MISS USA 2020 // MISSISSIPPI IS MISS USA 2020 // MAJOR NEWS

Re: ROAD TO MISS USA 2020 // WHO'S YOUR EARLY TOP 15?

Postby The Duchess » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:11 am

Trump signed an executive order to suspend a bunch of work visas, even essencial jobs ect. I may not like Zozibini, but I wouldn't be surprised if this POS would try to scorn the MUO

The Duchess
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 01 Sep 1995
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Costume Design
Hobbies/Interests: Arts, Music, Literature

Postby Jonathan Nguyen » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:56 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:
Jonathan Nguyen wrote:How the hell Trump has had public rallies and we are still not sure about having Miss USA 2020.

Stooping to the level of Trump supporters isn't necessarily the best course of action at all. If I were to do everything Trump supporters do, I'd be a horrible individual lmao.

That said, I do think the fact that the protests going on right now (outdoors and masked) haven't really caused much of a spread in cases, which MIGHT be a sign that it may be safe to have an outdoor pageant with a masked audience. Of course, the protests are a lot more important to a lot more people, but the fact that transmission at protests isn't that common does give me hope that Miss USA can go on with certain preventative measures in place.

Just to be clear. I’m not mad for not having Miss USA 2020. I’m mad because of Trump’s public rallies amid Covid-19. We are not safe enough to hold a large public event unless we have vaccines. Not to mention, pageants are irrelevant to American people and Miss USA is one of the last things that American people care about during this period. It’s not worth for IMG and MUO to try to push it through. The backlash and criticisms can be nasty. I’m completely losing hope for Miss USA 2020. Let’s just hold Miss Universe 2020 in a country where Covid-19 is truly under control (Vietnam is the best choice) and appoint Allie as Miss USA 2020.

Jonathan Nguyen
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Real Life Name/Nick: Jonathan Nguyen
Date of Birth: 10 Aug 1997
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Software Developer
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Miss Universe and Miss World

Postby itsrowdy801 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:41 am

Juan Sebastian wrote:I am almost 100% sure USA will win Miss Universe this year, Olivia Culpo style like 2012. Because of the current situation I’m expecting another quick low budget pageant and they’ll invest a lot into her like they did with Olivia.

I also think she will for sure be Black because of the Black Lives Matter movement, only white girl who has a shot is Utah because she is LGBTQ+

I need to read more about the Black candidates because I’m sure one of them is Miss Universe 2020, sure of it

I just don't agree with the theory people keep pushing that pageants are rigged to be won by a certain race. I think there are plenty of black contestants who can win on their own merits, and there are plenty of non-black contestants that would also be a wonderful Miss USA or Miss Universe. We should be working on uniting people, not going around spreading the rhetoric that "Miss USA is rigged so only black girls can win!!"
itsrowdy801
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Rowdy
Date of Birth: 21 Aug 1994
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Customer Service @ Travel Startup
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants, Comedy, Politics

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:50 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:
Juan Sebastian wrote:I am almost 100% sure USA will win Miss Universe this year, Olivia Culpo style like 2012. Because of the current situation I’m expecting another quick low budget pageant and they’ll invest a lot into her like they did with Olivia.

I also think she will for sure be Black because of the Black Lives Matter movement, only white girl who has a shot is Utah because she is LGBTQ+

I need to read more about the Black candidates because I’m sure one of them is Miss Universe 2020, sure of it

I just don't agree with the theory people keep pushing that pageants are rigged to be won by a certain race. I think there are plenty of black contestants who can win on their own merits, and there are plenty of non-black contestants that would also be a wonderful Miss USA or Miss Universe. We should be working on uniting people, not going around spreading the rhetoric that "Miss USA is rigged so only black girls can win!!"

I agree. Cheslie, Zozi, and Kaliegh were all the strongest performers in their pageants. They aced their final questions and clearly beat their competitors. If none of the black girls can do that this year, they will not win; if they can do that, maybe they will.
Queen of the Clouds

Date of Birth: 18 Mar 1996
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Lawyer
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Hobbies/Interests: Fashion, music, film, politics, and parties

Postby Juan Sebastian » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:32 pm

Queen of the Clouds wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:

I agree. Cheslie, Zozi, and Kaliegh were all the strongest performers in their pageants. They aced their final questions and clearly beat their competitors. If none of the black girls can do that this year, they will not win; if they can do that, maybe they will.

