⋆❁⋆ USA WINS MISS EARTH 2020 ⋆❁⋆

Re: ⋆❁⋆ USA WINS MISS EARTH 2020 ⋆❁⋆

Postby Handsama » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:23 pm

Geeyourhair wrote:
The Duchess wrote:I've been hearing rumors Miss Water 2019 might go to Miss Universe 2020 but I hope not, she's not the Miss Universe prototype and in any case she would do better in Miss World

Oh really? I agree with you, although I find her beautiful she is just too timid for Miss Universe. I think she would excel more at Miss International.

Klara actually won the main title last year in addition to getting chosen as Miss Earth Czech Rep. So it makes sense to send her to Miss Universe. Plus she’s already proven herself in the international stage. I do agree that she would need to bring out the fierceness and the personality more in the Miss Universe stage.

But Ceska Miss 2020 is currently ongoing so why send Klara...unless the org sets the finals for next year.

Handsama
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 10 Jan 1987
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Secret
Hobbies/Interests: Reading

Postby Handsama » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:39 pm

JustinSky wrote:
fermnedoza wrote:Hola! Hope the franchise of the two European countries be given back to their former owners. While the one entrusted with them this year did great, I still believed that the former owners are better. Ciao.

Italy is better with the previous ND. I was hoping that Denmark will be mentored by Klaudia Parsberg next year and hopefully stage a Miss Earth Danmark pageant. I want to see that Viking crown again.

This is what happens when a ND fails to send a delegate. Someone can take advantage of the situation by grabbing the franchise which is what happened this year.

So I’m really curious to see what happens to Denmark’s and Italy’s franchises next year, especially Denmark since the new ND grabbed an elemental title.

I just checked Miss Danmark’s IG and Miss Earth is no longer one of the titles offered.
Handsama

Postby sleuth08 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:06 am

Handsama wrote:
JustinSky wrote:
fermnedoza wrote:Hola! Hope the franchise of the two European countries be given back to their former owners. While the one entrusted with them this year did great, I still believed that the former owners are better. Ciao.

Italy is better with the previous ND. I was hoping that Denmark will be mentored by Klaudia Parsberg next year and hopefully stage a Miss Earth Danmark pageant. I want to see that Viking crown again.

This is what happens when a ND fails to send a delegate. Someone can take advantage of the situation by grabbing the franchise which is what happened this year.

So I’m really curious to see what happens to Denmark’s and Italy’s franchises next year, especially Denmark since the new ND grabbed an elemental title.

I just checked Miss Danmark’s IG and Miss Earth is no longer one of the titles offered.

IT ONLY TOOK KLAUDIA HER FIRST TRY TO SEND A REP TO MISS EARTH AND DID AMAZING. SO I THINK KLAUDIA IS A BETTER ND THAN MISS DANMARK, PLUS MISS DANMARK DOES NOT PRIORITIZE MISS EARTH.

I HOPE CATHARINA AND LARISSA CAN JOIN FORCE WITH KLAUDIA TO CREATE A NEW MISS EARTH DENMARK. AND BRING BACK THE VIKING CROWN
sleuth08
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 10 Dec 1977
Profession: airline load controller
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: DESTROYING MISS EARTH HATERS

Postby Handsama » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:08 am

sleuth08 wrote:
Handsama wrote:
JustinSky wrote:

So I’m really curious to see what happens to Denmark’s and Italy’s franchises next year, especially Denmark since the new ND grabbed an elemental title. I think Klaudia

IT ONLY TOOK KLAUDIA HER FIRST TRY TO SEND A REP TO MISS EARTH AND DID AMAZING. SO I THINK KLAUDIA IS A BETTER ND THAN MISS DANMARK, PLUS MISS DANMARK DOES NOT PRIORITIZE MISS EARTH.

I HOPE CATHARINA AND LARISSA CAN JOIN FORCE WITH KLAUDIA TO CREATE A NEW MISS EARTH DENMARK. AND BRING BACK THE VIKING CROWN

Klaudia helped prepare Michala when the latter reached out to her for help.

But if I’m not mistaken, the guy who actually took over these franchises might be Romeo Wild based on some research. He describes himself as a master coach for beauty queens.

