Judging Process at Miss World 2017 Decoded?

Judging Process at Miss World 2017 Decoded?

Postby ajsy0203 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:15 am

You decide if I am right on this matter.

We knew last night about the election of Manushi Chillar of India as Miss World 2017 but for some of us we still did not know, how these girls were chosen after the announcement of Top 40. So I decided to decode on this matter:

Top 15
I think the top 15 were chosen by the performance in the Head to Head challenge along with the dress rehearsals the night before, so the judges allegedly knew the possible Top 40 quarterfinalists prior to the show.

Top 10
I think the top 10 were chosen when based on the semifinalists walked into the stage after they were announced as top 15. Maybe test of confidence and elegance.

Top 5
I think the top 5 were chosen by their introduction videos and once again walked into the stage in front of the judges and audience.

Final Results
The final results were based on the performance in the final question along with the overall impression by Mrs. Julia Morley herself according to some of the pageant fans or from the judges when they vote who should win Miss World 2017 and Mrs. Morley was for the tie-breaking vote based on 2013 edition.

Now you decide if my theories were true or not.

Last edited by ajsy0203 on Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
ajsy0203
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Office Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching

Re: Judging Process at Miss World 2017 Decoded?

Postby JorgeInternational » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:18 pm

The MW pageant format is very long and complicated...

In my opinion it is very strange to see Korea and Jamaica in the Top Ten when they did not stand out in any competition... Also very suspicious that Japan placed in the Top 15

Caused controversy when Julia Morley invited the National Director of the Philippines to be a member of the Jury... and you guys still call it a fair pageant. Laura Lehmann is beautiful, but will her position be justified with her national director in the judging panel?

The organization completely ignored the Oceania's contestants, when Australia and Fiji are such strong contenders.

And where is Miss Greece? Maria topped the leaderboard last time, and she is guaranteed to have a spot in the top 40.

Last edited by JorgeInternational on Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JorgeInternational
PREDICTIONISTS are known to give sharp & accurate pageant forecasts.
PREDICTIONISTS are known to give sharp & accurate pageant forecasts.

Date of Birth: 25 Jul 1999
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Gossips Official Informant
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: rugby, kicking - Read detective stories

Postby andrenwandy » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:26 pm

i wonder we cant find korea in any fast track winners but how come become top 10 even becoming queen of asia instead of indonesia
ImageImage
andrenwandy
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: andrew
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1981
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: kuli bangunan
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Pig
Hobbies/Interests: gym, travelling

Postby wokian2 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:46 pm

why does the user need to decypher how the judging process is?

India's winning Miss World apparently is also controversal, and apparently fixed (and bribed) by their Prime Minster.

Manashi did well on Q&A to be honest.. but we dont know how Miss World judge the competition.. so meh...
--
I dare all Missosologist members to use your REAL country flags on your profile. I mean, use PHILIPPINE flag, we all know y'all are pinoys hiding on a fake flag.
wokian2

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1980
Profession: pimp
Hobbies/Interests: watch

Postby maddy » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:16 pm

andrenwandy wrote:i wonder we cant find korea in any fast track winners but how come become top 10 even becoming queen of asia instead of indonesia

Cmon, This is happening since the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 2k, 2010s and till Julia is still alive.

Its not NEW to us. =D>

PHILIPPINES is the NEW Venezuela - Ms.Stella Araneta - Ms.International 1960

maddy

Real Life Name/Nick: JC Penn
Date of Birth: 04 Jan 1977
Profession: Commercial Photographer, Graphic Artist/Designer
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: Internet surfing, outting, shopping

Postby Prince Antoine » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:40 pm

