MISS USA 2020 // MISSISSIPPI IS MISS USA 2020 // MAJOR NEWS

Re: ROAD TO MISS USA 2020 // KENTUCKY THIS WEEKEND (LAST STA

Postby JoelR » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:02 pm

kurtij wrote:
NEW MEXICO LOOKS LIKE DOM REP UNIVERSE 2008.

More like Miss Dominican Republic 2012 (The one that was dethroned)

JoelR
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.

Date of Birth: 21 May 1994
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: culinary arts
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Painting

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:55 am

Aaaahhh all the states are done! It has been such a fun journey! After Queen Beauty next weekend I'm going to be in some serious pageant withdrawals until Miss USA but it has been a blast! Anyway, here's my early Top 15, I fully expect this list to change over time, but here goes, and I'm looking forward to seeing y'alls too!

Here they are, in order.

1. Utah - Rachel's my winner. I'm not being a homer, she's not just the best Miss Utah USA we've ever had in my lifetime, she might very well be my favorite contestant at Miss USA of all time. She is so open and honest about her mental health and bipolar disorder, has given a Ted talk, she’s absolutely hilarious (I think she does standup occasionally and even without seeing that, her Instagram and Youtube is a riot), and she’s the first LGBT representative at Miss USA which is a huge milestone. I love everything about her. Beauty, brains, honesty, humor, kindness. She IS Miss USA.

2. Idaho - It's so close, but I have to put Kim second. I love Kim to PIECES and she was my frontrunner up for a long time, but Rachel has the edge for me. But Kim is absolutely stunning, Ivy-league educated, studying to become a vet, absolutely the whole package. I could easily see Kim winning it all. Beautiful and brilliant.

3. Maryland - I have made no secret here of the fact that I love Taelyr and have admired her for years, and I'm thrilled she finally got a crown. I was a little worried at first that she wouldn't have enough depth to her to really be a frontrunner, but her platform of sharing her experiences as an ACOA and related advocacies is something we haven't heard about much at Miss USA and I think those are important conversations to have.

4. Connecticut - Chelsea is breathtakingly gorgeous, works in non-profit and has made a career of helping others and giving back, has a wonderful message. Something about her just makes me smile every time we hear from her, she EMINATES positivity. I’ve had my eye on her since before she was crowned, and I can tell she’s gonna do great.

5. New York - Andreia is absolutely stunning and has such a unique, gorgeous, doll-like look. Though I don't know a ton about her platform yet, I know she is stellar at public speaking, plus Phoenix Magazine named her one of their "30 Under 30" for her philanthropic work, which is an incredible accomplishment. I just have a gut feeling she's going to do very well, and she deserves to.

----

6. Nebraska – I can tell that Megan is going to have a very seamless transition from MAO to MUO. She’s the CEO of a woman’s empowerment organization which is both impressive and important. I think she’s one of the better delegates that Nebraska has sent and I’m excited to see more from her.

7. Wyoming – Katie is absolutely STUNNING, a jaw-dropping beauty. She’s also studying to be an optometrist, so she’s a smart cookie and medical professionals tend to be up IMG's alley. She might be a little TOO model-y for IMG, but I don't think so.

8. Ohio – Sthephanie is so likeable and spunky on her Youtube channel and is a great speaker at least in front of her own camera, gorgeous, and I’m really liking what we’re seeing from her. She has national pageant experience through Miss International US and that’s valuable.

9. Hawaii – This girl SLAYS. Samantha was undeniably not just the standout at Miss Hawaii USA 2020, but perhaps one of the strongest performances this whole cycle, and is one of the most experienced pageant veterans in the competition and that’s sure to carry her far. Counterpoint, she doesn’t seem as of right now that she has the strongest resume in the world, but I know she is an impeccable performer and has a good head on her shoulders.

10. Georgia – She didn't wow me when she was crowned, but her styling since she's been crowned has been on point and she's risen in the ranks to one of my favorites. Her tenacity of rolling with the punches after her injury in her dance career is definitely admirable.

11. South Dakota – I realize this is an unpopular pick here since a lot of y’all aren’t into her, but I think Kalani is gorgeous and I get a gut feeling she’ll be a pleasant surprise at Miss USA. Something about her is just refreshing. Plus, she owns her own hair salon so has the #GirlBoss thing down and, after hearing that hashtag quite a few times in state pageants, I think that might be a common focus this year and I wouldn’t be surprised if they crowned an entrepreneur of some sort at the end of the day.

12. Michigan – I had to suck up my personal biases to put her on my list, because while I may not personally be fond of cops, IMG is going to love that. She has that unique career as a probation officer that will make her stand out, and she’s very pretty.

13. Mississippi – Asya is the cutest thing, maybe too cute and teenish (although after Iceland’s success at Miss Universe that’s not necessarily a dealbreaker anymore), but she’s gorgeous and broke a big milestone as the first black Miss Mississippi USA, and she has great advocacy for children of incarcerated parents which I don't think is something that’s been talked about before in this arena.

14. South Carolina – I think I’d be stupid not to pick at least one RPM girl in my Top 15 predictions because they are such a strong and consistently successful directorship, and Hannah’s my favorite of the four.

15. Texas – My last spot goes to Taylor. There are a few that were on the bubble here (I wrestled with putting Arkansas or New Jersey here), but I’ll give the edge to Texas due to her international pageantry experience with MGI. She’s undeniably a stunner but I just don’t think she’s what IMG has in mind.
itsrowdy801
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Rowdy
Date of Birth: 21 Aug 1994
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Customer Service @ Travel Startup
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants, Comedy, Politics

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:16 am

MISS KENTUCKY USA 2020 IS LEXIE ILES

This was Lexie's fourth time competing in Miss Kentucky USA. She previously was the 1RU in 2019, non-finalist in 2018, and a semifinalist in 2017. Lexie works as an accountant (just like Allie Gonzalez does).

Full results:
Miss Kentucky USA 2020: Lexie Iles
1RU: Michaela Arnold
2RU: Rayni Lasley
3RU: Lizzy Neutz
4RU: Kayelin Tiggs

Top 16:
Amber Allen
Anne Baldridge
Hannah Johnson
Jordan Crozier
Meredith Ellis
Parker Deppen
Ramya Kondaveeti
Rebecca Cook
Taylor Flake
Veronica Chisholm
Yulia Perevozchikova

I think that was a relatively good choice for Kentucky. Lexie was not the most stunning contestant, but she is obviously very cute and is stronger than some of the girls competing at Miss USA already. What's important is that she has a legitimate and well respected job, which will definitely earn her points with IMG. I don't see her as a frontrunner who'll steal the show, but I will not be surprised at all if she nabs a placement. Every year, this is the kind of girl who steals spots in the semifinals away from the bombshells who focus on appearance rather than résumé, but then don't make it to the top five. I can really see that being the case with Lexie. Being from Kentucky, that would be a very good result for the state, cheers.
Last edited by Queen of the Clouds on Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Queen of the Clouds
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 18 Mar 1996
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Lawyer
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Hobbies/Interests: Fashion, music, film, politics, and parties

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:21 am

Queen of the Clouds wrote:MISS KENTUCKY USA 2020 IS LEXIE ISLES

This was Lexie's fourth time competing in Miss Kentucky USA. She previously was the 1RU in 2019, non-finalist in 2018, and a semifinalist in 2017. Lexie works as an accountant (just like Allie Gonzalez does).

Full results:
Miss Kentucky USA 2020: Lexie Isles

Top 16:
Amber Allen
Anne Baldridge
Hannah Johnson
Jordan Crozier
Meredith Ellis
Parker Deppen
Ramya Kondaveeti
Rebecca Cook
Taylor Flake
Veronica Chisholm
Yulia Perevozchikova

I think that was a relatively good choice for Kentucky. Lexie was not the most stunning contestant, but she is obviously very cute and is stronger than some of the girls competing at Miss USA already. What's important is that she has a legitimate and well respected job, which will definitely earn her points with IMG. I don't see her as a frontrunner who'll steal the show, but I will not be surprised at all if she nabs a placement. Every year, this is the kind of girl who steals spots in the semifinals away from the bombshells who focus on appearance rather than résumé, but then don't make it to the top five. I can really see that being the case with Lexie. Being from Kentucky, that would be a very good result for the state, cheers.

