MISS USA 2020 // MISSISSIPPI IS MISS USA 2020 // MAJOR NEWS

Re: ROAD TO MISS USA 2020 // MA, NE, AND OR TONIGHT

Postby Kumukutikutitap » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:52 pm

KateW wrote:
Queen of the Clouds wrote:And another Californian joins the class of 2020. Honestly it's enough at this point, like it's getting so exhausting how half the girls are actually from California here.

There are now 10 former California USA contestants at Miss USA 2020: Colorado, Hawaii, Maryland, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Tennessee, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming. The geographical breakdown is four in the Northwest states (Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming), three in the Southwest states (Colorado, Hawaii, Nevada), one in the Midwest states (Wisconsin), one in the Northeast states (Maryland), and one in the Southern states (Tennessee).

Future Productions directs seven states (Colorado, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Wyoming) and three of their states were won by former California USA contestants. Pageants Northwest directs four states (Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington) and three of their states were won by former California USA contestants.

With 1/5 of the Miss USA 2020 contestants being former California USA contestants, Miss USA 2020 is essentially Miss California USA 2020 at this point.

The Miss California search is just so competitive it’s hard for girls to make it!

Kumukutikutitap
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: Bobbie
Date of Birth: 01 Jun 1991
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Dancer
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hobbies/Interests: Lurking on the net

Postby Malcanthet » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:56 pm

Queen of the Clouds wrote:And another Californian joins the class of 2020. Honestly it's enough at this point, like it's getting so exhausting how half the girls are actually from California here. Oregon isn't a particularly strong state so I never really expect much from them, but Katerina was a good choice. She's a cute girl and has the IMG educational background that does well nowadays. Too bad there's no talent component because she's a professional singer.[/color][/i]

10 our of 51 is nearly 20%...it is approaching nearly a quarter of 2020 will be originally from California. If this continues, Californian girls will basically take over the entire West Coast states and all the states adjacent to them...surprise if there's anybody left to compete at California USA. Too bad Alaska is too far away and cold. They would've flooded that State also. So much for state loyalty. I have yet to see Texans making such a mass exodus into their adjacent states.
Malcanthet

Real Life Name/Nick: TCL
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1969
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Adm Asst
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: Music, swimming

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:07 pm

Malcanthet wrote:
Queen of the Clouds wrote:And another Californian joins the class of 2020. Honestly it's enough at this point, like it's getting so exhausting how half the girls are actually from California here. Oregon isn't a particularly strong state so I never really expect much from them, but Katerina was a good choice. She's a cute girl and has the IMG educational background that does well nowadays. Too bad there's no talent component because she's a professional singer.[/color][/i]

10 our of 51 is nearly 20%...it is approaching nearly a quarter of 2020 will be originally from California. If this continues, Californian girls will basically take over the entire West Coast states and all the states adjacent to them...surprise if there's anybody left to compete at California USA. Too bad Alaska is too far away and cold. They would've flooded that State also. So much for state loyalty. I have yet to see Texans making such a mass exodus into their adjacent states.

Exactly. It's specifically Californian girls. Sure, California is competitive, but so are Texas and New York, but you don't see girls from there leaving en masse. It just seems so opportunistic on the part of these Californian girls. I have no problem if they're representing the state they grew up in (I might actually prefer that), but they're not, and they're going to states they know nothing about.
Queen of the Clouds
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 18 Mar 1996
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Lawyer
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Hobbies/Interests: Fashion, music, film, politics, and parties

Re: ROAD TO MISS USA 2020 // UT, DC, FL, KS, NY, VA THIS WEE

Postby itsrowdy801 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:08 am

Queen of the Clouds wrote:MISS FLORIDA USA 2020 CONTESTANTS ARE UP

https://www.facebook.com/pg/MissFloridaUSA/photos/?tab=album&album_id=2875666702493518&ref=page_internal

