Miss UNIVERSE Jamaica 2014

Re: Miss UNIVERSE Jamaica 2014

Postby yellowyam1 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:47 am

the critic wrote:
yellowyam1 wrote:
the critic wrote:
Danamoguy22 wrote:now lets make this fun lol. what kind of gown/silhouette yall want to see miss fennel in?

SOMETHING CLEAN CUT AND ELEGANT. NOTHING TOO SOFT, FRILLY OR GLITZY. THINK MEXICO 2010 OR KOSOVO 2009.

I'LL POST SOME PICS OF GOWNS THAT WILL SUIT HER WHEN I HAVE THE TIME TO SCROLL SOME FASHION BLOGS.

Good luck with that, I am sure they'll give her a 80s prom gown for the finals

UZURI IS YET TO SURPRISE ME. THEY HAVE SOME GOOD DESIGN BUT THE STICHING N FABRICS THEY USE MAKE THE GOWNS LOOK TACKY

they are stuck in the 80s with those cheap looking prom gowns looks and let me not get started about the Fabrics oh lord, I dont know why they keep using cheap Fabrics.I feel bad for Kaci because the top 20 girls will be wearing designer gowns while poor Kaci will be stuck in another Yendi knock off from 2010 lol

yellowyam1
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Real Life Name/Nick: nick
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1982
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: manager
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: watching beauty pageants

Postby miss_ting » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:47 pm

according to todays gleaner, Kerrie Baylis also received a Hyundai as part of her prize in 2013. I dont believe this is true, can anyone confirm? This pic, she seem to be promoting the prize for the 2014 winner...
miss_ting
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1983
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Entrepreneur
Hobbies/Interests: travel, cuisine, design, beauty, fashion

Postby the critic » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:46 pm

miss_ting wrote:according to todays gleaner, Kerrie Baylis also received a Hyundai as part of her prize in 2013. I dont believe this is true, can anyone confirm? This pic, she seem to be promoting the prize for the 2014 winner...

CAN YOU PLEASE LET US FORGET HEATHER?

THE LAST I SAW OF HER WAS PHOTO BOMBING QUEEN KACI'S CROWNING PHOTOS WITH HER PLAIN SQUEEZED UP FACE N LONG NOSE.
the critic
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 26 Jul 1985
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Journalist
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty, fashion photography

Postby heathers » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:28 pm

We hope Uzuri capitalizes on the Miami location. Crowd support should never be a factor, but we see how it has helped some plain Phillippina queens make the Top 5. Also, once we heard the noise in the auditorium when the Brazilian audience went up for Leila Lopes, we knew that was no way she was losing the crown.

Jamaicans will support a winner or someone they think can win -- see Tessane Chin. So hopefully Uzuri will get their PR machine in gear to bring out the Jamaican massive for the Miss Universe prelim and finals.
THERE IS ALWAYS AT LEAST ONE PLAIN HEATHER.
[youtube]hyPbYlVrD3k[/youtube]
heathers
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: heathers 1, 2, 3 and 4
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Sexual Orientation: Bicurious
Profession: actors (working, but not famous). we are legion.
Hobbies/Interests: fashion. staying in character as the heathers.

Postby wiezgo » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:24 pm

WELL, MISS UNIVERSE IS A COMPETITION AND EVENTHOUGH KACI IS UNIQUELY GORGEOUS, NO OTHER GIRL IS GOING TO STAND BY AND WATCH HER OR ANY OTHER GIRL WALK AWAY WITH THE CROWN. THIS IS WHY UZURI HAD TO PICK A GIRL WHO WOULD POTENTIALLY GET TO THE SEMIS EASIER BECAUSE ONCE YOU ARE IN, ANY THING COULD HAPPEN. YES, THOSE LATINOS WILL BE LOUDLY CHEERING AND SUPPORTING THEIR OWN BUT IF ENOUGH OF THE JUDGES ARE NONE LATINO, THEY MAY BECOME ANNOYED AND TIP THEIR VOTES IN FAVOR OF A STUNNING NONE LATINA GIRL. I AM JUST SPECULATING BECAUSE NONE OF US ARE SURE WHAT WILL HAPPEN EXCEPT THAT THE LATINO POPULATION WILL BE GOING ALL OUT TO SUPPORT THEIR OWN. I HOPE JAMAICANS AND THE CARRIBEAN COMMUNITY SUPPORT OUR GIRLS AS WELL.
Last edited by wiezgo on Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:47 am, edited 4 times in total.
wiezgo

Real Life Name/Nick: anthony
Date of Birth: 29 Aug 2014
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: social observer
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Hobbies/Interests: travelling, tennis
Message: This site is interesting due to all the beauty experts' opinions. I would love to give my views.