I'm gutted for Rayni, and am sad that we'll never get to see her on the Miss USA stage now that she's aged out, but Lexie is a fine choice and in my (very long) maybe category. I look forward to watching her journey in the coming months
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:25 am

And just like that our class of 2020 is complete. I think that are some very strong girls here, who can bring back the competitiveness the USA had at Miss Universe that we haven't had since Olivia Jordan. I hope everyone's working on their top fifteen, I'm brainstorming mine right now. As we get closer to the competition, I'll open up a survey to see the general consensus.
Queen of the Clouds

Re: ROAD TO MISS USA 2020 // ALL DELEGATES CHOSEN

Postby missfinlandia » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:03 am

My top 15

Top 5

Idaho
Utah
Georgia
Virginia
Connecticut

Top 10

Ohio
Montana
Arkansas
Illinois
Nevada

Top 15

New York
North Carolina
Oklahoma
Hawaii
Mississippi

Some comments:

-Hawaii, Missouri and Mississippi are gorgeous but they all give strong teen vibes

-People forget Illinois, she's very classic beauty and very Olivia Culpo'esque

-I'm not feeling Maryland. I've followed Taelyr for years hoping her to win, but her reign has not convinced me. She has been outshined by other girls in group photos constantly.

-Michigan is plain. Go to her instagram and see candids with no pageant make up. She's a big no to me.

-Montana has very 2020 cause, being a vegan and campaigning against agriculture industry in her state. She has bit round face but she can look gorgeous too + great speaker and influencer.

-Nebraska looks too pale with her black hair and often looks unhappy in photos. She looks like a goth to me sometimes even though she's not. I'm not feeling her at all, gives so cold vibes.

-Nevada is better than people say. She actually looks beautiful and classy, I don't get why people think her looks aren't IMG.

-New Jersey has bit of the same problem as Nebraska. She just looks stone cold and I don't get personality out of her.

-New York is gonna divide opinions. Her facial proportions are very unusual and I'm not the biggest fan of her.

-North Carolina screams IMG, I would be surprised if she's not in

-Texas is weak for Texas. She's 50/50 to me.

-Virginia and Oklahoma are facially gorgeous, let's not forget Madison Nipe. Beautiful face can take you far.

-Wyoming just seems model and not a beauty queen. I don't get personality out of her, another cold alert.

-Washington and DC are not facially pretty, somehow I fear IMG will love them

-I need to see more of California before making an opinion

-North Dakota is the worst contestant. She's religious, super conservative and is campaignin against human rights + looks old. Her pro-life agenda is to get abortion banned in her state. Ugh.

missfinlandia

Real Life Name/Nick: MissSuomi
Date of Birth: 29 Nov 1913
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: This and that
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Hobbies/Interests: Shopping

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:06 pm

Before making my official top fifteen, I'm gonna do a bit of an analysis on each girl. All thoughts are my personal opinions, and are not necessarily a prediction.

Alabama: Alabama is a powerhouse state, but they have been crowning disappointing girls recently. Sure, Hannah Brown has gone on to have a massively successful career in the US, but I don't think she was a great titleholder, nor was her predecessor, her successor, and now Kelly as well. There's nothing particularly wrong with Kelly, she just gives me major Miss America vibes facially. And don't get me wrong, if she was a MAO girl she'd clearly be one of the most beautiful, but in general that seems like the organization she fits into more (and she was a MAO teen titleholder too). I haven't really seen her advocating for any specific platform, her résumé won't stand out, I don't see her placing.

Alaska: Originally I thought Alaska was one of the weakest girls in the batch, but she's grown on me a lot. Her Miss Alaska USA headshot was a very bad picture of her, she looks great in the photoshoot she did with Fadil!!! She also seems to be very educated (a graduate student at a prestigious university), and with her graduate degree studies in international education, I think she can turn that into a very interesting platform of being an ambassador for education (perhaps specifically of young girls) internationally. That'd be an amazing platform. Also, she has quite a heartbreaking story. As a child, she was visiting Alaska with her parents; her mother was involved in a car accident while they were there and she died. Afterwards, the people of the small Alaskan town they were in just took her in and she lived there ever since. I'm not gonna say she's a definite placer, because Alaska has long struggled with placing, but I wouldn't be surprised if she becomes a shock placement in the top fifteen, probably won't go further than that though.

Arizona: Yesenia is very cute, but I don't know how much there is to her. I haven't seen much of an advocacy or platform, and her Instagram is mostly just her being an Instagram model and influencer. If she develops a platform she may be able to do well; Arizona is a big state and she's a gorgeous girl, but until then it's gonna be a no from me.

Arkansas: I absolutely love Arkansas. She's the girl-next-door of the competition, and has one of my favorite faces. Arkansas has been sending stunning girls for the past couple of years (still can't get over Lauren Weaver not placing, she was my top pick of 2018!!!), and they're really combatting the stereotypes that are associated with Arkansas and Arkansans. I know Haley has a degree in nutrition, and she can easily use that as a platform for healthy eating/healthy live styles. If she fine-tunes that platform, I'd say she can definitely go far, but we'll see.

California: I do like Allyshia, but she probably is the worst Miss California USA facially we've had for a while. While Erica Dann ended up having no stage presence and was obviously a clear flop, she still was a strikingly beautiful, had great speaking skills, and an amazing résumé. I don't know if Allyshia has any of that really. She's clearly a very pretty girl, the competition in California is just very tough, and if she represented a state like Wyoming we'd all probably be gushing about her, she just has a lot to be compared to. She seems to have a small organization dedicated to art, and volunteers with children's hospitals, so that will work in her favor. However, as we learned last year, Californians are not invincible, and she will have to earn her place just like every other delegate.

Colorado: I never really liked Emily, but I do have to admit she's not a bad titleholder by any means. She is a collegiate athlete and seems like she wants to make her platform about the representation of women's sports and the mental health of women athletes. Personally, I think this is a great platform that is not often talked about, but is a HUGE problem in the US. I think some of the glam looks she does ages her incredibly (she's only 20/21 years old but I thought she looked as if she was about to age out in her crowning picture), so she is going to have to get that under control before Miss USA. I don't think she's a frontrunner, but she is a potential spoiler.

Connecticut: Chelsea is one of the faces of the competition. Seriously, that face, that body, everything about her physically is perfection. Considering her career is working for a charity, she has a platform already built into her. I can see Chelsea going incredibly far in the competition, and she is clearly one of the frontrunners here. Extremely gorgeous girl, I just hope that she also has incredible speaking skills.

Delaware: I'm not a fan. She probably will only be remembered as the short girl in all honesty. Besides her height, there is not much I can remember about her, and I'm not into her beauty personally. She seems like a good speaker in the interviews I've seen of her, but I haven't seen much of a real platform.

District of Columbia: Now this is a girl who's going to polarize people. Physically, she's very hit-or-miss for me. In some professional photoshoots she looks absolutely stunning, but then in candids I'm not feeling her at all. Due to the nature of airbrushing and photoshop, I'm led to believe that the candids are telling the truth here. However, this girl definitely has a résumé. The first girl to wear an afro at Miss America, an intern for Barack Obama and a 2020 presidential candidate, the founder of a consulting firm, ambassador for an organization set up to recruit women to run for elected office, volunteer with an organization dedicated to aiding military children, public speaker, and a vocalist who has performed in the Obama White House. This girl has literally done it all. You're crazy if you think she isn't going to place just because she isn't the most beautiful, Cierra can definitely end up going far.

Florida: Now, being honest, I am not feeling Monique at all. However, that is not taking into account the experience she has. As we now know, Miss America girls have been performing very well at Miss USA, even if they did not go into the competition as a frontrunner. I don't think many people were predicting Triana Browne to go too far last year and she didn't even place at Miss America, but then look how far she did go. Miss America girls should not be underrated. Monique was a semifinalist at Miss America (representing TEXAS, a major powerhouse, nonetheless), it should be no surprise if she places even though she is not on many people's radars.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:58 pm

Georgia: Initially, I was not a fan. But she has really convinced me. I think she should really stick to the long, straight hair and natural makeup look, I like it much more than some of the other looks she's done. Again, Miss America girls are not to be underestimated. I can see Alyssa being one of the MAO girls that shocks everyone and gets to top five.

Hawaii: I am in love with Samantha. She is absolutely stunning, and she's a completely natural kind of beautiful too. People may say she could flop because she doesn't have much of an advocacy, but in interviews I've seen with her she states that she is an advocate for Toastmasters International (a public speaking organization) and plans on encouraging children to participate in public speaking. Even if she doesn't have a specific platform, just speaking well will help her and that's exactly what this is supposed to do. Sarah didn't have much of a real platform but she was a good speaker. I think Samantha can end up going very far.