As I expected, they just got put into a Facebook album a few days before the competition; that's lazy directing in my opinion. It's kinda hard to cross reference them all when it's just images (I use the text finder), so if I miss someone then that's my bad. Only one of 2019's runners-up has returned: Monique Evans (2RU, Miss Texas 2014). Returning semifinalists include Narissa Adside, Taylor Fulford (4RU 2017), Sabrina Ramos, and Chrissy Reynoso. Missouri runner-up (1RU 2020, 2RU 2019) Alison Bowles has state hopped to Florida. I didn't recognize anyone else, but as I said, that could just be me messing up because of the format. There are a lot of girls here who look very promising though: Tere Cooley, Shelby Crawford, Kristy Davenport, Kristina Harrigan Davis, Kaley Dignen, Nicole Drollette, Alyssa Racquel Hill, Haley McElravy, Serena Morizio, Anyella Daniela Nieto, Shakera Quince, Dominique Rivera (semifinalist Florida Teen 2019), Karen Robledo, and Jennifer Valdes stood out to me. Definitely a wide open contest in Florida, with many girls worthy of the title who could go very far nationally and at Miss Universe.

Monique Evans:

Taylor Fulford:

Alison Bowles:

Serena Morizio:

Another returning semifinalist from another state is Ciara Hibdon, who was in the Arkansas Miss semifinals in '18 (also Miss Congeniality) and '19, and Arkansas Teen semifinals in '12 and '14. I wouldn't call her a state hopper per se because she's leaving a more respected directorship to the hot mess limbo of Florida, and FL is a lot bigger than AR, but potato potahto.
itsrowdy801
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Rowdy
Date of Birth: 21 Aug 1994
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Customer Service @ Travel Startup
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants, Comedy, Politics

Postby Malcanthet » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:42 am

Queen of the Clouds wrote:
Malcanthet wrote:

Exactly. It's specifically Californian girls. Sure, California is competitive, but so are Texas and New York, but you don't see girls from there leaving en masse. It just seems so opportunistic on the part of these Californian girls. I have no problem if they're representing the state they grew up in (I might actually prefer that), but they're not, and they're going to states they know nothing about.

Again, it a case where the girls from Texas are proud to be Texans and couldn’t imagine representing any other state than Texas. It’s probably California culture...the ends justify the means. The new three month residency rule must be heaven sent to them. Too bad there’s a limit to only two state pageants a year. They would go for more if given the chance.
Malcanthet

Real Life Name/Nick: TCL
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1969
Profession: Adm Asst
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: Music, swimming

Postby KateW » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:56 am

Malcanthet wrote:I have yet to see Texans making such a mass exodus into their adjacent states.

Malcanthet wrote:Again, it a case where the girls from Texas are proud to be Texans and couldn’t imagine representing any other state than Texas.

Look at the states that neighbor Texas: New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana. Besides New Mexico, the rest of them have a strong pageant culture. There's really no point for a Texas USA contestant to state hop to Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana as it wouldn't be any easier to win there. Given Allie Gonzalez's successful state hop from Texas to New Mexico, I'm expecting to see a good number of former Texas USA contestants show up at New Mexico USA in less than two weeks.
KateW
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1980
Profession: Banking
Hobbies/Interests: Travel

Postby itsrowdy801 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:26 am

Malcanthet wrote:
Malcanthet wrote:

Again, it a case where the girls from Texas are proud to be Texans and couldn’t imagine representing any other state than Texas. It’s probably California culture...the ends justify the means. The new three month residency rule must be heaven sent to them. Too bad there’s a limit to only two state pageants a year. They would go for more if given the chance.

I think many of them are legitimate. Justice Enlow's whole family was moving to Nashville. Emily DeMure goes to UC-Boulder. Samantha Neyland was Miss Hawaii Teen USA long before she competed in California and as such presumably grew up at least partly in Hawaii. Victoria Olona is originally from Colorado so she's not even a California native (although to be fair still not a born-and-bred Nevadan). Taelyr Robinson hasn't lived in California in years (although it could be said more appropriately that she was state-hopping away from New York, but I give her a pass because I adore her) I do think something can be said about it not being cool to use a friend's address to establish "residency" in a place you have never lived, but fact is California is the most populous state in the country, and even bigger with people who are trying to get into the talent industry, so it'd make sense a lot of pageant girls have ties there. And Shanna Moakler's earlier comment here about girls wanting to work with a certain director is absolutely a motivating factor, and this year if someone wants to work with any director at all, California would be a no-go.