I don't agree with it either to an extent because I think all 3 winners this year really deserved it. HOWEVER, the MUO has been known to capitalize on current events in recent years to come off as progressive and they also have target audiences. In the Trump era it was Latin America, but that doesn't mean none of the Latina winners didn't deserve it!!!!! IMG's target audience is the Black community and some Asian countries like Philippines and Thailand.
[youtube]Dq_uy1qcO-k[/youtube][youtube]5hXShNmEc44[/youtube][youtube]tQbbdvmyjS8[/youtube]
Juan Sebastian

Real Life Name/Nick: Juan Sebastian
Date of Birth: 06 Apr 1990
Profession: Pharmacist
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: music, gambling & miss universe
Message: Like give it up at this point. It's me, I win, you lose hahahahaha

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:44 pm

Juan Sebastian wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:

I don't agree with it either to an extent because I think all 3 winners this year really deserved it. HOWEVER, the MUO has been known to capitalize on current events in recent years to come off as progressive and they also have target audiences. In the Trump era it was Latin America, but that doesn't mean none of the Latina winners didn't deserve it!!!!! IMG's target audience is the Black community and some Asian countries like Philippines and Thailand.

I see what you're saying. I feel like a lot of this pro-black pandering (ie: The Bachelor) is coming from franchises that feel they need to prove themselves to the black community. The Bachelor has been on for 18 years, and they've never had a black male lead. Miss USA has nothing to prove though. Of the last four titleholders, three have been black, this past year all major American pageant titleholders were black, and then the three MUO queens were black too; they have already proven themselves to be allies and promote representation. If one of the black girls performs like Cheslie did last year, I'm sure she will win. But I don't think they're going to force anything if a non-black girl blows the others out of the water or the black girls are not title-worthy.

Also, we don't even know when Miss USA will be held, it seems November 2020 will be the earliest time possible, and who knows if we'll have moved on to some other issue by then. Especially if it can't be held in November and it gets pushed back to next year, as sad as it is, for corporations the BLM movement is nothing but a trend, and if society has moved past putting it at the forefront, these businesses are not gonna care about it anymore.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby The Duchess » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:59 pm

I agree with both, I never said Zozibini and Chesly didn't perform the best in their specific pageants and formats. But I think it has been bery obvious for decades, and specially under IMG that they do like to capitalize on certain groups. To me thats what ticks off most people, the fact that it feels like certain girls wont stand a chance no matter what they do.

I think black and brown girls have a very big chance in MUSA by merit alone, but lets just say I don't expect a blond winning any time soon either. Same way that half way through rewatching Miss Universe I knew the american press would have field day if certain girls won and others didnt. Specially this year. The last one was Sarah... and we know how fantastic she was hahahaha.
The Duchess

Postby itsrowdy801 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:52 am

Juan Sebastian wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:

Yeah, MUO does often capitalize on current events - it's what prompted me to push Idaho up into my winners spot (although she was always top 3) due to her public health background in the context of the pandemic. But QotC is right, who knows what the issue-of-the-moment will be come pageant time because lets be real, this year is one shitshow after another.
itsrowdy801

Postby itsrowdy801 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:36 pm

Rearranged my list ! Top 3 remains the same, but I've got some new additions

1. Idaho
2. Connecticut
3. Utah
4. New Jersey (New Addition - Her platform of sharing her story as a survivor of domestic violence is so important and I admire her courage greatly. Texas does have a similar platform too, but I think Gina is overall a stronger delegate right now)
5. New York
6. Illinois
7. Tennessee
8. Mississippi
9. Pennsylvania (New Addition - I'm loving her styling lately, and she does fit the #GirlBoss narrative as a business owner. I also think that Proctor's aquisition of PA rights is gonna be a factor too, they do have a really great team)
10. Maryland
11. Hawaii
12.Texas
13. Wyoming
14. Wisconsin (New Addition - Consider me converted - Gabriella has totally transformed from one of the weaker delegates to a very strong contender. That's hard to do, and she's been slaying it in my book. If she continues this upward trajectory, she can go even higher)
15. Ohio
itsrowdy801