Was there even a judging process? I am still puzzled at how they came up with the top 15 after the top 40 announcement when there was no evening gown competition at the very least that took place. Then shortly after announcing the top 15 they came up with the top 10 and then top 5. My assumption is that the top 10 were already pre - selected. From them the judges selected the top 5. My top 2 among the 5 were India and France but I was actually rooting for France to win coz' she's the most facially superior and she's a Miss World prototype but her poor English ability ruined her chances. Why is there even no interpreter available? Miss France's answer was at least sensible and direct she just failed to organize her thoughts because of language barrier. Miss India's answer was good but she had the advantage in terms of language. I was even surprised to see a number of candidates making the top 15 who came out of nowhere. Japan, Korea and Kenya for example. How can they even become a part of the top 15 when candidates from Venezuela(head to head challenge winner), Philippines(head to head and BWP winner),Vietnam (BWAP winner) and many others in the top 40 performed better in the fast track events? The judging this year is really weird.
Prince Antoine

Real Life Name/Nick: Antoine
Date of Birth: 28 Jan 1990
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: FASHION MERCHANDISING
Hobbies/Interests: Sketching

Postby Stoichio » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:11 pm

There was a moment in the show where the camera panned to the judges and I saw Julia already holding 2 cards and kept looking at the paper. While the other judges were just clapping at the girls but nothing (not a piece of paper) in front of them.

I'm shocked to learn that KOREA is Queen of Asia. She was nowhere in the fast tracks and if you watch the H2H Challenge of her group, she looked like a bimbo when she answered her final question. But anyway, we didn't see everything.

Also, if you watched all the H2H Challenge videos, you will clearly see who are the great speakers, eloquent and spontaneous. I thought that was the basis of last year's edition because Stephanie last year did not stand out in fast tracks so she must have aced the Interviews. But this year, it's a different story again. Every year they changed the criteria and format so their CHOSEN ONE in the beginning will end as a winner. They own the pageant, anyway.

I didn't like Vegafria's presence in tbe judging panel. Coz I believe since the very beginning that it will just be a disadvantage to Laura. Interview wise, Laura is in the Top 3 of the 120 girls. But like I said above, they seemed to lessen the impact of interview this year.

The best thing of the night is the fact they show Catriona not once but twice. And she was acknowledged and glorified by STEPHANIE. So nice of her.

Stoichio
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 2011
Profession: Number 1
Hobbies/Interests: Nature tripping

Postby hauteegirl » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:52 pm

Same whine every year, like the saying goes, “if there are gullible people, there are always deceivers” because we enable them. Stop patronizing her pageant and move to the pageant that has transparency in judging
hauteegirl
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: Queen
Date of Birth: 14 Jan 2008
Profession: beauty queen
Hobbies/Interests: exotic plants hobbyist

Postby soledad » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:53 am

why all the lengthy discussion about this. Who the Morleys want to be the winners will be the winners. the end.
soledad

Date of Birth: 29 Nov 1988
Profession: RN
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Being single and an INFP-T

Postby goddessoxana27 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:06 am

Oh! This thread was created for trafficking purposes only...

Snoozefest interlude!

:zzz :zzz :zzz :zzz :zzz
CREDITS TO THE OWNER OF THE POSTED ARTICLES, VIDEOS, AND PICTURES...

RESPECT, BEAUTY, HEALTHY, OBEDIENT, SMART and FRIENDLY, that's the essence of being a Goddess.
goddessoxana27
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Real Life Name/Nick: DyosaGandah
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1915
Profession: ----------------------------------
Hobbies/Interests: --------------------------
Message: Thank you for giving me a chance to become a member of this prestigious group.

Postby marcko » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:32 am

wala naman talaga judging sa Ms World. Pinpinile lang nila yan kung sino gusto nila. We just won in 2013 so mga 10 plus years before we get another Ms World. dead na siguro is Julya nun. Even if we send the most beautiful or intelligent hinde mananalo. So i send sa Ms world muna ung mga calibre ni Karen Ibasco. Pwede na un, kahit mag clap hinde na mapapansin. Kasi pag nag clap katulad ni Laura kapansin pansin eh. :)
marcko
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: pageantwatcher
Date of Birth: 11 May 1985
Profession: Builder
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Hobbies/Interests: beautiful people

Postby Jon A » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:40 am

There is no great mystery.

