orbittle's Miss Universe Canada 2015 Predictions

orbittle's Miss Universe Canada 2015 Predictions

Postby orbittle » Sat May 23, 2015 11:53 pm

My blurbs aren't finished but here's my list. I'll be updating the blurbs now!!

Hey guys, so there's a couple more hours until the final show so I thought I'd get this over with before everything starts! Now my "predictions" are muddled with what I think will happen, statistics and my own personal preference. Sometimes MUC gets the Top 20 correct with the right combination of girls, other times (like last year) they totally throw me in for a loop with some of the choices. Nonetheless I think this year should be pretty cut and dry with regards to which girls should make the final cut (hopefully BOC's final results align with the more popular choices on this forum). So I've only ranked my Top 5, the others are in alphabetical. Anyways, here we go!

Highlighted are my guesses for the winners of the fast track
People's Choice Award - Emily Thompson, Lisa Ngyuen, Madison Colberg
Best Body - Anneline Helms, Kathryn Kohut, Michelle McKay
Best Runway - Kathryn Kohut, Melanie McGregor, Michelle McKay
Audience Favorite: Brynn Blackwood, Emily Thompson, Samantha Gomez
Humanitarian Award: Brittany Michalchuk, Brynn Blackwood, Lauren Heinsar, Lavanya Hiremath, Madison Colberg

Alternates:
Brittany Michalchuk, Catherine Valle, Sunny Dhaliwal, Yass Sadr

Top 20:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Amanda St. Marie - Amanda is the sole contender from Quebec that I like. Contestants from this province are notorious for always being outperformed (save for the one odd year in 2011 where 3 contestants made it into the Top 12), but Amanda is one of the stronger contestants in this pageant. I'd have definitely advanced her further but I feel that there are way too many experienced contestants this year that will snatch up the spots to the next round. Nonetheless I'm rooting for her and would definitely like to see her up at the Top 5 should the opportunity present itself.
Emily Thompson - Emily was not originally in my list. Seeing as how she was in the shortlist for both People's Choice and Audience Choice it's obvious that she has support that will allow her to win one of those awards. In the scope of my Top 20, While she is pretty, I'd say she's one of the weaker links and I'm sure that if she were to get a Fast Track she'd have a hard time advancing.
Jaime Vandenberg - Jaime is one of the two MTCW alum this year (MTCW alum are the shiz if you aren't aware) along with Hannah Simard. Last year both Sara and Lauren were included in the semis (both MTCW alum) and I expect the same to happen again this year. Like Sara and Lauren however, one outperformed the other and this year I think Hannah Simard will outperform Jaime, however I find Jaime better looking than Hannah.
Joana Szeen - Joana was always on my radar since she had passed the Western Ontario preliminary. She was pretty solid throughout the week and although she is on the shorter side I think she did well enough in the prelims to get noticed. What will push the org more towards her favor I think will be the interview, where she probably excelled. I haven't advanced her further since I think there are better bodies in the competition...plus height is might.
Kara Granger- Kara is an experienced contestant who participated and placed in Miss World Canada 2013, by that merit I think she'll place here. Now I don't remember the crossover success from MWC to MUC off the top of my head but I'm pretty sure that Kara has the abilities to place. I always think of her as Natalie Glebova 2.0, although the original still is the better version. She's very hit or miss with me but she has a good body and don't be surprised if she gives a strong showing this year and moves forward to the gown round.
Lavanya Hiremath - This is Lavanya's third and final (consecutive!) time trying out for Miss Universe Canada. I never got why she wasn't able to place in her previous attempts as she was in my lists at that time, but I believe this is her year for sure! The advantage Lavanya has is her previous experience of working with the org and the knowledge she's able to gleam from it. However, I don't think she'll get farther than Top 20 as there are (arguably) stronger contestants than her.
Maddison Fysh - Maddison is one of the stronger contestants that came out of the Western Ontario regionals and one of the better contestants this year.
Maleeka Singh - Maleeka was not on my radar throughout the pageant up until I saw that she was one of the few contestants chosen to speak publicly at an events - so I think the org has taken notice of her. Surprisingly she did well at the prelims, though I'd say her swimsuit portion was weaker than her evening gown portion. It is for this reason I don't see her advancing any further.

Top 12:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Anneline Helms
Ellika Loriamini
Hannah Simard
Madison Colberg
Melanie McGregor
Skye Nwaelleh
Willma Gendb

Top 5:
4RU - Brynn Blackwood

3RU - Lauren Heinsar

2RU - Paola Nunez

1RU - Michelle McKay

There's no denying that Michelle McKay is most probably the BOC's favorite, the one they're gunning for the win and the one who will most probably win this year. However, I can't bring myself to make her my winner. She has the goods to do well in this competition and will represent us at Miss Universe to the best of her abilities (placing as a semifinalist at Miss Universe is doubtful), but BOC has sent her out there internationally with less than stellar results. This past week though it's obvious to see that Michelle and Kathryn have been neck and neck but I think Kathryn has outperformed her at almost every step.

MUC15 - Kathryn Kohut

#TeamKatK all the way! Kathryn previously competed in Miss Universe Canada 2013 alongside two of her competitors this year, Michelle McKay and Lavanya Hiremath. Unfortunately both Lavanya and Kathryn went unplaced whereas Michelle McKay went all the way to Top 5 and placed as 4RU that year. Nonetheless Kathryn proved BOC wrong when she represented Canada at Miss Gwand International and placed 3rd overall (out of 85 contestants). I honestly believe she can do well at Miss Universe and I'll be absolutely gutted if she's overlooked again this year after doing everything correctly.

orbittle
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Profession: >_>
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: >_>

Return to Miss Universe