MISS USA 2020 // MISSISSIPPI IS MISS USA 2020 // MAJOR NEWS

Re: ROAD TO MISS USA 2020 // WHO'S YOUR EARLY TOP 15?

Postby Jaishee » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:43 am

Queen of the Clouds wrote:
bootsguy wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
The Duchess wrote:

t's very possible Miss USA 2020 will be canceled because of the pandemic, but it looks like the MUO is still planning to hold Miss Universe 2020 as of right now. So the rumor is that Alejandra Gonzalez (1RU 2019) will be appointed by the MUO as Miss USA 2020 to compete at Miss Universe 2020, while the state titleholders for 2020 will compete at Miss USA 2021. The MUO is telling other countries they may just appoint a runner-up for 2020 instead of holding an entire national competition.

If someone like Florida who's 28 years old wins, will she be qualified for Miss Universe 2021 then being 29 years old?

TEAM PHILIPPINES 2024
UNIVERSE: -
WORLD: GWEN FOURNIOL
EARTH: -
INTERNATIONAL: ANGELICA LOPEZ
SUPRANATIONAL: ALETHEA AMBROSIO
Jaishee
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: Jaishee
Date of Birth: 08 Mar 1998
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Physiotherapy Graduate
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Postby itsrowdy801 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:51 am

Jaishee wrote:
bootsguy wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
The Duchess wrote:

t's very possible Miss USA 2020 will be canceled because of the pandemic, but it looks like the MUO is still planning to hold Miss Universe 2020 as of right now. So the rumor is that Alejandra Gonzalez (1RU 2019) will be appointed by the MUO as Miss USA 2020 to compete at Miss Universe 2020, while the state titleholders for 2020 will compete at Miss USA 2021. The MUO is telling other countries they may just appoint a runner-up for 2020 instead of holding an entire national competition.

If someone like Florida who's 28 years old wins, will she be qualified for Miss Universe 2021 then being 29 years old?

Certainly MUO would be flexible with ages given the circumstances. She's already won her state title, who cares if she's 29 next year?
itsrowdy801
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Rowdy
Date of Birth: 21 Aug 1994
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Customer Service @ Travel Startup
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants, Comedy, Politics

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:28 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:
Jaishee wrote:
bootsguy wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
The Duchess wrote:

Certainly MUO would be flexible with ages given the circumstances. She's already won her state title, who cares if she's 29 next year?

Yeah I'm assuming that if they make the class of 2020 into the class of 2021 they would increase the age limit temporarily to accommodate all the girls who are getting screwed over.
Queen of the Clouds
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 18 Mar 1996
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Lawyer
Hobbies/Interests: Fashion, music, film, politics, and parties

Postby itsrowdy801 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:07 pm

I keep noticing that the girls still have deadlines to submit their hometown videos and paperwork and the like, this is making me doubt that they're currently planning to postpone to next year, of course they could change their mind but if that's their plan right now why bother setting deadlines?
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:32 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:I keep noticing that the girls still have deadlines to submit their hometown videos and paperwork and the like, this is making me doubt that they're currently planning to postpone to next year, of course they could change their mind but if that's their plan right now why bother setting deadlines?

I assume the deadlines were set before corona hit. This has only been ongoing for about a month and a half in the US.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby The Duchess » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:02 am

I read girls already know their roommates so I think that IMG/MUO are going ahead as planned with a Plan B sitting in the back in case they need it, I also htink this is what most countries are doing.
The Duchess
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 01 Sep 1995
Profession: Costume Design
Hobbies/Interests: Arts, Music, Literature

Postby itsrowdy801 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:20 am

The Duchess wrote:I read girls already know their roommates so I think that IMG/MUO are going ahead as planned with a Plan B sitting in the back in case they need it, I also htink this is what most countries are doing.

That's what I'm thinking too. Most girls do know their roommates (some don't) and their deadlines for their paperwork was a few weeks ago, the deadlines for their hometown videos is about now.