Postby the critic » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:48 pm

heathers wrote:We hope Uzuri capitalizes on the Miami location. Crowd support should never be a factor, but we see how it has helped some plain Phillippina queens make the Top 5. Also, once we heard the noise in the auditorium when the Brazilian audience went up for Leila Lopes, we knew that was no way she was losing the crown.

Jamaicans will support a winner or someone they think can win -- see Tessane Chin. So hopefully Uzuri will get their PR machine in gear to bring out the Jamaican massive for the Miss Universe prelim and finals.

MISS MISS TING LIVES IN FLORIDA, BOCA RATON I BELIEVE.

LOL.

WHEN THE CAMERA CUTS TO THE AUDIENCE YOU'LL SEE HER WAVING THE BLACK GREEN GOLD. FRONT ROW RIGHT BEHIND THE JUDGES WITH HER HUGE BUBBLA BREASTS.
the critic

Postby IslandPrincess » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:12 pm

heathers wrote:We hope Uzuri capitalizes on the Miami location. Crowd support should never be a factor, but we see how it has helped some plain Phillippina queens make the Top 5. Also, once we heard the noise in the auditorium when the Brazilian audience went up for Leila Lopes, we knew that was no way she was losing the crown.

SO TRUE. Miss Ting should ensure all of Kingston 6 comes out and supports. I will be trying to attend of course. That is, if I don't join Miss Ting on a fabulous vacation to Monoco or somewhere equally as exotic. Fingers crossed that the dates don't clash. =;))
IslandPrincess

Real Life Name/Nick: ToniC
Date of Birth: 12 Oct 1986
Profession: Student of Life
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Hobbies/Interests: Reading and pageantry.

Postby wiezgo » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:35 am

Image I PULL THIS PICTURE FROM MY DOSSIER OF PHOTOS BECAUSE I REMEMBERED IN 2013 THAT THIS WAS THE PICTURE THAT CONVINCED ME THAT KACI COULD BE MISS UNIVERSE. YES, THE MAKEUP JOB IS SHODDY BUT THE LOOKS. IT WAS KILLER. HER BEAUTY IN THIS PHOTO SHOWED HER FIERCE AND EDGY BEAUTY AND I AM HOPING THROUGH OUT MISS UNIVERSE HER LOOK AND SOPHISTICATION WILL MAKE HER STANDOUT. SHE WILL NOT BE SIMILAR TO ANYONE ELSE. YES, I RECOGNIZE SHE NEEDS TO WORK ON INTERVIEWING SKILLS AND THE BODY CAN BE PERFECTED EVEN MORE BUT SHE HAS TIME SO I AM OPTIMISTIC.
Last edited by wiezgo on Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
wiezgo

Message: This site is interesting due to all the beauty experts' opinions. I would love to give my views.

Postby heathers » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:18 am

IslandPrincess wrote:

SO TRUE. Miss Ting should ensure all of Kingston 6 comes out and supports. I will be trying to attend of course. That is, if I don't join Miss Ting on a fabulous vacation to Monoco or somewhere equally as exotic. Fingers crossed that the dates don't clash. =;))

Wow -- you Princess St folk are so loyal, even after you make it to Kingston 6. Don't know how you will survive that January vacay with Ting though -- She will still be depressed from Laurie's inevitable non-placing at Miss World. LOL.
heathers

Postby heathers » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:20 am

heathers wrote:
IslandPrincess wrote:

Wow -- you Princess St folk are so loyal, even after you make it to Kingston 6 and better. Don't know how you will survive that January vacay with your former neighbor Ting though -- She will still be depressed from Laurie's inevitable non-placing at Miss World. LOL.
heathers