Handsama

Postby earthfan » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:06 am

According to this article, while the reactions to being awarded the main and elemental crowns may have been recorded live, it was actually recorded several days before we all witnessed, and our top 4 had to sit on the news until coronation aired to the rest of us.

https://observer-reporter.com/living/w- ... 96abd.html
Last edited by earthfan on Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
earthfan
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Date of Birth: 29 Jun 1994
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Cashier
Hobbies/Interests: pageants

Postby ne0n » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:12 pm

Handsama wrote:
Geeyourhair wrote:
The Duchess wrote:I've been hearing rumors Miss Water 2019 might go to Miss Universe 2020 but I hope not, she's not the Miss Universe prototype and in any case she would do better in Miss World

Oh really? I agree with you, although I find her beautiful she is just too timid for Miss Universe. I think she would excel more at Miss International.

Klara actually won the main title last year in addition to getting chosen as Miss Earth Czech Rep. So it makes sense to send her to Miss Universe. Plus she’s already proven herself in the international stage. I do agree that she would need to bring out the fierceness and the personality more in the Miss Universe stage.

But Ceska Miss 2020 is currently ongoing so why send Klara...unless the org sets the finals for next year.

Klara is still much better than majority of the girls that Europe usually sends to Miss Universe. Hope it pushes through since the current pandemic shortchanged her with her reign as Miss Earth Water 2019. She and the other ME 2019 queens could have deserved more..

ne0n
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: ne0n
Date of Birth: 04 Apr 2010
Profession: Medical
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Postby ne0n » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:14 pm

earthfan wrote:According to this article, while the reactions to being awarded the main and elemental crowns may have been recorded live, it was actually recorded several days before we all witnessed, and our top 4 had to sit on the news until coronation.

Wait, what does it say? The link is not accesible here in the UK. ~X( :%((

ne0n

Postby Geeyourhair » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:16 pm

earthfan wrote:According to this article, while the reactions to being awarded the main and elemental crowns may have been recorded live, it was actually recorded several days before we all witnessed, and our top 4 had to sit on the news until coronation.

Although I believed that it was a few hours before the airing (not a few days) the pre-recording was done...I still commend Carousel and of course the winners for keeping everything a secret. It is amazing how no single leak came out for everyone to feast on.
Geeyourhair

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1995
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Professional
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: social media

Postby ne0n » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:47 pm

Geeyourhair wrote:

Although I believed that it was a few hours before the airing (not a few days) the pre-recording was done...I still commend Carousel and of course the winners for keeping everything a secret. It is amazing how no single leak came out for everyone to feast on.

Did the article confirm it? I think it could be a few a hours before airing since the delegates still had an interview with the press a day before coronation. True, how everything was kept underwraps just showed that the people behind the team are trusted professionals.
ne0n

Postby Geeyourhair » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:17 pm

The Bambii Fuentes Show!

[youtube]NVEhmcz0WWc[/youtube]
Geeyourhair

Postby Ea'rend¿l » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:52 pm

ne0n wrote:
Geeyourhair wrote:

Did the article confirm it? I think it could be a few a hours before airing since the delegates still had an interview with the press a day before coronation. True, how everything was kept underwraps just showed that the people behind the team are trusted professionals.

Not mentioned in the article. Here is it:

A Brownsville native has become the first U.S. resident to win the international Miss Earth pageant.

Lindsey Coffey said she has had a connection and love for nature at a young age growing up in Brownsville.

While attending Washington & Jefferson college, Coffey took up modeling part time and then became a full-time model during the day and a full-time student at night, graduating with a political science degree.

As a full-time professional model for the past decade, Coffey said she’s had the privilege of being able to visit different parts of the world and fell in love with the planet’s beauty.

Coffey said the worlds of modeling and pageantry rarely overlap, but she took an interest in both and found the right agency. She competed for the title of Miss Pennsylvania USA 2020 and was the second runner-up.

However, that exposure caused her to receive many messages on social media about the idea of her competing in the Miss Earth pageant. Coffey said she’d never heard of the pageant, but it struck a chord with her.

“Miss Earth stood for a cause I’ve been passionate about since a young age,” Coffey said. “I looked into it and thought this is what I should have done in the first place. It just made sense.”

The Miss Earth Pageant was launched in 2001. Its contestants actively promote and get involved in the preservation of the environment and the protection of the Earth as well as showcasing and promoting various tourist destinations the world over.

“Their mission has always been the same with climate change and other actions,” Coffey said. “I resonated with that.”

Coffey started as a contestant for the preliminary Miss Atlantic Ocean USA and after winning that title, she went on to represent the region and was then crowned Miss Earth USA 2020, advancing to represent the United States in the international pageant.

Coffey said she didn’t expect to win – at 28, she was in the last year for age eligibility, and no U.S. resident had won before and she had limited pageant experience.

Because of COVID-19 restrictions, the competition was virtual as Coffey said they had to film the portions of the pageant early on and then take part in multiple interviews.

