual, as opposed to some girls who originally chose Miss USA over MAO because Miss USA was very entertainment-focused and glamorous. Now that Miss USA has shifted to prioritizing speaking and intellect, those MAO girls are doing much better and the original Miss USA girls are not.
Queen of the Clouds
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 18 Mar 1996
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Lawyer
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Hobbies/Interests: Fashion, music, film, politics, and parties

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:56 am

Queen of the Clouds wrote:

So many MAO girls are starting to hate the MAO. I remember a number of former MAO contestants (girls still competing in the state division who didn't make it to Miss America yet) began switching over to Miss USA after MAO restructuring (New Hampshire 2019 in particular made a long Instagram post about how opposed to removing the swimsuit competition she was). MAO has alienated so much of their base with their reforms, they're fixing the complaints from people not involved in pageantry, so obviously girls involved in pageantry are gonna be mad.

MAO girls do tend to excel in different areas though. As it's a scholarship pageant, many girls who prioritized MAO over Miss USA are very academically-driven and very intellectual, as opposed to some girls who originally chose Miss USA over MAO because Miss USA was very entertainment-focused and glamorous. Now that Miss USA has shifted to prioritizing speaking and intellect, those MAO girls are doing much better and the original Miss USA girls are not.

Yes very good point. I've always been more of a fan of watching Miss USA over Miss America even when I was little but I think we're all in agreement that Miss America is a total joke now, and I think that Miss USA has a great balance now of beauty & brains. Shifting around my picks to include more MAO girls who were previously on the bubble into my Top 15 (dying to post my list but I'll wait til all the state pageants are done) but you're absolutely right, that puts them at a huge advantage.
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:19 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:

Yes very good point. I've always been more of a fan of watching Miss USA over Miss America even when I was little but I think we're all in agreement that Miss America is a total joke now, and I think that Miss USA has a great balance now of beauty & brains. Shifting around my picks to include more MAO girls who were previously on the bubble into my Top 15 (dying to post my list but I'll wait til all the state pageants are done) but you're absolutely right, that puts them at a huge advantage.

Agreed. When I was younger I watched both pageants because I just loved pageantry, but Miss USA was always my favorite because of how fun and glamorous it was. I found Miss America to be way too traditional and boring. Now fast forward how many years, MAO is completely imploding. This year they didn't even have a pageant, it was just America's Got Talent. I feel bad for the girls who won their state pageants thinking the format would be the same as the 2019's competition, and then they find out all the changes that were gonna be happening for 2020 after they already committed to competing. I would be pissed. I expect to see a lot of Miss America 2020 girls competing in Miss USA state pageants for 2021. I definitely will not be watching Miss America anymore at all.

Some MAO girls this year that I think we should definitely be watching are Mississippi (first black titleholder in a state that's 40% black, business owner, advocate for children with incarcerated parents), DC (huge résumé working in government, politics, and public speaking), and Nebraska (CEO of a women's empowerment organization).
Queen of the Clouds

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:33 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:

Agreed. When I was younger I watched both pageants because I just loved pageantry, but Miss USA was always my favorite because of how fun and glamorous it was. I found Miss America to be way too traditional and boring. Now fast forward how many years, MAO is completely imploding. This year they didn't even have a pageant, it was just America's Got Talent. I feel bad for the girls who won their state pageants thinking the format would be the same as the 2019's competition, and then they find out all the changes that were gonna be happening for 2020 after they already committed to competing. I would be pissed. I expect to see a lot of Miss America 2020 girls competing in Miss USA state pageants for 2021. I definitely will not be watching Miss America anymore at all.

Some MAO girls this year that I think we should definitely be watching are Mississippi (first black titleholder in a state that's 40% black, business owner, advocate for children with incarcerated parents), DC (huge résumé working in government, politics, and public speaking), and Nebraska (CEO of a women's empowerment organization).

