Postby itsrowdy801 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:27 am

Queen of the Clouds wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:4RU: Sierra Norman :%(( :%(( :%((
3RU: Amy Agenbroad
2RU: Kit Widmyer :%(( :%(( :%((
1RU: Keylee Croteau
Miss Idaho USA: Hannah Menzner

Surprise surprise

Definitely an unsurprising choice, but I don't think necessarily a bad one. Yes, Kit & Sierra were my sentimentals, but Hannah is an obvious choice as a returning runner-up and Teen winner. I think she's a lot stronger than her two predecessors, and unlike Idaho 2021 & 2022, I don't expect Hannah to be near the very bottom of my list, but I don't think she's that exciting either. I love that she went to Wharton, and I do think she has a great face, but she's not jumping off the page as an immediate frontrunner, and I don't expect that will happen. I'll still enjoy following her reign!
itsrowdy801
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Rowdy
Date of Birth: 21 Aug 1994
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Customer Service @ Travel Startup
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants, Comedy, Politics

Re: ROAD TO MISS USA 2023 // IDAHO CONTESTANTS

Postby Opening Ceremony » Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:21 am

Well, I don't think any of us are surprised by this result, lol. She's not bad though! I think she has a pretty good face and a decent resume. I don't think she's a knockout or a sure placer, but she'll represent Idaho well.
Opening Ceremony
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Date of Birth: 23 Jan 1994
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Viewer
Hobbies/Interests: Entertainment

Postby itsrowdy801 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:05 am

Here's a discussion question totally blind since we have only had one delegate crowned yet but ...

What states do you think are most itching for a Miss USA crown (provided that these states don't win Miss USA 2022) going into the 2023 season?

I have four in mind.

Georgia is my number one pick. For one of the most populous states in the South, it's frankly shocking that they've had such little success in the USA system, with no Miss USAs (and only one 1st runner up), and no Miss Teen USAs either. It's quickly growing, has a lot of good jobs and good schools in the state, and their girls are usually gorgeous and well prepared. It is the most populous state in the country to have never worn the Miss USA crown (although Florida has never won it outright, they have inherited a title) and they're probably itching for one bad.

Florida is close behind, but a tier lower since they just won Miss Teen USA. Their director is pretty new, yet she's proven the ability to coach someone to victory in her very first year, so all eyes are going to be on her and she has potential to become one of the most highly-regarded directors in the country in a few years' time. I think a USA crown could be on the horizon for the Sunshine State, and I think they've really got their eye on that Miss USA crown, especially after Ashley came so close last year.

Next two are in the same category, Virginia and Illinois. They became the first two states to ever achieve back-to-back victories in the history of Miss USA, but they've yet to win since. They're both fairly populous states, with great schools and job opportunities, and Illinois has the golden benefit of directorship under Vanbros. I'm surprised that it's been nearly half a century since they've won, and it's about time they win again. And like, c'mon, the states who gave us Wendy Dascomb and Amanda Jones deserve to be winning more often

Granted, I could see Georgia, Virginia, or Illinois winning 2022, probably not Florida at this point but stranger things have happened. But provided they don't, I'm going to be keeping an especially close eye on these states since they absolutely have strong Miss USA potential, and I know that those directorships must want it bad
itsrowdy801

Postby itsrowdy801 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:38 am

Remember the guy on the 2021 thread who kept asking about sash changes lol? Well we've got one and it's not an improvement

RIP rhinestone sash border
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:19 pm

MISS IDAHO USA 2023 IS HANNAH MENZNER

This was Hannah's third time competing in Miss Idaho USA. She previously placed as the first runner-up in 2022 and 2019, and was the second runner-up of Miss District of Columbia USA 2021. Hannah had additionally been crowned Miss Idaho Teen USA 2014. She is an alumna of the University of Virginia and is currently pursuing her MBA at the Wharton School of Business of the University of Pennsylvania, an Ivy League university.

Full results:
Miss Idaho USA 2023: Hannah Menzner
1RU: Keylee Croteau
2RU: Kit Widmyer
3RU: Amy Agenbrod
4RU: Sierra Norman

Top 11:
Brittani Roe
Heaven Alves
Jackie Andreason
Kathryn Moore
Samantha Townsend
Tara Ryan
Last edited by Queen of the Clouds on Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Queen of the Clouds
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 18 Mar 1996
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Lawyer
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Hobbies/Interests: Fashion, music, film, politics, and parties

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:20 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:Remember the guy on the 2021 thread who kept asking about sash changes lol? Well we've got one and it's not an improvement

LOL I wouldn't have even noticed it changed if you didn't post this. Honestly this looks nicer imo lol.

