SHOULD FEMINA TAKE BACK THE MISS EARTH FRANCHISE?

Forum rules
Welcome to Missosology! RULES: Freedom of speech allowed but 1. NO CROSSING LIMITS AS DIRECT RACIST REMARKS, NUDE OR VIOLENT PICS. 2. NO SPAMMING/FLOODING 3. NO ADVERTISING 4. NO BLACKMAILING/VIOLATING/DIVULGING PRIVACY/personal infos of members as posting their real life pic/real life name without their consent. 5. NO AVENGING/ATTACKING MEMBERS ON THEIR PHYSICAL LOOKS 6. NO REPUTATION BUTTON ABUSE. Any question, feel free to post in the Help Desk section till a Moderator/Admin responds. HAVE FUN!

SHOULD FEMINA TAKE BACK THE MISS EARTH FRANCHISE?

Postby SIR_MONISH_D » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:58 pm

SHOULD FEMINA TAKE BACK THE MISS EARTH FRANCHISE? WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

SIR_MONISH_D
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: SIR MONISH D
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: King of Sparta
Hobbies/Interests: Sword Fighting

Re: SHOULD FEMINA TAKE BACK THE MISS EARTH FRANCHISE?

Postby Femina » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:37 pm

Yes.
Times group should re-acquire the ME franchise for India and start crowning Femina Miss India Earth as it used to do till 2012.
Miss Earth brand can only flourish under the Times of India group. No other franchise can match it up to them and we have seen the results.
Femina
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 04 Apr 1992
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Hobbies/Interests: football, cooking

Postby manoypoe » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:40 pm

PERSONALLY, I DON'T LIKE FEMINA TO TAKE IT BACK IF THEY'RE GOING TO TREAT MISS EARTH SAME AS BEFORE. THEY HAVE NOT DONE ANY SIGNIFICANT OR EVEN NOTICEABLE ENVIRONMENTAL WORKS IN INDIA. THEY HAVE NOT SPREAD THE ADVOCACY, DESPITE WINNING AND SEVERAL PLACEMENTS, WHEN IN FACT INDIA HAS ONE OF THE BIGGEST ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES IN THE WORLD.
manoypoe
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.

Date of Birth: 15 Apr 1975
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Assassin of Idiots
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Web surfing

Postby bcdf1930 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:17 pm

I WISH THEY TAKE Miss Universe, MI, ME :)>-
bcdf1930
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: Anonymous:)
Date of Birth: 20 Nov 1984
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: IT professional
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Hobbies/Interests: Reading books, browsing Internet

Postby stupid_jerk » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:17 pm

I have been a fan of former Miss India at Miss Earth, under Femina... However, in spite of the fact that the owner is a big name and has an influence, I don't think their goal is aligned with the advocacies of Miss Earth.

Nicole was a lovely Miss Earth, but since she also has to abide by her contract with Femina, she wasn't really out there spreading the ME brand, in as much as fans would like her to be. Plus the fact that the political situation in India is somehow different, it was really a challenge to fulfill her duties in her own land.

I honestly think had Nicole been more aligned with ME goals, she can actually takeover the franchise and promote ecotourism in India.

Lastly, India is one amazing country... however like some Asian countries (cough... Philippines), Miss Earth is not really being seen as a big deal despite the clamor of its supporters (like me).

So... Should Femina take back the Franchise? I guess once they see the value of what the potential voice of Miss Earth is, national or international title holder (like South Africa), then yes. Else, an organization who can promote the brand and India's ecotourism to the entire world will be better to have the franchise.

Just to add, most succesful ME franchise holders actually use the name to promote their causes in their own countries (win or lose in the international pageant). They know that the pageant is an icing on top of the cake, but the franchise is actually a ticket to give their advocacies a voice.
stupid_jerk
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Observer
Date of Birth: 25 Dec 1990
Profession: Homeboy
Hobbies/Interests: Many to mention

Postby manoypoe » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:27 pm

stupid_jerk wrote:I have been a fan of former Miss India at Miss Earth, under Femina... However, in spite of the fact that the owner is a big name and has an influence, I don't think their goal is aligned with the advocacies of Miss Earth.

Nicole was a lovely Miss Earth, but since she also has to abide by her contract with Femina, she wasn't really out there spreading the ME brand, in as much as fans would like her to be. Plus the fact that the political situation in India is somehow different, it was really a challenge to fulfill her duties in her own land.

I honestly think had Nicole been more aligned with ME goals, she can actually takeover the franchise and promote ecotourism in India.

Lastly, India is one amazing country... however like some Asian countries (cough... Philippines), Miss Earth is not really being seen as a big deal despite the clamor of its supporters (like me).

