MUO and new franchise holders

MUO and new franchise holders

Postby sephie » Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:34 am

What do you guys think of Miss Universe changing national franchise holders? I just feel like they don't know what they are doing with it.

The best shift they made was in Thailand but for the rest, I don't know what success that made (ie. USA, Philippines, Colombia, Brazil, etc)

sephie
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Hobbies/Interests: beauty pageants

Re: MUO and new franchise holders

Postby LonFlores » Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:03 pm

sephie wrote:What do you guys think of Miss Universe changing national franchise holders? I just feel like they don't know what they are doing with it.

The best shift they made was in Thailand but for the rest, I don't know what success that made (ie. USA, Philippines, Colombia, Brazil, etc)

TRUELAGEN COLLAGEN! FACT FACT FACT!
LonFlores
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Lon Flores
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1990
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Artist
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing

Postby esperasave » Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:59 pm

sephie wrote:What do you guys think of Miss Universe changing national franchise holders? I just feel like they don't know what they are doing with it.

It's when the best offer comes, MUO doesn't take any chance but to accept the BUCKS. There's nothing wrong with it as long as they keep the airing of Miss Universe Competition on time annually.
esperasave
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: esperas
Date of Birth: 30 Aug 1973
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: medical
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: internet surfing
Message: Keep believing in the power of beauty in the human person

Postby sephie » Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:28 pm

esperasave wrote:

It's when the best offer comes, MUO doesn't take any chance but to accept the BUCKS. There's nothing wrong with it as long as they keep the airing of Miss Universe Competition on time annually.

Although I think its very short term. I think it will hurt MUO in the long term.
sephie

Postby JoelR » Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:03 pm

I don't think USA counts as before Crystal took over they weren't doing well. Last year was the first year and she did well taking in consideration how late she was crowned. I think they just want fresh young NDs with an open mind.
JoelR
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.

Date of Birth: 21 May 1994
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: culinary arts
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Painting

Postby filipinoako28 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:28 pm

MUO is doing a GREAT DECISION changing franchise holders for the long haul. Anyone who cannot keep up or align themselves with the direction MUO is taking? I say good riddance.
1. MUO wanted the PH franchise to showcase Tourism. Bb. Pilipinas even has a Miss Tourism before but the farthest they have gone during a competition? I don’t know? Farmers Cubao? Recently they had an outing but it’s just Laguna.
2. MUO has been telling Bb. Pilipinas to not make it just a one night spectacle. Have a pre pageant. What did Bb. Pilipinas do? They justified that the cheaply produced Jag Jeans show is already part of the prelims. Also the National Competition which we know are lies! That NatCos was no pre pageant, girl please. Last year they had a swimsuit prelims but alas, too late. And it was very MGi-ish.
3. MUO has been big lately on advocacy and this is where Bb. Pilipinas is lagging way behind. For being a “Charity” organization, I am constantly surprised how Bb. Pilipinas does advocacy work, sometimes it’s not even bare minimum.

One thing going for Bb. Pilipinas is it’s LEGACY and name recall. But that’s not how Americans operate. They are very logical and always look for GROWTH. They can’t be with a stagnating org with just LEGACY as it’s main strength.
filipinoako28

Date of Birth: 09 Mar 1983
Profession: Financial analyst
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Pig
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing the net

Postby LonFlores » Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:19 pm

filipinoako28 wrote:MUO is doing a GREAT DECISION changing franchise holders for the long haul. Anyone who cannot keep up or align themselves with the direction MUO is taking? I say good riddance.
1. MUO wanted the PH franchise to showcase Tourism. Bb. Pilipinas even has a Miss Tourism before but the farthest they have gone during a competition? I don’t know? Farmers Cubao? Recently they had an outing but it’s just Laguna.
2. MUO has been telling Bb. Pilipinas to not make it just a one night spectacle. Have a pre pageant. What did Bb. Pilipinas do? They justified that the cheaply produced Jag Jeans show is already part of the prelims. Also the National Competition which we know are lies! That NatCos was no pre pageant, girl please. Last year they had a swimsuit prelims but alas, too late. And it was very MGi-ish.
3. MUO has been big lately on advocacy and this is where Bb. Pilipinas is lagging way behind. For being a “Charity” organization, I am constantly surprised how Bb. Pilipinas does advocacy work, sometimes it’s not even bare minimum.