But what I really want are for these goddamn crowns to change. I'm so tired of the plastic Party City crowns they've used forever. Lol.
Queen of the Clouds

Re: ROAD TO MISS USA 2023 // IDAHO CROWNED

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:25 pm

As for my thoughts on Idaho, I think we've all already said it. This is one of the least surprising crownings in a long time. She's a two time 1RU and a former Teen titleholder, she was clearly going to win. Hannah will not be a bad titleholder by any means but she is not interesting either, and I don't see her as a semifinalist. But given Idaho's track record, she's probably an improvement.

Sad for Sierra who seems to just never be able to seal the deal, happy for Kit though who avenged her shock clapping. I'm not sure what was holding her back last time if she managed to be 2RU this year?
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:32 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:Here's a discussion question totally blind since we have only had one delegate crowned yet but ...

What states do you think are most itching for a Miss USA crown (provided that these states don't win Miss USA 2022) going into the 2023 season?

I have four in mind.

Georgia is my number one pick. For one of the most populous states in the South, it's frankly shocking that they've had such little success in the USA system, with no Miss USAs (and only one 1st runner up), and no Miss Teen USAs either. It's quickly growing, has a lot of good jobs and good schools in the state, and their girls are usually gorgeous and well prepared. It is the most populous state in the country to have never worn the Miss USA crown (although Florida has never won it outright, they have inherited a title) and they're probably itching for one bad.

Florida is close behind, but a tier lower since they just won Miss Teen USA. Their director is pretty new, yet she's proven the ability to coach someone to victory in her very first year, so all eyes are going to be on her and she has potential to become one of the most highly-regarded directors in the country in a few years' time. I think a USA crown could be on the horizon for the Sunshine State, and I think they've really got their eye on that Miss USA crown, especially after Ashley came so close last year.

Next two are in the same category, Virginia and Illinois. They became the first two states to ever achieve back-to-back victories in the history of Miss USA, but they've yet to win since. They're both fairly populous states, with great schools and job opportunities, and Illinois has the golden benefit of directorship under Vanbros. I'm surprised that it's been nearly half a century since they've won, and it's about time they win again. And like, c'mon, the states who gave us Wendy Dascomb and Amanda Jones deserve to be winning more often

Granted, I could see Georgia, Virginia, or Illinois winning 2022, probably not Florida at this point but stranger things have happened. But provided they don't, I'm going to be keeping an especially close eye on these states since they absolutely have strong Miss USA potential, and I know that those directorships must want it bad

I think Florida, Georgia, and Hawaii are all gunning for a crown. Maybe throw Texas, California, and Nevada in there too, although they have won much more recently, but I feel like those three states want to fight for the crown every year. Illinois too for the reasons you mentioned, really any Vanbros state could win at any point all the time.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Thomas876 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:51 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:Remember the guy on the 2021 thread who kept asking about sash changes lol? Well we've got one and it's not an improvement

She looks beautiful in these photos but in many other photos, I don't like her, she looks very harsh, I have a problem with her nose and with the shape of her face. Lol Also her lips are huge, they are obviously fake and as you know I have a problem with queens who have cosmetic surgery. Queen of the Clouds told me that almost every queen who competes at Miss USA has had cosmetic surgery so I'm not surprised but I wish at least those surgeries weren't visible and in Hannah's case, it is. Sorry but I think this is not the year Idaho is going to place, a new clapping for Idaho in my opinion, she is no different from past Miss Idaho's.

I'm a little sad that none of the 3 women I liked won but anyway the batch was mediocre. lol
TOP 5 for Miss Universe 2024 :

1. France 2. Mongolia 3. Kazakhstan
4. Venezuela 5. Kyrgyzstan

TEAM FRANCE 2023
Thomas876

Real Life Name/Nick: Thomas.
Date of Birth: 26 Aug 1995
Profession: Something.
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Pig
Hobbies/Interests: Lots of things.

Postby Opening Ceremony » Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:02 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:Here's a discussion question totally blind since we have only had one delegate crowned yet but ...

I have four in mind.

Definitely Florida - they always send very well-prepared women and even when they clap, I'm sometimes a bit surprised. Georgia is a close second, but they randomly go back and forth between sending an absolute stunner and then a very obvious clapper, lol. (Jazz Wilkins is still one of my favorite Miss Georgia representatives of all time)

Besides the aforementioned Virginia, Illinois, Texas, California, and Nevada - I think New Jersey also has had a very competitive track record and should get a crown very soon. I always have a soft spot for Nevada/New Jersey girls for some reason too, lol.
Opening Ceremony

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:12 pm

Opening Ceremony wrote:

I have four in mind.

