MISS EARTH 2018 | OFFICIAL COVERAGE

Re: ★♔• ROAD TO MISS EARTH 2018 •♔★

Postby billyracena » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:07 pm

FORMAT MISS EARTH 2018 (my proposal charot)

1. To save time and give way to showcase more the cadidates. Carousel should post the Top 10 Top Preliminary Scorers to their social media site or facebook before the program starts (1hr before the contest) or a prompt will show on our TV Screen all the Top 10 Scorers on each category(F&F, B&P, I&EA). Nakakabore kasi and time consuming yung every top 10 iannounce.

Possible selection of Top 18

(Scores from Preliminary Judging)
-Figure & Form (30%)
-Beauty & Poise (30%)
-Intelligence & Environmental Awareness (30%)
(Scores during the contest, basta bahala na kayo)
-Opening/Introduction/Confidence (10%)

2. Opening (Goddess attire)
3. Announcement of Top 18 & Judges intro

-break- (**changing of outfits to gown)

4. Top 18 (Gown outfit *30-60 seconds per candidate para makita and mashowcase talaga lahat ng aspect at di kami mabitin)

-Batch 1 (*30-60 seconds candidate. gown)
-(funvid)Precombiled of the candidates belong to top18 eco video/main advocacy(iedit nyo nalang to shorten it should be the juice ng buong eco video nila)
-break- (*Plss enough of this sponsored visit video presentation real talk ang boring)

-Batch 2 (*30-60 seconds per candidate, gown)
-(funvid)EcoVideo
-break- (*One reason to showcase their eco vid is that hindi lahat ng judges and audience nakapanuod ng eco vid nila)

Criteria for Top 8
-Average Score of Premilinary Score + Opening (60%)
-Evening Gown Criteria (35%)
-EcoVideoImpact (5%)

5. Top 18 on Stage (Gown)
6. Announcement of Top 8 Concurrently with Earth Talk Round
-break (***Change Gown to Swimsuit)

7. Top 8 Swimsuit Round ( 30-60 seconds per candidate)

Criteria for Top 4
-EarthTalkCriteria (60%)
-Swimsuit (40%)

-break (**Delibration of the board **Change Swimsuit to gown)
8. Intermission
9. Announcement of Top 4 Cuncurrently with Final Q and A.
-break (**sponsored visits or any promotion)
10. Final Look (2-3 mins per candidate)

Criteria for Miss Earth 2018
-Final Q&A (50%)
-Final Look (50%)
- Figure and Form
- Beauty and Poise
-break (**Deliberation of Board of who to select **sponsored visit or prepageant activities)

11. Farewell Walk
12. Announcemnt of Winners

billyracena
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Real Life Name/Nick: Dick
Date of Birth: 30 Sep 1991
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Stylist
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Chinese Zodiac: Goat
Hobbies/Interests: Playing Basketball

Postby billyracena » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:05 pm

FORMAT MISS EARTH 2018 (my proposal charot)

1. To save time and give way to showcase more the cadidates. Carousel should post the Top 10 Top Preliminary Scorers to their social media site or facebook before the program starts (1hr before the contest) or a prompt will show on our TV Screen all the Top 10 Scorers on each category(F&F, B&P, I&EA) during the Opening or before the Introduction of the Candidates. Nakakabore kasi and time consuming yung every top 10 iannounce.

@Selection of Top 18
(Scores from Preliminary Judging)
-Figure & Form (30%)
-Beauty & Poise (30%)
-Intelligence & Environmental Awareness (30%)
(Scores during the live contest)
-Opening/Introduction/Confidence (10%)

2. Opening (Goddess attire)
3. Announcement of Top 18 & Judges intro
-break- (**changing of outfits to gown)

4. Top 18 (All about the candidates, their advocacy)

-Batch 1 (*30-60 seconds per candidate. gown)
-(funvid)Precompiled of the candidates belong to top18 eco video/main advocacy(iedit nyo nalang to shorten it should be the juice ng buong eco video nila)
-break- (*Plss enough of this sponsored visit video presentation real talk ang boring)

-Batch 2 (*30-60 seconds per candidate, gown)
-(funvid)EcoVideo
-break- (*One reason to showcase their eco vid is that hindi lahat ng judges and audience nakapanuod ng eco vid nila and besides branding na din ng kanilang advocacy since sila na ang pagpipilian for Miss Earth Crown and isa pa wide dissemination din to ng kanilang advocacy and nagamit talaga with purpose yung Eco vid nila which is last edition parang ewan sya, like hanging sya)

@Criteria for Top 8
-Average Score of Preliminary Score + Opening (60%)
-Evening Gown Criteria (35%)
-EcoVideoImpact (5%)