Idaho: Here she is, my girl. I think Kim is legitimately everything that the MUO is looking for. She is Ivy League-educated, a future veterinarian, stunning but also still very approachable and everywoman. Plus she would still bring in some diversity, being the first Asian-American Miss USA since Brook Lee (Kim is half-Filipina). My only concern here is whether Idaho can appropriately train their girls considering their track record is very poor. Either way, Kim would be a Miss USA I'd be very proud of.

Illinois: Olivia is a very gorgeous girl, there's just something missing about her. I can't really pinpoint it, but she just doesn't really excite me. I don't think I really see her placing, but there's no real reason for it, she just reminds me of those girls every year who are very pretty but fade into the background and end up not placing. Maybe she'll start sticking out post-arrivals.

Indiana: I really do like Alexis. Some pictures I do not feel her at all, but in others I really do love her. She seems like she has such a big personality and that will definitely win her points. I can envision her really acing her interview and possibly being Miss Congeniality. Judging from her Instagram, she doesn't really take herself too seriously which is such a positive for IMG-era pageantry, as they enjoy the everywoman and not the super serious model types. I can see her placing, but I don't think she'll win it all.

Iowa: For some reason Morgan doesn't seem to really give many updates on her Instagram, which will end up hurting her probably. I'm not really a huge fan anyways. It's nice that she's a nurse, but I don't think that's enough to place.

Kansas: She's no Alyssa Klinzing. Hayden is cute and all but I don't really see her as much of a threat at Miss USA. There's very little information to find on her online, and she's so young so she doesn't have that much life experience yet. I don't think she'll place, but she's cute at least.

Kentucky: Am I the only one who gets serious Sarah Rose Summers vibes from Lexie? They look like they could be sisters to me. Initially I didn't care too much for her, but I've grown to really like her in the day since she's been crowned. I find her to be extremely beautiful, but not in an intimidating or unachievable way, and that's the kind of beauty that IMG goes for. She has a real career as an accountant, and if her speaking skills are good I can see her placing. This may just be the Sarah Rose comparisons getting to me, but I wouldn't be shocked if she kills it at prelims, surprises us all, and ends up going far.

Louisiana: Mariah seems to be a dark horse here. She hasn't been getting that much attention from pageantry fans, but she's definitely on my radar. When she is all glammed up she is GORGEOUS. Plus, she's a professional model which means she likely will have great stage presence. I don't know much about communication skills or a platform, but if she gets that sorted out I can see her definitely placing.

Maine: Julia is probably the best titleholder Maine has sent in the last few years. She is a very cute girl but I don't think she will be able to stand out much with the 50 other girls next to her. She studies elementary education which can make a good platform of the importance of education for children, we'll see if she can work it out. She's not on the top of my list but I haven't written her off entirely.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:23 pm

Maryland: Okay, honestly, I think Taelyr may end up being the Katerina Rozmajzl, Bryce Armstrong, Lauren York, etc. of this year – hyped to death by fans but then in actuality very unprepared for IMG-era pageantry and a flop. She's clearly gorgeous, but the nonstop state hopping and the fact her Instagram was mostly just modeling shots until she won her state title, she just doesn't seem like an IMG girl. Her advocacy for the children of addiction sufferers can win her some points, but I don't know if it's enough.

Massachusetts: I'm not a big fan of Sabrina. There isn't much I really have to say about her. She's just not really my type but we'll see how far she can go.

Michigan: I really liked Chanel when she was first crowned but she's been slipping for me. She's a bit plain in her photos, but I'm still holding out hope that she knows how to get glammed up, because she looked great at her crowning. I have not yet erased her from my list, because I'm still convinced that IMG will love being able to say that a probation officer is a semifinalist at Miss USA. It's a very interesting job that we don't often see as something traditionally feminine, and IMG loves to break down barriers like that. I think she could end up being the Marina Gray placement of 2020.

Minnesota: Taylor just looks too plastic for me. She doesn't seem to really have any advocacy and her beauty is so fake. She reminds me of lot of Madeleine Overby, and I don't see her placing.

Mississippi: Now this is another girl to definitely look out for. Maybe being the first African-American titleholder isn't a big deal in most states (Hawaii also crowned their first African-American titleholder this year), but it 100% is in Mississippi. The state is nearly 40% black and has been plagued by racism for centuries. This is a HUGE deal for not only black people in Mississippi and the Deep South, but for black people throughout the whole country. We should all be expecting this to be milked a lot. Again though, Miss America girls should not be underestimated, especially considering Asya is gorgeous in her own right, has the first black titleholder story, is an entrepreneur with her own cosmetics line, and advocates for the children of incarcerated parents. I think she will definitely place.

Missouri: Megan is a girl who's definitely on my radar, but I don't really know what to expect from her. She claims to be an entrepreneur but I can't really find any details on how she is. If that's a true claim she's making then it'll definitely help her. Also, she's clearly very beautiful and was trained by Shandi and Susie for Miss Missouri USA, so I assume she'll be getting the same training at Miss USA, which will DEFINITELY help her a lot – they're probably the best pageantry trainers in the entire country. Look out for her.

Montana: I know Merissa has gotten some positive reactions from fans, but I'm still not feeling her. I do like her platform as an advocate for animal welfare and veganism, but that is problematic considering her circumstances. She is not from Montana (she is Californian), but Montana's economy is largely funded by animal agriculture. Merissa came under fire from Montanans earlier for advocating for abandoning animal products, with many saying she was anti-Montana and should be dethroned. I personally don't agree with the assertions, but I'm just saying this is how her reign is being received in Montana. Montana is an incredibly weak state in its own, I think they only have 2 or 3 placements in the history of Miss USA, so in all honesty I don't see her placing. Maybe she can surprise but who knows.

Nebraska: Now this may be one of the Miss America girls I'm looking out for the most. Personally, I really love her look with the dark hair and light eyes, I think she's stunning, but she also has an amazing résumé. She's the CEO of a motivational women's empowerment organization, IMG will eat that up. You have to have great speaking skills to be involved in something like that obviously, so I think people are definitely underrating her. She could end up going far.

Nevada: Personally I do not like Victoria. I think her swimsuit body looked extremely unhealthy, and as someone who has struggled with anorexia and eating disorders, seeing girls like that worries me immensely. I have not seen much of a platform or advocacy from Victoria besides just looking pretty on Instagram, so that does not excite me either. She really is just bringing me back to the Lauren York/Emelina Adams era of Nevadan pageantry, and that's not a good thing. She also answered her questions at Miss Nevada USA horribly, so I'm not optimistic about her.

New Hampshire: New Hampshire is kinda a secretive state when it comes to Miss USA. You never really understand how they pick their girls (they always come out of left field), and there often isn't much information about them online. Alyssa has a master's degree in nutrition and is a licensed dietician, which can make a good platform, and is also a classically trained ballerina. New Hampshire is not a very strong state, so I don't expect much from their titleholders, but maybe Alyssa will end up being strong, who knows.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:38 pm

New Jersey: Gina was my absolute favorite when she competed in Miss Teen USA, but I'm not exactly feeling her look now. She's obviously older, but she's only 20/21, yet she ages herself so much with this makeup look she does. I really don't like it, and would love to see something more natural. Gina is involved in the fashion industry and is only a college student, which normally are two things IMG doesn't exactly like when it comes to their titleholders, so we'll see how she does. She may end up being my sentimental favorite.

New Mexico: Nope, nope, nope. Besides Taelyr, she is the absolute worst state hopper competing, and I do not respect that at all. Not a fan of her beauty, and while it's great that she works in early childhood education, it doesn't do enough to save her for me.

New York: Another big favorite for the crown. She has the most experience in pageantry of a Miss USA contestant since Olivia Jordan, and we know how things ended for Olivia. It's a very good sign for her chances, but also this is the IMG era now and we have to wonder whether they want a pageantry veteran or a fresh-faced everywoman (which is what they've been leaning towards recently). I can't imagine a situation where Andreia doesn't place, but she will have to prove herself if she wants to win. Probably the best New York titleholder that I can remember though.

North Carolina: Being a former Teen runner-up is a great sign for Jane's chances, but I can't help but notice that she is not at her prime anymore like she was during her Teen years. I followed her year as a Teen and she was consistently one of my top picks, but now she just fades into the background as a Miss. I don't know what happened, but she doesn't have the star power she once did. It also is not uncommon for girls who were successful as Teens to flop as Misses (Katie Coble for example). We'll see how she does, but right now I don't have high hopes.

North Dakota: As has been said, there are definitely concerns for Macy. Dedicating yourself to fighting against the legality of abortion is not something I think IMG wants to be associated with. Gallup polls say about 80% of Americans want abortion legal in at least some circumstances, so if you say that the girls should not be penalized for political opinions, fighting for a total ban is simply a very unpopular opinion and any negative ramifications are honestly justified imo. Macy doing well will probably bring Miss USA some negative attention. Considering IMG has been trying to move pageantry from being seen as something extremely conservative to something about women's empowerment and feminism, I don't think Macy will fit in well with this new definition of Miss USA.