Underlying message is people move around for totally legitimate reasons. I'm still iffy about people just using a friend's address which DOES happen, but at the end of the day I wouldn't want to stand in the way of anyone's dreams, do what you gotta do to get that crown.
itsrowdy801

Postby missfinlandia » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:15 pm

missfinlandia

Real Life Name/Nick: MissSuomi
Date of Birth: 29 Nov 1913
Profession: This and that
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Hobbies/Interests: Shopping

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:41 pm

MISS NEW MEXICO USA 2020 CONTESTANTS ARE UP

https://www.facebook.com/MissNewMexicoUSA/photos/a.3607048566002418/3607051436002131/?type=3&theater

Three of 2019's runners-up have returned for the 2020 competition: Staesha Gentry (2RU), Elizabeth Nelson (3RU), and Sapphire Persinger (4RU). Miss New Mexico Teen USA 2016 Margeaux Greene has decided to make her Miss division debut. I'd say the crown is a toss-up between those four girls. Other notable girls are Erin Maestas (semifinalist 2018), Gabrielle Montoya-Segura (semifinalist 2018), and Michaela Pacheco (New Mexico Teen semifinalist 2019). Andrea Alvarado, Emma Martinez, and Soraya Yanar stood out to me as newcomers. I believe Cecilia Rodriguez is a former California non-placer. Three girls did not submit a headshot, but they are all newcomers. I wish Arianna Bustos would have competed :( .

Staesha Gentry:

Elizabeth Nelson:

Margeaux Greene:
Last edited by Queen of the Clouds on Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby KateW » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:13 am

Queen of the Clouds wrote:Cecilia Rodriguez is a former California non-placer.

Cecilia Rodriguez was a semifinalist at Arizona USA 2020 which was held a little over a week ago. She has also made four attempts at California USA: non-finalist 2019, semifinalist 2018, non-finalist 2017, non-finalist 2015.

I guess her plan is to hopscotch all the Southwest states until she wins somewhere. We could see her in Nevada or Utah next year.
Last edited by KateW on Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
KateW

Postby wanderlustwoman » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:10 am

Miss USA 2020 should be held in California! If almost a quarter of the class already lives there, they won't have to spent a fortune on travel. So which city are we thinking? LA is the obvious choice, but it would be neat to see it held in San Diego or back where it all began in Long Beach.
wanderlustwoman
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 18 Oct 1991
Profession: Hostess
Chinese Zodiac: Goat
Hobbies/Interests: travel, cooking, cats, anti-MLM

Postby itsrowdy801 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:28 am

wanderlustwoman wrote:Miss USA 2020 should be held in California! If almost a quarter of the class already lives there, they won't have to spent a fortune on travel. So which city are we thinking? LA is the obvious choice, but it would be neat to see it held in San Diego or back where it all began in Long Beach.

On the off chance it is in California, I don't think it'd be in a big cosmopolitan city like LA or San Diego with IMG's budget. It'll probably be in some small city that nobody wants to visit where the CVB is willing to throw out $$$ in hopes some people will want to travel there for a change. Think Sacramento, Fresno, Bakersfield.

Suspending my (strong) doubts, the California city I'd pick would be the Silicon Valley area. It would be a great tie-in with MUO's focus on women in STEM.
itsrowdy801

Re: ROAD TO MISS USA 2020 // MA, NE, AND OR THIS WEEKEND

Postby kurtij » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:06 am

Queen of the Clouds wrote:MISS KANSAS USA 2020 CONTESTANTS ARE UP

http://www.warriorsforross.com/ksusa2020/index.html

Finlandia you're always one second too quick for me lol. There's quite a good batch in Kansas!! Three of 2019's runners-up have returned: Faith Tyrell (2RU), Camila Sacco (3RU), and Hayden Brax (4RU). Former runner-up Jenna Kaufman (1RU 2013, semifinalist 2014) has also returned after only placing in the semifinals at Miss Missouri USA 2020 (she is a Kansas City resident, meaning dual residence for MO and KS is quite easy since the city overlaps both states). The remaining girls seem to generally be newcomers. The other girls who stood out to me most are D'Nashai Williams, Elana Tran (former Texas Teen semifinalist), Kirstin Bangs, Aryssa Joel, Elizabeth Young, and Alexandria Black (former Missouri semifinalist and Missouri Teen runner-up).

