Miss Earth can still hold an actual pageant if.....

Miss Earth can still hold an actual pageant if.....

Postby Lord Marie_Juana » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:25 am

With two months of pre-pageant activities, Miss Earth can still hold an actual pageant instead of a virtual coronation if they only transport/fly the Top 16 girls (based on the pre pageant criteria) to a venue/country that has less covid cases (ex. Vietnam and Thailand).

With just 16 girls competing in the final coronation night, I think it's easily manageable and less risky. I think this is more doable and at the same time, pageant fans will be happy to watch an actual coronation with Nellys crowning her successor!

=b :">

Lord Marie_Juana
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 09 Mar 1986
Profession: engineer
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: singing, dancing

Re: Miss Earth can still hold an actual pageant if.....

Postby manoypoe » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:10 am

Lord Marie_Juana wrote:With two months of pre-pageant activities, Miss Earth can still hold an actual pageant instead of a virtual coronation if they only transport/fly the Top 16 girls (based on the pre pageant criteria) to a venue/country that has less covid cases (ex. Vietnam and Thailand).

With just 16 girls competing in the final coronation night, I think it's easily manageable and less risky. I think this is more doable and at the same time, pageant fans will be happy to watch an actual coronation with Nellys crowning her successor!

I was thinking of same too. It is doable and they can do it in Vietnam or Cambodia, charter the plane. Too expensive but if they have some sponsors, why not? But with the world economy going downhill, Carousel would probably be bashed and criticized. So virtual is still the only option. :%)) :%))
Last edited by manoypoe on Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
manoypoe
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.

Date of Birth: 15 Apr 1975
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Assassin of Idiots
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Web surfing

Postby Ea'rend¿l » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:23 am

Lord Marie_Juana wrote:With two months of pre-pageant activities, Miss Earth can still hold an actual pageant instead of a virtual coronation if they only transport/fly the Top 16 girls (based on the pre pageant criteria) to a venue/country that has less covid cases (ex. Vietnam and Thailand).

Ang brainy mo. I like the idea.
Ea'rend¿l
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Earendil
Date of Birth: 12 Sep 1986
Profession: Knight of Templar
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Astronomy and Chasing Time

Postby Lord Marie_Juana » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:01 am

Ea'rend¿l wrote:

Ang brainy mo. I like the idea.

Matatalino talaga mga Earthlings! :-*
Lord Marie_Juana

Date of Birth: 09 Mar 1986
Profession: engineer
Hobbies/Interests: singing, dancing

Postby supladoman » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:32 am

manoypoe wrote:

I was thinking of same too. It is doable and they can do it in Vietnam or Cambodia, charter the plane. Too expensive but if they have a sponsors, why not? But with the world economy going downhill, Carousel would probably be bashed and criticized. So virtual is still the only option. :%)) :%))

This only shows na kahit anong gawin mo may masasabi at masasabi ang tao haha. Though its a good idea, the challenge here is if the said countries will approve doing it on their territory.
supladoman
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 16 Apr 1991
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Programmer
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Goat
Hobbies/Interests: Reading manga, watching anime, mobile games

Postby manoypoe » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:07 am

supladoman wrote:
manoypoe wrote:

I was thinking of same too. It is doable and they can do it in Vietnam or Cambodia, charter the plane. Too expensive but if they have a sponsors, why not? But with the world economy going downhill, Carousel would probably be bashed and criticized. So virtual is still the only option. :%)) :%))

This only shows na kahit anong gawin mo may masasabi at masasabi ang tao haha. Though its a good idea, the challenge here is if the said countries will approve doing it on their territory.

There would be so many obstacles. They can make it as an option. Who knows, things might be back to normal soon as expected/predicted.

I hope there will be a new twist to surprise us in the virtual edition. :=p :=p =D> =D>
manoypoe

Postby beautywatchnyc » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:28 am

Are we trying to suggest that both countries of Vietnam and Cambodia are desperate to stage the annual event without first knowing the actual nationalist pulse and sensitivities of the people of these countries? Wouldn't it seem like an aberration of sorts if a private organization such as Carousel/MEO attempt in doing an initiative without the necessary government protocols being observed foremost?

What national benefit will that bring either to the Vietnamese or Cambodian people by bringing 16 foreign delegates and a horde of MEO support staff to their shores and risk their own people (and vice versa) to a possible risk?

How does MEO convince the delegates and their respective family they are safe from danger and harm travelling far into a foreign country where the sentiments of the local population are not clearly known to any of them? Will the host country assume full responsibility, hence, face possible international backlash if any untoward incident happens (heaven forbid!) or any of the delegate or foreign staff getting infected in the course of the event?