Postby missfinlandia » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:38 pm

The headshots are up. So I guess there will be a pageant after all.

https://www.missuniverse.com/missusa/contestants

missfinlandia

Real Life Name/Nick: MissSuomi
Date of Birth: 29 Nov 1913
Profession: This and that
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Hobbies/Interests: Shopping

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:55 pm

missfinlandia wrote:
The headshots are up. So I guess there will be a pageant after all.

https://www.missuniverse.com/missusa/contestants

Oooh that's actually a big deal. The MUO website always runs horribly on my laptop so it's so hard to go through the headshots without things lagging so much, but I'm attempting to now!
Queen of the Clouds

Re: ROAD TO MISS USA 2020 // HEADSHOTS + BIOS ARE UP

Postby The Duchess » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:55 pm

Seeing how countries are doing virtual pageants (Ew but you know, it is what it is) and seeing how Miss Universe Puerto Rico has "very important announcements" coming on the 21st (lots of rumors, but nothing definite) and the president wanting the country to go back to normal (even to the point of threating schools that don't open) I think the Miss USA will try to be between November-January.

Honestly I hope that my organization just appoints either Estefania (She is living in Holland and is either close to reaching the age cap or reached it so we don't know if she qualifies) or Fabiola (much better choice honestly). They should just move the 2020 batch to 2021, the girls will not even be able to get all the training they get before the final night of MUPR. Do I like Estefania? No, her nose is a big issue and her manager tried to sabotage Madison the whole time even in Atlanta. But she is the first runner up and honestly IMG puts backstories and comm skills above everything else and Estefania had honestly the best one in those areas.
The Duchess

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:26 am

The Duchess wrote:Seeing how countries are doing virtual pageants (Ew but you know, it is what it is) and seeing how Miss Universe Puerto Rico has "very important announcements" coming on the 21st (lots of rumors, but nothing definite) and the president wanting the country to go back to normal (even to the point of threating schools that don't open) I think the Miss USA will try to be between November-January.

Honestly I hope that my organization just appoints either Estefania (She is living in Holland and is either close to reaching the age cap or reached it so we don't know if she qualifies) or Fabiola (much better choice honestly). They should just move the 2020 batch to 2021, the girls will not even be able to get all the training they get before the final night of MUPR. Do I like Estefania? No, her nose is a big issue and her manager tried to sabotage Madison the whole time even in Atlanta. But she is the first runner up and honestly IMG puts backstories and comm skills above everything else and Estefania had honestly the best one in those areas.

I see several possible options at this point

1) They just move everything to next year. Announce there will be no Miss Universe 2020, allow all selected national delegates to compete in their respective national pageants next year (adjusting age limits accordingly) and invite the handful of already-crowned national queens to compete at Miss Universe 2021. This is the best option BUT I don't think they're going to do this. The fact they've posted the Miss USA delegates headshots seems to suggest they're moving forward.

2) A virtual pageant. I don't think anyone's fond of this idea but it could happen.

3) Hosting the pageant without an audience, testing all contestants and staff before arrivals, and keeping contestants to themselves for the entirety of pageant week(s). Just rehearsals, no sightseeing and plugging the host city. This has its downsides (boring as hell for the contestants, no audience cheering them on, and the organization probably won't get the lucrative hosting fees from whichever city hosts)

4) Hosting it in a relatively normal manner. Sure, there might be some changes (perhaps in an outdoor arena, requiring social distancing and masks amongst audience members, etc.) in some state/city that is open for business. I think most of us here would agree this would be a dangerous move, as well as bad PR for the organization, but my gut is telling me that this is what's going to happen.

I don't think that Miss USA is going to appoint Allie, I never expected them too and I think people just got excited since a few small, relatively unsuccessful countries did that.

