ISLANDER'S CHOICE: MISS USA 2016

Postby Islander1 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:15 am

I got the opportunity to follow Miss USA this year, and overall, I’m very disappointed. Many non-powerhouse states sent good candidates, but many of them lacked impact at the prelims. Add to that the boring pre-pageant activities, no glam shots/evening gown shots, and the Miss Universe 2015 recycled theme, we get one of the most boring Miss USA editions ever! Fingers crossed, tonight will be amazing.

Now to the girls, I’ve selected my top 16 based on my taste in beauty, the girls’ prelims performance and their overall consistency in the pageant.

TOP 16

MARYLAND
I liked Christina’s swimsuit performance. Her walk wasn’t the best, but she had energy. I can’t stand her smile though; it looks very weird. She had a gown that could’ve done well without the unnecessary overthrow. Overall, I think Christina is a decent delegate. She isn’t strong enough to win, but she isn’t weak enough to clap either.

KANSAS
Victoria is one of the girls who performed really well in the prelims, but no one is mentioning. If she places, it’ll come as a surprise to many, but I think it was earned. Though she is facially not strong, her swimsuit presentation was one of the best in my opinion. I also liked her evening gown. It reminded me of Megan Pickney in 2013. I honestly don’t see Victoria winning Miss USA, but I wouldn’t mind seeing her causing an upset, she could even sneak into the top 10.

NEVADA
It’s obvious Emelina is shy, and I think her swimsuit presentation was a bit flat. But she redeemed herself in the evening gown segment. I don’t think Emelina is as strong as her predecessors, but we’re in Vegas, and there is no way the host girl is going to miss the first cut.

DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
Deshauna is one of the few girls who has a good walk. She aced the swimsuit segment, but was a bit underwhelming in evening gown. Her gown would’ve looked way better without the unnecessary overthrow. The fact that she is an army veteran might help her to get a spot. I would like to see her going further than Emanii though.

LOUISIANA
Alright, she was very weak in her swimsuit presentation, but I think she’ll make it. IMG is hungry for attention, and Mayliaah’s weight issues will make headlines. She had a good evening gown, and I think her overall look stood out. A lot of people are doubting her, but she could pull an Olivia Culpo type of win.

NEW JERSEY
I’m a bit on the fence with Jessielyn’s performance. She was alright in swimsuit, though she reminds me of Melinda Bam with that pointed nose. And I’m not the biggest fan of her evening gown, especially the bottom area. But she has mad interview skills, and I think that’ll secure her a placement. How she performs from there will determine her end result.

TOP 10

TEXAS
I’m not the biggest fan of Daniella, but I can’t deny the fact that she was very strong in the prelims. She was good in the swimsuit segment, and she looked like a Miss Venezuela contestant in evening gown. After re-watching the prelims, I’ve come to appreciate Daniella a little. I believe she has all it takes to win Texas’ 10th Miss USA crown.

SOUTH CAROLINA
I’m in love with Leah! She doesn’t have the best face in the competition, but she has convinced me that she is worthy of the South Carolina sash. I’m secretly hoping she pulls a major upset and enters the top 5 tonight. I love how she was just having fun in the swimsuit competition. And her overall evening gown presentation and look was very strong. She really cemented her underdog status at the prelims.

OHIO
It’s obvious Megan is a confident diva, but her styling makes me think she is auditioning for the role of Bree Van de Camp of Desperate Housewives. Which is a pity, because she started out very strong. She looked old and worn out in both segments, but gave strong performances nonetheless. I’m not a fan of her gown. The top part was good, but the bottom looked as though a fox was trying to climb onto her. I expect her to be up there because of her pageant experience, but I don’t expect to see her in the final five, unless she changes her gown.

GEORGIA
I had to re-watch the prelims to see why there was this buzz about Georgia. And I got it, Emanii nailed both segments of the competition. I loved her energy and relaxed confidence, but somehow I’m not loving her overall styling. It makes her look like she has no neck. I think she should change her gown, because it looks boring and ill fitted. If she wins Miss USA, I wouldn’t complain, but she should definitely change her styling and gown…

MICHIGAN
Susie knows how to work the stage. She’s a confident catwalk diva, but she needs to change her hairstyle. It looks as though she is auditioning for Desperate Housewives, and got casted as Susan. For me, her evening gown was nothing special, but I wouldn’t count her out yet. Behind all that hair is a beautiful girl, who could easily win the Miss USA crown.

