ROAD TO MISS USA 2021 // KENTUCKY IS MISS USA 2021

Re: ROAD TO MISS USA 2021 // TANYA CROWE FOR LOUISIANA

Postby itsrowdy801 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:10 am

Queen of the Clouds wrote:
Thomas876 wrote:
The new Miss Louisiana looks mature and rather average although she is not ugly. I doubt she will stand out at Miss USA, even more with the controversy around her. It's not something you want to be associated with, it's more of a really bad publicity, I don't know if Crystle will want that. However, I don't think we should blame her... It's already traumatic enough. In France, candidates must have a clean criminal record, this is not the case in the United States?

On the other hand, the hunting images displease me... It's not something I want to see and I'm a bit of an animal rights defender. :|

PS: Josie Stephens has to come back. She's gorgeous!!!

I don't believe there are any restrictions against those with criminal records. I quickly checked the Hawaii website and this is what they say: "If you're a female, single (never married and never had a child), a United States citizen, and meet the age and residency requirements, we invite you to become a contestant." No mention of having a clean record. I mentioned Stormy Keffeler before, but I think she applies here too. She had a DUI charge and was dethroned for not reporting it to the Miss Washington USA officials when she was competing, but is now allowed to continue competing in the hopes of winning the title again and actually having a real reign. So it appears that girls are allowed to have criminal records as long as their records are reported honestly to pageant officials. I'm sure that if the organizers think a girl's record is too much, she may be barred from placing or competing entirely, but with something like a DUI charge you're still allowed to compete. I'm also not sure if Tanya even has a criminal record. It's possible she may not have been charged with any crime, we don't know a lot of the details just that it happened. In many cases like these the driver is not charged; whether it's because the investigation proved the pedestrian was the one at fault, the police were being corrupt, or anything else, it is very possible for an incident like this to lead to no charges. Laura Bush (a former First Lady of the US) is an example of that.

I agree with a lot of what you said though. I'm not really a fan, she's kinda boring, and she does bring with her some bad PR that Crystle probably doesn't want to have engulfing the brand on her first year. I don't think Tanya will win regardless, but that may be the final nail in the coffin for her. The hunting grosses me out too though. I get that it's popular in southern culture but I honestly don't care, it's barbaric and gross and I will not hesitate to cross a queen off my list when she posts pictures like that so proudly.

I'm praying that Josie decides to come back too though!! If she performs like this again next year, the crown is hers. Apparently she's an engineer too so I can totally see her going top five at Miss USA!!

Long story short with Stormy, they did ask her on the application whether she has been charged with any felonies, which she hadn't - her DUI was a misdemeanor - so at the advice of her attorney she left it blank and MUO dropped the hammer on her so PNW told her she can either resign and come back to compete in the future, or wait for MUO to strip her of her title. Of course, Stormy didn't cause an accident, much less a fatal one, and I still have my suspicions that she didn't win a MUO state title later due to that being on her record despite some incredible performances - although I might be a bit biased cause yall know I adore Stormy.

As far as I've seen from my research, although I'm by no means an expert, you can only be charged with vehicular homicide in Louisiana if a) you're under the influence of alcohol or drugs and b) it can be proven that the intoxication lead to the accident. Tanya passed a breathalyzer at the scene. There are other charges that can be given if she was being reckless or negligent, but it doesn't appear that was the case, either, the article makes it look like that stretch of highway was a dimly-lit mess, I've looked at it on google maps and it's very narrow with no sidewalks, and a tragedy waiting to happen. It's highly likely that she wasn't charged at all, and the situation was determined just to be a tragic accident.

I'm pretty confident that Tanya's accident did not disqualify her from winning a state title because she obviously is a state titleholder now, and I'm sure RPM knew about it. Whether she'll be quietly blacklisted from winning or placing at Miss USA is more of the question. We have a new director now with a new vision and policies, and this is a highly controversial background, and while I'm willing to look past it and chalk it up as a terrible accident, I don't know how Crystle feels about it.

itsrowdy801
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Rowdy
Date of Birth: 21 Aug 1994
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Customer Service @ Travel Startup
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants, Comedy, Politics

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:24 pm

The Hawaii 2021 team. She's the only girl who's actively posting right now. Other girls need to step it up.
Queen of the Clouds
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 18 Mar 1996
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Lawyer
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Hobbies/Interests: Fashion, music, film, politics, and parties

Postby itsrowdy801 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:51 am

The Hawaii 2021 team. She's the only girl who's actively posting right now. Other girls need to step it up.