I don't follow PR closely, but I'm definitely interested in hearing what their announcement is. Puerto Rico has a tremendous pageant culture, if they go virtual or appoint last year's 1RU, than pretty much anyone can.
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:21 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:
The Duchess wrote:Seeing how countries are doing virtual pageants (Ew but you know, it is what it is) and seeing how Miss Universe Puerto Rico has "very important announcements" coming on the 21st (lots of rumors, but nothing definite) and the president wanting the country to go back to normal (even to the point of threating schools that don't open) I think the Miss USA will try to be between November-January.

1) They just move everything to next year. Announce there will be no Miss Universe 2020, allow all selected national delegates to compete in their respective national pageants next year (adjusting age limits accordingly) and invite the handful of already-crowned national queens to compete at Miss Universe 2021. This is the best option BUT I don't think they're going to do this. The fact they've posted the Miss USA delegates headshots seems to suggest they're moving forward.

2) A virtual pageant. I don't think anyone's fond of this idea but it could happen.

3) Hosting the pageant without an audience, testing all contestants and staff before arrivals, and keeping contestants to themselves for the entirety of pageant week(s). Just rehearsals, no sightseeing and plugging the host city. This has its downsides (boring as hell for the contestants, no audience cheering them on, and the organization probably won't get the lucrative hosting fees from whichever city hosts)

4) Hosting it in a relatively normal manner. Sure, there might be some changes (perhaps in an outdoor arena, requiring social distancing and masks amongst audience members, etc.) in some state/city that is open for business. I think most of us here would agree this would be a dangerous move, as well as bad PR for the organization, but my gut is telling me that this is what's going to happen.

I don't think that Miss USA is going to appoint Allie, I never expected them too and I think people just got excited since a few small, relatively unsuccessful countries did that.

I don't follow PR closely, but I'm definitely interested in hearing what their announcement is. Puerto Rico has a tremendous pageant culture, if they go virtual or appoint last year's 1RU, than pretty much anyone can.

I'm trying to analyze which of your proposed options seems the most likely, but I just can't tell. I agree that them uploading the headshots and bios makes it seem like they're planning on moving forward. Maybe this was just wishful thinking on their part? I don't know, but it'd be odd for them to upload everything if they weren't planning on holding the competition soon.

I'm leaning towards thinking your second and third guesses are the most likely. I just don't think it is feasible at all to have an in-person competition with an audience, even if they social distance and wear masks. That would just be totally reckless and an unpopular decision. Remember how hard the MUO has tried to distance itself from Trump since he went into politics, I'd doubt they'd take such a clearly pro-Trump approach to the pandemic knowing that.

Seeing that virtual pageants can be held successfully, I don't think that's as unlikely as it would have been a couple months ago. Many competition TV series have continued their filming virtually, like American Idol and America's Got Talent, so while I think it'd be harder to do a pageant virtually since there could be some biases being formed based on which girls have the best makeup/hair skills (I assume they'd have to do it themselves, or at the least will be using different teams for it?), and who has the nicest backdrops/filming quality/etc. But still, it can be done and it is possible. I think it'd be disappointing, but above all, I'd be happy that we're even getting a pageant.

I think that the in-person no-audience competition would be the most satisfying outcome. We can still get a (mostly) traditional Miss USA experience, and we won't be worrying (as much) about everyone's safety. I think the concerns you brought up are definitely the biggest barriers though. At this point we're used to extremely minimal sightseeing in the host city, but host cities expect something at the very least. With this, the host city would essentially be getting no promo except for a "Live from x!" at the beginning of the show. I don't know if any city would spend money for that. Unless the MUO can figure out to hold it on a venue that they own, we'd be getting a competition with an even smaller budget than we're used to. Get ready to stay at the local Holiday Inn girls!
Queen of the Clouds

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:42 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:

I'm trying to analyze which of your proposed options seems the most likely, but I just can't tell. I agree that them uploading the headshots and bios makes it seem like they're planning on moving forward. Maybe this was just wishful thinking on their part? I don't know, but it'd be odd for them to upload everything if they weren't planning on holding the competition soon.

I'm leaning towards thinking your second and third guesses are the most likely. I just don't think it is feasible at all to have an in-person competition with an audience, even if they social distance and wear masks. That would just be totally reckless and an unpopular decision. Remember how hard the MUO has tried to distance itself from Trump since he went into politics, I'd doubt they'd take such a clearly pro-Trump approach to the pandemic knowing that.