So... Should Femina take back the Franchise? I guess once they see the value of what the potential voice of Miss Earth is, national or international title holder (like South Africa), then yes. Else, an organization who can promote the brand and India's ecotourism to the entire world will be better to have the franchise.

Just to add, most succesful ME franchise holders actually use the name to promote their causes in their own countries (win or lose in the international pageant). They know that the pageant is an icing on top of the cake, but the franchise is actually a ticket to give their advocacies a voice.

WELL SAID SJ. HOW I WISH SOMEBODY WHO LOVES MOTHER EARTH WILL TAKE OVER MISS EARTH IN INDIA.
manoypoe

Postby Handsama » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:25 pm

IF Carousel offers the franchise back to Femina, then I say go for it. Because I'd rather have an Indian delegate compete than none at all.

But as long as there is an entity that aims to promote the brand and its cause in India, I'd rather that org take charge ...even if it doesn't have Femina's name recognition. That's why I'm willing to wait until Pradeep has settled his legal action. The guy has a good heart and appears to genuinely care for what Miss Earth stands for.
Handsama
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 10 Jan 1987
Profession: Secret
Hobbies/Interests: Reading

Postby manoypoe » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:40 pm

Handsama wrote:IF Carousel offers the franchise back to Femina, then I say go for it. Because I'd rather have an Indian delegate compete than none at all.

But as long as there is an entity that aims to promote the brand and its cause in India, I'd rather that org take charge ...even if it doesn't have Femina's name recognition. That's why I'm willing to wait until Pradeep has settled his legal action. The guy has a good heart and appears to genuinely care for what Miss Earth stands for.

IF PRADEEP STILL HOLDS THE FRANCHISE, HE MUST ONLY APPOINT ONE OF THE FINALISTS LAST YEAR. I THINK HEMAL WILL BE A GOOD REP. :=p :=p
manoypoe

Postby Handsama » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:42 pm

stupid_jerk wrote:

From what I've seen, Miss Earth has already made a huge stride towards brand recognition in the Philippines even though most people still obsesss over Miss Universe. And I suspect it will continue to do so now that it has some governmental support.

So I'd like to think it's starting to be seen as a big deal by your countrymen...what with all these climate changes affecting your country.
Handsama

Postby manoypoe » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:59 pm

Handsama wrote:
stupid_jerk wrote:

From what I've seen, Miss Earth has already made a huge stride towards brand recognition in the Philippines even though most people still obsesss over Miss Universe. And I suspect it will continue to do so now that it has some governmental support.

So I'd like to think it's starting to be seen as a big deal by your countrymen...what with all these climate changes affecting your country.

MISS EARTH IS ALREADY BIG IN THE PHILIPPINES. MISS EARTH QUEENS HAVE BEEN REACHING THE GRASSROOTS FOR MANY YEARS. THEY'VE VISITED OR TOURED HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS OF SCHOOLS NATIONWIDE. ME FANS MAY NOT BE AS NOISY AS MISS UNIVERSE FANS, BUT AFTER MISS UNIVERSE, MISS EARTH IS THE MOST FOLLOWED BEAUTY PAGEANT IN THE PHILIPPINES. IT HAS MORE SUPPORT FROM THE LOCAL GOVERNMENTS THAN MISS UNIVERSE. GIVE IT MORE TIME AND MISS EARTH WILL BE BIGGER...
manoypoe

Postby Femina » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:44 pm

Handsama wrote:IF Carousel offers the franchise back to Femina, then I say go for it. Because I'd rather have an Indian delegate compete than none at all.

This is exactly what I want to re-iterate.India's performance at Miss Earth has been quite promising with one crown and two b2b first runner up and after such a triumph, India's absence at the pageant is not expected.
Pradeep Maithani has a long battle to fight.I doubt him of having the franchise.He is avoiding Miss Earth India related queries or posts.I mean he is a businessman.He won't waste his time on something that is not expected to yield returns and rather bear huge costs in form of lawsuits.
I am cent percent sure that nobody in India is having the ME franchise.
It is already Aug 12 and in less than 2 months, girls will start flying to the Philippines.I hope we overcome this crisis and India is represented at the 17th edition.
[-O<
Femina

Date of Birth: 04 Apr 1992
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Hobbies/Interests: football, cooking

Postby Sapphire » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:34 pm

manoypoe wrote:
Handsama wrote:
stupid_jerk wrote:

MISS EARTH IS ALREADY BIG IN THE PHILIPPINES. MISS EARTH QUEENS HAVE BEEN REACHING THE GRASSROOTS FOR MANY YEARS. THEY'VE VISITED OR TOURED HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS OF SCHOOLS NATIONWIDE. ME FANS MAY NOT BE AS NOISY AS MISS UNIVERSE FANS, BUT AFTER MISS UNIVERSE, MISS EARTH IS THE MOST FOLLOWED BEAUTY PAGEANT IN THE PHILIPPINES. IT HAS MORE SUPPORT FROM THE LOCAL GOVERNMENTS THAN MISS UNIVERSE. GIVE IT MORE TIME AND MISS EARTH WILL BE BIGGER...