Ohio: I just love Sthephanie so much. She is so fun and outgoing on her YouTube channel, and I can definitely see her bringing that personality to the Miss USA stage. While I don't think she has much of a résumé, she is active in fighting for Alzheimer's disease awareness, which will definitely win her points. I don't know if I see her as a winner, but I can see her placing and maybe making it to top five even. I really love her.

Oklahoma: I think Mariah is a bit underrated. Oklahoma is an incredibly strong state, and Mariah has one of the most beautiful faces in the competition. While she'll have to find a platform if she wants to do well, I can see her going very far if she does find one. Oklahoma is really itching for a second title.

Oregon: Eh, she's pretty but nothing about her really excites me.

Pennsylvania: Personally I just do not like her. I think what I'm most upset about is the fact that she beat Sydney Robertson who probably could've been my #1 for the entire year if she had won, but even besides that I'm not into Victoria's beauty. She owns her own clothing boutique which will probably win some IMG points, but I just don't really see her going too far.

Rhode Island: A lot of people seem to like Jonét a lot, but I still am not feeling her. There isn't anything I particularly dislike about her, I just don't see anything about her that sets her apart from the other girls. Sure she's pretty and has a real job and I wouldn't be surprised if she places, but top five? I don't think so.
Last edited by Queen of the Clouds on Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:52 pm

South Carolina: We can't forget that South Carolina is a really strong state, but Hannah Jane still doesn't really excite me. She's obviously very cute, but she just gives me major Teen vibes. If she was Miss South Carolina Teen USA, I would say she's a frontrunner to win Miss Teen USA, but she's a Miss and I just don't see her standing out much. I'm gonna be rooting for her because I do like her, but I just don't see her doing much. She's so young too, she probably should have waited until she was more mature and experienced.

South Dakota: I understand she owns her own salon and that could be part of the girl boss narrative IMG likes, but I just am not feeling this girl. She's probably one of my least favorites competing in all honesty. There isn't really anything wrong with her, she just comes off as incredibly plain to me. Obviously pretty much every girl at Miss USA is beautiful because they made it this far, but I can't see Kalani placing at all really.

Tennessee: When Justice was first crowned I thought she was a frontrunner, but she's really been fading in comparison to other girls. I still enjoy that she has a legitimate advocacy and platform in endometriosis awareness, but still whenever she's pictured with other girls she gets outshined completely. I still love her crowning look, so if she is able to replicate that at Miss USA she may be back in the picture, but until then we'll see. Nevertheless, she still comes from Tennessee which is a very strong state, so that could win her points.

Texas: Honestly, I think Taylor is one of the most disappointing Texas girls we've had in awhile. Clearly she's stunning, but I don't know what there is to her besides that. Nothing about her really stands out to me, and I think if we gave her a Montana, North Dakota, Wisconsin, etc. sash, she wouldn't really be on anyone's lists. Texas has kinda lost their sparkle recently and have flopped a lot, so I wouldn't be surprised if they do it again this year.

Utah: Look out for this girl. Rachel has already received so much media attention for being the first openly LGBT Miss USA contestant, and I think there's more to where that came from. She's so candid about mental health which IMG will love, and she's gorgeous too. I really can't envision this girl not placing, there are so many layers to her that IMG and the media will be so eager to capitalize on. Imagine all the headlines if an openly queer woman won Miss USA. She is definitely a girl to look out for.

Vermont: Facially I think Shannah is one of the weakest girls here, but she is a good speaker. I've seen some of her interviews and she's very eloquent. She says she works as an international trade specialist, and I'm not quite sure what that is, but I expect her to talk about that a lot like how Sarah talked about being a certified child life specialist all the time. I don't think Shannah will place because physically she just cannot compare to the other girls even remotely, but she definitely is a better speaker than a lot of them.

Virginia: I don't know much about Susie but she is just so cute. She has the face of a doll and I really hope she has the communication skills and a platform to back that up. There isn't much about her that points to a definite placement, but I'm definitely rooting for her. Virginia is very often an underrated state I think.

Washington: Honestly, Imani is probably my least favorite here. I just am not a fan. She doesn't really have much of a résumé and her beauty is not at all my thing, so she needs to hope that her communication skills are amazing. Personally though, she's probably the weakest here imo.

West Virginia: Charlotte has a strong résumé being a staffer in the US Senate (very impressive), but physically she is just an average blonde girl I think. Besides her career in government, there is nothing about her that makes her stand out, I often forget she's even competing. We'll see how she does.

Wisconsin: Oi, Gabriella. Still don't know how she won her state title considering physically she could not compare to the other girls and I did not find her answers to be that interesting at all, but oh well here we are now. Wisconsin is barely ever a strong state, so I don't think she really has much of a shot. Mental health awareness is a pretty common platform, and physically she is not on the same level of any of the other girls.

Wyoming: I like Katie but she is way too model to be a pageant girl. Maybe in Trump era she'd place, but I don't really see it happening in IMG era. Like Taelyr, until she won her state title her Instagram was entirely just modeling shots and influencer posts, which will not win any points with IMG. I really think she's beautiful, but I can see her being another one of those very hyped, very beautiful girls who ends up flopping.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:58 pm

The last state crowning of the season:
Queen of the Clouds

Postby pippo93 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:38 pm

I WILL HAVE AN EYE TO KENTUCKY. SURELY SHE IS NOT A FRONTRUNNER, BUT I FIND HER REALLY BEAUTIFUL AND SWEET! LIKE IOWA LAST YEAR, THIS YEAR KENTUCKY COULD SNATCH A SPOT IN THE TOP15 :hx
(I ALSO SEE THE RESEMBLAMCE WITH SARAH)
pippo93

Date of Birth: 29 Sep 1993
Profession: Medical Doctor, Resident in Nephrology
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Chinese Zodiac: Rooster
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty Pageants

Postby pippo93 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:15 pm

AT THIS POINT, I THINK THAT UTAH IS THE ONE TO BEAT. AFTER 3 BLACK GIRLS (MILITARY, SCIENTIST, and a LAWYER) AND A BLONDE, IMG COULD CROWN THE 1st LGBT MISS USA (and we all know that IMG loves to be on the newspapers). BUT ASIDE FROM THAT, I THINK THAT UTAH IS A VERY COMPLETE GIRL THAT COULD FINALLY BRING BACK THE USA TO THE TOP5 (I hope that Cheslie last year could have made it, but she ruined her chance with an horrible gown and horrible hairstyling).

After Utah, I have
IDAHO this girl is a total RAY OF LIGHT. Her smile is wonderful and it gives me a sense of serenity. She has a good curriculum, she is sweet, her body is on point. And I have a love for the weak state.
OHIO love her joyful attitude
NEW YORK fierce everywhere, great body, great presence, AWESOME catwalk. My only doubt is that she seems more a Trump winner than an IMG, but no way she will clap. Locked in my top5
MAINE her face is her strenght. She give me an Hollywood star vibe. This is always a beauty pageant after all, and a face like this, should not be ignored.

OTHER GIRLS THAT CAUGHT MY ATTENTION ARE
MISSISSIPPI
HAWAII
CONNECTICUT
ARKANSAS
MONTANA
GEORGIA
ILLINOIS
NEBRASKA
KENTUCKY

I DON'T GET THE HYPE ABOUT TEXAS (nothing special), WYOMING (typical boring blonde) MARYLAND (instagram model, too trump era)
pippo93

Postby KateW » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:26 pm

How does everyone think the former California USA contestants will do at Miss USA 2020? Here's how they fared in California:

2012- Taelyr Robinson (Top 20), Gabriella Deyi (Non-Finalist)
2013- Merissa Underwood (Non-Finalist)
2014- Katie Bozner (Top 20), Gabriella Deyi (Non-Finalist), Taelyr Robinson (Non-Finalist)
2015- Cecilia Rodriguez (Non-Finalist), Gabriella Deyi (Non-Finalist), Katerina Villegas (Non-Finalist)
2016- Taelyr Robinson (Top 20), Katerina Villegas (Non-Finalist), Merissa Underwood (Non-Finalist)
2017- Victoria Olona (2nd Runner Up), Cecilia Rodriguez (Non-Finalist), Gabriella Deyi (Non-Finalist), Imani Blackmon (Non-Finalist), Justice Enlow (Non-Finalist)
2018- Justice Enlow (Top 20), Cecilia Rodriguez (Top 20), Merissa Underwood (Top 20), Katie Bozner (Non-Finalist)
2019- Samantha Neyland (2nd Runner Up), Justice Enlow (Top 16), Cecilia Rodriguez (Non-Finalist), Emily Demure (Non-Finalist), Gabriella Deyi (Non-Finalist), Merissa Underwood (Non-Finalist)

California USA itself has basically become a training ground for state hoppers and Miss USA is essentially Miss California USA.
KateW
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1980
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Banking
Hobbies/Interests: Travel

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:22 pm

missfinlandia wrote:
My top 15

Top 5

Idaho
Utah
Georgia
Virginia
Connecticut

Top 10

Ohio
Montana
Arkansas
Illinois
Nevada

Top 15

New York
North Carolina
Oklahoma
Hawaii
Mississippi

Some comments:

-Hawaii, Missouri and Mississippi are gorgeous but they all give strong teen vibes

-People forget Illinois, she's very classic beauty and very Olivia Culpo'esque

-I'm not feeling Maryland. I've followed Taelyr for years hoping her to win, but her reign has not convinced me. She has been outshined by other girls in group photos constantly.

