Miss Earth 2020: November 8, 2020

Re: Miss Earth 2020: November 8, 2020

Postby supladoman » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:29 am

I have mixed emotions for this but I will support ME for this. Its just sad that the girls will not going to experience the most exciting pre-pageants of ME. MEO is brave enough to always do "first" things. I hope that it will be successful and there will be always a room for improvement. Maybe they took their notes during their successful MPE and for sure they will improve it on the international stage. Good luck!

supladoman
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 16 Apr 1991
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Programmer
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Goat
Hobbies/Interests: Reading manga, watching anime, mobile games

Postby brent520 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:50 pm

pippo93 wrote:
brent520 wrote:
pippo93 wrote:
I DON'T LIKE IT. MAJOR PAGEANT LIKE MISS EARTH ARE NOT ONLY A FINAL NIGHT, IS NOT A FORMALITY. MISS WORLD MISS EARTH AND MISS INTERNATIONAL, ALL OF THEM HAS ONE POINT OF FORCE: THE PREPAGEANT ACTIVITIES (UNLIKE MISS UNIVERSE AND MISS SUPRNATIONAL THAT ARE MORE FOCUSED ON THE FINAL NIGHT). EXPECIALLY FOR MISS EARTH THAT AMONG THE BIG5 IS THE ONE WITH THE BEST PRE-PAGEANT ACTIVITIES.

BUT IS NOT ONLY THAT. IS ALSO AN OPPORTUNITY FOR THE GIRLS TO TRAVEL IN ANOTHER COUNTRY, ONE OF THE BEST EXPERIENCES OF THEIR LIFE. THE PREPARATION, THE TRAVEL, THE NEW FRIENDSHIPS, THE CHANCE TO COMPETE AND SHINE ON A PROPER STAGE, WITH A CROWD TO CHEER THEM.

NO-ONE WILL BE DEATH IF IN 2020 WILL NOT BE ANY PAGEANT. BUT THE GIRLS (AND ALSO THE 2019 WINNERS) NEED RESPECT AND THE CHANCE TO COMPETE IN A PROPER PAGEANT, A CHANCE TO FEEL A QUEEN.

BAD MOVE FROM MISS EARTH, SORRY!

And a chance to get COVID? And get criticized by it? That’s too risky

You also have to understand, Miss Earth is celebrating its 20th year. They have all the right to soldier on. THE SHOW MUST GO ON! So full support here.

This will be different! It’s a first of its kind.

WATCH AND LEARN!!

BREATH AND READ IT AGAIN!
I SAID THAT IS BETTER CANCELL THE 2020 PAGEANT AND SET IT IN 2021 DIND'T WRITE THAT THE GIRLS SHOULD TRAVEL DURING THIS PANDEMIC.
AND THE FACT THAT THE CONTEST IS CELEBRATING ITS 20th ANNIVERSARY DOESN'T MEAN THAT IS RIGHT TO DEPRIVE THE GIRLS OF AN AWESOME EXPERIENCE. MISS INTERNATIONAL ALSO WOULD HAVE CELEBRATED ITS 60th ANNIVERSARY IN 2020 BUT MOVED THE PAGEANT IN 2021. BECAUSE IS MORE SECURE AND MORE FUN NOT ONLY FOR THE VIEWERS BUT EXPECIALLY FOR THE CONTESTANTS.

My question to you is, by 2021, are you sure we will have zero Covid?

You have to go back to the core of Miss Earth, “Environmental Awareness”

And Miss Earth will use a platform known to all VIRTUAL

Like what I said, the organization knows what it is doing, so sit back, relax and learn
brent520
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 20 May 2012
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Bum
Hobbies/Interests: Studying, Working (is this even a hobby?)

Postby Sophia7 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:47 am

juicy_fruit146 wrote:THEY ARE DIGGING THEIR OWN GRAVE! ITS LIKE GOING TO HARVARD FACE TO FACE OR GO TO UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX ONLINE! =;)) =;))

Harvard is now offering online degrees thru zoom. Same as USC, Rice, and other top-ranked schools. Coronavirus is real. If you want to die, then you can launch your own face-to-face physical pageant!
Sophia7

Date of Birth: 08 Nov 1992
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: LAWYERing!
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Pageant, LAW, MGMT & FASHION!

Postby Ea'rend¿l » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:53 am

juicy_fruit146 wrote:THEY ARE DIGGING THEIR OWN GRAVE! =;)) =;))

Has been said countless times. But every year, it's getting bigger and better.

My personal take, I hope it will be moved on 2021. Because as everyone is saying, pre-pageant activities of Miss Earth is what makes it exciting to follow. I also want Nellys and her elemental court to travel once the situation normalizes. You know, going to the usual countries where ME Queens usually visits like Reunion Island, Mauritius, USA, Colombia, etc.

