Biggest Storm in Philippine Pageantry!

Re: What is happening to Miss Earth!? This is sad

Postby bless you » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:38 pm

mrgary wrote:I was very sad that neither my sentimental favourite Colombia nor my expected winner Thailand did not win the Miss Earth crown. Was I disappointed? Of course! I was VERY disappointed about it. Did I find Miss Philippines pretty? Definitely not! Not in my wildest dreams! She looked like Ming, The Merciless --- the villainous character in "Flash Gordon". Did I like the results of the pageant? No. Did I find Miss Philippines's winning the crown fair and square? Yes. Why? It is because she was the only one who persevered the rigours of the competition while others clammed up or choked especially during the interview competition. The nerves got the best of them while The Philippines used the interview segment as a springboard to advance by leaps and bounds in order to compensate her extreme lack of facial beauty. As promised, I am going to honor the decision of the judges even if my favourites didn't win. Life goes on.

Teach your expected winner the meaning of #Millenials! and don't ever watch Miss Earth 2018!!!!!

bless you
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: john roberts
Date of Birth: 15 Jan 1987
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: accountant
Hobbies/Interests: swimming & basketball

Re: Biggest Storm in Philippine Pageantry!

Postby bless you » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:43 pm

Dear TS,

Show us your sources/s of ND's withdrawals... Otherwise, SHUT UP!!!!

AND DON'T EVER WATCH MISS EARTCH 2018! [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X

:finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger:
bless you

Real Life Name/Nick: john roberts
Date of Birth: 15 Jan 1987
Hobbies/Interests: swimming & basketball

Postby Bonitillo Campanella » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:37 pm

MEN'S PERSPECTIVE. wrote:UPDATES: Puerto-Rico, Reunion Islands, Northern Ireland will not send a representative next edition! Thailand's hosting was revoked by the ND of MET. USA, U.S Virgin islands are expected to withdraw too.Scotland and El Salvador who seeks to go back is pulling it's participation.

In this post someone said straight to her face in spanish - "You're ugly and horrible"
90000views - 800comments from a Venezuelan page with 800k followers.

"Que fea eres, eres horrible!"

Damn, HOW RUDE ! :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O
Angela, gracias por hacer historia guapa!
=D>

Bonitillo Campanella
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Estibaliz Kloutier
Date of Birth: 01 Jul 1994
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: PR Maven
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Miss Universe, MW, MI

Postby Iknowbeauty » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:24 pm

mrgary wrote:I was very sad that neither my sentimental favourite Colombia nor my expected winner Thailand did not win the Miss Earth crown. Was I disappointed? Of course! I was VERY disappointed about it. Did I find Miss Philippines pretty? Definitely not! Not in my wildest dreams! She looked like Ming, The Merciless --- the villainous character in "Flash Gordon". Did I like the results of the pageant? No. Did I find Miss Philippines's winning the crown fair and square? Yes. Why? It is because she was the only one who persevered the rigours of the competition while others clammed up or choked especially during the interview competition. The nerves got the best of them while The Philippines used the interview segment as a springboard to advance by leaps and bounds in order to compensate her extreme lack of facial beauty. As promised, I am going to honor the decision of the judges even if my favourites didn't win. Life goes on.

But this question remains to be answered, how did she even make it that far especially if part of the selection for the top 16 was Beauty of face? @-)
Iknowbeauty
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 15 Oct 2015
Profession: student
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Postby TheK » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:15 pm

The_saurus wrote:ALL THESE DRAMA/VIOLENT REACTIONS ABOUT THE RESULTS ONLY PROVE MISS EARTH'S UNDENIABLE PRESENCE IN THE WORLD OF PAGEANTRY!

KUDOS TO MISS EARTH! :=p =c3

I JUST HOPE THIS ISSUE WON'T OVERSHADOW YOUR CAUSE, BECAUSE WHOEVER IS THE WINNER, IT'S THE ADVOCACY THAT MATTERS :=p

I dont think that is the case. I think ME hit a very low point. And if there is something consistent about ME is really consistent for the past 5 years: it very consistent on making it's base move away from it. :)>-
Read My 2019 Binibining Pilipinas Prediction
http://missosology.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1682799
[center]...MU-MW-MI... nothing follows
TheK
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: ten
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: web developer
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: web design

Postby mybadname » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:56 pm

Thailand hosting ME is just a plan or speculation. Its not a done deal yet. Your spreading fake news. NDs come and go. Let fickle and narrow minded go. ME doesnt need them. ME need not lick the NDS ass. Let them go. After all thats always the way. If you are not happy, then find your happiness. Just like you! Ifyou are no longer happy with ME then shut your mouth leave and come back no more. Bye losers.
my name is bad but i am good

Miss Universe only and nothing else!
mybadname

Real Life Name/Nick: ralph
Date of Birth: 19 Nov 1980
Profession: engineer
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: reading

Postby The Duchess » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:20 pm

People have to stop spreading rumors.