5. Top 18 on Stage (Gown) + Announcement of Top 8 Concurrently with Earth Talk Round
-break (***Change Gown to Swimsuit)

6. Swimsuit Parade, all candidates + Top 8 Swimsuit Round ( 30-60 seconds per Top 8 candidate)

@Criteria for Top 4
-EarthTalkCriteria (60%)
-Swimsuit (40%)

-break (*ads/prepageant activities)

7. Intermission
-break (**Deliberation of the board **Change Swimsuit to Final Gown)

8. Top 8 on Stage + Announcement of Top 4 Concurrently with Final Q and A.
-break (**sponsored visits or any promotion)

9. Gown parade, all candidates wearing their gown + Final Look of Top 4 with Serenade (2-3 mins per candidate)

@Criteria for Miss Earth 2018
-Final Q&A (50%)
-Final Look (50%)
- Figure and Form
- Beauty and Poise
-break (**Deliberation of Board of who to select **sponsored visit or prepageant activities)

10. Farewell Walk
11. Announcement of Winners
billyracena
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Real Life Name/Nick: Dick
Date of Birth: 30 Sep 1991
Profession: Stylist
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Chinese Zodiac: Goat
Hobbies/Interests: Playing Basketball

Postby blunderer » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:10 pm

missearthnews wrote:I think Miss Earth should revamp its scoring system. There should be a final look and all things should be considered. The judges keep their biases on the candidate's final answer and not the over-all performance, so that the emerging winner should be the best performer of the night and not the girl who answered the best. Unless she performed well and got the best answer, or do i even make sense? =;))

Also, Carousel should brainstorm their judges too, that the winner should be facially beautiful, who can talk and who can sell the brand. Miss Earth should be a complete package, not just brains, one should have a beautiful face as well.

Chaperones too should end their biases with candidates who are of Filipino parentage, it get's shady every time they enter the TOP 16, up until the Final 4. I know Pinoys are too nationalistic, but this is Miss Earth, a BIG FUOR pageant. Pause your Filipino Pride thingy and open your eyes to candidates who are also deserving, for just a minute.

Anyway, with last years result, we can't blame National Directors from backing out because, hellllooooo earthlings, 3 winners in a span of 4 years is just a questionable feat, not to mention that Miss Earth is Philippine made. How i wished Thailand and Netherlands answered well in the hashtag round, the results could have been different. 90% of ME Trolls should have died right there and then.

Sweden from my point of view is different though, me thinks that Carousel did not renew their franchise for this year, hence the bomb.

fast forward. ME should crown a black barbie this year or USA or someone from Colombia or Mexico or South Africa. These countries have been working hard and their delegates are prepared too.

PS

Mareng Nawat's pageant system is still trash. :finger:

Now this is a well-rounded, not blind kind of view towards Miss Earth.
blunderer
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: Buong Buong Marcos
Date of Birth: 10 Feb 1988
Profession: Hot
Hobbies/Interests: Menace

Postby Handsama » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:12 am

missearthnews wrote:

Also, Carousel should brainstorm their judges too, that the winner should be facially beautiful, who can talk and who can sell the brand. Miss Earth should be a complete package, not just brains, one should have a beautiful face as well.

Chaperones too should end their biases with candidates who are of Filipino parentage, it get's shady every time they enter the TOP 16, up until the Final 4. I know Pinoys are too nationalistic, but this is Miss Earth, a BIG FUOR pageant. Pause your Filipino Pride thingy and open your eyes to candidates who are also deserving, for just a minute.

Anyway, with last years result, we can't blame National Directors from backing out because, hellllooooo earthlings, 3 winners in a span of 4 years is just a questionable feat, not to mention that Miss Earth is Philippine made. How i wished Thailand and Netherlands answered well in the hashtag round, the results could have been different. 90% of ME Trolls should have died right there and then.

1. Even if Ramon Monzon asks the judges to choose a beautiful winner, what makes you think they won’t still choose the Philippines? What may not be beautiful to you might be beautiful to them. Beauty is subjective. And I very much doubt they spend their valuable time checking out beauty pageant sites to figure who we find attractive.

2. The Philippines winning three times within a short span of time might seem “weird” (to use Camila’s description) but who are we to say that these women were underserving. They prepared as hard for the pageant. They sacrificed as much. They performed well when they had to. We all watched the same pageant. So rather than diminishing these women’s accomplishments, Filipinos ought to take pride in them because they won fair and square.

3. Do you realize that it took ~ 9 years after Jessika Trisko’s win for another delegate with Filipino heritage to enter the top 16 which meant many others didn’t make it far. So I don’t understand this insinuation that just because someone has Filipino blood means they’re gonna do well. Both Cloie and Nina were fan favorites to begin with so it’s not as if they came out of nowhere. Both of them made it to most top 16 predictions. So why diminish their accomplishments by suggesting that they made it far because of favoritism.

