Miss Universe at home Online... would it work?

Miss Universe at home Online... would it work?

Postby stuff » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:04 pm

If the Corona Pandemic gets worst, this could be the best way to make a Miss Universe 2020 work without cancelling. Many singing competitions now have contestants compete at home via zoom or Google Hangouts. American Idol and the Voice are going with this system.

Prelim will work like this: They will send judges National costume, swimsuit and evening gown footages to the judges online. Contestant can get creative on how to record it or they can go the lazy way and use archive footage from their local pageant. They will have Q and A and interview via video chat as well.

----

Coronation night:
Zoom can handle up to 100 people I think, so contestants can work as some sort of audience.
All contestants will be online at home, Once they get eliminated, they will still stay online to work as "studio audience"

top 20 will be announced and all contestants will do their speech. Show footage of their swimsuit suit as well. Scores for both will be combined.

After that top 10 will be announced, They will have a casual interview and then footage of their evening gown performance will be shown.

Top 5 will be announced, A singer will serenade them online.

Q and a round and top 3 will be announced.

Final question and speech

Zozi's final walk which is pre-recorded.

Announcement of winners.

You guys can suggest how to make this work.

stuff
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: stuff
Date of Birth: 27 Jun 1985
Profession: robber
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: watching

Re: Miss Universe at home Online... would it work?

Postby Lafeadamadelaindia » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:35 pm

Sure. They could all wear masks and we could have a “Best in Facial Cover” category as well. There’s a lot of opportunity to be creative. What matters is that to not keep losing audiences, the pageant shouldn’t crown someone as lame and ugly as Zozibini just to do a diversity check mark.
Lafeadamadelaindia
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: Betty
Date of Birth: 09 Sep 1989
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: PC
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Hobbies/Interests: PCing

Postby beautywatchnyc » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:55 pm

It's a long shot, if not wishful thinking, sorry! I post my observations I have strong views and won't apologize for what I feel is right.

Reur recommendations, I'm unable to figure out how the national representative will be chosen in what used to be a broad-based search mechanism. It remains doubtful whether a national organization will succeed in getting the correct signals, or public support and enthusiasm.

As we speak, the existing protocols, i.e. social and physical distancing, community lockdown, and quarantine guidelines are enforced on a national and in the international fronts. Even if the organizer mounts the search on its own private initiative, I doubt if the organizer can attract a broad-based representation or following, or if private individuals or corporations are willing to pay the bill, or whether local organizers will have the sufficient funds to get the launch started. We can't even determine how long this pandemic will last or if we are able to get out of this unscathed.

In a time of crises, how does a pageant enthusiast justify a pageant proceeding as a priority when finite resources have a better use in various targeted, identified purposes be it in the local or national level. In all likelihood, civic-minded citizens will raise a howl in protest and call attention to the proceedings as being insensitive to the urgency of addressing people's needs in the midst of crises. That is almost assured.

From a global perspective, IMG/MUO has been vetted to be in a dire situation; they're cash-strapped and have scant financial resources to effect a transition to the complexities that you are proposing.
beautywatchnyc
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.

Location: New York City (former) now residing in the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, SW5
Real Life Name/Nick: david
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: HR Consultancy, Professional Cooking
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing D Net Cooking Travel Reading Pho2graphy

Postby The Duchess » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:22 pm

I would rather they just cancel it than to do it like that, sorry but it's going to look really crappy and it could open itself to even more controversy than MUO/IMG already has. That's why most national directors would rather appoint or simply wait to crown later this year, just the thought of it after how 2019 happened... I don't think id be a good look.
The Duchess
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 01 Sep 1995
Profession: Costume Design
Hobbies/Interests: Arts, Music, Literature

Postby stuff » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:51 am

I just watched the "at home" format of American idol, it worked well and they saved a lot of money for production since its a glorified videochat. All they need is to partner with a tech company. Apple partnered with American Idol and contestants where given a light and an Ipad. That's cheaper than flying contestants to the US and making them stay in a hotel. It is cheaper than the Swimming pool pageant Miss Earth had before. We need something to watch if the lockdown continues so I am against cancelling. Many ISP and tech companies are taking advantage of the situation.
stuff

Real Life Name/Nick: stuff
Date of Birth: 27 Jun 1985
Profession: robber
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: watching

Postby The Duchess » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:33 am

stuff wrote:I just watched the "at home" format of American idol, it worked well and they saved a lot of money for production since its a glorified videochat. All they need is to partner with a tech company. Apple partnered with American Idol and contestants where given a light and an Ipad. That's cheaper than flying contestants to the US and making them stay in a hotel. It is cheaper than the Swimming pool pageant Miss Earth had before. We need something to watch if the lockdown continues so I am against cancelling. Many ISP and tech companies are taking advantage of the situation.

XD "having something to watch" is a horrible reason to make a virtual pageant that will sadly look cheap because to quote you "its a glorified videochat" hahaaha whats so bad about waiting?
The Duchess

Date of Birth: 01 Sep 1995
Profession: Costume Design
Hobbies/Interests: Arts, Music, Literature

Postby beautywatchnyc » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:51 am

stuff wrote:I just watched the "at home" format of American idol, it worked well and they saved a lot of money for production since its a glorified videochat. All they need is to partner with a tech company. Apple partnered with American Idol and contestants where given a light and an Ipad. That's cheaper than flying contestants to the US and making them stay in a hotel. It is cheaper than the Swimming pool pageant Miss Earth had before. We need something to watch if the lockdown continues so I am against cancelling. Many ISP and tech companies are taking advantage of the situation.

MUO should follow the lead by American Idol, is what you're saying? Did Amer Idol host 80+ participants, with each one originating in as many number of geographic locations across the continents? What about smaller countries that happen to not possess the technical capabilities or where tech-savvy companies aren't popular or represented operationally in those countries yet? Have you considered variances in time zones and the conflicting airtime slots around the globe? It might be easier to not over-complicate matters so MsU can stage according to your whim, but let me point this out; in the IMG scheme of things, inherent macro-issues rear an ugly head and the impending realities in the ground appear insurmountable, costly, hence, untenable.
beautywatchnyc

Location: New York City (former) now residing in the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, SW5
Real Life Name/Nick: david
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: HR Consultancy, Professional Cooking
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing D Net Cooking Travel Reading Pho2graphy

Return to Miss Universe