I don't think the fact that Panama appointed a runner-up to Miss Universe 2020 is at all a sign that most countries will follow suit. Panama is a small country that isn't usually much of a powerhouse at Miss Universe. If things are still really grim at the end of July or so with no end in sight, I might be more open to moving on to Plan B. But it's early.
itsrowdy801

Postby The Duchess » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:06 am

Well, Endeavor and IMG credit ratings keep taking a nosedive and now they are at CCC+ which is an awful rating. It seems MUO is going to have awful problems this year...
The Duchess

Postby itsrowdy801 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:43 am

taleyblue wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
taleyblue wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
taleyblue wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
taleyblue wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
taleyblue wrote:
New York was miss earth usa2017!!she got it!!she is strong one but lacks facial beauty!

girl....did you just say NEW YORK lacks facial beauty? You're clearly wrong

Who r u? Im God of beauty! >:)She can go far as 1st runner up but a winner is a nooo! she's kind the same level as 1st runner up of Olivia Culpo..

I like Andreia more than Nana, but that's a matter of opinion. It's a matter of fact that Andreia is drop-dead gorgeous. She has one of the most stunning faces I've ever seen.
ok but i can't stand your taste in beauty! miss USA nowadays not focus much on beauty so she might has the chance to win!but in miss universe she will be just like the past ordinary miss usa!no more than top10!! Olivia Jordan go far to the top5 because she is gorgeous high calibre beauty!the last deserved one to make top5 was Sarah Rose summer!but she didn't make it because her attitude that she talked about miss Vietnam!if New York win MUSA she will be the weakest miss usa!for my taste she will clap hard in Miss Universe!sorry im honest person!

1) I know Miss USA isn't just about beauty nor should it be, and never claimed it was. It's still insane to call Andreia "facially weak"

2) New York isn't even my favorite, as you can see I have three others ahead of her right now.

3) Olivia didn't just get to top 5 for her beauty, she was and still is the total package

4) IMO Sarah didn't at all deserve Top 5, Vietnam/Cambodia incident aside. All of the 2018 Miss Universe Top 5 finalists were miles ahead of her. And I love Cheslie and think she's a great Miss USA.

5) Andreia would not clap at Miss Universe, and she would not be the weakest Miss USA - not even close.
for Sarah rose i means she has the face to make the top5 or the winner!!she was the front runner no1 to win Miss Universe 2018 not only Catriona!if Olivia has a face as of 2016 2017 2019 she will not make it far!! facial beauty is still very important to make the top5 or a winner!last year girl did not deserved to make a top10!! [-X New York will not win MUSA!!sorry Noooo! beauty pageant or model isn't for every girl who has a dream!!yes u can dream but for successful in a big beauty pageant u need a high quality!Many pinoys fans from Miss earth are rooting for her to win!i know u r one of them!

I'm not pinoy, I'm a white boy from Utah, and I don't follow Miss Earth closely, I just think New York is gorgeous and a fabulous walker. And, again, New York isn't even one of my top three favorites. But she undeniably has a serious shot of winning, and if she does she'll be a fabulous Miss USA and do serious damage at Miss Universe, and your belief that she lacks facial beauty is a very unpopular opinion.
@3.15 u can see the crowning moment how other girls reaction when she won?[youtube]OhiItaFZ_cQ[/youtube]

I don't think a half-a-second clip is enough to say that her fellow contestants weren't happy for her or is somehow justification for an attack on her character. I'm sure she's a wonderful person, and I've talked with girls who competed alongside her who adore her.
itsrowdy801

Postby taleyblue » Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:31 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:
taleyblue wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
taleyblue wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
taleyblue wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
taleyblue wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
taleyblue wrote:
New York was miss earth usa2017!!she got it!!she is strong one but lacks facial beauty!

girl....did you just say NEW YORK lacks facial beauty? You're clearly wrong

Who r u? Im God of beauty! >:)She can go far as 1st runner up but a winner is a nooo! she's kind the same level as 1st runner up of Olivia Culpo..

I like Andreia more than Nana, but that's a matter of opinion. It's a matter of fact that Andreia is drop-dead gorgeous. She has one of the most stunning faces I've ever seen.
ok but i can't stand your taste in beauty! miss USA nowadays not focus much on beauty so she might has the chance to win!but in miss universe she will be just like the past ordinary miss usa!no more than top10!! Olivia Jordan go far to the top5 because she is gorgeous high calibre beauty!the last deserved one to make top5 was Sarah Rose summer!but she didn't make it because her attitude that she talked about miss Vietnam!if New York win MUSA she will be the weakest miss usa!for my taste she will clap hard in Miss Universe!sorry im honest person!