One thing going for Bb. Pilipinas is it’s LEGACY and name recall. But that’s not how Americans operate. They are very logical and always look for GROWTH. They can’t be with a stagnating org with just LEGACY as it’s main strength.

Petty analysis.
LonFlores

Postby LonFlores » Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:20 pm

sephie wrote:
esperasave wrote:

Although I think its very short term. I think it will hurt MUO in the long term.

Money money money kahit dirty money basta mas mataas. Ka-cheapan tuloy ang result.
LonFlores

Postby Stoichio » Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:04 pm

MUO simply wants BRANDING.
And a pool of young NDs, with fresh ideas and innovative mind to level up the brand.
Perfect example: outdated Binibining Pilipinas.
Stoichio
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 2011
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Number 1
Hobbies/Interests: Nature tripping

Postby esperasave » Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:42 am

filipinoako28 wrote:MUO is doing a GREAT DECISION changing franchise holders for the long haul. Anyone who cannot keep up or align themselves with the direction MUO is taking? I say good riddance.

Gas and commodoties are soaring high nowadays because of the direct effect of Ruso-Ukrainian War. Russia is not giving up. They are the biggest country in the World, bigger than The Continent of South America. If they have The Breakaway States and Alaska in their Hands today, it could surpass the Continent Africa with the land mass. They have so much resources at the tip of their tongues. It's timely that some candidates could make their Propaganda To Stop The War in the competition so MUO's financial situation would be stabilized.
Last edited by esperasave on Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
esperasave

Postby esperasave » Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:50 am

Gas and commodoties are soaring high nowadays because of the direct effect of Ruso-Ukrainian War. Russia is not giving up. They are the biggest country in the World, bigger than The Continent of South America. If they have The Breakaway States and Alaska in their Hands today, it could surpass the Continent Africa with the land mass. They have so much resources at the tip of their tongue. It's timely that some candidates could make their Propaganda To Stop The War in the competition so MUO's financial situation would be stabilized.
esperasave

Postby Binibining ZOZI » Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:26 am

I 1 DONT THINK SO, BINIBINING PILIPINAS PRODUCED 2 MISS UNIVERSE DURING THE IMG ERA, ITS A RECORD BREAKING RECORD TOGETHER WITH SOUTH AFRICA....IT ALL ABOUT THE MONEY...MISS UNIVERSE ORGANIZATION IS ALL ABOUT BUSINESS, MORE MONEY WILL TAKE THE FRANCHISE.
IN TERMS OF BRANDING AND STAND ALONE PAGEANT, WHY SOUTH AFRICA, INDIA, AND 90% OF OTHER COUNTRIES ARE STILL GETTING AWAY WITH THIS SO CALLED BRANDING.
MISS SOUTH AFRICA STILL CROWNING MISS WORLD,SUPRANATIONAL, AND NDIA CROWNING MISS SUPRANATIONAL AS WELL...

Binibining ZOZI

Real Life Name/Nick: princess
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2000
Profession: cabin crew
Hobbies/Interests: travelling, pageantry

Postby sephie » Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:47 am

Binibining ZOZI wrote:

I 1 DONT THINK SO, BINIBINING PILIPINAS PRODUCED 2 MISS UNIVERSE DURING THE IMG ERA, ITS A RECORD BREAKING RECORD TOGETHER WITH SOUTH AFRICA....IT ALL ABOUT THE MONEY...MISS UNIVERSE ORGANIZATION IS ALL ABOUT BUSINESS, MORE MONEY WILL TAKE THE FRANCHISE.
IN TERMS OF BRANDING AND STAND ALONE PAGEANT, WHY SOUTH AFRICA, INDIA, AND 90% OF OTHER COUNTRIES ARE STILL GETTING AWAY WITH THIS SO CALLED BRANDING.
MISS SOUTH AFRICA STILL CROWNING MISS WORLD,SUPRANATIONAL, AND NDIA CROWNING MISS SUPRANATIONAL AS WELL...