The top 40 simply reflects the group that made it through the field based on FTs and those who were chosen by the judges based on preliminary interviews and NOT already selected via FTs. For example, clearly girls like India and Mexico were in the judges' preliminary picks, but they already had spots secured via the H2H FT so their spots rolled over to other girls.

The top 15 was PRE-SELECTED based on preliminary interviews, observations of the MWO during the month long festival (these obersvations are key and one of the reasons why MW has such a long pre-finale period, they want to be certain they pick the right girl for a year!) and performance in the FTs. In essence, if there had been no FT spots or H2H challenges, and only a top 15 had been called, THIS is the group that would have been announced.(Conversely last year, although they announced the top 20, the top 10 was already pre-determined, and were the girls who finished in the top half based on prelim interviews and FTs, and the real competition only started at the top 10 stage).

The top 15 were whittled down to the top 10, 5 and top 3 based on pre-held opinions and their appearance on stage. Remember that in MW, most of the finale judges have extensive interaction with the girls before the finale and don't need to see a lot of the girls on stage to make their choices. The finale is to break ties, see who has grace under pressure and star quality on stage.
Jon A

Date of Birth: 19 Jan 1973
Profession: consultant
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Travelling, Pageants

Postby Iknowbeauty » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:21 pm

Jon A wrote:There is no great mystery.

The top 40 simply reflects the group that made it through the field based on FTs and those who were chosen by the judges based on preliminary interviews and NOT already selected via FTs. For example, clearly girls like India and Mexico were in the judges' preliminary picks, but they already had spots secured via the H2H FT so their spots rolled over to other girls.

The top 15 was PRE-SELECTED based on preliminary interviews, observations of the MWO during the month long festival (these obersvations are key and one of the reasons why MW has such a long pre-finale period, they want to be certain they pick the right girl for a year!) and performance in the FTs. In essence, if there had been no FT spots or H2H challenges, and only a top 15 had been called, THIS is the group that would have been announced.(Conversely last year, although they announced the top 20, the top 10 was already pre-determined, and were the girls who finished in the top half based on prelim interviews and FTs, and the real competition only started at the top 10 stage).

The top 15 were whittled down to the top 10, 5 and top 3 based on pre-held opinions and their appearance on stage. Remember that in MW, most of the finale judges have extensive interaction with the girls before the finale and don't need to see a lot of the girls on stage to make their choices. The finale is to break ties, see who has grace under pressure and star quality on stage.

Thank you. :=p
If there's one thing people need to understand about Miss World is not to treat it like every other pageant & have the same expectations from it Miss World has a different criteria & like you said it has a long pre-pageant activities for a reason because that's how they do most of the judging for Miss World, prior to the final. I thought that was well known. People just need to respect that every pageant has its own way of judging, but at the same time Miss World should elaborate during the final show how they're narrowing down the finalists to avoid accusations of rigging & confusion from the viewers.Just a simple mention from the host that top 15 is selected based on...top 10 based on, etc.
Iknowbeauty
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 15 Oct 2015
Profession: student
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Postby RatedX » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:46 am

What judging process?

MW is like a graduation ceremony, a mere formality. The valedictorian er I mean the winner has already been determined prior to the graduation ceremony er I mean coronation night by the MasterChef er I mean Granny Julia. The guest audience er I mean judges are just decorations. >:) >:) >:) >:) >:)
Big FOUR pageants: Miss Universe, MW, MI and ME
All other pageants are MINOR pageants.

BINGO Sandwich Cookies - Official Food Sponsor of Miss Grandma Extraterrestrial Empty Seats Pageant
RatedX

Date of Birth: 25 Dec 1991
Profession: Mayor of "El Tocuyo, Venezuela!"
Hobbies/Interests: Making bashers miserable

Return to Miss World