Idaho's done a pretty good job at going on instagram Live, which I think more of them should do. It's such a great way to stay in touch with your fans, especially during a time where in-person titleholder appearances are extremely limited or not happening at all. I remember during the early days of the pandemic, I looked forward to those titleholder ig lives so much, I hope as more girls get crowned - after all, there have been only 5 so far - we see a lot more of that.
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:35 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:

Idaho's done a pretty good job at going on instagram Live, which I think more of them should do. It's such a great way to stay in touch with your fans, especially during a time where in-person titleholder appearances are extremely limited or not happening at all. I remember during the early days of the pandemic, I looked forward to those titleholder ig lives so much, I hope as more girls get crowned - after all, there have been only 5 so far - we see a lot more of that.

Lol yeah I don't watch any Insta lives I don't have time to so if any girls are focusing more on that I definitely missed all of them
Queen of the Clouds

Postby itsrowdy801 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:05 am

So I know the Missouri contestants haven't been released yet, but if Ashleigh Bedwell is competing she really shouldn't already be posting hella transphobic stuff like this on her story. I think its fabulous how pageantry has become more inclusive of LGBTQ women these past couple years, posting TERF shit like this is really disappointing. I've had my eye on Ashleigh for a couple years now but I just can't support her anymore.

itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:47 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:So I know the Missouri contestants haven't been released yet, but if Ashleigh Bedwell is competing she really shouldn't already be posting hella transphobic stuff like this on her story. I think its fabulous how pageantry has become more inclusive of LGBTQ women these past couple years, posting TERF shit like this is really disappointing. I've had my eye on Ashleigh for a couple years now but I just can't support her anymore.

Oh my god that's so blatant too lol. Some of these girls have really been getting bold lately. I thought pageant girls were supposed to always be conscious of what image they were projecting to the world lol.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:48 am

Just putting this out there that Google Chrome has been blocking the Miss Georgia USA website for weeks now because of a "privacy error" and if the contestants are released without this being fixed I'm not gonna realize at first. Sometimes I check using Safari (where the website works fine) but still, like come on fix your website.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:32 pm

Idaho:

Montana:
Queen of the Clouds

Postby JoelR » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:58 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:So I know the Missouri contestants haven't been released yet, but if Ashleigh Bedwell is competing she really shouldn't already be posting hella transphobic stuff like this on her story. I think its fabulous how pageantry has become more inclusive of LGBTQ women these past couple years, posting TERF shit like this is really disappointing. I've had my eye on Ashleigh for a couple years now but I just can't support her anymore.

Oh my god that's so blatant too lol. Some of these girls have really been getting bold lately. I thought pageant girls were supposed to always be conscious of what image they were projecting to the world lol.

This what IMG has created. Say what you want about Trump Era but Homophobia was never accepted. Neither was racism, or any other ignorant things IMG glorifies. Under IMG a girl who talked about being proud of being a gun carrier during such a time where gun violence is at a high would never be crowned. A girl who agreed to taking away medical insurance would never have been crowned. The question of who are you going to vote for would have never been asked. The list goes on. IMG has opened the door for ignorance.
Oh and remember how trump wouldn'tmake a big deal out of contestants who didn't speak English that well? If they won he would have the winner take an English course. Molly would've never been crowned under IMG.
If I remember correctly, Trump defended the trans contestant in Canda who sued Miss Universe Canada. I think he even threaten to take away the franchise. I am applaud that Lupita hasn't lost the franchise. The amount of ignorance that comes out of her mouth! IMG is bs with their equality speech they always give.
JoelR
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.

Date of Birth: 21 May 1994
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: culinary arts
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hobbies/Interests: Painting

Postby itsrowdy801 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:48 pm

JoelR wrote:

This what IMG has created. Say what you want about Trump Era but Homophobia was never accepted. Neither was racism, or any other ignorant things IMG glorifies. Under IMG a girl who talked about being proud of being a gun carrier during such a time where gun violence is at a high would never be crowned. A girl who agreed to taking away medical insurance would never have been crowned. The question of who are you going to vote for would have never been asked. The list goes on. IMG has opened the door for ignorance.
Oh and remember how trump wouldn'tmake a big deal out of contestants who didn't speak English that well? If they won he would have the winner take an English course. Molly would've never been crowned under IMG.
If I remember correctly, Trump defended the trans contestant in Canda who sued Miss Universe Canada. I think he even threaten to take away the franchise. I am applaud that Lupita hasn't lost the franchise. The amount of ignorance that comes out of her mouth! IMG is bs with their equality speech they always give.

