♔ NELLYS PIMENTEL | MISS EARTH 2019 | OT ♔

Re: ♔•♔ MISS EARTH PUERTO RICO 2019 | Nellys Pimentel ♔•♔

Postby manoypoe » Thu May 09, 2019 4:20 pm

fermnedoza wrote:
TheGenuineBeauty wrote:

Miss Earth does not want to crown a girl from Puerto Rico.

NOT TRUE AT ALL. Remember that Yeidy Bosques was CROWNED Miss Earth Fire 2010! Looking back to all the girls from the Americas that placed and crowned in the past, can we really say that Puerto Rico was robbed all those times at ME?

AMERICAS ARE ALWAYS COMPETITIVE BUT I HAVE HIGH HOPES THIS YEAR FOR NELLYS. SHE JUST NEEDS TO PREPARE HERSELF HARD COZ THE COMPETITION WILL BE STIFF FOR HER CONTINENT. USA, VENEZUELA, MEXICO AND COLOMBIA ARE EYEING THE CROWN THIS YEAR.

manoypoe
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.

Date of Birth: 15 Apr 1975
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Assassin of Idiots
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Web surfing

Postby The Duchess » Thu May 09, 2019 7:22 pm

manoypoe wrote:
fermnedoza wrote:
TheGenuineBeauty wrote:

NOT TRUE AT ALL. Remember that Yeidy Bosques was CROWNED Miss Earth Fire 2010! Looking back to all the girls from the Americas that placed and crowned in the past, can we really say that Puerto Rico was robbed all those times at ME?

AMERICAS ARE ALWAYS COMPETITIVE BUT I HAVE HIGH HOPES THIS YEAR FOR NELLYS. SHE JUST NEEDS TO PREPARE HERSELF HARD COZ THE COMPETITION WILL BE STIFF FOR HER CONTINENT. USA, VENEZUELA, MEXICO AND COLOMBIA ARE EYEING THE CROWN THIS YEAR.

If Karla and Darli didnt make it and Nellys does.... I may be able to grow to like Nellys but noone like Karla and Darli
The Duchess
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 01 Sep 1995
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Costume Design
Hobbies/Interests: Arts, Music, Literature

Postby manoypoe » Thu May 09, 2019 9:04 pm

The Duchess wrote:
manoypoe wrote:
fermnedoza wrote:
TheGenuineBeauty wrote:

If Karla and Darli didnt make it and Nellys does.... I may be able to grow to like Nellys but noone like Karla and Darli

I LIKED KARLA BUT AMERICAS WAS STRONG DURING HER YEAR TOO. BUT WITH NELLYS, I FEEL SOMETHING EXTRA ABOUT HER. HER TEAM HAS ENOUGH TIME TO TRANSFORM AND TRAIN HER. :=p :=p =D> =D>
manoypoe

Postby TheGenuineBeauty » Thu May 09, 2019 11:59 pm

fermnedoza wrote:
TheGenuineBeauty wrote:

I am talking about the Miss Earth crown, not Miss Earth Fire, Water, or Air. I know that Yeidy was crowned Miss Earth Fire. I am not saying that Puerto Rico was robbed all of those times, I am saying from this year on it is going to be difficult for Puerto Rico to get the Miss Earth crown because of the competition between Philippines and PR. Maybe if Philippines wins MGI then they'll give Puerto Rico the Miss Earth crown, but for now it is very unlikely.

The only time I have felt that PR was robbed from a placement was in 2017 with Karla Aponte. She placed in the Top 5 on the medal tally, winning 3 medal, all of them being gold. She won Best In Eco-Beauty Video Presentation which she won out of all of the girls (not based on groups) and was on almost everyone's prediction lists, landing in either the Top 4 or the Top 8. Plus everyone in the Top 5 of the medal tallies landed in the Top 16 except for her, and she was number 4. But Miss Earth 2017 was a clustercluck (yes I said cluck, I am not trying to curse on this forum, even though I really want to.) in my opinion and it left a lot of people feeling sour about Miss Earth after that. Plus the whole Canada being sexually harassed and so on.