“This was the only international pageant that did not stop for COVID,” Coffey said.

Coffey said each contestant had a cause, and hers was the water crisis and how it’s an issue that holds the most immediate risk to humanity and stability of the planet.

“I came up with a statement of being more than your country,” Coffey said, adding that people need to start viewing themselves as citizens of the world. “One country alone cannot do it.”

Out of the about 80 contestants worldwide, Coffey found herself in the top eight. She was convinced she’d answered poorly during a question segment and her run for the crown was done.

However, when the host asked her if she liked surprises, she said yes, and he revealed that she was going to be the new Miss Earth 2020. Coffey said she didn’t believe him, thinking the host was pre-recording contestants’ reactions with the winner yet to be revealed.

“It’s very funny how it happened,” Coffey said. “I asked him, ‘Are we kidding?’ and when he said no, I pretended like I won again.”

Coffey again asked the host if they were just filming the reaction footage.

The host said the news was absolutely real as it could get.

“You see the moment on my face when it changes,” she said. “It was crazy how it all went down. The host had to tell me twice.”

From that point, she had to wait a few days until the video aired on Saturday to let others know of her achievement.

“I can’t comprehend that it happened,” Coffey said, adding that she truly feels that the stars aligned and it was meant to be, especially with the odds that she faced going into the competition.

Miss Earth will serve as the ambassador to environmental protection campaigns worldwide, and while Coffey hadn’t yet sat down with the organization’s team about her exact duties, she said she will use the opportunity to spread word of her chosen cause.

“It’s not just being a truth seeker, but being a truth teller,” she said.

From there, the sky’s the limit.

While she still sees herself working in the fashion industry, she would also like to do a docu-series about what different countries do to harm the environment as well as promoting the hidden beauties those countries have and illustrate whatever sustainable alternatives may be available.

Coffey said she would like to go back to school and earn her law degree to eventually practice some kind of environmental law or represent a renewable energy company.

“I just want to be the advocate I grew up thinking I could be,” she said.

A video of the entire pageant can be viewed by visiting the Miss Earth Pageant site at http://www.missearth.tv.
Ea'rend¿l

Real Life Name/Nick: Earendil
Date of Birth: 12 Sep 1986
Profession: Knight of Templar
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Hobbies/Interests: Astronomy and Chasing Time

Postby earthfan » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:31 pm

Ea'rend¿l wrote:
ne0n wrote:
Geeyourhair wrote:

A Brownsville native has become the first U.S. resident to win the international Miss Earth pageant.

Lindsey Coffey said she has had a connection and love for nature at a young age growing up in Brownsville.

While attending Washington & Jefferson college, Coffey took up modeling part time and then became a full-time model during the day and a full-time student at night, graduating with a political science degree.

As a full-time professional model for the past decade, Coffey said she’s had the privilege of being able to visit different parts of the world and fell in love with the planet’s beauty.

Coffey said the worlds of modeling and pageantry rarely overlap, but she took an interest in both and found the right agency. She competed for the title of Miss Pennsylvania USA 2020 and was the second runner-up.

However, that exposure caused her to receive many messages on social media about the idea of her competing in the Miss Earth pageant. Coffey said she’d never heard of the pageant, but it struck a chord with her.

“Miss Earth stood for a cause I’ve been passionate about since a young age,” Coffey said. “I looked into it and thought this is what I should have done in the first place. It just made sense.”

The Miss Earth Pageant was launched in 2001. Its contestants actively promote and get involved in the preservation of the environment and the protection of the Earth as well as showcasing and promoting various tourist destinations the world over.

“Their mission has always been the same with climate change and other actions,” Coffey said. “I resonated with that.”

Coffey started as a contestant for the preliminary Miss Atlantic Ocean USA and after winning that title, she went on to represent the region and was then crowned Miss Earth USA 2020, advancing to represent the United States in the international pageant.

Coffey said she didn’t expect to win – at 28, she was in the last year for age eligibility, and no U.S. resident had won before and she had limited pageant experience.

Because of COVID-19 restrictions, the competition was virtual as Coffey said they had to film the portions of the pageant early on and then take part in multiple interviews.

“This was the only international pageant that did not stop for COVID,” Coffey said.

Coffey said each contestant had a cause, and hers was the water crisis and how it’s an issue that holds the most immediate risk to humanity and stability of the planet.

“I came up with a statement of being more than your country,” Coffey said, adding that people need to start viewing themselves as citizens of the world. “One country alone cannot do it.”

Out of the about 80 contestants worldwide, Coffey found herself in the top eight. She was convinced she’d answered poorly during a question segment and her run for the crown was done.