Has anyone among so-called believers pondered on the hard questions that need specific answers?

"Can still" is a personal perception, that I know of, but the larger question looms: Will Carousel/MEO thinkers-and-doers go for the suggestion? To the contrary, months of planning ahead and heated deliberations perhaps even among the members of the top echelon within the Carousel/MEO hierarchy will suggest otherwise!
Last edited by beautywatchnyc on Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
beautywatchnyc
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.

Location: New York City (former) now residing in the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, SW5
Real Life Name/Nick: david
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: HR Consultancy, Professional Cooking
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing D Net Cooking Travel Reading Pho2graphy

Postby manoypoe » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:56 am

beautywatchnyc wrote:
Are we trying to suggest that both countries of Vietnam and Cambodia are desperate to stage the annual event without first knowing the actual nationalist pulse and sensitivities of the people of these countries? Wouldn't it seem like an aberration of sorts if a private organization such as Carousel/MEO attempt in doing an initiative without the necessary government protocols being observed foremost?

What national benefit will that bring either to the Vietnamese or Cambodian people by bringing 16 foreign delegates and a horde of MEO support staff to their shores and risk their own people (and vice versa) to a possible risk?

How does MEO convince the delegates and their respective family they are safe from danger and harm travelling far into a foreign country where the sentiments of the local population are not clearly known to any of them? Will the host country assume full responsibility, hence, face possible international backlash if any untoward incident happens (heaven forbid!) or any of the delegate or foreign staff getting infected in the course of the event?

Has anyone among so-called believers pondered on the hard questions that need specific answers?

This is just a discussion. Dont take it seriously. I mentioned Vietnam, Cambodia or even Thailand as they have less Covid patients. OF course, everything must be considered including the discussion with their government in case there will be talks about this. The possibility of this happening is remote and we are only discussing the possibility, remote it may be. :-* :-*
manoypoe

Postby beautywatchnyc » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:14 am

manoypoe wrote:
beautywatchnyc wrote:

This is just a discussion. Dont take it seriously. I mentioned Vietnam, Cambodia or even Thailand as they have less Covid patients. OF course, everything must be considered including the discussion with their government in case there will be talks about this. The possibility of this happening is remote and we are only discussing the possibility, remote it may be. :-* :-*

Aren't you over reacting? Or did I touch some raw nerves? Reason why, at the onset I said, "are you trying to suggest"?

My reply wasn't meant for you but a reaction fired to the TS. With the deadly pandemic happening all over, I do take things very seriously esp if that has anything to do with the global phenomenon as C19. I took the opposite view as no one amongst us can safely determine the exact sensibilities, i.e. how a local Vietnamese or Cambodian may react if he/she happens to not pivot into any such activities as a beauty pageant.

I'd be flummoxed, albeit slighted, if I were Cambodian or Vietnamese national. Why? Simply because I may not personally champion the world of a beauty pageant as you might be. It's for "discussion" alright, but isn't that a tad overbearing ascribing the event to a foreign country knowing that the incidence or mortality of infection rate due the global pandemic in that country was decidedly lesser?

Note, too, I concluded with a "can still" in my closing saying it could be the TS's sole perception. But you failed to get the drift in the addendum.
Last edited by beautywatchnyc on Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beautywatchnyc

Location: New York City (former) now residing in the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, SW5

Postby Geeyourhair » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:38 pm

Lord Marie's suggestion would have been doable if Chavit Singsong is the official sponsor. Chavit has a private plane and he can easily fly the top 16 to his mansion and do the pageant from his backyard, lol.

Also, I don't think Vietnam, Cambodia or even New Zealand will allow such pageant to occur. Their citizen will surely object for such an idea specially that we will not only expect the top 16 to gather around but the staff as well who are mostly from the Philippines, which the world knows still struggling to stop the spread of covid.

I think the best way to stage this pageant live is yes to fly to them out to un inhabited island where there is no risk to transmit covid to people.
Geeyourhair
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1995
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Professional
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: social media

Postby beautywatchnyc » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:26 pm

Geeyourhair wrote:Lord Marie's suggestion would have been doable if Chavit Singsong is the official sponsor. Chavit has a private plane and he can easily fly the top 16 to his mansion and do the pageant from his backyard, lol.

Also, I don't think Vietnam, Cambodia or even New Zealand will allow such pageant to occur. Their citizen will surely object for such an idea specially that we will not only expect the top 16 to gather around but the staff as well who are mostly from the Philippines, which the world knows still struggling to stop the spread of covid.