Faith Tyrell:

Camila Sacco:

Hayden Brax:

Jenna Kaufman:

Elana Tran:

Alexandria Black:

Aryssa Joel:

FAITH OR JENNA FOR KANSAS.

JENNA REMINDS ME OF EVANGELIA ARAVANI
kurtij
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: m_cronin
Date of Birth: 27 Dec 1989
Profession: Missosologist
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: CURSING

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:48 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:
Malcanthet wrote:
Malcanthet wrote:

I think many of them are legitimate. Justice Enlow's whole family was moving to Nashville. Emily DeMure goes to UC-Boulder. Samantha Neyland was Miss Hawaii Teen USA long before she competed in California and as such presumably grew up at least partly in Hawaii. Victoria Olona is originally from Colorado so she's not even a California native (although to be fair still not a born-and-bred Nevadan). Taelyr Robinson hasn't lived in California in years (although it could be said more appropriately that she was state-hopping away from New York, but I give her a pass because I adore her) I do think something can be said about it not being cool to use a friend's address to establish "residency" in a place you have never lived, but fact is California is the most populous state in the country, and even bigger with people who are trying to get into the talent industry, so it'd make sense a lot of pageant girls have ties there. And Shanna Moakler's earlier comment here about girls wanting to work with a certain director is absolutely a motivating factor, and this year if someone wants to work with any director at all, California would be a no-go.

Underlying message is people move around for totally legitimate reasons. I'm still iffy about people just using a friend's address which DOES happen, but at the end of the day I wouldn't want to stand in the way of anyone's dreams, do what you gotta do to get that crown.

When I make reference to how dominant girls associated with California this year are, it's much less of a state hopper critique and more just a general observation. Not every CA girl is a state hopper (Samantha is from Hawaii but moved to CA), and not every CA girl is abusing the system because they can't win Miss CA USA (Katie is from CA, but she has never competed there and only competed in Wyoming).

I'm not upset about the girls from California who have a legitimate connection to the states they're representing. Samantha technically state hopped to California since she grew up in Hawaii, and I don't have a problem with Emily because she does go to school in Colorado or Justice since her family legitimately moved to Tennessee. It's the girls like Victoria, Taelyr, Katerina, Merissa, etc., all of whom did not grow up in the states they're representing nor do they have any interest in permanently residing there, and they will all move back to their home states after relinquishing their titles. The states they're representing are no more than just a vessel to get to Miss USA, and they don't care at all about actually representing it or its people, which is why the 51 representatives system exists. I don't care that Victoria didn't grow up in California, she had a permanent residence in CA and actually lived there full-time, not just because she wanted to be Miss California USA.

Moving across state lines is not uncommon, the problem is when girls are cheating to go somewhere. Some state hoppers like Gabriella do seem to actually live and work in the state they state hopped too, which makes me feel more okay with it; it's just when they so obviously are cheating their way through the system when I have a problem. This girl Cecilia Rodriguez competed in Arizona just a few weeks ago, but now suddenly has three months of residency in New Mexico? Not to mention she competed in California year after year before suddenly "moving" to Arizona this year. That clearly should be unacceptable.

I've heard the "well some girls just deserve a crown" argument before, and honestly I really just disagree with it. A girl deserves a crown if she wins a crown. Nothing in life is undeserved because nothing in life is random, and there is a reason why everything happens. If you can't capture your state title through not-shady ways, then this just wasn't your path in life and I'm sure you'll go on to do other great things.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby KateW » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:53 am

wanderlustwoman wrote:Miss USA 2020 should be held in California! If almost a quarter of the class already lives there, they won't have to spent a fortune on travel. So which city are we thinking? LA is the obvious choice, but it would be neat to see it held in San Diego or back where it all began in Long Beach.