Yessss I've got my eye on them as well, Georgia too! Overall great batch of former MAO titleholders this year and I expect that to continue in coming years. If ruining their "pageant" isn't enough reason for MAO girls to jump ship, their horrifying attempt to silence Miss DC this year from talking about her platform is all the more reason to leave that organization and I wouldn't blame anyone who wanted to.
itsrowdy801

Postby pacifico falafoxy » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:45 am

IMG is now deglamorizing Miss USA. It is now becoming Miss America 2.0.
Unless MUO is being bought by another company and bring back its old glamor and glory, it is going downhill.

I’m not a fan of Miss America. But I saw the last edition. It was more of a job interview. There was no glamor, not a beauty contest.

Many Miss America former candidates / aspirants are switching to Miss USA because they still like the glamorized beauty pageant of Miss USA while it lasts. Many of them still like to flaunt their bodies because they still feel like sexy, healthy and fit.

Liberals / feminists who like to control America like a communist society are the ones responsible for downgrading beauty pageants. Sad but true. Many Americans are still loving the old, traditional culture, morals, values and lifestyle the way things decades ago. In short, liberals are trouble makers.
pacifico falafoxy

Real Life Name/Nick: Fico
Date of Birth: 15 Oct 1994
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Healthcare
Hobbies/Interests: Internet, travelling

Postby novemberRain » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:02 pm

I'm not feelin California #:-S

The only girl i like is her
ONLYBIG3PAGEANTS!
MW-MU-MI more than 50 Years of History

novemberRain
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: Didi
Date of Birth: 13 Nov 1985
Sexual Orientation: Bicurious
Profession: Analyst
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Prediction Games
Message: “Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it.”

Postby madamebovarry » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:07 pm

Hawaii look like Miss teen usa 2019
madamebovarry

Date of Birth: 23 Feb 1969
Profession: dancer
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: eurovision song contest beauty pageant lifeguards

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:26 pm

pacifico falafoxy wrote:IMG is now deglamorizing Miss USA. It is now becoming Miss America 2.0.
Unless MUO is being bought by another company and bring back its old glamor and glory, it is going downhill.

I’m not a fan of Miss America. But I saw the last edition. It was more of a job interview. There was no glamor, not a beauty contest.

Many Miss America former candidates / aspirants are switching to Miss USA because they still like the glamorized beauty pageant of Miss USA while it lasts. Many of them still like to flaunt their bodies because they still feel like sexy, healthy and fit.

Liberals / feminists who like to control America like a communist society are the ones responsible for downgrading beauty pageants. Sad but true. Many Americans are still loving the old, traditional culture, morals, values and lifestyle the way things decades ago. In short, liberals are trouble makers.

Sis no it's not. Miss USA is still glamorous, their winners are still all beautiful, and I don't expect that to change and there's no evidence they are going to follow in MAO's footsteps. And there are plenty of "liberals and feminists" who like or are in pageantry. Some things about the "way things were decades ago" absolutely need to change and they fortunately are, but glamour and entertainment are timeless.
itsrowdy801

Postby wanderlustwoman » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:32 am

pacifico falafoxy wrote:IMG is now deglamorizing Miss USA. It is now becoming Miss America 2.0.

I respectfully disagree. I would say it's more like the original Miss America format in that the girls have gone from having a story to full-on platforms/service projects.
wanderlustwoman

Date of Birth: 18 Oct 1991
Profession: Hostess
Chinese Zodiac: Goat
Hobbies/Interests: travel, cooking, cats, anti-MLM

Postby itsrowdy801 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:06 am

Since nobody's posted today's winners, I'll go ahead. I can't comment on them a ton yet (I didn't watch New Mexico at all and only watched California through evening gown because I had to go out), but I am definitely excited to learn more about them soon!!

Miss New Mexico USA 2020 is Cecilia Rodriguez

Miss California USA 2020 is Allyshia Gupta

The main takeaway from California is the fact that neither Effy nor Kataluna placed, didn't see that coming, but I think Allyshia is a good choice.
itsrowdy801

Postby sarahlock » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:13 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:Since nobody's posted today's winners, I'll go ahead. I can't comment on them a ton yet (I didn't watch New Mexico at all and only watched California through evening gown because I had to go out), but I am definitely excited to learn more about them soon!!