However, when the host asked her if she liked surprises, she said yes, and he revealed that she was going to be the new Miss Earth 2020. Coffey said she didn’t believe him, thinking the host was pre-recording contestants’ reactions with the winner yet to be revealed.

“It’s very funny how it happened,” Coffey said. “I asked him, ‘Are we kidding?’ and when he said no, I pretended like I won again.”

“You see the moment on my face when it changes,” she said. “It was crazy how it all went down. The host had to tell me twice.”

From that point, she had to wait a few days until the video aired on Saturday to let others know of her achievement.

“I can’t comprehend that it happened,” Coffey said, adding that she truly feels that the stars aligned and it was meant to be, especially with the odds that she faced going into the competition.

Miss Earth will serve as the ambassador to environmental protection campaigns worldwide, and while Coffey hadn’t yet sat down with the organization’s team about her exact duties, she said she will use the opportunity to spread word of her chosen cause.

While she still sees herself working in the fashion industry, she would also like to do a docu-series about what different countries do to harm the environment as well as promoting the hidden beauties those countries have and illustrate whatever sustainable alternatives may be available.

Coffey said she would like to go back to school and earn her law degree to eventually practice some kind of environmental law or represent a renewable energy company.

A video of the entire pageant can be viewed by visiting the Miss Earth Pageant site at http://www.missearth.tv.

It's mentioned, it was right after she says "The host had to tell me twice", where the article says "From that point, she had to wait a few days until the video aired on Saturday to let others know of her achievement."
earthfan

Date of Birth: 29 Jun 1994
Profession: Cashier
Hobbies/Interests: pageants

Postby ne0n » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:23 pm

earthfan wrote:
Ea'rend¿l wrote:
ne0n wrote:
Geeyourhair wrote:

It's mentioned, it was right after she says "The host had to tell me twice", where the article says "From that point, she had to wait a few days until the video aired on Saturday to let others know of her achievement."

Thanks Capt E! It is even more impressive if they managed to keep the results secret for days.

ne0n

Postby ne0n » Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:35 pm

Geeyourhair wrote:The Bambii Fuentes Show!

[youtube]NVEhmcz0WWc[/youtube]

Another nice interview with the four queens. They have definitely established genuine sisterly rapport even without having met each other in person.

ne0n

Postby sleuth08 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:50 am

Handsama wrote:
sleuth08 wrote:
Handsama wrote:
JustinSky wrote:

So I’m really curious to see what happens to Denmark’s and Italy’s franchises next year, especially Denmark since the new ND grabbed an elemental title. I think Klaudia

But if I’m not mistaken, the guy who actually took over these franchises might be Romeo Wild based on some research. He describes himself as a master coach for beauty queens.

AH, OK. MAYBE HE AND KLAUDIA CAN JOIN FORCE AND CONTINUE DENMARK'S PLACEMENT IN MISS EARTH
sleuth08

Postby sleuth08 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:51 am

MISS EARTH HAS 924K SUBSCRIBERS IN FACEBOOK

76K MORE TO EACH 1 MILLION
sleuth08

Postby JustinSky » Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:59 am

sleuth08 wrote:
Handsama wrote:
sleuth08 wrote:
Handsama wrote:
JustinSky wrote:

AH, OK. MAYBE HE AND KLAUDIA CAN JOIN FORCE AND CONTINUE DENMARK'S PLACEMENT IN MISS EARTH

Lisa Lents actually congratulated Michala in her comment on ME FB. If ever Lisa will get the Danish franchise back she will let Klaudia and Michala mentor the future ME Denmark reps. I believe Michala is their version of Karen Ibasco. She will be a great help to the org advocacy wise.
JustinSky
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 07 Jul 1998
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Marketing Manager
Hobbies/Interests: Travelling

Postby Nick28 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:20 pm

Goddess!!! :hx

Nick28
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: 2013 Missosology Quiz Grand Champion
Date of Birth: 28 Apr 2022
Profession: :)
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty Pageants, Books, and Gardening
Message: Follow your dreams, believe in yourself, and never give up!

Postby Jaishee » Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:36 pm

Handsama wrote:
Geeyourhair wrote:

I heard Miss Universe only takes candidates before 2020 ends. The final date of Ceska Miss 2020 isn't final yet. There's a big chance Klara might be send if this is true.
TEAM PHILIPPINES 2024
UNIVERSE: -
WORLD: GWEN FOURNIOL
EARTH: -
INTERNATIONAL: ANGELICA LOPEZ
SUPRANATIONAL: ALETHEA AMBROSIO
Jaishee

Real Life Name/Nick: Jaishee
Date of Birth: 08 Mar 1998
Profession: Physiotherapy Graduate
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces

Postby manoypoe » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:09 pm

Jaishee wrote:
Handsama wrote:
Geeyourhair wrote:

I heard Miss Universe only takes candidates before 2020 ends. The final date of Ceska Miss 2020 isn't final yet. There's a big chance Klara might be send if this is true.