Actually, this was the most obvious for me when they shifted franchises in Colombia.
If they want more money, I think they should strengthen their presence in European countries such as Italy, Germany, etc
They should replicate the success of France

In terms of branding, I would like to go back to what Shamcey said during their interview that Miss Universe wants a stand alone. But I think they want that because they want to get a cut in every deal closed in the pageant crazy countries

sephie

Postby Binibining ZOZI » Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:12 pm

sephie wrote:
Binibining ZOZI wrote:

Actually, this was the most obvious for me when they shifted franchises in Colombia.
If they want more money, I think they should strengthen their presence in European countries such as Italy, Germany, etc

In terms of branding, I would like to go back to what Shamcey said during their interview that Miss Universe wants a stand alone. But I think they want that because they want to get a cut in every deal closed in the pageant crazy countries

TRUE, MISS UNIVERSE UNDER IMG ERA IS MONEY CONSCIOUS, UNLIKE THE TRUMP ERA. THATS WHY MUO ORGANISATION ALREADY LOST ITS PRESTIGE.
THIS STAND ALONE / BRANDING EKK EKKK ARE ONLY OBLIGED TO THOSE CRAZY PAGEANT COUNTRIES LIKE THE PHILIPPINES, COLOMBIA,THAILAND,USA,VIETNAM,BRAZIL.

IF YOU NOTICE, EVEN MISS WORLD IS DOING THIS, THAT'S WHY MISS WORLD CROWN WAS TAKEN AWAY FROM BINIBINING PILIPINAS.
STILL SOUTH AFRICA, INDIA AND MOST OF OTHER COUNTRIES ARE STILL GETTING AWAY WITH THIS RULE.
ESPECIALLY SOUTH AFRICA, THEY CAN EVEN SWITCH THEIR WINNERS ON THEIR OWN CONVINIENCE,,, I THINK THIS IS VERY UNFAIR.
Binibining ZOZI

Postby jidelk » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:09 pm

I, for one, loved the change of our franchise holder.
The previous holder was so old school and so many girls lost their chance of representing Colombia just because they were models previously 8-}

Also, Raimundo is part of the powerful people group, so sometimes the winners were just his friend's daughters, nieces, even girlfriends. And additionally, he saw Miss Universe as an additional task for the queen, not as her main focus. Natalie has changed that and girls now are more prepared than ever. So with more eligible candidates and more preparation, I won't be surprised if Colombia has another miss universe in the next 5 years.
jidelk
CUTIES are ADORABLE & CUTE members.
CUTIES are ADORABLE & CUTE members.

Real Life Name/Nick: Luis
Date of Birth: 04 Jun 1992
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: Music, dancing, learning languages

Postby sephie » Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:19 am

Stoichio wrote:MUO simply wants BRANDING.
And a pool of young NDs, with fresh ideas and innovative mind to level up the brand.

What do you mean by OUTDATED, what makes Bb. Pilipinas outdated?
Im really curious
sephie

Postby sephie » Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:20 am

jidelk wrote:I, for one, loved the change of our franchise holder.
The previous holder was so old school and so many girls lost their chance of representing Colombia just because they were models previously 8-}

Also, Raimundo is part of the powerful people group, so sometimes the winners were just his friend's daughters, nieces, even girlfriends. And additionally, he saw Miss Universe as an additional task for the queen, not as her main focus. Natalie has changed that and girls now are more prepared than ever. So with more eligible candidates and more preparation, I won't be surprised if Colombia has another miss universe in the next 5 years.

Curious about the situation in Colombia, was the change well received by Colombians or are people still more familiar with Senorita Colombia
sephie

Postby Binibining ZOZI » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:27 am

sephie wrote:

What do you mean by OUTDATED, what makes Bb. Pilipinas outdated?
Im really curious

HOW CAN BE BINIBINING PILIPINAS OUTDATED? PRODUCED 2 MISS UNIVERSE IN IMG ERA IS STILL NOT ENOUGH???
Binibining ZOZI

Postby LonFlores » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:08 am

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA. Mas innovative Bb. Pilipinas kaysa sa MUP.
LonFlores

Postby yuma » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:47 am

Binibining ZOZI wrote:
sephie wrote:
Binibining ZOZI wrote:

TRUE, MISS UNIVERSE UNDER IMG ERA IS MONEY CONSCIOUS, UNLIKE THE TRUMP ERA. THATS WHY MUO ORGANISATION ALREADY LOST ITS PRESTIGE.
THIS STAND ALONE / BRANDING EKK EKKK ARE ONLY OBLIGED TO THOSE CRAZY PAGEANT COUNTRIES LIKE THE PHILIPPINES, COLOMBIA,THAILAND,USA,VIETNAM,BRAZIL.