Seeing that virtual pageants can be held successfully, I don't think that's as unlikely as it would have been a couple months ago. Many competition TV series have continued their filming virtually, like American Idol and America's Got Talent, so while I think it'd be harder to do a pageant virtually since there could be some biases being formed based on which girls have the best makeup/hair skills (I assume they'd have to do it themselves, or at the least will be using different teams for it?), and who has the nicest backdrops/filming quality/etc. But still, it can be done and it is possible. I think it'd be disappointing, but above all, I'd be happy that we're even getting a pageant.

I think that the in-person no-audience competition would be the most satisfying outcome. We can still get a (mostly) traditional Miss USA experience, and we won't be worrying (as much) about everyone's safety. I think the concerns you brought up are definitely the biggest barriers though. At this point we're used to extremely minimal sightseeing in the host city, but host cities expect something at the very least. With this, the host city would essentially be getting no promo except for a "Live from x!" at the beginning of the show. I don't know if any city would spend money for that. Unless the MUO can figure out to hold it on a venue that they own, we'd be getting a competition with an even smaller budget than we're used to. Get ready to stay at the local Holiday Inn girls!

One thing that worries me, and I'm not sure if I'm overthinking it, is if FOX (which needless to say is in bed with Trump and has pushed the fantasy that we need life back to normal since day one) pushes the organization to host the pageant live with an audience. I'm not sure how much say the broadcasting network has in such matters, but it could happen. I hope not though, obviously safety comes first and foremost to me, but I guess I don't trust any company anymore not to put money first and foremost - this whole ordeal has really made me lose faith in so much, maybe I'm just pessimistic after four months of this hell though?
itsrowdy801

Postby The Duchess » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:04 pm

FOX will probably force a 2020 pageant in 2020 theres always been a rumor over here that FOX rushed the MUO to pick a host for MU2019 because they don't like the idea of doing pageants the wrong year. And like you guys said, FOX is in Trump's pocket.

Honestly, I am so dissapointed at how things are turning out with COVID that I wouldnt be surprised
The Duchess

Postby The.Apprentice » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:55 pm

Why bother looking at headshots when they will pick the girl whose resume will fit whatever MUO feels trendy? I mean, the past 4 winners have been average and mediocre.
However though, they might want to pick up a girl who can win Miss Universe next year so it can increase TV ratings and trigger ads.
The.Apprentice

Date of Birth: 13 May 1990
Profession: Engineer
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry

Postby The Duchess » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:28 am

The.Apprentice wrote:Why bother looking at headshots when they will pick the girl whose resume will fit whatever MUO feels trendy? I mean, the past 4 winners have been average and mediocre.
However though, they might want to pick up a girl who can win Miss Universe next year so it can increase TV ratings and trigger ads.

Honestly I don't even care. It sounds awful but yeah, from now on I want my country to pick the best combination of beauty + brains + personality regardless of her backstory; I don't even expect to win anymore. I would crown Madison again and again, even if there were girls with better backstories. I love some girls from Miss USA but I already they probably won't win because they lack the backstory they need.
The Duchess

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:47 am

The Duchess wrote:
The.Apprentice wrote:Why bother looking at headshots when they will pick the girl whose resume will fit whatever MUO feels trendy? I mean, the past 4 winners have been average and mediocre.

Honestly I don't even care. It sounds awful but yeah, from now on I want my country to pick the best combination of beauty + brains + personality regardless of her backstory; I don't even expect to win anymore. I would crown Madison again and again, even if there were girls with better backstories. I love some girls from Miss USA but I already they probably won't win because they lack the backstory they need.

It's completely disingenuous to say that there's no balance in this batch. Look at my top 5 favorites - Idaho (an Ivy-league educated veterinarian to be who spent her education learning about public health and pandemics with animal origins); Connecticut (has already established an incredibly impressive career working for a non-profit working to create better opportunities for developmentally disabled children & adults); Utah (the first openly LGBT representative at Miss USA who has shown incredible vulnerability and courage sharing her own stories on her struggles with mental health and work to help others living with the same); Illinois (a Northwestern-educated biochemist who seeks to create opportunities for women & girls in STEM fields); and New Jersey (has shown immense courage sharing her own story as a survivor of domestic violence and hopes to assist others who are living through similar situations and inspire real change in people's lives).