However, if Madam has decided already, then I'm just here to support. I'll just pray for the best outcome.
Ea'rend¿l
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Earendil
Date of Birth: 12 Sep 1986
Profession: Knight of Templar
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Astronomy and Chasing Time

Postby sleuth08 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:56 am

TESSA LE CONGE POSTED IN THE MISS BEAUTY OF THE NETHERLANDS FB PAGE SUPPORTING THE VIRTUAL MISS EARTH 2020.

https://www.facebook.com/missbeautyofthenetherlands/photos/a.1992340777505677/4405328459540218/?type=3&theater
sleuth08

Date of Birth: 10 Dec 1977
Profession: airline load controller
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: DESTROYING MISS EARTH HATERS

Postby vinusya » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:36 am

They need to fly all the girls without any chaperone or national director with them to a country with low COVID rate. They can just stay in a hotel or give masks etc and help the countries' government. I'm down for virtual. Sorry
If everyone can be a beauty queen, what is hardwork?
Maybe there is no hardwork, only surgeries ?
vinusya
GRAPHIC DESIGNERS are creative minds & beautifiers of the forum.
GRAPHIC DESIGNERS are creative minds & beautifiers of the forum.

Real Life Name/Nick: Nawatt
Date of Birth: 11 Aug 1994
Profession: Red Haired Model
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Net Surfing
Message: A queen shouldn't be lazy going to the gym, caring, reading and learning.

Postby koji » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:16 pm

I support this. Although I would prefer it next year.
koji

Real Life Name/Nick: joey
Date of Birth: 05 May 1989
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Farmer
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: beauty pageant

Postby Jonathan Nguyen » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:19 pm

I’m not trying attack MEO or anything. I think it’s a bad idea to have a virtual pageant. The girls are supposed to have the experience they deserve. Don’t steal that from them. If it’s unsafe to hold the pageant, just skip a year and let the girls compete next year.

Jonathan Nguyen
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Real Life Name/Nick: Jonathan Nguyen
Date of Birth: 10 Aug 1997
Profession: Software Developer
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Miss Universe and Miss World

Postby Geeyourhair » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:41 am

Jonathan Nguyen wrote:I’m not trying attack MEO or anything. I think it’s a bad idea to have a virtual pageant. The girls are supposed to have the experience they deserve. Don’t steal that from them. If it’s unsafe to hold the pageant, just skip a year and let the girls compete next year.

I think all the fans (and not fans like you) agree that an actual live pageant is way better than a virtual one. But I guess from the MEO standpoint, why skip a year without a pageant when you can always promote the cause using other method? Next year will be a different pageant season and they will have to revert back to the normal way and make girls happy. There is only one 2020 in history...next year is another history for 2021.
Geeyourhair

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1995
Profession: Professional
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: social media

Postby JustinSky » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:23 am

vinusya wrote:They need to fly all the girls without any chaperone or national director with them to a country with low COVID rate. They can just stay in a hotel or give masks etc and help the countries' government. I'm down for virtual. Sorry

Do you think the "country with a low covid rate" will accept all nationalities? Even in Europe Americans are having entering EU countries or they are still banned from entering EU. Let's say NZ, do you think the Kiwis will allow it? They worked so hard to make their country covid free then suddenly 100 foreigners from all over the world will enter their country.
JustinSky

Date of Birth: 07 Jul 1998
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Marketing Manager
Hobbies/Interests: Travelling

Postby pippo93 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:28 pm

MISS WORLD ALSO CANCELLED THE 2020 EDITION! THE PAGEANT WILL BE HELD IN THE SECOND SEMESTER OF 2021. GREAT MOVE ALSO FROM JULIA MORLEY. IT WILL BE THE 70th EDITION OF MISS WORLD, AND ALL THE CONTESTANTS DESERVE A GREAT AND EXCTING EVENT AND AVDVENTURE.

MISS INTERNATIONAL IN NOVEMBER 2021

I HOPE THAT ALSO MISS UNIVERSE AND SUPRA WILL DELETE THE 2020 EDITION.

I DON'T KNOW WHY MISS EARTH MADE THIS DECISION.
IT'S ALSO AN INJUSTICE TO NELLYS, ONE OF HER BEST QUEEN AND AN HORRIBLE REIGN. WITHOUT CONSIDER THAT A BEAUTY PAGEANT IS NOT ONLY THE FINAL GALA OR THE SOCIAL PURPOSE, BUT IS ALSO A WAY FOR THE GIRLS TO DISCOVE ANOTHER COUNTRY
Last edited by pippo93 on Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pippo93

Date of Birth: 29 Sep 1993
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Medical Doctor, Resident in Nephrology
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Chinese Zodiac: Rooster
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty Pageants

Postby beautywatchnyc » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:42 pm

pippo93 wrote:MISS WORLD ALSO CANCELLED THE 2020 EDITION! THE PAGEANT WILL BE HELD IN THE SECOND SEMESTER OF 2021. GREAT MOVE ALSO FROM JULIA MORLEY. IT WILL BE THE 70th EDITION OF MISS WORLD, AND ALL THE CONTESTANTS DESERVE A GREAT AND EXCTING EVENT AND AVDVENTURE.