Klara is so sweet for Miss Universe just like Juliana Franco. Both for me are goddesses of beauty. Angelic beauties. Valeria Ayos is not as beautiful as them but her personality really suits Miss Universe.
manoypoe
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.

Date of Birth: 15 Apr 1975
Profession: Assassin of Idiots
Hobbies/Interests: Web surfing

Postby manoypoe » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:11 pm

Venezuela
on the last 10 editions 2011-2020

3rd and final recap for this week is for the ultimate beauty pageant powerhouse country of Venezuela. Venezuela has 3 achievements in the past 10 editions that they have as their edge against Philippines in Miss Earth. 1st- Venezuela holds the record of the longest placement streak achieved in Miss Earth ever, 14 years since Alexandra Braun placed and won back in 2005 and continued until 2019. On those 14 years, 8 of which was achieved on the last 10 editions. 2nd - They achieved the longest streak on placing among the elemental crowns. From 2011 to 2014, they rank from Fire, Water, and even won in 2013 with Alyz Henrich. 3rd-They became the first country to win in all of the elemental crowns in Miss Earth after Stephany won Miss Earth Air crown this year. I do believe that in a matter of time, Venezuela will soon achieve their 3rd Miss Earth crown.

2011 Caroline Medina - Fire
2012 Osmariel Villalobos - Water
2013 Alyz Henrich - Earth
2014 Maira Rodríguez - Water
2015 Andrea Rosales - Top 8
2016 Stephanie de Zorzi - Water
2017 Ninoska Vásquez - Top 8
2018 Diana Silva - Top 8
2019 Michell Castellanos
2020 Stephany Zreik - Air

manoypoe

Date of Birth: 15 Apr 1975
Profession: Assassin of Idiots
Hobbies/Interests: Web surfing

Postby brent520 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:27 pm

manoypoe wrote:
Venezuela
on the last 10 editions 2011-2020

3rd and final recap for this week is for the ultimate beauty pageant powerhouse country of Venezuela. Venezuela has 3 achievements in the past 10 editions that they have as their edge against Philippines in Miss Earth. 1st- Venezuela holds the record of the longest placement streak achieved in Miss Earth ever, 14 years since Alexandra Braun placed and won back in 2005 and continued until 2019. On those 14 years, 8 of which was achieved on the last 10 editions. 2nd - They achieved the longest streak on placing among the elemental crowns. From 2011 to 2014, they rank from Fire, Water, and even won in 2013 with Alyz Henrich. 3rd-They became the first country to win in all of the elemental crowns in Miss Earth after Stephany won Miss Earth Air crown this year. I do believe that in a matter of time, Venezuela will soon achieve their 3rd Miss Earth crown.

2011 Caroline Medina - Fire
2012 Osmariel Villalobos - Water
2013 Alyz Henrich - Earth
2014 Maira Rodríguez - Water
2015 Andrea Rosales - Top 8
2016 Stephanie de Zorzi - Water
2017 Ninoska Vásquez - Top 8
2018 Diana Silva - Top 8
2019 Michell Castellanos
2020 Stephany Zreik - Air

YET, people claim that the Pageant is biased towards Philippines!

In all honesty, if you are basing it on this number, it is biased towards Venezuela, Brazil and USA.
brent520

Date of Birth: 20 May 2012
Profession: Bum
Hobbies/Interests: Studying, Working (is this even a hobby?)

Postby mrgary » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:20 pm

Binibining ZOZI wrote:
laruuuh wrote:
Stoichio wrote:
manoypoe wrote:The best interview so far of the Queens is with Critical Beauty. I learned a lot, it is more in depth and the Queens shone and it was fun. It is highly recommended, please watch Earthlings even if you have some 'issues' with Rafa. Kudos to Rafa and Team. :=p :=p =D> =D>

I agree! Content wise and the way the interview was handled is EXCELLENT! Even the queens enjoyed it!

That’s why I don’t get some people here hatin on Rafa Delfin when he is very objective when evaluating pageants.

Next to Critical Beauty is MEC Team!