Miss New Mexico USA 2020 is Cecilia Rodriguez

Miss California USA 2020 is Allyshia Gupta

The main takeaway from California is the fact that neither Effy nor Kataluna placed, didn't see that coming, but I think Allyshia is a good choice.

The main takeaway is to not make predictions based on edited headshots and IG and wait for prelims lol
sarahlock
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Date of Birth: 01 Mar 1990
Profession: writer
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: MUO consultant

Postby sarahlock » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:16 am

Also very happy for Cecilia! Met her a while back when she competed in California. There are now 11 native Californians on the Miss USA 2020 roster!
sarahlock

Postby itsrowdy801 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:32 am

sarahlock wrote:Also very happy for Cecilia! Met her a while back when she competed in California. There are now 11 native Californians on the Miss USA 2020 roster!

Oooooh do you know anything about Cecilia's story or platform? Starting to research her now but not coming up with much, trying to figure out if I have to rearrange my Top 15 for her.

I did just get the chance to watch back the California OSQ, it's very clear how Allyshia won because most of the other girls gave pretty weak answers and she gave a good one, and I'm still dissappointed-but-not-surprised that Brenda didn't make Top 5 (Her prelims performance was a lot better than her final show performance). I don't SEE Allyshia making my pre-arrivals list as of right now but she's definitely in the maybe category for me - she's beautiful, but seems like kinda your typical model, which IMG doesn't necessarily love. If anyone knows more about her too please share!
itsrowdy801

Postby sarahlock » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:44 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:
sarahlock wrote:Also very happy for Cecilia! Met her a while back when she competed in California. There are now 11 native Californians on the Miss USA 2020 roster!

Oooooh do you know anything about Cecilia's story or platform? Starting to research her now but not coming up with much, trying to figure out if I have to rearrange my Top 15 for her.

I did just get the chance to watch back the California OSQ, it's very clear how Allyshia won because most of the other girls gave pretty weak answers and she gave a good one, and I'm still dissappointed-but-not-surprised that Brenda didn't make Top 5 (Her prelims performance was a lot better than her final show performance). I don't SEE Allyshia making my pre-arrivals list as of right now but she's definitely in the maybe category for me - she's beautiful, but seems like kinda your typical model, which IMG doesn't necessarily love. If anyone knows more about her too please share!

I do actually know a lot of things about the girls. I have met 18 of them this year personally and about 25 in the past some way or another. I don't see the need in exposing that for a list though. They will reveal what they want leading up to Nationals and at Nationals. But I will say, the ones you think you know so much about are not as impressive as the ones you know little to nothing about. IMG doesn't and hasn't ever crowned the girl who has revealed all her cards via social media. The smart ones know that .
sarahlock

Postby itsrowdy801 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:53 am

sarahlock wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:

I do actually know a lot of things about the girls. I have met 18 of them this year personally and about 25 in the past some way or another. I don't see the need in exposing that for a list though. They will reveal what they want leading up to Nationals and at Nationals. But I will say, the ones you think you know so much about are not as impressive as the ones you know little to nothing about. IMG doesn't and hasn't ever crowned the girl who has revealed all her cards via social media. The smart ones know that .

Wow, you really are a uniquely difficult individual. First you criticize us without evidence that our favorites suck because "we don't know anything about them", and then when we ask the brilliant Sarahlock about someone in an effort to learn more, you get all tight-lipped. Fine.

And if you think IMG winners didn't talk about their platforms and careers online before the national competiton, well, that's just plain incorrect.
itsrowdy801

Postby sarahlock » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:11 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:
sarahlock wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:

Wow, you really are a uniquely difficult individual. First you criticize us without evidence that our favorites suck because "we don't know anything about them", and then when we ask the brilliant Sarahlock about someone in an effort to learn more, you get all tight-lipped. Fine.

And if you think IMG winners didn't talk about their platforms and careers online before the national competiton, well, that's just plain incorrect.