-Michigan is plain. Go to her instagram and see candids with no pageant make up. She's a big no to me.

-Montana has very 2020 cause, being a vegan and campaigning against agriculture industry in her state. She has bit round face but she can look gorgeous too + great speaker and influencer.

-Nebraska looks too pale with her black hair and often looks unhappy in photos. She looks like a goth to me sometimes even though she's not. I'm not feeling her at all, gives so cold vibes.

-Nevada is better than people say. She actually looks beautiful and classy, I don't get why people think her looks aren't IMG.

-New Jersey has bit of the same problem as Nebraska. She just looks stone cold and I don't get personality out of her.

-New York is gonna divide opinions. Her facial proportions are very unusual and I'm not the biggest fan of her.

-North Carolina screams IMG, I would be surprised if she's not in

-Texas is weak for Texas. She's 50/50 to me.

-Virginia and Oklahoma are facially gorgeous, let's not forget Madison Nipe. Beautiful face can take you far.

-Wyoming just seems model and not a beauty queen. I don't get personality out of her, another cold alert.

-Washington and DC are not facially pretty, somehow I fear IMG will love them

-I need to see more of California before making an opinion

-North Dakota is the worst contestant. She's religious, super conservative and is campaignin against human rights + looks old. Her pro-life agenda is to get abortion banned in her state. Ugh.

Fun takes, having a good time reading them! I'm curious what you like about North Carolina, she's honestly way down on my list right now (maybe I'm just still upset Victoria Vesce didn't win idk) but I'm absolutely open to having my view changed. Jane is a little too girl-next-door looking for me and doesn't have the strongest resume in the competition as far as I know, but with a strong performance at prelims and Miss USA those things aren't necessarily a dealbreaker (look at Sarah Rose Summers) so I'm keeping an open mind.
Last edited by itsrowdy801 on Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
itsrowdy801

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:30 pm

Yaaaaay QotC thank you so much for your takes! I couldn't agree more with most of your takes, and you even touched on the reason why I gave Utah the edge over Idaho (directorship) in my prediction. I have complete confidence that Shanna will send our girl impeccably prepared, and I have less confidence in Pageants NW which has an atrocious record of one Miss USA placement in ten years between their four states - and that makes me a little nervous for Kim. Maybe directorship doesn't matter as much as I think it does, Allie Gonzalez got 1RU last year despite having a horrendous director as she recently talked about, but it is still important.
itsrowdy801

Postby Juan Sebastian » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:54 pm

Overall, I think Utah is the one to beat - Shanna hit the nail on the head with her, I have no idea how she is on stage but she can talk, will be well prepared and hits the diversity requirement (being LGBT+) and she seems so authentic and real which is something a lot of Miss USAs struggle with.

New York is my second choice, she reminds me of Yendi Philipps and has the best walk this year, has proven herself internationally and is diverse, but she's a clear cut frontrunner and my fear is that she will end up like Allie Gonzalez because she is too much of a pageant girl. If anyone is locked in my Top 5 it is her because she is going to murder the rest of the girls on the stage

Those are the only two I am seriously looking out for but District of Columbia is someone else I have my eye on because of her background but she needs to work on her angles and styling but she is very much on my radar.

[youtube]Dq_uy1qcO-k[/youtube][youtube]5hXShNmEc44[/youtube][youtube]tQbbdvmyjS8[/youtube]
Juan Sebastian
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: Juan Sebastian
Date of Birth: 06 Apr 1990
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Pharmacist
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: music, gambling & miss universe
Message: Like give it up at this point. It's me, I win, you lose hahahahaha

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:38 pm

Upon further consideration, I'm making a change, and taking Texas off my list - tbh, I threw her on at the last minute because I was keeping my list to 14 saving a spot for Rayni and when she didn't win Kentucky, I just added Texas weighing her MGI experience too heavily, since I don't really think that carries the same weight as, say, a former Miss Earth US or Miss World America would/has, but I still have an eye on her.

Adding Tennessee in her place, I honestly can't believe I forgot about her while making my list, she has a great advocacy for endometriosis, and IMG loves firsts and she would be the first (I think, correct me if there's another I'm forgetting) Jewish Miss USA if crowned.
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:57 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:Upon further consideration, I'm making a change, and taking Texas off my list - tbh, I threw her on at the last minute because I was keeping my list to 14 saving a spot for Rayni and when she didn't win Kentucky, I just added Texas weighing her MGI experience too heavily, since I don't really think that carries the same weight as, say, a former Miss Earth US or Miss World America would/has, but I still have an eye on her.

Adding Tennessee in her place, I honestly can't believe I forgot about her while making my list, she has a great advocacy for endometriosis, and IMG loves firsts and she would be the first (I think, correct me if there's another I'm forgetting) Jewish Miss USA if crowned.

Wow that's kinda crazy. However many years and no Jewish titleholder? I guess there could have been a Jewish girl (or girl with a partial Jewish background) who won years back before we'd get a lot of personal info on each girl, but still, that's something I definitely didn't expect.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby TheGenuineBeauty » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:05 am

Queen of the Clouds wrote:MISS KENTUCKY USA 2020 IS LEXIE ILES

Full results:
Miss Kentucky USA 2020: Lexie Iles

Top 16:
Amber Allen
Anne Baldridge
Hannah Johnson
Jordan Crozier
Meredith Ellis
Parker Deppen
Ramya Kondaveeti
Rebecca Cook
Taylor Flake
Veronica Chisholm
Yulia Perevozchikova

Top 5
West Lexington (Top 16)
Owenton (Top 16)
Western Kentucky (2nd RU) I can't believe I got that one :)
Hurstbourne Twp (Top 16)
Burnside (Clapper)

Top 15 (There was a Top 16. Also I accidentally wrote down a name twice.)
Alexandria (Clapper)
Pikeville (Top 16)
Louisville (Winner)
Bluegrass (3RU)
East Louisville (1RU)
Southern Kentucky (Top 16)
Lawrenceburg (Clapper)
Tates Creek (Clapper)
Lebanon Junction (Clapper)
?
?

Score: 9 out of 16 (one wrong because it was a Top 16 and not a Top 15, and one wrong cause I accidentally wrote down a name twice) I mean...not bad considering I chose the semifinalists based solely on the headshots, but that's still an F lol. Congratulations to Lexie!!!
PUERTO RICO REBORN

2018: Kiara Ortega (Top 5)
2019: Madison Anderson (1st RU)
2020: Estefania Soto (Top 10)
2021: Michelle Colon (Top 10)
2022: Ashley Cariño (TBA)
TheGenuineBeauty
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Date of Birth: 24 Jul 1996
Profession: Student
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: Reading
Message: Promote what you love instead of attacking what you hate.

Postby KateW » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:08 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:I have less confidence in Pageants NW which has an atrocious record of one Miss USA placement in ten years between their four states - and that makes me a little nervous for Kim.

Pageants Northwest's only delegate to make the semifinals in the 2010s was Toneata Morgan (Oregon USA 2018) and she was a California state hopper (Top 20 at California USA 2017). 2018 saw two of Pageants Northwest's states won by California state hoppers (Dani Walker won Montana USA 2018 and she previously was a Non-Finalist at California USA 2015 and 2016).

