Miss Earth top 5

Miss Earth top 5

Postby nycla2 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:26 pm

I'm not really following Miss Earth like I used to but here are my top 5 based on BEAUTY and overall impact: Portugal, Puerto Rico, Poland, Rwanda and Guam, any of these girls will win.

nycla2
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.

Real Life Name/Nick: booyah
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1991
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: entrepreneur
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: sports, music, movies and entertainment

Re: Miss Earth top 5

Postby mrgary » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:52 am

There are so many beautiful and smart delegates at Miss Earth this year. I could name at least 10 of them who are worthy of the Ramona Haar crown. However, these are my favourites for Miss Earth 2018 in random order:

1. Vietnam - there is just something about this girl. I think she still has a lot to show come finals night. She is a very serious contender who has been eyeing for the Miss Earth crown since 2010. I am normally not a fan of Vietnamese delegates because of Jonathan Nguyen's very ugly attitude in this Philippine-owned forum and how most of the Vietnamese delegates have a hard time expressing themselves in English but this girl can really express herself well. Her earth advocacy is also very commendable. She is always put together whenever she mingles with fellow delegates, audience or media. I really like this girl.
2. Chile - what a very pleasant surprise. She came really prepared during the earth forum. She contributed a lot to the discussion and even helped other delegates translate their answers from Spanish to English. Chile is also a very good violinist with a very strong earth platform. My only problem with her is her pasarela and her turns. If she could execute a clean presentation come finals night, then she might be a shoo-in for the crown.
3. Colombia - has a banging body! I was very much impressed with the way she came down the flight of stairs in her two-piece bikini without even looking down for a second or holding the rail. She is also a very good English speaker and like her predecessors, Colombia is very much prepared to win the crown. She can be the spoiler at this year's pageant.
4. Portugal - is the face of this pageant. She is definitely beautiful, charismatic, engaging, energetic and sexy. Telma has prepared herself well for this competition. It is an extra point for her that she can express herself satisfactorily in English. My only hesitation is her youth. She is only 18 years old and doesn't have that kind of real maturity yet to handle the enormous responsibilities of a Miss Earth as compared to her fellow delegates who are already 22-26 years of age and have mostly finished their college degrees.
5. Puerto Rico - beautiful delegate despite her short height. I just hope that she will shine even more come finals night.
6. Philippines - I think Celeste is the most beautiful Miss Earth Philippines I have seen so far since 2001. My only problem is that she really tries so hard to express herself in English which comes out discombobulated most of the time. Perhaps, if she seeks the help of an Italian interpreter come finals night then she will probably be a shoo-in for the crown. I am very certain that she has more substantial things to say if only she is given the chance to speak in Italian.
7. Slovenia - this girl is always a scene-stealer in a good way. She always makes sure that her presence is seen and felt whenever she is in the company of others or in a crowd. She loves the attention and the support from the Filipino fans. I am glad that she smiles more often now than before and has lessen her camera "projections" ala-Zoolander!
8. Venezuela - she is a very quiet delegate as compared to her predecessors. I think she is preparing herself for the right moment to shine. I hope that ME will have very competent interpreters this time so as not to ruin the chances of non-English speaking delegates to win the crown.
9. Mexico - she is the toughest competitior of Portugal. The crowd loves her and like Portugal, she is also very prepared for this pageant. I just hope that she loosens herself up a bit so as not to look "calculated" at times when answering questions from the crowd or media.
10. Moldova - my sentimental favourite! I just hope that this girl realizes how beautiful she is and that she will stop being so tentative when on stage. She is just too carefree when she is with her fellow delegates but seems so tentative whenever the camera is on her while she's strutting herself on stage.
11. Guam - I think she is the best Guamanian delegate since Patty Chong circa-1982. I just hope that she will be consistent in her energy level, grooming and all the disciplines required of a topnotch beauty queen.
12. Nigeria - She is really pretty. She just needs to be more engaging especially with the Filipino audience.
13. Belarus - another pretty and sexy lass. I love her stage presence, silhouette and her artistic eye on anything. She has depth in her interpretation of environmental protection which I like so much.
14. Nepal - she has the smarts but doesn't have the style. If only she could up the ante in her styling then she could be one of the frontrunners to watch out for. Her wardrobe is just too tacky for this kind of top tier pageant.
15. Poland - pretty but needs to be more engaging especially when conveying her point of view.
16. Cameroon - I want to throw that ugly wig off her head and burn it for good including its bad juju! I think she will be prettier even without her horrible wig that looks like it doesn't have a front or back, or a monofilament underneath those synthetic hairs. She is beautiful and has one of the best abs in the pageant. I just want her to be more natural-looking and relaxed especially when in front of the camera or the audience. If Tanzania pulled it off as a bald woman at Miss Universe 2007, then I am certain that this beautiful delegate from Cameroon could also pull it off wigless with great aplomb in this pageant.
17. South Africa - pretty and smart but doesn't have the toned body. I included her on this list because it seemed that the judges(?) and the people behind the organisation liked her responses during the preliminary interview segment of this pageant.
18. Mauritius - pretty, smart and can speak four languages fluently. Like Nepal, she needs to improve her styling and wardrobe. This girl has a lot of potential but with the many number of equally beautiful, talented and smart delegates vying for the Miss Earth crown this year, having a potential is simply not enough. It must be a "now or never" attitude that she needs to demonstrate to the fans, spectators, media, and above all, the organisers.

