MISS EARTH 2018 | OFFICIAL COVERAGE

Re: ★♔• VIETNAM WINS MISS EARTH 2018 •♔★

Postby Geeyourhair » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:49 pm

uzumaki wrote:
MissPluto wrote:
Geeyourhair wrote:So if this senate investigation pushes through (which I think should not be done coz it's a waste of taxpayers money and the issue isn't even clear from the accuser side). I really wish Canada, England, and Guam will attend and let's see how they answer the questions from the senators. I think this is where the lies (or shall we say the inconsistencies) of Canada will be highlighted. MEO's side is very safe because it is very clear the organization is clearly doing something and many can attest to it. It will be a soap opera in the senate between the three girls and Amado.

I'd love to see how they will defend their claims and where will they find their evidences, sure they can bring other girls to support them but once this girls put on question and ask them relevant questions such us, do you have the same experience, if you do explain or did you see it happening, when and how? do you have evidence to support the claims. I 'd love to see how Miss Canada and England reacts and explain.

I don't think the Senate has to power to compel them to testify unless they are willing to go back. But true, I would like to see how this girls can defend their claims as all they have right now are each other's statements

That maybe the reason why England is DM previous delegates to gather more statements to strengthen their claims.

If the three girls could not attend...then there is no reason Senate can begin the investigation. The complainants are the three girls and no one else. Who are they going to investigate? Amado can not just come to the Senate without any complainant at all. ME can not represent the girls as well because they do not even have a written report from these girls. What they have are just mere instagram posts. I don't think the Senate will waste their precious time with instagram posts with no one to answer the loopholes on those posts.

Geeyourhair
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1995
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Professional
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: social media

Postby manoypoe » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:57 pm

CAMBODIA

Feeling just like yesterday! Congratulations to everyone for our accomplishment, we made all our country proud. I really hope to see you again soon. Lots of love from #MissEarthCambodia2018 #MissEarth2018

manoypoe
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.

Date of Birth: 15 Apr 1975
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Assassin of Idiots
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Web surfing

Postby Nand » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:01 pm

More Miss Earth bets urged to report sexual harassment
By: Armin P. Adina - @inquirerdotnet
Philippine Daily Inquirer / 07:16 AM November 10, 2018

CROWNING MOMENT Glitz and glamor light up the Miss Earth coronation night on Nov. 3 at SM Mall of Asia Arena in Pasay City. —RICHARD A. REYES

The company that organized the recent staging of Miss Earth beauty pageant in the country has encouraged more contestants to come forward if they also experienced sexual harassment during the competition, after three delegates took to social media earlier this week to complain.

“The Miss Earth organization does not condone or tolerate any rude or immoral behavior toward the delegates by sponsors or anybody for that matter. I immediately instructed our project director to ban the alleged perpetrator from all further functions and events,” said Lorraine Schuck, executive vice president of Carousel Productions Inc.

All the delegates were asked to submit a written statement “to enable me to find out directly from them if they experienced a similar incident so we could take appropriate action. I also wanted to find out if any of the other delegates could corroborate the complaint of Miss Canada and Miss England so we could use the statements to help the two in case they decide to file a case against the alleged harasser,” Schuck said in a statement issued on Thursday night.

Three candidates—Miss Canada Jaime Vandenberg, Miss England Abbey-Anne Gyles-Brown and Miss Guam Emma Mae Sheedy—shared on social media this week how a pageant sponsor—later identified by Sheedy as businessman Amado S. Cruz—allegedly made sexual advances on them, and made them feel “unsafe” and “uncomfortable.”

‘Feeling exploited’

Cruz, whose social media account described him as president of New Qualitrans Inc., a car rental company, and CEO/president of Offshore Construction and Development Co., has been a longtime sponsor of the pageant.

On her Instagram account, Vandenberg said she left the competition because she “did not feel safe” after a sponsor stalked her and insinuated that sexual favors would improve her chances in the competition.

Gyles-Brown followed suit and also posted on Instagram that half of her good experiences in the pageant “was overshadowed by feeling exploited, vulnerable, unnerved and sexually harassed” by a certain pageant sponsor.

Sheedy said on her Instagram account: “A specific sponsor from the Manila Yacht Club would change the way I see pageantry and sponsors. The sponsor [whose] name is Amado S. Cruz became a problem for many of the delegates, including myself.”

She added: “Cruz grabbed my bare backside at the national costume competition where I was able to push him away, but he consistently told me not to tell anyone about any of the instances.”