Notice that for 2020, three of Pageants Northwest's states were won by California state hoppers: Montana, Oregon, Washington. It's the second time in three years that both Montana and Oregon were won by California state hoppers. I guess Pageants Northwest must think that crowning California state hoppers will somehow make their states more competitive at Miss USA.
KateW

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1980
Profession: Banking
Hobbies/Interests: Travel

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:09 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:Yaaaaay QotC thank you so much for your takes! I couldn't agree more with most of your takes, and you even touched on the reason why I gave Utah the edge over Idaho (directorship) in my prediction. I have complete confidence that Shanna will send our girl impeccably prepared, and I have less confidence in Pageants NW which has an atrocious record of one Miss USA placement in ten years between their four states - and that makes me a little nervous for Kim. Maybe directorship doesn't matter as much as I think it does, Allie Gonzalez got 1RU last year despite having a horrendous director as she recently talked about, but it is still important.

The thing is with having a bad director, the individual girl has to put in so much more of their own effort. Shanna is honestly probably the top director in all of the Miss USA state pageants, so a girl with her as their director is going to have amazing guidance and opportunities without having to find her own connections. With a shitty director, you might have seek opportunities out on your own. Like if I'm not mistaken, some of the better directors will provide you with top notch trainers (I think Shandi and Susie are contracted with one directorship, not sure which and if that's still happening but I think I remember hearing a year or so ago that winners of a few states automatically would be trained by them), but if your director doesn't provide that then you'll have to find the trainers you want and pay them yourselves. Allie was always going to be incredibly prepared, so I think she would have succeeded no matter who her director was, but then there are some girls who probably aren't *as* serious about winning and will just do whatever their director tells them to do.

If Kim wants this and is willing to put in more work than some of the other girls who may have things easier, then I don't see her directorship pulling her back, but she's gonna have to want it.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby itsrowdy801 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:32 am

Queen of the Clouds wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:Yaaaaay QotC thank you so much for your takes! I couldn't agree more with most of your takes, and you even touched on the reason why I gave Utah the edge over Idaho (directorship) in my prediction. I have complete confidence that Shanna will send our girl impeccably prepared, and I have less confidence in Pageants NW which has an atrocious record of one Miss USA placement in ten years between their four states - and that makes me a little nervous for Kim. Maybe directorship doesn't matter as much as I think it does, Allie Gonzalez got 1RU last year despite having a horrendous director as she recently talked about, but it is still important.

The thing is with having a bad director, the individual girl has to put in so much more of their own effort. Shanna is honestly probably the top director in all of the Miss USA state pageants, so a girl with her as their director is going to have amazing guidance and opportunities without having to find her own connections. With a shitty director, you might have seek opportunities out on your own. Like if I'm not mistaken, some of the better directors will provide you with top notch trainers (I think Shandi and Susie are contracted with one directorship, not sure which and if that's still happening but I think I remember hearing a year or so ago that winners of a few states automatically would be trained by them), but if your director doesn't provide that then you'll have to find the trainers you want and pay them yourselves. Allie was always going to be incredibly prepared, so I think she would have succeeded no matter who her director was, but then there are some girls who probably aren't *as* serious about winning and will just do whatever their director tells them to do.

If Kim wants this and is willing to put in more work than some of the other girls who may have things easier, then I don't see her directorship pulling her back, but she's gonna have to want it.

Yes yes, very good point. Dani Walker made it clear that Pageants NW is cheap as hell and she had to spend $20K of her own money on Miss USA preparations, and there's a reason that wanting to work with a specific director is a common driving force behind state-hopping, but it's by no means a dealbreaker and I of course think Kim has a serious shot at winning. A few directorships work with Shandi & Susie, Vanbros and RPM do plus a handful of other states - also an incredibly valuable resource to have which I'd say also puts those girls at an advantage - but this is mostly guesswork and we'll see how well they're prepared at prelims and I expect my list to change after that.
itsrowdy801

Postby keyss » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:05 am

People people have you learned nothing from the past? Wait until they all show up, you wont be able to recognize half of them. :-j
keyss
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 29 Aug 1987
Profession: self employed
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: beauty

Postby itsrowdy801 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:39 pm

just saw this on the Miss USA 2020 wikipedia page

I know Wikipedia isn't the most reliable source in the world by any means, but does this carry any weight?

If true, it would be nice to let Cheslie give up her crown at home.
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:22 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:just saw this on the Miss USA 2020 wikipedia page

I know Wikipedia isn't the most reliable source in the world by any means, but does this carry any weight?

If true, it would be nice to let Cheslie give up her crown at home.

it already got taken down. i wouldn't trust anything like that on wikipedia unless we can find published sources backing it up. a lot of people like to add random shit to wikipedia just to stir up trouble.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:39 pm

I've given some time to sit on things, and I think I'm ready with my early top fifteen (emphasis on early). I don't even know if we could be considered in the pre-arrivals phase right now (maybe pre-departures), so everything can change and probably will change in the next few months. There were 27 girls that I considered adding to my top fifteen, so I do think this is a very strong year. For the record, these are not predictions, they are my opinion.

Top 15:
DC – Let's get this clear. If Cierra is able to fine tune her styling, she would jump very far on my list; right now, that's all that's holding her back for me. This girl has one of the best résumés of all girls competing. I don't even have time to list everything she's done, but it's a lot. Judging on her résumé alone, I think she'll definitely place, and can easily go further. Cierra is the type of girl who if she makes it to top five, she'll have a real chance of winning, because that's what's going to be her strength. She also is a former MAO state titleholder, which we all know brings huge advantages to IMG era Miss USA. Look out for her, DO NOT write her off just because she isn't the most pretty.

Indiana – I think Alexis has proven she's a very fun person with a great personality, but her looks can be very hit-or-miss. I did not like her crowning look at all, but then I'll see other pictures of her where she looks stunning. Judging from how she carries herself on social media, I think she'll do very good in interviews, and she also is a professional model so she'll definitely have strong stage presence. I just need her to make sure she gets her looks right.

Maine – Julia has such a girl-next-door, all-American look to her. She also is very everywoman, and doesn't really look much like a model (or even a pageant girl) at all, despite still being very beautiful. I think IMG will like that. She's still a college student, which means she may not have enough experience to be very competitive, but she studies education, which she could use to make into a platform prioritizing education (maybe for girls abroad?). I think that could help her a lot, we'll see how she does. I'm rooting for her.

Missouri – Megan is the Barbie of this year, and I think she's much less polarizing than last year's Barbie Katerina Rozmajzl. Something that will help Megan is that she has a legitimate platform, which is endometriosis awareness. She also claims to be an entrepreneur, although I haven't been able to find any details regarding that claim. She's a Shandi and Susie protégée which will definitely help her out, I can see her placing but I don't know how far she'd get.

Tennessee – Initially, Justice was one of my frontrunners, but she's faded a lot as I don't think she's standing out next to some of the other girls. She has a legitimate platform, which is endometriosis awareness, and has had this platform much before winning her state title, which is a huge plus to her. I worry though that with two girls prioritizing endometriosis awareness (herself and Missouri), will only one of them be able to stand out? If so, which one will it be. I think Missouri is physically stronger, but Justice has the stronger platform. We'll see.

Top 10:
Connecticut – Chelsea is stunning and clearly has a good platform and résumé, considering she legitimately works for a charity. My only issue with her is that I think she may be too sexy. If you go through her Insta she's obviously gorgeous, but it's a lot bikinis, tight dresses, and skin showing. I have no issues with it, but I think IMG isn't looking for sexy bombshells, they want everywomen who are relatable to the general public; beautiful, but achievable. Maybe that won't be true at all for Chelsea, only time will tell, but that's what's stopping me from moving her up further.

Kentucky – Okay, I really love Lexie. I think she has the exact kind of beauty that IMG looks for; she is clearly beautiful, but not in an intimidating or cold way, she's approachable and warm, and her appearance is not unrealistic for women. It's the kind of beauty that counteracts Connecticut's, and what I think IMG is looking for. Besides her beauty though, she has a legitimate career as an accountant, and that is exactly what the beloved Allie Gonzalez did. I'd say that's a good sign. I can see her stunning at prelims and shocking everyone, I love her a lot.

Mississippi – Asya is someone to definitely look out for. Not only does she get the MAO state titleholder bump, she has A LOT more than that to offer. We all know about the first African-American titleholder in Mississippi which is a HUGE deal, but she's also the owner of a cosmetics company, which totally gives into the girl boss narrative IMG likes to have, and is an advocate for children of incarcerated parents. Not to mention, Asya is an absolute doll (she gives me some young Gabrielle Union vibes). I think she can end up going very far. My only qualm is that I wish she was a bit taller, but that's a very minor criticism and not something she can change obviously.