I say Los Angeles as I think most of the state hoppers are from Los Angeles and the surrounding areas.

Queen of the Clouds wrote:When I make reference to how dominant girls associated with California this year are, it's much less of a state hopper critique and more just a general observation. Not every CA girl is a state hopper (Samantha is from Hawaii but moved to CA), and not every CA girl is abusing the system because they can't win Miss CA USA (Katie is from CA, but she has never competed there and only competed in Wyoming).

Actually, Katie Bozner made two attempts at California USA: Top 20 in 2014 and Non-Finalist in 2018. She won Wyoming USA on her second attempt after finishing as 1st RU at Wyoming USA 2019.

Queen of the Clouds wrote:I'm not upset about the girls from California who have a legitimate connection to the states they're representing. Samantha technically state hopped to California since she grew up in Hawaii, and I don't have a problem with Emily because she does go to school in Colorado or Justice since her family legitimately moved to Tennessee. It's the girls like Victoria, Taelyr, Katerina, Merissa, etc., all of whom did not grow up in the states they're representing nor do they have any interest in permanently residing there, and they will all move back to their home states after relinquishing their titles. The states they're representing are no more than just a vessel to get to Miss USA, and they don't care at all about actually representing it or its people, which is why the 51 representatives system exists. I don't care that Victoria didn't grow up in California, she had a permanent residence in CA and actually lived there full-time, not just because she wanted to be Miss California USA.

A lot of these state hoppers are probably going back to California once Miss USA is over, that's when they don't have to pretend to live in and care about their new state anymore.

Queen of the Clouds wrote:Moving across state lines is not uncommon, the problem is when girls are cheating to go somewhere. Some state hoppers like Gabriella do seem to actually live and work in the state they state hopped too, which makes me feel more okay with it; it's just when they so obviously are cheating their way through the system when I have a problem. This girl Cecilia Rodriguez competed in Arizona just a few weeks ago, but now suddenly has three months of residency in New Mexico? Not to mention she competed in California year after year before suddenly "moving" to Arizona this year. That clearly should be unacceptable.

I get that numbers are down at USA state pageants, which is why IMG changed some of the rules, ie. raised the age limit to 28, reducing the residency from 6 months to three months, allowing two attempts in one year. My feeling is the intention behind the shorter residency and two states in one year was for the contestants who live in one state and work/attend school in another state. I don't think IMG intended for their rule changes to be abused by California state hoppers.
KateW

Postby LovelyClapperCountry » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:43 pm

Kumukutikutitap wrote:
KateW wrote:
Queen of the Clouds wrote:And another Californian joins the class of 2020. Honestly it's enough at this point, like it's getting so exhausting how half the girls are actually from California here.

There are now 10 former California USA contestants at Miss USA 2020: Colorado, Hawaii, Maryland, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Tennessee, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming. The geographical breakdown is four in the Northwest states (Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming), three in the Southwest states (Colorado, Hawaii, Nevada), one in the Midwest states (Wisconsin), one in the Northeast states (Maryland), and one in the Southern states (Tennessee).

Future Productions directs seven states (Colorado, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Wyoming) and three of their states were won by former California USA contestants. Pageants Northwest directs four states (Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington) and three of their states were won by former California USA contestants.

With 1/5 of the Miss USA 2020 contestants being former California USA contestants, Miss USA 2020 is essentially Miss California USA 2020 at this point.

The Miss California search is just so competitive it’s hard for girls to make it!

This is why opportunistic girls from California carpetbag and move from state to state just to increase their chances of winning.
LovelyClapperCountry

Real Life Name/Nick: Sushi
Date of Birth: 25 Feb 1995
Profession: Celebrity
Hobbies/Interests: Bollywooding
Message: The essence of a woman... is world peace! Ha ha ha ha ha!

