KOSOVO COULD NOT COMPETE IN MISS EARTH IN THE PHILIPPINES?

KOSOVO COULD NOT COMPETE IN MISS EARTH IN THE PHILIPPINES?

Postby divine_nymph » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:43 am

I just found out that Kosovo will not have a chance of competing in Miss Earth if it is being held in the Philippines since the country is only one of the few which does not recognize Kosovo as an independent state UNLESS if the Kosovar representative to the Miss Earth has a dual citizenship and has a citizenship which is recognized by the Philippine government she can apply for that visa. It is so unfortunate because there are so many gorgeous Kosovar women who missed the pageant and deserving to represent their Balkan state to an even prestigious beauty contest such as Miss Universe. What is your opinion on this?

divine_nymph
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Scott Donahue
Date of Birth: 10 Jan 1980
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: engineer and scientist
Hobbies/Interests: winter sports like luge, bobsled
Message: Hi there I want to make friends and learn something new

Re: KOSOVO COULD NOT COMPETE IN MISS EARTH IN THE PHILIPPINE

Postby missofan705 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:09 am

divine_nymph wrote:I just found out that Kosovo will not have a chance of competing in Miss Earth if it is being held in the Philippines since the country is only one of the few which does not recognize Kosovo as an independent state UNLESS if the Kosovar representative to the Miss Earth has a dual citizenship and has a citizenship which is recognized by the Philippine government she can apply for that visa. It is so unfortunate because there are so many gorgeous Kosovar women who missed the pageant and deserving to represent their Balkan state to an even prestigious beauty contest such as Miss Universe. What is your opinion on this?

There are already Kosovar girls who competed in pageants held in the Philippines. Donika Emini was able to represent Kosovo in Miss Earth 2013, and many Kosovar women also competed in Miss Earth by late 2000's.
Camila Barraza also represented Kosovo in Miss Universe 2016 in Manila, despite being both Argentinian-Kosovar.
PHILIPPINES! UNIVERSAL QUEENS!

MISS UNIVERSE 2015 - Pia Wurtzbach

MISS UNIVERSE 2018 - Catriona Gray
missofan705
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Real Life Name/Nick: Catriona Vanessa Ponce Gray
Date of Birth: 05 Jul 1985
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Electronics Engineer
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry, Science and Writing

Postby divine_nymph » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:10 am

missofan705 wrote:
divine_nymph wrote:I just found out that Kosovo will not have a chance of competing in Miss Earth if it is being held in the Philippines since the country is only one of the few which does not recognize Kosovo as an independent state UNLESS if the Kosovar representative to the Miss Earth has a dual citizenship and has a citizenship which is recognized by the Philippine government she can apply for that visa. It is so unfortunate because there are so many gorgeous Kosovar women who missed the pageant and deserving to represent their Balkan state to an even prestigious beauty contest such as Miss Universe. What is your opinion on this?

There are already Kosovar girls who competed in pageants held in the Philippines. Donika Emini was able to represent Kosovo in Miss Earth 2013, and many Kosovar women also competed in Miss Earth by late 2000's.
Camila Barraza also represented Kosovo in Miss Universe 2016 in Manila, despite being both Argentinian-Kosovar.

Is it due to dual citizenship that they were able to secure their visas? Has there any full bloodied Kosovar able to compete in the Philippines?
divine_nymph

Real Life Name/Nick: Scott Donahue
Date of Birth: 10 Jan 1980
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: engineer and scientist
Hobbies/Interests: winter sports like luge, bobsled
Message: Hi there I want to make friends and learn something new

Postby MissPluto » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:39 pm

I think i previously discussed this, Kosovo's case is kind of complicated. Yes they are now an independent nation and has been recognize by a number of states but not the Philippines, the Philippines cannot recognize Kosovo as an independent state not because they don't want to but because Philippines is also dealing with a separatist movement in the south that is seeking recognition, it does make sense to me as to why they are still adamant in recognizing Kosovo independence. And in line with this Kosovo representative to any pageant being hosted in the shore of the Philippines is kind of complicated. If you remember Miss Universe Kosovo 2016, she was able to compete in the philippines because she is using her Argentinian Passport, the past Miss Earth delegate competed in the shores of the Philippines are all Albanian Passport holder. While it my be arrange to a government to government approach it may take time and ultimately cost money to the organization and also does not give a hundred percent assurance that she;ll be granted and entry to the country. With this i'm hoping that Miss Kosovo Org and Miss Earth Org meet half way so someone from Kosovo will finally compete and represent Kosovo again in Miss Earth stage.
Miss Universe | Miss World | Miss International | Miss Earth

NOTHING FOLLOWS
MissPluto
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.

Real Life Name/Nick: Pete
Date of Birth: 11 Sep 1989
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Professor
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: Too many to mention