‘Corroborated’

The three said they initially told their team managers about the incidents and, when nothing happened, directed their complaint to Schuck. But although Schuck had promised to banish Cruz from the remaining events in the competition, he was still present until the coronation night, they added.

Schuck said she was made aware of the complaints by the “team managers” who took care of the women and that she talked to Gyles-Brown on the phone to verify what was reported to her. “I believe her [account],” she said.

Schuck said Cruz also “corroborated” Gyles-Brown’s story that he indeed approached her to ask if she wanted to see Boracay. She then told him of the organization’s decision to ban him from the event. “I told him some of the girls were not comfortable. He cannot be around them.” He felt bad because he believed he “did not do anything wrong,” she added.

Schuck also bewailed that the three candidates had raised their concerns on social media instead of directing them to her.

“That [Instagram statement] was not what Miss England told me. If she had told me what she said on Instagram, I would have freaked out,” she said.

On allegations that Cruz still showed up in several pageant events despite complaints against him being brought to Carousel’s attention, Schuck said she did not have any control in public places, such as the hotels where the candidates were staying and the Arena where the final ceremonies were held.

Schuck also clarified reports that the organizers confiscated the delegates’ passports. “We [held] them for safekeeping and to facilitate the delegates’ check-in for flights and hotel accommodations. The delegates [were] free to keep their passports if they want[ed] to.”

Unwritten rule

Several candidates have denied knowledge of sexual harassment incidents in the pageant.

Katherine McClure, Canada’s representative in 2005, said she “was never personally harassed or otherwise coerced to do anything of a sexual nature in my time.”

But McClure acknowledged that “most women faced some level of sexual harassment or coercion at some point … relating to sponsors.”

“There was an unwritten rule in pageantry regarding sponsors. They’re the bread and butter and so your job is to keep them happy,” she said. “Their favorites are boosted in the rankings and if you fall from their grace you plummet. This has never been explicitly said to me … but we all knew that it was expected because it only makes sense, don’t bite the hand that feeds you.”

Meanwhile, Manila Yacht Club (MYC) clarified that Cruz was not a member of MYC, where he sponsored a dinner for the beauty queens on Oct. 14. He may have been sponsored by a club member so he could hold the event there, it said.

Read more: https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1052368/m ... z5WemDulYG
Nand
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1985
Hobbies/Interests: Swimming

Postby Geeyourhair » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:11 pm

So from that article above from Inquirer seems that even England has some inconsistencies then. She is not telling Lorraine everything yet she has the guts to shout at her "Shut the F_ck off" as per Cuba. Wow!
Geeyourhair

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1995
Profession: Professional
Hobbies/Interests: social media

Postby MissEarthFollower » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:28 pm

She’s so posh and high end. Hahahaha! Love her.
MissEarthFollower
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 10 May 1989
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Publishing
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry

Postby manoypoe » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:53 pm

ARGENTINA

Release what weighs. Love what you have. Thanks what comes.
Have a good night! I keep remembering my month in the Philippines with these beautiful postcards

manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:56 pm

NIGERIA

How i smile knowing that the Earth just got a New Earth Warrior.
Note: ALWAYS TURN A NEGATIVE SITUATION INTO A POSITIVE SITUATION ...says my ND
@ibinabofiberesima (QUEEN BAE)

manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:58 pm

SLOVENIA

A smile is the universal welcome. Thank you Legazpy city.
@missearthslovenia

manoypoe

Postby ravissante » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:42 am

The Gods Must be Crazy

1. Stop victim shaming! Not one of those who bashed, maligned, imputed bad motives, lambasted or victim-shamed Miss Canada, despite corroboration of the sexual harassment and even if acknowledging that there may indeed have been sexual harassment, has apologized to her nor to the readers of this forum for their atrocious behavior. In fact, many continue to cast aspersions on her person (now including Miss England and Miss Guam), insisting that there are a lot of inconsistencies in her story. The purported inconsistencies point to her behavior after the alleged incident. How each one reacts to a sexual harassment incident differs from person to person. There is no playbook as to how victims would respond to the incident by which we can gauge whether the claim is bogus or not because victims are enveloped with all sorts of feelings and doubts. There may be denial, shame, self-blaming, fear, and apprehension of victim-shaming. Some never report the incident. Some take years or decades (read: Trump and Cosby cases) to speak up. Victims never act logically because of these feelings and doubts. Proof that their doubts are valid is precisely how a lot of you reacted.

