REVIEW: MGI 2017 PRELIMINARIES

REVIEW: MGI 2017 PRELIMINARIES

Postby muflavanberg » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:55 am

[youtube]UwvZOPXQeR0[/youtube]

It's been a while since I made a review. Pageant season is in the air so here are my observation for this year's Miss Gwand International Preliminaries.

* The stage is something we've seen before. Not really unique but it is still amazing. I also noticed the steps on the stairs are quite high. I see how some girls struggle stepping down in their evening gown.

* Lees and Nichole have great chemistry in hosting. I particularly love their side comments. I love the way they complement the girl's figure, their natural hair, their bio and their catwalk without sounding cheesy. It was casual and entertaining. You can actually feel their sincerity. I love that they want to start a Yoga group since most of the delegates are into yoga.

*EVENING GOWN PRESENTATION:

What do I look for in this portion: gown choice, styling (hair and make up), presentation (how they walk, poise and bearing) stage presence and over all impact. A big hug to Costa Rica for her great recovery after an ugly fall on the center of the stage.

=D> TOP 5 BEST EVENING GOWN PERFORMERS =D>

1. LITHUANIA - Everything about her from head to foot is perfect. The gown choice, the styling and the way she confidently work the stage earned high points from me

2. SOUTH SUDAN - What a dramatic presentation.

3. UKRAINE - That gown is high fashion and her presentation is flawless.

4. HUNGARY - Beautiful face, perfect gown choice and styling.

5. ARGENTINA - her styling reminds me of Stephania Fernandez.

=D> GREAT HITS: THAILAND INDONESIA VENEZUELA PHILIPPINES CHINA INDIA

:=p HONORABLE MENTIONS: Surprisingly performed well. I want to give them the attention they deserve: ECUADOR, FIJI, MEXICO, UGANDA, ESTONIA, JAPAN and SLOVAKIA

:-O DISHONORABLE MENTION: It's not the worst thing ever but these are somewhat disappointing:
*BRAZIL's gown choice. She has a great body and great catwalk which wasn't highlighted by her choice of gown.
*SIERRA LEONE's gown is like a curtain over a duster
*SERBIA's gown is too busy.

*SWIMSUIT PRESENTATION:

A good presentation for me is a girl who has a good command of the stage with her energy and presence, best showcase her figure and proportions thru her catwalk and pose.

=D> TOP 5 BEST SWIMSUIT PERFORMERS: =D>

1. UKRAINE - Her face, her body and her catwalk scored the highest in my book.

2. COSTA RICA - perfect body and she knows how to show it in her pose and catwalk.

3. CHINA - her catwalk skills is amazing not to mention her figure.

4. PARAGUAY - Another perfect body. She is a pro on stage.

5. SOUTH SUDAN - The best from Africa.

=D> GREAT HITS: PUERTO RICO VENEZUELA PHILIPPINES NETHERLANDS LITHUANIA

:=p HONORABLE MENTIONS: ECUADOR, FIJI, MEXICO, UGANDA, THAILAND, INDONESIA, ESTONIA, INDIA, JAPAN, SLOVAKIA

OTHER TIDBITS:
- What's with Vietnam's make up? She looks like she has big eyebugs.
- Miss USA reminds me of Sussie Castillo (Miss USA 2003) in some angles. Coincidentally both came as Wonder Woman during their National Costume Competition.
- I've noticed most girls are wearing gigantic earrings. Czech Republic's earrings were a distracting.
- Bulgaria needs to color her roots....or was that on purpose. Maybe it's the latest fad. It's distracting in a way though.
- Tatarstan is beautiful. I was surprised. If she could have just given more energy to her swimsuit presentation she could have made it on my list.
- Wales tan seems uneven during Swimsuit presentation. Nonetheless her performance is more memorable than that.

"BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND
DON'T MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DON'T MIND" -Dr. Seuss
muflavanberg
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Date of Birth: 27 Sep 2012
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Entrepreneur
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Chinese Zodiac: Rooster
Hobbies/Interests: I'm a movie buff and an avid reader.

Return to Miss Grand International