Postby miss_ting » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:28 pm

heathers wrote:
heathers wrote:
IslandPrincess wrote:

Wow -- you Princess St folk are so loyal, even after you make it to Kingston 6 and better. Don't know how you will survive that January vacay with your former neighbor Ting though -- She will still be depressed from Laurie's inevitable non-placing at Miss World. LOL.

you guys are funny, liberty does come through carelessness!
miss_ting

Postby miss_ting » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:31 pm

wiezgo wrote:Image I PULL THIS PICTURE FROM MY DOSSIER OF PHOTOS BECAUSE I REMEMBERED IN 2013 THAT THIS WAS THE PICTURE THAT CONVINCED ME THAT KACI COULD BE MISS UNIVERSE. YES, THE MAKEUP JOB IS SHODDY BUT THE LOOKS. IT WAS KILLER. HER BEAUTY IN THIS PHOTO SHOWED HER FIERCE AND EDGY BEAUTY AND I AM HOPING THROUGH OUT MISS UNIVERSE HER LOOK AND SOPHISTICATION WILL MAKE HER STANDOUT. SHE WILL NOT BE SIMILAR TO ANYONE ELSE. YES, I RECOGNIZE SHE NEEDS TO WORK ON INTERVIEWING SKILLS AND THE BODY CAN BE PERFECTED EVEN MORE BUT SHE HAS TIME SO I AM OPTIMISTIC.

Not worried about interview skills, she has the persona to pull it off. Im more worried about her upper area- 32 is flat by Miss Universe perfectionist standard. Hopefully the trainers will help to build some muscle mass in the area.
miss_ting

Postby cocorica » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:15 pm

I AM THERE WITH MY BIG BLACK GREEN AND GOLD FLAG!!!!!!!!! YES PEOPLE MIAMI HERE I COME!!!!!!!! NOW THE MATTER AT HAND, I AM WILLING TO START A FUND FOR A JLO MARCHESA POOPINA OR A HALLE BERRY POOPINA, BECAUSE UZURI CAN'T CRASS THE GOWN DESIGN!!!!!!! WITH THE DRESSMAKER STITCHING!!!!! WE NEED DESIGNER NOT COBBLER! LEAVE IT TO SIRIANO, MARCHESA, TONY BOWLS, OR VERA WANG.... MI WI PASS ROUND THE COLLECTION PLATE IF EVERYBODY GIVE A DOLLAR A WEEK UNITL JANUARY WE CAN RAISE A GOOD 15G FOR A SMASHING GOWN! A LA J LO..... NOW KACI IS SUCH A HOLLYWOOD STARLET TYPE BEAUTY, CAN UZURI DO HAR JUSTICE AND RESEARCH EDITH HEAD THE GREAT FAMED COSTUME DESIGNER OF THE HOLLYWOOD ERA AND GIVE HER A WARDROBE LIKE LIZ TAYLOR IN ELEPHANT WALK, RUBY GENTRY, AUDREY HEPBURN AND GRACE KELLY? DO PLEASE MI A BEG OOOOOOOOOONUUUUUU NO FLOP THE GIRL BEFORE SHE REACH!!!!!! MARY J PLASTIMOSA AND ROLENE STRAUSS OF SOUTH AFRICA A COME FI WIN.... WE MUST TOOOOOOOO! LAWD A MASSI. [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X
[img]
[img]http://i55.tinypic.com/14j4tmq.jpg[/img]
[/img]
cocorica

Date of Birth: 14 Mar 1911
Profession: FAIRY GODMOTHER
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: beauty pageants