These women are all absolutely stunning too. They're the total package. So are many more of them, it's hard to keep that list to five or even fifteen and I could go on all day. Do I think that someone who is pretty but not a good speaker/doesn't have much personality/doesn't have an inspiring backstory or impressive career credentials is going to win this year? No, I don't think so. Miss USA is about more than just being beautiful. And let's not pretend that there haven't been some awesome Miss USAs lately. I really love Cheslie & Deshauna, and while Sarah & Kara aren't amongst my favorite Miss USAs, I still get why they won. I feel like I've absolutely said this before but it really grinds my gears every time. I have no reason to believe that the next Miss USA won't be awesome too.
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:25 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:
The Duchess wrote:

It's completely disingenuous to say that there's no balance in this batch. Look at my top 5 favorites - Idaho (an Ivy-league educated veterinarian to be who spent her education learning about public health and pandemics with animal origins); Connecticut (has already established an incredibly impressive career working for a non-profit working to create better opportunities for developmentally disabled children & adults); Utah (the first openly LGBT representative at Miss USA who has shown incredible vulnerability and courage sharing her own stories on her struggles with mental health and work to help others living with the same); Illinois (a Northwestern-educated biochemist who seeks to create opportunities for women & girls in STEM fields); and New Jersey (has shown immense courage sharing her own story as a survivor of domestic violence and hopes to assist others who are living through similar situations and inspire real change in people's lives).

These women are all absolutely stunning too. They're the total package. So are many more of them, it's hard to keep that list to five or even fifteen and I could go on all day. Do I think that someone who is pretty but not a good speaker/doesn't have much personality/doesn't have an inspiring backstory or impressive career credentials is going to win this year? No, I don't think so. Miss USA is about more than just being beautiful. And let's not pretend that there haven't been some awesome Miss USAs lately. I really love Cheslie & Deshauna, and while Sarah & Kara aren't amongst my favorite Miss USAs, I still get why they won. I feel like I've absolutely said this before but it really grinds my gears every time. I have no reason to believe that the next Miss USA won't be awesome too.

This. :=p
Queen of the Clouds

Postby The.Apprentice » Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:28 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:
The Duchess wrote:

And let's not pretend that there haven't been some awesome Miss USAs lately. .

Said no one over. There haven't been awesome Miss USAs lately and those are facts.
The.Apprentice

Date of Birth: 13 May 1990
Profession: Engineer
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:13 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:
The Duchess wrote:

QotC have you rearranged your top 15 at all in the last few months? I always look forward to your takes here >=p
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:33 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
The Duchess wrote:

QotC have you rearranged your top 15 at all in the last few months? I always look forward to your takes here >=p

Unfortunately I haven't been putting as much attention towards Miss USA recently, so I don't think I have any major changes. I can assure you though that Idaho is still my winner and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Once the MUO finally gives us some details on what's happening I'll probably delve back into everything, but until then Miss USA is falling behind my other interests because I can't just keep waiting around for something to happen with no idea of when it's actually going to. The competition should have been held 2 months ago by now and we still have no idea what the MUO is actually considering.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Jonathan Nguyen » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:19 pm

If they upload headshots and bios, there will be a pageant i think. Hope they know what they are doing and keep everyone safe. No to virtual pageant. The girls deserve better than a virtual Miss USA edition.

Jonathan Nguyen

Real Life Name/Nick: Jonathan Nguyen
Date of Birth: 10 Aug 1997
Profession: Software Developer
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Miss Universe and Miss World

Postby ManMeat » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:05 pm

I want to know how’s they’ll gonna hold the pageant
If it’s gonna be a virtual pageant, maybe Miss USA is okay cuz it’s the US national pageant

But Miss Universe?
Zozibini stuck in NYC aka most unfortunate Miss Universe you’ve ever witnessed
How would future Miss Universe winner fulfill her reign? [youtube][/youtube]
Will MUO make her stuck NYC just like Zozibini?

