UNOLOGY: In Search of a GREENER PASTURE...

Forum rules
Welcome to Missosology! RULES: Freedom of speech allowed but 1. NO CROSSING LIMITS AS DIRECT RACIST REMARKS, NUDE OR VIOLENT PICS. 2. NO SPAMMING/FLOODING 3. NO ADVERTISING 4. NO BLACKMAILING/VIOLATING/DIVULGING PRIVACY/personal infos of members as posting their real life pic/real life name without their consent. 5. NO AVENGING/ATTACKING MEMBERS ON THEIR PHYSICAL LOOKS 6. NO REPUTATION BUTTON ABUSE. Any question, feel free to post in the Help Desk section till a Moderator/Admin responds. HAVE FUN!

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Wed May 23, 2012 1:13 am

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Well as they say, the grass is always greener on the other fence.

People use this proverb to say that the things other people have
or their situations always look better than your own,
even when they are not really so.

Oh well, in the truism of life, people can't just have enough.

Just like in world of Beauty Pageants... the saying "try and try until you succeed" may be very similar with that saying above as there had been occassions wherein whatever they gambled for, paid off.

Just like in the recently concluded Miss Universe Canada.

Sahar Biniaz tried it again and succeeded.

Well, she can be able to put it to a test later this year if the fence is indeed greener at Miss Universe than of her previous stint from Miss Tourism Queen International in 2008, as there were also situations wherein on their quest for a greener pasture, they ended up losing their journey.

On the 5th issue of UNOLOGY, I will be listing down my OWN FAVORITE beauty queens who aspire bigger and bolder and managed to conquer their fears as they risk their fate in their quest for a GREENER PASTURE.

Stella Marquez de Araneta was part of those who pioneered the early batch of beauty queens who bravely took a second try and made herself available in the history of pageantry as the first Miss International winner. Though yes, the first successful crossover was Carmen Susana Duijm Zubillaga of Venezuela who was a semifinalist at the 1955 Miss Universe and eventually won Miss World on that same year.

People may rant again as NOT being original but I believe that in my own notebook, this topic has to exist.

Crowned but NOT destined to be the WINNER

In 1999 and 2009, both South African beauties Sonia Raciti and Tatum Keshwar first represented their country at Miss Universe and placed (Sonia in the Top 5 and Tatum in the Top 10).

And having the same fate I guess, both again represented South Africa at Miss World and again BOTH won 2nd runner up.

Sonia possessed a very classy beauty. While watching the 1999 Miss Universe telecast, I remember myself saying that I can see Cherie Gil (a known Filipina award-winning actress) in her.

She was one of my favorite and finishing top 5 that year made me think that beautywise, she deserves the spot that was given to Mpule in the top 3.

The time she was crowned 2nd Princess in her hope for a greener pasture at Miss World 1999, made me realized that she is not destined to be crowned at all but that doesn't take the fact that she is one of the most beautiful and deserving Miss South African winner to date.

And after 10 years, a history I guess proved to repeat itself.

Tatum was indeed one of the early favorite to win the crown in the 2009 Miss Universe. She came very prepared and strong but her journey ended as she failed to make the cut in the top 5. Seriously, I was hoping that both Tatum or Chloe (Miss France) would make the cut instead of Puerto Rico's Mayra Matos.

Tatum's 2nd try in the international arena paid off as she placed among the top 12 at the Miss World Top Model fast-track event and became one of the Top 3 finalists during Miss World 2009 held on December 12, 2009 in Johannesburg, South Africa.

Out of seven delegates who competed at both Miss Universe 2009 and Miss World 2009, only Tatum and Miss France Chloé Mortaud made the finals in both pageants.

She could have been a better Miss World instead of Gibraltar!

Another big favorite of mine is the goddess Yanina Gonzales.

It was a tough competition indeed as she battle head to head with the other goddesses Shandi and Jennifer Hawkins and winning 3rd runner up in Miss Universe 2004 is such an achievement.

But that placement never hindered her to try once more.
In her quest to give a crown for her country, Yanina gave Paraguay the Miss Fire crown.