Postby MARIO/GOD OF BEAUTY » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:03 am

cocorica wrote:I AM THERE WITH MY BIG BLACK GREEN AND GOLD FLAG!!!!!!!!! YES PEOPLE MIAMI HERE I COME!!!!!!!! NOW THE MATTER AT HAND, I AM WILLING TO START A FUND FOR A JLO MARCHESA POOPINA OR A HALLE BERRY POOPINA, BECAUSE UZURI CAN'T CRASS THE GOWN DESIGN!!!!!!! WITH THE DRESSMAKER STITCHING!!!!! WE NEED DESIGNER NOT COBBLER! LEAVE IT TO SIRIANO, MARCHESA, TONY BOWLS, OR VERA WANG.... MI WI PASS ROUND THE COLLECTION PLATE IF EVERYBODY GIVE A DOLLAR A WEEK UNITL JANUARY WE CAN RAISE A GOOD 15G FOR A SMASHING GOWN! A LA J LO..... NOW KACI IS SUCH A HOLLYWOOD STARLET TYPE BEAUTY, CAN UZURI DO HAR JUSTICE AND RESEARCH EDITH HEAD THE GREAT FAMED COSTUME DESIGNER OF THE HOLLYWOOD ERA AND GIVE HER A WARDROBE LIKE LIZ TAYLOR IN ELEPHANT WALK, RUBY GENTRY, AUDREY HEPBURN AND GRACE KELLY? DO PLEASE MI A BEG OOOOOOOOOONUUUUUU NO FLOP THE GIRL BEFORE SHE REACH!!!!!! MARY J PLASTIMOSA AND ROLENE STRAUSS OF SOUTH AFRICA A COME FI WIN.... WE MUST TOOOOOOOO! LAWD A MASSI. [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X

OH PUHLEASE..LOL :%)) :%)) :%)) MJ IS DEFINATELY NOT PRETTY ENOUGH TO WIN.SO I WOULD NOT EVEN WORRY ABOUT HER...THE LATINAS ARE THE ONES JAMAICA NEEDS TO WORRY ABOUT..LOL >:)
BEAUTY POLICE

[youtube]ikNGBSkFgjE[/youtube]
[youtube]rekP2iwhT5Q[/youtube]
MARIO/GOD OF BEAUTY
BEAUTY EXPERTS have very GOOD TASTE in beauty.

Profession: MARKETTING EXECUTIVE
Hobbies/Interests: GYM,SPEED WRITING,

Postby heathers » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:12 am

cocorica wrote:I AM THERE WITH MY BIG BLACK GREEN AND GOLD FLAG!!!!!!!!! YES PEOPLE MIAMI HERE I COME!!!!!!!! NOW THE MATTER AT HAND, I AM WILLING TO START A FUND FOR A JLO MARCHESA POOPINA OR A HALLE BERRY POOPINA, BECAUSE UZURI CAN'T CRASS THE GOWN DESIGN!!!!!!! WITH THE DRESSMAKER STITCHING!!!!! WE NEED DESIGNER NOT COBBLER! LEAVE IT TO SIRIANO, MARCHESA, TONY BOWLS, OR VERA WANG.... MI WI PASS ROUND THE COLLECTION PLATE IF EVERYBODY GIVE A DOLLAR A WEEK UNITL JANUARY WE CAN RAISE A GOOD 15G FOR A SMASHING GOWN! A LA J LO..... NOW KACI IS SUCH A HOLLYWOOD STARLET TYPE BEAUTY, CAN UZURI DO HAR JUSTICE AND RESEARCH EDITH HEAD THE GREAT FAMED COSTUME DESIGNER OF THE HOLLYWOOD ERA AND GIVE HER A WARDROBE LIKE LIZ TAYLOR IN ELEPHANT WALK, RUBY GENTRY, AUDREY HEPBURN AND GRACE KELLY? DO PLEASE MI A BEG OOOOOOOOOONUUUUUU NO FLOP THE GIRL BEFORE SHE REACH!!!!!! MARY J PLASTIMOSA AND ROLENE STRAUSS OF SOUTH AFRICA A COME FI WIN.... WE MUST TOOOOOOOO! LAWD A MASSI. [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X

We so agree with you on the gown issue -- will Uzuri let their egos get in the way? They did an excellent job with the pageant so far, but we think they will need to be disciplined when it comes to the gown. This is one issue where advice from knowledgable people with real high fashion experience and good taste will be helpful.

Please Uzuri -- if you insist on making Kaci's gowns, please make sure they are impeccably constructed from the finest materials. We do not want to see Kaci on the Miss Universe stage in anything looking like this.

