<3 The Duchess' Miss Gwand PRE ARRIVAL REVIEW<3

<3 The Duchess' Miss Gwand PRE ARRIVAL REVIEW<3

Postby The Duchess » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:24 pm

THE DUCHESS’ Pre-Arrival List
Miss Gwand INTERNATIONAL 2017

We are four days away from the start of the Miss Gwand International 2017 pageant in Vietnam, and the girls are all getting ready to go. Now, I know this is a controversial pageant for this forum and perhaps this post on this particular forum is a sore spot for Nawat but it is still a pageant nonetheless and I have a girl in it so. Last year we had an honestly amazing representation from Madison Anderson Berrios and I was captivated by her when I saw the rerun of the pageant months later. I also believe Nicole Cordoves was the other shining star of that pageant, blowing me away with her amazing performance in both swimsuit and evening gown. So, the quality of certain candidates in that pageant is worth noting because it hasn’t yet reached the level of a Miss Universe, MW or even a ME. I personally don’t think it will ever reach that level given all these scandals in its short life, and for multiple reasons. But regardless I have some thoughts on the following girls who I think are the semifinalists for the 5th Crown and 6th Miss Gwand International. Forgive me for the lack of better graphics but as you guys know the situation is dire here and the only therapy I have is writing so I have to do this lists so I don't lose my mind

So let’s begin with my pre arrival list.

UKRAINE (Snizhana Tanchuk) PLACEMENT IN HOTPICKS #5 (+)
Ukraine is such a beautiful girl that I could see her being the bet to win, she has good marks across the board. Her body and face are on point while her candids are stunning, and most of all she has delivered quite a nice performance overall pre-arrival. If she can show the spark that usually the winners of this pageant have, she could easily take home the crown. This is girl that seems prepared to take on the Asians and the Latinas on the catwalk, and it would be interesting to see how she could perform against them. She has a natural look that she must keep using because for her It works, and that is a huge plus in an era of queens that tend to overdo it. I want her to showcase herself more once she arrives, I want her to perform exceptionally so she is noticed. She is going against a couple of tough Europeans, Latinas and Asians who are all hungry for a crown. And to be honest, it would be a nice change given that for 3 years straight Caribbean women won the crown (Janelee who is Puertorrican, after that a Cubanrrican and lastly a Dominican American) so it would be nice to finally get a winner from Europe and that goes for all the Euro girls.

CZECH REPUBLIC (Nikola Uhlirova) PLACEMENT AT HOTPICKS #4 (+)
Now this is a girl that I thought I would be bored with in the passing of time but here I am, a couple months later and I still like her a lot. This is a beautiful blond that knows what looks good on her and how to look her best in every category; taking beautiful pictures in between. She has shown great promise through these pasts few weeks, showing me that she deserves a spot in the Top 5. This girl could even take the crown given the great performance she has done thus far, it would depend entirely in her ability to keep the momentum she has right now. I would like to see her with different hairstyles and styles at the same time that she practices her stage performance so we can see the complete package. There’s not really much I could say given the fact that one look at this girl tells you exactly why she is there, because this girl will be hard to knock out of the Top 5.

NETHERLANDS (Kelly Van Der Dungen) PLACEMENT IN HOTPICKS: #1 (-)
Now Kelly got down two steps but that doesn’t mean she is any less threatening than a couple weeks ago, the only thing she has against her is the Top 2 girls. She is a capable woman with a beautiful face and personality that fits this pageant, at the same time that she has the body and catwalk for it. I wouldn’t be the least surprise if she goes up in my next list again because this is a girl that goes up and down in everybody lists from what I can tell. And that is not necessarily a bad thing considering the strong girls that around her in this list, she is a very strong contender. There’s not much you can say about this girl that hasn’t already being stated, this girl is a tough candidate. Do not fear for her placement now, she might be on top again very soon.

PHILIPPINES (Elizabeth Clenci) PLACEMENT AT HOTPICKS #2 (-)
What can I say about the stunning Elizabeth Clenci besides the fact that she could become a great successor to the amazing Cordoves. Do I think she is better than her? Not yet, but she has the capacity to repeat multiple placements and even the crown if she takes all the necessary steps and the right choices. As of now I don’t see her winning but I definitely see a placement and even a high one for this girl, for the Philippines do train their girls well. The important thing is to remain focused on becoming a worthy successor to Cordoves because this is another girl who has something to prove. I think PR and PH could use a crown given last year, not saying Ariska is unworthy, but I was honestly so convinced last year’s crown was there I haven’t been able to let it go. And I think she could be the one to do it given she has practice her stage presence and catwalk, she could be a force to be reckon with for the rest of her competitors in this top 5.
*her card is supposed to say TOP 5

SOUTH SUDAN (Eyga Mojus)
I want to publicly apologize to Eyga for her exclusion in my first hot picks because I had her put in another entire pageant list, it wasn’t until Alvin put up his list that I realized my horrid mistake. I am ashamed, very. Either way, she is a stunning black woman who could take the first black crown of the MGI organization and I want her to do so. She has an amazing body along with that beautiful warm smile. The only thing that could damage her could be the fact that she is 26, which for me it doesn’t matter but to some pageant it means they won’t give you a second look. She has to be careful to look younger that she is, an image of fresh and elegance that demonstrate age is just a number a la Pia Wurtzbach. I am rooting for this girl so hard because I find her beautiful and prepare to win round after round of competition but the make it or break it moment will be her candids in the pre-pageant weeks where all the girls are going to have to show what they got. But this one is the real deal.