IT'S ALSO AN INHSTICE TO NELLYS, ONE OF THE BEST QUEEN AND AN HORRIBLE REIGN. WITHOUT CONSIDER THAT BEAUTY PAGEANT IS NOT ONLY THE FINAL GALA OR THE SOCIAL PURPOSE, BUT IS ALSO A WAY FOR THE GIRLS TO DISCOVE ANOTHER COUNTRY

You "don't know" the decision, but countered with a mouthful to say. "horrible", if I may.
Last edited by beautywatchnyc on Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beautywatchnyc
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.

Location: New York City (former) now residing in the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, SW5
Real Life Name/Nick: david
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: HR Consultancy, Professional Cooking
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing D Net Cooking Travel Reading Pho2graphy

Postby pippo93 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:53 pm

beautywatchnyc wrote:
pippo93 wrote:MISS WORLD ALSO CANCELLED THE 2020 EDITION! THE PAGEANT WILL BE HELD IN THE SECOND SEMESTER OF 2021. GREAT MOVE ALSO FROM JULIA MORLEY. IT WILL BE THE 70th EDITION OF MISS WORLD, AND ALL THE CONTESTANTS DESERVE A GREAT AND EXCTING EVENT AND AVDVENTURE.

IT'S ALSO AN INHSTICE TO NELLYS, ONE OF THE BEST QUEEN AND AN HORRIBLE REIGN. WITHOUT CONSIDER THAT BEAUTY PAGEANT IS NOT ONLY THE FINAL GALA OR THE SOCIAL PURPOSE, BUT IS ALSO A WAY FOR THE GIRLS TO DISCOVE ANOTHER COUNTRY

Since you "don't know" the decision, I suggest you keep your thoughts to yourself, watch your words, or, better keep your mouth shut.

THIS IS A FREE FORUM, WHEN (ALWAYS WITH RESPECT) EVERYONE COULD EXPRESS THEIR OWN OPINION! I HATE THIS THING THAT MISS EARTH IS UNTOUCHABLE THAT NO-ONE IS FREE TO DISAGREE WITH THEIR CHOICE. I EXPRESS MY DISAPPOINTMENT WITH RESPECT, LIKE I DID IN THE PAST YEAR IN THE SECTION OF MISS UNIVERSE, WORLD, SUPRA AND INTERNATIONAL ON SOME THINGS THAT I DIN'T LIKE. BUT EVERYTIME I SAY SOMETHING ON MISS EARTH, I READ ALWAYS "KEEP YOUT MOUTH SHUT" OR "KEEP YOUR THOUGHTS FOR YOURSELF". THIS IS A FORUM, AND EVERYONE SHOULD EXPRESS THEIR THOUGHTS, OTHERWISE IT NO LONGER MAKES SENSE TO EXIST
pippo93

Postby beautywatchnyc » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:00 pm

pippo93 wrote:
beautywatchnyc wrote:

Since you "don't know" the decision, I suggest you keep your thoughts to yourself, watch your words, or, better keep your mouth shut.

THIS IS A FREE FORUM, WHEN (ALWAYS WITH RESPECT) EVERYONE COULD EXPRESS THEIR OWN OPINION! I HATE THIS THING THAT MISS EARTH IS UNTOUCHABLE THAT NO-ONE IS FREE TO DISAGREE WITH THEIR CHOICE. I EXPRESS MY DISAPPOINTMENT WITH RESPECT, LIKE I DID IN THE PAST YEAR IN THE SECTION OF MISS UNIVERSE, WORLD, SUPRA AND INTERNATIONAL ON SOME THINGS THAT I DIN'T LIKE. BUT EVERYTIME I SAY SOMETHING ON MISS EARTH, I READ ALWAYS "KEEP YOUT MOUTH SHUT" OR "KEEP YOUR THOUGHTS FOR YOURSELF". THIS IS A FORUM, AND EVERYONE SHOULD EXPRESS THEIR THOUGHTS, OTHERWISE IT NO LONGER MAKES SENSE TO EXIST

You did express your thoughts freely, or didn't you? "Horrible"? No one will dissuade you from doing exactly what you want to say. So you don't and can't expect each forumer to cast a nice feeling about what you had to say. This is a free forum, alright? Who says ME is "untouchable"? Sorry, but it's only your personal perception.
Last edited by beautywatchnyc on Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
beautywatchnyc

Location: New York City (former) now residing in the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, SW5

Postby Geeyourhair » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:02 pm

IT'S ALSO AN INJUSTICE TO NELLYS, ONE OF HER BEST QUEEN AND AN HORRIBLE REIGN. WITHOUT CONSIDER THAT A BEAUTY PAGEANT IS NOT ONLY THE FINAL GALA OR THE SOCIAL PURPOSE, BUT IS ALSO A WAY FOR THE GIRLS TO DISCOVE ANOTHER COUNTRY