We know some of you love this gown, but the construction is very poor. Look at how the shiny red cheap-looking fabric at the front is rumpled where it connects with the nude fabric on the sides. Every single Uzuri gown with this kind of cutout looks like this. Ugh!

Excluding the pink gown, these gowns below that were posted earlier in this thread are a massive improvement from the red gown above. They are more expensive looking and show much better craftsmanship.

So, while I agree with Cocorica about getting a real designer gown -- that is not gonna happen. So let's just hope Uzuri is moving in the right direction and surprises us.
heathers

Postby miss_ting » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:48 pm

I think we're being extra hard on UZURI. In all fairness they have grown with experience. Jamaica..is not ITALY, you wont find Versaci, esp anyone looking like Donattella there . Cut them some slack. Where are they to find $$ to commission expensive couture gowns overseas? They have talent, my problem is when they are responsible for the entire wardrobe, all the pieces, incl cocktail dresses tend to look similar in concept. They are good with gowns, all they need is time, space, and some good material to produce something worthy. The MUJ contestants wore UZURI during the finale, and some gowns were lovely, some we've seen before. This is one of my favourites:

miss_ting

Postby MARIO/GOD OF BEAUTY » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:11 pm

miss_ting wrote:I think we're being extra hard on UZURI. In all fairness they have grown with experience. Jamaica..is not ITALY, you wont find Versaci, esp anyone looking like Donattella there . Cut them some slack. Where are they to find $$ to commission expensive couture gowns overseas? They have talent, my problem is when they are responsible for the entire wardrobe, all the pieces, incl cocktail dresses tend to look similar in concept. They are good with gowns, all they need is time, space, and some good material to produce something worthy. The MUJ contestants wore UZURI during the finale, and some gowns were lovely, some we've seen before. This is one of my favourites:

THE TOP HALF OF THE GOWN LOOKS GOOD BUT THE BOTTOM PIECE NEEDS TO BE THROWN AWAY..LOL #:-S #:-S DO YOU REALLY SIT DOWN AND WATCH THE 10 MOST RECENT MISS UIVERSE EVENING GOWN COMPETITION AND SEE THE TYPE OF GOWNS WORN? LOOK AT XIMENA'S GOWN, IT WAS SIMPLY RED AND FLOWY...IT FIT HER WELL AND SHE WORE IT LIKE A QUEEN.YENDI'S BLUE GOWN WAS NOT BAD BUT THE STYLE WAS NOT AS ELEGANT.UZURI NEEDS TO COPY STYLES FROM THE RED CARPET AND USE THEM.ALSO,BLUE IS NOT A GOOD COLOR FOR EVERY QUEEN.TRY OTHER COLORS......
BEAUTY POLICE

[youtube]ikNGBSkFgjE[/youtube]
[youtube]rekP2iwhT5Q[/youtube]
MARIO/GOD OF BEAUTY

Profession: MARKETTING EXECUTIVE
Hobbies/Interests: GYM,SPEED WRITING,

Postby the critic » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:24 pm

miss_ting wrote:I think we're being extra hard on UZURI. In all fairness they have grown with experience. Jamaica..is not ITALY, you wont find Versaci, esp anyone looking like Donattella there . Cut them some slack. Where are they to find $$ to commission expensive couture gowns overseas? They have talent, my problem is when they are responsible for the entire wardrobe, all the pieces, incl cocktail dresses tend to look similar in concept. They are good with gowns, all they need is time, space, and some good material to produce something worthy. The MUJ contestants wore UZURI during the finale, and some gowns were lovely, some we've seen before. This is one of my favourites:

IF TRINIDAD, BAHAMAS, ARUBA CAN DO QUALITY FABRICS. WHY CAN'T JAMAICA.
:
THE STYLES R GREAT AT TIMES BUT THE STICHING N FABRICS SUCKS. EVEN THE GREEN GOWN KACI WON IN LOOKED BULGY N CHAKKA CHAKA FROM THE KNEE DOWN. BUT I DID LOVE THE INTRICATE PATTERNS OF THE TOP HALF.
the critic

Postby yellowyam1 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:32 pm

the critic wrote:

IF TRINIDAD, BAHAMAS, ARUBA CAN DO QUALITY FABRICS. WHY CAN'T JAMAICA.
:
THE STYLES R GREAT AT TIMES BUT THE STICHING N FABRICS SUCKS. EVEN THE GREEN GOWN KACI WON IN LOOKED BULGY N CHAKKA CHAKA FROM THE KNEE DOWN. BUT I DID LOVE THE INTRICATE PATTERNS OF THE TOP HALF.