Another favourite of mine who tried her luck in her quest for the crown and title is the goddess Jessica Barboza of Venezuela.

She first joined Miss Earth Venezuela in 2009 where she won the title and represented her country at Miss Earth 2009 where she placed 2nd runner up (Miss Water).

Maybe yes, the Miss Earth Water may seem not enough for Barboza as she competed in 2010 as Miss Distrito Capital in her country's national beauty pageant, Miss Venezuela, obtaining the title of Miss Venezuela International on October 28, 2010.

During the Miss International 2011 finals night,
Jessica was announced as the FIRST RUNNER-UP.
Yes, another crown but she ended up not winning the title again.

NOT DESTINED to be the WINNER

They almost have it, but on their second try, they lost it.

What could have gone wrong?
Or simply they are NOT really destined to be a title holder.

Let's begin with the gorgeous Indian beauty who made South Africa heard all over the Universe.

Kerishnie Naiker entered the Miss South Africa pageant with the intention of bringing the ethnicity of the large Indian population in South Africa to the public eye. Being the only successful Indian in this competition continues to remain significant for the Indian population in South Africa.

She was the first Miss South Africa in 14 years who chose to compete in the Miss Universe pageant (due to apartheid) and thus became the first Miss Sount Africa to participate in both international pageants thereby setting the trend for her successors.

She placed 7th at the 1998 Miss Universe and finished 4th on her next try at the 1998 Miss World.

In the case of one of my another favorite South African beauty, who uttered one of the best answer in the beauty pageant history:
"You don't have to be phenomenal to do phenomenal things.", it was a rather not so successful story as compared to Kerishnie.

Cindy Nell proved her detractors wrong after placing 2nd runner up from Miss Universe 2003 and managed to represent her country again in that same year at Miss World as she gave South Africa's second highest placement in Miss Universe after Margaret Gardiner won in 1978.

Unfortunately, Cindy was surprisingly left out of the semi-finals at the Miss World pageant in a year in which 20 contestants advanced.
What went wrong?

Miss World may not be with Cindy's fate but for Miss Aruba 2001 Zizi Lee, it gave her an opportunity to shine.

But, her 1st runner up placement was shattered into pieces as her search for a greener pasture was ended in the 2004 Miss Universe edition.

That same fate was shared by other four beauties whom in their first international try, they all placed as runner up in Miss World but was unlucky to place in Miss Universe.

In 1990, Miss Ireland Siobhan McClafferty placed 2nd to Miss USA at Miss World but she rank 17th during her Miss Universe stint.

She even won Miss Photogenic in 1991.

ImageImage

In 1995, Michelle Khan became Trinidad and Tobago's first representative to cop the Queen of the Caribbean title at Miss World where she finished 3rd overall.

After one year, she tried and checked if the grass are greener in the Miss Universe fence in 1996 but unfortunately she only ranked 12th and end up missing the top 10.

Ingrid Rivera gave her island's second best placement in Miss World - a third place finish in 2005.

But on her try at Miss Universe in 2008, she gave Puerto Rico a back to back (2007-2008) non placement after Zuleyka's big win in 2006.

Ladyluck might not be on her side!

The same fate happened to Gabrielle Walcott.

She was unstoppable during her Miss World stint in 2008 after winning titles like:

*Miss World Caribbean 2008 for getting the highest placement of the Caribbean delegates
*Miss World Beauty With A Purpose 2008 for working with the Just Because Foundation dedicated to create hospitable conditions for children with cancer and helping raise $100,000 in charity for the creation of a new ward for these children
*3rd runner up in the Miss World Beach Beauty competition
*3rd runner up in the Miss World Top Model competition
*Placed in the top 19 in the Miss World Talent competition
*Finalist in Miss World Sports
*Top 3 three finalist for the Best World Dress Designer Award

Nice resume, indeed...

but Gabrielle's journey ended losing it's way in the universe in 2011.

Indeed DESTINED to be the WINNER & CROWNED

Both ladies maybe ousted at Miss World, but the Universe welcomed them with arms wide open.