1) I know Miss USA isn't just about beauty nor should it be, and never claimed it was. It's still insane to call Andreia "facially weak"

2) New York isn't even my favorite, as you can see I have three others ahead of her right now.

3) Olivia didn't just get to top 5 for her beauty, she was and still is the total package

4) IMO Sarah didn't at all deserve Top 5, Vietnam/Cambodia incident aside. All of the 2018 Miss Universe Top 5 finalists were miles ahead of her. And I love Cheslie and think she's a great Miss USA.

5) Andreia would not clap at Miss Universe, and she would not be the weakest Miss USA - not even close.
for Sarah rose i means she has the face to make the top5 or the winner!!she was the front runner no1 to win Miss Universe 2018 not only Catriona!if Olivia has a face as of 2016 2017 2019 she will not make it far!! facial beauty is still very important to make the top5 or a winner!last year girl did not deserved to make a top10!! [-X New York will not win MUSA!!sorry Noooo! beauty pageant or model isn't for every girl who has a dream!!yes u can dream but for successful in a big beauty pageant u need a high quality!Many pinoys fans from Miss earth are rooting for her to win!i know u r one of them!

I'm not pinoy, I'm a white boy from Utah, and I don't follow Miss Earth closely, I just think New York is gorgeous and a fabulous walker. And, again, New York isn't even one of my top three favorites. But she undeniably has a serious shot of winning, and if she does she'll be a fabulous Miss USA and do serious damage at Miss Universe, and your belief that she lacks facial beauty is a very unpopular opinion.
@3.15 u can see the crowning moment how other girls reaction when she won?[youtube]OhiItaFZ_cQ[/youtube]

I don't think a half-a-second clip is enough to say that her fellow contestants weren't happy for her or is somehow justification for an attack on her character. I'm sure she's a wonderful person, and I've talked with girls who competed alongside her who adore her.
i said she lacks of facial beauty to win the crown!i dinn't say that she is not a good person,i placed her in my top5!
taleyblue
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.

Date of Birth: 17 Apr 1981
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: God of beauty!
Hobbies/Interests: Running ,Gym & beauty pageant
Message: Once You Start Believing In Yourself, Magic Starts Happening!

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sun May 10, 2020 12:35 am

As I'm sure most of you have heard, Miss America has been cancelled for this year, even though it's usually held in December which is months away. It's making me think what the outlook is for USA and Universe this year.

I see two big differences in the MUO system vs the MAO that makes America more "cancellable" - they haven't had their state pageant circuit yet while Miss USA has, and there's no subsequent international pageant for Miss America, but I still think it's getting more and more likely that Miss USA and Universe will be postponed to next year as well.

The outlook for the future is very bleak at this point. I'm thinking that they should just postpone both Miss USA and Miss Universe to 2021, extend Zozi's reign and allow her to travel and do the Miss Universe duties once things are better, and give the class of 2020-2021 a real pageant without harsh limitations on their experience.
itsrowdy801

Postby pippo93 » Sun May 10, 2020 1:17 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:As I'm sure most of you have heard, Miss America has been cancelled for this year, even though it's usually held in December which is months away. It's making me think what the outlook is for USA and Universe this year.

I see two big differences in the MUO system vs the MAO that makes America more "cancellable" - they haven't had their state pageant circuit yet while Miss USA has, and there's no subsequent international pageant for Miss America, but I still think it's getting more and more likely that Miss USA and Universe will be postponed to next year as well.

The outlook for the future is very bleak at this point. I'm thinking that they should just postpone both Miss USA and Miss Universe to 2021, extend Zozi's reign and allow her to travel and do the Miss Universe duties once things are better, and give the class of 2020-2021 a real pageant without harsh limitations on their experience.