I have no idea.
Only a few things that Zozibini could do are post IG and interviews former contestants

Like, “You are the Miss Universe 2020 winner! Wear the face masks, get your airplane tickets, come and stuck in NYC, post IG and interview some former contestants and winners”

Btw, RPDR virtual grand finale was very new, lucky but unfortunate

Virtual pageant sounds like nightmare, more horrible than competition show

[youtube]J-0vug5TSNY[/youtube]

Like this! :-O
ManMeat
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.

Date of Birth: 27 Mar 1989
Profession: I'm better than you
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: I'm gonna mention your dirty ass double standards

Postby The Duchess » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:42 pm

I didn't say this batch has no balance at all for you to call me disingenious, but whatever.
The Duchess

Postby The Duchess » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:05 pm

Denise said the MUO/IMG is trying to make the pageant in the winter, at the latest February
The Duchess

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:34 am

Just happened to go through Cheslie's Insta and I really don't understand the hate this girl gets. She's so beautiful and she's got a good head on her shoulders too. She was a great titleholder for us. I also love the new middle part style she's been going for lately.

Queen of the Clouds

Postby pippo93 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:11 am

Queen of the Clouds wrote:Just happened to go through Cheslie's Insta and I really don't understand the hate this girl gets. She's so beautiful and she's got a good head on her shoulders too. She was a great titleholder for us. I also love the new middle part style she's been going for lately.

CHESLIE IS THE BEST TITLEHOLDER SINCE OLIVIA JORDAN, AND IS ONE OF THE BEST MISS USA EVER! WHO HATES HER ARE PEOPLE STILL STUCK IN THE TRUMP ERA STANDARDS! YES, SHE IS NOT THE MOST BEAUTIFUL FACIALLY, BUT WHEN SHE COMPETED IN MISS USA AND SHE WALKED IN THAT STUNNING WHITE EVENING GOWN WITH THAT AWESOME HAIR, SHE EATED ALIVE ALL HER COMPETITORS.
AND HER ANSWERS WERE BOTH PERFECT. AND THROUGH HER REIGN I LOVE ALL HER STYLE! I CAN EASILY SAY THAT SHE IS ONE OF THE MOST INTELLIGENT AND STYLISH MISS USA EVER
pippo93

Date of Birth: 29 Sep 1993
Profession: Medical Doctor, Resident in Nephrology
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Chinese Zodiac: Rooster
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty Pageants

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:10 am

pippo93 wrote:
Queen of the Clouds wrote:Just happened to go through Cheslie's Insta and I really don't understand the hate this girl gets. She's so beautiful and she's got a good head on her shoulders too. She was a great titleholder for us. I also love the new middle part style she's been going for lately.

CHESLIE IS THE BEST TITLEHOLDER SINCE OLIVIA JORDAN, AND IS ONE OF THE BEST MISS USA EVER! WHO HATES HER ARE PEOPLE STILL STUCK IN THE TRUMP ERA STANDARDS! YES, SHE IS NOT THE MOST BEAUTIFUL FACIALLY, BUT WHEN SHE COMPETED IN MISS USA AND SHE WALKED IN THAT STUNNING WHITE EVENING GOWN WITH THAT AWESOME HAIR, SHE EATED ALIVE ALL HER COMPETITORS.
AND HER ANSWERS WERE BOTH PERFECT. AND THROUGH HER REIGN I LOVE ALL HER STYLE! I CAN EASILY SAY THAT SHE IS ONE OF THE MOST INTELLIGENT AND STYLISH MISS USA EVER

Yessss, I've thoroughly enjoyed Cheslie's reign - I'll admit that it took me a little bit to warm up to her but once I had, I was all about Cheslie and whomever Miss USA 2020 is has some big shoes to fill. She is gorgeous and an accomplished attorney who did pro bono work for the wrongfully convicted - what's not to love?

Unrelated but I saw a comment on one of Dani Walker's videos saying Miss USA will be in the autumn in NYC with no audience - anyone else hear those rumors elsewhere? I'd love to believe that they decided on no audience and have a date and location in mind, but I'm not sure if I trust a rando in the YouTube comments
itsrowdy801

PreviousNext

Return to Miss Universe