4. May I remind you that a chaperone’s score is just one aspect of the 5% score given to overall attitude. I think we give a chaperone too much credit.

Last edited by Handsama on Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Handsama
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 10 Jan 1987
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Secret
Hobbies/Interests: Reading

Postby Handsama » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:47 am

Final casting for Miss Earth Poland. Finalists to be announced soon.

Handsama

Postby Handsama » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:53 am

Victoria Stefano for Miss Earth Carabobo (a regional pageant for Miss Earth Venezuela 2018)
Handsama

Postby Handsama » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:35 am

Danijela Burjan for Miss Earth Slovenia 2018
Handsama

Postby missearthnews » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:41 am

Handsama wrote:[font=Times New Roman][color=#000099][size=150][b]
1. Even if Ramon Monzon asks the judges to choose a beautiful winner, what makes you think they won’t still choose the Philippines? What may not be beautiful to you might be beautiful to them. Beauty is subjective. And I very much doubt they spend their valuable time checking out beauty pageant sites to figure who we find attractive.

Dear, that is why the judges need to be oriented before the final night. They should know firstly what Carousel is looking for, that they shouldn't be persuaded by choosing only the best girl with the best answer, they should consider everything, confidence, body, poise, wit and beauty. The Final four is basically the cream of the crop. Any of the final 4 is a winner already. Choosing the best girl however is the tricky part, that is why Judges should be ORIENTED properly so that they choose the right girl, because the judges decision is final. They should choose a universal beauty that would represent the whole brand, that would boost ME's image to the international community. An image that the Miss Earth franchise is the most sought after. Don't you agree?

Beauty is subjective i know. But beauty should be universal as well, beauty where everybody can relate to. Not only blind followers who should be relating to Karen, skeptics too, haters as well. Don't you think?

Ramon Monzon may not be checking out sites like Misso, but i'm sure his minions are and i assure you that his minions, one way or another, takes a point or two, relays info's to their boss. Mr Monzon i'm sure gets the final and sanitized info for next day's agenda. Information my dear is fast nowadays. So don't give me that monzon-has-no-time-to-read-pageant-sites-crap.

Handsama wrote:
2. The Philippines winning three times within a short span of time might seem “weird” (to use Camila’s description) but who are we to say that these women were underserving. They prepared as hard for the pageant. They sacrificed as much. They performed well when they had to. We all watched the same pageant. So rather than diminishing these women’s accomplishments, Filipinos ought to take pride in them because they won fair and square.

Handsama wrote:
3. Do you realize that it took 8 years after Jessika Trisko’s win for another delegate with Filipino heritage to enter the top 16 which meant many others didn’t make it far. So I don’t understand this insinuation that just because someone has Filipino blood means they’re gonna do well. Both Cloie and Nina were fan favorites to begin with so it’s not as if they came out of nowhere. Both of them made it to most top 16 predictions. So why diminish their accomplishments by suggesting that they made it far because of favoritism.

Reality check dear! No matter how you put it, Philippines winning 3 times within a 4 year period is questionable. National Directors may or may not say anything about it, but they are having bad thoughts about it, like me having bad thoughts about Mustafa Elezali (ME Egypt ND) hihihi, they too are considering options. Even Miss Earth Sweden 2017 is saying that it's weird. That, normally shouldn't be happening.

Oh don't get me started with the girls accomplishments, everyone worked hard, every one is deserving to win, even Miss Philippines.

Just one question for you. Since ME judges has the final say on who should win, what if, just in case Celeste is as eloquent as Karen and got the best answer for the final question and got to win the Miss Earth 2018 title, another back to back, 4th crown for the Philippines in just 5 years. How would you feel? I'm sure you would in your uber understanding heart tell haters that she won fair and square. But how would other fans feel? How would other national directors feel? How would Mustafa feel emeged! (andrama ko na yata dito LOL)

Handsama wrote:
4. May I remind you that a chaperone’s score is just one aspect of the 5% score given to overall attitude. I think we give a chaperone too much credit.

yes i like remnding, very much. But are you sure that it is just 5%? I really don't know how much per cent, but are you sure? is that your final answer? Because my only reference is the number of placements for the Philippines year after year. Remember, Imelda not placing last 2016 because of bad attitude. I don't think the 5% pulled her down for entering the final cut. From the looks of it, it's not 5%. So i think you should be the one reminded. hihihi

Peace tayo ha. mwah mwah! hahaha
[/b][/size][/color][/font]
ImageImage
missearthnews
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Date of Birth: 09 Sep 1980
Profession: Newsmaker
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Hobbies/Interests: Miss Earth News