Also to be perfectly clear I am not bashing Filipinos or the Miss Earth organization. I just have my doubts on this pageant and decided to put my tin foil hat on.
PUERTO RICO REBORN

2018: Kiara Ortega (Top 5)
2019: Madison Anderson (1st RU)
2020: Estefania Soto (Top 10)
2021: Michelle Colon (Top 10)
2022: Ashley Cariño (TBA)
TheGenuineBeauty
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Date of Birth: 24 Jul 1996
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: Reading
Message: Promote what you love instead of attacking what you hate.

Postby Handsama » Fri May 10, 2019 12:53 am

TheGenuineBeauty wrote:
Handsama wrote:
TheGenuineBeauty wrote:

It isn’t that Miss Earth doesn’t want to crown a Puerto Rican but it just happens that the American continent is super competitive every year and only 5-6 women make it to the semifinals because of continental placements (just like how they do it in Miss Universe nowadays).

I would love to see Nellys take one of those spots but the reality is that there are so many gorgeous women competing amongst the various pageants in the Americas right now (with many more to come) that they won’t just make it easy for anyone to place.

Honestly, and this is just my opinion, but I am sick and tired of pageants doing this continental placement bull---poop. Why can't it be the girls that do the best get placed? If it happens to be all latinas or all asians, then so be it. Because of this stupid continental system, they leave girls that rightfully earned their spot out just because oh all of the Americas spots are filled. It is stupid and unfair to the girls who work hard. I would love to see Nelly make it to the Top 16, and I would be surprised if she wins Miss Earth this year, all I am saying is that the odds are stacked against her and there's a better chance that she'll end up clapping than placing.

For years, no one understood why some fan favorites failed to make it. It wasn’t until 4-5 years ago when an Earthling finally figured out the continental placement system adopted by Miss Earth. Then things started to make sense. As you might imagine, a lot of fans were not happy when they found out. Just as you aptly stated, there is something unfair about it. People argued about the pluses and minuses of such a system. On the plus side...the system prevented continental shut outs and allowed for a more level playing field so that women from smaller non-sash countries were able to place.

Eventually, the Earthlings learned to accept this process and started making adjustments in their predictions. So when Miss Universe adopted the same, I betcha most of us just shrugged our shoulders while the rest of Miss Universe fans were up in arms. We’ve gotten used to it. :-D

There’s no doubt Nellys would be facing a formidable line up of women...assuming that the rest of the national pageants in the Americas crown the right winners. But take comfort in the fact that Miss Earth has had its fair share of winners who won against all odds so you just never know. That’s why the pageant is so nerve-wracking to watch. Until the final Q&A has been answered, it’s still anybody’s ballgame.
Handsama
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 10 Jan 1987
Profession: Secret

Postby Handsama » Fri May 10, 2019 1:27 am

TheGenuineBeauty wrote:
fermnedoza wrote:
TheGenuineBeauty wrote:

I am talking about the Miss Earth crown, not Miss Earth Fire, Water, or Air. I know that Yeidy was crowned Miss Earth Fire. I am not saying that Puerto Rico was robbed all of those times, I am saying from this year on it is going to be difficult for Puerto Rico to get the Miss Earth crown because of the competition between Philippines and PR. Maybe if Philippines wins MGI then they'll give Puerto Rico the Miss Earth crown, but for now it is very unlikely.

The competition between PR and the Philippines primarily exists between the Miss Universe and MW fans. In fact, the PR delegates in Miss Earth are almost always well received by those who follow Miss Earth closely. So I wouldn’t worry about it if I were you. Despite all the criticisms hurled against Miss Earth by PR fans, the Earthlings always welcome your delegates with open arms. And Carousel has done the same.

I’m keeping my fingers crossed that the local organizers can grow the pageant over time. I would love to see more women of high caliber join future editions. But if I may be honest here, it may not happen as long as the PR pageant community continues to belittle the pageant at every little turn which ultimately discourages participation. Meanwhile, the other Latin powerhouses continue to up their games in the pageant thus leaving PR further behind.
Handsama

Postby fermnedoza » Fri May 10, 2019 4:24 am

TheGenuineBeauty wrote:
fermnedoza wrote:
TheGenuineBeauty wrote:

The only time I have felt that PR was robbed from a placement was in 2017 with Karla Aponte. She placed in the Top 5 on the medal tally, winning 3 medal, all of them being gold. She won Best In Eco-Beauty Video Presentation which she won out of all of the girls (not based on groups) and was on almost everyone's prediction lists, landing in either the Top 4 or the Top 8. Plus everyone in the Top 5 of the medal tallies landed in the Top 16 except for her, and she was number 4. But Miss Earth 2017 was a clustercluck (yes I said cluck, I am not trying to curse on this forum, even though I really want to.) in my opinion and it left a lot of people feeling sour about Miss Earth after that. Plus the whole Canada being sexually harassed and so on.