I think the best way to stage this pageant live is yes to fly to them out to un inhabited island where there is no risk to transmit covid to people.

In an uninhabited island, that we have innumerable locations from north to south, east to west and all across our archipelago. I'm asking the hard questions: How do we address the requirements of venue, connectivity, billeting and accommodation, logistics, health and insurance, personal safety and security concerns? I hope we can get simpler than just do lip service. No offense! "New normal", but not even near-or-almost-normal, is all I hope for.
beautywatchnyc

Postby manoypoe » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:43 pm

beautywatchnyc wrote:
manoypoe wrote:
beautywatchnyc wrote:

Aren't you over reacting? Or did I touch some raw nerves? Reason why, at the onset I said, "are you trying to suggest"?

My reply wasn't meant for you but a reaction fired to the TS. With the deadly pandemic happening all over, I do take things very seriously esp if that has anything to do with the global phenomenon as C19. I took the opposite view as no one amongst us can safely determine the exact sensibilities, i.e. how a local Vietnamese or Cambodian may react if he/she happens to not pivot into any such activities as a beauty pageant.

I'd be flummoxed, albeit slighted, if I were Cambodian or Vietnamese national. Why? Simply because I may not personally champion the world of a beauty pageant as you might be. It's for "discussion" alright, but isn't that a tad overbearing ascribing the event to a foreign country knowing that the incidence or mortality of infection rate due the global pandemic in that country was decidedly lesser?

Note, too, I concluded with a "can still" in my closing saying it could be the TS's sole perception. But you failed to get the drift in the addendum.

There is no trace of over reaction in my message or you touching some of my raw nerves. It might be the other way around? :-* :%)) You know, I have mellowed and enjoyed any discussion whatever there is to discuss about Miss Earth. I don't take things seriously and refrain reacting negatively on other forumer's views about Miss Earth that is why I said, it is only a discussion among Earthlings. Nothing serious. When it comes to other topics, it is another story. :-* :-* :=p :=p

To be honest, I did not read your entire comments, any addendum and changes you have done later on. I only reacted regarding Vietnam and Cambodia coz I was the one who mentioned these countries. There were earlier discussions about these countries having less covid cases and possibility of holding the pageant in one of them but of course with the permission of their government... hmmmm....
Last edited by manoypoe on Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
manoypoe

Postby Geeyourhair » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:08 pm

beautywatchnyc wrote:
Geeyourhair wrote:Lord Marie's suggestion would have been doable if Chavit Singsong is the official sponsor. Chavit has a private plane and he can easily fly the top 16 to his mansion and do the pageant from his backyard, lol.

In an uninhabited island, that we have innumerable locations from north to south, east to west and all across our archipelago. I'm asking the hard questions: How do we address the requirements of venue, connectivity, billeting and accommodation, logistics, health and insurance, personal safety and security concerns? I hope we can get simpler than just do lip service. No offense! "New normal", but not even near-or-almost-normal, is all I hope for.

I was actually joking on my last statement, forgot to add "LOL" in it. Of course, I know it is impossible to stage any pageant live anywhere else at this point in time. I'm glad Carousel still pursue this virtually and I commend them for that.
Geeyourhair

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1995
Profession: Professional
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: social media

Postby Sophia7 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:09 pm

This is a great idea but just in the Philippines maybe in an exclusive island like Siargao or in surigao where it's covid free.
Sophia7

Date of Birth: 08 Nov 1992
Profession: LAWYERing!
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Hobbies/Interests: Pageant, LAW, MGMT & FASHION!

Postby beautywatchnyc » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:19 pm

manoypoe wrote:
beautywatchnyc wrote:
manoypoe wrote:
beautywatchnyc wrote:

There is no trace of over reaction in my message or you touching some of my raw nerves. It might be the other way around? :-* :%)) You know, I have mellowed and enjoyed any discussion whatever there is to discuss about Miss Earth. I don't take things seriously and refrain reacting negatively on other forumer's views about Miss Earth that is why I said, it is only a discussion about Earthlings. Nothing serious. When it comes to other topics, it is another story. :-* :-* :=p :=p

To be honest, I did not read your entire comments, any addendum and changes you have done later on. I only reacted regarding Vietnam and Cambodia coz I was the one who mentioned these countries. There were earlier discussions about these countries having less covid cases and possibility of holding the pageant in one of them but of course with the permission of their government... hmmmm....

