Amy Willerton couldn't attend Miss Universe GB Final

Re: Amy Willerton couldn't attend Miss Universe GB Final

Postby Hashim » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:03 pm

AbiRose wrote:For those of you not on Instagram, this is a little message from Amy following on from her initial post.

"Thank you everyone for your support and kind messages - truly I have cried so many tears over the insult Vibe have thrown at me by not inviting me to the final tonight. The reason for this being they tried to claim commission on work that didn't relate to them - I fought their lawyers and the case was dropped. I feel hurt but I do not seek revenge - karma collects those who have wronged. I needed to speak out to clarity any doubt that me not attending was out of my own choice ... Amy x"

I just love her even more after all this.Have to agree with everything she has to say.

Miss International 1994 Christina Lekka

Hashim
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: Myself
Date of Birth: 25 Sep 1984
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Software Engineer
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Hobbies/Interests: Swimming
Message: I have been following pageants for a very long time.

Postby Juan Sebastian » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:21 pm

Hashim wrote:
MISSUNIVERSEFANS wrote:
Colonel Sanders wrote:
Jupiter Street wrote:
I remember her auctioning a blue beaded necklace she constantly wore to raise money for typhoon victims here in the PH. And I very much remembered how some of the Filipino forumers maligned her for auctioning what they called a "cheap" accessory. :%)) Anyways, if she only had proper styling she would have placed higher. Good luck, Amy. :-*

She actually scored well in EG competition and qualified to move in the Top 5 until the score was averaged! :)>-

TRUTH :%(( :%(( :%(( :%(( :%((

Ukraine and Great Britain deserved to be in the top 5.Venezuela,Spain,Ecuador,Ukraine and Great Britain would have been such an awesome top 5. :hx :hx :hx

That would have been the BEST Top 5 in years :hx at Miss Universe! Any of them would've made a great winner!

Anyways, about this, Amy does not deserve to be treated like that. They should have invited her and honored her accomplishments that she has done throughout the past year as she is the most successful British Pageant Titleholder that has competed in Miss Universe in a very long time.
[youtube]Dq_uy1qcO-k[/youtube][youtube]5hXShNmEc44[/youtube][youtube]tQbbdvmyjS8[/youtube]
Juan Sebastian
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: Juan Sebastian
Date of Birth: 06 Apr 1990
Profession: Pharmacist
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: music, gambling & miss universe
Message: Like give it up at this point. It's me, I win, you lose hahahahaha

Postby Jake.Horan » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:55 am

AbiRose wrote:There is absolutely NO proof she asked for a fee - Amy has reigned for a year now and has been incredibly pro-active during her year, often using her own initiative to prepare (like her wardrobe for Miss Universe for example). It could be anything from an outstanding expense from her prep, an outstanding/owed prize, to the organisers not paying her travel expenses to finals (which is the done thing here - nearly all organisers I know book hotels and transport for their outgoing queens as a goodwill gesture)

Stop speculating that Amy asked for money to attend - passing the crown is an honour and i'm sure Amy knows that :)

THANK YOU! I don't get how people suddenly jumped into the unsubstantiated conclusion.

Anyway, that was rather unfortunate for Amy seeing that she's done so well representing Pommie-landia in Miss Universe last year.

Still remains to be my sentimental favourite though, Amy, regardless of whatever controversy she and/or other people has gotten her into.
Jake.Horan

Date of Birth: 15 Dec 1990
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Entourage Guy
Hobbies/Interests: Smart conversations

Postby AMADEUZ » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:17 am

astella wrote:They didn't like that Amy flipped her hair during the swimsuit round. Anyways, I loved it! Mr. Trump could have made more money if only Amy won.