Postby UniversoMundoTierra » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:08 am

missearthnews wrote:

Dear, that is why the judges need to be oriented before the final night. They should know firstly what Carousel is looking for, that they shouldn't be persuaded by choosing only the best girl with the best answer, they should consider everything, confidence, body, poise, wit and beauty. The Final four is basically the cream of the crop. Any of the final 4 is a winner already. Choosing the best girl however is the tricky part, that is why Judges should be ORIENTED properly so that they choose the right girl, because the judges decision is final. They should choose a universal beauty that would represent the whole brand, that would boost ME's image to the international community. An image that the Miss Earth franchise is the most sought after. Don't you agree?

Beauty is subjective i know. But beauty should be universal as well, beauty where everybody can relate to. Not only blind followers who should be relating to Karen, skeptics too, haters as well. Don't you think?

Ramon Monzon may not be checking out sites like Misso, but i'm sure his minions are and i assure you that his minions, one way or another, takes a point or two, relays info's to their boss. Mr Monzon i'm sure gets the final and sanitized info for next day's agenda. Information my dear is fast nowadays. So don't give me that monzon-has-no-time-to-read-pageant-sites-crap.

Handsama wrote:

Handsama wrote:
3. Do you realize that it took 8 years after Jessika Trisko’s win for another delegate with Filipino heritage to enter the top 16 which meant many others didn’t make it far. So I don’t understand this insinuation that just because someone has Filipino blood means they’re gonna do well. Both Cloie and Nina were fan favorites to begin with so it’s not as if they came out of nowhere. Both of them made it to most top 16 predictions. So why diminish their accomplishments by suggesting that they made it far because of favoritism.

Reality check dear! No matter how you put it, Philippines winning 3 times within a 4 year period is questionable. National Directors may or may not say anything about it, but they are having bad thoughts about it, like me having bad thoughts about Mustafa Elezali (ME Egypt ND) hihihi, they too are considering options. Even Miss Earth Sweden 2017 is saying that it's weird. That, normally shouldn't be happening.

Oh don't get me started with the girls accomplishments, everyone worked hard, every one is deserving to win, even Miss Philippines.

Just one question for you. Since ME judges has the final say on who should win, what if, just in case Celeste is as eloquent as Karen and got the best answer for the final question and got to win the Miss Earth 2018 title, another back to back, 4th crown for the Philippines in just 5 years. How would you feel? I'm sure you would in your uber understanding heart tell haters that she won fair and square. But how would other fans feel? How would other national directors feel? How would Mustafa feel emeged! (andrama ko na yata dito LOL)

Handsama wrote:

yes i like remnding, very much. But are you sure that it is just 5%? I really don't know how much per cent, but are you sure? is that your final answer? Because my only reference is the number of placements for the Philippines year after year. Remember, Imelda not placing last 2016 because of bad attitude. I don't think the 5% pulled her down for entering the final cut. From the looks of it, it's not 5%. So i think you should be the one reminded. hihihi

So on point!!I so like your profound and very subjective answer.. unlike others who are only seeing and providing only the good side of the coin.. :-*
Universe and World

Earth-International

Supranational-Grand-Intercontinental-United Continents
UniversoMundoTierra
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: poi
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1986
Profession: travel consultant
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: doing extreme sports, cooking, travel

Postby UniversoMundoTierra » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:14 am

jalzamani wrote:
Handsama wrote:
Femina wrote:
ajsy0203 wrote:For me Thailand and India should also take a leave from the pageant in order not to give heavier weight (pabigat) on Carousel's hands especially some of the unruly Asian pageant fans.

Commenting here since India was brought up.

Be rest assured, India won't be represented in a year or two from now. There are no takers of this competition here.

Some foreigner lady from Singapore elects the clapper girls who do not even pass the first screening of Femina Miss India, let alone the finalists, in exchange of some payment.

Infact Natasha was asked during the auditions of FMI 18 about re-acquisition of Earth and International, to which she replied, she has no time to waste there. Hahaha

Poor India...thank the Lord for Julia Morley. :%))

yes thank you so much julia for helping us throw away those irrelevant joke pageants [-O< :!! :!! >=p

Well India has its own reason and what they see in this pageant.
Universe and World

Earth-International

UniversoMundoTierra

Postby UniversoMundoTierra » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:17 am

ajsy0203 wrote:Had they interchanged the Earth Talks Round (1st) and Swimsuit Round (2nd) just like Miss Earth Philippines, I think Netherlands would had made it to the Final 4?