Holland's Angela Visser competed in Miss World 1988, where she failed to place in the semi-finals. Six months later, she wowed the universe as she received the crown of Miss Universe in 1989.

Mpule Kwelagobe, from Botswana, failed to make the semi-finals of Miss World 1997, but grabbed the Miss Universe crown two years later.
She was the first Miss Universe Botswana and the first Miss Botswana to participate in the Miss Universe pageant.

On the other hand, one lucky girl made it to the top 5 of Miss World on her first try and ended up winning the one and only Miss Universe crown for her country on her second try.

She is none other than Michelle McLean.

Before she became Miss Universe, she represented Namibia first in Miss World 1991.

In the preliminary competition she was tied in second place with a score of 51 along with Miss South Africa, behind the eventual winner, Venezuela's Ninibeth Leal. She eventually finished in the top 5.

In her search for a greener pasture, in 1992, she again represented her country at Miss Universe pageant where she finished second in the preliminary with a score of 9.147, right behind Carolina Izsak of Venezuela, who won all three preliminary competitions.

Nonetheless, her warmth and love for children helped clinch the crown over Izsak, Paola Turbay of Colombia, and Madhushri Sapre of India.

She might have crossed the other fence after her Miss World stint and won Miss Universe, but that doesn't affect her good relationship with Miss World at all. In fact, in 2009 Michelle co-hosted the Miss World pageant held in South Africa.

Who would forget the beautiful Miss Panama Universe Lía Victoria Borrero González in 1997?

She was a Top 6 finalist, the highest placement ever by a Panamanian at the time (a record that would not be surpassed until 2002).

Later in 1998, she was invited to participate in the Miss International beauty pageant, which is annually held in Japan.

On September 26, 1998, she became the first ever Panamanian to win a major international pageant, overcoming other strong delegates such as Venezuela and Colombia.

Nice Job indeed!

One of my favorite Miss World winner is my black goddess Agbani Darego.

As a known fact, Agbani achieved greater success when she won Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria in 2001.

Contrary to popular belief, Darego did not replace Valerie Peterside after the latter was dethroned - Peterside had won Miss Nigeria.

She represented Nigeria in Miss Universe 2001 held in Puerto Rico and placed among the top 10 semi-finalists, finishing seventh.

She was the only black semi-finalist that year - and the only finalist to wear a maillot as opposed to the more popular bikini.

In November 2001, Agabani represented her native land and indeed proved that the grass is greener at this side of the fence as she was crowned Miss World, becoming the first native Sub-Saharan African to claim the title (Although past winners, such as Penelope Coelen and Anneline Kriel, are South African, which is part of the Sub-Sahara, they are of European decsent, and Antigone Costanda, who represented Egypt in 1954 is of Greek heritage).

Daina Prince is the first and only Miss Earth winner from Honduras.
But five years before she was crowned, 1998, she first won the Miss Honduras pageant and went to compete as her country's representative in the Miss Universe 1998 pageant. She was unplaced.

Also in 1998, she joined the Top Model of the World contest where she became a finalist and a recipient of the Best in National Costume award.
She competed and won the Pacific International Queen 1998 too and then went on to win Miss América Latina 2000 in November 1999 as well.

Her quest for a greener pasture continues in 2003 where she was chosen to represent Honduras in the third edition of the international Miss Earth pageant.

At the conclusion of the competition, she was crowned as Miss Earth, the third winner in the history of the competition.
Her triumph in Miss Earth 2003 made her as the first-ever Honduran to win a major international beauty title.

Mexico's first representative to win that title of Miss International is no other than my ultimate Mexican goddess Priscila Perales.

But prior to her success, in 2004, she participated in her state's pageant and placed first runner-up. She competed for the state title again the following year and win the title, becoming her state's representative at the Nuestra Belleza México 2005 pageant held September 2, 2005 in the state of Aguascalientes.