For me (and maybe this is how Carousel looks at it as well), why cancel when there is a way to do it? The message to raise awareness on environmental issues (covid included) does not need to stop even with the pandemic. The technology can always make things doable. Also, why would we think about the girls being deprived of the adventure and exciting pageant when there is always a next year for that. By cancelling a year is actually depriving one woman to wear a crown and be a voice for Mother Earth. Don't you like it...in two years time...two women (or eight including the elemental titles) hold a crown on their heads versus only one woman for the other pageants. With this I say...good job Carousel for always thinking forward while other pageants back out.
Geeyourhair

Postby pippo93 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:26 pm

beautywatchnyc wrote:
pippo93 wrote:
beautywatchnyc wrote:

You did express your thoughts freely, didn't you? "Horrible"! No one will dissuade you from doing exactly what you want to say. So you don't and can't expect forumers to cast a nice feeling about what you had to say. This is a free forum, alright?

YOU MEAN IT'S NOT TRUE THAT NELLYS HAD AN HORRIBLE REIGN BECUASE OF THIS PANDEMIC? NELLYS (LIKE OTHER INT'L QUEENS) SPENT ALMOST HER ENTIRE REIGN BASICALLY IN LOCKDOWN! INSTEAD OF GETTING THE SAME OPPORTUNITY NOT ONLY OF THEIR EARTH PREDECESSORS, BUT ALSO OF OTHER INTERNATIONAL QUEEN WHICH REIGN WILL BE EXTENDED. A REIGN IS A ONCE IN A LIFE OPPORTUNITY AND IS AN INJUSTICE FOR NELLYS NOT ENJOIYNG IT BECAUSE OF THE PANDEMIC.
WHEN WE THINK ABOUT BEAUTY PAGEANT, IN OUR MIND APPEARS THE IMAGE OF THE CROWNING NIGHT. BUT AN INTENRATIONAL PAGEANT LIKE MISS EARTH, INTL, UNIVERSE, WORLD OR SUPRA IS NOT ONLY THIS. IT'S AN OPPORTUNITY FOR THE GIRLS TO TRAVEL IN ANOTHER COUNTRY, ENJOY OTHER CULTURE, MAKE NEW FRIENDS, THE EXCITMENT TO COMPETE IN A REAL STAGE WITH A REAL CROWD CHEERING FOR THEM. AND IN CASE OF THE WINNER, TO ENJOY THE REIGN, THE DUTIES, THE TRAVELS AROUND THE WORLD. MISS EARTH 2018 DURING HER REIGN TRAVELLED TO USA, SINGAPORE, COLOMBIA, REUNION, JAPAN,MALAYSIA (ASIDE MANY EVENTS IN PHILIPPINES AND VIETNAM). SHE ALSO SPENT HER PRIZE AFTER WINNING THE PAGEANT AND VISITED HONG KONG, NETHERLANDS, FRANCE, BELGIUM, GERMANY AND AUSTRALIA TOO MEET HER PAGEANT SPONSORS, SUPPORTERS AND RELATIVES.
NELLYS TRAVELLED ONLY TO USA AND UAE. AFTER THAT, THE PANDEMIC AND LOCKDOWN. BECAUSE OF THAT I SAID THE SHE HAD AN HORRIBLE REIGN UNTIL NOW, BECUASE SHE UNFORTUNATELY WAS PRIVATED OF ALL OPPORTUNITIES THAT ALL HER PREDECESSORS HAD.
pippo93

Postby pippo93 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:38 pm

Geeyourhair wrote:

For me (and maybe this is how Carousel looks at it as well), why cancel when there is a way to do it? The message to raise awareness on environmental issues (covid included) does not need to stop even with the pandemic. The technology can always make things doable. Also, why would we think about the girls being deprived of the adventure and exciting pageant when there is always a next year for that. By cancelling a year is actually depriving one woman to wear a crown and be a voice for Mother Earth. Don't you like it...in two years time...two women (or eight including the elemental titles) hold a crown on their heads versus only one woman for the other pageants. With this I say...good job Carousel for always thinking forward while other pageants back out.

WHY CANCELL IT? BECAUSE APART THE WINNER THER WILL BE OTHERS 80+ GIRLS WHO WHILL BE DEPRIVED OF A ONCE IN A LIFE TIME EXPERIENCE. YES, WE HAD THE TECHNOLGY, BUT TECHNOLOGY CANNOT REPLACE THE EMOTION AND BEAUTY OF LIVING AN EXTRAORDINARY LIVE EXPERIENCE, TO SPEAK LIVE, TO DISCUSS OF RAISE AWARNESS ON ENVIROMENTAL ISSUES FACING PEOPLE FROM OTHER COUNTRIES AND OTHER CULTURES, THE WARMTH OF A HUG OR A HANDSHAKE.

IF YOU SPEAK WITH A PARTICIPANT FROM THE LAST YEAR, SHE WILL TELL YOU THAT IT WAS ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL EXPERIENCES OF HER LIFE.

WHAT EMOTIONS THE CANDIDATES OF THIS YEAR COULD HAVE IN FRONT OF A PC SCREEN?