The license for USA is already secured and has started signing candidates, that was confirmed to me personally.

The license for PR has been under review do to the hurricane Maria not because of this. In September it was requested but has not yet being secured, another confirmed thing to me.

The license for USVI is not with the same people of the first two therefore I will have that confirmation later.
The Duchess
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 01 Sep 1995
Profession: Costume Design
Hobbies/Interests: Arts, Music, Literature

Postby Reeves » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:30 am

ALL FAKE NEWS FROM A DISGRUNTLED STUPID FORUMER LIKE MEN'S PERSPECTIVE. YOU COULDN'T EVEN PROVIDE A LINK LOL
Last edited by Reeves on Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reeves
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1990
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Accountant
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Outdoor runnning, traveling, gym

Postby pjticman » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:31 am

pippo93 wrote:
MEN'S PERSPECTIVE. wrote:Philippine pageantry's reputation is at all time low.

YES.
BECAUSE PINOY ARE NOT THE BEST FAN IN THE WORLD.
I LOVE HOW THEY SUPPORT THEIR CANDIDATE, EVERY COUNTRY SHOULD TAKE THEM AS AN EXAMPLE OF PATRIOTTISM
BUT,IN THE OTHER WAY, THEY ARE THE FIRST TO INSULT OTHER NATIONS AND PAGEANTS (ALSO HEAVY INSULTS) BUT AT THE SAME TIME THEY DON'T WANT THEMSELF TO BE TOUCHED BECAUSE THEY THINK THAT THEY ARE ALWAYS DESERVING,
THEY BASHED SO MUCH STEPHANIE DEL VALLE AND MISS WORLD LAST YEAR AND THEY CONTINUES TO BASH THEM SO HARD (INSTEAD STEPHANIE HAS PROVE TO BE A VERY DESERVING MISS WORLD). AND WHO CAN'T FORGET HOW MUCH THEY BASHED OLIVIA CULPO IN 2012 BECAUSE SHE WON OVER JANINE (WHEN OLIVIA IS FACE-WISE MILES AWAY BETTER THAN JANINE)? OR WHEN THEY BASHED MISS INTERNATIONAL IN 2014 BECAUSE OF BIANCA GUIDOTTI CLAPPED?!
THE PROBLEM OF PINOYS IS THAT THEY THINK THAT THEY ARE ALWAYS THE BEST, THE ARE ALWAYS DESERVING A CROWN AND THE OTHER NATIONS ARE ALWAYS LOWER.
AND THEY INSULT TOO MUCH.

WHEN MUTYA WON MISS SUPRANATIONAL IN 2014 NO-ONE CRITICIZED HER BECAUSE SHE WON FAIRY. SAME WITH MEGAN YOUNG IN MISS WORLD, EVERYONE THOUGHT THAT SHE WAS THE ONE TO BEAT. PIA IN 2015 IS UNIVERSALLY KNOWN AS ONE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL MISS UNIVERSE OF ALL TIME. AND ALSO WHEN JAMIE HERRELL WON IN 2014 MISS EARTH, THE CONTROVERSIES ARE REALLY SMALL.
ANGELIA ONG WAS ALSO A GOOD WINNER, BUT WAS TOO SOON FOR A B2B OF THE HOST COUNTRY.

BUT NOW, THE SITUATION IS TOO HARD TO BE IGNORED. SORRY

YOU ARE DUM B sir !!!
Stop generalizing !!!!
You meant Pinoy Pageant Fanatics/Trolls...
PINOYS in general are happy, reasonable, friendly, DECENT and down-to-Earth people...
We aren't proud of those Pinoy Pageant Patriotic Trolls.....We are 100Million in population and the Pinoys you are against make up of a 10Thousand Pinoy Trolls or even LESS - so shut the f*ck up will ya!!!

You are entitled to your own opinion, but hey I wont say people in your country think the same as you.......