My Top 8 in random order:

Chile
Portugal
Philippines
Colombia
Vietnam
Mexico
Slovenia
Venezuela

My Top 4 in random order:

Philippines
Portugal
Colombia
Vietnam
Alternate: Mexico

Winner: Portugal
Spoiler: Colombia or Vietnam

Last edited by mrgary on Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:22 am, edited 17 times in total.
mrgary
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 15 May 1969
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Businessman
Hobbies/Interests: Piano-playing, Blogging, Traveling

Postby prowazekii » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:51 am

spoiler =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) PHELEPENS :zzz :zzz
i think of Miss Universe who is the most beautiful, most femininely graceful, most charming, delightful and sweet...
prowazekii

Real Life Name/Nick: Ron Weasley Fr. Hogwarts
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: Physician
Hobbies/Interests: The OLympic Games,Miss Universe,HP and Haus MD
Message: " hard work and perseverance outlast sheer luck and talent"

Postby SisterStella » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:59 am

While Ms.Philippines is among the stunners and gorgeous delegates in this batch however she is not ripe yet. She doesn't give me the impression that she is mature enough to take on very challenging responsibilities. She is just like many of the girls who are there to enjoy and have fun. It will be ridiculous to see a Miss Philippines requesting an Italian interpreter, that will be a huge minus for her. She will only advance in the finals by virtue of her superb physical attributes. An elemental crown should be good enough for her, ifever she advances to the top 4, let's see!
=D> =D> =D>
SisterStella

Date of Birth: 19 Mar 1970
Sexual Orientation: Lesbian
Profession: CEO
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Hobbies/Interests: pageantry

Postby mrgary » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:52 am

I don't think it is ridiculous if ever Miss Philippines requests for an Italian interpreter. As I have said before, if Miss Greece spoke German at the Miss Universe 1982 pageant in Peru, then why can't Celeste do the same thing in Italian? Besides, Filipino diaspora is all over the globe nowadays. I even have a Filipino co-worker who was born and raised in Nigeria and spoke Yoruba. He sounded very African whenever he spoke English but did it make him less of a Filipino just because he spoke Yoruba or he sounded African when he spoke English? Of course not. I didn't think ME would be so close-minded about getting an Italian interpreter for Celeste, either, because in the first place, why would Ramon Monzon, Lorraine Shuck, et al allow a Filipino community of a non-English-speaking region or country to hold a local search for representation at Miss Earth Philippines if the possibility of an eventual ME-Philippines winner could come from this said community (just like in the case of Celeste Cortesi) but only to be denied access to an interpreter at the international competition in the end? That would be ridiculous considering that English is not the spoken language of this region. That would only defeat the purpose of holding Philippine pageant searches from Filipino communities abroad especially those that come from non-English speaking countries.
mrgary

Date of Birth: 15 May 1969
Profession: Businessman
Hobbies/Interests: Piano-playing, Blogging, Traveling

Postby simonsy » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:38 am

i'm satisfied if they will crown Portugal...
simonsy
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: simon
Date of Birth: 01 Apr 1975
Profession: care giver
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: swimming

Postby lykabergen » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:08 am

Miss Earth: PORTUGAL
Miss Air: PUERTO RICO
Miss Water: NIGERIA
Miss Fire: VIETNAM

Top 8:
COLOMBIA
MEXICO
GUAM
PHILIPPINES
lykabergen
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: Lyka Bergen
Date of Birth: 08 Mar 1973
Profession: RN
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Blogging

Postby ne0n » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:14 am

Portugal and Mexico are lock in my top 2. Can't decide yet who will complete the rest from Chile, Vietnam, Nepal, Colombia, Netherlands, Poland, Puerto Rico, Guatemala, Venezuela,Slovenia, South Africa. It will depend on their swimsuit and interview performance.

ne0n
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: ne0n
Date of Birth: 04 Apr 2010
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Medical
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Return to Miss Earth