MISS INTERNATIONAL 2018 POST-PAGEANT THOUGHTS

MISS INTERNATIONAL 2018 POST-PAGEANT THOUGHTS

Postby missofan705 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:02 am

Since there is someone who requested to re-post my thoughts about the recent Miss International 2018 pageant on its thread, I have to post a separate thread. :)>-

First of all, I would like to congratulate the Miss International Organization for a job well done this year. They really prove that they are one of the TOP 3 PAGEANTS in the world. The coverage of the pageant might not be as strong as the previous years, but the final night was superb.

I have to say, this is my personal favorite and perhaps the BEST edition of MISS INTERNATIONAL to date. Even with the 5-hour competition, everything was on point and a huge upgrade from the previous years. Since I loved everything about this pageant this year, I would like to give some of my thoughts:

1. This year has the strongest and the best Top 5 in Miss International. I was generally happy because my predicted Top 3 was the actual Top 3 as well, with PHILIPPINES and VENEZUELA trading places. I knew it that SOUTH AFRICA will go far in this competition, although it would be a lovely sight if she could’ve won and MI making history. With this, I am very proud of Rambi making it this far for Africa. Despite the results, I LOVED THE TOP 5. ROMANIA proved me wrong because I really didn’t get the hype, but she delivered so well. I felt bad a little that I didn’t put COLOMBIA in the final list because before, I saw Anabella’s potential to bring back her country’s placement, and she did it.

2. Surprise non-placements for me are LAOS, POLAND and CZECH REPUBLIC. I mean, it was really surprising for me. I thought LAOS could have their first ever runner-up placement, but she didn’t even place. I knew that ECUADOR would go far, she’s gorgeous.

3. I think this is the first time that the Top 2 in Miss International are the POWERHOUSE COUNTRIES. No one can’t deny it, duh. My personal favorite of course is Ahtisa, and I’m very proud of her transformation from Binibini to Miss International. I was expecting a Kylie victory, but perhaps I was right that if Ahtisa doesn’t win, she’ll be a runner-up, very similar scenario to Edymar-Diana Croce. BUT, I have to commend Mariem’s over-all performance because she really is Ahtisa’s biggest competition. For them to be the final 2 is the best feeling ever.

4. INDONESIA breaking the ‘curse’ is commendable. In all fairness to her, with or without the Indonesian judges, I think she deserved to place in the Top 15. She was on point in most of her appearances and delivered on the final night. Even Kylie found her very strong, and she was right, it’s all about the girl.

5. From what I’ve said before, Mariem is NO EDYMAR MARTINEZ. Edymar is still my favorite Venezuelan Miss International BUT, I have to commend Mariem for her total performance yesterday. Comparing her stint from her national pageant to the international stage, Mariem is the only Venezuelan MI girl that I find better looking in her international competition. It was a great transformation and I SUPER LOVED HER GOWN. Elizabeth and Edymar looked better in Miss Venezuela, to be honest. But with Mariem, it was really an MI packaging and I’m so proud on what MVO did to her. BRAVO.

6. Mariem is also perhaps the luckiest pageant girl to date because she won her major competitions BOTH ON HER BIRTHDAY. She won Miss Venezuela-International on her 19th birthday last year, and now Miss International on her 20th birthday! Talk about being blessed!

7. About our doll-faced girl Ahtisa, SHE PROVED HER DETRACTORS WRONG. One of the best performances I’ve seen from a Binibining Pilipinas-International. It was very crown-worthy, it’s just so happened that the mujer from Venezuela was really strong as well, that a runner-up placement for Philippines looks like she also won the crown. The future looks bright for Ahtisa, and I think I would like to see her competing in Miss World in a few years. I don’t see her ‘retiring’ for pageants this early.
8. Production-wise, this is the best Miss International in years. Hoping to see this again next year and most specially, in their 60th Anniversary in 2020.

9. Venezuela’s victory in MI this year is a good omen for me because it really reminded me of 2015. Both Edymar and Mariem are even expected to be sent to Miss Universe but they were sent to Miss International to win. An Asian country also won Miss Earth in their respective years. Philippines won two crowns in 2015. And there are so many scenarios in pageantry in 2015 that keeps on repeating this year (try to search it for yourself). With these events happening, I am very hopeful for Philippines to have more success in the remaining pageants this year. Same as Venezuela.

