Re: ROAD TO MISS USA 2020 // OKLAHOMA THIS WEEKEND

Postby itsrowdy801 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:49 pm

Queen of the Clouds wrote:
SheMalesofVenezuela wrote:
Malcanthet wrote:
Queen of the Clouds wrote:MISS NEVADA USA 2020 CONTESTANTS ARE UP

http://www.missnevadausa.com/contestants/

Nevada is just a bastion for statehoppers. Does Shana not even enforce residence requirements??

I heard for Miss USA, the residency requirements has been lowered to 3 months and a contestant can only compete in two separate state pageants per year.
[font=Georgia][i]

[color=#FF4080]Yes I know this (I think these are horrible residency requirements but that's besides the point), but Nevada has more statehoppers than any other state every year. I guess it could be its proximity sort of in the middle of big states (California and Texas aren't far) and how it typically holds its pageant late, but it seems as if they don't even check residency requirements (or it's just easy to fake them here). Las Vegas is Nevada's only nationally recognized city and it's not like every girl is moving there like it's NYC or LA. It just makes no sense.

Six months is already bad enough; they just made things worse with three months.

I remember Nia Sanchez’s difficult journey to the Miss USA crown. She simply couldn’t cut it at her original state pageants and had to resort to carpetbagging just to achieve her goal.

Yes Nia started a decent controversy with her carpetbagging. She was a born and raised Californian who couldn't win in California so she carpetbagged to Nevada. I think Nia was a very deserving winner who did us proud at Miss Universe, and she did claim to have a residence in Las Vegas because her modeling career was LA/LV based, but still I think we should be prioritizing actual permanent residents who don't have another state to fall back on if they fail in their primary one. If another one of these statehoppers wins Miss USA and doesn't have a good excuse like Nia did, they'll get clowned even harder; that's partly why I didn't want Allie to win Miss USA this year (Texan carpetbagger to New Mexico). I heard statehopper accusations even against Olivia Jordan, even though she was a born and raised Oklahoman who was just going to compete in her home state instead of in California where she lived for her modeling/acting career; I have no problem when girls do stuff like that, it's just when they compete in a state they don't really have any connection to because they're desperate is when I have a problem. If anything she statehopped to California. Brittany McGowan, Lauren York, and Carolina Urrea all only came to Nevada after failing in California, and I've heard mixed claims regarding if any of them were actual Nevadans (pretty sure Lauren definitely isn't, heard mixed things on Brittany and Carolina).

I'd rather the residency requirement be a year of proven residence (it is impossible to have three months residence in a state when you just competed in another state two months prior, clearly they're just using their friends’ or family's addresses), a state-issued identification card, and then a second supplementary document such as a school transcript or proof of employment. I have a New York ID, a New York address, and I go to school/work in New York, but could I use my dad's address in New Jersey and say I've been living there for three months to avoid the heavy competition in NY? My friend's address in Connecticut? I easily could, but I shouldn't be able to. It's totally unfair.

I especially feel bad for the rural girls living in small communities in states like Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, the Dakotas, etc. This year at least Idaho and the Dakotas are represented by natives, but Montana and Wyoming are both Californian girls who carpetbagged. It's one thing carpetbagging to a state like Nevada which is metropolitan and full of people migrating from other places, but these small, rural states have almost entirely local populations whose families have lived there or in the general region for generations. There's already been controversy with Miss Montana USA being disliked by Montanans for apparently being ignorant to Montanan culture. Dani Walker carpetbagged to Montana too in 2017 after failing in California. I feel super bad for those local girls, they'll struggle a lot competing with well-trained, metropolitan, Californian models.