UNITED STATES (Taylor Kessler):
Taylor is a great competitor but sometimes I feel like she will be the one who could be stuck somewhere around the Top 10. Her pictures are amazing, don’t get me wrong but sometimes I feel she will have problems in the styling part. Lately I’ve noticed she has some candids in which her jaw and features look a tad harsh in certain angles. And these are things that will become a problem at the moment of makeup and hairstyling so I’m hoping that in these months she has prepared enough how to deal with her face. If she can do this she could come back to the top 5 considering her sex-appeal and how good she seems to be in the communicating department. I still believe she has some real potential in this competition considering her predecessor was in the Top 5 and she was not even half the competitor. I still believe that depending on her training she could make some serious waves in Vietnam with her overall performance. But this can happen if she has learnt to handle those angles and styling decisions during the weeks oversees, time will tell. This one is the one I will be looking at most to see how she blossoms or burns over there.

PUERTO RICO (Brenda Azaria Jiménez)
I have to say I never thought Brenda was a good choice for Miss Gwand, much less after Madison yet like in Miss Universe she seems to surprise me a tad. I feel that she is better styled than with Desiree, more comfortable than with Desiree and ever slightly better looking than with Desiree. Even her official portrait with the Grand PR crown is far better than all the ones she did with the Universe PR crown, that styling and makeup fitting her much better. Even her teeth have improved since, which confirms my suscipitions that those teeth were made too late in the game where true. Now competition wise Brenda has a good catwalk and even some nice presentation skills, she just needs to play all of her cards and not play it safe. She did that in the prelim for me and that hurt her chances which is why I still can’t say she will be a semifinalist or a winner. I am only hoping that she performs even better than in the Miss Universe pageant, I want to see if this could be the right fit for this girl. I do see better chances for her in this one now that I see her improved and with a much better look on her so we shall all see how Brenda does.

VIETNAM (Nguyen Tran Huyen My)
This girl could be an easy Top 5 once she goes into the beginning of the pageant, this girl is beautiful and prepared. And if this girl dresses as well as she usually does in her candids, even I would be worried for her. She has a beautiful face that shoots amazing pictures both professionally and candidly, her styling usually in the great side. If on October 25 she looks anything like she does in the picture with the blue dress, the other girls will have to up their game like never before. And that’s something I enjoy, competition in which everyone is at their best fighting instead of walking around like she knows she already won. So I am rooting for this girl so much because I feel like with the right styling and an excellent performance this one could be a lot of favorites. The only thing I am afraid of is that this beauty could end up wasted in a Top 15 like last year’s Madison and Nicole who did not win. If the crown is meant to have an Asian back to back this could be another great choice for it, but only time will tell if this girl will live to her potential or be stuck on the Top 15.

BELGIUM (Rachel Nimegeers)
Now this is a girl I hadn’t noticed until I saw Alvin Sebatero’s list, and boy do I regret not having her in the first hot picks. This girl is beautiful, possesses a nice body and great communication skills also being comfortable in front of cameras and overall a very nice personality. I am very impressed with this girl I must admit, wondering all the time how I didn’t notice her. It will be interesting to see how she goes against the rest of the euro team in the stage and interviews, against the favorites and all that. She could become a very interesting placer, knocking a few favorites on her way so don’t underestimate this one either. It would be a mistake.

VENEZUELA (Tulia Aleman)
I’ll say it again, I don’t see the big deal with Venezuela as the rest of the people see in her to put her in basically every top 5 around the place. I find something in her face a little problematic and I am not sure what is it, maybe her nose? I don’t know, I’ve been at this for days. But the reason she is in this position is because she is a performer, and a great one so I wouldn’t be surprised when they call her name. She has a great Venezuelan catwalk and communications skills that will sure come handy in the next couple of weeks. At the same time, she is a girl with such a special skin and eye color she will need the perfect styling and color palette for her wardrobe. It could do or break her. I actually don’t know what would be the best color or shape for a final dress or wardrobe but the organization should sit down and give her something special and fit for her. I do hope she proves me wrong and becomes a beautiful image of a queen in that final night as I will be expecting a good transformation during the pre-pageant activities. I want to see how her team handles her for this pageant.

