MISS UNIVERSE is the OLDEST surviving Beauty Queen Pageant

MISS UNIVERSE is the OLDEST surviving Beauty Queen Pageant

Postby phuphuoc » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:05 pm

MISS WORLD is not the first beauty pageant, MISS UNIVERSE is ... Because that time it was just a bikini show (there wasn't a Crown or a Title) !!!

Since 1952, the first beauty queen is Armi Helena Kuusela to be crowned as Miss Universe.

That is the truth!!

Last edited by phuphuoc on Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
phuphuoc
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: student
Hobbies/Interests: funniest

Re: MISS UNIVERSE is the oldest survived Beauty Queen Pagean

Postby phuphuoc » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:06 pm

phuphuoc

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: student
Hobbies/Interests: funniest

Re: MISS UNIVERSE is the oldest survived Beauty Queen Pagean

Postby Banned Bunny » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:13 pm

phuphuoc wrote:Image

Banned Bunny
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Mey galis Yan!!
Date of Birth: 04 Apr 2020
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: beautyqueen
Hobbies/Interests: murder walking
Message: maraming salmat mga kabaklaan! mhal n mhal ko.kayo!

Re: MISS UNIVERSE is the oldest surviving Beauty Queen Pagea

Postby Stage Diva » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:22 pm

I agree but Miss World I think is more established pageant today than Miss Universe because they will stage a pageant for 2014 not 2015 if you know what i mean.. >:) >:) >:) >:)
Stage Diva
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: Exclusive
Date of Birth: 22 Oct 1988
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Employee
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: pageants and moviews

Postby MISSUNIVERSEFANS » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:24 pm

bigbangtheory wrote:
Stage Diva wrote:I agree but Miss World I think is more established pageant today than Miss Universe because they will stage a pageant for 2014 not 2015 if you know what i mean.. >:) >:) >:) >:)

DEFINE ESTABLISHED. DO YOU MEAN AS LONG AS THEY STAGE IT EVEN THE PRELIMINARY ROUND IS DONE IN A PAMBARANGGAY CHEAP STAGE-- IS WHAT YOU CALL ESTABLISHED? OR PUSHING IT A BIT SO IT CAN EARN MORE MONEY AND HAVE A MORE DECENT VENUE THAN THE USUALLY CHEAP STAGE WHEN MW IS HELD IN UK. TELL ME.

Miss World USED TO BE great in terms of production when it was broadcast on UK's channel 5 or even sponsored by Top Shop, but now it is no where to be found on UK tv, except satellite channels. :-j
MISSUNIVERSEFANS

Date of Birth: 19 Jan 1995
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Undisclosed
Hobbies/Interests: Undisclosed

Postby shelunian » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:23 pm

Stage Diva wrote:I agree but Miss World I think is more established pageant today than Miss Universe because they will stage a pageant for 2014 not 2015 if you know what i mean.. >:) >:) >:) >:)

Miss America did it, why can't Miss Universe do it. As long as there's a pageant for 2014. It's more of a scheduling problem than financial.

How about Miss World being held again in London. If my memory serves me right, Miss World was in London for its first 25 years while Miss Universe was already in Asia for its '74 edition.

3 Miss Universe
1 Miss World
5 Miss International
3 Miss Earth

Follow me @pinoytvcritic

http://www.thepageantry.com
shelunian

Real Life Name/Nick: Shelu
Date of Birth: 17 Feb 1989
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Hobbies/Interests: Blogging, Shopping, Writing, Beauty Pageants

Re: MISS UNIVERSE is the OLDEST surviving Beauty Queen Pagea

Postby DOPE » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:00 am

sit yo asses down ratchets

Can you be happy that there is still Miss Universe, l ok e fo reals.

It's not even a big deal to the national orgs.
DOPE
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.