I will be difficult then - feels like water off my back. I work with the girls personally so I dont need to go toe to toe with fans. IMG winners in the past 4 years have posted the least out of the girls in their classes and that is because they were actually doing things in real life. Deshauna , Kara , Sarah , and Cheslie never posted a ton and thats a fact. Their stories unfolded AT Miss USA.
sarahlock

Postby sarahlock » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:23 am

sarahlock wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
sarahlock wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:

I will be difficult then - feels like water off my back. I work with the girls personally so I dont need to go toe to toe with fans. IMG winners in the past 4 years have posted the least out of the girls in their classes and that is because they were actually doing things in real life. Deshauna , Kara , Sarah , and Cheslie never posted a ton and thats a fact. Their stories unfolded AT Miss USA.

I am literally giving you clues into a world you are looking into from the outside and you are fighting me for the sake of your favorites :%))
sarahlock

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:10 am

MISS NEW MEXICO USA 2020 IS CECILIA RODRIGUEZ

This was Cecilia's first time competing in Miss New Mexico USA. She previously was a semifinalist in Miss Arizona USA 2020, a semifinalist in Miss California USA 2018, and a non-finalist in Miss California USA 2015, 2017, and 2019.

Full results:
Miss New Mexico USA 2020: Cecilia Rodriguez
1RU: Soraya Yanar
2RU: Margeaux Greene
3RU: Staesha Gentry
4RU: Elizabeth Nelson

Top 15:
Andrea Alvarado
Courtney Thornton
Erin Danielle Maestas
Gabrielle Montoya-Segura
Jade Kelley
Kyrsten Garrison
Mariah Lujan
Michaela Pacheco
Raquel Grant
Sapphire Persinger

Considering I specifically mentioned Cecilia when talking about my issue with girls abusing the system, I'm sure you can understand how I feel about this. She legitimately competed (as a state hopper) in Arizona just a few weeks ago, yet now suddenly has three months of residency in New Mexico? Okay, sure. I haven't really been able to find much information on Cecilia online, so I don't have much to say about her. Facially, she is not really my cup of tea, but I hope she has a great reign.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:19 am

MISS CALIFORNIA USA 2020 IS ALLYSHIA GUPTA

This was Allyshia's first time competing in Miss California USA. She is an alumni of Auburn University in Alabama, where she studied business administration and management, and works as a media planner for Horizon Media.

Full results:
Miss California USA 2020: Allyshia Gupta
1RU: Kellie Rene Hall
2RU: Erin Jones Wesley
3RU: Rachel Thompson
4RU: Natalie Benson

Top 16:
Alexandria Stevenson
Andrea Shen
Aubrey Balmonte
Brenda Zuniga
Fallon Williams
Felicia Stiles
Jasmine Vitacco
Jordyn Chessmore
Katie Himes
Sabrina Lewis
Whitney Mitchell

Allyshia is a very gorgeous girl, so I'm happy with this result. She was one of the girls who stuck out to me the most, even though the batch was decently weak imo. I'm surprised Andrea didn't even make top five, considering she was a 1RU in both California and New York, and this year the batch wasn't that tough at all. Also shocked that Effy and Katalunya didn't place, but I guess maybe they just couldn't speak. Typically I would say California is a shoe-in for a placement, but 2019 proved that nothing is for certain. I also think California 2019 proved that even if a girl is the best speaker in the world, she still needs to know how to perform on stage, because that was by far Erica's biggest weakness. If Allyshia is a great speaker with stage presence, I expect she will go far, but if she's not, then being Californian will not carry her through the competition like it used to be able to.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby sarahlock » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:32 am

Queen of the Clouds wrote:MISS NEW MEXICO USA 2020 IS CECILIA RODRIGUEZ

This was Cecilia's first time competing in Miss New Mexico USA. She previously was a semifinalist in Miss Arizona USA 2020, a semifinalist in Miss California USA 2018, and a non-finalist in Miss California USA 2015, 2017, and 2019.