Ok, no. Trump came to Carrie Prejean's defense saying "she's entitled to her opinions". Trump was insanely racist too, for example calling Alicia Machado "Miss Housekeeping" and the fact that Kamie was told that Trump "doesn't like black people" when she won Miss Teen USA. Trump did eventually reverse the rule that prevented transgender women from competing, but only after being sued about it.

The Trump era was a disaster as far as equality goes. I don't think the fact that there are still some contestants that need work was necessarily IMG's fault. As far as leadership under the IMG era in that arena, I think they did a good job. It wasn't really their fault they had contestants who prance around at Trump rallies and Turning Point conventions.
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:16 pm

Victoria Hinojosa is looking STUNNING. I think she may be the frontrunner for Texas. Former 2-time runner-up in Texas Teen (2016 and 2017), now making her Miss division debut.

Queen of the Clouds

Postby JoelR » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:49 pm

Queen of the Clouds wrote:Victoria Hinojosa is looking STUNNING. I think she may be the frontrunner for Texas. Former 2-time runner-up in Texas Teen (2016 and 2017), now making her Miss division debut.

She looks a little too teen. She should wait a year or two. Oddly from all those past title holders interviews from IG a lot of them said they wished they had waited to be a little older to compete. Curious huh? I think she wait. Especially with IMG preferring older girls.
JoelR

Postby itsrowdy801 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:22 am

JoelR wrote:
Queen of the Clouds wrote:Victoria Hinojosa is looking STUNNING. I think she may be the frontrunner for Texas. Former 2-time runner-up in Texas Teen (2016 and 2017), now making her Miss division debut.

She looks a little too teen. She should wait a year or two. Oddly from all those past title holders interviews from IG a lot of them said they wished they had waited to be a little older to compete. Curious huh? I think she wait. Especially with IMG preferring older girls.

IMG is no longer the director of Miss USA so that's moot, but in any case I thought that Asya was too teenish to win and she won anyway.
itsrowdy801

Postby JoelR » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:46 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:
JoelR wrote:

IMG is no longer the director of Miss USA so that's moot, but in any case I thought that Asya was too teenish to win and she won anyway.

IMG is still in charge of Universe. So if she wins USA IMG has a say in her fate at Universe. That was my point. I think Asya's height is was makes her teenish. Her face is mature yet youthful but her height makes her looks like an older looking teen. This girl is the opposite.
JoelR

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:17 am

Texas competitor Maelia Salcines is receiving some training at Crystle Stewart's MISS Academy.

I don't know if I like this. If Crystle is taking over Miss USA she should stop training girls. Sure, Maelia is competing in Miss Texas USA and is not at Miss USA yet, but if she wins in Texas she'll be at Miss USA and already have a relationship with the national director. That doesn't seem very fair to me.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby itsrowdy801 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:23 am

Queen of the Clouds wrote:Texas competitor Maelia Salcines is receiving some training at Crystle Stewart's MISS Academy.

I don't know if I like this. If Crystle is taking over Miss USA she should stop training girls. Sure, Maelia is competing in Miss Texas USA and is not at Miss USA yet, but if she wins in Texas she'll be at Miss USA and already have a relationship with the national director. That doesn't seem very fair to me.

I love Maelia but that also strikes me as super iffy. People gave Lu Sierra shit for not being an unbiased commentator because a lot of the contestants' parents were paying her big bucks for coaching, and the fact that certain contestants can hire the national director as a coach is even more unfair. Honestly, I think Crystle should stop coaching or leave Miss Academy open only to competitors from other systems now that she's national director.
itsrowdy801

Postby JoelR » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:25 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:
Queen of the Clouds wrote:Texas competitor Maelia Salcines is receiving some training at Crystle Stewart's MISS Academy.

I love Maelia but that also strikes me as super iffy. People gave Lu Sierra shit for not being an unbiased commentator because a lot of the contestants' parents were paying her big bucks for coaching, and the fact that certain contestants can hire the national director as a coach is even more unfair. Honestly, I think Crystle should stop coaching or leave Miss Academy open only to competitors from other systems now that she's national director.