In the national competition, finally she subsequently won the Nuestra Belleza México title and was sent to represent Mexico to the 2006 Miss Universe in their hope of giving her country it's 2nd Miss Universe crown.

She came very popular and strong as she represented her country in Miss Universe where she ended up placing ONLY in the top 10.

Too bad as I was really cheering for her and Miss Colombia. In my opinion, she deserved a top 5 placement and not Tara Conner. But both USA and Paraguay's Lourdes Arévalos stole the stage that night and ousted both my Priscila and Valerie.

But fate has his own way of correcting once path.
She might have been depreived not to wear the Mikimoto crown but in 2007, after the Nuestra Belleza Mexico organization reobtained the franchise for Miss International, she was chosen to be the country's representative in that pageant, held in Tokyo, Japan.

In the end, Miss International 2006, Daniela Di Giacomo of Venezuela crowned her as successor as the new Miss International.

At the age of nineteen, Anagabriela Espinoza competed against thirty-three other contestants in the 2007 national Nuestra Belleza Mexico contest held in Manzanillo, Colima on October 5, 2007.

She obtained second place and the right to compete in the 58th international Miss World pageant held in Johannesburg, South Africa.

She won the Miss World Beach Beauty fast track event and award, which automatically gave her a semifinal spot in the 2008 Miss World competition, held December 13, 2008.

A year later, Anagabriela Espinoza was chosen to represent Mexico in Miss International 2009.

She became the second Mexican delegate to win that title, just two years after Priscila Perales' victory in 2007.

HONORARY MEMBERS

This last part of my thread is dedicated to those other favorite beauties of mine who NEVER gave up in their quest of a greener pasture.
I know you have your own list too but as for me, these ladies really stood tall and gave their very best during their individual fight for the crown.

In the Philippines, I have these queens as an honorary member:

*Karla Henry - she might have been snubbed at Binibining Pilipinas 2008 but in the end she gave Asia and the Philippines it's very first Miss Earth crown.

*Sandra Seifert - another victim of BPCI and was not even given a chance to compete at Binibining Pilipinas 2009, still she managed to give an almost back to back win for the Philippines at Miss Earth after finishing 2nd.

*Venus Raj - after her top 5 placement at Miss Philippines Earth, Venus joined Binibining Pilipinas in 2010 and gave the Philippines a major major placement at Miss Universe 2010 by ending its 10 year-drought and placing 4th runner up.

*Gwnedoline Ruais - ladyluck might not be on her side during her Binibining Pilipinas stint, but in her quest for a greener pasture, Miss World Philippines embraced her with open arms and eventually gave the Philippines it's 2nd Miss World 1st runner up placement after Evanegline Pascualin 1973.

I would also like to commend another Filipina, Carlene Aguilar.

I guess, she is the only Filipina who joined the 2 of the biggest local Philippine pageant and went very successful and victorious.

In 2001, she won the crown and the title as the very first Miss Philippines Earth. She then competed at the very first Miss Earth and made it as a semifinalist.

After 4 years, she risked it again and joined the then rival of Miss Philippines Earth, -Binibining Pilipinas. Again she won a crown and was sent to represent the Philippines in the 2005 Miss World.

It was a known fact that Carlene was the "ONE to BEAT" on that year. Even all the betting polls/agencies that year agreed that she is really the one.

She ended her journey only as a semi-finalist after losing it from Miss Korea.

What about my Alyssa Campanella?

She competed in the Miss New Jersey USA pageant twice, placing first runner-up in 2008 and in the top fifteen in 2009.

She might have seen that in California, it has a greener grass as compared to her native state New Jersey to where she gave honor during her Miss Teen USA stint wherein she won as a runner up.

ImageImage

On November 21, 2010, she competed in the Miss California USA pageant
and won the title.

She also managed to place in Miss Universe 2011 pageant held in São Paulo, Brazil, where she finished in the top 16 proving that she don't have the same fate Rima had a year back.

I am certain that most of us do have our very own list of our favorite beauty queens who were brave enough to give it another try.

In many years to come, we will still witness other beauty queens who will challenge their fates.
Remember, both Ada Aimee and Yendi Philips almost made it in 2009 and 2010 respectively.