Now Peace be with you and be a reasonable-decent pageant fan moving forward...

You can never go wrong with kindness...
-Megan Young's mom (MW2013)
pjticman

Real Life Name/Nick: ahmed
Date of Birth: 25 Dec 1978
Profession: doctor
Hobbies/Interests: sports cars

Postby mrgary » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:36 am

bless you wrote:Dear TS,

Show us your sources/s of ND's withdrawals... Otherwise, SHUT UP!!!!

AND DON'T EVER WATCH MISS EARTCH 2018! [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X

:finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger:

Dude, what is wrong with you? Why do you have to say, "Don't ever watch Miss Earth 2018!"? Who are you to say that?! You are also a pageant fan like us. You need to remember that we all agree to disagree but at the end of the day, we honor what the judges proclaim as the winner. My bet may not be necessarily your bet and neither is yours but don't dare dictate us what to watch and what not to watch because when you start doing that, then you become a complete jerk. People here are just venting their own feelings and experiences about Miss Earth because whether we all liked it or not, the stakes were really high but at the end of the day, there's gonna be a complete resolve to it. Don't be an asshole by telling us not to watch the pageant, dude. We in the international community admit that we like Miss Earth. We didn't say we didn't. The TS was just probably concerned that some NDs now are starting to withdraw from the pageant. I understand the thread-starter's sentiments as well as the others because we cannot just brush off these raw emotions that stemmed from losing the crown. Give us time to recover because we will find closure to it very soon. Don't be a jerk!
Last edited by mrgary on Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrgary
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 15 May 1969
Profession: Businessman
Hobbies/Interests: Piano-playing, Blogging, Traveling

Postby Mr. Earth - Japan » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:46 am

i am still a little baffled with what all happened:

Miss Phillipines beating USA, Tonga, Switzerland and even Cameroon to advance in the top 8

The so called "transparency" by showing the top 16 from Figure anf Form, Beauty of Face and Intelligence where Costa Rica got Intelligence and Beauty of Face but did not make it in Top 16 while Cameroon did not get any but made it in Top 16.
Mr. Earth - Japan

Date of Birth: 12 Apr 1982
Profession: Earth Ambassador for Japan
Hobbies/Interests: Eyeing for the next Miss Earth

Postby mrgary » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:51 am

Iknowbeauty wrote:

But this question remains to be answered, how did she even make it that far especially if part of the selection for the top 16 was Beauty of face? @-)

I don't know, dude. However, I respect the judges decision because Karen really won it fair and square. She was totally unstoppable that night. She was the unanimous choice by the select panel of judges. It isn't fair if you and I placed our frustration and anger at Karen just because she delivered the goods while our individual bets clammed up. My jaw dropped when my predicted winner, Fahsai, was unable to answer the easiest hashtag, "Millenials". If she were smart, then she could have included herself as a millenial who was trying to embrace the environmental advocacies for Mother Earth but I guess, the nerves got the best of her. On the other hand, I noticed that Juliana, my sentimental favourite, just didn't have enough oomph and spark that night to wow the judges, either. I guess it must have been the hairstyle, or her wardrobe styling . . . who knows? But then again, you and I cannot blame it on Karen. She was merely a candidate who was hungry for the crown. She is someone else's daughter, sister, granddaughter, niece, or baby which is why we need to respect her victory. It is too late now to dwell on things that took place in the preliminaries because the pageant already came to its conclusion. The best we can all do right now is to trust the judges' decision and the winner. By and large, I commend Carousel for having a new spokesperson and titleholder this year. Congratulations, Karen! :-)
mrgary

Date of Birth: 15 May 1969
Profession: Businessman
Hobbies/Interests: Piano-playing, Blogging, Traveling

Postby jimrey1989 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:25 am

MEN'S PERSPECTIVE. wrote:UPDATES: Puerto-Rico, Reunion Islands, Northern Ireland will not send a representative next edition! Thailand's hosting was revoked by the ND of MET. USA, U.S Virgin islands are expected to withdraw too.Scotland and El Salvador who seeks to go back is pulling it's participation.

This is just so sad. I'm lurking around IG using the #missuniverse to get Miss Universe updates yet you'll see flooded photos of Karen being attacked from here and there. Like seriously, everywhere I go - Facebook, Youtube and the worst is IG =O/ I will see comments of predominantly Latin and SEA countries bashing Karen and Miss Earth. OMG! even the US forums, pages and accounts are flooded with hate! Like literally everywhere! Not mentioning Missosology :=p Philippine pageantry's reputation is at all time low. I don't fancy Karen's victory but the hate is really too much.
And here are the worst posts I've seen!