Amen I agree with you, time for Jamaica to get modern gowns.I am sick of the 80s proms gowns time to move up into 2014
yellowyam1

Postby MrBeau » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:36 pm

heathers wrote:

We so agree with you on the gown issue -- will Uzuri let their egos get in the way? They did an excellent job with the pageant so far, but we think they will need to be disciplined when it comes to the gown. This is one issue where advice from knowledgable people with real high fashion experience and good taste will be helpful.

Please Uzuri -- if you insist on making Kaci's gowns, please make sure they are impeccably constructed from the finest materials. We do not want to see Kaci on the Miss Universe stage in anything looking like this.

We know some of you love this gown, but the construction is very poor. Look at how the shiny red cheap-looking fabric at the front is rumpled where it connects with the nude fabric on the sides. Every single Uzuri gown with this kind of cutout looks like this. Ugh!

Excluding the pink gown, these gowns below that were posted earlier in this thread are a massive improvement from the red gown above. They are more expensive looking and show much better craftsmanship.

So, while I agree with Cocorica about getting a real designer gown -- that is not gonna happen. So let's just hope Uzuri is moving in the right direction and surprises us.

I don't fancy the gown Kaci or Monique Brady wore.

I prefer the blue gown Saneta wore however the orange/reddish (whatever color it is) one looked better on Dianne Brown.
MrBeau
MrBeau

Date of Birth: 20 Jun 1978
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants/Sports

Postby wiezgo » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:35 pm

ImageYES, GOOD DRESSES, BUT WE NEED THE DRESS OF "THE DRESS" TO WIN INTERNATIONAL PAGEANTS UZURI NEEDS TO STEP UP THEIR CREATIVE GENIUS BECAUSE KACI NEEDS NO HINDERANCES.
wiezgo

Postby 2Rahtid » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:53 pm

Think about it guys. UZURI is the Franchise Holder, UZURI is a designer.
If you pay all that for a FRANCHISE, and you get a WINNER as KACI, wouldnt you want to be the one to design the Coronation Gown for her?
Why give that opportunity to another designer.
Be real.
What you should do is help out UZURI by suggestiong the kind of silhouette you see Kaci wearing when she is CROWNED Miss Universe on January 18.
2Rahtid

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1981
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Swimmming

Postby yellowyam1 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:22 am

2Rahtid wrote:Image
If you pay all that for a FRANCHISE, and you get a WINNER as KACI, wouldnt you want to be the one to design the Coronation Gown for her?
Be real.
What you should do is help out UZURI by suggestiong the kind of silhouette you see Kaci wearing when she is CROWNED Miss Universe on January 18.

THE PROBLEM UZURI GOWNS ARE STALE AND OUTDATED AND LOOK LIKE PROM GOWNS. THEY ARE JUST NOT UP TO INTERNATIONAL STANDARDS. THEY USE CHEAP AND TACKY FABRIC, THE CUTS, THE SLITS THE RHINESTONES ARE OK FOR LOCAL PAGEANTS BUT FOR MISS UNIVERSE HELL NO.IF TNT AND BAHAMAS CAN GET GOOD GOWNS THEN WHY CAN'T JAMAICA? THEY GAVE A GREAT SHOW NOW ITS TIME FOR THEM TO SWALLOW THEIR PRIDE AND BUY KACI AN OFF THE RACK GOWN. ITS NOT ONLY ABOUT THEM IT'S ALSO ABOUT JAMAICA
yellowyam1

Postby wiezgo » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:37 am

THE FIRST TWO ARE GREEK GODDESS TYPE GOWNS. THEY WOULD COMPLIMENT KACI VERY WELL. THE BLACK ONE, I WOULD PREFER IN WHITE WITH THE BLACK EMBROIDERY IN THE WAISTLINE. ALL THREE HUGS THE WAISTLINE WHICH WOULD ENHANCE KACI'S CURVES BEAUTIFULLY ImageImageImageTHIS LAST ONE, I HAVE LOVED FROM WAY BACK BUT OUT OF THE THREE IT IS NOW MY LEAST FAVORITE.
wiezgo

Postby the critic » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:06 am

Be real.