I am very excited to follow Mariem’s reign for this year, and the journey of the runners-up as well. Kudos MIO for a great show this year. LOVED IT.

And once again, congratulations to MISS INTERNATIONAL 2018, Mariem Velazco of Venezuela :hx

PHILIPPINES! UNIVERSAL QUEENS!

MISS UNIVERSE 2015 - Pia Wurtzbach

MISS UNIVERSE 2018 - Catriona Gray
missofan705
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Real Life Name/Nick: Catriona Vanessa Ponce Gray
Date of Birth: 05 Jul 1985
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Electronics Engineer
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry, Science and Writing

Re: MISS INTERNATIONAL 2018 POST-PAGEANT THOUGHTS

Postby DUBROVNIK » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:37 am

Congratulations to Venezuela! the eighth victory in MI!
But it is also sad that beautiful girls like Laos, Poland, Sweden or Denmark, were not included in the group of finalists.
DUBROVNIK
PREDICTIONISTS are known to give sharp & accurate pageant forecasts.

Date of Birth: 23 Jan 1997
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Employee - Part time librarian
Hobbies/Interests: International current events, trips, Classic songs

Postby chorr » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:16 am

I liked the preliminary SS round. IT SHOOK MY LIST TO THE CORE because some girls i.e. Venezuela and Romania who thought were nothing special suddenly instant crown contenders.
The finale night was A TREMENDOUS UPGRADE. The format is faster, girls get to do a solo walk that isnt rushed. I wished they cut the SS round since they already had the prelim round for that.
The music selections, lights are all on point. I would have gotten more energizing performers, but this is Miss International but okay. :-D

AFAIK Xamurai was the stage director of the final night! Let's commend him for a job STELLARLY DONE!

Truth bombs, truth bombs everywhere!
chorr
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: none
Hobbies/Interests: tambays

Postby missofan705 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:26 am

chorr wrote:I liked the preliminary SS round. IT SHOOK MY LIST TO THE CORE because some girls i.e. Venezuela and Romania who thought were nothing special suddenly instant crown contenders.
The finale night was A TREMENDOUS UPGRADE. The format is faster, girls get to do a solo walk that isnt rushed. I wished they cut the SS round since they already had the prelim round for that.
The music selections, lights are all on point. I would have gotten more energizing performers, but this is Miss International but okay. :-D

AFAIK Xamurai was the stage director of the final night! Let's commend him for a job STELLARLY DONE!

My favorite part was actually the crowning. The 4 runners-up were also given their "victory walk" after Mariem when crowned, then they were joined by Mariem in the end. I don't know but I felt touched with that gesture of Miss International. It reminded me of Miss Earth's elemental queens. Miss International created something unique with that moment :hx

missofan705
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Postby chorr » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:28 am

missofan705 wrote:
chorr wrote:I liked the preliminary SS round. IT SHOOK MY LIST TO THE CORE because some girls i.e. Venezuela and Romania who thought were nothing special suddenly instant crown contenders.

My favorite part was actually the crowning. The 4 runners-up were also given their "victory walk" after Mariem when crowned, then they were joined by Mariem in the end. I don't know but I felt touched with that gesture of Miss International. It reminded me of Miss Earth's elemental queens. Miss International created something unique with that moment :hx

The way they hold hads looking very cutesy remind me of Miss World. All in all, its a very cute gesture. Very princessy. They should keep it! :hx :hx :hx >=p >=p >=p

chorr

Postby DUBROVNIK » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:25 am

Miss Spain placed in the Top 8 =c3

Last edited by DUBROVNIK on Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
DUBROVNIK

Date of Birth: 23 Jan 1997
Profession: Employee - Part time librarian
Hobbies/Interests: International current events, trips, Classic songs

Postby NHOIE_GEE » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:26 am

This pageant deserves to be in top 3 pageant on earth. I'm not saying this because Ahtisa attained the position of first runner up but this pageant in my opinion is truly high-class. Yeah I know it's boring and old school but the concept of the production makes it so swanky. The touch of the traditional Japanese culture makes this pageant exceptional. :hx :hx :hx

NHOIE_GEE
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Nhoie
Date of Birth: 08 Oct 1987
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual
Profession: Bum
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Hobbies/Interests: Net and watching TV Shows

Postby La GRETTA » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:40 am

:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:

COMMENDABLE PRODUCTION

The 2018 MISS INTERNATIONAL Pageant was an upgrade from its past editions.