IF YOU NOTICE, EVEN MISS WORLD IS DOING THIS, THAT'S WHY MISS WORLD CROWN WAS TAKEN AWAY FROM BINIBINING PILIPINAS.
STILL SOUTH AFRICA, INDIA AND MOST OF OTHER COUNTRIES ARE STILL GETTING AWAY WITH THIS RULE.
ESPECIALLY SOUTH AFRICA, THEY CAN EVEN SWITCH THEIR WINNERS ON THEIR OWN CONVINIENCE,,, I THINK THIS IS VERY UNFAIR.

As a Brazilian, I don't think we're a "crazy pageant" country. To be honest, "nobody" cares about it here.
We could be a big powerhouse in every beauty pageant, but the lack of interest of the general population reduces the investments in this "world". Just to let you know, Miss Universe Brazil used to be broadcasted by our 4th largest tv station and now it's only broadcasted by an internet app from the sponsor.

We used to be a "crazy pageant" country a long time ago (50s and 60s).
yuma
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1989
Profession: _______________
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Postby hauteegirl » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:34 am

Before ang daming hanash kay Madamba na kesyo alisin na ang Miss Universe franchise sa Bb. Pilipinas tapos meron nang pumalit reklamo uli. For me, it's good that MUP has a new and different franchise para mabigyang pansin ang Miss International as the BIG 5 Pageant ng isang national beauty pageant. Hindi na siya nasa likod lagi ng Miss Universe. Ang nakakapanghinayang lang is, isang crown at isang international lang ang lalaban which is Miss Universe. Sayang ang daming girls na pagpipilian. Every BIG 5 Pageant like Miss Universe, MW, MI , ME should have their own national pageants.
hauteegirl
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: Queen
Date of Birth: 14 Jan 2008
Profession: beauty queen
Hobbies/Interests: exotic plants hobbyist

Postby jhunz23 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:50 am

Only permanent is Change
Miss Universe evolves not only its organization & its brand, but also its franchises all over the world!
jhunz23
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Profession: teacher
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Rooster
Hobbies/Interests: reading

Postby ManMeat » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:35 am

I want open-minded franchise holders in my country too.
But current and previous franchise holders are both old fashioned

Good for you if your country’s ND is young and open-minded
I’m jealous!
ManMeat
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.

Date of Birth: 27 Mar 1989
Profession: I'm better than you
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: I'm gonna mention your dirty ass double standards

Postby Stoichio » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:14 am

LonFlores wrote:

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA. Mas innovative Bb. Pilipinas kaysa sa MUP.

Keep on dreaming! =;)) =;)) =;))

They hold a pageant this year for 3 months, and yet activities are sparsely scheduled. A sign that its pageant directors lack the brains and planning for such kind events. Even the official thread here in Misso, only 1 or 2 people are updating or contributing. L-)
Stoichio

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 2011
Profession: Number 1
Hobbies/Interests: Nature tripping

Postby HardlineWreck » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:45 am

The only constant in this world is change.

I like the changes in National pageants in Philippines because we do have a seperate natl pageant in a SPECIFIC INTERNATIONAL PAGEANT

Miss UNIVERSE Philippines - for Miss UNIVERSE
Bb. Pilipinas - for Miss INTERNATIONAL
Miss WORLD Philippines - for Miss WORLD
Miss EARTH Philippines - for Miss EARTH

That is the advantage of individual pageants because they can focus on their SPECIFIC PAGEANTS. Besides, maganda ngang ganyan para mas masala ng maayos and training din ng rep natin yan ay maayos rin.
#FortheWIN #ForThePHILIPPINES #TeamPHILIPPINES

LABAN TEAM PILIPINAS

The ONCE IN A BLUE MOON lurker ng MISSO.
HardlineWreck
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Mack
Date of Birth: 30 Dec 1998
Profession: Science Teacher, Biologist and Chemist
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: Reading Science/Fiction Books

Postby dreamliner » Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:42 pm

Miss Aura Philippines for Miss Gwand charrr
dreamliner

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1981
Profession: ATC
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Return to Miss Universe