Hahahahaha! That hair flip was so pageant patty but it was kinda cute when she did that lol. I was like "yasss bitch". =;))
AMADEUZ

Date of Birth: 14 Feb 1990
Sexual Orientation: Lesbian
Profession: JUNKIE
Hobbies/Interests: SNUGGLING

Postby Malcanthet » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:28 pm

So that is the entire story.
I think Miss Universe GB shot themselves in the foot. Given how they have treated Amy...one of their more successful and more well known titleholders (who actually rose beyond being known only as the girl who fled the Asia Pacific Pageant).it will make other girls more apprehensive and thinking twice about joining the pageant!
Malcanthet
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: TCL
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1969
Profession: Adm Asst
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: Music, swimming

Postby theduchess1 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:10 am

Cant dispute that Amy was the best to date that GB has sent to Miss Universe and I think she could have done better. I am proud that she did so well but not so proud of other things surrounding Amy. So Miss Universe aside.....

With regards to her not being able to hand over her crown at this years MUBG lets not forget that Amy has a track history of this nasty habit of intentionally falling out with people, tv shows, managers, agents etc all to gain extra publicity... To be honest i don't think it was a classy thing to do to put out messages trashing Vibe. Vibe hasn't made any statements about it confirming or contesting what we have heard from Amy via her tweets, of which some have been quite insulting towards Vibe and other more mindful of how she will be perceived. Vibe along with Katie Price (who she also intentionally fell out with, said many derogatory things about Katie Price and her brand publicly in order to promote herself as a celebrity) at the end of the day these two people/brands is who she owes her "fame" to. Simply if it were not for Kate Price's show and the Miss GB crown then Amy would be nothing. Oh and then of course there was her ex boyfriend who was from a prominent middle-eastern family who's family business is high end diamonds and jewellery, and used this relationship to gain financially and socially and would even call the paparazzi so she could pose with him in very contrived ways in the hope it will end up in the mail online. Soon after she won Miss GB she kicked him to the curb and totally humiliated him (but that was of course after he bought her most of her Miss Universe wardrobe)!!! I just think she is quite ungrateful and so fame hungry she is not only willing but makes it common practice to throw all her sponsors and even her boyfriend under the bus for extra news columns! Sad but true! I don't think she is a nice person!

Ohh dear it sounds like i really dislike her and am trying to assassinate her character but honestly all the above is true - you can find it all in a quick google search. Its her actions I don't like because it just give pageant girls in the UK a bad rep and thus will never be supported in the mainstream if girls like this behave as they do.

P.S I don't think that it would be the most insane reason she didn't attend is because she wanted appearance payment from Vibe.... In fact i didn't really think about that before but now someone has said it speculation or not it does kind of sound like something a person like this would demand!
theduchess1
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: the duchess
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: pageant follower
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: sports
Message: Hi Missosologist - reporting from the Pageants of the UK

Postby AbiRose » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:29 am

astella wrote:
theduchess1 wrote:Cant dispute that Amy was the best to date that GB has sent to Miss Universe and I think she could have done better. I am proud that she did so well but not so proud of other things surrounding Amy. So Miss Universe aside.....

With regards to her not being able to hand over her crown at this years MUBG lets not forget that Amy has a track history of this nasty habit of intentionally falling out with people, tv shows, managers, agents etc all to gain extra publicity... To be honest i don't think it was a classy thing to do to put out messages trashing Vibe. Vibe hasn't made any statements about it confirming or contesting what we have heard from Amy via her tweets, of which some have been quite insulting towards Vibe and other more mindful of how she will be perceived. Vibe along with Katie Price (who she also intentionally fell out with, said many derogatory things about Katie Price and her brand publicly in order to promote herself as a celebrity) at the end of the day these two people/brands is who she owes her "fame" to. Simply if it were not for Kate Price's show and the Miss GB crown then Amy would be nothing. Oh and then of course there was her ex boyfriend who was from a prominent middle-eastern family who's family business is high end diamonds and jewellery, and used this relationship to gain financially and socially and would even call the paparazzi so she could pose with him in very contrived ways in the hope it will end up in the mail online. Soon after she won Miss GB she kicked him to the curb and totally humiliated him (but that was of course after he bought her most of her Miss Universe wardrobe)!!! I just think she is quite ungrateful and so fame hungry she is not only willing but makes it common practice to throw all her sponsors and even her boyfriend under the bus for extra news columns! Sad but true! I don't think she is a nice person!

Ohh dear it sounds like i really dislike her and am trying to assassinate her character but honestly all the above is true - you can find it all in a quick google search. Its her actions I don't like because it just give pageant girls in the UK a bad rep and thus will never be supported in the mainstream if girls like this behave as they do.