I mean... yes and no... It's big in terms of the fact that it's still manage to flourish throughout all these years unlike other pageants... like Miss World Philippines.... and it has some government support...

but in terms of public recognition though? Most Filipinos still recognize Miss Universe and World as the biggest and International as third. None of the Miss Earth Philippines' has yet to really break through showbizness or are garnering the same amount of following outside the pageant fans circle.

I think Miss Earth's importance is most evident in Europe and Latin America.
Sapphire

Real Life Name/Nick: Ess
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1990
Profession: Estudiante
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty Pageants

Postby filipinoako28 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:01 am

SIR_MONISH_D wrote:SHOULD FEMINA TAKE BACK THE MISS EARTH FRANCHISE? WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

Sir, I would have to agree with most of the comments that Femina's goals, brand, & overall objectives are not aligned with that of the Miss Earth brand. It saddened me to see that there weren't even any attempts for Nicole to use her title back in India save for her homecoming & video beside a dirty river. I would prefer an org in India just like ME South Africa because just like the Philippines, I believe India also has a lot of environmental challenges.

It's like when Miss World started to make its brand distinct from other beauty pageants, I think ME is doing the same and is slowly becoming successful in Europe & Latin America.

Obviously Femina is now geared/aligned with Miss World. I get the feel that majority of Indian forumers (including you in some posts) prefer the typical ultra-produced, glamorous stage designs & pretty girls with amazing bodies type of pageant after Miss World and sorry but Miss Earth will never be about these things. You have Supranational and Grand International. These pageants will more than cater to what you clamour for in a pageant. Leave Miss Earth be.

If India is not represented this year, so be it. I'd rather have that than a girl from Femina and fans would make it appear like she is a goddess who came upon us and should be the winner or should place despite not having even a tiny beat of concern for ME's advocacies.

Peace and Love! The line has been drawn a long time ago and let us co-exist in peace. Let Femina and Miss Earth not cross paths anymore and we could continue to be separate, but alike in many ways, supporters of our favorite pageants.
filipinoako28

Date of Birth: 09 Mar 1983
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Financial analyst
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Pig
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing the net

Postby BIGBANG BAKS » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:26 am

manoypoe wrote:
Handsama wrote:
stupid_jerk wrote:

LIARS GO TO HELL MANAY. MISS EARTH IS NOT A BIG BRAND, IT IS NOT EVEN KNOWN HERE.AND IT'S NOT BECAUSE MISS UNIVERSE FANS ARE NOISIER, THEY SIMPLY HAVE THE NUMBERS. PAGEANT FANS DOES NOT EVEN CONSTITUTE 0.5 PERCENT OF THE POPULATION.

EVEN THEY HAVE BEEN DOING CAMPAIGNS FOR THE GRASSROOTS, THE BRAND HAS NOT STUCK. SAME WITH OTHER MINOR PAGEANTS. PEOPLE DON'T SIMPLY CARE. OF COURSE, IT WOULD HAVE MORE SUPPORT FROM LOCAL GOVERNMENTS, IT IS BASED HERE, AND MINOR PAGEANTS GO THAT ROUTE. WHILE WHEN MISS UNIVERSE WAS HELD HERE, IT WAS SUPPORTED BY MAJOR CORPORATE BRANDS AND MAJOR CITIES WITH GRANDER ACCEPTANCE AND APPRECIATION OF THE PAGEANT --THAT IS HOW YOU SEPARATE MINOR FROM MAJOR. STOP BEING DELUSIONAL MISS MANAYPOE.

HERE IS THE TEST--WAG SINUNGALING BAKLA.

1. GO TO THE STREETS IF THEY RECALL WHO IS THE CURRENT MISS EARTH PHILIPPINES AND MISS EARTH? THEY WOULD GIVE YOU A BLANK STARE. AS WHO WON MISS UNIVERSE IN MANILA. --AND YOU WILL GET AN ANSWER. GO TO BB PILIPINAS PARADE, PASSERSBY--NOT PAGEANT FANS WOULD RECOGNIZE OUR UNIVERSE CONTESTANTS--ARA, JANINE, PIA, MAXINE.

2. TV TIME SLOT-- MISS EARTH IS NOT SHOWN LIVE AND EVEN RELEGATED TO A MORNING TIMESLOT. BB. PILIPINAS EVEN HAS A BETTER SLOT WITH A PRIMER. YES, BB. PLIPINAS IS A MUCH BIGGER BRAND THAN MISS EARTH.