Crystal would have to pay for all the girls to fly out and stay there. Not everyone has the money to do that. I agree, it isn't good for Crystal to have her Academy. Then again Lupita Jones does/did the same thing.
JoelR

Postby missfinlandia » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:18 pm

Multiple time Michigan runner up Laura Esqueda is Miss Santa Monica USA and will compete on Miss California USA.

missfinlandia

Real Life Name/Nick: MissSuomi
Date of Birth: 29 Nov 1913
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: This and that
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Hobbies/Interests: Shopping

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:46 pm

MISS NORTH CAROLINA USA 2021 CONTESTANTS ARE UP

https://www.missnorthcarolinausa.com/contestants-miss/

Of the 2020 runners-up, Madison Bryant (1RU) is the only one to have returned, so she is likely to be a major frontrunner here. We are also seeing Victoria Vesce (T16 2020; T10 South Carolina 2019; 4RU 2018; 1RU 2017; T10 2015) return for what is likely one of her last years of eligibility. She had previously come so close to winning the title, but last year could not even crack top ten. Can she improve this year? Other 2020 returnees include Madeline Delp (T10; T16 2019), Juliana Morehouse (T10), Amber Buergermeister (T16), Adele Marchant (T16), and Sarah Roof (T16; T10 2019). Madeline achieved a lot of notability because she uses a wheelchair. We are also seeing the Miss division debut of Kaaviya Sambasivam (Miss North Carolina Teen USA 2018), who also placed as the fourth runner-up at Miss Teen USA 2018. A number of other girls who I do not recognize also seemed promising though: Natalie Bode, Celia Stafford, Kayley Spruill, Madison Humphries, Imani Cooper, Kleo Torres, Sophie Powell, Haleigh Jo Baker (former three-time Teen runner-up), Morgan Romano, Reagan Wayne (2018 Teen runner-up), and Kiki Walls.

Madison Bryant has a private Instagram

Victoria Vesce:

Kaaviya Sambasivam:

Madeline Delp:

Madison Humphries:

Haleigh Jo Baker:

Reagan Wayne:
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:06 pm

MISS SOUTH CAROLINA USA 2021 CONTESTANTS ARE UP

https://www.misssouthcarolinausa.com/contestants-miss/

Of the 2020 runners-up, three have decided to return: Shaylyn Simmons (2RU), Marley Stokes (3RU; Miss South Carolina Teen USA 2016; 2RU at Miss Teen USA 2016), and Davia Bunch (4RU; Miss South Carolina 2018). It's also notable that Emily Wakeman (Miss North Carolina Teen USA 2016; 1RU at Miss Teen USA 2016) has decided to compete in Miss division, but in South Carolina as she now lives and works here. Another girl coming to SC from another state is Riley Copans, who was 2RU in Virginia in 2018, 3RU in Virginia in 2017, 3RU in Utah in 2016, and previously a Teen runner-up in Virginia as well. Other returnees from 2020 include Meera Bhonslé (T10; 4RU 2019), Morgan Gumola (T10; 3RU 2019), Marina Neuman (T10), Madalyn Ard (T16), and Cadie Hall (T16). Other girls that I didn't recognize who seem promising include Caitlyn Russell, Savannah Willis, Hope Harvard, Tyler Williams, Laney Quickel, Savannah Bethea, Kaitlyn Jordan, and Brooklyn Brewster.

Shaylyn Simmons:

Marley Stokes:

Davia Bunch:

Emily Wakeman:

Riley Copans:

Meera Bhonsle:

Morgan Gumola:

Laney Quickel:
Queen of the Clouds

Re: ROAD TO MISS USA 2021 // NC + SC CONTESTANTS ARE UP

Postby missfinlandia » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:14 pm

Okay batches for both Carolinas. I don't know who my NC pick will be, in SC I cheer for Meera Bhonsle again. But the most gorgeous girl is competing in SC Teen. Augusta Roach.

If I remember right Emily Wakeman is really short unfortunately, under 5'5''.
missfinlandia

Postby itsrowdy801 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:44 pm

Still working on assembling my write-up for South Carolina, but here are my North Carolina Thoughts:

I was hoping Victoria Vesce would compete again despite saying last year that she had decided not to compete again. She was born in 1993 (she even has a famousbirthdays profile confirming this), so this is her final year of eligibility and I really hope she makes it this year. I'll be cheering hard for her, she's gorgeous, a great performer when she's on her A-game, and has an incredible story. I'm concerned by her slowly backslipping in her placement every year since her 1RU finish in 2017, but I really do believe in her that she's a fantastic performer and a strong, inspiring, and intelligent woman woman that will be a major contender at Miss USA if she gets there.