We should also remember that:

Psalm 23 in The Bible has the line: He maketh me to lie down in green pastures;
The famous poet John Milton has a line: Tomorrow to fresh woods and pastures new.

In the end, we all aspire for high hopes be it we win it or lose it, and what matter is the fact that we gave it a shot instead of us living a life full of "WHAT IFS".

How about you? Who are your favorite queens who was tagged as "crossover beauties"?

[b]
UNOLOGY previous posts:

SEASON 1 - UNOLOGY

UNOLOGY Season 1 previous posts:
1st Issue:
UNOLOGY: CAMPFIRE'S BURNING -Philippine's Beauty Queenmakers
http://host.missosology.info/~missyorg/ ... 1&t=133638
2nd Issue:
UNOLOGY: Pageant CROWNING's INTERESTING FACTS
http://missosology.info/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=134213
3rd Issue:
UNOLOGY: The MOST UNFORGETTABLE "ALMOST" Winners
posting.php?mode=edit&f=1&p=2682079
4th Issue:
UNOLOGY: There is SOMETHING about the EVENING GOWN
http://missosology.info/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=135122
5th Issue:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=136211
6th Issue:
UNOLOGY: The SEVENTEEN ONE HIT WONDERS OF THE UNIVERSE
http://missosology.info/forum/viewtopic ... 3&t=136622
7th Issue:
UNOLOGY: MY TAKE ON MISS PHILIPPINES EARTH 2012 FINALS
http://missosology.info/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=136739
8th Issue:
UNOLOGY: The LUSTER of the CROWN & the PRICE of FAME
http://missosology.info/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=136764
9th Issue:
UNOLOGY: IMPERFECTION GUARANTEED (Beauties Under the KNIFE)
http://missosology.info/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=137269
10th Issue:
UNOLOGY: The RISE and FALL of ASIA
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=137994
11th Issue:
UNOLOGY: ISN'T IT IRONIC?
http://missosology.info/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=138422
12th issue:
UNOLOGY: One Word - EPIC!
http://ns1.missosology.info/forum/viewt ... 1&t=138825
13th Issue:
UNOLOGY: The QUEENLY and RICH (Miss World Philippines 2012)
http://missosology.info/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=139151

UNOLOGY Season 2 previous posts:
14th Issue:
UNOLOGY Season 2: TEAM Philippines 2012
http://missosology.info/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=139987

15th Issue
UNOLOGY Season 2: OASIS of the Desert
http://missosology.info/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=140333

Last edited by UNO - God of Beauty on Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:05 am, edited 35 times in total.

UNO - God of Beauty
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: Uno
Date of Birth: 13 Jun 1984
Profession: Airline Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hobbies/Interests: surfin, travelin

Re: UNOLOGY: In Search of a Greener Pasture

Postby chenouzhi » Wed May 23, 2012 1:31 am

:7 :7 :7 :7 :7

wow... you are really giving us great topics with great reviews...

You are really the God of Asia, Uno... :7 :7 :7 :7 :7

best thread maker indeed... :=p
chenouzhi
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Real Life Name/Nick: Jigz
Date of Birth: 01 Sep 1991
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Teacher, Writer
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Goat
Hobbies/Interests: Writing and reading novels, poems

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Wed May 23, 2012 1:34 am

chenouzhi wrote::7 :7 :7 :7 :7

Thanks Chen. Thank you for always giving me kind words.

You too had given us quality threads worth reading adn we all appreciate your efforts as we all know that making such threads are indeed very laborious.

>:D<

Thanks again!

UNO - God of Beauty

Postby chenouzhi » Wed May 23, 2012 1:36 am

UNO - God of Asia wrote:
chenouzhi wrote::7 :7 :7 :7 :7

Thanks Chen. Thank you for always giving me kind words.

You too had given us quality threads worth reading adn we all appreciate your efforts as we all know that making such threads are indeed very laborious.

>:D<

Thanks again!