The stage design with that long central runway was intended to focus on each candidate as she sashayed on stage. The camera angulation was on point to feature each candidate in their most flattering angle. But the lighting was a huge plus for me for it featured the entire stage and production without looking like some alien illumination. And the repertoire of the entire production was better than in past editions of the pageant.

Kudos to the MI Organization!
0o.__________.o0o.__________.o0

Never can you buy class.

Either you are born with it or not.

0o.________________________________.o0
La GRETTA
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: Miw
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1983
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Office Administrator
Hobbies/Interests: Reading, reading, reading

Postby Colonel Sanders » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:28 am

I'm glad finally MI step up their game!
That's make them i the Top 3 pageant.

ImageImageImage
Colonel Sanders
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 21 Jun 1988
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Coffee Shop Owner / Part Time Model
Hobbies/Interests: Kentucky Fried Chicken

Postby simonsy » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:22 am

=c3 =c3 =c3
simonsy
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: simon
Date of Birth: 01 Apr 1975
Profession: care giver
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: swimming

Postby missofan705 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:33 am

Since 2016, Miss International keeps on upgrading their stage and production, far away from plain white stages they had before. Personally, I think 2014 has the WORST stage design in this decade because it lacked lighting and the stage was too plain. 2015 had better lighting but still a plain stage. 2012 was a good one when they hosted it in Okinawa. I think MI should stick to Tokyo Dome City Hall as their final venue because they can utilize that to have better production. I'm expecting more grandiose production for their 60th Anniversary in 2020.

missofan705
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Postby missofan705 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:35 am

La GRETTA wrote:

COMMENDABLE PRODUCTION

The 2018 MISS INTERNATIONAL Pageant was an upgrade from its past editions.

The stage design with that long central runway was intended to focus on each candidate as she sashayed on stage. The camera angulation was on point to feature each candidate in their most flattering angle. But the lighting was a huge plus for me for it featured the entire stage and production without looking like some alien illumination. And the repertoire of the entire production was better than in past editions of the pageant.

Kudos to the MI Organization!

The camera work is just amazing and very dramatic. I wonder if that was the first time Hikari TV channel broadcasted the pageant in Japan.

missofan705
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Postby your_hotness » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:19 pm

This is probably the best Miss International edition I have seen so far. The stage and lighting were impressive. :=p

I am satisfied with the top 5 though I would have interchanged Romania and Venezuela, since I am not a fan of the latter's beauty. Nevertheless, Miss Venezuela is a deserving winner. :7

Miss International just proved to be the top 3 beauty pageant in the world. Very unique and classy. I am excited to see its future editions. Hoping to see intermission numbers in between rather than a "lights off".

This is also the first time I have seen in a pageant that the runners up were given long exposures. I hope this continues moving forward. :hx
Miss Austria's Best Finishes:

MU-1977 (1st RU)
MW- 1969 & 1987 (Winner)
MI- 1963, 1979 & 1982 (2nd RU)
ME- 2013 & 2018 (1st RU)
your_hotness
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 31 Dec 1992
Profession: Pageant Enthusiast
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty Pageant, Sports and Food

Postby HatsuneMiku » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:58 pm

I liked this year's production and stage!

They should modernise the final competition a little bit more and it would be perfect. Oh, and I REALLY dislike the fact they have to translate every single thing from English to Japanese. It is a huge waste of time and it's annoying. They need to change that as soon as possible.

And the top 2 was beyond PERFECT! I loved it!

And Miss Mexico deserved more
HatsuneMiku
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Date of Birth: 19 Dec 2000
Profession: Student & Blogger
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Miss Universe and Miss World

Postby icesean » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:33 pm

im so happy for MISS MADAGASCAR... im surprised....love her reaction
icesean

Real Life Name/Nick: sean
Date of Birth: 12 Oct 1914
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: laborer
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: reading

Postby Sophia7 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:47 pm

Sophia7

Date of Birth: 08 Nov 1992
Profession: LAWYERing!
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Hobbies/Interests: Pageant, LAW, MGMT & FASHION!