P.S I don't think that it would be the most insane reason she didn't attend is because she wanted appearance payment from Vibe.... In fact i didn't really think about that before but now someone has said it speculation or not it does kind of sound like something a person like this would demand!

:-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O

This is a huge revelation. I really liked Amy and the way she tossed her hair during the swimsuit segment. I never thought she's a fame hoe!!!!

Coming out of my self-imposed sabbatical from posting here.

I have known Amy since she was 17. Yes, Amy has competed in two reality shows now (Signed by Katie Price being the first) - her issue with Black Sheep Management and Ms Price was that Black Sheep went back on their word to provide particular things, such as a holiday to the Maldives. Instead they offered her a break to Marbella that was of a much lower monetary value. Secondly, they gave Amy the Range Rover, expecting an 18 year old to be able to afford £10,000 insurance! Obviously Amy couldn't pay that, so they took the car and (allegedly) sourced alternatives that never materialised.

As for her comments about Vibe - the fact they haven't responded is probably down to the fact they lost their case. Trying to claim money they do not deserve is just plain greedy. If they had no involvement in Amy negotiating to appear on I'm a Celebrity, they had no right to try and claim commission on her fee.

Amy's personal life is Amy's personal life and not something I care to discuss, largely because it's none of my business. However, I really doubt she'd behave in the way you are describing. There are comments in the media she's supposed to have said, regarding her not really working out in a gym much until she came out of her relationship with Mo. I don't see those comments as humiliating to him at all, if that's what you're referring to. Otherwise I can't see how she has humiliated him? She was single when she went into the jungle (I met with Amy a couple of weeks before she went to Miss Universe and they had been broken up several months by then). He can't have bought her most of her wardrobe for Miss Universe as she hadn't chosen all of it from Topshop then and she still hadn't definitively decided on gowns.

If you believe everything you read on a quick Google search, you deserve to be misinformed. The internet is full of baloney stories. Like the accusation she asked for a fee when I know for a fact she did not.

You haven't commented on here since 2012 and then all of a sudden you're back with quite an insulting post on Amy, plus a few odds and ends about Supranational UK? Not remotely suspicious...
AbiRose
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.

Real Life Name/Nick: Abi
Date of Birth: 27 Aug 1991
Profession: Model
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Postby theduchess1 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:41 am

AbiRose wrote:
Coming out of my self-imposed sabbatical from posting here.

I have known Amy since she was 17. Yes, Amy has competed in two reality shows now (Signed by Katie Price being the first) - her issue with Black Sheep Management and Ms Price was that Black Sheep went back on their word to provide particular things, such as a holiday to the Maldives. Instead they offered her a break to Marbella that was of a much lower monetary value. Secondly, they gave Amy the Range Rover, expecting an 18 year old to be able to afford £10,000 insurance! Obviously Amy couldn't pay that, so they took the car and (allegedly) sourced alternatives that never materialised.

As for her comments about Vibe - the fact they haven't responded is probably down to the fact they lost their case. Trying to claim money they do not deserve is just plain greedy. If they had no involvement in Amy negotiating to appear on I'm a Celebrity, they had no right to try and claim commission on her fee.

Amy's personal life is Amy's personal life and not something I care to discuss, largely because it's none of my business. However, I really doubt she'd behave in the way you are describing. There are comments in the media she's supposed to have said, regarding her not really working out in a gym much until she came out of her relationship with Mo. I don't see those comments as humiliating to him at all, if that's what you're referring to. Otherwise I can't see how she has humiliated him? She was single when she went into the jungle (I met with Amy a couple of weeks before she went to Miss Universe and they had been broken up several months by then). He can't have bought her most of her wardrobe for Miss Universe as she hadn't chosen all of it from Topshop then and she still hadn't definitively decided on gowns.

If you believe everything you read on a quick Google search, you deserve to be misinformed. The internet is full of baloney stories. Like the accusation she asked for a fee when I know for a fact she did not.