:"> :"> :"> :"> :"> >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<
Thanks Uno...
chenouzhi
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Real Life Name/Nick: Jigz
Date of Birth: 01 Sep 1991
Profession: Teacher, Writer
Chinese Zodiac: Goat
Hobbies/Interests: Writing and reading novels, poems

Re: UNOLOGY: In Search of a GREENER PASTURE...

Postby Jaishee » Wed May 23, 2012 2:07 am

I had a great time reading!
And it's amazing that I learned so much information of pageantry in the past.

Another great thread from UNO!

TEAM PHILIPPINES 2024
UNIVERSE: -
WORLD: GWEN FOURNIOL
EARTH: -
INTERNATIONAL: ANGELICA LOPEZ
SUPRANATIONAL: ALETHEA AMBROSIO
Jaishee
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: Jaishee
Date of Birth: 08 Mar 1998
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Physiotherapy Graduate
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Postby RainBernardi » Wed May 23, 2012 2:24 am

very nice thread.
make me linger on what ifs, like if quiambao was send to MW, or if Tere was sent to other pageants...and so...
RainBernardi
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: rain
Date of Birth: 08 Sep 1981
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: IT
Chinese Zodiac: Rooster
Hobbies/Interests: miss universe

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Wed May 23, 2012 2:29 am

Jayson wrote:

I had a great time reading!
And it's amazing that I learned so much information of pageantry in the past.

Another great thread from UNO!

Thanks a lot... Thoush some TS might have posted almost the same thread, still, I guess it is also nice to have atleast a refresher's course for younger and newer members of Misso who might have failed to read older posts here.

:hx

UNO - God of Beauty

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Wed May 23, 2012 2:34 am

rainiel wrote:very nice thread.
make me linger on what ifs, like if quiambao was send to MW, or if Tere was sent to other pageants...and so...

I agree... but during Tere's time, Magie was so young to compete for Miss Universe.

Part of my what if list are:

Marie Ann Umali representing Philippines at the Miss Universe
Krista Kleiner for Miss World
Sandra Seifert also for Miss Universe
Anjanette Abayari in 1991 for Miss Universe
Noela Evangelista for Miss Universe
Carlene Aguilar for Miss Universe

UNO - God of Beauty

Postby kyowa » Wed May 23, 2012 2:43 am

Daming problema sa buhay pero makabasa ka ng gan2 mawawala iyon lahat!

simpleng kaligayahan...
kyowa
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: kyowamo
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1981
Profession: Chemist
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Internet Browsing

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Wed May 23, 2012 3:13 am

kyowa wrote:Daming problema sa buhay pero makabasa ka ng gan2 mawawala iyon lahat!

simpleng kaligayahan...

:hx :hx :hx

Thanks! It was nice knowing that my thread made you happy! >:D< :">

UNO - God of Beauty

Postby RainBernardi » Wed May 23, 2012 3:24 am

UNO - God of Asia wrote:
rainiel wrote:very nice thread.

I agree... but during Tere's time, Magie was so young to compete for Miss Universe.

Part of my what if list are:

Marie Ann Umali representing Philippines at the Miss Universe
Krista Kleiner for Miss World
Sandra Seifert also for Miss Universe
Anjanette Abayari in 1991 for Miss Universe
Noela Evangelista for Miss Universe
Carlene Aguilar for Miss Universe

Really true. mga 'sana, sana, sana'.
RainBernardi

Real Life Name/Nick: rain
Date of Birth: 08 Sep 1981
Profession: IT
Chinese Zodiac: Rooster
Hobbies/Interests: miss universe

Postby Banned Bunny » Wed May 23, 2012 3:31 am

hi UNO my friend..I always read your thread..but this is my first time to post to your superhaba thread..but its worth reading this thread..ILOVEU :-* :-* :-* my friend :"> :"> :"> :">

Banned Bunny
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Mey galis Yan!!
Date of Birth: 04 Apr 2020
Profession: beautyqueen
Hobbies/Interests: murder walking
Message: maraming salmat mga kabaklaan! mhal n mhal ko.kayo!