MEXICO (Yoana Gutierrez)
Mexico is such a contradicting girl for me, contradicting in terms of beauty. Sometimes I find her extremely beautiful and sometimes I find her face to be a little troubling, like something in there is not as harmonious enough. Nevertheless, this is a beautiful girl and a fierce contender, I wouldn’t dare knock her off the Top 15 just yet. Team Mexico is a very strong one this year and it should be one to fear because they are all very fierce and very strong in terms of performance. She could easily bring it on at the final and power through those rounds, that’s the beauty of Mexican queens. They are fighters and performers. So, watch out… she is 11th right now but I doubt she will stay there for long.

INDIA (Anukriti Gussain):
India is a beautiful woman that I wish I knew far more about, maybe she could get farther in this list if I did so hopefully this following weeks will give me some information about her. I find her to have a beautiful face and personality that I know could charm the judges in Vietnam, India is known for this type of women. I would really like to see her performance skills anytime soon of course but as of now I do find her to be a worthy member of the Top 14 in this pre-arrival list. We shall see how the pre-pageant weeks let her shine or fall so I am very observant of this girl coming October.

THAILAND (Pam Premika Pamela)
I’m sorry but this girl is so confusing to me facially, sometimes I feel like she could have some redemption like in her picture but sometimes I find her face so masculine. I find myself still on the fence with this girl, can’t quite tell how I feel about her. The only thing that I do enjoy a lot from her is how she looks on stage and her performance it in, it could make a world of difference if her features soften more on stage. I do feel like she will place, I can just feel it also coming from the country that brings us the MGI; but if she claps it also be understandable. My advice for her would be to SOFTEN HER FACE and improve her performance skills like catwalk and communications skills. We shall see though but as of now I share the same feelings of Indonesia with her.

INDONESIA (Dea Goesti Riktika)
To be fair I do not like Indonesia at all, in comparison to the rest of the Puteri team she is an alright candidate but she doesn’t excite me. She of course has a nice set of skills but I just think with the competition level she won’t get too far; speaking in terms of performance of course. Coming after Ariska, a back to back seems highly unlikely for this country I am afraid; maybe a Top 10 placements. I wouldn’t sleep on her though, I didn’t think her predecessor would win and she obviously proved me wrong; the other girls should never underestimate their competitors. I feel that if she wants to secure this Top 15 spot she HAS to perform in the Arrival activities very well and build up those communication skills. And if she wants to go further than that she needs to push and push those catwalks skills so she can compete with the favorites, specially the girls in my Top 5. Who knows, maybe she will prove me wrong. But as of now she hasn’t

THANKS FOR READING DEARIES, ILL SEE YOU IN THE MISS EARTH PRE ARRIVAL AND THE INTERCONTINENTAL HOTPICKS.

The Duchess
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 01 Sep 1995
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Costume Design
Hobbies/Interests: Arts, Music, Literature

Re: <3 The Duchess' Miss Gwand PRE ARRIVAL REVIEW<3

Postby cica-maca » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:54 pm

You don't have Serbia in your list but I must say that she is strong candidate, she is very well prepared in every segment catwalk, body, communication skills, I think that she will do well
cica-maca
CUTIES are ADORABLE & CUTE members.
CUTIES are ADORABLE & CUTE members.

Date of Birth: 18 Jun 1987
Profession: student
Hobbies/Interests: reading, enjoying life :)

Postby The Duchess » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:25 pm

cica-maca wrote:You don't have Serbia in your list but I must say that she is strong candidate, she is very well prepared in every segment catwalk, body, communication skills, I think that she will do well

ill surely keep an eye on her
The Duchess

Date of Birth: 01 Sep 1995
Profession: Costume Design
Hobbies/Interests: Arts, Music, Literature

Postby Soraya_Montenegro » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:50 pm

NIce review. I like Ph, PR, India. Best of luck to them.
Image Image Image
Soraya_Montenegro
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: Soraya Montenegro
Date of Birth: 09 Mar 1985
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual
Profession: Cradle Snatcher
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: bitchin' around

Postby UniversoMundoTierra » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:36 pm

Here are the faves as of press time..

Czech Republik
Vietnam
India
Philippines
England
Ukraine - seems a little disappointment
Universe and World

Earth-International

Supranational-Grand-Intercontinental-United Continents
UniversoMundoTierra
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: poi
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1986
Profession: travel consultant
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: doing extreme sports, cooking, travel

Postby QueenAnne » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:26 pm

I wasn't a fan of Elizabeth during her Bb. stint. But her class really projected well even back then. I'm glad she turned out well prepared, gorgeous and impossibly classier than ever before. She reminds me of a nice bottle of Dior J'adore. Goodluck, Philippines :!!

#PageantsThatMatter #RelevantPageantsOnly
sig designed by QueenAnne, photos used ctto
QueenAnne
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Tash
Date of Birth: 30 Nov 1988
Profession: Curator. Women and Children's Rights Advocate
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Arts, Tech, All kinds of Beauty

Return to Miss Grand International