I HEARD! I THINK THAT AT THIS TIME IS IMPOSSIBILE TO ORGANIZE A PAGEANT IN 2020. WE ARE ALMOST IN MID-MAY AND WITH THE DISASTER MANAGEMENT OF TRUMP I DON"T THINK THAT THE SITUATION IN USA WILL BE BACK SOON TO THE NORMALITY.
IN ADDITION, MISS UNIVERSE IS A WORLDWIDE PAGEANT, WE DON'T KNOW HOW THE SITUATION WILL EVOLVE IN EVERY COUNTRY.
HOW WE COULD IMMAGINE TO PUT THE GIRLS, THE ENTIRE STAFF, AN AUDIENCE OF AT LEAST 2000 PEOPLE IN ONLY ONE PLACE?!
BETTER CANCEL ALL EVENTS FOR 2020 AND WAIT TILL WINTER-SPRING 21
BETTER HAVE A BIGGER AND BETTER EVENT THAN A RUSHED ONE ONLY TO HOLD IT IN 2020
pippo93

Date of Birth: 29 Sep 1993
Profession: Medical Doctor, Resident in Nephrology
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Chinese Zodiac: Rooster
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty Pageants

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sun May 10, 2020 1:43 pm

pippo93 wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:As I'm sure most of you have heard, Miss America has been cancelled for this year, even though it's usually held in December which is months away. It's making me think what the outlook is for USA and Universe this year.

I HEARD! I THINK THAT AT THIS TIME IS IMPOSSIBILE TO ORGANIZE A PAGEANT IN 2020. WE ARE ALMOST IN MID-MAY AND WITH THE DISASTER MANAGEMENT OF TRUMP I DON"T THINK THAT THE SITUATION IN USA WILL BE BACK SOON TO THE NORMALITY.
IN ADDITION, MISS UNIVERSE IS A WORLDWIDE PAGEANT, WE DON'T KNOW HOW THE SITUATION WILL EVOLVE IN EVERY COUNTRY.
HOW WE COULD IMMAGINE TO PUT THE GIRLS, THE ENTIRE STAFF, AN AUDIENCE OF AT LEAST 2000 PEOPLE IN ONLY ONE PLACE?!

Yeah, I don't know how they expect to plan these pageants now. Nobody has any idea what our country or the world will look like in a couple weeks let alone a couple months, so I don't know how we could commit to an event like Miss USA or Miss Universe, even if it becomes small-scale. I used to think appointing Allie as Miss USA 2020 and making the class of 2020 the class of 2021 was the most likely decision, but at this point I just see Miss USA 2020 and Miss Universe 2020 being canceled entirely. The country still does not look good almost halfway through May and a second wave is coming in September. It just doesn't seem feasible unless the entire competition is held online from each contestant's home, but I don't think anybody wants that. We'll see, maybe a second wave won't hit and Miss Universe 2020 will be able to go ahead with Allie as Miss USA 2020, but I doubt it at this point. Governors reopening their states too soon is gonna be detrimental.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sun May 10, 2020 10:35 pm

pippo93 wrote:

Yeah, I don't know how they expect to plan these pageants now. Nobody has any idea what our country or the world will look like in a couple weeks let alone a couple months, so I don't know how we could commit to an event like Miss USA or Miss Universe, even if it becomes small-scale. I used to think appointing Allie as Miss USA 2020 and making the class of 2020 the class of 2021 was the most likely decision, but at this point I just see Miss USA 2020 and Miss Universe 2020 being canceled entirely. The country still does not look good almost halfway through May and a second wave is coming in September. It just doesn't seem feasible unless the entire competition is held online from each contestant's home, but I don't think anybody wants that. We'll see, maybe a second wave won't hit and Miss Universe 2020 will be able to go ahead with Allie as Miss USA 2020, but I doubt it at this point. Governors reopening their states too soon is gonna be detrimental.

My main problem with the "appoint Allie and host Miss Universe this winter" plan is the fact that Zozi deserves a real reign - for the forseeable future, she's going to spend her reign chilling in the apartment and doing an ig live or two. And I'm of the belief she deserves better, so cancel Miss Universe 2020 too and extend her reign to give her more time to travel once things are better. I love Allie as much as the next guy but she had her chance to become Miss USA/go to Universe and she lost fair and square.
itsrowdy801

Postby The Duchess » Sun May 10, 2020 11:14 pm

I personally have clear feelings about what to do with 2020 pageants, simple and clear.