IS GOING TO MALDIVES THE SAME THING TO SEE A VIDEO OF THEM ON YOUR COMPUTER?

pippo93

Postby Geeyourhair » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:47 pm

pippo93 wrote:
Geeyourhair wrote:

WHY CANCELL IT? BECAUSE APART THE WINNER THER WILL BE OTHERS 80+ GIRLS WHO WHILL BE DEPRIVED OF A ONCE IN A LIFE TIME EXPERIENCE. YES, WE HAD THE TECHNOLGY, BUT TECHNOLOGY CANNOT REPLACE THE EMOTION AND BEAUTY OF LIVING AN EXTRAORDINARY LIVE EXPERIENCE, TO SPEAK LIVE, TO DISCUSS OF RAISE AWARNESS ON ENVIROMENTAL ISSUES FACING PEOPLE FROM OTHER COUNTRIES AND OTHER CULTURES, THE WARMTH OF A HUG OR A HANDSHAKE.

IF YOU SPEAK WITH A PARTICIPANT FROM THE LAST YEAR, SHE WILL TELL YOU THAT IT WAS ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL EXPERIENCES OF HER LIFE.

I look at it the other way. By cancelling it, you deprive 80+ girls for a chance of a lifetime--to participate in a major pageant. The girls who are crowned by their respective countries can always tell their National Director to compete next year instead if they want to really join a live pageant. The ND can always appoint someone who is eager to compete in her behalf. So no one is deprived, but someone is given an opportunity.

Bottomline for me...better virtual than cancellation.

About Nelly not being able to travel this year...well it is really an unfortunate situation. But who knows Carousel can still have her travel next year along with the Miss Earth 2020 Queen. Who knows?
Geeyourhair

Postby pippo93 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:55 pm

Geeyourhair wrote:
pippo93 wrote:
Geeyourhair wrote:

By cancelling it, you deprive 80+ girls for a chance of a lifetime--to participate in a major pageant

WHY? ACTUALLY THERE ARE 15 CONTESTANTS CONFIRMED. AND ONLY USA UPCOMING. CAROUSEL COULD INCREASE THE AGE LIMITS FOR 2021 AND LET THOSE 16 CANDIDATES COMPETE IN 2021.
pippo93

Postby Geeyourhair » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:01 pm

pippo93 wrote:
Geeyourhair wrote:
pippo93 wrote:
Geeyourhair wrote:

By cancelling it, you deprive 80+ girls for a chance of a lifetime--to participate in a major pageant

WHY? ACTUALLY THERE ARE 15 CONTESTANTS CONFIRMED. AND ONLY USA UPCOMING. CAROUSEL COULD INCREASE THE AGE LIMITS FOR 2021 AND LET THOSE 16 CANDIDATES COMPETE IN 2021.

Let's wait till Sept. 21--the official start of the pageant. Maybe because of the pandemic other countries can't even hold their own pageant and probably the ND's are now searching who is willing to participate in a virtual pageant (because as you know this is not the normal way). Also, ME is known to announce their complete delegates at the last minute. So let's wait and see.
Geeyourhair

Postby beautywatchnyc » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:05 pm

pippo93 wrote:
beautywatchnyc wrote:
pippo93 wrote:
beautywatchnyc wrote:

You did express your thoughts freely, didn't you? "Horrible"! No one will dissuade you from doing exactly what you want to say. So you don't and can't expect forumers to cast a nice feeling about what you had to say. This is a free forum, alright?

YOU MEAN IT'S NOT TRUE THAT NELLYS HAD AN HORRIBLE REIGN BECUASE OF THIS PANDEMIC? NELLYS (LIKE OTHER INT'L QUEENS) SPENT ALMOST HER ENTIRE REIGN BASICALLY IN LOCKDOWN! INSTEAD OF GETTING THE SAME OPPORTUNITY NOT ONLY OF THEIR EARTH PREDECESSORS, BUT ALSO OF OTHER INTERNATIONAL QUEEN WHICH REIGN WILL BE EXTENDED. A REIGN IS A ONCE IN A LIFE OPPORTUNITY AND IS AN INJUSTICE FOR NELLYS NOT ENJOIYNG IT BECAUSE OF THE PANDEMIC.
WHEN WE THINK ABOUT BEAUTY PAGEANT, IN OUR MIND APPEARS THE IMAGE OF THE CROWNING NIGHT. BUT AN INTENRATIONAL PAGEANT LIKE MISS EARTH, INTL, UNIVERSE, WORLD OR SUPRA IS NOT ONLY THIS. IT'S AN OPPORTUNITY FOR THE GIRLS TO TRAVEL IN ANOTHER COUNTRY, ENJOY OTHER CULTURE, MAKE NEW FRIENDS, THE EXCITMENT TO COMPETE IN A REAL STAGE WITH A REAL CROWD CHEERING FOR THEM. AND IN CASE OF THE WINNER, TO ENJOY THE REIGN, THE DUTIES, THE TRAVELS AROUND THE WORLD. MISS EARTH 2018 DURING HER REIGN TRAVELLED TO USA, SINGAPORE, COLOMBIA, REUNION, JAPAN,MALAYSIA (ASIDE MANY EVENTS IN PHILIPPINES AND VIETNAM). SHE ALSO SPENT HER PRIZE AFTER WINNING THE PAGEANT AND VISITED HONG KONG, NETHERLANDS, FRANCE, BELGIUM, GERMANY AND AUSTRALIA TOO MEET HER PAGEANT SPONSORS, SUPPORTERS AND RELATIVES.
NELLYS TRAVELLED ONLY TO USA AND UAE. AFTER THAT, THE PANDEMIC AND LOCKDOWN. BECAUSE OF THAT I SAID THE SHE HAD AN HORRIBLE REIGN UNTIL NOW, BECUASE SHE UNFORTUNATELY WAS PRIVATED OF ALL OPPORTUNITIES THAT ALL HER PREDECESSORS HAD.