I agree that talk round should take first in the first cut.. to filter the best of the best... unlike last year they cut some early faves like USA and PR and others who can relay theur thoughts well.
Universe and World

Earth-International

UniversoMundoTierra

Postby Handsama » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:59 am

@ missearthnews- I’m not fighting with you. I’m making counter arguments. I just couldn’t stand it when people make unfounded claims against Miss Earth as if they’re facts. I just had to respond. :)>-

1. Judging criteria for Miss Earth

30% intelligence
35% beauty
20% form & figure
10% poise
5% attitude

And I believe Imelds’s downfall was her interview more than her attitude. When she reported that she felt insulted when people laughed at her answers, I knew then that her interview didn’t go the way she wanted it to.

2. The judges are given instructions by Ramon Monzon before the finals. That we know. But how do you know that they aren’t being oriented properly? Have you been to one of those orientations? Rather than driving yourself crazy with speculations, it’s best to admit that you just want Mr Monzon to tell the judges not to let the Philippines win again. :-j

3. I’m not talking about Carousel checking out the pageant sites. I’m talking about the finals night judges. Do you really think someone like Shontelle browses Misso? It’s more than likely that she and the other foreign judges didn’t even know that the Philippines had a B2B win at Miss Earth recently.

4. I agree that the Philippines winning again has created paranoia. And with Pinoys invading every pageant site out there accusing Carousel of various shenanigans, it isn’t surprising. But what do you want Carousel to do then? Manipulate the results. Tell the judges to stop the Philippines from winning. The Philippines might as well not send a delegate.

5. Just like most everyone here, I’d rather see other countries who haven’t won yet win the elemental crowns. But I won’t wish for Celeste to lose either. If she gives the best performance of her life that night and wins another crown for the Philippines, then so be it. Even knowing the tremendous hate that will follow, I will still celebrate her win as long as she won it fair and square. Even if Miss Earth goes down in flames as a result, I will still be a proud Earthling knowing that the org stood by its principles up until the end. But the moment Carousel does a Julia Morley, I’m out! :%))
Last edited by Handsama on Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Handsama

Postby missearthnews » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:05 am

UniversoMundoTierra wrote:
missearthnews wrote:

Handsama wrote:

Handsama wrote:

Handsama wrote:

So on point!!I so like your profound and very subjective answer.. unlike others who are only seeing and providing only the good side of the coin.. :-*

i am an Earthling. I will defend Miss Earth if i need to, i will bash Mareng Nawat if I want to, but as much as i want the ME System to succeed, i will also prick them if i see something is wrong.

i know.. i know... Mr Monzon does not have time to read pageant sites like Misso, so my views won't matter. ;,)
ImageImage
missearthnews

Postby missearthnews » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:20 am

Handsama wrote:@ missearthnews- I’m not fighting with you. I’m making counter arguments. I just couldn’t stand it when people make unfounded claims against Miss Earth as if they’re facts. I just had to respond. :)>-

1. Judging criteria for Miss Earth

30% intelligence
35% beauty
20% form & figure
10% poise
5% attitude

And I believe Imelds’s downfall was her interview more than her attitude. When she reported that she felt insulted when people laughed at her answers, I knew then that her interview didn’t go the way she wanted it to.

2. The judges are given instructions by Ramon Monzon before the finals. That we know. But how do you know that they aren’t being oriented properly? Have you been to one of those orientations? Rather than driving yourself crazy with speculations, it’s best to admit that you just want Mr Monzon to tell the judges not to let the Philippines win again. :-j

3. I’m not talking about Carousel checking out the pageant sites. I’m talking about the finals night judges. Do you really think someone like Shontelle spends her time here at Misso? It’s more than likely that she and the other foreign judges don’t even know that the Philippines had a B2B win at Miss Earth recently.

4. I agree that the Philippines winning again has created paranoia. And with Pinoys invading every pageant site out there accusing Carousel of various shenanigans, it isn’t surprising. But what do you want Carousel to do then? Manipulate the results. Tell the judges to stop the Philippines from winning. The Philippines might as well not send a delegate.

5. Just like most everyone here, I’d rather see other countries who haven’t won yet win the elemental crowns. But I won’t wish for Celeste to lose either. If she gives the best performance of her life that night and wins another crown for the Philippines, then so be it. Even knowing the tremendous hate that will follow, I will still celebrate her win as long as she won it fair and square. Even if Miss Earth goes down in flames as a result, I will still be a proud Earthling knowing that the org stood by its principles up until the end. But the moment Carousel does a Julia Morley, I’m out! :%))

- Based from the final results last year, yes i am speculating that judges are not oriented properly.

- Carousel telling the judges to stop Philippines from winning again is extreme, but i like the idea! I also like the idea of not sending an Philippine delegate this year. of course i am joking. I am just so glad that we have a beautiful winner this year, as mush as i wanted her to win, please Lourd, save us!