TOP 5

4TH RUNNER UP: COLORADO (Caley-Rae Pavillard)
Caley literally has one look, but somehow it works for her. I was a bit worried about her prelims performance, but she really delivered. I was impressed with her swimsuit performance, especially with her body, and how calm she strutted her stuff. The overall look worked for her! I’m also in awe with her evening gown performance. Her gown looked a bit disturbing, but she looked majestic! I wouldn’t mind seeing Caley win the crown. She might be a one dimensional Miss USA, but her face is too good to be ignored.

3rd RUNNER UP: MISS 52 (Alexandra Miller)
Erin Brady’s twin sister! Alexandra was a last minute addition to the competition, and even though she had one week to prepare, she really proved why deserved to be on that stage. She was one of the best in the swimsuit segment, since she had the best walk, and presented herself with so much confidence. While I’m not the biggest fan of her face, she has the aura that can take her all the way to the crown. Let’s not forget her evening gown presentation! <3

2nd RUNNER UP: WISCONSIN (Kate Redecker)
From neck up, Kate is the most beautiful woman in Miss USA 2016. I’m in awe with her Hollywood-ish beauty, but somehow I have the feeling she’ll become the Danielle Hooper of this edition. Her body is one of the weakest in terms of proportions, and I think she could’ve added a little bit more sass to her catwalk. She looked amazing in evening gown though. I think the ball gown was an amazing choice for her, and she carried it well. It would be a dream come true to see her in the top 3.

1st RUNNER UP: HAWAII (Chelsea Hardin)
Chelsea is one of my favorites. She has all the qualities of a modern day Miss USA. I love the fact that she doesn’t have to try hard to stand out. Her prelims performance was solid. I loved how calm and relaxed, but sexy, towering and confident she was during the swimsuit segment. I’m not sure whether to love or hate her gown, but she carried it well (she probably change it). It would be interesting to follow her reign as Miss USA (did anyone noticed the tattoo on her right foot?) Btw, her smile is contagious!

ImageImage
MISS USA 2016: VIRGINIA (DESI WILLIAMS)
Desiree has been my favorite since she won Miss Virginia, and I’d be ecstatic if she wins Miss USA. She is an absolute beauty, and was one of the best in the prelims in my opinion. She was very confident, and presented with the right amount of flare, without going over the top. Her body is a bit more masculine than the other girls, but she has come a long way in terms of transformation. Plus, it shows how discipline she is. While her Evening gown was a bit plain, she still managed to stand out amongst a group red riding hoods. Desiree is very smart, and articulate. If ever she gets to the top 5, the title will be hers to lose. I think it’s about time we have a black Miss USA, and I think we have a very strong girl in Desiree. Praying she gets the call!

Thanks to Missusa.com for the pics. Let me know what you guys think. It's after 5am in Cayman, so I'll go get some sleep! :-*

Miss Universe 2021 Top 3

USA
SPAIN
INDIA
Islander1
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 17 May 1994
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Volleyball.

Re: ISLANDER'S CHOICE: MISS USA 2016

Postby *W*U*S* » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:53 pm

I have feeling that Ohio and Michigan will make the cut. Hope they will change their gowns :#)] :#)]
*W*U*S*
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1916
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: ------------
Hobbies/Interests: ------------

Postby AUSTIN III » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:20 pm

Virginia to me is a bit well-rehearsed and pageant patty but other than that, she's super solid. I much more prefer someone of a girl next door type with bright personality. And that's pure personal taste! And I wonder how comes she come unplaced in Miss America because she totally fit the bills of Miss America.
AUSTIN III
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 17 Feb 1992
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Social Relation,Education
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Reading,Singing,Dancing....
Message: I measure my success with how many failures I have been through..

Postby soledad » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:50 pm

Will MUO will break their 'standards' for Louisiana to follow the ongoing buzz and booming success of plus size models? I believe swimsuit is a primary criteria of Miss USA. I would rather choose Georgia for that buzz, body is bulky but sexy and proportion to her height
soledad
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 29 Nov 1988
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: RN
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Being single and an INFP-T

Postby Islander1 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:24 pm

*W*U*S* wrote:I have feeling that Ohio and Michigan will make the cut. Hope they will change their gowns :#)] :#)]

Both Ohio and Michigan gave strong enough performances to place. But they need to change their styling, and gowns.
Miss Universe 2021 Top 3

USA
SPAIN
INDIA
Islander1

Postby Islander1 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:26 pm

AUSTIN III wrote:Virginia to me is a bit well-rehearsed and pageant patty but other than that, she's super solid. I much more prefer someone of a girl next door type with bright personality. And that's pure personal taste! And I wonder how comes she come unplaced in Miss America because she totally fit the bills of Miss America.