I think that the word "horrible" has a different meaning let alone from your French perspective. Just because Nelly was only able to travel to 2 countries, did it make her reign "horrible" already? If MW, MI, MS and Miss Universe cancelled out for 2020, why would ME follow suit? Your opinion may be regarded as one of those, sorry, there's nothing you can do when ME has set the pageant in motion already.

The movers-and-shakers in Carousel/MEO made a decision, so be it. They have specific reasons and I like to believe that all considerations were taken into account including probably some lengthy debates and deliberation before the final announcement was taken. You're still sore or even disappointed but your opinion doesn't make a dent.

No one among us has enough clout, nor do we have the influence to bamboozle the pageant to disintegrate prematurely as ME2020 gets back in the air. If you are opposed to the idea, that, unfortunately won't make the ME organizers take notice and change the plan of action. One dissenting opinion off the track doesn't make the pageant look less promising particularly among followers awaiting ME20 to unfold in a few months.
Last edited by beautywatchnyc on Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beautywatchnyc

Postby manoypoe » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:11 pm

pippo93 wrote:
beautywatchnyc wrote:

Please continue sharing your opinions about Miss Earth, Pippo. Most of us appreciate them especially when the opinions are objective. I agree with your points too and other fans are also fighting against virtual Miss Earth. There are pros and cons and like you, I was really looking forward to Nelly's travels coz I was sure she would rock. She started greatly with UAE and USA travels then everything went pfft.

If Carousel proceeds with the Virtual Pageant (which will be more headache to the ND's as some of them may not have the resources) then we can't do anything but watch it unfold. I just hope that they still extend Nellys's reign and let her travel with 2020 Queens. Anyhow, Miss Earth and her elemental Queens usually travel together. In the past, there were other invites from other countries which they turned down due to conflicts of schedules, so they can now say YES with two main winners available for travels. And the two winners can also travel together. It would be historic too. :=p :=p =D> =D>
Last edited by manoypoe on Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
manoypoe
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.

Date of Birth: 15 Apr 1975
Profession: Assassin of Idiots
Hobbies/Interests: Web surfing

Postby Handsama » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:59 pm

I pretty much agree with the points made in this thread by others with regards the pluses and minuses of holding a Miss Earth virtual pageant this year.

The way I see it, holding the pageant this year will:

1. Allow Miss Earth to continue spreading its environmental message which is needed more than ever. Once again, this summer saw temperatures that broke records in many places. Climate crisis doesn’t stop just because we have a pandemic.

2. Allow runners up from previous national competitions to experience Miss Earth even if it’s a tad more limited than the live pageant experience.

3. Help broaden Miss Earth’s appeal to other fans who don’t normally follow the pageant especially when held close with other major pageants. Virtual it might be but it’s still a source of good entertainment for any fan who loves pageantry.

4. Open the doors for virtual pageants to be organized on an international level when faced with similar crises in the future. Let’s face it, this won’t be the last pandemic we’re gonna face.
Handsama

Date of Birth: 10 Jan 1987
Profession: Secret
Hobbies/Interests: Reading

Postby manoypoe » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:07 am

Handsama wrote:I pretty much agree with the points made in this thread by others with regards the pluses and minuses of holding a Miss Earth virtual pageant this year.

1. Allow Miss Earth to continue spreading its environmental message which is needed more than ever. Once again, this summer saw temperatures that broke records in many places. Climate crisis doesn’t stop just because we have a pandemic.

2. Allow runners up from previous national competitions to experience Miss Earth even if it’s a tad more limited than the live pageant experience.

3. Help broaden Miss Earth’s appeal to other fans who don’t normally follow the pageant especially when held close with other major pageants. Virtual it might be but it’s still a source of good entertainment for any fan who loves pageantry.

4. Open the doors for virtual pageants to be organized on an international level when faced with similar crises in the future. Let’s face it, this won’t be the last pandemic we’re gonna face.

You stated the pluses Handsama, how about the minuses? Or Pippo has already stated them all? What I am also afraid is the number of delegates will surely dwindle. Look at Miss Earth USA, from more than 50, only 29 delegates agreed to participate in the virtual pageant. So do we expect more than 50 delegates only this year also for virtual Miss Earth? Would it be better for a virtual pageant to have less delegates than the usual more than 80?