IM NOT AGAINST THEM DESIGNING THE GOWN. I JUST DON'T WANT TO SEE QUEEN KACI IN ANY CHEAP LOOKING, GLITZY OR SHINY SHINY FROCK. THATS MY ONLY CONCERN.

AND PLEASE, NO SECRETS COS I DON'T HAVE ANY SOURCES IN JAMAICA LIKE MARIO TO PINCH ME N TELL MI WHAT A GWAAN.

DO A PUBLIC VIEWING N POLL FOR OPINIONS.

THE LAST TIME A JAMAICAN QUEEN HAD A SECRET GOWN WAS A DISASTER. SHE CAME OUT ON STAGE IN ORDOS, CHINA LOOKING LIKE A BRONZE MESS. LOL
the critic

Postby the critic » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:07 am

Be real.

IM NOT AGAINST THEM DESIGNING THE GOWN. I JUST DON'T WANT TO SEE QUEEN KACI IN ANY CHEAP LOOKING, GLITZY OR SHINY SHINY FROCK. THATS MY ONLY CONCERN.

AND PLEASE, NO SECRETS COS I DON'T HAVE ANY SOURCES IN JAMAICA LIKE MARIO TO PINCH ME N TELL MI WHAT A GWAAN.

DO A PUBLIC VIEWING N POLL FOR OPINIONS.

THE LAST TIME A JAMAICAN QUEEN HAD A SECRET GOWN WAS A DISASTER. SHE CAME OUT ON STAGE IN ORDOS, CHINA LOOKING LIKE A BRONZE MESS. LOL
the critic

Postby heathers » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:19 am

Miss Ting -- you need to look at these gowns more carefully. This is another example of poor construction and it always comes up when they try to transition from one fabric to another. Look at the uneven seam between the bodice and the bottom half of the gown. Ugh!

The design idea is OK, but the execution is extremely poor. Sorry, but it has to be said. We don't support mediocrity and we know Uzuri can do better. Maybe its best if hey stick to a gown made from a single fabric . . .
heathers

Postby Danamoguy22 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:53 pm

I've only ever seen a handful of good gowns designed and executed well by uzuri. Daniel ohayans white gown worn at miss world 2002. Jade fulfords red gown work in Santa China at the 2003 staging of miss world. Christine straws green gown during miss universe 2004. Yendi's red gown from miss world 2007. It's weird you'd think that they would be producing better gowns in 2014, alas that's not always the case.
Danamoguy22

Date of Birth: 28 Jun 1993
Profession: student
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Hobbies/Interests: Social Activism, Track and Field, Hiking, Reading,
Message: To make our way we must have firm resolve, persistence and tenacity...we must work hard all the way.

Postby lingintexas » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:27 pm

I will be in Miami for this one, so many Caribbean flags I have to carry for this one. I guess i`ll have a big Trinidad and Jamaica, I for see this girl winning.
lingintexas

Real Life Name/Nick: Alvin-Michael Tiago Linton
Date of Birth: 23 Jan 1984
Profession: Chemical Engineer
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Chinese Zodiac: Rooster
Hobbies/Interests: Computers

Postby MrBeau » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:47 pm

Danamoguy22 wrote:I've only ever seen a handful of good gowns designed and executed well by uzuri. Daniel ohayans white gown worn at miss world 2002. Jade fulfords red gown work in Santa China at the 2003 staging of miss world. Christine straws green gown during miss universe 2004. Yendi's red gown from miss world 2007. It's weird you'd think that they would be producing better gowns in 2014, alas that's not always the case.

I didn't mind Terri-Karelle's gown at MW either, she wore it well.

And the other past gowns.

ImageImage

ImageImage
MrBeau
MrBeau

Date of Birth: 20 Jun 1978
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants/Sports

PreviousNext

Return to Miss Universe