2. MEO must take responsibility. The incident occurred during an official function of the pageant while the girls were under the care and supervision of MEO. The pageant might have taken a lot of precautions and security measures to protect the girls but they were clearly not enough or appropriate. Thus, MEO is negligent in that respect. They sponsored the event where the incident occurred. They invited the perpetrator to the event. Who else brought about the incident but MEO? They should have realized that an incident of this sort could happen in this kind of gathering. They should have not organized parties with sponsors to begin with. There could be a meet and greet but a nighttime affair with liquor is certainly a recipe for disaster. (Take note that there was also an officially-sanctioned party with Revillame. Another head scratcher.) MEO should at the very first instance should already have taken responsibility instead of making excuses. They did promise to pursue legal remedies against the perpetrator and make changes in the pageant but that is clearly an after the fact reaction.

Passionate support for the pageant is one thing; unreasoning zeal is another.
ravissante
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: sandra
Date of Birth: 18 Jan 1992
Profession: Instructor
Hobbies/Interests: movies, pageants

Postby LonFlores » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:10 am

[quote="ravissante"][size=150][color=#BF4000]
The Gods Must be Crazy

1. Stop victim shaming! Not one of those who bashed, maligned, imputed bad motives, lambasted or victim-shamed Miss Canada, despite corroboration of the sexual harassment and even if acknowledging that there may indeed have been sexual harassment, has apologized to her nor to the readers of this forum for their atrocious behavior. In fact, many continue to cast aspersions on her person (now including Miss England and Miss Guam), insisting that there are a lot of inconsistencies in her story. The purported inconsistencies point to her behavior after the alleged incident. How each one reacts to a sexual harassment incident differs from person to person. There is no playbook as to how victims would respond to the incident by which we can gauge whether the claim is bogus or not because victims are enveloped with all sorts of feelings and doubts. There may be denial, shame, self-blaming, fear, and apprehension of victim-shaming. Some never report the incident. Some take years or decades (read: Trump and Cosby cases) to speak up. Victims never act logically because of these feelings and doubts. Proof that their doubts are valid is precisely how a lot of you reacted.

2. MEO must take responsibility. The incident occurred during an official function of the pageant while the girls were under the care and supervision of MEO. The pageant might have taken a lot of precautions and security measures to protect the girls but they were clearly not enough or appropriate. Thus, MEO is negligent in that respect. They sponsored the event where the incident occurred. They invited the perpetrator to the event. Who else brought about the incident but MEO? They should have realized that an incident of this sort could happen in this kind of gathering. They should have not organized parties with sponsors to begin with. There could be a meet and greet but a nighttime affair with liquor is certainly a recipe for disaster. (Take note that there was also an officially-sanctioned party with Revillame. Another head scratcher.) MEO should at the very first instance should already have taken responsibility instead of making excuses. They did promise to pursue legal remedies against the perpetrator and make changes in the pageant but that is clearly an after the fact reaction.

Passionate support for the pageant is one thing; unreasoning zeal is another.
[/color][/size][/quote]

A perfect example of someone who speaks with partiality. Halata teh pagka-negative mo sa ME. Be neutral teh. Speak with reason, motivated by knowing the truth be it against England, Guam and Canada or ME. Prejudged mo na ME. Yan problema sa inyong nga hater.
LonFlores
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Lon Flores
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1990
Profession: Artist
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing

Postby Handsama » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:32 pm

Watch Miss Earth Cuba share her personal thoughts on Miss Earth. She also gave her personal opinions on the allegations of sexual harrasment against a particular sponsor.

Click

CTTO: Miss Earth Moments
Handsama
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 10 Jan 1987
Profession: Secret
Hobbies/Interests: Reading

Postby manoypoe » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:39 pm

MISS EARTH FIRE - MELISSA FLORES

This moment was all, wait there standing with the best posture and the biggest smile, asking God that the months of effort and dedication were worth during the month of concentration, full of nerves and emotion at the same time, I was waiting anxiously that moment when the announcer mentioned my country ... Until I heard it: "MEXICO! "I still remember and I get sentimental (and I'm very crying haha) and I think that will be forever because these moments are unforgettable, I can only say thank you God. #missearthfire2018 #missearth2018 #missearthmexico2018 #goddessesoftheearth

manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:44 pm

francris1031
1 universe , 9 planets, 195 countries, 7 seas, 6 billion people... and I had the privilege of meeting you. Mi mejor amigas en Miss Earth 2018. I miss you both sooo much. I am looking forward to the day that we’ll see each other again. Love you both, always! xoxo.

diagas9 (honduras)
why are you making me cry? I miss you a lot and I'm sure that someday the three of us will meet again. You are the sweetest person in the world.