Idk what it is about Natalie Bode, but she just really strikes me as a contender for this title. I know that she's never placed at Miss NC USA before, I don't remember her competing anywhere else, and idk if she's a newcomer or just didn't place before so there's no record of her competing, but her look and her career as a sports reporter just screams "Southern state titleholder" to me lol. RPM is no stranger to passing up major crown contenders for dark horses with a lot of potential, and even so they are nearly always represented in the Top 5. My gut says bet on Natalie to do well.

Madeline Delp really impressed me last year. I went into the competition wondering how someone in a wheelchair would handle performing in a competition in which walking is a big component, but the way she moved in her wheelchair in SS kind of took my breath away. If she can manage to do a similar "walk" in EG, she could go further, we'll see. I'm a little skeptical if a state like North Carolina is going to be willing to crown a woman in a wheelchair, but it's definitely possible she could win it all. I just don't see the powerhouse Southern states as the ones most likely to break major frontiers in pageantry, but Madeline is awesome so I hope I'm wrong about that.

Kaaviya Sambasivam is absolutely stunning, and former Teen titleholders are definitely at a major advantage, and she's the only one in this group. I think she's definitely one to watch, especially ones who placed in the Top 5 will tell you. As the current Miss NC USA will tell you as well as several other Miss USA state titleholders, doing very well at Miss Teen USA is no guarantee of success at Miss USA, but it's certainly a major boost to winning a Miss state title. I'm sure Kaaviya is going to be wearing a Miss crown someday, and it may very well be this year.

Morgan Romano is one to watch for sure. I don't really remember her competing anywhere before so she's likely a newcomer (or maybe I just forgot about her) but she is a chemical engineer and absolutely gorgeous. I'll need to see her walk before I know if she's a crown contender or not, but I'll have a close eye on her for sure.

Madison Bryant, as the only 2020 runner-up returnee, is absolutely one to watch for sure, but to be honest I don't really remember her that much from last year. She was also in the Top 5 at Miss NC America at least once, so we know she's a talented competitor and versatile in different systems. I think she'll make Top 5.

My predictions

W: Victoria Vesce
1RU: Natalie Bode
2RU: Kaaviya Sambasivam
3RU: Madison Bryant
4RU: Morgan Romano
itsrowdy801

Postby itsrowdy801 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:27 pm

South Carolina thoughts:

So South Carolina is the state where all the runners-up are. I think that South Carolina is going to be more competitive than North Carolina this year, since there's like a hundred former runners-up on here.

Emily Wakeman stands out as a major crown contender. Former Miss NC Teen USA and Miss Teen USA 1RU (and unlike Kaaviya, she has a longer gap between Miss and Teen which I think is something they look out for), a career in entertainment, lots of Southern Belle charm. I think she's likely one of the favorites for the crown going in, but this is going to be a competitive year in the Palmetto State (I actually think she'd be more of a shoo-in if she stayed in North Carolina even though NC is ordinarily more competitive. Go figure.) I think it's between Davia and Emily, but another one could very well take it since there are so many returning finalists.

Davia Bunch is another major favorite. She's a former Miss SC America which is also a big asset, although I do think being a former Teen titleholder is slightly better in terms of elevating your chances. However, I'll be rooting for her for her career. She has an impressive career working for an organization which seeks to boost progressive policies in South Carolina, and works with the South Carolina Women’s Leadership Network and travelled to Moscow on a National Security and Language program. I fucking love her.

I'm really really torn about whether I think Marley Stokes or Emily is more of a frontrunner because it very much could be either. Like Emily, she is also a former Teen state titleholder and Top 3 finalist at Miss Teen USA, but I just see her as a tad bit behind Emily and Davia right now. I think that most likely comes down to her career as a makeup artist not being as strong as a reporter or working in politics, but after all she's a former Miss SC Teen USA and placed in 3RU at Miss SC USA last year, so she could very well win it. If neither Emily or Davia win, it will probably be her. This is going to be a tough one to predict, because I can totally see her winning it all, but I'm going with my gut.

Morgan Gumola is currently studying to be a nurse, and as we begin our slow recovery from a devastating pandemic, everyone is thinking quite fondly of our healthcare heroes. I don't believe she's officially become a nurse yet, my research appears that she's still in school, but the world is very appreciative of people in the healthcare industry right now and I think that's going to help boost her towards the top of the competition.