Postby erinarriba » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:35 pm

THIS pageant has been the most appreciative among all pageants of the Filipina beauty, so Filipinos should shower it with more love.

I believe that if the Philippines were to offer to host it, Miss International’s production values and general audience appeal would skyrocket!
erinarriba

Real Life Name/Nick: Erin
Date of Birth: 03 Sep 1979
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Hobbies/Interests: Modeling

Postby Philippinesupporter1998 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:18 am

I have not commented on Misso in a while again! :%))

Anyway, I do concur that this is Miss International's best edition to date. I can't wait for what they'll offer next year.

HOWEVER, I am not perfectly sold with this year's top 15. @-) My winner Laos and a handful of girls clapped over some questionable choices. ~X( Seriously, I never understood Japan's taste for beauty these days. I am also proud of our Ahtisa. I honestly never expected a crown since we just won two years ago, and back in Bb. Pilipinas, I was reluctant of placing her as my Miss International Philippines because of her resemblance to Kylie, but she surpassed all expectations with a close second finish. And for that, I salute to her. =c3

As for the winner, I think she is pretty, but not exactly the best queen Venezuela has to offer (no Venezuelan ever comes close to Edymar). I was hoping for a new and refreshing winner given that we have seen some of the same countries winning over and over again. Oh well, congrats anyway! =D>
"To the Filipino haters and the pretentious trolls of Missosology, kisses!" - PhS1998
Philippinesupporter1998

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 2001
Profession: unemployed
Hobbies/Interests: None at all

Postby prowazekii » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:14 am

Production, at taste of what Japan slick production can do....
nag mukng basura ang ms earth L-) L-)

did they show it on Japanese TV?
i think of Miss Universe who is the most beautiful, most femininely graceful, most charming, delightful and sweet...
prowazekii

Real Life Name/Nick: Ron Weasley Fr. Hogwarts
Profession: Physician
Hobbies/Interests: The OLympic Games,Miss Universe,HP and Haus MD
Message: " hard work and perseverance outlast sheer luck and talent"

Postby Roman Reigns » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:26 am

prowazekii wrote:Production, at taste of what Japan slick production can do....

Oh come on, let's be honest here.
Roman Reigns
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: Leati Joseph
Date of Birth: 25 May 1985
Profession: Photographer
Hobbies/Interests: Reading

Postby GARAM PHANG » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:58 am

Sophia7 wrote:

MISS VENEZUELA LOOKS LIKE ANGELA PONCE..
GARAM PHANG

Real Life Name/Nick: kerena phakangkang
Date of Birth: 11 Sep 1989
Profession: style and fashion director
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: to educate misso clueless and misguided readers
Message: visited misso lastweek and found out a lot of members are beauty wannabe experts are clueless

Postby simonsy » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:41 am

maybe I still have deficiency in choosing a winner ...i'm rooting for Portugal in miss earth but she landed in top 8...in mi I was rooting for Romania but she landed 3rd runner up..
simonsy

Real Life Name/Nick: simon
Date of Birth: 01 Apr 1975
Profession: care giver
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: swimming

Postby esperasave » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:51 am

I DON'T LIKE THE IDEA THAT CANDIDATE OF MS PHILIPPINES INTERNATIONAL ARE BEING GROOM AS A JAPANESE WOMAN. THEY SHOULD SHOWCASE OUR OWN IDENTITY AS A FILIPINO WITH CULTURE AND TRADITION TRULY FILIPINO. THEY LOOK LIKE A RAW JAPANESE WOMAN AS IN HILAW AND IT'S VERY UNNATURAL TO LOOK AT FROM THE STAGE. THEY ARE JUST THERE TO SHOW OFF WHAT WE ARE IN THE WORLD BUT NOT BORROWING SOMEONE ELSE CULTURE AND IDENTITY. PLEASE FOR THE NEXT MISS INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION HAVE OUR CANDIDATE ORIENTED TOWARDS FILIPINO, CULTURALLY AND IN WAYS.
esperasave

Real Life Name/Nick: esperas
Date of Birth: 30 Aug 1973
Profession: medical
Hobbies/Interests: internet surfing
Message: Keep believing in the power of beauty in the human person

Postby fermnedoza » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:43 am

erinarriba wrote:THIS pageant has been the most appreciative among all pageants of the Filipina beauty, so Filipinos should shower it with more love.