dianasf_(venezuela)
Omg... Undoubtedly the best thing in the contest was having met you. People like you do not know each other every day, and I have the privilege of saying that you are my friends. I miss you a lot and soon we'll see each other.

manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:50 pm

SLOVENIA

At today's press conference I received my new @mini car to drive me around. Thank you @avtoaktiv_ak and @missearthslovenia group. I am wearing divine dress from @salon_krinolina and beautiful earrings from @perla.si

manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:53 pm

JAPAN

When I part with everyone in the air group,
I received a message in Japanese

I miss you all

manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:05 pm

GREECE

Dress: @tranoulis.fashion #missearth #missearth2018 #missearthgreece2018 #missearthgreece #environmentaladvocacy #MissearthgoesPlasticFree

= JUST LIKE JAPAN, SHE STILL IN MISS EARTH MOOD..
manoypoe

Postby Busyboy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:52 am

manoypoe wrote:
MISS EARTH FIRE - MELISSA FLORES

This moment was all, wait there standing with the best posture and the biggest smile, asking God that the months of effort and dedication were worth during the month of concentration, full of nerves and emotion at the same time, I was waiting anxiously that moment when the announcer mentioned my country ... Until I heard it: "MEXICO! "I still remember and I get sentimental (and I'm very crying haha) and I think that will be forever because these moments are unforgettable, I can only say thank you God. #missearthfire2018 #missearth2018 #missearthmexico2018 #goddessesoftheearth

Ayun oh! Mexico is so good looking. But I can't help but notice Vietnam on the background. She is effortlessly gorgeous even blurred!
THE BIG FOUR

M U - M W - M E - M I
Busyboy

Date of Birth: 31 May 1984
Profession: Hobbyist
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: Travel/Trivia

Postby Busyboy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:55 am

manoypoe wrote:
SLOVENIA

At today's press conference I received my new @mini car to drive me around. Thank you @avtoaktiv_ak and @missearthslovenia group. I am wearing divine dress from @salon_krinolina and beautiful earrings from @perla.si

Wow! She's still very beautiful and looks like she's still in the competition... And I thought she was wearing a Sash that says only "Miss Earth". But no, there was a fine print of "Slovenia" below... Hehehe.... Nice play Slovenia, nice play... =c3 =c3 =c3
THE BIG FOUR

M U - M W - M E - M I
Busyboy

Postby Handsama » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:32 am

Telma with the Mayor of Povoa de Varzim. The work continues! :=p

Handsama

Date of Birth: 10 Jan 1987
Profession: Secret
Hobbies/Interests: Reading

Postby cindy_kato » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:36 am

Geeyourhair wrote:
uzumaki wrote:
MissPluto wrote:
Geeyourhair wrote:So if this senate investigation pushes through (which I think should not be done coz it's a waste of taxpayers money and the issue isn't even clear from the accuser side). I really wish Canada, England, and Guam will attend and let's see how they answer the questions from the senators. I think this is where the lies (or shall we say the inconsistencies) of Canada will be highlighted. MEO's side is very safe because it is very clear the organization is clearly doing something and many can attest to it. It will be a soap opera in the senate between the three girls and Amado.

I'd love to see how they will defend their claims and where will they find their evidences, sure they can bring other girls to support them but once this girls put on question and ask them relevant questions such us, do you have the same experience, if you do explain or did you see it happening, when and how? do you have evidence to support the claims. I 'd love to see how Miss Canada and England reacts and explain.

I don't think the Senate has to power to compel them to testify unless they are willing to go back. But true, I would like to see how this girls can defend their claims as all they have right now are each other's statements

That maybe the reason why England is DM previous delegates to gather more statements to strengthen their claims.

If the three girls could not attend...then there is no reason Senate can begin the investigation. The complainants are the three girls and no one else. Who are they going to investigate? Amado can not just come to the Senate without any complainant at all. ME can not represent the girls as well because they do not even have a written report from these girls. What they have are just mere instagram posts. I don't think the Senate will waste their precious time with instagram posts with no one to answer the loopholes on those posts.

that senate investigation in aid of re election will only be use for publicity.

better sure that risa hontiveros really knows the definition of harassment
"In pageant world full of Megan Young and Pia Wurtzbach, all we need is a Dayana Mendoza."
cindy_kato

Real Life Name/Nick: Maldito
Date of Birth: 03 May 1983
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Gangster
Chinese Zodiac: Pig
Hobbies/Interests: Misso

Postby Ea'rend¿l » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:22 am

Danijela Burjan Miss Earth Slovenia 2018 got her brand new Car as part of her prices at the Press Conference held earlier.