It's a mystery why she didn't place in Miss America. But I think her body was more masculine back then.
Miss Universe 2021 Top 3

USA
SPAIN
INDIA
Islander1

Postby Islander1 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:28 pm

soledad wrote:Will MUO will break their 'standards' for Louisiana to follow the ongoing buzz and booming success of plus size models? I believe swimsuit is a primary criteria of Miss USA. I would rather choose Georgia for that buzz, body is bulky but sexy and proportion to her height

I don't know. They might choose Georgia, but who knows? I think Louisiana will get called simply as a "thank you for hosting the last two years".
Miss Universe 2021 Top 3

USA
SPAIN
INDIA
Islander1

Postby Wojtek » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:35 pm

Have you seen Virginia's body? Soo manly... her legs... @-)

Wojtek
TOP MODELS are BEAUTIFUL people.

Real Life Name/Nick: Wojtek
Date of Birth: 02 Jun 1991
Profession: Mr Missosology 2014
Hobbies/Interests: Photography, Music, Movies, Traveling

Postby Islander1 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:57 pm

Wojtek wrote:Have you seen Virginia's body? Soo manly... her legs... @-)

She does have a really masculine body, but she's a Personal Trainer. Besides, it's better to see this than someone with an unhealthy body.
Miss Universe 2021 Top 3

USA
SPAIN
INDIA
Islander1

Postby Wojtek » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:14 pm

Islander1 wrote:

She does have a really masculine body, but she's a Personal Trainer. Besides, it's better to see this than someone with an unhealthy body.

Too masculine for me, I don't like it. Facially she's one of the best, she deserves to be in the top 5 but because of her manly body I don't want her to win.
Wojtek

Real Life Name/Nick: Wojtek
Date of Birth: 02 Jun 1991
Profession: Mr Missosology 2014
Hobbies/Interests: Photography, Music, Movies, Traveling

Postby Islander1 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:39 pm

Wojtek wrote:
Islander1 wrote:

Too masculine for me, I don't like it. Facially she's one of the best, she deserves to be in the top 5 but because of her manly body I don't want her to win.

I see where you're coming from. I think it really depends on judges. If they like her body, she can win. If they don't, she probably wouldn't advance to the top 10.
Miss Universe 2021 Top 3

USA
SPAIN
INDIA
Islander1

Postby Islander1 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:14 am

What a night! I got 6/15, and the 1st runner up correctly! It's a pity so many front runners clapped!

Colorado and Wisconsin, you'll forever be in my heart! :-*

Congrats to the underdog DC! You owned the entire night!
Miss Universe 2021 Top 3

USA
SPAIN
INDIA
Islander1

Postby terese23 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:11 am

Islander1 wrote:
What a night! I got 6/15, and the 1st runner up correctly! It's a pity so many front runners clapped!

I got 2/5 and 1/3.

I did not invest so much time this year but Miss Hawaii is my winner ever since. Looking at Chelsea's runners up in her state pageant. I know there is something about her, how did she manage to defeat those beautiful ladies.

Deshauna is a really the underdog.
terese23

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: student
Hobbies/Interests: dancing

Postby Lafeadamadelaindia » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:03 pm

Islander1 wrote:
Wojtek wrote:
Islander1 wrote:

I see where you're coming from. I think it really depends on judges. If they like her body, she can win. If they don't, she probably wouldn't advance to the top 10.

True. Really depended on the judges. They preferred saggy boobs, a no-curve body shape, and toothpick legs. :%))
Lafeadamadelaindia

Real Life Name/Nick: Betty
Date of Birth: 09 Sep 1989
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: PC
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Hobbies/Interests: PCing

Postby Lafeadamadelaindia » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:05 pm

terese23 wrote:
Islander1 wrote:

I got 2/5 and 1/3.

I did not invest so much time this year but Miss Hawaii is my winner ever since. Looking at Chelsea's runners up in her state pageant. I know there is something about her, how did she manage to defeat those beautiful ladies.

Deshauna is a really the underdog.

Dogs are cute. Please don't insult them by using a metaphor about an ugly alien. [-X
Lafeadamadelaindia

Real Life Name/Nick: Betty
Date of Birth: 09 Sep 1989
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: PC
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Hobbies/Interests: PCing

Return to USA