I remember watching one of his videos before when it was announced that Miss Earth finals will be virtual. The title of the video was "Should NDs boycott Miss Earth?". It was as if he was edging NDs to do so. I guess that's why I'm not a fan. I like the MEC team better. And Danny and the Sovereign. 8->

It was nice to know that he liked the finals. Once again, Miss Earth proved nonbelievers wrong. :!!

I DONT LIKE RAFA DELFIN, HE IS ANOTHER ONE LAUGHING AT MISS EARTH IF YOU WATCHED HIS OLD BLOGS, HE EVEN ANNOUNCED THAT HE KNEW A LOT OF NATIONAL DIRECTORS WHO BACKED OUT DUE TO VIRTUAL PAGEANT...HE IS TWO FACE...HE ONLY LIKE MISS EARTH NOW BECAUSE OF LINDSEY.

True. The eyes are the windows to one's soul. There is just something about Rafa Delfin's eyes and facial expressions that tell you he cannot be trusted. He looks like a traitor. I really tried to like his video blogs but there was just something about his eyes that bothered me.
I don't know him personally but I always look at the person's eyes. His always tell me he is devious and untrustworthy.
mrgary
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 15 May 1969
Profession: Businessman
Hobbies/Interests: Piano-playing, Blogging, Traveling

Postby brent520 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:42 pm

mrgary wrote:
Binibining ZOZI wrote:
laruuuh wrote:
Stoichio wrote:
manoypoe wrote:The best interview so far of the Queens is with Critical Beauty. I learned a lot, it is more in depth and the Queens shone and it was fun. It is highly recommended, please watch Earthlings even if you have some 'issues' with Rafa. Kudos to Rafa and Team. :=p :=p =D> =D>

I agree! Content wise and the way the interview was handled is EXCELLENT! Even the queens enjoyed it!

That’s why I don’t get some people here hatin on Rafa Delfin when he is very objective when evaluating pageants.

Next to Critical Beauty is MEC Team!

I remember watching one of his videos before when it was announced that Miss Earth finals will be virtual. The title of the video was "Should NDs boycott Miss Earth?". It was as if he was edging NDs to do so. I guess that's why I'm not a fan. I like the MEC team better. And Danny and the Sovereign. 8->

It was nice to know that he liked the finals. Once again, Miss Earth proved nonbelievers wrong. :!!

I DONT LIKE RAFA DELFIN, HE IS ANOTHER ONE LAUGHING AT MISS EARTH IF YOU WATCHED HIS OLD BLOGS, HE EVEN ANNOUNCED THAT HE KNEW A LOT OF NATIONAL DIRECTORS WHO BACKED OUT DUE TO VIRTUAL PAGEANT...HE IS TWO FACE...HE ONLY LIKE MISS EARTH NOW BECAUSE OF LINDSEY.

True. The eyes are the windows to one's soul. There is just something about Rafa Delfin's eyes and facial expressions that tell you he cannot be trusted. He looks like a traitor. I really tried to like his video blogs but there was just something about his eyes that bothered me.
I don't know him personally but I always look at the person's eyes. His always tell me he is devious and untrustworthy.

Okay, I thought it was just me.

So it’s final, he is not liked. And agree with you all.

They better change their official spokesperson. No wonder they only have 42k followers
brent520

Postby JustinSky » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:47 pm

I think it is now safe to say that Miss Earth is the pageant of the year. Not just because it is the only major pageant not to delay its coronation and also not skip year but also ME is brave enough to stage a pageant in the middle of a pandemic and sacrificing profit. On top of that is the memorable finals and will forever be part of pageant history.
JustinSky

Date of Birth: 07 Jul 1998
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Marketing Manager
Hobbies/Interests: Travelling

Postby brent520 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:07 pm

JustinSky wrote:I think it is now safe to say that Miss Earth is the pageant of the year. Not just because it is the only major pageant not to delay its coronation and also not skip year but also ME is brave enough to stage a pageant in the middle of a pandemic and sacrificing profit. On top of that is the memorable finals and will forever be part of pageant history.

Very true! So who is part of the Big FOUR now? =;))
brent520

Postby Geeyourhair » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:03 pm

[imghttps://scontent.fybz2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/131416214_3944189965599375_3513363111741564175_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=4tC9RFNh4SkAX-gFBg7&_nc_ht=scontent.fybz2-1.fna&oh=25f43784f0cdad2404b3f57b8551f28a&oe=6002E735][/img]

Geeyourhair

Postby Geeyourhair » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:05 pm

^^^Sorry, I don't know how to make it smaller so it can fit the screen.
Geeyourhair

Postby brent520 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:02 pm

Geeyourhair wrote:^^^Sorry, I don't know how to make it smaller so it can fit the screen.