- if PH wins this year, you know what? imma bring out my popcorn and watch Carousel fall down brick by brick. Kumareng Nawat would be so happy i'm sure! :%))
ImageImage
missearthnews

Postby ajsy0203 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:16 am

You are depriving Celeste the chance to win the title fairly by the distinguished panel of judges? :|
ajsy0203
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Profession: Office Staff
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching

Postby La Tierra » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:40 am

I think they should go back to the old format:

Top 16 Announcement

Swimsuit
Evening Gown

Top 8

Hashtag Round

Top 4

Crowning

Seriously, the calling of the top girls of every round of the preliminaries was sooooooo dragging. They could've just made a short AVP on that.

They're now rushing the swimsuit and evening gown competitions which are among the most enjoyable segments of the show.

Seriously, Carousel. Just show an AVP on the top girls transparency whatever-you-wanna-call-it thing. It's eating up much airtime.
HOLA! COME VISIT AND JOIN OUR GROWING FAMILY!

YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/c/LaReinaDeBelleza

FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/lareinapaginaoficial
La Tierra
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: AAA
Date of Birth: 01 Feb 1981
Profession: BPO
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Hobbies/Interests: Internet, Music, Fashion, Current Events

Postby ajsy0203 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:13 am

La Tierra wrote:I think they should go back to the old format:

Top 16 Announcement

Swimsuit
Evening Gown

Top 8

Hashtag Round

Top 4

Crowning

Seriously, the calling of the top girls of every round of the preliminaries was sooooooo dragging. They could've just made a short AVP on that.

They're now rushing the swimsuit and evening gown competitions which are among the most enjoyable segments of the show.

Seriously, Carousel. Just show an AVP on the top girls transparency whatever-you-wanna-call-it thing. It's eating up much airtime.

I think Hashtag Round and Swimsuit Round should combined because the bashers will complain again if their bet eliminated solely on Hashtag (too brainy) rather than combined with 2 rounds? I think the format of MEP was really effective to give the girls who struggled in the hashtag round the final chance to impress with the judges thru swimsuit round.
ajsy0203

Postby lesham » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:26 am

Top 16 Announcement

Swimsuit
Evening Gown

Top 8

Hashtag Round

Top 4

Crowning

They should just scrap the "Hashtag Round". Some of the hashtags used in this portion were not known in some parts of the globe.

Instead, Miss Earth should go back to its old format.

Top 16
Swimsuit
Top 8
Evening Gown
Top 4
Q and A
Add Final Look
Crowning
Thank you FunX3 for this amazing collage!
ALPHA OF 2010s
MW-2013
MU-1969,1973,2015,2018
MI-1964,1970,1979,2005,2013,2016
ME-2008,2014,2015,2017
MS- 2013
MIC- 2018, 2021
lesham

Real Life Name/Nick: Lesham
Date of Birth: 22 Nov 1997
Profession: Student
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Postby La Tierra » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:28 am

ajsy0203 wrote:

Top 16 Announcement

Swimsuit
Evening Gown

Top 8

Hashtag Round

Top 4

Crowning

I think Hashtag Round and Swimsuit Round should combined because the bashers will complain again if their bet eliminated solely on Hashtag (too brainy) rather than combined with 2 rounds? I think the format of MEP was really effective to give the girls who struggled in the hashtag round the final chance to impress with the judges thru swimsuit round.

You mean, average the scores of the Hashtag and Swimsuit? Where do we place the evening gown competition then?

I mean, it's been an okay format then. They just revamped it to appease the capricious fans who want airtime for some favorite girls who won't make the Top 16.

I don't care if they average Swimsuit-Hashtag or Swimsuit-Evening Gown, or maybe all three. Just have full segments for those competitions.

The current format is annoying.

La Tierra

Postby La Tierra » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:35 am

lesham wrote:

Top 16 Announcement

Swimsuit
Evening Gown

Top 8

Hashtag Round

Top 4

Crowning

They should just scrap the "Hashtag Round". Some of the hashtags used in this portion were not known in some parts of the globe.

Instead, Miss Earth should go back to its old format.

Top 16
Swimsuit
Top 8
Evening Gown
Top 4
Q and A
Add Final Look
Crowning

I kind of agree. They should just ask straight questions about current events, the environment, etc.
And I think the swimsuit and evening gown competitions come right before the Top 8 announcement, at least in recent years, before ME felt it's best to give the thank-you girls some pa-consuelo de bobo. loljk

La Tierra

Postby Geeyourhair » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:32 pm

So this debate over last year's win still not over yet.