3. SPONSOR-- WHAT BIG BRAND SUPPORT MISS EARTH --ARE THERE AT LEAST 5? HANNA RESORT--BWAHAHAHAH. I PITY MISS EARTH WINNERS WHEN THEY WENT TO GLORIETAT INSIDE THE BOOTH OF HANNA RESORT AND SAT THERE FOR HOURS FOR PHOTO-POS AND MOST PEOPLE DON'T REALLY CARE.

4. MISS EARTH SHOULD GO TO ORE SCHOOLS AND NOT JUST MAKE IT AN OPPORTUNITY FOR PRESS RELEASES. THAT IS WHY THEY ARE EASILY FORGOTTEN--THEY COME FEW AND FAR BETWEEN.

5. A SURE WAY TO GAUGE THE POPULARITY OF A BRAND IS WHEN WINNERS ENDORSE BIG BRANDS. CAN YOU NAME ONE -- I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE CHEAP SOAP THAT ANGELIA PROMOTES. ON THE OTHER HAND PIA AND MEAGAN ARE PROMOTING BDO, CREAM SILK, SECURITY BANK. DO YOU KNOW WHY? BECAUSE PEOPLE DON'T RECOGNIZE THE EARTH BRAND. PEOPLE DOES NOT CARE OF GIVE A DAMN IF YOU WON MISS EARTH--ALL OF THOSE ARE BASED ON RESEARCH AND MARKETING STRATEGY. SO WOULD I BELIEVE YOU MANAY OR THE FUNDED RESEARCH?

6. TRY PARADING ANGELIA AND JAMIE IN EDSA AND SEE THE RESULT

7 THE BACK TO BACK THING SHOULD BE HISTORICAL--BUT THE MEDIA DISMISSED IT --IT WAS NOT A BIG DEAL HERE.
MISS EARTH BRAND IS FOREVER STARLET , AN EXTRA TO Miss Universe AND MW
Last edited by BIGBANG BAKS on Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
BIGBANG BAKS

Real Life Name/Nick: Baladjao
Date of Birth: 21 May 1973
Profession: Bakla sa Parlor
Hobbies/Interests: Hating Miss Earth

Postby BIGBANG BAKS » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:29 am

Sapphire wrote:
manoypoe wrote:
Handsama wrote:
stupid_jerk wrote:

I mean... yes and no... It's big in terms of the fact that it's still manage to flourish throughout all these years unlike other pageants... like Miss World Philippines.... and it has some government support...

but in terms of public recognition though? Most Filipinos still recognize Miss Universe and World as the biggest and International as third. None of the Miss Earth Philippines' has yet to really break through showbizness or are garnering the same amount of following outside the pageant fans circle.

FLOURISHING DOES NOT MAKE IT BIG. EVEN MUTYA HAS LOCAL SUPPORT-- BUT THEY ARE STILL LARGELY UNRECOGNIZABLE.
BIGBANG BAKS

Real Life Name/Nick: Baladjao
Date of Birth: 21 May 1973
Profession: Bakla sa Parlor
Hobbies/Interests: Hating Miss Earth

Postby Handsama » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:37 am

Femina wrote:

This is exactly what I want to re-iterate.India's performance at Miss Earth has been quite promising with one crown and two b2b first runner up and after such a triumph, India's absence at the pageant is not expected.
Pradeep Maithani has a long battle to fight.I doubt him of having the franchise.He is avoiding Miss Earth India related queries or posts.I mean he is a businessman.He won't waste his time on something that is not expected to yield returns and rather bear huge costs in form of lawsuits.
I am cent percent sure that nobody in India is having the ME franchise.
It is already Aug 12 and in less than 2 months, girls will start flying to the Philippines.I hope we overcome this crisis and India is represented at the 17th edition.
[-O<

Keep faith my friend. As long as India is included in the Miss Earth delegate list, we have to assume that someone is planning to send a delegate. As to the identity of this person/org, I suppose we'll know soon enough. Start worrying when India disappears from that list.

Pradeep might be a businessman but he is also a man of principle. He is a wronged man and he might want vindication. So I won't be surprised if he hangs on to the franchise in one iteration or another. I won't read too much in him being silent about Miss Earth related posts as that's the right thing to do when involved in a lawsuit. Remember too that he can always rename Miss Earth India and choose to send one of the girls from last year's pageant. And that he is partnered up with Cheryl Hansen who happens to be a good friend of Ms Lorraine.