Oh, sorry if that was so? Asking (or was it telling?) me to not take things seriously as it was meant for discussion only was akin to a dressing down syndrome. And quite scathing to me personally esp that it concerns a possible transmission of the virus between and to other nationalities outside our own. Manila-based Ms Earth has decided to stage the event on-line means that all things considered, the locally-based MEO shuns staging the event face-to-face real-time? If Carousel were constrained to hold the finals in our own shores, that itself precludes the organization's moral imperatives but which they're up and wiling to abide with.

Was it morally upright even to suggest holding the pageant in countries like Cambodia, Thailand, or Vietnam knowing that these countries have less covid cases than what the Philippines had experienced thus far? Doon sa kanila ayus lang kasi di masyado sila affected; parang di maganda sa pandinig and considering the seriousness of the scare as if something wasn't morally appropriate. That "it is" something that could avalanche but not blur national consciousness to react quickly.

New Zealand tops the list of countries that has a very low if not zero stats where covid death toll is the gauge. I cannot imagine how NZ nationals (not merely the government bureaucracy) would react if Carousel hints at staging the pageant in their covid-free soil?
beautywatchnyc

Postby manoypoe » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:38 pm

beautywatchnyc wrote:
manoypoe wrote:
beautywatchnyc wrote:
manoypoe wrote:
beautywatchnyc wrote:

There is no trace of over reaction in my message or you touching some of my raw nerves. It might be the other way around? :-* :%)) You know, I have mellowed and enjoyed any discussion whatever there is to discuss about Miss Earth. I don't take things seriously and refrain reacting negatively on other forumer's views about Miss Earth that is why I said, it is only a discussion about Earthlings. Nothing serious. When it comes to other topics, it is another story. :-* :-* :=p :=p

Oh, sorry if that was so? Asking (or was it telling?) me to not take things seriously as it was meant for discussion only was akin to a dressing down syndrome. And quite scathing to me personally esp that it concerns a possible transmission of the virus between and to other nationalities outside our own. Manila-based Ms Earth has decided to stage the event on-line means that all things considered, the locally-based MEO shuns staging the event face-to-face real-time? If Carousel were constrained to hold the finals in our own shores, that itself precludes the organization's moral imperatives but which they're up and wiling to abide with.

Was it morally upright even to suggest holding the pageant in countries like Cambodia, Thailand, or Vietnam knowing that these countries have less covid cases than what the Philippines had experienced thus far? Doon sa kanila ayus lang kasi di masyado sila affected; para lang di maganda pakinggan and considering the seriousness of the scare as if something isn't morally appropriate.

New Zealand tops the list of countries that has a very low if not zero stats where covid death toll is the gauge. I cannot imagine how NZ nationals would react if Carousel hints at staging the pageant in their covid-free soil?

We can still share our opinions be it for or against the issue on hand. It is nice to have opposing views and discuss here the pros and cons. I welcome all ideas, even it they oppose mine coz I am also learning. Like the virtual pageant, our discussion has helped me a lot to understand the points of those opposing the virtual pageant.

What stuck to my mind, pre-Covid, there were talks or rumors that Vietnam may host the 20th edition. Then covid came. There were still some opinions that since Vietnam has less covid cases, they can still host, of course, with the permission of their government. I was silently toying the same idea of LMJ, though I believe that it is even less than 5% that it would come into fruition, I still played along with the idea. Why not right? Possibilities are endless, some remote, some doable.

Unbeknownst to us, Carousel may have toyed with the idea of LMJ too during their round table discussion. It is just my wild guess coz just like us, every crazy idea is usually discussed among peers.
manoypoe

Postby beautywatchnyc » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:56 pm

I like that, Manoypoe. Who knows? The mind quickly avalanched. When enough people speculate, somebody always gets it right. We go a long way back following ME, where soft days and easy days have their appeal. I'm excited for ME2020!
beautywatchnyc

Postby manoypoe » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:03 pm

beautywatchnyc wrote:
I like that, Manoypoe. Who knows? The mind quickly avalanched. When enough people speculate, somebody always gets it right. We go a long way back following ME, where soft days and easy days have their appeal. I'm excited for ME2020!