You haven't commented on here since 2012 and then all of a sudden you're back with quite an insulting post on Amy, plus a few odds and ends about Supranational UK? Not remotely suspicious...

Abi, ok i understand that Amy is a friend of yours and you want to defend her character but what you are saying is wrong especially with the Blacksheep/Katie Price incident... All the contestants on that show were fully aware from the outset that if they win then they would have to sign exclusively to the label. This would also imply that any prizes for the winner would be based on the winner signing to the label. Amy refused to sign to the label because she didn't get famous overnight and complained that Blacksheep/Katie Price did not fulfil their promises yet she fell out with the label before the show had even aired. You can expect to become famous overnight when the reality show you won had not even been aired therefor that "stepping-stone" had not yet been put in place. Instead Amy went out to slag off the show calling it a complete joke, slag off the label, and slag off Katie Price all publicly selling her stories to the media for a quick fix of fame!

Also with regards to Vibe - Vibe did deserve a cut of I'm a celebrity commission as she went in as Miss Universe GB that what qualified her as a “celebrity”. All the MUGB winners in the past have been tied to Vibe's agency for the year they are Miss GB. Again its much like the Blacksheep story... You simply can't use a brand as a pedestal and then try rewrite the rules when it suits! If she has won Miss Universe then she would have been tied to Trump's agency and the same would have applied! Again now that she is signed with ModelsOne they take commission regardless of whether the "work" is sourced yourself or give by the agency. Thats just how it works! As you speculate that "Vibe obviously didn't win their case" - this is irrelevant as the fact of the matter being Amy's behaviour was not decent and she did not respect the normal “laws of agency”.

Another very important item i forgot to mention in my original post was Miss Asia Pacific World controversy that Amy created. This article that she sold to several British tabloids was so derogatory about the pageant industry as a whole as some articles didn't mention the name of the pageant but just generalised with "the dark side of pageants". In these articles Amy basically point blank accused Miss Venezuela of prostituting herself and disappearing with various organisers in order to win the talent award! She also implied that every contestant that won an award or did well in the overall placements was swapping sexual favours (prostitution) for those awards/titles in the contest…. As i said these media article did not distinguish between the various pageants and instead generalised that ALL pageants have this “dark side”. Is this what you would call a "baloney" story? Because it came straight from the horses mouth and onto Google!! Again i didn't recall reading any other scandals from other contestants... nope just Amy again!

You imply that i am rude to mention Amy’s ex boyfriend and this is her private life and its no ones business…. i’m sorry but that is crazy as Amy constantly makes her private life public business… in the last 7days alone there have been 4 MailOnline articles about her private life either getting close to some guy in St Tropez to going on a date with some guy in London. Seemingly she more than happy and encouraging to be photographed and have the media speculate on her love life.

My whole point of my post was because I’m sure that the pageant community on this site does not follow british tabloids so are seemingly surprised that Amy was not handing over the crown and probably unaware of her history of causing controversy which in my opinion (and i don’t stand alone) just to gain news columns. Also Amy’s actions have given Pageants in the UK and contestants who enter them a bad reputation suggesting they are all self-indulgent selfish girls who are just after a bit of fame, a rich and/or celebrity boyfriend and a lot of scandal!

You also say that i haven’t posted since 2012 and have only chosen to post “derogatory” things about Amy and a little on Supranational and suggest that this is sinister and “not remotely suspicious”…. Obviously i only follow these pageants when a good friend of mine enters them and want to help support and promote her in these pageants… why is that “suspicious”? MANY people on this site are only here to promote their friends, family, even themselves etc etc thats just normal behaviour! In the past i have never made any nasty/derogatory comments about the various winners or other contestants even though i thought my girlfriend should have done better because thats not a nice thing to do…. Amy Willerton the other had is a totally different kettle of fish because if you follow the MailOnline as i do then you will see many articles about her on a monthly basis and you see the comments/public opinion of her which in whole isn’t very complimentary! It is this that makes me so angry!! Again as i said above the pageant community on this site does not follow British press so are unaware of these scandals and public opinion! And with your help jump to accuse Vibe mistreating Amy in some way which really is not the case!