I heard it's from a Latino community.

In this post someone said straight to her face in spanish - "You're ugly and horrible"
90000views - 800comments from a Venezuelan page with 800k followers.

Road to Miss Universe Thailand page :%(( - 1300LIKES - 250 COMMENTS

MISS UNIVERSE FANS

Thai fan posted Karen's crowning moment. Beside the comments, worst part is that this isn't even a MEME! It's really her face.

MISS WORLD FANS

I can sense that Venezuela and Thailand is really Miss Earth's enemy right now :%((
MISS EARTH! what have you done!?

The accuracy of ur statements will be checked next year.
jimrey1989
ANGELS are the nicest persons of the forum.
ANGELS are the nicest persons of the forum.

Real Life Name/Nick: jim
Date of Birth: 26 Aug 1989
Profession: accounting officer
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Hobbies/Interests: beauty pageant fan

Postby DORABIAN » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:45 am

R.I.P MESS "CIRCUS" EARTH.
THE UGLIEST WINNER IN BIG FOUR PAGEANTS (BIG 3 RATHER).
DORABIAN

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1917
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: FUCKING PEOPLE
Hobbies/Interests: FUCKING

Postby Dragona Anaconda » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:33 am

Why you are blaming Karen, the Judges and ME Organization!

BLAME YOUR IDIOT CANDIDATES FOR GIVING
A STUPID ANSWER AND BEING DUMB IN ENGLISH !

=O/ =O/ =O/ =O/ =O/ =O/ =O/ =O/ =O/
ImageImage
Dragona Anaconda

Date of Birth: 05 Jan 1929
Profession: Pokpok sa Disyerto
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: Tumuwad at Magpakangkang
Message: Never try to destroy someone else's life with a lie... when yours can be destroyed with the truth!

Postby filoflex » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:00 am

Handsama wrote:
honeymae7405 wrote:
In the first place, MEO is aware of the possible backlash if they crown another Filipina too soon. They'd be better off if they crown another girl. Yet, they did not try to change the decision because that is what the judges' had decided on. That looks more like integrity to me - instead of trying the please the fans.

Precisely! This is one of the reasons why I remain an avid follower of Miss Earth. Contrary to what others suggest, I don't want the org to dictate the results for us because I want each girl to have an equal chance of winning regardless of where she's from. Even if the Philippines keeps winning year after year (hopefully not :%)) )...I'll still accept the results (hard as they may be) as long as they are the judges' decision. I'd stop following if and when I find out that Carousel manipulated the results.

i agree with you on this Handsama.. i will always remain an Earthling no matter what...
filoflex

Date of Birth: 01 Feb 1985
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: net surfing, reading books

Postby soledad » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:54 am

and this is now in global announcements @-) @-) :-O :-O >:) >:)
soledad
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 29 Nov 1988
Profession: RN
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Being single and an INFP-T

Postby MEN'S PERSPECTIVE. » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:04 am

UPDATE#2:PRINCE JULIO CESAR - ND of Miss Earth Venezuela speaking.
I heard he called Karen "ugly" on a national TV interview. :-O
Someone who understand Hispanic please translate the entire interview. Thanks!
Worst part is, GLOBOVISION posted this! :-O they have 1.1 million followers on IG :-O

:<) :<) :<) :<)
MEN'S PERSPECTIVE.
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: ANDREY
Date of Birth: 19 Sep 1995
Profession: STUDENT
Hobbies/Interests: SPORTS, GEOGRAPHY, ARTS AND SCIENCES

Postby eridstal » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:29 am

Paanong fair and square? May no make up round. Baku baku ang mukha ni Karen na kahit make-up di kinayang takpan. Paano siya nakalusot sa no make-up round. Wala siyang redeeming quality aside sa Q and A. Kung sana kutis porselana siya, okay pa. Pero hindi eh. Tapos ang poor pa ng styling niya.
eridstal

Real Life Name/Nick: Eridstal
Date of Birth: 09 Apr 1985
Profession: none
Hobbies/Interests: blogging

Postby soledad » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:32 am

Iknowbeauty wrote:

she is out in the top 16 beauty of face and poise but she is in the top 16 of form and figure and intelligence and environmental awareness
Last edited by soledad on Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
soledad

Date of Birth: 29 Nov 1988
Profession: RN
Hobbies/Interests: Being single and an INFP-T

Postby swasti1678 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:53 am

I think people who truly love Miss earth got severely affected by Saturday's results. It was not about being articulate, it was not about being advocacy, it was not about knowing the trending topics and yes, it was not about beauty either. If we go back and analyze the performances, many questions will be raised. Why didn't she make the cut? Why did she make the cut? Why did she stop after top 16/top 8 even after giving better answers, why being total package did not reflect in the final results? Why?? why?? why??