I am very excited too that even discussion like this, it gives me a thrill. My anticipation grows and I cant wait for the pageant to start.
manoypoe

Postby sleuth08 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:13 am

I THINK IT STILL SHOULD BE A TOP 20 (WITH THE 19TH AS THE ECO VIDEO WINNER AND THE 20TH AS THE ECO WARRIOR WINNER.) THEN A TOP 15, THEN 10, THEN 5.
sleuth08

Date of Birth: 10 Dec 1977
Profession: airline load controller
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: DESTROYING MISS EARTH HATERS

Postby supladoman » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:53 am

With things happening right now, I think other countries will not going to risk their people's lives for the sake of the pageant. But who knows what will happen. I just hope that if they're really going to do it virtually there will be a twist to compromise the situation, as well as the delegates. Or maybe, they can have a common venue per region to hold the pageant(America, Asia, Europe, Africa...which I doubt lol).
supladoman

Date of Birth: 16 Apr 1991
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Programmer
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Goat
Hobbies/Interests: Reading manga, watching anime, mobile games

Postby ClubEarthMisso » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:37 am

I'm also against the idea proposed by the TS. Just because a country has fewer covid cases does not mean they will open their doors to outsiders. I think their government will try to keep it that way (few covid cases) which is logical.

Just look what NZ did. They close their borders. They are now covid free I believe.

I also think locals will not be happy if Vietnam will host which eventually leads to strikes meaning people will go outside to do so. Do you see where I'm getting.

As much as I wanted to have an actual pageant this year. Well being of everyone during the pandemic is the priority.

Weather you guys accept it or not this is our new normal now until a vaccine shows up.

All I'm saying is give Carousel Productions a chance to prove themselves going forward with the 20th edition this year.
The 23rd Annual
MISS❀EARTH
Competition

V I E T N A M

2023's highly anticipated international environmental event
will feature women from four corners of the globe vying for
the coveted Miss Earth crown
ClubEarthMisso
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 11 Sep 2001
Profession: Unknown
Hobbies/Interests: I don't have any interests

Postby poker_man » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:25 pm

Why the hell would New Zealand or any other country with low cases of coronavirus open its doors to hosting a pageant at this time of pandemic? It's not even worth the risk. They are not foolish enough to do that, especially knowing that Carousel Productions is a Filipino owned organization and the rest of the world does not want anything to do with the COVID-19 Capital of Asia.

In the first place, do you think there are actual candidates who are even going to join Miss Earth? I don't think girls would even want to compete knowing that there is a pandemic. What a stupid idea!
poker_man

Date of Birth: 21 Jun 1985
Profession: Doctor
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty pageants

Postby Rosa Mystica » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:31 am

:%)) :%)) :%)) ONLINE CLASS :%)) :%)) :%))
watch below video

[youtube]hi5Ob0AiVB8[/youtube]
ImageImage
Rosa Mystica

Date of Birth: 08 Mar 1990
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Call Center Agent
Hobbies/Interests: Movies
Message: Those who tried to break you are expecting you to be in fight mode. Conquer them with your peace.

Postby beautywatchnyc » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:01 am

It's what I've been saying all along. At the onset, I've voiced out my concern and took the opposite view because discussions like these should not be taken like gay banter of sorts. Covid19 is very serious matter yet I was reproached to not take things seriously which I resented strongly. I still stand by my previous statement: it didn't seem right that the fans' whims and caprice shall ascribe staging the contest in a foreign country that has fewer covid cases compared to what the Philippines experiences currently. The caveat: I cannot imagine how a plebian Maori or average New Zealander, Viet, Thai, or Cambodian national will react should MEO/Carousel hints at staging the pageant in their native soil, not to mention this foreign country's burdened government bureaucracy.
beautywatchnyc

Postby Handsama » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:57 pm

I’ve had similar thoughts before. Why not make it a hybrid pageant. The problem with this pandemic is that it’s unpredictable. For instance, Vietnam may not have that many cases as of yet but we don’t know where it will be in a few months. And even if the top 16 do make it to the host country, how safe will it be for them to travel around. Because if they’re gonna be stuck in a hotel for a week just so we can have a live pageant, it may not be worth the expenses. Just imagine the cost of airfare alone.
Handsama

Date of Birth: 10 Jan 1987
Profession: Secret
Hobbies/Interests: Reading

Postby manoypoe » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:32 am

Handsama wrote:I’ve had similar thoughts before. Why not make it a hybrid pageant. The problem with this pandemic is that it’s unpredictable. For instance, Vietnam may not have that many cases as of yet but we don’t know where it will be in a few months. And even if the top 16 do make it to the host country, how safe will it be for them to travel around. Because if they’re gonna be stuck in a hotel for a week just so we can have a live pageant, it may not be worth the expenses. Just imagine the cost of airfare alone.

:=p :=p =D> =D> :=p :=p
manoypoe

Return to Miss Earth