I can see both sides to this, honestly. People in their young adult years are highly mobile and often move frequently, I've lived in three states just in the first half of my twenties. As such, it makes sense to loosen residency requirements to some extent. Also, I'm of the opinion that some girls really deserve a title, and should be able to do what they can to get one. Mind you, I'm not a competitor, so it doesn't really effect me too much, and YES deep down I'd rather the contestant representing my home state be a local rather than a state-hopper, but at the end of the day they're still playing by the rules.

itsrowdy801
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Rowdy
Date of Birth: 21 Aug 1994
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Customer Service @ Travel Startup
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants, Comedy, Politics

Re: ROAD TO MISS USA 2020 // 37 DELEGATES CHOSEN

Postby The Duchess » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:08 pm

In MUPR they are bringing back a sort of residency requirement (last year there wasn't a clear rule for the diaspora candidates, even I had problems keeping up) for the 2020 competition. If the girl is outside of the island (whether she is there since birth, or because she is studying/working ect) she HAS to be in Puerto Rico by mid-January regardless of when the inscriptions starts because they need to live in Puerto Rico for six months before the MUPR 2020 pageant (which by that I'm assuming it will be in Mid or Late June)
The Duchess
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 01 Sep 1995
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Costume Design
Hobbies/Interests: Arts, Music, Literature

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:05 pm

Arkansas keeps impressing over and over again. I think they can get another top five with Haley.
Queen of the Clouds
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 18 Mar 1996
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Lawyer
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Hobbies/Interests: Fashion, music, film, politics, and parties

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:27 pm

MISS MASSACHUSETTS USA 2020 CONTESTANTS ARE UP

https://www.missmassachusettsusa.com/contestants/

A very big batch in Massachusetts, but I don't find it to be that strong. Two of 2019's runners-up have returned: Ashley Baptista (1RU, also 1RU 2018, 2RU 2016, and semifinalist 2015) and Sabrina Victor (3RU). I expect Ashley to be the girl to beat here. Returning semifinalists from 2019 are Nicole Eacuello, Ashley Maiolatesi, and Meghan McInnis. A notable statehopper I noticed is Lexia Gillette, who has competed several times in Vermont (this year included) with no luck, having never made the finals. Vermont seems to have weird qualifications for placements, often crowning girls who wouldn't even make the semifinals in other states, while gorgeous girls are left out, so maybe she'll have more luck in Massachusetts. Otherwise, the batch here is a bit underwhelming; mostly newcomers and former semifinalists or non-placers. Some girls who stuck out to me based on their headshots are Bianca Attanasio, Olivia Bulgin, Olivia Crawford, Sarah DeSouza, Lindsey Mazzeo, Melanie Silvestrini, Sarah Sweeney, and Nicole Vicino.

Sabrina Victor:

Nicole Eacuello:

Ashley Maiolatesi:

Ashley Baptista and Meghan McInnis both have private Instagrams.
Last edited by Queen of the Clouds on Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:44 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:
Malcanthet wrote:

Nevada is just a bastion for statehoppers. Does Shana not even enforce residence requirements??

I heard for Miss USA, the residency requirements has been lowered to 3 months and a contestant can only compete in two separate state pageants per year.
[font=Georgia][i]

[color=#FF4080]Yes I know this (I think these are horrible residency requirements but that's besides the point), but Nevada has more statehoppers than any other state every year. I guess it could be its proximity sort of in the middle of big states (California and Texas aren't far) and how it typically holds its pageant late, but it seems as if they don't even check residency requirements (or it's just easy to fake them here). Las Vegas is Nevada's only nationally recognized city and it's not like every girl is moving there like it's NYC or LA. It just makes no sense.

Six months is already bad enough; they just made things worse with three months.

I remember Nia Sanchez’s difficult journey to the Miss USA crown. She simply couldn’t cut it at her original state pageants and had to resort to carpetbagging just to achieve her goal.

Yes Nia started a decent controversy with her carpetbagging. She was a born and raised Californian who couldn't win in California so she carpetbagged to Nevada. I think Nia was a very deserving winner who did us proud at Miss Universe, and she did claim to have a residence in Las Vegas because her modeling career was LA/LV based, but still I think we should be prioritizing actual permanent residents who don't have another state to fall back on if they fail in their primary one. If another one of these statehoppers wins Miss USA and doesn't have a good excuse like Nia did, they'll get clowned even harder; that's partly why I didn't want Allie to win Miss USA this year (Texan carpetbagger to New Mexico). I heard statehopper accusations even against Olivia Jordan, even though she was a born and raised Oklahoman who was just going to compete in her home state instead of in California where she lived for her modeling/acting career; I have no problem when girls do stuff like that, it's just when they compete in a state they don't really have any connection to because they're desperate is when I have a problem. If anything she statehopped to California. Brittany McGowan, Lauren York, and Carolina Urrea all only came to Nevada after failing in California, and I've heard mixed claims regarding if any of them were actual Nevadans (pretty sure Lauren definitely isn't, heard mixed things on Brittany and Carolina).