But I have conflicting feelings when it comes to the 2019 Queens, I kinda want to make like a small thread to put my opinion, because its honestly conflicting to me but idk yet if I will
The Duchess

Postby itsrowdy801 » Mon May 11, 2020 12:25 am

FWIW, directors are still setting dates for the 2021 state circuit, I believe with the guideline of January thru April of next year. That may give us a bit of a hint as to what timeframes they are planning, but of course things could change.
itsrowdy801

Postby Jonathan Nguyen » Wed May 13, 2020 10:33 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:
pippo93 wrote:

My main problem with the "appoint Allie and host Miss Universe this winter" plan is the fact that Zozi deserves a real reign - for the forseeable future, she's going to spend her reign chilling in the apartment and doing an ig live or two. And I'm of the belief she deserves better, so cancel Miss Universe 2020 too and extend her reign to give her more time to travel once things are better. I love Allie as much as the next guy but she had her chance to become Miss USA/go to Universe and she lost fair and square.

The idea of cancelling the 2020 Miss Universe pageant to extend Zozi’s reign just doesn’t sound right. It’s not worth it. We all know Miss Universe doesn’t do much during her reign regardless of Covid-19. Ask Pia you would know, she spent most of her time cooking in her NY kitchen during her reign :)>-

Jonathan Nguyen

Real Life Name/Nick: Jonathan Nguyen
Date of Birth: 10 Aug 1997
Profession: Software Developer
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Miss Universe and Miss World

Postby itsrowdy801 » Thu May 14, 2020 2:43 am

Jonathan Nguyen wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
pippo93 wrote:

The idea of cancelling the 2020 Miss Universe pageant to extend Zozi’s reign just doesn’t sound right. It’s not worth it. We all know Miss Universe doesn’t do much during her reign regardless of Covid-19. Ask Pia you would know, she spent most of her time cooking in her NY kitchen during her reign :)>-

Pia travelled a fair amount during her reign, and got to date that hella hot Youtuber doctor. It's not comparable to Zozi's reign consisting thusfar of a trip to Indonesia and fucking Pittsburgh. It's a fact that she got dealt a bullshit hand here.

And a Miss Universe or Miss USA is not just chosen to sit around looking pretty. She's supposed to be an ambassador who travels the country and world working hard for the causes important to her. Unfortunately, our current situation makes those duties impossible and dangerous, therefore I fully support them holding off on picking any new titleholders until the situation has cleared up.
itsrowdy801

Postby Jonathan Nguyen » Thu May 14, 2020 3:28 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:
Jonathan Nguyen wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
pippo93 wrote:

Pia travelled a fair amount during her reign, and got to date that hella hot Youtuber doctor. It's not comparable to Zozi's reign consisting thusfar of a trip to Indonesia and fucking Pittsburgh. It's a fact that she got dealt a bullshit hand here.

And a Miss Universe or Miss USA is not just chosen to sit around looking pretty. She's supposed to be an ambassador who travels the country and world working hard for the causes important to her. Unfortunately, our current situation makes those duties impossible and dangerous, therefore I fully support them holding off on picking any new titleholders until the situation has cleared up.

In light of Covid-19, i don’t think Miss USA and Miss Universe will happen this year. Zozi’s reign will be 2 years. But i still keep my original opinion. It’s not worth it to cancel the event just for one queen’s reign. The winner has collected her prizes. There is nothing unfair to her. If she wants to do charity work/spread HIV awareness, she can still do it even without the title of the reigning Miss Universe. A Genuine queen doesn’t need a title or a reign to work on her cause.
Last edited by Jonathan Nguyen on Thu May 14, 2020 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jonathan Nguyen

Real Life Name/Nick: Jonathan Nguyen
Date of Birth: 10 Aug 1997
Profession: Software Developer
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Miss Universe and Miss World

Postby The Duchess » Thu May 14, 2020 5:57 pm

If IMG/Endeavor wasn't so broke they could actually go several routes to achieve a compromise, but sadly they can't afford doing most things. They probably can't even afford any other option but to force a pageant half assed so local franchises pay the hundreds of thousands they pay yearly, which the media will have a field day with.
The Duchess

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sat May 16, 2020 2:52 am

The Duchess wrote:If IMG/Endeavor wasn't so broke they could actually go several routes to achieve a compromise, but sadly they can't afford doing most things. They probably can't even afford any other option but to force a pageant half assed so local franchises pay the hundreds of thousands they pay yearly, which the media will have a field day with.

That's an element I haven't considered much. We all know that IMG has fallen on some very hard times financially (as have all companies which rely on the existence of major events to be fair) but I haven't really thought about how it limits their options for what to do regarding this outbreak situations.