Date of Birth: 25 Dec 2000
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: ----
Hobbies/Interests: -----

Postby the critic » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:54 am

MISSUNIVERSEFANS wrote:
bigbangtheory wrote:

DEFINE ESTABLISHED. DO YOU MEAN AS LONG AS THEY STAGE IT EVEN THE PRELIMINARY ROUND IS DONE IN A PAMBARANGGAY CHEAP STAGE-- IS WHAT YOU CALL ESTABLISHED? OR PUSHING IT A BIT SO IT CAN EARN MORE MONEY AND HAVE A MORE DECENT VENUE THAN THE USUALLY CHEAP STAGE WHEN MW IS HELD IN UK. TELL ME.

Miss World USED TO BE great in terms of production when it was broadcast on UK's channel 5 or even sponsored by Top Shop, but now it is no where to be found on UK tv, except satellite channels. :-j

LOL. THAT'S THE THING MISS WORLD... IT'S STILL SURVIVING N STILL RELEVANT WITHOUT UK NETWORKS SPONSORING IT. UK IS NOT THE ONLY COUNTRY YET STILL MW IS THE MAIN REASON FOR ALL MAJOR UK PAGEANTS. IT'S NOT LIKE Miss Universe TOOK MW PLACE IN THE UK...IN FACT MISS UNIVERSE ISN'T ANYTHING THERE. MISS WORLD WAS BOLD ENOUGH TO HOST MISS WORLD 1991IN ATLANTA. NO CITY IN THE UK WOULD EVER HOST Miss Universe.

BTW IF Miss Universe RATINGS SHOULD DROP ANY LOWER IN USA THAN IT ALREADY IS I'M SURE NBC WOULD PULL THE PLUG.
the critic

Date of Birth: 26 Jul 1985
Profession: Journalist
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty, fashion photography

Postby the critic » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:06 am

phuphuoc wrote:MISS WORLD is not the first beauty pageant, MISS UNIVERSE is ... Because that time it was just a bikini show (there wasn't a Crown or a Title) !!!

Since 1952, the first beauty queen is Armi Helena Kuusela to be crowned as Miss Universe.

That is the truth!!

MISS WORLD ISN'T THE FIRST, WHO EVER CLAIMED THAT?...THERE WERE MANY INTERNATIONAL PAGEANTS B4 THAT FAILED N EVENTUALLY DIED OUT. HOW CAN YOU CLAIM MISS UNIVERSE IS THE FIRST PAGEANT? SO RIDICULOUS. IT'S NOT EVEN THE FIRST PAGEANT TO USE THE TITLE OF "Miss Universe".

U OBVIOUSLY R CLUELESS ABOUT BEAUTY PAGEANT HISTORY.
LOL
the critic

Postby lucy » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:14 am

MISS WORLD STARTED IN 1951 WHILE MISS U STARTED IN 1952, KNOW YOUR FACTS WELL :)>- :)>- :)>- :)>- :)>- :)>- :)>- , PLUS MISS WORLD NEVER SKIP A YEAR IN HOLDING PAGEANTS, WHILE MISS UNIVERSE IS NOW A BIENNIAL PAGEANT LIKE MISS TOURISM QUEEN, NO PAGEANT THIS YEAR, BAKA NAKALIMUTAN NYO NA MAS POPULAR PA SA AMERIKA ANG MISS WORLD AT MISS AMERICA KAYSA MISS U SA STATES :-j :-j :-j :-j :-j :-j :-j :-j :-j :-j :-j :-j =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) :%)) :%)) :%)) :%)) 8-} 8-} 8-} 8-} 8-} 8-} 8-} :=p :=p :=p :=p :=p :=p
lucy

Real Life Name/Nick: lucy
Date of Birth: 12 Dec 1985
Profession: professor
Hobbies/Interests: pageants, tennis, beaches, heritage sites

Postby ab2 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:32 am

I'm not an expert on this or anything, and forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think the first edition of "Miss Universe" or the International Pageant of Pulchritude was held in 1926 where Cathrine Moylan from the US won. But because of WW2, the pageant was cancelled, and then returned in 1952 with a different organiser. So I think it should be the oldest pageant.

Lisl Goldarbeiter, Miss Universe 1929 from Austria

-Yes, you are my only one Sergey Lazarev!-
[youtube]gHgxi57Um0w[/youtube]
ab2

Real Life Name/Nick: anthony
Date of Birth: 20 Feb 1997
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants and Eurovision!!!