Nebraska – I absolutely love Megan and think she's being a bit underestimated. She's former MAO state titleholder, so we know that she already has an advantage here, but just take a look at her résumé. CEO of her own organization? Dedicated to motivational speaking and women's empowerment? That screams IMG. This girl will hands down be an amazing speaker, and everyone needs to stop underestimating what she can do. I also find her look enchanting. I'm always a sucker for people with super dark hair and super light eyes, so I find her just incredibly beautiful. I think she has the potential to go even farther than top ten, but I have her here for now.

Ohio – Sthephanie has so much personality, and I think that will definitely help her standout. I have a particular love for state titleholders who have YouTube channels, because they really give you such insight into their reigns that you wouldn't be able to get from Instagram posts; a YouTube video is just so much more personal and detailed than any Instagram post could be. I haven't seen much of a résumé from Sthephanie other than being an actress and model, but she has spoken about being an advocate for Alzheimer's disease awareness, which will win her points. I can see her placing, but I don't know how far she'll get.

Top 5:
Arkansas – Haley may be one of my biggest sentimental favorites so far. She gives off such girl-next-door energy, and I'm really loving the girls Arkansas has been sending; they are due for a winner very soon. Placing Haley so high is mainly her being one of my sentimental favorites. I don't think she's really given off any hints of what she may make her platform, but she has a degree in nutrition and can easily make a platform out of healthy/active lifestyles. I don't know if she has anything from her personal life she may want to highlight instead of that, as that's something we cannot just predict, but if she's a good speaker with a platform she can do very well. If not, she may just be a pretty face who gets lost in the batch, but I still do really like her.

New York – If this was Trump era, Andreia would easily be the biggest frontrunner here. She is the only delegate with major international experience (no, sorry Texas, I do not consider Miss Gwand International a major international pageant), and she will obliterate the other girls on the runway. However, as we all know, now you need more than that to win. Andreia seems to be decently covered on the more IMG sides of pageantry though: she's a professional public speaker, participates in many philanthropic efforts, and has the personal narrative of being an African immigrant to the US. I can see Andreia going down the Génesis Dávila route, where she gets hyped massively, stuns everyone, but then makes it far but doesn't win. Part of me just doesn't get winner vibes from her, although she'd easily be our best titleholder in a long time.

Top 3:
Idaho – Kim was instantly my frontrunner from the moment she was chosen, and she still is. Kim's path to the crown is all résumé, because hers is one of the strongest this year: an Ivy League-educated veterinarian, who also has pageantry experience as a Teen titleholder and modeling experience being a part-time model. She will be hitting it from all angles. If Kim is also a very strong speaker (which I expect that she will be), she can easily soar right to top three. Since she is half-Filipina, I think IMG also may be eager to crown the first Asian-American titleholder since Brook Lee (more than 20 years ago). The one thing holding Kim back is her directorship. As has been mentioned, Pageants Northwest is an atrocious director; they direct four states but only have one placement across all four states in the past ten years; sure it can be argued that Idaho and Montana are small states and that's why they don't have much success, Oregon and Washington are not, and there's no excuse for them doing so poorly all the time too. Kim will need to put in a lot of work on her own if she wants to win, and I really hope she wants it (part of me thinks she's more doing it for experience and the fun of it than really wanting to be Miss USA).

Hawaii – Samantha has been one of my top choices for Miss USA for awhile, and I'm especially happy she went back to her home of Hawaii to capture a Miss title. From what I've noticed, the path to doing well in IMG Miss USA is either having a strong résumé or being a very strong speaker (of course having both doesn't hurt). Samantha is an actress and model, which sure is respectable, but it's not an IMG worthy profession. However, she is an amazing speaker. Samantha is a supporter of the Toastmaster International public speaking nonprofit, and promotes the cause of children being taught public speaking skills. Basing her entire platform around a skill that is looked for in a Miss USA rather than having a distinct platform while also using the skill to advance that platform is an interesting strategy. Hawaiian girls are often extremely well-trained, so I expect Samantha will do well regardless considering she's the strongest Hawaiian titleholder since Chelsea Hardin.

Utah – I think Rachel has a very real chance of winning this year. She is so obviously the next step pageantry has to make. Black women have been fully embraced (as can be seen by the all black queens narrative that has been in the media all year), but LGBT women have not. Rachel is the first openly LGBT woman to take part in Miss USA, and that is going to be a huge narrative the media will run with; and they already have done so. Besides that though, Rachel is a dedicated advocate for mental health awareness, and I think her legitimate devotion to the cause and candid personal struggles with mental health will help her rise to the top of the many girls who nowadays make mental health awareness their platform. As can be seen through her social media, she's a very outgoing person and a gorgeous girl. Definitely someone to look out for, especially considering she has the amazing Shanna Moakler as her director.

----------------------------
Almost there:
Georgia – Alyssa has the MAO state titleholder bump, but I need more than just that. She doesn't have much of a résumé but she's very cute. I don't think she's a winner but she could snatch a placement, too early to tell.

Oklahoma – I legitimately think Mariah is one of the most physically beautiful girls competing this year, but she needs to show more than that. She works in film and media which is fun and all, but that's not something IMG will be impressed by. She needs to be an amazing speaker or have a great platform, and I haven't seen either of that yet, so we'll see. I do want her to do well though.

Almost almost there:
Generally all of these girls have given me something I like, be it a piece of their résumés or their styling, but what I do like is not nearly enough for them to compete with the girls I like a lot. They have room to improve, but I need to see that improvement:

Illinois
Louisiana
Maryland
Michigan
New Jersey
South Carolina
Texas
Virginia
Wyoming

Specific to Maryland, Texas, and Wyoming, they all are very pretty but I do not see anything from them that is IMG worthy, they appear more like Instagram models than modern beauty queens to me.
Queen of the Clouds

Re: ROAD TO MISS USA 2020 // WHO'S YOUR EARLY TOP 15?

Postby pippo93 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:59 pm

MY EARLY FAV

MISS USA 2020: UTAH
1st RU: IDAHO
2nd RU: NEW YORK

TOP 5
4. MAINE
5. DC (she screems IMG all over her, and with that curriculum IMG will surely put her here. But I firmly say that I DON'T LIKE HER, because beautywise she is weak, but this is IMG fucking era, so...)

TOP 10
6. OHIO
7. ARKANSAS
8. MISSISSIPPI
9. KENTUCKY
10. INDIANA

TOP 15
11. CONNECTICUT
11. HAWAII
12. MONTANA
13. ILLINOIS
14. NEBRASKA
Last edited by pippo93 on Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
pippo93

Postby itsrowdy801 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:00 am

Queen of the Clouds wrote:I've given some time to sit on things, and I think I'm ready with my early top fifteen (emphasis on early). I don't even know if we could be considered in the pre-arrivals phase right now (maybe pre-departures), so everything can change and probably will change in the next few months. There were 27 girls that I considered adding to my top fifteen, so I do think this is a very strong year. For the record, these are not predictions, they are my opinion.

Top 15:
DC – Let's get this clear. If Cierra is able to fine tune her styling, she would jump very far on my list; right now, that's all that's holding her back for me. This girl has one of the best résumés of all girls competing. I don't even have time to list everything she's done, but it's a lot. Judging on her résumé alone, I think she'll definitely place, and can easily go further. Cierra is the type of girl who if she makes it to top five, she'll have a real chance of winning, because that's what's going to be her strength. She also is a former MAO state titleholder, which we all know brings huge advantages to IMG era Miss USA. Look out for her, DO NOT write her off just because she isn't the most pretty.

Indiana – I think Alexis has proven she's a very fun person with a great personality, but her looks can be very hit-or-miss. I did not like her crowning look at all, but then I'll see other pictures of her where she looks stunning. Judging from how she carries herself on social media, I think she'll do very good in interviews, and she also is a professional model so she'll definitely have strong stage presence. I just need her to make sure she gets her looks right.

Maine – Julia has such a girl-next-door, all-American look to her. She also is very everywoman, and doesn't really look much like a model (or even a pageant girl) at all, despite still being very beautiful. I think IMG will like that. She's still a college student, which means she may not have enough experience to be very competitive, but she studies education, which she could use to make into a platform prioritizing education (maybe for girls abroad?). I think that could help her a lot, we'll see how she does. I'm rooting for her.

Missouri – Megan is the Barbie of this year, and I think she's much less polarizing than last year's Barbie Katerina Rozmajzl. Something that will help Megan is that she has a legitimate platform, which is endometriosis awareness. She also claims to be an entrepreneur, although I haven't been able to find any details regarding that claim. She's a Shandi and Susie protégée which will definitely help her out, I can see her placing but I don't know how far she'd get.