Miss Nevada USA and Miss Nevada Teen USA 2020 by Oscar Pica

Postby goldelocks328 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:27 am

Confidently Beautiful
www.MissNevadaUSA.com - http://www.ShannaMoakler.com

goldelocks328
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.

Real Life Name/Nick: Shanna Moakler
Date of Birth: 28 Mar 1975
Profession: Actress
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants, yoga and movies

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:03 pm

MISS KENTUCKY USA 2020 CONTESTANTS ARE UP

http://misskentuckyusa.com/kyusa2020/index.html

The second to last state to reveal their contestants, this is surprisingly a large and decently strong batch in Kentucky. Three of 2019's runners-up have returned: Lexie Iles (1RU), Parker Deppen (3RU), and Taylor Flake (4RU). Kendall Terry is the only returning semifinalist from 2019. Other notable contestants include Natalie Romano (4RU Pennsylvania 2017 and 2018, and four-time Pennsylvania semifinalist), Jordan Crozier (Miss Kentucky Teen USA 2018), Ramya Kondaveeti (2RU 2017), and Rayni Lasley (1RU Tennessee 2020 and 2019). Some newcomers who stood out to me are Meredith Ellis, Lizzy Neutz, Michaela Arnold, Rebecca Lynn Cook, Anne Baldridge, Joanna Whitener, Alyssa Ferguson, Hannah Johnson, Amber Allen (2019 non-placer), Kayla Alexander, and Hannah Reynolds. This is looking like a tough competition.

Lexie Iles:

Parker Deppen:

Taylor Flake:

Natalie Romano:

Jordan Crozier:

Rayni Lasley:
Queen of the Clouds

Postby itsrowdy801 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:44 pm

Queen of the Clouds wrote:MISS KENTUCKY USA 2020 CONTESTANTS ARE UP

http://misskentuckyusa.com/kyusa2020/index.html

The second to last state to reveal their contestants, this is surprisingly a large and decently strong batch in Kentucky. Three of 2019's runners-up have returned: Lexie Iles (1RU), Parker Deppen (3RU), and Taylor Flake (4RU). Kendall Terry is the only returning semifinalist from 2019. Other notable contestants include Natalie Romano (4RU Pennsylvania 2017 and 2018, and four-time Pennsylvania semifinalist), Jordan Crozier (Miss Kentucky Teen USA 2018), Ramya Kondaveeti (2RU 2017), and Rayni Lasley (1RU Tennessee 2020 and 2019). Some newcomers who stood out to me are Meredith Ellis, Lizzy Neutz, Michaela Arnold, Rebecca Lynn Cook, Anne Baldridge, Joanna Whitener, Alyssa Ferguson, Hannah Johnson, Amber Allen (2019 non-placer), Kayla Alexander, and Hannah Reynolds. This is looking like a tough competition.

Lexie Iles:

Parker Deppen:

Taylor Flake:

Natalie Romano:

Jordan Crozier:

Rayni Lasley:

Y'all already know I love Rayni, and I kinda thought she'd have this in the bag based on Kentucky having a relatively weak batch in the recent past, but this is a pretty strong group and it's not going to be as easy for her as I might have thought.

I definitely have had my eye on Parker Deppen, she is the president of an industrial supply company and that's a unique profession that's going to make her stand out, I think.

Natalie Romano is absolutely stunning, I'm really liking her too.

Can't believe that there's only one more state to announce their contestants and our journey of excitingly checking each state's contestant list pre-show is almost over!
itsrowdy801

Postby Islander1 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:45 am

Ohio is stunning!

Nalicia Ramdyal competing in NY- I believe she was born in Guyana and competed in Miss Universe Guyana before.
Miss Universe 2021 Top 3

USA
SPAIN
INDIA
Islander1
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 17 May 1994
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Volleyball.

Re: ROAD TO MISS USA 2020 // MA, NE, AND OR THIS WEEKEND

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:06 am

Hawaii consistently has the best Miss/Teen duos. I have no idea why their teens are always flopping at Miss Teen USA?? They're always so stunning. I hope this girl doesn't get robbed too.