Full results:

Top 15:
Andrea Alvarado
Courtney Thornton
Erin Danielle Maestas
Gabrielle Montoya-Segura
Jade Kelley
Kyrsten Garrison
Mariah Lujan
Michaela Pacheco
Raquel Grant
Sapphire Persinger

Considering I specifically mentioned Cecilia when talking about my issue with girls abusing the system, I'm sure you can understand how I feel about this. She legitimately competed (as a state hopper) in Arizona just a few weeks ago, yet now suddenly has three months of residency in New Mexico? Okay, sure. I haven't really been able to find much information on Cecilia online, so I don't have much to say about her. Facially, she is not really my cup of tea, but I hope she has a great reign.

Okay, but Cierra Jackson District of Columbia did the same thing - so I think you just have something against these California girls for what reason - I do not know. Cecilia is also stunning...... not sure what tea you drink, but maybe you should change? or add some sugar?
sarahlock

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:37 am

sarahlock wrote:
Queen of the Clouds wrote:MISS NEW MEXICO USA 2020 IS CECILIA RODRIGUEZ

Full results:

Top 15:
Andrea Alvarado
Courtney Thornton
Erin Danielle Maestas
Gabrielle Montoya-Segura
Jade Kelley
Kyrsten Garrison
Mariah Lujan
Michaela Pacheco
Raquel Grant
Sapphire Persinger

Okay, but Cierra Jackson District of Columbia did the same thing - so I think you just have something against these California girls for what reason - I do not know. Cecilia is also stunning...... not sure what tea you drink, but maybe you should change? or add some sugar?

Cierra Jackson actually lives in DC, not the same thing. You seem to have a lot of issues understanding the concept of an opinion hun.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby alex sivixay » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:32 am

This will be another interesting year because since Olivia Jordan won the winners were nowhere to be seen in my radar at all

Anyway let's look at the girls I like this year for NOW

I love love love something about Louisiana a lot, I know she is not facially strong but her personality and aura pops in photos and she has such a radiant smile. I doubt the black girls would win again this year and believe me or not I love when black girls win pageants but it has been 3/4 previous winners already and IMG has tried to promote diversity so I believe they bring it back to white girl this time around
Illinois has been my winner for a while, I feel like everything about her is just right. She is youthful yet elegant and not too Instagram Model-ish
Arkansas is the gorgeous face girl next door representation, let's see if they bring the Sarah Rose card again this year

I also like Hawaii, New York, Wyoming and Texas a lot
alex sivixay

Real Life Name/Nick: alex sivixay
Date of Birth: 16 Jul 1997
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: students
Hobbies/Interests: chatting

Postby itsrowdy801 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:13 am

alex sivixay wrote:This will be another interesting year because since Olivia Jordan won the winners were nowhere to be seen in my radar at all

Anyway let's look at the girls I like this year for NOW

I love love love something about Louisiana a lot, I know she is not facially strong but her personality and aura pops in photos and she has such a radiant smile. I doubt the black girls would win again this year and believe me or not I love when black girls win pageants but it has been 3/4 previous winners already and IMG has tried to promote diversity so I believe they bring it back to white girl this time around
Illinois has been my winner for a while, I feel like everything about her is just right. She is youthful yet elegant and not too Instagram Model-ish
Arkansas is the gorgeous face girl next door representation, let's see if they bring the Sarah Rose card again this year

I also like Hawaii, New York, Wyoming and Texas a lot

With 50 states announced, my first Top 5 is solidified. If Rayni or Parker win in Kentucky next weekend, they'll make my first Top 15 list, but my February Top Five is all but set in stone.

Utah
Idaho
Maryland
Connecticut
New York

The year for the Northeast & Intermountain West <:-P
itsrowdy801

Postby novemberRain » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:03 pm

Queen of the Clouds wrote:MISS CALIFORNIA USA 2020 IS ALLYSHIA GUPTA

This was Allyshia's first time competing in Miss California USA. She is an alumni of Auburn University in Alabama, where she studied business administration and management, and works as a media planner for Horizon Media.