I like Meera Bhonslé a lot. I honestly don't know how to elaborate further than that, I've had my eye on her for a couple years and I think she's a contender. This is a very competivie year and she slipped from the Top 5 last year, but I think she has a good chance of doing well.

Early predictions (although I really see this moving around even more than usual after prelims):

W: Davia Bunch
1RU: Emily Wakeman
2RU: Marley Stokes
3RU: Morgan Gumola
4RU: Meera Bhonslé
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:33 am

Before prelims, I would pick Kaaviya for NC and Davia for SC.

I do have some hesitations about Kaaviya though just because the aesthetic she's been curating on her Insta is definitely not that of a pageant queen. She's looking much more Instagram model-y and is giving me Katerina Rozmajzl vibes based on her photos and looks. That's not really a good thing when it comes to pageantry, but I suppose Katerina still won her state title. I was a huge fan of Kaaviya when she was a Teen titleholder and she was actually my pick to win Miss Teen USA that year, so I'm definitely excited to see her making her Miss division debut. I think Kaaviya has a great chance of winning but I still cannot count out Madison Bryant or one of the strong newcomers. Sadly I think Victoria Vesce is past her prime and probably won't win. It's always sad when girls who have tried so hard and came so close age out without a title, but I don't think she's in her best form anymore and if she couldn't win then I don't think she can now.

I think Davia would be a great choice especially considering the leg-up former MAO titleholders have been receiving in Miss USA. Now, with Crystle taking over there's a lot of uncertainty as to whether past advantages will actually do any good anymore, but at the very least we can expect her to have strong interview skills. I'm also very impressed by her career and am always supportive of girls who are working in politics (since I am as well). Overall though, I feel like Marley may be the one winning here. She just screams RPM titleholder to me, and especially considering she has the returning runner-up experience, is a former Teen titleholder, and did so well at Miss Teen USA. On paper, she has everything needed to win. Also at Miss Teen USA, I remember she had a very daring and unique gown so I expect her to continue standing out. I don't think she'd be an awful winner but I don't exactly find her exciting. Emily Wakeman could also take this but I agree she'd have a much easier time competing in NC, and there is a lot of competition in SC who she'd have to beat.

We'll see how prelims changes things.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:56 am

Queen of the Clouds wrote:Before prelims, I would pick Kaaviya for NC and Davia for SC.

I do have some hesitations about Kaaviya though just because the aesthetic she's been curating on her Insta is definitely not that of a pageant queen. She's looking much more Instagram model-y and is giving me Katerina Rozmajzl vibes based on her photos and looks. That's not really a good thing when it comes to pageantry, but I suppose Katerina still won her state title. I was a huge fan of Kaaviya when she was a Teen titleholder and she was actually my pick to win Miss Teen USA that year, so I'm definitely excited to see her making her Miss division debut. I think Kaaviya has a great chance of winning but I still cannot count out Madison Bryant or one of the strong newcomers. Sadly I think Victoria Vesce is past her prime and probably won't win. It's always sad when girls who have tried so hard and came so close age out without a title, but I don't think she's in her best form anymore and if she couldn't win then I don't think she can now.

I think Davia would be a great choice especially considering the leg-up former MAO titleholders have been receiving in Miss USA. Now, with Crystle taking over there's a lot of uncertainty as to whether past advantages will actually do any good anymore, but at the very least we can expect her to have strong interview skills. I'm also very impressed by her career and am always supportive of girls who are working in politics (since I am as well). Overall though, I feel like Marley may be the one winning here. She just screams RPM titleholder to me, and especially considering she has the returning runner-up experience, is a former Teen titleholder, and did so well at Miss Teen USA. On paper, she has everything needed to win. Also at Miss Teen USA, I remember she had a very daring and unique gown so I expect her to continue standing out. I don't think she'd be an awful winner but I don't exactly find her exciting. Emily Wakeman could also take this but I agree she'd have a much easier time competing in NC, and there is a lot of competition in SC who she'd have to beat.

We'll see how prelims changes things.