Definitely Florida - they always send very well-prepared women and even when they clap, I'm sometimes a bit surprised. Georgia is a close second, but they randomly go back and forth between sending an absolute stunner and then a very obvious clapper, lol. (Jazz Wilkins is still one of my favorite Miss Georgia representatives of all time)

Besides the aforementioned Virginia, Illinois, Texas, California, and Nevada - I think New Jersey also has had a very competitive track record and should get a crown very soon. I always have a soft spot for Nevada/New Jersey girls for some reason too, lol.

How could I have forgotten New Jersey? Definitely add them to the list!! But in my opinion I feel like they lost their footing after Gina Mellish... she was great but I haven't been impressed these past two years.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Opening Ceremony » Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:30 pm

Opening Ceremony wrote:

I have four in mind.

How could I have forgotten New Jersey? Definitely add them to the list!! But in my opinion I feel like they lost their footing after Gina Mellish... she was great but I haven't been impressed these past two years.

I think they'll get back there soon! And at least rowdy would disagree with you about this year's contestant. :%))
Opening Ceremony

Postby itsrowdy801 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:37 pm

Opening Ceremony wrote:
Opening Ceremony wrote:

I have four in mind.

I think they'll get back there soon! And at least rowdy would disagree with you about this year's contestant. :%))

True lol, I'm a massive fan of NJ 2022, but I agree that they're up there in states that are really deserving of a title. Gina Mellish and Chhavi Verg were both so so good, and I think if NJ crowns more winners like them, they could be seeing victory in the near future
itsrowdy801

Postby itsrowdy801 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:27 pm

Maureen Francisco just revealed on Instagram that Amanda Kelly, who competed in Idaho, was the first contestant to compete under the new rules?

Based off of Amanda's ig, there's no baby or pregnant pictures at all, and she doesn't appear to be wearing a wedding ring although there's lots of photos of her with her partner so I guess they're married but she doesn't wear a ring?
itsrowdy801

Postby kurtij » Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:41 am

IDAHO NEEDS TO SCHEDULE THEIR STATE PAGEANT RIGHT AFTER THE OUTGOING QUEEN HAS COMPETED.
kurtij
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: m_cronin
Date of Birth: 27 Dec 1989
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Missosologist
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: CURSING

Postby itsrowdy801 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:37 am

Oregon contestants are up!

https://missoregonusa.com/2023-miss-oregon-contestants/

Kuinn Karaffa has statehopped down south

I think Kelly Smith is my favorite, but y'all know I always like to root for The Gays

Aly Nordlie is Alyssa Williams, Miss Washington Teen USA 2017, she's married now
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:21 pm

MISS OREGON USA 2023 CONTESTANTS ARE UP

https://missoregonusa.com/2023-miss-oregon-contestants/

I'm sure everyone is in Miss USA mode right now, but of course Pageants NW of all directors decides to give us something at the most inopportune time. I think the batch looks better than usual (but still not great) and I am very happy to see our favorite girl Allison Bowles did not return even though married women will now be allowed to compete (now we'll have years before we get to get rid of her for good...).

Two of the 2022 runners-up have opted to return: Brooklyn Lowery (2RU 2022; 2RU 2021; semifinalist 2020) and Rachel Sheldon (3RU 2022; clapper 2021). Last year was a very small batch where there were no semifinalists, so I wonder how much being a returning runner-up from last year will help in a bigger batch like this year's. Other notable names include Aly Nordlie (Miss Washington Teen USA 2017), Amulya Chava (one-time Oregon Teen runner-up), Kuinn Karaffa (many-time Washington semifinalist), and Manju Bangalore (Semifinalist 2018; one-time Oregon Teen runner-up). Some other girls who stuck out to me are Angelica Britton, Keeli Littleleaf-Kotchik, Kelly Smith, Morgan Williams, and Skylar Pierce-Smith.

Brooklyn Lowery:

Rachel Sheldon:

Aly Nordlie:

Kuinn Karaffa:

Manju Bangalore:
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:27 pm

My favorite girl in Oregon is definitely Kelly Smith. She looks like the best complete package and seems like a very sweet girl. That's when it gets tougher... there aren't really any other girls I like and I also couldn't find IGs for some (including Kelly). Aly Nordlie is not bad but I am boycotting the married women/mothers so it's a no for me. I think Brooklyn may win but she would be a very weak winner, but being a two-time 2RU is still a feat. We'll see, Kelly is the only one who may be able to shake up my ranking at Miss USA, but I still haven't even seen much from her.
Queen of the Clouds

Re: ROAD TO MISS USA 2023 // OREGON CONTESTANTS

Postby Neeva » Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:20 pm

For Hawaii Ashlyn Pierceall and Breea Yamat are back and probably the only decent choices.
Neeva

Date of Birth: 09 Dec 2001
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: student
Hobbies/Interests: sports

Postby Neeva » Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:56 am

Savannah Gankiewicz should also be a contender for Miss Hawaii.Too bad she is only 5’7.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CZN8xISBWrw/?igshid=NzNkNDdiOGI=
Neeva

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:33 am

Neeva wrote:Savannah Gankiewicz should also be a contender for Miss Hawaii.Too bad she is only 5’7.