Amy had the opportunity to really promote pageants in a good light in the UK and get other people interested in them and get corporations wanting to sponsor them etc etc… what she has done is the exact opposite not only lowering public opinion of herself but of the whole pageant industry ….. This is very disappointing to say the least!
theduchess1

Postby AbiRose » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:45 pm

theduchess1 wrote:Abi, ok i understand that Amy is a friend of yours and you want to defend her character but what you are saying is wrong especially with the Blacksheep/Katie Price incident... All the contestants on that show were fully aware from the outset that if they win then they would have to sign exclusively to the label. This would also imply that any prizes for the winner would be based on the winner signing to the label. Amy refused to sign to the label because she didn't get famous overnight and complained that Blacksheep/Katie Price did not fulfil their promises yet she fell out with the label before the show had even aired. You can expect to become famous overnight when the reality show you won had not even been aired therefor that "stepping-stone" had not yet been put in place. Instead Amy went out to slag off the show calling it a complete joke, slag off the label, and slag off Katie Price all publicly selling her stories to the media for a quick fix of fame!

Also with regards to Vibe - Vibe did deserve a cut of I'm a celebrity commission as she went in as Miss Universe GB that what qualified her as a “celebrity”. All the MUGB winners in the past have been tied to Vibe's agency for the year they are Miss GB. Again its much like the Blacksheep story... You simply can't use a brand as a pedestal and then try rewrite the rules when it suits! If she has won Miss Universe then she would have been tied to Trump's agency and the same would have applied! Again now that she is signed with ModelsOne they take commission regardless of whether the "work" is sourced yourself or give by the agency. Thats just how it works! As you speculate that "Vibe obviously didn't win their case" - this is irrelevant as the fact of the matter being Amy's behaviour was not decent and she did not respect the normal “laws of agency”.

Another very important item i forgot to mention in my original post was Miss Asia Pacific World controversy that Amy created. This article that she sold to several British tabloids was so derogatory about the pageant industry as a whole as some articles didn't mention the name of the pageant but just generalised with "the dark side of pageants". In these articles Amy basically point blank accused Miss Venezuela of prostituting herself and disappearing with various organisers in order to win the talent award! She also implied that every contestant that won an award or did well in the overall placements was swapping sexual favours (prostitution) for those awards/titles in the contest…. As i said these media article did not distinguish between the various pageants and instead generalised that ALL pageants have this “dark side”. Is this what you would call a "baloney" story? Because it came straight from the horses mouth and onto Google!! Again i didn't recall reading any other scandals from other contestants... nope just Amy again!

You imply that i am rude to mention Amy’s ex boyfriend and this is her private life and its no ones business…. i’m sorry but that is crazy as Amy constantly makes her private life public business… in the last 7days alone there have been 4 MailOnline articles about her private life either getting close to some guy in St Tropez to going on a date with some guy in London. Seemingly she more than happy and encouraging to be photographed and have the media speculate on her love life.

My whole point of my post was because I’m sure that the pageant community on this site does not follow british tabloids so are seemingly surprised that Amy was not handing over the crown and probably unaware of her history of causing controversy which in my opinion (and i don’t stand alone) just to gain news columns. Also Amy’s actions have given Pageants in the UK and contestants who enter them a bad reputation suggesting they are all self-indulgent selfish girls who are just after a bit of fame, a rich and/or celebrity boyfriend and a lot of scandal!

You also say that i haven’t posted since 2012 and have only chosen to post “derogatory” things about Amy and a little on Supranational and suggest that this is sinister and “not remotely suspicious”…. Obviously i only follow these pageants when a good friend of mine enters them and want to help support and promote her in these pageants… why is that “suspicious”? MANY people on this site are only here to promote their friends, family, even themselves etc etc thats just normal behaviour! In the past i have never made any nasty/derogatory comments about the various winners or other contestants even though i thought my girlfriend should have done better because thats not a nice thing to do…. Amy Willerton the other had is a totally different kettle of fish because if you follow the MailOnline as i do then you will see many articles about her on a monthly basis and you see the comments/public opinion of her which in whole isn’t very complimentary! It is this that makes me so angry!! Again as i said above the pageant community on this site does not follow British press so are unaware of these scandals and public opinion! And with your help jump to accuse Vibe mistreating Amy in some way which really is not the case!