I'd rather the residency requirement be a year of proven residence (it is impossible to have three months residence in a state when you just competed in another state two months prior, clearly they're just using their friends’ or family's addresses), a state-issued identification card, and then a second supplementary document such as a school transcript or proof of employment. I have a New York ID, a New York address, and I go to school/work in New York, but could I use my dad's address in New Jersey and say I've been living there for three months to avoid the heavy competition in NY? My friend's address in Connecticut? I easily could, but I shouldn't be able to. It's totally unfair.

I especially feel bad for the rural girls living in small communities in states like Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, the Dakotas, etc. This year at least Idaho and the Dakotas are represented by natives, but Montana and Wyoming are both Californian girls who carpetbagged. It's one thing carpetbagging to a state like Nevada which is metropolitan and full of people migrating from other places, but these small, rural states have almost entirely local populations whose families have lived there or in the general region for generations. There's already been controversy with Miss Montana USA being disliked by Montanans for apparently being ignorant to Montanan culture. Dani Walker carpetbagged to Montana too in 2017 after failing in California. I feel super bad for those local girls, they'll struggle a lot competing with well-trained, metropolitan, Californian models.

I can see both sides to this, honestly. People in their young adult years are highly mobile and often move frequently, I've lived in three states just in the first half of my twenties. As such, it makes sense to loosen residency requirements to some extent. Also, I'm of the opinion that some girls really deserve a title, and should be able to do what they can to get one. Mind you, I'm not a competitor, so it doesn't really effect me too much, and YES deep down I'd rather the contestant representing my home state be a local rather than a state-hopper, but at the end of the day they're still playing by the rules.

I understand that girls may move around a lot, but the vast majority of girls here are not moving, they are using loopholes to circumvent residency. I have nothing against girls who legitimately are moving to a new state and competing there because it's where they now live (many girls in California and New York are not natives, but they do actually live there), the girls I have something against are the ones who pretend to move just to compete somewhere else. Rayni Lasley (a Tennessee runner-up) is going to be using extended family's address to compete in Kentucky this year; she has never lived in Kentucky, and if she wins would be displacing Kentuckian girls with no other state to compete in just because she's annoyed she hasn't been able to win her own state. If a girl is from California and moves to Montana three months before Miss Montana USA so she can compete there, I believe she should just not be eligible to compete in Montana until a year of residence. Being a recent migrant from California who hypothetically would have met the requirements to compete there, I would rather her continue to compete in California until meeting the eligibility in Montana by living there for a year. Thus, I would not require residency specifically at the time of the pageant, but one year residency in total. Not to mention, many of these statehoppers don't even live in their states when they are state titleholders, instead just arriving for specific events and then leaving once they're done.

The whole point of the 51 delegates are for each state to propose their best girl to compete in an all-star competition that is Miss USA. I don't think we'd like if if a Peruvian girl kept losing in Peru so she moved to Bolivia (with no connection to the country) just to win there and go to Miss Universe. Miss USA is about representing your state like Miss Universe is about representing their country, and statehoppers have no interest in representing their state, just getting to Miss USA.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:43 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:
Malcanthet wrote:

[font=Georgia][i]

I understand that girls may move around a lot, but the vast majority of girls here are not moving, they are using loopholes to circumvent residency. I have nothing against girls who legitimately are moving to a new state and competing there because it's where they now live (many girls in California and New York are not natives, but they do actually live there), the girls I have something against are the ones who pretend to move just to compete somewhere else. Rayni Lasley (a Tennessee runner-up) is going to be using extended family's address to compete in Kentucky this year; she has never lived in Kentucky, and if she wins would be displacing Kentuckian girls with no other state to compete in just because she's annoyed she hasn't been able to win her own state. If a girl is from California and moves to Montana three months before Miss Montana USA so she can compete there, I believe she should just not be eligible to compete in Montana until a year of residence. Being a recent migrant from California who hypothetically would have met the requirements to compete there, I would rather her continue to compete in California until meeting the eligibility in Montana by living there for a year. Thus, I would not require residency specifically at the time of the pageant, but one year residency in total. Not to mention, many of these statehoppers don't even live in their states when they are state titleholders, instead just arriving for specific events and then leaving once they're done.