Postby toothandnail » Wed May 23, 2012 4:14 am

THANKS FOR MAKING AN EFFORT DOING THIS THREAD,I HAD FUN READING IT :=p :=p :=p :=p :=p
toothandnail

Real Life Name/Nick: Proud Earthling
Date of Birth: 26 Sep 1988
Profession: embalmer
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: watch reality shows , mixed martial arts

Postby quelab22 » Wed May 23, 2012 5:20 am

For jessica barboza until now i always believe that if it is not with her the so called a brief message she could placed higher or even give the second ME crown for Venezuela
enjoy and have fun
quelab22
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Quela Andrea... (queng)
Date of Birth: 22 Oct 1993
Profession: escort... of my father
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Hobbies/Interests: watching fairytales

Postby blue_black_2010 » Wed May 23, 2012 6:02 am

Great read!!! :=p :=p :=p

[youtube]aeeU6Nr2des[/youtube]

*** TEAM AUSSIE 2016 ***
blue_black_2010

Real Life Name/Nick: MIKE
Date of Birth: 25 Dec 1980
Profession: Clinical Consultant
Hobbies/Interests: Biking, Beauty Pageants

Postby Qarlo » Wed May 23, 2012 6:17 am

and yet another good read here from you. I also observed that on most of the girls on your list, they might as well have won crowns in their first attempts as they were already at their best on their first pageant
(click image)
Qarlo
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 06 Aug 1980
Profession: pet groomer
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: cats & dogs
Message: The foundations of freedom are edged on solid ground.

Postby leanne_paula » Wed May 23, 2012 6:48 am

blue_black_2010 wrote:

BRAVO UNO - Certified Pageant Expert!

TEAM PHILIPPINES 2013

leanne_paula
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: Cheche Lazaro
Date of Birth: 07 Jun 1982
Profession: Data Encoder
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing / Pageant Hosting and Watching Pageants
Message: Thank you for the opportunity to be with any pageants in the world and thank you for this site.

Postby Gabe928 » Wed May 23, 2012 7:01 am

as usual and as expected, a great thread from the UNO and only!

I just wondered, at least in the Philippines, we have a lot of beautiful women so we do not need to send them again and again. (Well some were sent to minor pageants and "recycled" in a major one.) Which Filipina beauty was/is worth recycling?
Life is what we make it!
Gabe928

Real Life Name/Nick: Carlos Castro
Date of Birth: 29 Nov 1976
Profession: Travel Manager
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: books, movies, blogs, series, travelling

Postby blu11 » Wed May 23, 2012 8:25 am

ANG HUSAY!!!

Thank you very much UNO!!! You never fail to come up with an article that is always interesting and a great read... BRAVO!!!
blu11

Date of Birth: 22 Sep 1977
Profession: employee
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: movies

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Wed May 23, 2012 9:48 am

Gabe928 wrote:as usual and as expected, a great thread from the UNO and only!

I just wondered, at least in the Philippines, we have a lot of beautiful women so we do not need to send them again and again. (Well some were sent to minor pageants and "recycled" in a major one.) Which Filipina beauty was/is worth recycling?

I agree. We never recycled any beauty queen unless she wass ent to a minor pageant only.

I would also like to commend another Filipina, Carlene Aguilar.
I guess, she is the only Filipina who joined the local Philippine pageant that went very successful.

In 2001, she won the crown and the title as the very first Miss Philippines Earth. She then competed at the very first Miss Earth made it as a semifinalist.

After 4 years, she risked it again and joined the then rival of Miss Philippines Earth, -Binibining Pilipinas. Again she won a crown and was sent to represent the Philippines in the 205 Miss World.

It was a known fact that Carlene was the "ONE to BEAT" on that year. Even all the betting polls/agencies that year agreed that she is really the one.

She ended her journey only as a semi-finalist after losing it from Miss Korea.