#Repost @burjandanijela (@get_repost)
・・・
At today's press conference I received my new @mini car to drive me around. Thank you @avtoaktiv_ak and @missearthslovenia group I am wearing divine dress from @salon_krinolina and beautiful earrings from @perla.si
Na današnji tiskovni konferenci sem prejela nov @mini avtomobil, s katerim se bom v času svojega mandata vozila na okrog. Hvala @avtoaktiv_ak in @missearthslovenia organiziaciji. Danes sem nosila čudovito obleko iz @salon_krinolina in prekrasne uhane @perla.si

#DanijelaBurjan
#MissEarthSlovenia
#MissEarthSlovenia2018
#PageantryFanatics

Ea'rend¿l

Real Life Name/Nick: Earendil
Date of Birth: 12 Sep 1986
Profession: Knight of Templar
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Astronomy and Chasing Time

Postby britneybitch » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:10 am

The queen is judging you :%)) :%)) :%))
britneybitch

Date of Birth: 20 Oct 1990
Profession: Hair
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Stuff

Postby manoypoe » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:12 am

PLEASE POST FROM MISS EARTH CROWN THE HOMECOMING OF MELISSA FLORES. SO WARM. VERY HEARTWARMING. EPIC FOR A RUNNER UP VICTORY. HOW MUCH MORE IF A MEXICAN WINS? :hx :hx
manoypoe

Postby Busyboy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:19 am

Here you go!

Definitely Heartwarming! The festivities is loooooove! :hx :hx :hx :hx
THE BIG FOUR

M U - M W - M E - M I
Busyboy

Postby manoypoe » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:27 am

Busyboy wrote:Here you go!

Definitely Heartwarming! The festivities is loooooove! :hx :hx :hx :hx

THANK YOU BOY, EVEN IF YOU ARE BUSY. :hx
THERE ARE TWO VIDOES. HOPE MISS EARTH SHARES ONE OF THEM IN THE OFFICIAL FB SITE.
manoypoe

Postby Busyboy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:32 am

Welcome manoypoe... Here's another one...

THE BIG FOUR

M U - M W - M E - M I
Busyboy

Postby ravissante » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:05 am

GISING GISING SA MGA NAGTUTULOG-TULUGAN

What Miss Global 2016 1st Runner Up CJ Hirro has to say is quite appropriate:

"Sexual harassment in the pageant world is REAL, and oftentimes, it's the organizers that pave the way for it, whether intentionally or otherwise."

https://entertainment.inquirer.net/3046 ... f-pageants

ravissante

Postby MissPluto » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:12 am

ravissante wrote:GISING GISING SA MGA NAGTUTULOG-TULUGAN

"Sexual harassment in the pageant world is REAL, and oftentimes, it's the organizers that pave the way for it, whether intentionally or otherwise."

Walang nag tutulog tulugan dito baka ikaw lang at yung sumisingaw mong hate towards Miss Earth. If you have the luxury of time go ahead mag back read ka para makita mo na lahat ng sexual harassment issues from different pageants are posted and explained from various sources.
Miss Universe | Miss World | Miss International | Miss Earth

NOTHING FOLLOWS
MissPluto
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.

Real Life Name/Nick: Pete
Date of Birth: 11 Sep 1989
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Professor
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: Too many to mention

Postby Busyboy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:44 am

MissPluto wrote:

Walang nag tutulog tulugan dito baka ikaw lang at yung sumisingaw mong hate towards Miss Earth. If you have the luxury of time go ahead mag back read ka para makita mo na lahat ng sexual harassment issues from different pageants are posted and explained from various sources.

Ravissante has always been a hater. Even before this issue, she has nothing good to say to ME. What do we expect?

And for this creature’s information, no one is sleeping on this issue. We are all enraged about it. But what can posting same old allegations against ME everytime a beauty queen speaks her mind about sexual harrasment do will accomplish except demonize ME? We know your intention, fool! It is not for the girls themselves but just to discredit MEO...
THE BIG FOUR

M U - M W - M E - M I
Busyboy

Postby ravissante » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:52 am

HATE = MEO was pimping out the girls.
HATE??? = MEO bears some responsibility for not having insulated the girls from sexual harassment. MEO should own up to that inadequacy, make amends with the girls, change how things are done, and help the victims prosecute their claims in court.

Are you really wide awake to see the difference?

MissPluto wrote:

ravissante

PreviousNext

Return to Miss Earth