The whole point of the 51 delegates are for each state to propose their best girl to compete in an all-star competition that is Miss USA. I don't think we'd like if if a Peruvian girl kept losing in Peru so she moved to Bolivia (with no connection to the country) just to win there and go to Miss Universe. Miss USA is about representing your state like Miss Universe is about representing their country, and statehoppers have no interest in representing their state, just getting to Miss USA.

I one hundred percent get that. I also think that there are some girls who totally deserve a title, and should be able to do what they can in order to get one. Iirc, Rayni is aging out so she won't be able to just try again next year, and I (personally) think that she's absolutely fabulous, she's one of my absolute favorite state competitors in the country rn, and deserves a title, and if she needs to carpetbag in order to get one, more power to her. I'll be rooting for her at Kentucky. But really, that's just my two cents, and I totally get your viewpoint on it. It used to be my own, but I've changed my mind after watching too many very qualified and deserving contestants lose their state pageants.
itsrowdy801

Postby missfinlandia » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:34 am

Queen of the Clouds wrote:MISS MASSACHUSETTS USA 2020 CONTESTANTS ARE UP

A very big batch in Massachusetts, but I don't find it to be that strong. Two of 2019's runners-up have returned: Ashley Baptista (1RU, also 1RU 2018, 2RU 2016, and semifinalist 2015) and Sabrina Victor (3RU). I expect Ashley to be the girl to beat here. Returning semifinalists from 2019 are Nicole Eacuello, Ashley Maiolatesi, and Meghan McInnis. A notable statehopper I noticed is Lexia Gillette, who has competed several times in Vermont (this year included) with no luck, having never made the finals. Vermont seems to have weird qualifications for placements, often crowning girls who wouldn't even make the semifinals in other states, while gorgeous girls are left out, so maybe she'll have more luck in Massachusetts. Otherwise, the batch here is a bit underwhelming; mostly newcomers and former semifinalists or non-placers. Some girls who stuck out to me based on their headshots are Bianca Attanasio, Olivia Bulgin, Olivia Crawford, Sarah DeSouza, Lindsey Mazzeo, Melanie Silvestrini, Sarah Sweeney, and Nicole Vicino.

Sabrina Victor:

Nicole Eacuello:

Ashley Maiolatesi:

Massachusetts photos are bad every year. Often you don't even spot a girl until she's crowned and much prettier than her photo.

Jordyn Jagolinzer is former Miss Massachusetts Teen USA btw, she could win/place high.
missfinlandia

Real Life Name/Nick: MissSuomi
Date of Birth: 29 Nov 1913
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: This and that
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Hobbies/Interests: Shopping

Postby itsrowdy801 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:01 am

Have any of y'all heard any rumors about the host city for 2020? I know it probably won't be announced until obscenely close to the pageant (and btw, I really wish they'd stop doing that, and give fans more time to arrange travel plans to go to the show) but rumors are still fun to talk about!
itsrowdy801

Postby Jaishee » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:17 am

Malcanthet wrote:

[font=Georgia][i]

I thought Allie and her family moved to NM because her family's business moved there.
TEAM PHILIPPINES 2024
UNIVERSE: -
WORLD: GWEN FOURNIOL
EARTH: -
INTERNATIONAL: ANGELICA LOPEZ
SUPRANATIONAL: ALETHEA AMBROSIO
Jaishee
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: Jaishee
Date of Birth: 08 Mar 1998
Profession: Physiotherapy Graduate
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:16 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:Have any of y'all heard any rumors about the host city for 2020? I know it probably won't be announced until obscenely close to the pageant (and btw, I really wish they'd stop doing that, and give fans more time to arrange travel plans to go to the show) but rumors are still fun to talk about!