Also to be perfectly clear I am not bashing Filipinos or the Miss Earth organization. I just have my doubts on this pageant and decided to put my tin foil hat on.

First; let me assure you that the result of ME WAS NOT, IS NOT and WILL NEVER BE INFLUENCED by the result of MGI or any pageant for that matter (And I am talking based on observation) as shown by the fact that despite the dangers and possibility of losing NDs to its rival pageants where the wards of those NDs were being given placements while still failing to place at ME (Belgium, Pakistan just to name a few) or the loss of its fan base (India, Thailand...) ME stuck with and respected the judges' choices. Thus, as long as PR is the chosen one by the judges, we can expect her to get the crown despite RP not yet winning MGI. Remember, India (RP's supposed rival in Asia if we're to follow your logic) won ME on 2010 even though Ph has yet to win Miss World at that time.

Second; while Karla Aponte's exclusion during 2017 was a real heart breaker, still we can't deny the fact that Colombia, Guatemala, USA and Venezuela were worth losing a placement to. Like PR, the girls from Colombia, USA and Venezuela were also favored by many to win so their placement were all expected. Therefore, we can say that it was Guatemala that pulled the rag under Aponte's feet, but while Maria José Castañeda was not as bemedalled as Karla the former obvious;y outperformed the latter in the competition that really matter. Not in the sub-contest where they were given medals BUT on the preliminary competitions where they secured placements. Karla outscored Maria Jose at the "Figure and Form" Prelim
which was 20% of the over-all criteria but the latter beat the former in the "Interview or Intelligence" round which was 30% of the criteria.
fermnedoza
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: fernan
Date of Birth: 19 Sep 1975
Profession: sales representative
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: reading books and browsing the internet.
Message: thanks for offering us a site where we could share ideas and share our passion for beauty pageants.

Postby TheGenuineBeauty » Fri May 10, 2019 5:06 am

Handsama wrote:
TheGenuineBeauty wrote:
fermnedoza wrote:
TheGenuineBeauty wrote:

The competition between PR and the Philippines primarily exists between the Miss Universe and MW fans. In fact, the PR delegates in Miss Earth are almost always well received by those who follow Miss Earth closely. So I wouldn’t worry about it if I were you. Despite all the criticisms hurled against Miss Earth by PR fans, the Earthlings always welcome your delegates with open arms. And Carousel has done the same.

I’m keeping my fingers crossed that the local organizers can grow the pageant over time. I would love to see more women of high caliber join future editions. But if I may be honest here, it may not happen as long as the PR pageant community continues to belittle the pageant at every little turn which ultimately discourages participation. Meanwhile, the other Latin powerhouses continue to up their games in the pageant thus leaving PR further behind.

Personally I think the competition between Philippines and Puerto Rico just exists across the board and it's been mostly geared towards Miss Universe because both countries are basically battling for third country with the most crowns. As it pertains to Miss World, that all started in 2016 and people still talk about it to this day. Now that Philippines and Puerto Rico are vying for the first country to have won the big seven pageants, (PR needs Miss Earth and Philippines needs MGI) people on both sides are getting more and more...feisty with each other especially on this forum

Also I am not belittling the Miss Earth pageant, I specifically said in my previous post that I am not bashing Filipinos or The Miss Earth Organization. I am simply just stating my opinion and my doubts about the pageant. It is not necessarily a pageant that I follow because there's just so many events that happen in that one month that it is hard to keep up, although I want to change that this year. I also have my doubts with every pageant, even my favorites like Miss Universe and Miss Gwand International (that one I am ESPECIALLY mad about) I always say that I would love to be proven wrong, and like I say this is just a tin foil hat conspiracy theory that has been nagging on my mind. PR needs to train hard and it shows that PR wants the crown since Nelly is different from the previous girls we've had since PR returned to Miss Earth. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.
PUERTO RICO REBORN