Postby the critic » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:53 am

shelunian wrote:

Miss America did it, why can't Miss Universe do it. As long as there's a pageant for 2014. It's more of a scheduling problem than financial.

How about Miss World being held again in London. If my memory serves me right, Miss World was in London for its first 25 years while Miss Universe was already in Asia for its '74 edition.

MISS AMERICA IS NOT AN INTERNATIONAL PAGEANT NOWADAYS IT'S JUST A NATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP PLATFORM FOR YOUNG LADIES COVERED AS A BEAUTY CONTEST. LOL. THE REASON IT SKIPPED A YEAR WAS DUE TO SERIOUS DIFFICULTIES THAT COULD'VE ENDED THE ORG.

AND MISS WORLD HAD NO REASON TO LEAVE LONDON... ALL ITS SPONSORS WERE BASED THERE AND THE BBC WANTED IT THERE.
the critic

Postby lucy » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:04 am

ab2 wrote:I'm not an expert on this or anything, and forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think the first edition of "Miss Universe" or the International Pageant of Pulchritude was held in 1926 where Cathrine Moylan from the US won. But because of WW2, the pageant was cancelled, and then returned in 1952 with a different organiser. So I think it should be the oldest pageant.

IT IS NOT RECOGNIZED AS MISS U JUST A CHEAP PULCHRITUDE COLLEGE PAGEANT 8-} 8-} 8-} 8-} 8-} 8-} 8-} , THE REAL PAGEANT STARTED IN 1952 :)>- :)>- :)>- :)>- :)>-

lucy

Real Life Name/Nick: lucy
Date of Birth: 12 Dec 1985
Profession: professor
Hobbies/Interests: pageants, tennis, beaches, heritage sites

Postby mre26 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:25 pm

phuphuoc wrote:MISS WORLD is not the first beauty pageant, MISS UNIVERSE is ... Because that time it was just a bikini show (there wasn't a Crown or a Title) !!!

That is the truth!!

Just so you know, the reason why Miss Universe was formed was that organizers of Miss World refused to hold the first pageant in the US. US then created their own international pageant.

And to address your issue of how established Miss World is, they have already gathered more than US$3B for their charities. Miss Universe's is not even a quarter of that. Do not let glamour be the measure of what is more established. Both pageants have their own equity. Miss World's is the more traditional beauty pageant. But the more important thing for them is to stay true to their equity, "beauty with a purpose."
mre26

Date of Birth: 10 Feb 1986
Profession: actor
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Hobbies/Interests: reading

Postby the critic » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:26 am

ab2 wrote:I'm not an expert on this or anything, and forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think the first edition of "Miss Universe" or the International Pageant of Pulchritude was held in 1926 where Cathrine Moylan from the US won. But because of WW2, the pageant was cancelled, and then returned in 1952 with a different organiser. So I think it should be the oldest pageant.

LOL. THEN WHY AREN'T THOSE QUEENS OF THE 20S LISTED AS PAST WINNERS, SINCE U CLAIM IT'S THE SAME MISS UNIVERSE. MISS UNIVERSE HAS CHANGED ORGANIZERS SEVERAL TIMES FROM PACIFIC MILLS TO KAYSER ROTH TO GULF & WESTERN AND NOW TRUMP/NBC. THEY ALL CONSIDER THE START AT 1952.
the critic

Postby MISSUNIVERSEFANS » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:48 am

the critic wrote:
MISSUNIVERSEFANS wrote:
bigbangtheory wrote:

LOL. THAT'S THE THING MISS WORLD... IT'S STILL SURVIVING N STILL RELEVANT WITHOUT UK NETWORKS SPONSORING IT. UK IS NOT THE ONLY COUNTRY YET STILL MW IS THE MAIN REASON FOR ALL MAJOR UK PAGEANTS. IT'S NOT LIKE Miss Universe TOOK MW PLACE IN THE UK...IN FACT MISS UNIVERSE ISN'T ANYTHING THERE. MISS WORLD WAS BOLD ENOUGH TO HOST MISS WORLD 1991IN ATLANTA. NO CITY IN THE UK WOULD EVER HOST Miss Universe.