Honolulu said they were interested in hosting in 2020 after they declined to host in 2019, but I haven't heard any updates since prior to the 2019 competition. With the MUO's current funding it'll probably end up in Reno, Shreveport, or who knows, Yankton, South Dakota this year.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:17 am

Jaishee wrote:
Malcanthet wrote:

[font=Georgia][i]

I thought Allie and her family moved to NM because her family's business moved there.

I've never followed Allie's personal life closely, so maybe. All I saw was a Texan girl going to New Mexico (a much easier state to win in) after losing in Texas multiple times. Thought it was sus, but that could be a logical explanation. There are still dozens of girls cheating their way into competing in other states though.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby ajsy0203 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:36 am

Nevada is the most powerhouse state in the 2010s era of Miss USA.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1761690

I think the "state hopping" may had been contributed to their stellar performance.
ajsy0203
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Profession: Office Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching

Postby Malcanthet » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:42 pm

In regards to carpetbagging, Dani Walker on her Youtube channel did said the MUO DO NOT CARE where you are originally from and DO NOT GIVE A FLYING SHIT EVEN IF THE NATIVE CONTESTANTS WILL HATE YOUR GUTS as long as you meet the age, the personal (never married, pregnant, etc) and the THREE MONTH residency requirements.

She did also make a point that the Miss California USA is now way less competitive because so many of the contestants are heading out and trying their luck in other states. I can see in the near future less successful states like Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Oregon and Arizona are all invaded by Californians.

Texans on the other hand, I think have the most competitive of all the state pageants, but they seem to take pride in being Texans so they are less prone to state hop into nearby New Mexico, Colorado, Arkansas and Kansas,
Malcanthet
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: TCL
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1969
Profession: Adm Asst
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: Music, swimming

Postby wanderlustwoman » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:53 am

Sabrina Victor:

Nicole Eacuello:

Ashley Maiolatesi:

Someone else mentioned Jordyn Jagolinzer, Miss MA Teen USA 2012. She is currently a news reporter and is working for the news station that Jackie Bruno, Miss MA USA 2008, started out in after college before working her way up to the Boston NBC station.

Some other notables are Ashley Cunningham (missosology in NH last year) who hopped back to her native state, Azia Hernandez is a Harvard Law student, and Melanie Silvestrini is a Doctoral Dental student at Tufts which is a competitive program. Ashley and Melanie seem the most IMG of this batch with their STEM backgrounds.

Ashley Cunningham

Azia Hernandez

Melanie Silvestrini
wanderlustwoman
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 18 Oct 1991
Profession: Hostess
Chinese Zodiac: Goat
Hobbies/Interests: travel, cooking, cats, anti-MLM

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:59 pm

wanderlustwoman wrote:

Sabrina Victor:

Nicole Eacuello:

Ashley Maiolatesi:

Someone else mentioned Jordyn Jagolinzer, Miss MA Teen USA 2012. She is currently a news reporter and is working for the news station that Jackie Bruno, Miss MA USA 2008, started out in after college before working her way up to the Boston NBC station.

Some other notables are Ashley Cunningham (missosology in NH last year) who hopped back to her native state, Azia Hernandez is a Harvard Law student, and Melanie Silvestrini is a Doctoral Dental student at Tufts which is a competitive program. Ashley and Melanie seem the most IMG of this batch with their STEM backgrounds.

Ashley Cunningham

Azia Hernandez

Melanie Silvestrini

I thought Melanie was absolutely stunning, and now that we know she has a résumé and a brain on her too I'm definitely rooting for her.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:05 pm

Malcanthet wrote:In regards to carpetbagging, Dani Walker on her Youtube channel did said the MUO DO NOT CARE where you are originally from and DO NOT GIVE A FLYING SHIT EVEN IF THE NATIVE CONTESTANTS WILL HATE YOUR GUTS as long as you meet the age, the personal (never married, pregnant, etc) and the THREE MONTH residency requirements.

She did also make a point that the Miss California USA is now way less competitive because so many of the contestants are heading out and trying their luck in other states. I can see in the near future less successful states like Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Oregon and Arizona are all invaded by Californians.