Tennessee – Initially, Justice was one of my frontrunners, but she's faded a lot as I don't think she's standing out next to some of the other girls. She has a legitimate platform, which is endometriosis awareness, and has had this platform much before winning her state title, which is a huge plus to her. I worry though that with two girls prioritizing endometriosis awareness (herself and Missouri), will only one of them be able to stand out? If so, which one will it be. I think Missouri is physically stronger, but Justice has the stronger platform. We'll see.

Top 10:
Connecticut – Chelsea is stunning and clearly has a good platform and résumé, considering she legitimately works for a charity. My only issue with her is that I think she may be too sexy. If you go through her Insta she's obviously gorgeous, but it's a lot bikinis, tight dresses, and skin showing. I have no issues with it, but I think IMG isn't looking for sexy bombshells, they want everywomen who are relatable to the general public; beautiful, but achievable. Maybe that won't be true at all for Chelsea, only time will tell, but that's what's stopping me from moving her up further.

Kentucky – Okay, I really love Lexie. I think she has the exact kind of beauty that IMG looks for; she is clearly beautiful, but not in an intimidating or cold way, she's approachable and warm, and her appearance is not unrealistic for women. It's the kind of beauty that counteracts Connecticut's, and what I think IMG is looking for. Besides her beauty though, she has a legitimate career as an accountant, and that is exactly what the beloved Allie Gonzalez did. I'd say that's a good sign. I can see her stunning at prelims and shocking everyone, I love her a lot.

Mississippi – Asya is someone to definitely look out for. Not only does she get the MAO state titleholder bump, she has A LOT more than that to offer. We all know about the first African-American titleholder in Mississippi which is a HUGE deal, but she's also the owner of a cosmetics company, which totally gives into the girl boss narrative IMG likes to have, and is an advocate for children of incarcerated parents. Not to mention, Asya is an absolute doll (she gives me some young Gabrielle Union vibes). I think she can end up going very far. My only qualm is that I wish she was a bit taller, but that's a very minor criticism and not something she can change obviously.

Nebraska – I absolutely love Megan and think she's being a bit underestimated. She's former MAO state titleholder, so we know that she already has an advantage here, but just take a look at her résumé. CEO of her own organization? Dedicated to motivational speaking and women's empowerment? That screams IMG. This girl will hands down be an amazing speaker, and everyone needs to stop underestimating what she can do. I also find her look enchanting. I'm always a sucker for people with super dark hair and super light eyes, so I find her just incredibly beautiful. I think she has the potential to go even farther than top ten, but I have her here for now.

Ohio – Sthephanie has so much personality, and I think that will definitely help her standout. I have a particular love for state titleholders who have YouTube channels, because they really give you such insight into their reigns that you wouldn't be able to get from Instagram posts; a YouTube video is just so much more personal and detailed than any Instagram post could be. I haven't seen much of a résumé from Sthephanie other than being an actress and model, but she has spoken about being an advocate for Alzheimer's disease awareness, which will win her points. I can see her placing, but I don't know how far she'll get.

Top 5:
Arkansas – Haley may be one of my biggest sentimental favorites so far. She gives off such girl-next-door energy, and I'm really loving the girls Arkansas has been sending; they are due for a winner very soon. Placing Haley so high is mainly her being one of my sentimental favorites. I don't think she's really given off any hints of what she may make her platform, but she has a degree in nutrition and can easily make a platform out of healthy/active lifestyles. I don't know if she has anything from her personal life she may want to highlight instead of that, as that's something we cannot just predict, but if she's a good speaker with a platform she can do very well. If not, she may just be a pretty face who gets lost in the batch, but I still do really like her.

New York – If this was Trump era, Andreia would easily be the biggest frontrunner here. She is the only delegate with major international experience (no, sorry Texas, I do not consider Miss Gwand International a major international pageant), and she will obliterate the other girls on the runway. However, as we all know, now you need more than that to win. Andreia seems to be decently covered on the more IMG sides of pageantry though: she's a professional public speaker, participates in many philanthropic efforts, and has the personal narrative of being an African immigrant to the US. I can see Andreia going down the Génesis Dávila route, where she gets hyped massively, stuns everyone, but then makes it far but doesn't win. Part of me just doesn't get winner vibes from her, although she'd easily be our best titleholder in a long time.

Top 3:
Idaho – Kim was instantly my frontrunner from the moment she was chosen, and she still is. Kim's path to the crown is all résumé, because hers is one of the strongest this year: an Ivy League-educated veterinarian, who also has pageantry experience as a Teen titleholder and modeling experience being a part-time model. She will be hitting it from all angles. If Kim is also a very strong speaker (which I expect that she will be), she can easily soar right to top three. Since she is half-Filipina, I think IMG also may be eager to crown the first Asian-American titleholder since Brook Lee (more than 20 years ago). The one thing holding Kim back is her directorship. As has been mentioned, Pageants Northwest is an atrocious director; they direct four states but only have one placement across all four states in the past ten years; sure it can be argued that Idaho and Montana are small states and that's why they don't have much success, Oregon and Washington are not, and there's no excuse for them doing so poorly all the time too. Kim will need to put in a lot of work on her own if she wants to win, and I really hope she wants it (part of me thinks she's more doing it for experience and the fun of it than really wanting to be Miss USA).

Hawaii – Samantha has been one of my top choices for Miss USA for awhile, and I'm especially happy she went back to her home of Hawaii to capture a Miss title. From what I've noticed, the path to doing well in IMG Miss USA is either having a strong résumé or being a very strong speaker (of course having both doesn't hurt). Samantha is an actress and model, which sure is respectable, but it's not an IMG worthy profession. However, she is an amazing speaker. Samantha is a supporter of the Toastmaster International public speaking nonprofit, and promotes the cause of children being taught public speaking skills. Basing her entire platform around a skill that is looked for in a Miss USA rather than having a distinct platform while also using the skill to advance that platform is an interesting strategy. Hawaiian girls are often extremely well-trained, so I expect Samantha will do well regardless considering she's the strongest Hawaiian titleholder since Chelsea Hardin.

Utah – I think Rachel has a very real chance of winning this year. She is so obviously the next step pageantry has to make. Black women have been fully embraced (as can be seen by the all black queens narrative that has been in the media all year), but LGBT women have not. Rachel is the first openly LGBT woman to take part in Miss USA, and that is going to be a huge narrative the media will run with; and they already have done so. Besides that though, Rachel is a dedicated advocate for mental health awareness, and I think her legitimate devotion to the cause and candid personal struggles with mental health will help her rise to the top of the many girls who nowadays make mental health awareness their platform. As can be seen through her social media, she's a very outgoing person and a gorgeous girl. Definitely someone to look out for, especially considering she has the amazing Shanna Moakler as her director.

----------------------------
Almost there:
Georgia – Alyssa has the MAO state titleholder bump, but I need more than just that. She doesn't have much of a résumé but she's very cute. I don't think she's a winner but she could snatch a placement, too early to tell.

Oklahoma – I legitimately think Mariah is one of the most physically beautiful girls competing this year, but she needs to show more than that. She works in film and media which is fun and all, but that's not something IMG will be impressed by. She needs to be an amazing speaker or have a great platform, and I haven't seen either of that yet, so we'll see. I do want her to do well though.

Almost almost there:
Generally all of these girls have given me something I like, be it a piece of their résumés or their styling, but what I do like is not nearly enough for them to compete with the girls I like a lot. They have room to improve, but I need to see that improvement:

Illinois
Louisiana
Maryland
Michigan
New Jersey
South Carolina
Texas
Virginia
Wyoming

Specific to Maryland, Texas, and Wyoming, they all are very pretty but I do not see anything from them that is IMG worthy, they appear more like Instagram models than modern beauty queens to me.

Yay!! Thanks so much for sharing, definitely some pleasant surprises here! :!!

Here's my Almost and Almost-Almost list:

Almost There:

Arkansas - Such a classic beauty, reminiscent of the Miss USAs of yesteryear. I just need to see a little more from her in terms of background/resume/platform or a killer performance before I can push her through to my list

Montana - I LOVE Merissa but I just could not strategically justify putting two Pageants NW girls on my list

Nevada - Victoria is absolutely stunning, has a face that would do serious damage at Miss Universe, and has a strong director, but doesn't seem to have the most IMG-friendly background

Oklahoma - Mariah is another girl in this category who just needs a liiiiittle something to be a crown contender in my book

Texas - Taylor is gorgeous, but I'm starting to believe I might have fallen for the hype a little, but I still really like her

Almost Almost There
: California, District of Columbia, Florida, Louisiana, New Jersey, Virginia
itsrowdy801

PreviousNext

Return to Miss Universe