Haven't seen any of the other girls, but I love Ashlyn and Savannah. Both gorgeous. Breea would be another good choice, and sister-crowning-sister would be cute. So three good options for Hawaii I'd say. I also don't think 5'7 is too short, but I think it's around the shortest a girl can be to remain competitive at Miss Universe.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:39 am

Neeva wrote:Savannah Gankiewicz should also be a contender for Miss Hawaii.Too bad she is only 5’7.

I think Savannah is my favorite of the ones I've seen so far. She reminds me of Kataluna
itsrowdy801

Postby Neeva » Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:50 am

Another possible contender for Hawaii, Callista Hansen.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CRUr596suFJ/?igshid=NzNkNDdiOGI=

I wish Elaina Head was a Miss contestant and not a teen contestant.
I would be shocked if Elaina isn’t Miss Hawaii teen 2023.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Ci0PM6hJ_Yo/?igshid=NzNkNDdiOGI=
Neeva

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:57 am

Neeva wrote:Another possible contender for Hawaii, Callista Hansen.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CRUr596suFJ/?igshid=NzNkNDdiOGI=

I wish Elaina Head was a Miss contestant and not a teen contestant.
I would be shocked if Elaina isn’t Miss Hawaii teen 2023.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Ci0PM6hJ_Yo/?igshid=NzNkNDdiOGI=

Elaina reminds me of the type who would win Hawaii Teen USA, clap at Miss Teen USA for styling too mature, then go to Miss in a few years and be a future Miss USA

I love Callista too!
itsrowdy801

Postby Neeva » Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:02 am

Elaina Head reminds me of Angela Byrd miss Hawaii 2011 mixed with Demi Tebow. I hope we see her compete at Miss in the future. She’s 5’11 tall.
Neeva

Postby Thomas876 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:26 pm

Here are my thoughts about the upcoming Miss Oregon USA 2023 pageant:

Good batch. :=p I love Kelly Smith and Morgan Williams!

I also like Aly Nordlie, Angelica Britton, “Cande” (Maria) Camarena, Emma Orr, Rachel Bower, Sierra Rothacker and Skylar Pierce-Smith.

Brooklyn Lowery should not win this, she's very unattractive but she has the experience so I'm always worried...
TOP 5 for Miss Universe 2024 :

1. France 2. Mongolia 3. Kazakhstan
4. Venezuela 5. Kyrgyzstan

TEAM FRANCE 2023
Thomas876

Real Life Name/Nick: Thomas.
Date of Birth: 26 Aug 1995
Profession: Something.
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Pig
Hobbies/Interests: Lots of things.

Postby dabunique » Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:24 pm

I have four in mind.

Ugh thanks for those great words on Florida.

We are so close to winning and I feel it’s coming.

I also feel a woman of color will get us da crown.

Da closest we have ever came to wining were an Afro Cuban (Cleo) and an Afro Puerto Rican (Ashley)

[youtube]A7BOmQaEEcM[/youtube]
dabunique
PAGEANT APPRENTICES are novice experts & connoisseurs.
PAGEANT APPRENTICES are novice experts & connoisseurs.

Real Life Name/Nick: David
Date of Birth: 19 May 1977
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Hotel Accountant
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Music, movies, cooking, pageants, friends, laughin
Message: Life is like a runway, so u better walk over dem haterz

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:26 pm

dabunique wrote:

I have four in mind.

Ugh thanks for those great words on Florida.

We are so close to winning and I feel it’s coming.

I also feel a woman of color will get us da crown.

Da closest we have ever came to wining were an Afro Cuban (Cleo) and an Afro Puerto Rican (Ashley)

I'm a little biased because I went to college in Florida so it's one of my favorite states to keep track of lol. I'd love them to get to more success
itsrowdy801

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:11 pm

So Queen of the Clouds and I were talking, and she has decided to step back from Miss USA until such a time where Crystle is gone, and frankly, I do not blame her for doing so. I will likely not be watching any paid pageants this year until if and when Crystle is gone, I cannot in good conscience be lining this organization's pockets. However, I will make an effort to post contestant lists and results as we get them.

I'm hopeful that Crystle will be gone though, I really don't know how much heart I can put into a system that is under Crystle's leadership. Even when my favorites win, they'll be doomed to work with a vile national director

That said Oregon is this afternoon, and I'll post the results when we get them
itsrowdy801

PreviousNext

Return to Miss Universe