Anybody who knows how many ND's or countries have already signified their willingness to participate in the virtual pageant this year? Virtual pageant entails a lot of works and resources to the ND's, so many challenges for them and their delegates but I think, it is also an opportunity for them to showcase their ingenuity and the beauty of their respective countries.
manoypoe

Postby Handsama » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:53 pm

manoypoe wrote:
Handsama wrote:I pretty much agree with the points made in this thread by others with regards the pluses and minuses of holding a Miss Earth virtual pageant this year.

You stated the pluses Handsama, how about the minuses? Or Pippo has already stated them all? What I am also afraid is the number of delegates will surely dwindle. Look at Miss Earth USA, from more than 50, only 29 delegates agreed to participate in the virtual pageant. So do we expect more than 50 delegates only this year also for virtual Miss Earth? Would it be better for a virtual pageant to have less delegates than the usual more than 80?

Anybody who knows how many ND's or countries have already signified their willingness to participate in the virtual pageant this year? Virtual pageant entails a lot of works and resources to the ND's, so many challenges for them and their delegates but I think, it is also an opportunity for them to showcase their ingenuity and the beauty of their respective countries.

Pippo and the others have already pointed out the limitations of holding a virtual pageant this year. When Ms Lorraine started bringing out the idea of a virtual Miss Earth pageant, the first thing I thought of was...”what happens to the Miss Earth experience then”. Most of us acknowledge that Miss Earth provides the best pageant experience out there. But then no one is forcing anyone to join the virtual pageant, especially now that it has been announced. So every ND and delegate this year who chooses to participate knows what’s in store. As I pointed out, this allows previous national runners up to take advantage of the situation.

My guess is that we might see a smaller number of delegates this year. I haven’t seen any movements from some national orgs which means they’re probably gonna wait until next year.

As for Queen Nellys missing on her travels, it is but unfortunate. We all have been affected by the pandemic to some degree. But those who want to see her reign extended are making an assumption that she wants to do so. She just graduated from college right before she competed in MEPR last year. Perhaps she is itching to get a jumpstart on her career, including a modeling stint. We all know that the Queen’s responsibility doesn’t end with her reign. It’s up to her to continue advocating for the environment in the future. Think what happened to Queen Karen...she’s more loved than ever before because people realized that she was true to her mission. I do hope that Carousel allows her to do some traveling with the 2020 Queen next year, especially in the Americas, if she’s up to it.
Handsama

Date of Birth: 10 Jan 1987
Profession: Secret
Hobbies/Interests: Reading

Postby radagasdas » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:03 am

pippo93 wrote:
I DON'T LIKE IT. MAJOR PAGEANT LIKE MISS EARTH ARE NOT ONLY A FINAL NIGHT, IS NOT A FORMALITY. MISS WORLD MISS EARTH AND MISS INTERNATIONAL, ALL OF THEM HAS ONE POINT OF FORCE: THE PREPAGEANT ACTIVITIES (UNLIKE MISS UNIVERSE AND MISS SUPRNATIONAL THAT ARE MORE FOCUSED ON THE FINAL NIGHT). EXPECIALLY FOR MISS EARTH THAT AMONG THE BIG5 IS THE ONE WITH THE BEST PRE-PAGEANT ACTIVITIES.

BUT IS NOT ONLY THAT. IS ALSO AN OPPORTUNITY FOR THE GIRLS TO TRAVEL IN ANOTHER COUNTRY, ONE OF THE BEST EXPERIENCES OF THEIR LIFE. THE PREPARATION, THE TRAVEL, THE NEW FRIENDSHIPS, THE CHANCE TO COMPETE AND SHINE ON A PROPER STAGE, WITH A CROWD TO CHEER THEM.

NO-ONE WILL BE DEATH IF IN 2020 WILL NOT BE ANY PAGEANT. BUT THE GIRLS (AND ALSO THE 2019 WINNERS) NEED RESPECT AND THE CHANCE TO COMPETE IN A PROPER PAGEANT, A CHANCE TO FEEL A QUEEN.

How insensitive are you? The organization is doing its best to safeguard the girls from that dreaded virus. Do you have a vaccine now to make the girls safe? Do you have airlines available to fly the girls to the Philippines? What if your representative got sick of Covid-19 then blame it on the organizers. :-@ :-@ The world is struggling in controlling the disease. Remember pre-pageants activities involved a lot of social interactions with the local community for environmental awareness and campaign. The Philippine government is not allowing any mass gathering to stop the spreading of the virus. We don't know when this pandemic will end. Pray to God that this virus will not extend up to 2 or 3 years. The pageant world will be in catastrophic end if that happens. [-O< [-O<
Last edited by radagasdas on Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
radagasdas

Real Life Name/Nick: Joey
Date of Birth: 29 Mar 1976
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Administrative Aide VI
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: bowling, marathon, badminton