Texans on the other hand, I think have the most competitive of all the state pageants, but they seem to take pride in being Texans so they are less prone to state hop into nearby New Mexico, Colorado, Arkansas and Kansas,

Well then that's really unfortunate I think. If they're not gonna do anything about it then they're not gonna do anything about it, but what's even the point of having each state send a contestant if you don't care about actual residency. Just do what they do in some other countries and let every girl take part in a casting so they can personally select however many girls they want to compete. I just think it's ruining the tradition of American pageantry, and I can only see residency requirements becoming less and less strict as time goes on. Texas is definitely the hardest state to win in. Not only is it a gigantic state, but Texans do care about pageantry.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby itsrowdy801 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:16 am

Malcanthet wrote:In regards to carpetbagging, Dani Walker on her Youtube channel did said the MUO DO NOT CARE where you are originally from and DO NOT GIVE A FLYING SHIT EVEN IF THE NATIVE CONTESTANTS WILL HATE YOUR GUTS as long as you meet the age, the personal (never married, pregnant, etc) and the THREE MONTH residency requirements.

Well then that's really unfortunate I think. If they're not gonna do anything about it then they're not gonna do anything about it, but what's even the point of having each state send a contestant if you don't care about actual residency. Just do what they do in some other countries and let every girl take part in a casting so they can personally select however many girls they want to compete. I just think it's ruining the tradition of American pageantry, and I can only see residency requirements becoming less and less strict as time goes on. Texas is definitely the hardest state to win in. Not only is it a gigantic state, but Texans do care about pageantry.

You absolutely make a good point. Part of me agrees with you. The other part just really wants to see certain girls I've been following for years get a crown, especially if they're about to age out. That's why I was over the moon when Taelyr won Maryland, and why I'll be cheering for Stormy and Rayni soon.
itsrowdy801

Postby missfinlandia » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:15 pm

Virginia contestants up!

Competing also 2 former Miss Virginia Teen USA's Ann Kutyna and Susie Evans.

https://www.missvirginiausa.com/contestants/

District of Columbia contestants are up too! (Virginia/DC will have joint pageant this year at same venue and same weekend, held separately)

https://www.missdistrictofcolumbiausa.com/contestants/

missfinlandia

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:31 am

MISS VIRGINIA USA 2020 CONTESTANTS ARE UP

https://www.missvirginiausa.com/contestants/

The batch looks very strong here in Virginia. I was always surprised by Virginia's relative lack of success at Miss USA, considering its size and the fact it's a southern state which is where most pageant girls are from. Three of 2019's runners-up have returned: Nadgeena Jerome (1RU), Susie Evans (2RU), and Mary McGeorge (4RU), so expect them to be frontrunners. Susie is also the former Miss Virginia Teen USA 2011. Additionally, Ann Kutyna (Miss Virginia Teen USA 2015) is making her Miss division debut this year. Other 2019 returnees are former semifinalists Brianna Ruff and Davina Seoparsan. The majority of the batch seems to be newcomers, but many appear to be very promising. The other girls who stood out to me are MacKenzie Adamson, Katherine Benjamin, Jessalyn Hayes, Kailee Horvath, Chelsea Koryak, Swetha Kovvuri, Jeanna Mazaris, Lexi Ramsey, and Covyia Winters.

Nadgeena Jerome:

Susie Evans:

Ann Kutyna:
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:55 am

MISS DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA USA 2020 CONTESTANTS ARE UP

https://www.missdistrictofcolumbiausa.com/contestants/

Unfortunately the absolutely STUNNING Destani Huffman-Jefferson has opted not to return to the competition this year after two runner-up finishes :%(( ; she surely deserved that crown last year. Cierra Jackson (3RU 2019; Miss DC 2016) is the only returning runner-up, coming back after failing to make the top five in Miss Georgia USA this year; Cierra is a native Georgian who resides in DC. Other 2019 returnees are former semifinalists Shannon Lynch (former 2RU in 2015 and 2014; coming back after not making the top five in this year's Miss Washington USA), Shawna Melvin, Sasha Perea, Faith Porter, and Chelsie Stevens. Miss Earth United States 2018 Yashvi Aware has opted to make her Miss USA division debut this year. Another notable contestant is Alexis Becton (4RU 2016, semifinalist 2017). Some other girls who stood out to me are Maura Deegan, Lily Donaldson, Hadeel Ghaida, Jacinta Render, and Kelly Seibold.