Amy had the opportunity to really promote pageants in a good light in the UK and get other people interested in them and get corporations wanting to sponsor them etc etc… what she has done is the exact opposite not only lowering public opinion of herself but of the whole pageant industry ….. This is very disappointing to say the least!

1) The issues with the prizes happened as the show was airing and immediately after. I doubt those prizes would have materialised whoever won, so to say it was because Amy fell out with Black Sheep is ridiculous. The show was a flop, the ratings were absolutely dismal to the point the media took a while to cotton on to who Rylan even was when he showed up on the X Factor.

2) If Vibe didn't set up any of the negotiations for Amy to compete in I'm A Celebrity, then legally they had NO right to any cut of the earnings she made from it. She wasn't exclusively managed by them, and they had no part in the negotiations. Amy went in as Miss Universe GB, but she probably would have went in as a Model, had she not won that particular title. That's the ONLY link to Vibe and it wasn't one that stood up in court, as their legal team found out when Amy challenged their claim.

3) The media twist things, including the Mail Online. Unless you hear it from Amy's mouth, especially regarding Miss APW, take it with a pinch of salt. There are still videos on youtube showing the confrontations with the Pageant Organisers if you want to watch it yourself

4) I said I wouldn't comment on Amy's love life as it's not my place to - even if she does happen to be papped with a man on a date or a holiday, it's still not my place to comment. She wouldn't do that to me, so I wouldn't do it to her.

5) Actually, the vast majority of people use this forum to follow PAGEANTS. Yes, some have a particularly nationalistic agenda or do have ties to certain contestants, but they don't go round making derogatory remarks about others, especially those who have done so well for themselves. Oh, and the MailOnline comments section is NOT the kind of place to judge someone's popularity. The people who comment there couldn't be happy and upbeat if you put them in a rainbow painted room full of fluffy puppies...

I won't be drawn into a debate about Amy's character or what has gone on, but all I will say in closing is that your opinion is formed on biased media coverage. Mine is formed on a friendship :)
AbiRose

Postby keyss » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:08 pm

You have to admit controversies follow her like her own shadow does. :%)) I don't trust anybody that was on a reality tv show about wanting to become famous. She comes off very thirsty a la Kim.K
keyss

Date of Birth: 29 Aug 1987
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: self employed
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: beauty

Postby theduchess1 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:41 am

AbiRose wrote:[

1) The issues with the prizes happened as the show was airing and immediately after. I doubt those prizes would have materialised whoever won, so to say it was because Amy fell out with Black Sheep is ridiculous. The show was a flop, the ratings were absolutely dismal to the point the media took a while to cotton on to who Rylan even was when he showed up on the X Factor.

2) If Vibe didn't set up any of the negotiations for Amy to compete in I'm A Celebrity, then legally they had NO right to any cut of the earnings she made from it. She wasn't exclusively managed by them, and they had no part in the negotiations. Amy went in as Miss Universe GB, but she probably would have went in as a Model, had she not won that particular title. That's the ONLY link to Vibe and it wasn't one that stood up in court, as their legal team found out when Amy challenged their claim.

3) The media twist things, including the Mail Online. Unless you hear it from Amy's mouth, especially regarding Miss APW, take it with a pinch of salt. There are still videos on youtube showing the confrontations with the Pageant Organisers if you want to watch it yourself

4) I said I wouldn't comment on Amy's love life as it's not my place to - even if she does happen to be papped with a man on a date or a holiday, it's still not my place to comment. She wouldn't do that to me, so I wouldn't do it to her.

5) Actually, the vast majority of people use this forum to follow PAGEANTS. Yes, some have a particularly nationalistic agenda or do have ties to certain contestants, but they don't go round making derogatory remarks about others, especially those who have done so well for themselves. Oh, and the MailOnline comments section is NOT the kind of place to judge someone's popularity. The people who comment there couldn't be happy and upbeat if you put them in a rainbow painted room full of fluffy puppies...