And just like Manoypoe, I'd also like to see Hemal Ingle compete as that girl can talk. :-D
Handsama

Postby jesnude » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:52 am

manoypoe wrote:
Handsama wrote:
stupid_jerk wrote:

TRUE KA MANOY....AND THAT MESS WORLD WANNABE IS BEING THROWN IN GARBAGE TRUCK =;)) =;)) =;)) :%)) :%))
jesnude
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: TElemALCHuS
Date of Birth: 08 Dec 1971
Profession: Accounting
Chinese Zodiac: Goat
Hobbies/Interests: Movies

Postby jesnude » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:13 am

Sapphire wrote:
manoypoe wrote:
Handsama wrote:
stupid_jerk wrote:

SAPPHIRE NOT TRUE......NOBODY TALK ABOUT MISS INTERNATIONAL ITSELF BUT RATHER THEY TALK ABOUT KYLIE VERZOSA.
REGARDING MESS WORLD ONLY FEW..BUT HATE TOWARDS MANANG JULIA COOKING SHOWS...
MANY FILIPINOS KNEW ABOUT MISS EARTH, BUT MOST OF FILIPINOS HAVE A CRAB MENTALITY MAYBE I HAVE TO INCLUDE YOU SORRY TO SAY THAT. THEY LEARNT TO LOVE IMPORTED SHOWS LIKE GARBAGE MGI AND VERY POLLUTED SUPRA.
WELL....SAD BUT TRUE.

MY FIRST PAGEANT FOR ME IS......MISS EARTH.....NO ONE COMES CLOSE.
OF COURSE NEXT IS MISS UNIVERSE BUT I DIDN'T FOLLOW I ONLY WATCH DURING FINALS.

I STARTED TO LIKE MESS WORLD WHEN MEAGAN WON....BUT WHAT HAPPENED TO CATRIONA LAST YEAR WAS A BIG DISASTER. I HATE MESS WORLD!!!!!!! AND NEVER LIKING IT ANYMORE EVEN IF THEY GIVE US THE CROWN EVERY YEAR =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) :%)) :%)) :%)) :%))

MISS EARTH IS MY ONLY LOVE PAGEANT, I AM FILIPINO AND I LOVE MY OWN.
jesnude

Postby Sapphire » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:17 am

BIGBANG BAKS wrote:
Sapphire wrote:
manoypoe wrote:
Handsama wrote:
stupid_jerk wrote:

FLOURISHING DOES NOT MAKE IT BIG. EVEN MUTYA HAS LOCAL SUPPORT-- BUT THEY ARE STILL LARGELY UNRECOGNIZABLE.

And that's the main reason why Miss Earth isn't that big in the Philippines because of Crab Mentality.

I'm surprised how passionate you are in proving that Miss Earth is "worthless" in the Philippines instead of supporting it because it comes from our country. But I guess that's one thing that will be very hard to change in our people... CRAB MENTALITY and the "I want Imported" view.

Even though I'm not the biggest fan of MGI, look at how their people support their own pageant.
Sapphire

Postby Chiti_Salaki » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:18 am

india is one of the most populated country in the world, that comsumes environmental resources in everyday life, i think having femina / candidate in international pagent can influence their countrymen about the advocacy of miss earth and responsibilies of taking care of our invironment. i feel that they are focus only at Miss world.
Chiti_Salaki

Real Life Name/Nick: Chiti
Date of Birth: 18 May 1985
Profession: sales
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: music,fashion

Postby jesnude » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:23 am

BIGBANG BAKS wrote:
manoypoe wrote:
Handsama wrote:
stupid_jerk wrote:

LIARS GO TO HELL MANAY. MISS EARTH IS NOT A BIG BRAND, IT IS NOT EVEN KNOWN HERE.AND IT'S NOT BECAUSE MISS UNIVERSE FANS ARE NOISIER, THEY SIMPLY HAVE THE NUMBERS. PAGEANT FANS DOES NOT EVEN CONSTITUTE 0.5 PERCENT OF THE POPULATION.

EVEN THEY HAVE BEEN DOING CAMPAIGNS FOR THE GRASSROOTS, THE BRAND HAS NOT STUCK. SAME WITH OTHER MINOR PAGEANTS. PEOPLE DON'T SIMPLY CARE. OF COURSE, IT WOULD HAVE MORE SUPPORT FROM LOCAL GOVERNMENTS, IT IS BASED HERE, AND MINOR PAGEANTS GO THAT ROUTE. WHILE WHEN MISS UNIVERSE WAS HELD HERE, IT WAS SUPPORTED BY MAJOR CORPORATE BRANDS AND MAJOR CITIES WITH GRANDER ACCEPTANCE AND APPRECIATION OF THE PAGEANT --THAT IS HOW YOU SEPARATE MINOR FROM MAJOR. STOP BEING DELUSIONAL MISS MANAYPOE.

1. GO TO THE STREETS IF THEY RECALL WHO IS THE CURRENT MISS EARTH PHILIPPINES AND MISS EARTH? THEY WOULD GIVE YOU A BLANK STARE. AS WHO WON MISS UNIVERSE IN MANILA. --AND YOU WILL GET AN ANSWER. GO TO BB PILIPINAS PARADE, PASSERSBY--NOT PAGEANT FANS WOULD RECOGNIZE OUR UNIVERSE CONTESTANTS--ARA, JANINE, PIA, MAXINE.

