THE LAUNCH OF MISS AFRICA 2015

THE LAUNCH OF MISS AFRICA 2015

Postby ClubEarthMisso » Tue May 12, 2015 3:51 pm

JOBURG – Along with Miss World, Miss Universe and Miss Earth, Miss Africa is set to become one of the largest, and most anticipated beauty pageants in the world.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Successful African beauties in Big 3 pageant's recent history: (Top) Miss World 2014 Rolene Strauss, Miss World 2001 Agbani Darego
(Bottom) Miss Universe 2011 Leila Lopes and Miss Earth-Air 2008 Miriam Odemba

The seven month long project was founded by Lionel Neo Mashishi, a film producer and director.

“I realize Africa continent doesn’t have a beauty pageant which unites the continent and organizing pageants is not new to me. I have organized a successful Miss SA Tertiary in the past and I believe by organizing Miss Africa, I have raised the bar.”

Contestants from various African countries will be afforded an opportunity to represent their respective countries as the search will take place nationally in various provinces. Interviews and auditions will be done in order to select potential contestants.

The main objective of the pageant is to expose diverse, young African women culture to the world and become an educational platform and empowering tool to young African women. The pageant mission is to become a leading female project that grants young African women access to world limited resources and improve their living standards. So now, the search is on for the first ever African Queen who will become the African Continent Ambassador.

The lucky women is who crowned Miss Africa 2015 will do her part in the eradication of poverty in Africa and play an essential role in assisting Africa to fight the plight of poverty, HIV/Aids and Ebola, partnering with United Nations in achieving its mandate to advocate that.

Women entering the pageant must be between the ages of 18 and 25 years and have no children. They must be able to provide accredited academic qualification, matric or post matric credential and produce proof of their identification.

Then, potential contestants are required to post half and full pictures on the Miss Africa online digital portal, where they are selected to be part of the preliminary stage and form part of Miss Africa TV Show. The preliminary selection will place in South Africa and twenty-five preliminary selected contestants will qualify to be part of the Miss Africa Reality TV Show and go through elimination stage according to their performance and the challenges. Then, twelve finalists will get a chance to participate at the main event where the crowning of Miss Africa will be broadcast live.

“The launch venue was strategically selected, Constitution Hill is a national heritage site with historic background, launching a historic event,” Mashishi added.

The launch of Miss Africa 2015 will take place on Saturday May 16 at Constitution Hill, which signifies the opening for entries. The national interviews and auditions start on 28 May and the entry closing date is 24 July.

http://fourwaysreview.co.za/197292/the-launch-of-miss-africa-2015/

The 23rd Annual
MISS❀EARTH
Competition

V I E T N A M

2023's highly anticipated international environmental event
will feature women from four corners of the globe vying for
the coveted Miss Earth crown
ClubEarthMisso
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 11 Sep 2001
Profession: Unknown
Hobbies/Interests: I don't have any interests

Return to Other Beauty Pageants