Will It Bite Us In the Ass?

Will It Bite Us In the Ass?

Postby fermnedoza » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:20 pm

Miss International '17 Trained in the Philippines Free of Charge!

http://www.philstar.com/entertainment/2017/11/26/1762426/other-queen-maker
Now it can be told, Kevin Liliana of Indonesia who went on to win Miss International 2017 was trained by Kagandahang Flores; the same beauty camp that trained the almost 50 Filipina international beauty titlists.

But what came to me as a shocker is the realization that they actually trained even foreign candidates like Liliana freee of charge!

In an interview by entertainment columnist Ricky Lo, Rodgil revealed that “In the case of Kevin Liliana, ‘yung pageant handler at organization nila nagkataon kaibigan ni Gio. Hindi naman kami tumatanggi as far as our advocacy is concerned. WE DON'T CHARGE FOR THEIR TRAINING. We have also trained girls from Japan, Cambodia, Angola, United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Italy, etc., and these girls have become our extended family.”

As a Filipino, I am amazed and proud of the kindness that KF camp is capable of BUT then I am also weary of the fact that this - training foreign candidates/girls - can bite us in the ass one day. Not only we are sharing our "winning recipe" we are not even charging in the doing?!

fermnedoza
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: fernan
Date of Birth: 19 Sep 1975
Profession: sales representative
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: reading books and browsing the internet.
Message: thanks for offering us a site where we could share ideas and share our passion for beauty pageants.

Re: Will It Bite Us In the Ass?

Postby Nikolska » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:40 pm

I just hope these camps are sharing only the "basic ingredients" of our winning recipe and not the best-kept secrets to foreign girls because, just like what you said, I also believe it will bite us in the ass one day. Pageants these days are getting tougher for our candidates because everyone's already stepping up their games. Surely, we don't want to go back to our dark ages, right?

I never wish to see a Filipina getting a bitter loss against another girl who is also trained in our country just like what happened to Venezuela in Miss Universe 2003. That would be very painful to watch.

And please, these "camps" can kill each other as much as they want during the nationals, but they must learn how to set aside their differences and unite for the country during International pageants. They should stop jeopardizing our queens by training girls from other countries just to put other camps down. That is BS. It's nothing short of betraying your own country.
Nikolska
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 17 Apr 1996
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Student
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Re: Will It Bite Us In the Ass?

Postby Stoichio » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:35 pm

Venezuela also trained girls from other countries. However, in 2003, their girl placed as runner up to one of the girls they trained (i.e. Amelia Vega) and the Venezuelans did not like it and they demanded Osmel not to train anymore. However, in 2005, I believe Ieva Kokorevica of Latvia trained with them.
Stoichio
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 2011
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Number 1
Hobbies/Interests: Nature tripping

Return to Miss International