2. TV TIME SLOT-- MISS EARTH IS NOT SHOWN LIVE AND EVEN RELEGATED TO A MORNING TIMESLOT. BB. PILIPINAS EVEN HAS A BETTER SLOT WITH A PRIMER. YES, BB. PLIPINAS IS A MUCH BIGGER BRAND THAN MISS EARTH.

3. SPONSOR-- WHAT BIG BRAND SUPPORT MISS EARTH --ARE THERE AT LEAST 5? HANNA RESORT--BWAHAHAHAH. I PITY MISS EARTH WINNERS WHEN THEY WENT TO GLORIETAT INSIDE THE BOOTH OF HANNA RESORT AND SAT THERE FOR HOURS FOR PHOTO-POS AND MOST PEOPLE DON'T REALLY CARE.

4. MISS EARTH SHOULD GO TO ORE SCHOOLS AND NOT JUST MAKE IT AN OPPORTUNITY FOR PRESS RELEASES. THAT IS WHY THEY ARE EASILY FORGOTTEN--THEY COME FEW AND FAR BETWEEN.

5. A SURE WAY TO GAUGE THE POPULARITY OF A BRAND IS WHEN WINNERS ENDORSE BIG BRANDS. CAN YOU NAME ONE -- I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE CHEAP SOAP THAT ANGELIA PROMOTES. ON THE OTHER HAND PIA AND MEAGAN ARE PROMOTING BDO, CREAM SILK, SECURITY BANK. DO YOU KNOW WHY? BECAUSE PEOPLE DON'T RECOGNIZE THE EARTH BRAND. PEOPLE DOES NOT CARE OF GIVE A DAMN IF YOU WON MISS EARTH--ALL OF THOSE ARE BASED ON RESEARCH AND MARKETING STRATEGY. SO WOULD I BELIEVE YOU MANAY OR THE FUNDED RESEARCH?

7 THE BACK TO BACK THING SHOULD BE HISTORICAL--BUT THE MEDIA DISMISSED IT --IT WAS NOT A BIG DEAL HERE.

I WILL HAVE TO ASK YOU.....ASK A PEOPLE IN THE STREET IF THEY KNEW THE NAME OF THE WINNER IN MISS UNIVERSE 2016...WANNA BET??????? EVEN MYSELF I DUNNO HER NAME, I ONLY KNEW SHE IS FROM FRANCE..

YOU ARE AN MGI AND SUPRA FAN, IT'S A WASTED TIME ARGUING WITH YOU.... =;)) =;)) :%)) :%)) :%))
jesnude

Postby Sapphire » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:23 am

jesnude wrote:
Sapphire wrote:
manoypoe wrote:
Handsama wrote:
stupid_jerk wrote:

SAPPHIRE NOT TRUE......NOBODY TALK ABOUT MISS INTERNATIONAL ITSELF BUT RATHER THEY TALK ABOUT KYLIE VERZOSA.

Well it's definitely not as Big as Miss Universe but in look at where the winners of MI are now compared to the ME winners.

Precious had and still has a pretty stable career and Kylie, she is everywhere! From BAYO ads, to drink ads, to fashion mags, and tv shows... Bea didn't get quite lucky but she still has some roles on tv, and the major population still views it as more prestigious than ME just because they've known it for so much longer and it because it's foreign owned.

The only Miss Earth who kinda has a good career is Priscilla Mereilles and her being Brazilian and being married to John Estrada was a big factor for that. Karla, Jamie, and Angelia are unfortunately never seen, and I honestly think if Angelia won Miss International, she'd probably have her own teleserye by now.
Sapphire

Postby jesnude » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:29 am

Sapphire wrote:
BIGBANG BAKS wrote:
Sapphire wrote:
manoypoe wrote:
Handsama wrote:
stupid_jerk wrote:

And that's the main reason why Miss Earth isn't that big in the Philippines because of Crab Mentality.

I'm surprised how passionate you are in proving that Miss Earth is "worthless" in the Philippines instead of supporting it because it comes from our country. But I guess that's one thing that will be very hard to change in our people... CRAB MENTALITY and the "I want Imported" view.

Even though I'm not the biggest fan of MGI, look at how their people support their own pageant.

YOU ARE A BIGGEST FAN OF MGI, DON'T PRETEND YOU'RE NOT. JUST BE YOURSELF.
jesnude

Postby jesnude » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:37 am

BIGBANG BAKS wrote:
manoypoe wrote:
Handsama wrote:
stupid_jerk wrote:

YOUR JUST A FAN OR A SUPPORTER OF A PAGEANT. NOT TO PRETEND YOU KNEW EVERYTHING. YOU ARE NOT THE OWNER OF MISS EARTH, JUST LOOK AND LISTEN....YOU ARE NOTHING TO THEM AS WELL AS ME.