TheGenuineBeauty
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Postby TheGenuineBeauty » Fri May 10, 2019 5:35 am

fermnedoza wrote:
TheGenuineBeauty wrote:
fermnedoza wrote:
TheGenuineBeauty wrote:

First; let me assure you that the result of ME WAS NOT, IS NOT and WILL NEVER BE INFLUENCED by the result of MGI or any pageant for that matter (And I am talking based on observation) as shown by the fact that despite the dangers and possibility of losing NDs to its rival pageants where the wards of those NDs were being given placements while still failing to place at ME (Belgium, Pakistan just to name a few) or the loss of its fan base (India, Thailand...) ME stuck with and respected the judges' choices. Thus, as long as PR is the chosen one by the judges, we can expect her to get the crown despite RP not yet winning MGI. Remember, India (RP's supposed rival in Asia if we're to follow your logic) won ME on 2010 even though Ph has yet to win Miss World at that time.

Second; while Karla Aponte's exclusion during 2017 was a real heart breaker, still we can't deny the fact that Colombia, Guatemala, USA and Venezuela were worth losing a placement to. Like PR, the girls from Colombia, USA and Venezuela were also favored by many to win so their placement were all expected. Therefore, we can say that it was Guatemala that pulled the rag under Aponte's feet, but while Maria José Castañeda was not as bemedalled as Karla the former obvious;y outperformed the latter in the competition that really matter. Not in the sub-contest where they were given medals BUT on the preliminary competitions where they secured placements. Karla outscored Maria Jose at the "Figure and Form" Prelim
which was 20% of the over-all criteria but the latter beat the former in the "Interview or Intelligence" round which was 30% of the criteria.

1. When India won in 2010, there wasn't really a big 7 right? There was Miss Universe, Miss World, Miss International, Miss Earth, Miss Supranational and Miss Intercontinental. So let's say that IC and Supra don't count. Both India and Philippines won Miss Universe, only India won Miss World and Miss Earth, and only Philippines won Miss International. So in reality India was never really competition for Philippines in the way PR and Philippines are now. Neither country have won all Big 5 or Big 3 pageants. Again these are just tin foil hat theories. Do I sincerely believe that Miss Earth would prevent Puerto Rico from ever winning the crown? Of course not, but if it were to happen. I am not speaking for any Filipino out there, this is just my opinion, but let's just say if Puerto Rico owned Miss Gwand International, wouldn't people from the Philippines be thinking the same thing?

2. This is why pageants need to eliminate the whole continental placement BS, except for maybe Miss Intercontinental because it has the word Continental in the name. It is not fair for girls who also place high but get left out because of it. Karla should have made it to the Top 16, and the continental placement system robbed her of her placement and that's the last thing I am going to say about the Karla situation.

Also I just want to make one thing clear to avoid any confusion, I am not mad at anyone that wants to disagree with what I said, if it feels like I am then I can assure you am not and if I offended anyone with what I said, then I apologize.
PUERTO RICO REBORN

TheGenuineBeauty
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Postby manoypoe » Fri May 10, 2019 7:06 am

MISS EARTH DOES NOT CARE ABOUT OTHER PAGEANTS. THEY DONT BASE THE PLACEMENTS OR VICTORIES OF DELEGATES ON THEIR COUNTRY'S PERFORMANCE IN OTHER PAGEANTS BUT ON GIRL'S PERFORMANCE ON PRELIMS AND ON STAGE. AND MGI MEANS NOTHING TO US EARTHLINGS.