Cierra Jackson:

Sasha Perea:

Faith Porter:

Yashvi Aware (private Insta):
Queen of the Clouds

Re: ROAD TO MISS USA 2020 // ARIZONA AND NEVADA THIS WEEKEND

Postby missfinlandia » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:35 pm

I think Destani is still the titleholder of Miss US Virgin Islands Supranational and I think she was competing in Poland when the DC concentration was in December. She could either be ineligible to compete because of her title or she could be a late last minute addition. I've noticed this year there has actually been many girls competing who weren't originally in contestant list. Latest is Ashley Bednarek in Oregon, she wasn't originally competing but was added yesterday. So let's hope Destani will be late addition or compete next year.

missfinlandia

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:03 pm

missfinlandia wrote:
I think Destani is still the titleholder of Miss US Virgin Islands Supranational and I think she was competing in Poland when the DC concentration was in December. She could either be ineligible to compete because of her title or she could be a late last minute addition. I've noticed this year there has actually been many girls competing who weren't originally in contestant list. Latest is Ashley Bednarek in Oregon, she wasn't originally competing but was added yesterday. So let's hope Destani will be late addition or compete next year.

I think the late additions is a Pageants Northwest thing. You mentioned Oregon and also Washington and Idaho had late additions, and those are all states directed by Pageants Northwest. They probably allow girls to sign up after publicizing the contestants list. I don't think it happened in any other states besides the Pageants Northwest states, so I don't have much hope for Destani competing this year. It's a real shame, because she would've had no real competition this year. I really hope she comes back next year, that girl is Miss USA caliber.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:23 pm

I love both of the girls Oklahoma crowned a lot. This state puts in so much effort and has such GORGEOUS queens, I don't know how Olivia Jordan is the ONLY national titleholder from Oklahoma. It makes no sense. I think both Miss Oklahoma and Oklahoma Teen will place at their respective pageants this year.

As for Arizona, when are they planning on releasing their contestants??? Not only is their website such a mess, it's three days before the pageant and still no word on which girls are competing. Arizona is a relatively big state with a lot of potential, but the way they organize themselves is just a mess. I hope Shana Moakler decides to expand her influence and buys Arizona soon, because the current owners are not doing Arizonans any favors.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby missfinlandia » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:07 am

Well here they are finally, Arizona contestants! Plenty of promising girls!

https://castingcrownsproductions.com/pr ... FDg5FD4D_w

missfinlandia

Postby itsrowdy801 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:37 am

missfinlandia wrote:
Well here they are finally, Arizona contestants! Plenty of promising girls!

https://castingcrownsproductions.com/pr ... FDg5FD4D_w

Samantha Landsman dropped my jaw (is she a newcomer? I don't remember her from anywhere). WOW. But all around a strong group, this is going to be a great couple shows this weekend
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:21 pm

MISS ARIZONA USA 2020 CONTESTANTS ARE UP

https://castingcrownsproductions.com/product-category/miss-arizona-usa-pageant/miss-contestants/?fbclid=IwAR3d6yYDp4zm9zmKAEvtfVUvCWHvBNtgMyc7zbhjKM8xwlTQFFDg5FD4D_w

Yesss, a good batch of girls here. But last year I thought Arizona was STUNNING and she flopped, so who knows what'll happen. This will definitely be a wide open contest, none of the 2019 runners-up or the 2019 top ten have returned. Returning girls from the 2019 top 23 are Annaka Bernardo, Shay Ravacchiolli, Yesenia Vidales, and Lea Zibeth. Alexa Zellers was 1RU in 2018, 4RU in Missouri 2017, and Miss Arizona Teen USA 2012, so she could be a frontrunner here. Isabel Ticlo is the former Miss Arizona 2018, while Candace Kanavel was 3RU in 2017 but only a semifinalist in 2018, and Taylor Rosenow was a semifinalist in 2016. The remainder of the girls could be statehoppers that I didn't recognize or are just newcomers; it seems like a very newcomer-heavy batch here. Some of these other girls that stood out to me are Samantha Landsman (absolutely stunning), Kelsey Kelleher, Payton Maxwell, Mireille Mukiza, Paige Giuliani, and Maxie Mendez.