I believe that if the Philippines were to offer to host it, Miss International’s production values and general audience appeal would skyrocket!

If I remember correctly; there was once an attempt, two or three years ago, to actually have the pageant staged here in the Philippines and that MIO, at that time, was looking for Filipino partners.
fermnedoza

Real Life Name/Nick: fernan
Date of Birth: 19 Sep 1975
Profession: sales representative
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: reading books and browsing the internet.
Message: thanks for offering us a site where we could share ideas and share our passion for beauty pageants.

Postby chorr » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:01 pm

fermnedoza wrote:
erinarriba wrote:THIS pageant has been the most appreciative among all pageants of the Filipina beauty, so Filipinos should shower it with more love.

If I remember correctly; there was once an attempt, two or three years ago, to actually have the pageant staged here in the Philippines and that MIO, at that time, was looking for Filipino partners.

They wanted it staged in Cebu, but that was around the time that MW has sent Megan to lobby MW hosting to VP Binay and Pia just won Miss Universe, so the idea was shelved instead.

chorr

Postby GUNS_&_BEAUTY » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:17 pm

I like the top 5 but how I wish MI would shorten the finals night to probably just 2 hours? :)>-

Congrats Venezuela and Ahtisa! =D>
MY ROAD TO 2018 TOP 3

Miss Universe | PHI - The Catriona Gray | SA | COL
Miss World | PHI | FRA |
Miss Earth | PR | COL | PRT
Miss International | FIN | PHI | MEX
GUNS_&_BEAUTY

Real Life Name/Nick: GUNS_&_BEAUTY
Date of Birth: 16 Nov 2013
Profession: GUNS_&_BEAUTY
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: GUNS_&_BEAUTY

Postby malanthod » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:10 am

chorr wrote:
missofan705 wrote:

The way they hold hads looking very cutesy remind me of Miss World. All in all, its a very cute gesture. Very princessy. They should keep it! :hx :hx :hx >=p >=p >=p

That was my favorite part, too. =c3
They gave the runners' up a time to appreciate their moment and the way they were awarded. 8->
Congratulations to MIO for another successful year!
malanthod

Real Life Name/Nick: antz
Date of Birth: 29 Aug 1991
Profession: worker
Chinese Zodiac: Goat
Hobbies/Interests: dancing

Postby firerprince » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:15 am

TOP 3 BEAUTY PAGEANT INDEED 8-> No need for a hashtag :-D
firerprince
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.

Real Life Name/Nick: JC
Date of Birth: 05 Mar 1997
Profession: Pageant Lurker
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry?

Postby manoypoe » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:30 am

Roman Reigns wrote:
prowazekii wrote:Production, at taste of what Japan slick production can do....

Oh come on, let's be honest here.

ACTUALLY, I FELT BORED AND SLEEPY COZ IT WAS LONG. SO MANY UNNECESSARY ENTERTAINMNENT NUMBERS. AFTER THE REPLAY OF EVENING GOWN, I FINALLY SLEPT TO WAKE UP TO KNOW WHO WON.

IT IS INDEED CLASSY BUT VERY SLOW PACED FOR MY LIKING. THE CAMERA WAS GREAT. I WAS ROOTING FOR MEXICO. THE WALKS IN SWIMSUIT SO DECENT, MAHINHIN, IT LACKED FIERCENESS BUT LOVE THE EVENING GOWN.

IF THEY CAN FIT THE SHOW IN 2 TO 3 HOURS, THEN IT WILL REALLY BE MORE ENTERTAINING.
manoypoe

Date of Birth: 15 Apr 1975
Profession: Assassin of Idiots
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Web surfing

Postby volendammer » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:58 am

I LOVE THIS YEAR'S MISS INTERNATIONAL!

The most important thing is that they started to be appreciative of African beauties! 2 African nations were in the semifinal and one of them made it further. And the other thing is that they changed the stage decoration, although the did change it every year but this year's stage was way more grand than past years'. Keep up the good job Miss International!

Bow down and wait. Turkey will be back sometimes.
volendammer
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 04 Sep 1992
Profession: Student
Hobbies/Interests: travel and stalk you ;-)

Next

Return to Miss International