Let me help you at least to post the link. Since this is a good read:

This is an insider point of view and is very informative. I can say it is a valid experience from the actual judge at Miss Earth

Can you read the text?
brent520

Postby brent520 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:52 pm

Here is the text. I tried my best to type and copy everything. Pardon my typographical errors, I tried my best. Hahaha

No copyright infringement intended. Article is owned by Miss Earth Crown page

The ‘Unfairness’ of the Miss Earth pageant system
By: Mark Lee Gatchalian, Miss Earth Crown Editor-in-chief

BIASED. A word that has been used against Miss Earth and its supposed
prejudice against countries that seemingly do well in the duration of the competition but fall short come finals night. Several countries and supporters of queens who consistently do well during the pre-pageant activities but fail to make the cut also lament that, “there seems to be something wrong because we did everything that we could but still failed to get the main title... this pageant is rigged.”

“The Philippines always wins”, some countries are always in the top 5”, as voiced by countries, delegates and observers after the pageant and countries cry foul because of these alleged unfair advantages.

MANIPULATED.
Miss Earth has been accused of altering the judging process that may seem to be advantageous towards a particular country or delegate. The organization’s top honcho was even taped in a seemingly bizarre and staged conversation that made it look like the crown can be bought. This has already been proven to be false.

CHEAP. Pageant pundits claim that Miss Earth is of little worth because it has achieved little compared to other BIG 5 Pageant such as Miss Universe and Miss World due to its seemingly disorganized way of managing controversies hounding it; and the ‘not so elegant’ productions it has managed to serve in the last two decades. “It is in no way part of the big four pageants, there are only three...”, says pageant ‘experts,’ naysayers and non-believers.

JUST WORDS

But these words, ”Biased, Manipulated, Cheap”, are just words used by people who are either newbies or know nothing of the Miss Earth pageant system. Because these words are NOT TRUE. Here is an inside look that disproves all these claims.

THE MISS EARTH PAGEANT SYSTEM IS FAIR AND TRANSPARENT

This pageant system is NOT biased and rigged. Speaking from experience, I have been invited to judge on Miss Earth in 2019 and had the opportunity to judge Miss Philippines Earth twice (2019 and 2020-virtual edition). And in the three times I became part of the selection committee
for the
“Intelligence and Environmental awareness” preliminary segment, there was no tinge of bias nor manipulation present in the selection process towards a particular delegate. Because the process is clear and the independent auditor is strict.

Carousel chooses judges that are experts in their fields from fitness experts, pageant trainers, photographers, beauty queens, to bloggers, teachers, scientists, lawmakers/policymakers and environmental influencers. All of which have garnered enough experience and credibility to choose the right girl for the title. They also employ SGV, a century old auditing firm, also known as Ernst and Young internationally to ensure that the results are final and unquestionable.

The moment I got a call from Ms. Peachy, Vice President& Project Director, I knew I had to prepare. I had to mentally and emotionally ready myself to remove or control any unconscious bias towards delegates. Therefore, I stopped interviewing delegates and delegated the tasks to my team, i stopped creating articles about them and I had to stop talking about them even with my own friends. To add to this, I knew enough about the environment since it is my passion, but I had to work double time to know the most relevant environmental issues per region in the Philippines for the local judging process; and per continent for the international edition. (Am I preparing for a thesis defense?).I figured I should at least show them that they got the right guy for the job.

A few days prior, we were immediately briefed by SGV about the process and how the delegates should be scored. A briefing packet was sent to me and I had to go on hyperdrive. As a judge, you really need to read and research the girls (all 80+ of them), aside from the materials given to me, I had to research their social media and watch interviews to initially assess them and fact check the authenticity of their advocacy. When it’s Miss Earth season, my Miss Earth Crown team never bothers me, because they know I take this job seriously.

And on the judging event, SGV had to brief us once again with the process. The girls are selected based on 3 important criteria: Beauty of figure and form, Beauty of face and Poise, and Environmental awareness and Intelligence. The three criteria have assigned weights and as a judge for intelligence we were reminded to apply minimum and maximum scores on this “specific” criterion, otherwise a median score will be applied (mathematical brain freeze!!). If we assign a score, that should be based solely on the performance of the girls, and should we choose to change the score on paper, we simply have to sign our initials beside it. Oh, lest we forget, there is one criterion that we all tend to ignore that is applied: Personality and Attitude, which sometimes makes or breaks a performing delegate. Because this is given by team managers and chaperones. They get to interact and observe the girls for a month and these are the same people they will work with should they win, hence, it is but logical to evaluate them on this aspect.