Isabel Ticlo:

Candace Kanavel (she's a police officer, IMG will eat that up):

Samantha Landsman:

Payton Maxwell:

Mireille Mukiza (PhD student at Georgetown):

Alexa Zellers has a private Insta
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Brent_Fargall » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:45 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:
Malcanthet wrote:

[font=Georgia][i]

Agree! I’d actually push for a minimum three-year residency: short enough to establish intent of long-term domicile and short enough to imbibe the culture and ways of the state.
Brent_Fargall
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Brent
Date of Birth: 15 Jun 1988
Profession: Business owner
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hobbies/Interests: Swimming

Postby itsrowdy801 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:00 pm

Brent_Fargall wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
Malcanthet wrote:

[font=Georgia][i]

Agree! I’d actually push for a minimum three-year residency: short enough to establish intent of long-term domicile and short enough to imbibe the culture and ways of the state.

Three years seems highly excessive. I wouldn't be too terribly upset if they changed it to one year and cracking down on people using friends&relatives addresses per QoC's idea (I'd be a little miffed my favs wouldn't have extra chances to get a crown that I believe they deserve, but I'd get it), but a lot of people, especially young people, don't live anywhere for three years straight. They shouldn't be disqualified from competing anywhere because they move around a lot.
itsrowdy801

Postby KateW » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:39 pm

Queen of the Clouds wrote: I especially feel bad for the rural girls living in small communities in states like Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, the Dakotas, etc. This year at least Idaho and the Dakotas are represented by natives, but Montana and Wyoming are both Californian girls who carpetbagged. It's one thing carpetbagging to a state like Nevada which is metropolitan and full of people migrating from other places, but these small, rural states have almost entirely local populations whose families have lived there or in the general region for generations. There's already been controversy with Miss Montana USA being disliked by Montanans for apparently being ignorant to Montanan culture. Dani Walker carpetbagged to Montana too in 2017 after failing in California. I feel super bad for those local girls, they'll struggle a lot competing with well-trained, metropolitan, Californian models.

Not to mention that the contestants in the smaller states don't have as much access to the same pageant resources that California contestants do.

For whatever reason, it's the California contestants that are state hopping bigtime. It's one thing for them to flood the Southwest states, but another thing entirely to flood the Northwest states and the Midwest states. Surprisingly California contestants haven't flooded the smaller Northeast states like Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont.

As of now there are 8 contestants for Miss USA 2020 that are former California USA contestants: Colorado, Hawaii, Maryland, Montana, Tennessee, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming. There could be up to three more former California USA contestants competing at Miss USA 2020, as I recognized some on the contestant lists of upcoming state pageants: Arianna Lemus, Victoria Olona, and Savannah Schecter in Nevada; Brooklyn Lowery and Katerina Villegas in Oregon; Cecilia Rodriguez in Arizona. I'm also expecting some former California USA contestants to show up at Utah USA in two weeks. To think that Miss USA 2020 could have 12 out 51 contestants being former California USA contestants, that's essentially a quarter of the contestants.
KateW
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1980
Profession: Banking
Hobbies/Interests: Travel

Postby wanderlustwoman » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:32 am

Allie Gonzalez launched her podcast this week and addressed state-hopping
https://open.spotify.com/episode/6d5wIDoGgKNlRd0alJmrBW

Here's Dani Walker's take, as mentioned above
[youtube]wck9HFg9Qig[/youtube]

I like that both talk about doing whatever it takes to make your dream come true and that Dani kept it real by saying MUO doesn't care. I mean, look at how many of the Miss Universe delegates had ties to the US! I also liked that Allie advised that girls do their research and become well aware of their new state's culture.
wanderlustwoman

Date of Birth: 18 Oct 1991
Profession: Hostess
Chinese Zodiac: Goat
Hobbies/Interests: travel, cooking, cats, anti-MLM

PreviousNext

Return to Miss Universe