Postby pippo93 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:08 pm

radagasdas wrote:
pippo93 wrote:

How insensitive are you? The organization is doing its best to safeguard the girls from that dreaded virus. Do you have a vaccine now to make the girls safe? Do you have airlines available to fly the girls to the Philippines? What if your representative got sick of Covid-19 then blame it on the organizers. The world is struggling in controlling the disease. Remember pre-pageants activities involved a lot of social interactions with the local community. The Philippine government is not allowing any mass gathering to stop the spreading of the virus. :-@ :-@

I REPEAT TO YOU MY OPINION: FOR ME ALL THE INTERNATIONAL BEAUTY PAGEANTS SHOULD BE CANCELED AND POSTPONED TO 2021. I HAVE NEVER SAID THAT THE COMPETITION MUST BE HELD IN PRESENCE THIS YEAR. NEVER. MAYBE I WAS WRONG TO WRITE SOMETHING IN ENGLISH (I HAVE VERY BAD ENGLISH SKILLS) AND PEOPLE MISUNDERSTAND MY CONCEPT.

BUT ITS MY OWN OPINION. OBVIOUSLY I WILL FOLLOW THE CONTEST (AS WELL AS THE PAST 10 YEARS) EVEN IN A VIRTUAL MANNER.
pippo93

Postby manoypoe » Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:05 pm

pippo93 wrote:
radagasdas wrote:
pippo93 wrote:

How insensitive are you? The organization is doing its best to safeguard the girls from that dreaded virus. Do you have a vaccine now to make the girls safe? Do you have airlines available to fly the girls to the Philippines? What if your representative got sick of Covid-19 then blame it on the organizers. The world is struggling in controlling the disease. Remember pre-pageants activities involved a lot of social interactions with the local community. The Philippine government is not allowing any mass gathering to stop the spreading of the virus. :-@ :-@

I REPEAT TO YOU MY OPINION: FOR ME ALL THE INTERNATIONAL BEAUTY PAGEANTS SHOULD BE CANCELED AND POSTPONED TO 2021. I HAVE NEVER SAID THAT THE COMPETITION MUST BE HELD IN PRESENCE THIS YEAR. NEVER. MAYBE I WAS WRONG TO WRITE SOMETHING IN ENGLISH (I HAVE VERY BAD ENGLISH SKILLS) AND PEOPLE MISUNDERSTAND MY CONCEPT.

BUT ITS MY OWN OPINION. OBVIOUSLY I WILL FOLLOW THE CONTEST (AS WELL AS THE PAST 10 YEARS) EVEN IN A VIRTUAL MANNER.

Actually, after reading some of your and other forumers' concerns, I am now 50/50 about holding a virtual pageant. Upon seeing the delegates of Miss Earth USA dwindle by almost a half and the veterans and other frontrunners like Arizona, California, Maine and North Dakota preferred the live pageant tells us also what the queens do prefer. Likewise, witnessing and hearing from the Miss Philippines Earth delegates the challenges they have encountered during the virtual pageant also gave me some doubts that other countries who are not as pageant crazy as Philippines may not be able to cope up with the requirements of a virtual pageant and be disadvantaged. They might give up coz this requires more resources, a lot of work and logistics. Two months of pre-pageant activities is an not easy task.

I am in a dilemma. =O/ =O/ Part of me is hoping that Carousel may reconsider and reschedule the pageant next year but half of me wants to see how the virtual pageant in an international level will fare. All of us here are professionally sharing our opinions and I really like it. Whatever Carousel decides, we will all abide but since they have time, may Carousel contact, if not yet done, all the ND's and hear their concerns.
manoypoe

Postby Geeyourhair » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:54 am

I do not believe that it will be hard for the ND of each country to provide resources for the virtual pageant. All they have to do I guess is secure a camera, laptop, and internet connection. That is a lot cheaper to find (rent or borrow) than providing an all expense trip to the Philippines. They will definitely save a lot of money compared to participating in a live pageant.

If there will be less delegates this year...most likely the only reason is --- it is the girls not wanting to join a virtual pageant.
Geeyourhair

Postby manoypoe » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:03 am

Geeyourhair wrote:I do not believe that it will be hard for the ND of each country to provide resources for the virtual pageant. All they have to do I guess is secure a camera, laptop, and internet connection. That is a lot cheaper to find (rent or borrow) than providing an all expense trip to the Philippines. They will definitely save a lot of money compared to participating in a live pageant.

If there will be less delegates this year...most likely the only reason is --- it is the girls not wanting to join a virtual pageant.

They wont only need camera, laptop and internet connection. Set designs and locations will be a more headache. In order for one to stand out, her team needs to do extra effort. If one has a team, good for them. Remember, our Miss Earth Fire 2019, Alisa Manyonok? She had no team I think. If you have watched MPE and listening to their interviews after the pageant, the same problems will be faced by the ND's. i am hoping for the best. 60 to 70 delegates would be great this year.
manoypoe

PreviousNext

Return to Miss Earth