Something tells me they're going to be going for a classic frontrunner this year when they're making their shortlist of favorites. RPM very much directs to win, and I'm sure they're proud of their impeccable record and want that to continue. So far, they've crowned a cute-but-somewhat-forgettable Alabama representative with some potential to be transformed into a frontrunner, and a gorgeous Louisiana representative with a really controversial background. I think they'll be going for who's going to do the best at Miss USA, even if that's harder to predict under a new directorship. RPM has tried several times now to crown Teen runners up only for them to clap at Miss (Jane Axhoj, Katie Coble, Julia Dalton, Tori Sizemore) so I'd be interested to know if they're going to look at the big picture of who has what it takes to win Miss USA, not just automatically giving a boost to Teen runners-up.
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:58 pm

A lot of states are ending up getting postponed. It seems like we're only gonna get RPM, Greenwood, and Pageants NW states in the next two months. Initially, Alaska, Nebraska, Massachusetts, Maine, Vermont, Missouri, and Illinois were also all scheduled for February or March, but they've all been postponed to May and June. Hopefully pageant season will really kick off in April which is when a lot of others are scheduled, but they could all end up being postponed as well if the US still isn't in a good place with covid.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby missfinlandia » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:36 pm

Georgia contestants up!

http://www.missgeorgiausa.com/gausa2021/

Christell Foote is my pick, but there´s great black beauties here as well. I see couple former Teens competing, Erin Snow (Miss Alabama Teen USA 2016), Caroline Wade (Miss Georgia Teen USA 2010) and Grayson Hodgkiss (Miss Illinois Teen USA 2013).

missfinlandia

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:01 pm

Queen of the Clouds wrote:A lot of states are ending up getting postponed. It seems like we're only gonna get RPM, Greenwood, and Pageants NW states in the next two months. Initially, Alaska, Nebraska, Massachusetts, Maine, Vermont, Missouri, and Illinois were also all scheduled for February or March, but they've all been postponed to May and June. Hopefully pageant season will really kick off in April which is when a lot of others are scheduled, but they could all end up being postponed as well if the US still isn't in a good place with covid.

I actually think that decision makes a lot of sense, considering that we've been getting really good news about the outlook for when everyone is going to be vaccinated. Experts are saying that widely available vaccines are going to become available in the next couple months, it would make sense to postpone just a little while and wait for that to happen. I actually kind of think it would make more sense in a way to hold a pageant now if we didn't have that "light at the end of the tunnel". Since things are hopefully going to be better soon, it makes a lot of sense to just wait around a bit for that to happen rather than invite unnecessary risk.
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:52 am

MISS GEORGIA USA 2021 CONTESTANTS ARE UP

http://www.missgeorgiausa.com/gausa2021/

Of the 2020 runners-up, two have returned: Olivia Wamack (2RU; 3RU 2019) and Cora Lynn Griffen (4RU), so expect them to be frontrunners. Another notable competitor is Erin Snow (3RU Alabama 2020; Miss Alabama Teen USA 2016; 3RU at Miss Teen USA 2016), who has moved from Alabama to Georgia and opted to compete here instead. Whether that was a good decision or not is yet to be seen, as she would have had a very real shot at winning in Alabama this year. We also have Caroline Wade (Miss Georgia Teen USA 2010). Other 2020 returnees include Christell Foote (Semifinalist 2020) and Alix Troupe (Semifinalist 2020; 2019; 2018; 2017), which means that we have a very open competition here. It also appears that Grayson Hodgkiss (Miss Illinois Teen USA 2013) will be competing in Georgia. Other girls who I did not recognize that look promising include Sabrina Lewis, Shayla Farmer, Amia Akwiwu, Hanna Berryhill, Shaunii Rawls, Gracie Abercrombie (former Teen runner-up), Hollyn Adams (former Teen runner-up), Randelle Nataki, Aliyah Worzalla, and Jordan Meachum (former Teen runner-up). Also my best friend (who is from Georgia) and her friend both follow Jordan Meachum (private Insta though) so I need to figure out what the connection is there lol.

Olivia Wamack:

Cora Lynn Griffen:

Erin Snow:

Caroline Wade:

Christell Foote:

Alix Troupe:

Grayson Hodgkiss:

Hollyn Adams:

Gracie Abercrombie:

Queen of the Clouds

Re: ROAD TO MISS USA 2021 // NC + SC + GA CONTESTANTS ARE UP

Postby missfinlandia » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:25 pm

According to Insta Maggie Laughlin is competing in Virginia. She competed only once in Virginia Teen before and immediately placed as 1st runner up. Now after several years she's back for Miss.

missfinlandia

PreviousNext

Return to Miss Universe