Here is my take. Karen wasn't my bet last year, in fact it was Puerto Rico. But if you put your biases aside for being a pageant fanatic, you would know that Karen deserves her win. If Karen wore a USA sash, or African sash....I bet most of the bekes here will shout for joy. You think Karen did not deserve this because she is a Filipino and a Filipino owns Miss Earth. I am not trying to defend Karen but she has the goods to be Miss Earth--she has the body, she has the beauty (not as beautiful as you wanted it to be like a European or Latina beauty, she's Asian for God's sake!) and above all she tops the brain department. IF you want Miss Earth to put so much premium on beauty then might as well change the title to Miss Face of the Earth. And mind you...miss universe has done this a lot of times...crowning not the prettiest ladies but the brainiest one (e.g. 1997, 1998, 1999).

ANd so that means the winner of the debate for me is...Handsama hands down.
Geeyourhair

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1995
Profession: Professional
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: social media

Postby MissPluto » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:57 pm

[quote="missofan705"]I know that MUThailand doesn't have the Miss Earth franchise anymore, but with their contestants this year, I would've wanted to see Valentina Ploy be Paweensuda Drouin's successor.

[b][color=#0040FF]
The last time i checked the list they still have it and one of the few countries who paid their franchise fee early. MUThailand still holds the franchise but they need a new person for the "National Director" post since the guy who handles it before resigned after Paweensuda's lost last year.
Miss Universe | Miss World | Miss International | Miss Earth

NOTHING FOLLOWS
MissPluto
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.

Real Life Name/Nick: Pete
Date of Birth: 11 Sep 1989
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Professor
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: Too many to mention

Postby justpassingby » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:35 pm

MissPluto wrote:
missofan705 wrote:I know that MUThailand doesn't have the Miss Earth franchise anymore, but with their contestants this year, I would've wanted to see Valentina Ploy be Paweensuda Drouin's successor.
[b][color=#0040FF]
The last time i checked the list they still have it and one of the few countries who paid their franchise fee early. MUThailand still holds the franchise but they need a new person for the "National Director" post since the guy who handles it before resigned after Paweensuda's lost last year.

Oh so like they have a proxy ND post? What's with the particular arrangement though? And I remember that that "Miss Earth News" blog stated that a certain Nott Sutthilux(?) was supposed to be new Thailand's ND in an old post so whatever happened to that?
justpassingby

Real Life Name/Nick: ror.
Date of Birth: 19 Sep 1995
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: ror.
Hobbies/Interests: ehhh.

Postby blunderer » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:16 am

Meanwhile Nawat is getting a gorgeous Indian queen and Miss Earth has NADA

blunderer

Real Life Name/Nick: Buong Buong Marcos
Date of Birth: 10 Feb 1988
Profession: Hot
Hobbies/Interests: Menace

Postby filipinoako28 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:43 am

sleuth08 wrote:
Handsama wrote:
ajsy0203 wrote:
Jayincy wrote:
Miss Earth News
by: Karinne Rosas
http://missearthnews.blogspot.com/

a lot of miss earth fans have asked me about a recent pageant that treated the miss earth title very bad , well i know what happened behind the scenes but i would rather not waste anytime on a pageant that does not honor the miss earth title and would easily get swayed by free trips,dirty money and under the table dealings to put down another pageant. they are a waste of time and i would rather focus on the franchises that honor the miss earth title with respect, dignity and integrity.prime example is the miss korea pageant, the owner of miss korea pageant was recently at the carousel productions office to renew the franchise for miss earth 2018 and it was discussed that the main winner of miss korea pageant , the biggest and most established pageant in korea will be sent to miss earth 2018. miss earth korea 2017 hannah lee was also present during the meeting between carousel productions and miss korea organization meeting.

I think the recent Ceska Miss' titles shakeup that Miss Earth News blogspot is talking about, so she knew about that shake up and possibility that the franchise might be revoked?

I knew it! Lipinski (Supra) and Dominguez (GB) struck again. X( From now on, Carousel must exercise extreme caution when awarding franchises to NDs who also carry the Supra franchise. Having Supra as one of the titles is bad news. Remember what happened in Myanmar and in Turkey.