To be honest, I don't usually pay too much attention to the Teen division, but she's my absolute favorite. I hope she does well!
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:16 am

MISS UTAH USA 2020 IS RACHEL SLAWSON

This was Rachel's sixth time competing at Miss Utah USA; she previously was a semifinalist in Miss Utah USA 2017 and 2019, and a non-finalist in 2018, 2015, and 2014. Rachel is an alumni of Brigham Young University, a professional model and actress, a flight attendant for the private aviation company Jet Edge International, and an activist for LGBT+ rights and mental health awareness. She also volunteers as a crisis counselor for individuals experiencing issues with mental health that need immediate assistance. She is the founder of the #IAmWhy mental health awareness campaign, and has given a Ted Talk on mental health. She identifies as a member of the LGBT+ community, and I believe she may be the first ever LGBT+ person to compete at Miss USA.

Full results:
Miss Utah USA 2020: Rachel Slawson
1RU: Mackenzie Carter
2RU: Natalie Moesinger
3RU: Alexa Knutzen
4RU: Maddie Jonely

Top 15:
Adison Hislop
Cheyenne Peterson
Elleiana Habiban
Hayley Huntsman
Kara Flemming
Kiki Crum
Kimberly Cahill
Sarah Dinsdale
Savannah Strickland
Soleil Iwata

This was an amazing choice for Utah!!! Not only is Rachel absolutely gorgeous, she has a great résumé that will make her stand out so much!! Her experience as a crisis counselor is so important, and I'd love for her to raise awareness at Miss USA about what she does and how important mental health advocacy is. I also love how she's an activist for LGBT+ rights; the LGBT+ community is so ingrained in pageantry, but it still seems to be a relatively conservative industry, and I haven't ever really seen a girl at Miss USA dedicate herself to this cause; the last time LGBT+ rights were focused on at Miss USA was in 2009 when Miss California stated in her final answer that she was against same-sex marriage, and it became a nationwide controversy.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:27 am

Queen of the Clouds wrote:MISS UTAH USA 2020 IS RACHEL SLAWSON

This was Rachel's third time competing at Miss Utah USA; she previously was a semifinalist in Miss Utah USA 2017 and 2019. Rachel is an alumni of Brigham Young University, a professional model and actress, a flight attendant for the private aviation company Jet Edge International, and an activist for LGBT+ rights and mental health awareness. She also volunteers as a crisis counselor for individuals experiencing issues with mental health that need immediate assistance. She is the founder of the #IAmWhy mental health awareness campaign, and has given a Ted Talk on mental health.

Full results:
Miss Utah USA 2020: Rachel Slawson
1RU: Mackenzie Carter
2RU: Natalie Moesinger
3RU: Alexa Knutzen
4RU: Maddie Jonely

Top 15:
Adison Hislop
Cheyenne Peterson
Elleiana Habiban
Hayley Huntsman
Kara Flemming
Kiki Crum
Kimberly Cahill
Sarah Dinsdale
Savannah Strickland
Soleil Iwata

This was an amazing choice for Utah!!! Not only is Rachel absolutely gorgeous, she has a great résumé that will make her stand out so much!! Her experience as a crisis counselor is so important, and I'd love for her to raise awareness at Miss USA about what she does and how important mental health advocacy is. I also love how she's an activist for LGBT+ rights; the LGBT+ community is so ingrained in pageantry, but it still seems to be a relatively conservative industry, and I haven't ever really seen a girl at Miss USA dedicate herself to this cause; the last time LGBT+ rights were focused on at Miss USA was in 2009 when Miss California stated in her final answer that she was against same-sex marriage, and it became a nationwide controversy.

I honestly don't have the words to tell you how happy I am about this. I don't remember the last time I was this happy about a pageant result. I don't think I'm too biased in saying this being a Utahn and all, but she's now my favorite for the Miss USA crown this year and I can't imagine anyone else taking her place at the top of my list. Congrats Rachel!
itsrowdy801

Postby Islander1 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:17 pm

Utah is gorgeous! Since Marissa Powell, Utah has been sending flops, that will probably change this year...
Miss Universe 2021 Top 3

USA
SPAIN
INDIA
Islander1

Date of Birth: 17 May 1994
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Volleyball.