But......instead of taking a serious initiative to save this pageant, why people are using their excellent( =/ ) Photoshop skills for karen? In every hour, new meme, new photoshopped pictures... a new level of degrading a woman. It is not a pretty sight to see ladies and gentleman. Please stop this. Leave the girl please. She is not pretty, we get it. We get it. Don't need graphics to make your point.

Boycott Miss earth, if you want but please spare this girl.
swasti1678

Real Life Name/Nick: Swasthika
Date of Birth: 10 Jul 1989
Profession: IT Professional
Hobbies/Interests: Singing

Postby mharlon » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:22 pm

We Filipinos should all rally behind Karen! Whether we wanted her to win or not...

Her glam squad should work overtime now. She's not ugly in its truest sense but something can still be done...

Make her more appealing! After all this is just a matter of perfect styling. Style her in a way that will make her assets stand out. Emphasize on her chinita eyes, fair complexion...

Fix the uneven skin, teeth, eyebags...

C'mon guys! We have created Xander Ford so Karen should be a piece of cake!
mharlon

Real Life Name/Nick: mharlon
Hobbies/Interests: poker

Postby QueenAnne » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:24 pm

You start your post with "this is just so sad" and then preceded it by reposting several horrible memes of Karen. I'm so glad I don't know any male with a "perspective" like yours.

#PageantsThatMatter #RelevantPageantsOnly
sig designed by QueenAnne, photos used ctto
QueenAnne

Real Life Name/Nick: Tash
Date of Birth: 30 Nov 1988
Profession: Curator. Women and Children's Rights Advocate
Hobbies/Interests: Arts, Tech, All kinds of Beauty

Postby Nand » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:01 pm

MEN'S PERSPECTIVE. wrote:UPDATE#2:PRINCE JULIO CESAR - ND of Miss Earth Venezuela speaking.
Worst part is, GLOBOVISION posted this! :-O they have 1.1 million followers on IG :-O

Fake News

As per "bjoern28 The way I understand it, Prince Julio said that, 'If the winner is ugly, that he cannot tell or he cannot assert.... as the pageant looks for complete woman, not only the face." Some sort of like that.
Also he stressed that the pageant is different to that of other contests. I think he was happy with Ninoska's performance and they will continue to support this pageant.

In the coming years, am seeing Price Julio as the force to reckon with in Venezuela, when Osmel retires.
Nand

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1985
Hobbies/Interests: Swimming

Postby The deserter » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:12 pm

If ME wants to crown girls like Karen then they should not call it a beauty pageant. The winner of a beauty pageant should be beautiful. Karen is not.
If they want someone to promote ecology then beauty should play no part. The contestants could be any sex, shape, age or size.
But as long as they want it to be a beauty pageant then beauty should be the main criteria. I feel sorry for Karen as none of this is her fault. The fault lies with the ME organization. There were so many beautiful girls this year and they crowned the least beautiful in the whole competition.
The deserter

Real Life Name/Nick: Bill
Profession: Medic
Chinese Zodiac: Rooster
Hobbies/Interests: books, pageants, working out

Postby Nand » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:21 pm

MEN'S PERSPECTIVE. wrote:UPDATES: Puerto-Rico, Reunion Islands, Northern Ireland will not send a representative next edition! Thailand's hosting was revoked by the ND of MET. U.S Virgin islands via MEUSA is expected to withdraw too.Scotland and El Salvador who seeks to go back is pulling it's participation.