WORSHIP YOUR OWN PAGEANT.....NEVER MINE MISS EARTH BCOS AT THE END OF THE DAY, YOU'LL NEVER SATISFIED COS YOU HAVE A CRAB MIND.
jesnude

Postby jesnude » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:48 am

Sapphire wrote:
jesnude wrote:
Sapphire wrote:
manoypoe wrote:
Handsama wrote:
stupid_jerk wrote:

Well it's definitely not as Big as Miss Universe but in look at where the winners of MI are now compared to the ME winners.

Precious had and still has a pretty stable career and Kylie, she is everywhere! From BAYO ads, to drink ads, to fashion mags, and tv shows... Bea didn't get quite lucky but she still has some roles on tv, and the major population still views it as more prestigious than ME just because they've known it for so much longer and it because it's foreign owned.

The only Miss Earth who kinda has a good career is Priscilla Mereilles and her being Brazilian and being married to John Estrada was a big factor for that. Karla, Jamie, and Angelia are unfortunately never seen, and I honestly think if Angelia won Miss International, she'd probably have her own teleserye by now.

OH REALLY???.......SO A PAGEANT IS A FATE SITTER THEN. KINDLY ADVICE ANGELIA, JAMIE, KARLA TO JOIN BININBINI SO THAT THEIR FATE MAY CHANGE SOON.
HOW LUCKY YOUR GIRLS ARE...THEY ARE VERY SUCCESSFUL WHEN THEY ARE CROWN AS??????_________.
MISS EARTH TITLIST, SUCCESSFUL OR NOT I STILL LOVE AND SUPPORT THEM COS THEY ARE MY QUEENS.
jesnude

Postby manoypoe » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:58 am

IS MISS WORLD REALLY BIG OR FAMOUS IN THE PHILIPPINES? LOOK WHAT HAPPENED TO THEIR WINNERS? DID WE CELEBRATE THE VICTORY OF GWEN RUAIS? NOPE. IS SHE BEING CELEBRATED IN THE PHILIPPINES? NO. HOW ABOUT QUEENRICH? SHE IS AS INVISIBLE AS GWEN. DO THEY HAVE NAME RECALL TO ORDINARY FOLKS? NOPE!

WHERE IS VALERIE MY LOVE? CATRIONA IS NOT KNOWN TOO MANY ALSO BUT OF COURSE I LOVE HER. AND WORSE, MY SUPER LOVE MEGAN, DESPITE HER VICTORY, SHE DID NOT BECOME FAMOUS IN THE PHILIPPINES. ITHESE QUEENS ULTIMATE PURPOSE IS TO BE FAMOUS AND WORK IN SHOWBIZNESS. THEIR MISS WORLD PHILIPPINES CROWN DID NOT HELP THEM TOO. MAYBE BECAUSE MISS WORLD IS WITH GMA?

BUT WAIT! MISS INTERNATIONAL / BB PILIPINAS IS WITH ABS CBN TOO AND WE KNOW HOW GOOD ABS-CBN IS IN HYPING CERTAIN CELEBRITIES. DO WE REALLY HAVE FAMOUS MISS INTERNATIONAL QUEENS IN SHOWBIZ? PRECIOUS LARA WAS AND IS JUST A SUPPORTING STAR. SHE NEVER MADE IT BIG. BEA IS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND AND I AM EXPECTING THE SAME TO HAPPEN TO KYLIE. WHERE IS BIANCA, NICOLE, WHO ELSE?

MISS UNIVERSE IS ON ANOTHER LEVEL IN THE PHILIPPINES. THEY MAY HAVE NAME RECALL BUT ARE THEY REALLY SUCCESSFUL IN SHOWBIZ? WHAT HAPPENED AFTER SOME YEARS TO VENUS RAJ? SHAMCEY SUPSUP I GUESS DID NOT REALLY WANT TO BE IN SHOWBIZ. SHE IS NOT MADE FOR IT AND I AM GLAD. IS ARIELLA REALLY FAMOUS AS A CO-HOST IN WOWOWIN? HOW ABOUT THE SHORT STINT OF MJ IN SHOWBIZ? IS SHE STILL IN? DID SHE BECOME FAMOUS? HOW ABOUT MAXINE?