Full results:
Miss California USA 2020: Allyshia Gupta
1RU: Kellie Rene Hall
2RU: Erin Jones Wesley
3RU: Rachel Thompson
4RU: Natalie Benson

Top 16:
Alexandria Stevenson
Andrea Shen
Aubrey Balmonte
Brenda Zuniga
Fallon Williams
Felicia Stiles
Jasmine Vitacco
Jordyn Chessmore
Katie Himes
Sabrina Lewis
Whitney Mitchell

Allyshia is a very gorgeous girl, so I'm happy with this result. She was one of the girls who stuck out to me the most, even though the batch was decently weak imo. I'm surprised Andrea didn't even make top five, considering she was a 1RU in both California and New York, and this year the batch wasn't that tough at all. Also shocked that Effy and Katalunya didn't place, but I guess maybe they just couldn't speak. Typically I would say California is a shoe-in for a placement, but 2019 proved that nothing is for certain. I also think California 2019 proved that even if a girl is the best speaker in the world, she still needs to know how to perform on stage, because that was by far Erica's biggest weakness. If Allyshia is a great speaker with stage presence, I expect she will go far, but if she's not, then being Californian will not carry her through the competition like it used to be able to.

Ughh... My bae Erin Jones Wesley is 2nd ru.. hope you return next year #:-S

About the winner, i'm not a fan @-) its like another Stifler's mom prototype since Cassandra Kunze won in 2014.
ONLYBIG3PAGEANTS!
MW-MU-MI more than 50 Years of History

novemberRain

Real Life Name/Nick: Didi
Date of Birth: 13 Nov 1985
Sexual Orientation: Bicurious
Profession: Analyst
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Hobbies/Interests: Prediction Games
Message: “Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it.”

Re: ROAD TO MISS USA 2020 // KENTUCKY THIS WEEKEND (LAST STA

Postby Malcanthet » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:36 pm

So Miss New Mexico USA tried for several years in California, went unplaced and only managed to crack into the semi-finals one time...managed to place in Arizona...and went on to win the New Mexico state title on her first try in that state. Ok. I guess Arizona is a now a lost cause for state hoppers as the California exodus made its way East. Arizona is becoming too competitive.I am seeing the Dakotas being the next two states for the invasion!

As for California, poor Andrea only made as far as the semi-finals, the eventual winner I think is the weakest titleholder from CA in awhile. But with IMG, you never really know what they are looking for as the 2019 Miss USA pageant was just one WTF moment after another....Cheslie was no Kenya Moore, Carole Gist or Deshauna Barber.
Malcanthet

Postby Malcanthet » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:49 pm

From what i heard to enter the Miss America pageant, there is no entry fee you needed to pay on any level in the pageant. The only catch is that, unlike Miss USA where you can go straight to the state level, in Miss America, you have to win one of the local titles in you state before moving on.
Malcanthet

Postby TheGenuineBeauty » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:09 am

New Mexico and California are both maybes for me. As for Kentucky, this is my Top 5...

Top 5
West Lexington
Owenton
Western Kentucky
Hurstbourne Twp
Burnside

Top 15 (in random order): Alexandria, Pikeville, Louisville, Bluegrass, East Louisville, Southern Kentucky, Lawrenceburg, Southern Kentucky, Tates Creek, and Lebanon Junction
PUERTO RICO REBORN

2018: Kiara Ortega (Top 5)
2019: Madison Anderson (1st RU)
2020: Estefania Soto (Top 10)
2021: Michelle Colon (Top 10)
2022: Ashley Cariño (TBA)
TheGenuineBeauty
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Date of Birth: 24 Jul 1996
Profession: Student
Hobbies/Interests: Reading
Message: Promote what you love instead of attacking what you hate.

Postby kurtij » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:20 am

NEW MEXICO LOOKS LIKE DOM REP UNIVERSE 2008.
kurtij
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: m_cronin
Date of Birth: 27 Dec 1989
Profession: Missosologist
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: CURSING

PreviousNext

Return to Miss Universe