I'm not a fan of Karen Ibasco but stop creating fake news

For UK including Northern Ireland and Scotland, prior to the pageant another interested franchise director submitted an application and still pending. Possibly the old ND lost the bid if they say they are not sending.
El Salvador may not materialize, needs funding.
Thailand DID not bid or submit any proposal for hosting/bidding.
US Virgin Island franchise is a one time participation deal.
Puerto Rico is under ME USA FYI and is pending due to the calamity that happened in Puerto Rico.
ME USA is sending candidate.
Nand

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1985
Hobbies/Interests: Swimming

Postby hahahahuhu » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:30 pm

Nand wrote:
MEN'S PERSPECTIVE. wrote:UPDATE#2:PRINCE JULIO CESAR - ND of Miss Earth Venezuela speaking.

Fake News

As per "bjoern28 The way I understand it, Prince Julio said that, 'If the winner is ugly, that he cannot tell or he cannot assert.... as the pageant looks for complete woman, not only the face." Some sort of like that.
Also he stressed that the pageant is different to that of other contests. I think he was happy with Ninoska's performance and they will continue to support this pageant.

In the coming years, am seeing Price Julio as the force to reckon with in Venezuela, when Osmel retires.

... que la nueva Miss Tierra is fea, no lo puedo decir ....

"that the new queen is ugly, I cannot say ....

Then he refers that there were judges.

He also talk about a woman being complete, not just physically but with a marvellous character (He was not referring to Karen but to the contestants in general).
hahahahuhu

Real Life Name/Nick: Great
Date of Birth: 21 Feb 1999
Profession: Speaker
Hobbies/Interests: internet surfing, pageant watching

Postby analysisandcritique » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:38 pm

It is the judging criteria's fault which somehow points at ME to be at fault as well.

Not the judges fault.

Not Karen's fault.

And not directly ME's fault. They set a criteria and the judges gave scores based on that.

It is not as if ME appointed Phils as the winner.

Maybe what they should do next time is to give more points to beauty as a not so beautiful winner can affect the branding because after all it is still a beauty pageant.
analysisandcritique

Real Life Name/Nick: nick
Date of Birth: 21 Sep 1987
Profession: student
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: anlaysis and judging

Postby hahahahuhu » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:46 pm

analysisandcritique wrote:It is the judging criteria's fault which somehow points at ME to be at fault as well.

Not the judges fault.

Not Karen's fault.

And not directly ME's fault. They set a criteria and the judges gave scores based on that.

It is not as if ME appointed Phils as the winner.

Maybe what they should do next time is to give more points to beauty as a not so beautiful winner can affect the branding because after all it is still a beauty pageant.

Actually there's nothing much wrong with the criteria. In the prelims FACE is 30% and KAren did failed in that but was so strong in the Intelligence part (35%), good in figure and form. Its just that in the Final night the judges (a new set composed of mostly international people) kept giving her high scores. Every open minded pageant fans knows that anything can happen on the FINALS night coz it now boils down to performance.

Maybe the prelim weight of FACE can be 50% but that would no longer be MIss Earth.
Or a final look where every score is erased might improve the system.
hahahahuhu

Real Life Name/Nick: Great
Date of Birth: 21 Feb 1999
Profession: Speaker
Hobbies/Interests: internet surfing, pageant watching

Postby radagasdas » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:47 pm

Handsama wrote:
honeymae7405 wrote:
In the first place, MEO is aware of the possible backlash if they crown another Filipina too soon. They'd be better off if they crown another girl. Yet, they did not try to change the decision because that is what the judges' had decided on. That looks more like integrity to me - instead of trying the please the fans.

Precisely! This is one of the reasons why I remain an avid follower of Miss Earth. Contrary to what others suggest, I don't want the org to dictate the results for us because I want each girl to have an equal chance of winning regardless of where she's from. Even if the Philippines keeps winning year after year (hopefully not :%)) )...I'll still accept the results (hard as they may be) as long as they are the judges' decision. I'd stop following if and when I find out that Carousel manipulated the results.

i agree with you. but i'll ignore those bashers against Miss Earth. Its so unfair to the winner and the organization. The judges are not dumb. They know their job. The expectators inside the Mall of Asia Arena witness how the other candidates falter during the top 8 - hashtag challenge. The Philippines did her job right. The others did not level up with Miss Philippines. Even if they remove Miss Earth from the so called Big 5 pageants. The pageant will continue to exists. We are just fans not owners of Miss Earth.
radagasdas

Real Life Name/Nick: Joey
Date of Birth: 29 Mar 1976
Profession: Administrative Aide VI
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Hobbies/Interests: bowling, marathon, badminton

PreviousNext

Return to Miss Earth