Will 69th Miss Universe follow Miss USA 2020 format?

Will 69th Miss Universe follow Miss USA 2020 format?

Postby ajsy0203 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:48 pm

My POV:
Possibly Top 20 but if they will divide by 3 groups and 1 "wildcard" group may continue?
No Opening Statement for Top 15/16/20? Since they are limiting the contact between the semifinalists and the judges. There is a chance of returning the 2017 format?
No Final 3 selection? Thailand now has a better chance of winning the crown if the two round onstage Q and A format will be implemented?
Preparations for the Final Statement Round, just like at Miss USA 2020 when the girls arrived in Graceland, MUO gave them several topics to prepare if they would made it to the Final 5?

ajsy0203
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Office Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching

Re: Will 69th Miss Universe follow Miss USA 2020 format?

Postby sandman84 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:27 am

ajsy0203 wrote:My POV:
Possibly Top 20 but if they will divide by 3 groups and 1 "wildcard" group may continue?
No Opening Statement for Top 15/16/20? Since they are limiting the contact between the semifinalists and the judges. There is a chance of returning the 2017 format?
No Final 3 selection? Thailand now has a better chance of winning the crown if the two round onstage Q and A format will be implemented?
Preparations for the Final Statement Round, just like at Miss USA 2020 when the girls arrived in Graceland, MUO gave them several topics to prepare if they would made it to the Final 5?

I think, the current format is NEAR PERFECT for miss universe for the decade of 2021 - 2030.

so what are the changes we would want to see to make it from "NEAR PERFECT" to " P E R F E C T"

A) Keep the continental group for contestants. BUT , REMOVE THE QUOTA. Let girls be selected on their MERIT. ( SOME WHAT LIKE MISS WORLD 2002 SEMIFINAL CUT)

B) there SHOULD be a CONTINENTAL JUDGES. for god sake, we don't need an all American judging Pannel. its not miss usa.. its miss universe. WMEIMG is a global company, I am sure they can get 2 judges from each continent.

C). there should be an equal representation of MALE and FEMALE judges. (MUO talks of equality but discriminates men by excluding them.

D) opening statements are good, it adds to the drama, and sensationalism towards the show. ( remember Miss Universe show is also for people who don't follow pageants like us, so they need to know he girls a lil bit more)

E) contestants profiling like we had during the trump era.. back stage questions, interview.. it adds to the activities.

F) they should add the charity fun raiser to too, ask girls to get gifts and they auction them, and raise money for charity.

G) get miss universe some commercials and tv guest appearance in shows on NBC.. for gods sake they have a network which is sponsoring.. so they can definitely have her sent on few game shows , some small part in some tv show.. travel show.. just like NBC ensures that their stars are on the miss universe judging Pannel, similarly miss universe org should also get some casting roles for its winners.

H) get some good sponsors man. they should stop asking the endorsements companies for money all the time. gift a winner a car. miss South Africa gets a Mercedes Bens Cabriotlet. imagine. the cost of the car is nothing for the motor car companies. these car companies can in return use the winners to promote their brand!

i) look beyond USA and explore the world market! miss universe / world may have crossed its sell by date in usa and uk, but there is a lot of empowerment to be done in Asia Africa Middle East and India! give the government the incentive to promote their countries abroad for tourism. thought I must say Instagram is way cheaper :D
[color=#0000FF]
[/color]
sandman84
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: sandman
Date of Birth: 29 Aug 1984
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: entrepreneur
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: pageants
Message: visiting sanya for miss world 2018. looking for friends

Postby mischaziz » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:17 pm

Please separate the Africa and the Asia group. No need wildcard. That is fair. Noe the Africa and Asia are in the same group. Too many contestants for the 5 top placements.
mischaziz

Real Life Name/Nick: madamemisch
Date of Birth: 29 Apr 1980
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: tutor
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: movies

Postby baghak_gargak » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:32 pm

WHY NOT FOLLOW THE MISS EARTH FORMAT! JUST SAYING...

8-> 8-> 8-> 8-> 8-> 8-> 8-> 8-> 8-> 8->
baghak_gargak
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: Vladimir Dayucduc
Date of Birth: 25 Dec 1990
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Chief Executive Officer
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: activities in the dark, cooking, travel

Return to Miss Universe