I still think Misso made the wrong call when it created the so called Big 5. Why reward an org that doesn’t know how to play by the rules. :)(

NOT SURPRISED WHY THIS HAPPENED. SUPRA IS SO DESPERATE. LOOK AT THEIR NUMBER OF DELEGATES:2015 - 82, 2016 - 71, 2017 - 65. WON'T BE SURPRISED IF THE NUMBERS GO DOWN FURTHER

Wait, what?!? Hold up. I don’t follow the pageant but really, only 65 entrants last year? And to think Misso sometimes places it higher than ME. I for sure was thinking that Supra was thriving and doing better since a lot of forumers here are praising its production to high heavens. That’s a bit sad especially when you make an effort to visit other countries out of your own pockets (I have read somewhere that all expenses for Miss Supra travels are handled by the org) Maybe they can adapt an advocacy or wven a tagline just to put “meat” on the pageant
filipinoako28

Date of Birth: 09 Mar 1983
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Financial analyst
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Pig
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing the net

Postby ajsy0203 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:45 am

filipinoako28 wrote:
sleuth08 wrote:
Handsama wrote:
ajsy0203 wrote:
Jayincy wrote:
Miss Earth News
by: Karinne Rosas
http://missearthnews.blogspot.com/

a lot of miss earth fans have asked me about a recent pageant that treated the miss earth title very bad , well i know what happened behind the scenes but i would rather not waste anytime on a pageant that does not honor the miss earth title and would easily get swayed by free trips,dirty money and under the table dealings to put down another pageant. they are a waste of time and i would rather focus on the franchises that honor the miss earth title with respect, dignity and integrity.prime example is the miss korea pageant, the owner of miss korea pageant was recently at the carousel productions office to renew the franchise for miss earth 2018 and it was discussed that the main winner of miss korea pageant , the biggest and most established pageant in korea will be sent to miss earth 2018. miss earth korea 2017 hannah lee was also present during the meeting between carousel productions and miss korea organization meeting.

I think the recent Ceska Miss' titles shakeup that Miss Earth News blogspot is talking about, so she knew about that shake up and possibility that the franchise might be revoked?

I knew it! Lipinski (Supra) and Dominguez (GB) struck again. X( From now on, Carousel must exercise extreme caution when awarding franchises to NDs who also carry the Supra franchise. Having Supra as one of the titles is bad news. Remember what happened in Myanmar and in Turkey.

I still think Misso made the wrong call when it created the so called Big 5. Why reward an org that doesn’t know how to play by the rules. :)(

NOT SURPRISED WHY THIS HAPPENED. SUPRA IS SO DESPERATE. LOOK AT THEIR NUMBER OF DELEGATES:2015 - 82, 2016 - 71, 2017 - 65. WON'T BE SURPRISED IF THE NUMBERS GO DOWN FURTHER

Wait, what?!? Hold up. I don’t follow the pageant but really, only 65 entrants last year? And to think Misso sometimes places it higher than ME. I for sure was thinking that Supra was thriving and doing better since a lot of forumers here are praising its production to high heavens. That’s a bit sad especially when you make an effort to visit other countries out of your own pockets (I have read somewhere that all expenses for Miss Supra travels are handled by the org) Maybe they can adapt an advocacy or wven a tagline just to put “meat” on the pageant

Holding 3 pageants on the same weekend at the same venue could be the burden of Miss Supranational?
Miss Supranational on Friday
Mister Supranational on Saturday
Miss Polski on Sunday

I think some NDs can't afford to send delegates to both Miss and Mister Supranational pageants? Another thing could be lack of advocacy or meant to be a ticket to show business?
ajsy0203

Postby fermnedoza » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:22 am

With regards to some people's opinion that Carousel MUST ORIENT the final's judges about what they are looking for and should look for in a possible winner; please be rest assured that they (the judges) were oriented , the problem was on how these judges interpret the criteria of judging.

Remember that during last year's pageant, James Deakin, reminded the judges that they should judge the girls based on beauty as each of the top 16 were called on-stage. Alas, Karen still made it to the top 8 which only means that her kind of beauty hit and clicked among the final's judges when its totally ignored by the preliminary judges.
fermnedoza
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: fernan
Date of Birth: 19 Sep 1975
Profession: sales representative
Hobbies/Interests: reading books and browsing the internet.
Message: thanks for offering us a site where we could share ideas and share our passion for beauty pageants.

Postby ajsy0203 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:09 pm

Finally the loyal earthlings can interact with the current elemental court of Miss Earth Philippines:
ajsy0203

Postby Handsama » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:26 am

Last edited by Handsama on Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Handsama

Postby The Duchess » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:51 am

30% intelligence
35% beauty
20% form & figure
10% poise
5% attitude

I actually don't think they are following this format as religiously as they should in terms of choosing the Top 15 to be completely honest, if they did Panama and PR should have been there. I don't have an issue with Karen winning, despite the obvious reasons, but I do have an issue with the fact that one of the main reasons it was so easy for her to win (and yes I knew the moment the Top was announce) for her to win was not only her obvious intelligence but that 2 of the best contestants didn't even got in. That's my only issue with the scoring, its not as logical as it seems.
The Duchess
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 01 Sep 1995
Profession: Costume Design
Hobbies/Interests: Arts, Music, Literature

PreviousNext

Return to Miss Earth