I should hope that the health and safety of their contestants, staff, and fans is first and foremost to them, and I imagine it probably is, but it is possible they may do whatever they can to hold it this year for that reason.
itsrowdy801

Postby The Duchess » Sat May 16, 2020 3:52 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:
The Duchess wrote:If IMG/Endeavor wasn't so broke they could actually go several routes to achieve a compromise, but sadly they can't afford doing most things. They probably can't even afford any other option but to force a pageant half assed so local franchises pay the hundreds of thousands they pay yearly, which the media will have a field day with.

That's an element I haven't considered much. We all know that IMG has fallen on some very hard times financially (as have all companies which rely on the existence of major events to be fair) but I haven't really thought about how it limits their options for what to do regarding this outbreak situations.

I should hope that the health and safety of their contestants, staff, and fans is first and foremost to them, and I imagine it probably is, but it is possible they may do whatever they can to hold it this year for that reason.

Oh I am SURE they will do EVERYTHING THEY CAN to hold it because if rumors are true, Puerto Rico alone has one of the highest franchise fees so I am sure they will hold a Miss Universe 2020. Which means that most pageants will be forced to carry pageants because many national orgs have candidates pay fees to participate which is necessary for their fee.

International Pageants could do several things, they all have their pros and cons, they have several options but sadly Miss Universe has fewer options:

- Pageants could cancel pageants (and they should) because of obvious reasons and the obvious PR challenge if they hold a 2020 edition, they could:

- Extend the 2019 queens' reigns, and extend it to 1 1/2-2 years which has its contractual issues and we would have to see if the queens even want to and that would mean any 2019 queen will basically forever hold the record of the longest reigns.

- Leave the 2020 title vacant, and just crown the 2021 queen so we don't start doing pageants the year after the year of the title

- Appoint the 1st Runner-Ups as the 2020 queens, and let them the 2019 and 2020 queens co-reign (if the queen wants to continue her reign). Although we actually had fantastic Top 2 all of last year, sadly not all organizations can afford to keep an extra person on pay roll. Specially MUO.

- Pageants could hold pageants on 2020, which I don't know I feel like they would be a PR issue:

- Virtually, which to me is the worst and cheapest option.

- Do what it takes to bring women from 90+ countries on a plane to US/Thailand/England/Philippines/Japan/Poland and atleast a 100 staff members, put them in a hotel and hold a pageant. But that would most probably require visas, air travel, national pageants in quarantined countries ect.

- Do most of the last option without an audience.... MEEEEEH.

I don't know, I feel like Endeavor/IMG has the most challenges
The Duchess

Postby leiamichele » Sun May 17, 2020 9:24 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:
pippo93 wrote:

Lost fair and square? To the old and ugly plagiarizing Cheslie Kryst? Are you serious??? =O/
leiamichele
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: Leia
Date of Birth: 05 May 1995
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Performing

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sun May 17, 2020 11:00 pm

leiamichele wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
pippo93 wrote:

Lost fair and square? To the old and ugly plagiarizing Cheslie Kryst? Are you serious??? =O/

I really like Cheslie, she's not "old and ugly" at all and didn't plagiarize shit, and fact is that she did an objectively better job at answering her Top 3 question. Cheslie's absolutely a deserving queen.
itsrowdy801

Postby Islander1 » Mon May 18, 2020 1:01 am

I don't think they should host any pageants this year. They should extend the current winners reign until 2021. Schedule Miss USA in the first quarter of 2021 and Miss Universe in the third quarter. Let's be real, social distancing guidelines will still be in effect for the most of this year.

If the pageants does happen, half of the fans won't be able to attend, resulting in low ticket sales. Low ticket sales won't help the MUO very much and we'd probably get an edition worst than the Miss Universe 2017 Prelims in a Vegas ballroom. That'll be robbery to the girls who worked hard to get there. Secondly, Miss Universe is an international event that requires travels. With so many countries closing their borders, this is still uncertain. For instance, in Cayman, our borders are closed until September 1st and could be extended further, and I'm sure it's the same in many countries. With this in mind, it'll be hard for Miss Universe to find a host city. And if they do find a host country, the turnout will potentially be half of what it usually is.