UNO - God of Beauty

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Wed May 23, 2012 9:56 am

aishiteru wrote:hi UNO my friend..I always read your thread..but this is my first time to post to your superhaba thread..but its worth reading this thread..ILOVEU :-* :-* :-* my friend :"> :"> :"> :">

Thanks you! Is it too long? Well, I see to it that I dont do a halfbaked thread as I wanna see to it that all my threads are meaty enough to satisfy the cravings of our dearest Misso readers. >:D<
Thanks again!
Last edited by UNO - God of Beauty on Wed May 23, 2012 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

UNO - God of Beauty

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Wed May 23, 2012 9:57 am

toothandnail wrote:THANKS FOR MAKING AN EFFORT DOING THIS THREAD,I HAD FUN READING IT :=p :=p :=p :=p :=p

Thanks you and Im glad you had fun reading it toothandnail! :hx

Last edited by UNO - God of Beauty on Wed May 23, 2012 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

UNO - God of Beauty

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Wed May 23, 2012 9:59 am

quelab22 wrote:For jessica barboza until now i always believe that if it is not with her the so called a brief message she could placed higher or even give the second ME crown for Venezuela

I really thought it would be a head to head between Sandra and Jessica that year, but Larissa stole the crown from them after answering that Brazil is the lungs of the world, which as for me sounds very original and the metaphor she used worked on her benifit bigtime. :hx

UNO - God of Beauty

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Wed May 23, 2012 10:02 am

leanne_paula wrote:
blue_black_2010 wrote:

BRAVO UNO - Certified Pageant Expert!

Thank you for this Seal of Excellence! :hx :hx :hx
It is always very inspiring especially because of you guys who never fail to appreciate my work. >:D< >:D< >:D<

UNO - God of Beauty

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Wed May 23, 2012 10:08 am

Qarlo wrote:and yet another good read here from you. I also observed that on most of the girls on your list, they might as well have won crowns in their first attempts as they were already at their best on their first pageant

I agree on that... Especially in the case of Alyssa Campanella during her Miss New Jersey stints.
After winning first runner up representing their state at Miss Teen USA in 2007, she could have been a better representative for Miss USA, but New Jersey never gave that opportunity for her even on her 2nd try.

Well, her drive to represent USA never stop as she went very victorious after moving to California.

Also for Priscila Perales, whom I believe was the face of Miss Universe 2006. I really thought she had it in the bag but unfortunately fate has other plan on her.

Well, being the 1st Mexican Miss International gave her the opportunity to be listed in the history of Mexico anyway. >=p >=p >=p

UNO - God of Beauty

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Wed May 23, 2012 10:13 am

blu11 wrote:ANG HUSAY!!!

Thank you very much UNO!!! You never fail to come up with an article that is always interesting and a great read... BRAVO!!!

Thank you sooo much blu11.
As I promised before, I will always be at your service in bringing up some articles here that are worth reading.

I am happy that many of the Pageant Apprentices like Chenouzi and terese23, and other TS here like Shaymin and bjoern28, also never fail to amaze us with their wonderful threads.

UNO - God of Beauty

Postby Legendary Shaymin » Wed May 23, 2012 10:16 am

Kuya Uno, you're indeed a Pageant Expert. Hands down. You are destined to be in Pageantry. :7
Legendary Shaymin

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Wed May 23, 2012 10:45 am

Shaymin wrote:
Kuya Uno, you're indeed a Pageant Expert. Hands down. You are destined to be in Pageantry. :7

Thank you sooo much Shaymin...
You also deserve those same kind words as you had been someone here who had been striving very hard in giving the Misso readers such threads that worth reading. :hx

>:D< >:D< >:D<

UNO - God of Beauty

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Wed May 23, 2012 10:46 am

blue_black_2010 wrote:

Maraming Salamat po! :hx :hx :hx

UNO - God of Beauty

Postby Teacher Inn » Wed May 23, 2012 12:26 pm

P-E-R-F-E-C-T !!!

THERE IS NO CURE FOR INSECURITY!
Teacher Inn
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.

Date of Birth: 21 May 1991
Profession: Student
Hobbies/Interests: Sleeping

Next

Return to GENERAL