ADDITIONALLY, FILIPINOS DONT HATE ANY PARTICULAR PUERTO RICAN BEAUTY QUEENS. AFTER ALL, WE ALL LOVED DAYANARA TORRES. WHATEVER ARGUMENTS WE HAVE WITH NINA STAYS THERE AND WE'RE NOT BRINGING IT HERE .
Last edited by manoypoe on Fri May 10, 2019 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri May 10, 2019 8:31 am

Miss Earth Beauties
1 hr ·

As part of her media tour #MissEarth Puerto Rico 2019 Nellys Pimentel was at the El Circo de La Mega 106.9/95.1 morning radio program for a live interview and they requested her to sing ! Wanna hear her sing? Just click on the video below. #RoadToMissEarth2019 #MissEarthPuertoRico2019 #MediaTour

click to play
manoypoe

Postby Geeyourhair » Fri May 10, 2019 2:16 pm

fermnedoza wrote:
TheGenuineBeauty wrote:
fermnedoza wrote:
TheGenuineBeauty wrote:

Gosh, I still remember how heartbroken I was when Karla, my ultimate Miss Earth prediction at that time, failed to enter the semi-final. But since I am an Earthling and knows the system very well, I understood why. The above analysis sum it all up. Agree 100%.
Geeyourhair
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1995
Profession: Professional
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: social media

Postby manoypoe » Fri May 10, 2019 4:15 pm

Hoy @nellyspimentel la pasó genial junto a los chicos de @losmegahp @rockythekid @danilocomedia H&M @makeupbygiovanni Dress @backstageboutique_ #smile #happy #mediatour #media #instapic #instagram #photo #queen #missearth #missearthpuertorico2019 #missearthpuertorico19 #puertorico

manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri May 10, 2019 4:16 pm

Before starting her day's commitments, our queen took her morning coffee and breakfast thanks to the amenities of @holidayinncondado #hotel #puertorico #condado #missearth #missearthpuertorico # missearthpuertorico2019

manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri May 10, 2019 4:19 pm

As part of her "Media Tour" today @nellyspimentel was at @elcircodelamega where they asked her to sing.

manoypoe

Postby ClubEarthMisso » Sat May 11, 2019 5:11 am

The 23rd Annual
MISS❀EARTH
Competition

V I E T N A M

2023's highly anticipated international environmental event
will feature women from four corners of the globe vying for
the coveted Miss Earth crown
ClubEarthMisso
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 11 Sep 2001
Profession: Unknown
Hobbies/Interests: I don't have any interests

Postby ClubEarthMisso » Sat May 11, 2019 5:13 am

The 23rd Annual
MISS❀EARTH
Competition

V I E T N A M

2023's highly anticipated international environmental event
will feature women from four corners of the globe vying for
the coveted Miss Earth crown
ClubEarthMisso

Date of Birth: 11 Sep 2001
Profession: Unknown
Hobbies/Interests: I don't have any interests

Postby manoypoe » Thu May 16, 2019 4:58 pm

OH LA LA

click to play
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Sat May 18, 2019 8:53 pm

manoypoe

Postby melania » Tue May 21, 2019 12:10 am

manoypoe wrote:

I LIKE HER, BUT SHE NEEDS TO TONE DOWN THAT THUNDER THIGHS
melania
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: melanie
Date of Birth: 28 May 1984
Profession: stylist
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Chinese Zodiac: Goat
Hobbies/Interests: blogging,travelling,counting money

Postby manoypoe » Fri May 24, 2019 12:38 pm

BEAUTY WISE, SHE HAS TRANSFORMED ALREADY. I LIKE WHAT I AM SEEING. HOPEFULLY, HER BODY AND ENVIRONMENTAL KNOWLEDGE WILL FURTHER BE ENHANCED.

manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri May 24, 2019 12:41 pm

JUST SAW THIS. BODY SEEMS TO LOOK GOOD AND FIT, IF NOT PHOTOSHOPPED. :=p :=p =D> =D>

manoypoe

Postby Torres23 » Sat May 25, 2019 1:03 pm

Nellys has the potential to place at ME she reminds me of 2 PR queens Jennifer Guevara MWPR 2007 and Agnes Benitez MEPR 2011. But we all know ME that no PR girl will place and dont tell me that the competition is hard w.e because every year theres a lot of WTF placements.. PR girls that deserved to be in the Top 16: Darla, Franceska and Karla
FOLLOW MUPR 2022 ASHLEY CARIÑO ON HER JOURNEY TO THE MISS UNIVERSE 2022 PAGEANT: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1935153
Torres23

Date of Birth: 15 Dec 2012
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: -----------------
Message: "Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow."