There is a science to all these instructions and processes, and you call that, “Statistics”, which I am no fan of, but “the science keeps bias at bay” at least to a minimum percentage.

During the event, SGV is also always lurking around to check how the judges are and to provide clarity should there be questions and discrepancies. During breaks, our folders are whisked away for confidentiality and secrecy. On top of this, on lunches, the judges “never talk” about the girls, instead, they talk about their businesses, the state of the environment and the possible theme for Miss Earth the following year. I, purposely even attempted, to talk to one of the judges to ask who did well in the interview, to which I got the reply, “The girls all did well, whoever will win is just lucky...”

I also never experienced someone from Carousel productions, telling me to give a high score to a delegate. Even personally knowing a delegate is  like a double edged sword for me because I have an internal strict standard. If I know you, I will ask you a difficult question for sure. And If you answer well, I shall give you a score that you deserve. if you don’t answer well, then you deserve a low score. I am guilty of giving a low score to a delegate that I know, who failed to meet my expectations (I’m sorry!). I can never compromise my integrity, I am part of an industry where I am in great regulatory scrutiny, so I will never veer away from what I know is right.

After the judging event, the folders are again whisked away, signed, sealed and you will never get to see the results. These are then tabulated by the accounting firm and validated. And the organization will apply the continental placements because these gives equal opportunities for non-powerhouse countries to emerge in the finals.

The integrity of the judging process is also very clear because it is only in Miss Earth where the three important preliminary competitions are shown ‘live’ for the world to see. We do not see this in other pageant systems, where even the interview is
close-door and we can only guess what transpires in the event.

Performances from these events separates the girls who are really performing and living up to the hype from the girls who are purely hype. By this time, you would know who will make it to the semifinal. And this makes the Preliminaries exciting yet reliable.
But the unpredictability and positive magic of Miss Earth happens on the finals night. Because they have a “different” set of judges, who are also experts in their fields. And the same judging process applies. And at the end of the event, the scores are tabulated and always is final (unchanged). Hence, it is a pageant system that will never satisfy the fans, the experts or non-believers. Because it will crown the girl who fits the Miss Earth mold. And not the fan or pageant industry mold.

To judge an international event and describe it as a “difficult task” is an understatement. It is a gargantuan task affiliated with responsibility.
To call the judging process biased and rigged is tantamount to discrediting the hard work of other girls and an insult to the credibility, experience and knowledge of the preliminary and finals night judges.

Let me refer to the statement of my co-judge, given all the procedures and science behind the process, “whoever will win is just lucky...” Therefore, if you tick all the boxes and have prepared and performed in this environmental event, but if lady luck is not on your side, then you have to be mature enough to accept “fate”.

THE MISS EARTH PAGEANT SYSTEM IS ILLUSTRIOUS and PRESTIGIOUS
It can never be bought and it is the only pageant system that stood the test of time. It is the only system that endured the pandemic. It took the risk of mounting a virtual event sans profit just to continue its core, that is, the preservation and protection of the environment despite trying times.

And yes, Miss Earth is a MAJOR pageant system (live with it!), more relevant now in its second decade. It continued the cause uninterrupted for 20 years and it is a cue that Miss Earth will stand the test of time.
It is innovative and has managed to conduct a presentation unique and one of a kind but not losing its excitement and suspense. While other pageants cancelled, Miss Earth soldiered on.

It is also the only pageant system with clear criteria. And the only pageant system that trailblazed the showing of its preliminaries live and applies the continental placement. Hence, this makes the organization inclusive. It also respects cultures and personal beliefs, remember the delegate who refused to wear a swimsuit but was still allowed to compete?

This pageant system is not just about beauty because it takes into account the delegates attitude and advocacy.

MISS EARTH LISTENS

To add another feather to its cap is that it is also a system that treats everyone as family. Bloggers/Vloggers are treated as professionals, and the organization listens to their and the fans’ feedback. In fact, the Miss Earth fanhood has become a community and have called themselves ‘Earthlings,’ and now, this is how the Miss Earth queens address them. Another proof of the dedicated Miss Earth fanbase is the existence of Miss Earth dedicated pages, blogs and vlogs.

THE CORE
It is an uncanny and misunderstood pageant system because people are blinded by the glitz and glamour of the other big pageants, but once the smoke screen fades, you will get to see its CORE. The CORE of beauties for a cause.

If there is one thing that Miss Earth is biased towards, it is making Mother Earth win, because it wants to do more for the environment NOW more than EVER.

Sumakit mata at daliri ko nyemas! Thank me later, just read the article first.
brent520

PreviousNext

Return to Miss Earth