Postby Juan Sebastian » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:11 pm

Utah is my favorite, she fits the IMG mold perfectly and I thinks he is exactly what they are looking for. She reminds me of Sofia Aragón because of their stories and they also love crowning firsts now, they would make huge headlines with the first LGBT Miss USA. She is way ahead of all these girls in terms of substance.
[youtube]Dq_uy1qcO-k[/youtube][youtube]5hXShNmEc44[/youtube][youtube]tQbbdvmyjS8[/youtube]
Juan Sebastian

Real Life Name/Nick: Juan Sebastian
Date of Birth: 06 Apr 1990
Profession: Pharmacist
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: music, gambling & miss universe
Message: Like give it up at this point. It's me, I win, you lose hahahahaha

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:51 pm

Utah has officially entered my top three after Rachel's crowning. I can totally see the headlines now of a queer woman being crowned Miss USA, especially coming from Utah which is easily one of the most conservative states in the country. A lot of Rachel's platform that I've seen online comes from her growing up in the very conservative Utahn culture.

Idaho is still my winner though, I can see them holding hands in the final two. I'm so in love with Kim.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:03 pm

Queen of the Clouds wrote:Utah has officially entered my top three after Rachel's crowning. I can totally see the headlines now of a queer woman being crowned Miss USA, especially coming from Utah which is easily one of the most conservative states in the country. A lot of Rachel's platform that I've seen online comes from her growing up in the very conservative Utahn culture.

Idaho is still my winner though, I can see them holding hands in the final two. I'm so in love with Kim.

It pains me to take Idaho out of my winner spot and Connecticut out of my top three, but as for me my top three are Utah, Idaho, and Maryland in that order. I expect that to stay the same, since none of the girls in the coming states are wowing me to the level that they do.

Also, I have to say as an LGBT person from Utah I think this is absolutely incredible and I was in tears several times last night, but I really hope that they don't just focus on her as "the queer girl". She's so incredibly well rounded and YES, it does mean so much for people in my state and around the country who are LGBT and feel alone, but Rachel is all-around an incredible person and would be an incredible Miss USA.
itsrowdy801

Postby FutaKaNina » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:19 pm

Ugly. Ugh! =O/
FutaKaNina

Real Life Name/Nick: Clea
Date of Birth: 21 Jan 1991
Profession: Dreamer
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Hobbies/Interests: Dreaming

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:49 pm

FutaKaNina wrote:

Ugly. Ugh! =O/

Wow. I wish I had the privileges to downvote. Shame on you. She's absolutely breathtaking, but even if she wasn't that's a nasty thing to say about another person.
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:23 pm

MISS FLORIDA USA 2020 IS MONIQUE EVANS

This was Monique's third time competing in Miss Florida USA; she previously was the 2RU in both Miss Florida USA 2019 and 2018. Additionally, Monique was crowned Miss Texas 2014 and placed in the top sixteen at Miss America 2015; she also was a non-finalist in Miss Texas USA 2011. Monique is an alumni of the University of Texas, and works as a pharmaceutical sales representative.

Full results:
Miss Florida USA 2020: Monique Evans
1RU: Kirsten Watson
2RU: Heather Lee O'Keefe
3RU: Taylor Fulford
4RU: Alison Bowles

Top 17:
Briona Jones
Dominique Rivera
Elizabeth Tran
Farah Jameela Sheikh
Jennifer Valdes
Kayla Foriere
Mi'a Callens
Narissa Adside
Rikki Shea Gage
Serena Morizio :%((
Shakera Quince
Tere Cooley

Eh, I'm mixed about this result. It seems more of a pity "well she was the next in line to win" crowning than a "wow she performed so well and deserves this" crowning. Florida is a competitive state and I just saw so many girls who competed better than Monique tonight, Monique just had a step up being the only returning runner-up from last year. Her speaking skills were good but didn't totally wow me, so I don't know if Florida will continue their placing at Miss USA this year; good luck.
Queen of the Clouds

PreviousNext

Return to Miss Universe