AND YES, PIA. SHE IS THE WINNER. SHE IS FAMOUS NOW BUT CAN SHE SUSTAIN IT? I REALLY HOPE IT BUT I DONT THINK SHE WILL REALLY BECOME A FAMOUS MOVIESTAR IN THE PHILIPPINES. SHE DOES NOT HAVE THE INGREDIENTS TO REALLY BECOME A BIG STAR BUT I HOPE I AM WRONG. BUT YOU KNOW, FILIPINOS LOVE SWEETER LOOK. SHE IS SO FIERCED TO BE A DAMSEL IN DISTRESS IN MOST FILIPINO SOAP OPERAS AND MOVIES. IMHO, MEGAN COULD HAVE MADE IT BIG IF SHE OPTED TO STAY IN ABS CBN.

NOW WE COME TO MISS EARTH QUEENS. ARE THEY REALLY MADE FOR SHOWBIZ? I DONT THINK SO. I BELIEVE MOST OF THEM REALLY KNOW THAT MISS EARTH QUEENS ARE NOT CUT FOR SHOWBIZ. THEY SEEM TO TREAD DIFFERENT PATHS. CATHY IS A DIRECTOR IN MISS EARTH. ANGELIA IS NOW AN AMBASSADOR IN AN INTERNATIONAL FOUNDATION. JAMIE HAS HER OWN ISLA 7107 BUSINESS. ATHENA IS AT LEAST WELL KNOWN FIELD REPORTER IN GMA. STEPHANY AND ANGELEE DO HOSTING JOBS.

I CAN SAFELY SAY THAT MISS WORLD, MISS INTERNATIONAL AND MISS EARTH HAVE THE SAME LEVEL OF POPULARITY IN THE PHILIPPINES BUT MISS EARTH IS SLOWLY EDGING THE TWO. MISS UNIVERSE IS MISS UNIVERSE. IT IS STILL THE BEST PAGEANT TO MAJORITY OF THE FILIPINOS.
manoypoe

Postby hauteegirl » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:11 am

I hope Miss Earth don't wanna do anything with them at all. =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;))
hauteegirl

Real Life Name/Nick: Queen
Date of Birth: 14 Jan 2008
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: beauty queen
Hobbies/Interests: exotic plants hobbyist

Postby joshua » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:55 am

jesnude wrote:
BIGBANG BAKS wrote:
manoypoe wrote:
Handsama wrote:
stupid_jerk wrote:

YOUR JUST A FAN OR A SUPPORTER OF A PAGEANT. NOT TO PRETEND YOU KNEW EVERYTHING. YOU ARE NOT THE OWNER OF MISS EARTH, JUST LOOK AND LISTEN....YOU ARE NOTHING TO THEM AS WELL AS ME.

WORSHIP YOUR OWN PAGEANT.....NEVER MINE MISS EARTH BCOS AT THE END OF THE DAY, YOU'LL NEVER SATISFIED COS YOU HAVE A CRAB MIND.

TRY TO WIDEN YOUR HORIZONS BECAUSE THE ARGUMENT IS ONLY BASED ON HOW FAMOUS MISS EARTH IN THE PHILIPPINES IS. BUT IN OTHER COUNTRIES, WINNERS OF MISS EARTH ARE CELEBRATED AND THEY BECAME ICONS IN MODELLING AND SHOW BUSINESS. TO NAME A FEW, ALEXANDRA BRAUN BECAME THE MOST SOUGHT AFTER ENDORSER, MODEL AND ACTRESS AFTER WINNING MISS EARTH, NICOLE FARIA ENDORSED BIG BRANDS AFTER WINNING MISS EARTH SUCH AS TAG HEUER, LACOSTE AND ETC AND AT THE SAME TIME HER BOLLYWOOD CAREER SKYROCKETED.
THE WORLD IS FULL OF WONDERS
joshua

Real Life Name/Nick: Gundi Salvo
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1976
Profession: Mechanical Engineer
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Watching Game shows

Postby stupid_jerk » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:47 am

Guys, in as much as I believe we all have valid points regarding Miss Earth, the creator of this thread's question is whether Femina/Tomes should take back the ME franchise?

Let us not hijack this thread any further regarding the popularity and influence of miss Earth in the Philippines.
stupid_jerk

Real Life Name/Nick: Observer
Date of Birth: 25 Dec 1990
Profession: Homeboy
Hobbies/Interests: Many to mention

Postby manoypoe » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:20 am

stupid_jerk wrote:Guys, in as much as I believe we all have valid points regarding Miss Earth, the creator of this thread's question is whether Femina/Tomes should take back the ME franchise?

Let us not hijack this thread any further regarding the popularity and influence of miss Earth in the Philippines.

THANKS SJ. I THINK WE HAVE TO WAIT WITHIN THIS MONTH FOR THE NEW DEVELOPMENT. IF I HAVE MY CHOICE, I WANT IT TO STAY WITH PRADEEP. HE CAN APPOINT ANY OF LAST YEAR'S DELEGATE ESP HEMAL.
manoypoe

Next

Return to GENERAL