Postby manoypoe » Sat May 25, 2019 7:30 pm

Torres23 wrote:
Nellys has the potential to place at ME she reminds me of 2 PR queens Jennifer Guevara MWPR 2007 and Agnes Benitez MEPR 2011. But we all know ME that no PR girl will place and dont tell me that the competition is hard w.e because every year theres a lot of WTF placements.. PR girls that deserved to be in the Top 16: Darla, Franceska and Karla

PR IS FIRST WITH AMERICAS. AMERICAS IS ALWAYS VERY COMPETITIVE. AS FAR AS I REMEMBER, THERE IS NO WTF PLACEMENT IN AMERICAS. ANYHOW, HOPEFULLY, THERE WILL BE TOP 18 OR 20 THIS YEAR TOO. :=p :=p =D> =D>
manoypoe

Postby Handsama » Sat May 25, 2019 8:39 pm

manoypoe wrote:
Torres23 wrote:

PR IS FIRST WITH AMERICAS. AMERICAS IS ALWAYS VERY COMPETITIVE. AS FAR AS I REMEMBER, THERE IS NO WTF PLACEMENT IN AMERICAS. ANYHOW, HOPEFULLY, THERE WILL BE TOP 18 OR 20 THIS YEAR TOO. :=p :=p =D> =D>

Since I started following the pageant, I can only think of a few WTF placements and that’s prior to Miss Earth allowing us to witness each major judging event. Since they allowed us to view those events, it was easy to see why each woman placed. So to make a claim that there a lot of WTF placements in the pageant is at best disingenuous. It devalues the hard work put in by these women.
Handsama

Postby Handsama » Sat May 25, 2019 8:40 pm

Handsama

Postby The Duchess » Sun May 26, 2019 2:39 am

Handsama wrote:
manoypoe wrote:
Torres23 wrote:

Since I started following the pageant, I can only think of a few WTF placements and that’s prior to Miss Earth allowing us to witness each major judging event. Since they allowed us to view those events, it was easy to see why each woman placed. So to make a claim that there a lot of WTF placements in the pageant is at best disingenuous. It devalues the hard work put in by these women.

I have learn to just keep my expectations low and focus on the competition as kinda like Miss World; almost as a person with no country participating because honestly that way I won't get feelings involved. I command my rep, I look at my girl but never keep expectations high because at this point its better not to. And I don't mean this to say anything bad about Miss Earth, just like Miss World I just don't think our girls fit those molds; Stephanie's win was a surprise. Not because she wasn't good but because we don't do well on Miss World, its literally a running gag in PR to talk about our nonplacements. I still enjoy the pageant and its activities but yeah I don't expect to place anymore =;))
The Duchess

Date of Birth: 01 Sep 1995
Profession: Costume Design
Hobbies/Interests: Arts, Music, Literature

Postby GlennLRehnan » Tue May 28, 2019 4:10 am

As a known “PR hater” at Miss Universe and Julia’s cooking show, I can assure everyone that such sentiments don’t extend to Miss Earth. I thought Karla Aponte was a strong candidate and hoped she would place.

Also, only fans of Binibining Pilipinas Charities Inc. (one of many pageant organizations in the Philippines) care about an MGI win for the Philippines, because that would complete the wins for that specific organization relative to the titles they hand out; this sentiment does NOT extend to Filipinos in general and to Filipino Missosology posters in particular. In fact, the majority of Filipino forumers here either treat as shit or don’t care about Nawat’s joke of a ‘war’ pageant and would be happy to see MGI dropped. Moreover, Filipinos, both in general and specifically to Missosology, don’t subscribe to the idea of anything beyond the “Big Four,” so a win at MGI or the other minor pageants, while nice, would be considered inconsequential.

Therefore, there’s no need to worry about any Philippines versus PR feud or any ill wishes toward PR at Miss Earth. You won’t find even “haters” like me attacking PR reps at Miss Earth, and I’d be among the first to congratulate a deserving PR rep winning the title. This does not apply, of course, to Flopping Nina, who is fair game to Filipino forumers like me, whether in a Miss Earth thread or not. :-D
GlennLRehnan
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: Glenn
Date of Birth: 09 Jan 1979
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual
Profession: Grad student
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: Studying

Postby Handsama » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:14 am

Miami Fashion Week

Click

Handsama