I won't be drawn into a debate about Amy's character or what has gone on, but all I will say in closing is that your opinion is formed on biased media coverage. Mine is formed on a friendship :)

lol Abi - Just like your friend you can't understand the Law of Agency even though have tried to explain it very basically.. IT DOESNT MATTER VIBE DID NOT SECURE I'M A CELEB, AMY WAS UNDER CONTRACT AND USING THE BRAND NAME MISS UNIVERSE GB. Who pays to use that brand name? Amy? You? or Vibe? therefore who can trademark it and charge commission when someone uses that brand name?

Its a far stretch now Abi to claim if someone else had won Signed by Katie Price they wouldn't have had the prizes... Well if like Amy they didn't sign i'm sure would have gone the same way. Also the whole reason that show didn't take off was because of Amy selling out the brand a few weeks after Airing made it a disaster. Amy was the flop/disappointment not the show because she pulled out leaving the show high and dry! Can you really not see it from that perspective? =O/

.... millions on British people a day read MailOnline and comment... so yeah you can base to a certain degree what public opinion is on the comments on MailOnline articles! Also given most of the articles on Amy have been put out/ encouraged by Amy herself so to make out the media is twisting things is also a far stretch. ha and to say MailOnline readers/commenters have sad lives.... what about people who obsessively write in pageant forums.....

Anyways - can't be bothered to convince a brick wall of the social realities of life... The long and short is Amy has given pageants a VERY VERY VERY negative reputation and has lowered British public opinion even more than it was before her! She had the opportunity to promote herself, the brand (MUBG), pageants in general, charity etc etc in a positive manner instead she has chosen scandal, scandal, scandal! This is not as you claim "doing so well for herself", this is what you call a fame hoe!!! P.S If you think this is someone "doing so well" and successful then you really need to aspire to different role models because this is not what pageants are about. In my opinion, call me crazy, but pageants promote Beautiful, elegant, decent and LADYLIKE women!

P.S - i also think its very bad and derogatory of you Abi to always be trashing Vibe on this site. I may not have been commenting but i follow now and then... You are one of the only pageant bloggers from the UK on this site and therefore have more of a responsibility not to allow your personal dislike of the brand/company because if potential contestant read your derogatory posts then they would never enter MUGB.... After all you can't get to Miss Universe without winning MUGB first!
Last edited by theduchess1 on Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
theduchess1

Postby theduchess1 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:42 am

keyss wrote:You have to admit controversies follow her like her own shadow does. :%)) I don't trust anybody that was on a reality tv show about wanting to become famous. She comes off very thirsty a la Kim.K

Thank you..... Exactly my point!!! =D>
theduchess1

Postby AbiRose » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:03 pm

1) I know several of the SBKP finalists, not just Amy, and they all said the same thing.

2) Just because it's on the internet, doesn't mean it's true - comments on websites included.

3) What the hell is the "law of agency" ? Contractual law is easily settled but can come down to the smallest detail, which is probably what happened.

4) If Amy is such a bad thing for British Pageantry, why is she held in such high regard by her peers? I see so many girls on social media crediting her work as MUGB for sparking their interest/revived interest/increased commitment in Pageants. The British public on the whole will always be mostly ambivalent towards Pageants unless they are in some way connected to one through a positive (or indeed a negative) experience. It's not really to do with her activities since, but it's more to do with how she worked as MUGB and how she performed on a global level. Can't argue with 6th place at Miss Universe, missing out on the top 5 to a controversial Filipina

5) I have no interest in competing in Miss Universe - I know their image doesn't fit with my personality and I know where I'm more suited to. I am NOT "trashing" Vibe - I have commented on things I believe they have done wrong, but also praised them where it is due, like I would with any system.

6) Amy is someone I look to as an example of perseverence, especially in terms of competing. I do not aspire to fame and fortune (well, the latter would be nice, but I don't fancy being papped bare-faced in my gym gear en route to a Starbucks!) so I have other role models in terms of career. Just because Amy has gone down the fame route doesn't make her unladylike.

As it happens, I do have a Pageant to prepare for, so I will be making NO FURTHER COMMENT on these issues. You dragged them up, I will put them to bed.
AbiRose

Previous

Return to Miss Universe