BTW IF Miss Universe RATINGS SHOULD DROP ANY LOWER IN USA THAN IT ALREADY IS I'M SURE NBC WOULD PULL THE PLUG.

Oh wait, the feminist protestants still exist, let's see what will they do this December! >:)

Let's be honest, I used to enjoy watching Miss World. The last decent show was 2011 and it was in London.

In 1991, Atlanta was a back up plan after Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic backed out, the pageant was nearly happened in January 1992.(December 28, 1991)

Undeniably, Miss World has better deal with their host countries, their back up plans are always impressive, South Africa (2008) and Sanya (2010) are excellent examples. Despite the controversy around and the pageant forced to move back to UK, 2002 was one of the best edition I have ever watched.

Miss Universe, despite how desperate the sponsors dominated the live telecast, the show still going on smoothly. Last year contest WAS NOT BROADCAST LIVE in USA and I believe that's one of the reasons that it broke the ratings record new low in years. Despite Las Vegas was a backup plan and last minute deal, 2012 edition pulled a decent yet entertaining show and it was in the holiday season. :=p

In conclusion, Miss Universe is the only pageant that I am willing to spend time to download and watch years after years, minus the irrelevant performance by Steven Tyler, the horrible Jeannie Mai and her color of joy theory or the rushing crowning moment, it is still relevant to me at least. :)>-
MISSUNIVERSEFANS

Date of Birth: 19 Jan 1995
Profession: Undisclosed
Hobbies/Interests: Undisclosed

Postby AbiRose » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:17 pm

the critic wrote:
shelunian wrote:

MISS AMERICA IS NOT AN INTERNATIONAL PAGEANT NOWADAYS IT'S JUST A NATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP PLATFORM FOR YOUNG LADIES COVERED AS A BEAUTY CONTEST. LOL. THE REASON IT SKIPPED A YEAR WAS DUE TO SERIOUS DIFFICULTIES THAT COULD'VE ENDED THE ORG.

AND MISS WORLD HAD NO REASON TO LEAVE LONDON... ALL ITS SPONSORS WERE BASED THERE AND THE BBC WANTED IT THERE.

Miss America did NOT skip a year - they crowned Mallory Hagan in January and Nina Davuluri in September of 2013. The reason being that after Mallory won in Vegas, the Pageant was moved back to Atlantic City and the traditional September crowning, so Mallory only reigned 9 months (as they brought the edition forward, rather than pushing back so Mallory reigned 18 months) and Nina a year (she crowned her successor recently)
AbiRose
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.

Real Life Name/Nick: Abi
Date of Birth: 27 Aug 1991
Profession: Model
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Postby the critic » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:07 pm

AbiRose wrote:
the critic wrote:
shelunian wrote:

Miss America did NOT skip a year - they crowned Mallory Hagan in January and Nina Davuluri in September of 2013. The reason being that after Mallory won in Vegas, the Pageant was moved back to Atlantic City and the traditional September crowning, so Mallory only reigned 9 months (as they brought the edition forward, rather than pushing back so Mallory reigned 18 months) and Nina a year (she crowned her successor recently)

THAT'S HOW I RECALLED WHAT HAPPENED IN MISS AMERICA. WHAT I DON'T RECALL IS HOW THE REACHED A JANUARY DATE A FEW YEARS AGO.
the critic

Postby AbiRose » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:22 pm

the critic wrote:
AbiRose wrote:
the critic wrote:
shelunian wrote:

THAT'S HOW I RECALLED WHAT HAPPENED IN MISS AMERICA. WHAT I DON'T RECALL IS HOW THE REACHED A JANUARY DATE A FEW YEARS AGO.

I assume they did what Miss Universe has done this year.
AbiRose

Real Life Name/Nick: Abi
Date of Birth: 27 Aug 1991
Profession: Model
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Return to Miss Universe