Either way you put it, the MUO won't be able to make a profit this year.
Miss Universe 2021 Top 3

USA
SPAIN
INDIA
Islander1

Date of Birth: 17 May 1994
Hobbies/Interests: Volleyball.

Postby The Duchess » Mon May 18, 2020 2:51 am

Islander1 wrote:
I don't think they should host any pageants this year. They should extend the current winners reign until 2021. Schedule Miss USA in the first quarter of 2021 and Miss Universe in the third quarter. Let's be real, social distancing guidelines will still be in effect for the most of this year.

If the pageants does happen, half of the fans won't be able to attend, resulting in low ticket sales. Low ticket sales won't help the MUO very much and we'd probably get an edition worst than the Miss Universe 2017 Prelims in a Vegas ballroom. That'll be robbery to the girls who worked hard to get there. Secondly, Miss Universe is an international event that requires travels. With so many countries closing their borders, this is still uncertain. For instance, in Cayman, our borders are closed until September 1st and could be extended further, and I'm sure it's the same in many countries. With this in mind, it'll be hard for Miss Universe to find a host city. And if they do find a host country, the turnout will potentially be half of what it usually is.

More importantly, IMG really likes the opinion of the American media. Pageantry is and will probably always be seen as superficial and objectifying, as a relic from the past that can't keep up with times or reality. Having pageants in the middle of a pandemic will be seen as reckless, dangerous, unnecessary and sadly superficial; it will be seen as one of the last things that should be happening. MUO won't make a profit this year and IMG will lose money either way.

I truly believe MUO should talk, even secretly, to someone that can buy MUO from IMG because they need a resource injection and IMG needs money so I think they should take these months to think about what to do with the franchise
The Duchess

Postby Islander1 » Mon May 18, 2020 6:46 am

The Duchess wrote:
Islander1 wrote:

More importantly, IMG really likes the opinion of the American media. Pageantry is and will probably always be seen as superficial and objectifying, as a relic from the past that can't keep up with times or reality. Having pageants in the middle of a pandemic will be seen as reckless, dangerous, unnecessary and sadly superficial; it will be seen as one of the last things that should be happening. MUO won't make a profit this year and IMG will lose money either way.

I truly believe MUO should talk, even secretly, to someone that can buy MUO from IMG because they need a resource injection and IMG needs money so I think they should take these months to think about what to do with the franchise

I completely agree with you! A platform that’s supposed to unify nations pushing through in the middle of a pandemic would definitely be seen as insensitive and reckless. The media will crucify the MUO for doing that.

I for one hope that IMG tries to sell the franchise. All they’ve done is cheapen the MUO brand. The reign of the last three winners were hardly memorable.
Miss Universe 2021 Top 3

USA
SPAIN
INDIA
Islander1

Date of Birth: 17 May 1994
Hobbies/Interests: Volleyball.

Postby The Duchess » Mon May 18, 2020 4:12 pm

Islander1 wrote:
The Duchess wrote:
Islander1 wrote:

I completely agree with you! A platform that’s supposed to unify nations pushing through in the middle of a pandemic would definitely be seen as insensitive and reckless. The media will crucify the MUO for doing that.

I for one hope that IMG tries to sell the franchise. All they’ve done is cheapen the MUO brand. The reign of the last three winners were hardly memorable.

At the beggining I liked some of the changes IMG brought but sadly they lack balance, vision and just overall seem to be more focused into making their brands liked by the american non pageant fanatic public than actual pageant fans. Catriona deserved so much better is actually insulting.
The Duchess

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Mon May 18, 2020 4:39 pm

leiamichele wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
pippo93 wrote:

If you still think Cheslie didn't win fairly then you just didn't watch Miss USA 2019. She was clearly the best speaker and Allie gave the worst top three answer. As we all (should) know by now, pageants aren't just about beauty, but I'm tired of explaining this. Cheslie isn't even ugly.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Mon May 18, 2020 4:41 pm

The Duchess wrote:
Islander1 wrote:

This is what I have been thinking. The American public doesn't really like pageants. The MUO needs to constantly be appeasing the public if they want to stay relevant. Holding the pageant in the middle of the pandemic would result in widespread outcry and hate, they absolutely cannot do it.
Queen of the Clouds

PreviousNext

Return to Miss Universe