MISS USA 2020 // MISSISSIPPI IS MISS USA 2020 // MAJOR NEWS

Re: ROAD TO MISS USA 2020 // HEADSHOTS + BIOS ARE UP

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:31 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:
pippo93 wrote:
Queen of the Clouds wrote:Just happened to go through Cheslie's Insta and I really don't understand the hate this girl gets. She's so beautiful and she's got a good head on her shoulders too. She was a great titleholder for us. I also love the new middle part style she's been going for lately.

CHESLIE IS THE BEST TITLEHOLDER SINCE OLIVIA JORDAN, AND IS ONE OF THE BEST MISS USA EVER! WHO HATES HER ARE PEOPLE STILL STUCK IN THE TRUMP ERA STANDARDS! YES, SHE IS NOT THE MOST BEAUTIFUL FACIALLY, BUT WHEN SHE COMPETED IN MISS USA AND SHE WALKED IN THAT STUNNING WHITE EVENING GOWN WITH THAT AWESOME HAIR, SHE EATED ALIVE ALL HER COMPETITORS.
AND HER ANSWERS WERE BOTH PERFECT. AND THROUGH HER REIGN I LOVE ALL HER STYLE! I CAN EASILY SAY THAT SHE IS ONE OF THE MOST INTELLIGENT AND STYLISH MISS USA EVER

Yessss, I've thoroughly enjoyed Cheslie's reign - I'll admit that it took me a little bit to warm up to her but once I had, I was all about Cheslie and whomever Miss USA 2020 is has some big shoes to fill. She is gorgeous and an accomplished attorney who did pro bono work for the wrongfully convicted - what's not to love?

Unrelated but I saw a comment on one of Dani Walker's videos saying Miss USA will be in the autumn in NYC with no audience - anyone else hear those rumors elsewhere? I'd love to believe that they decided on no audience and have a date and location in mind, but I'm not sure if I trust a rando in the YouTube comments

I haven't heard that, but at the same time I'm not per se looking for rumors. I feel like that was a definite possibility. I was thinking that maybe they'd try to hold the competition somewhere in MUO HQ in NYC? I just didn't know if they'd have the space there, and not sure where else they would do it here (I'm in NYC btw). At this point no audience seems like the best option I think. That's what all these sports teams are doing, audiences are what make these things the most unsafe and they're an unnecessary part. I tend not to trust random comments on the Internet about stuff that isn't available to the public, but what the comment said did make sense. I just hope the MUO stops keeping us in the dark.

I just realized that if the competition is in NYC, then half the girls are going to have to finish a 14-day quarantine before they can even leave their hotel rooms.

Queen of the Clouds
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 18 Mar 1996
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Lawyer
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Hobbies/Interests: Fashion, music, film, politics, and parties

Re: ROAD TO MISS USA 2020 // ARIZONA AND NEVADA THIS WEEKEND

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:48 am

Queen of the Clouds wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
Queen of the Clouds wrote:MISS NEBRASKA USA 2020 CONTESTANTS ARE UP

http://www.warriorsforross.com/neusa2020/index.html

There are some really cute girls here in Nebraska!!! The most notable name I saw is Bree Coffey. Bree was the 1RU to Sarah Rose Summers in 2018, and assumed the title of Miss Nebraska USA 2018 after Sarah won Miss USA. As she was the incumbent titleholder, she was ineligible to compete in 2019, but is still eligible to compete now as she never competed at Miss USA. Considering she's already held the title and presumably has a close relationship with the state directors now, I'd say she'll be a big favorite for the title. Also returning is 2019 runner-up Samantha Washington (2RU; Miss Nebraska Teen USA 2017); this could end up a battle between Bree and Samantha. Other notable girls include Jessica Shultis (semifinalist 2016; Miss Nebraska 2018 and top ten at Miss America), Paige Thompson (two-time Nebraska Teen 2RU), Erika Etzelmiller (Miss Nebraska Teen USA 2016), and Tope Banwo (semifinalist 2015). A number of the girls appear to be newcomers; these girls who stuck out to me are Brittany Lakhani, Mimi Wood, and Megan Swanson. If there are any statehoppers here, I didn't recognize them.

Bree Coffey:

Samantha Washington:

Jessica Shultis:

Mimi Wood:

The statehopper I recognized is Taylor Cassady who competed in Iowa last year and this year, but since she's representing "South Sioux City" she lives on the state border so it's very likely she has legitimate ties to both states.

I agree that Bree is definitely the front runner here, but is there any precedence of a former succeeded-state-titleholder who went on to win the crown herself in later years? I think the tradition of Miss USAs relinquishing their state is relatively new, but I don't recall that happening before.

The earliest confirmed instance I can find of a Miss USA relinquishing a state title was Olivia Jordan in 2015. She relinquished her title to Alex Miller, who went on to become Miss 52 USA in 2016, because she would have been aged out of the system in 2017. Not sure if it's ever happened before then, so it may be an IMG-introduced thing. In 2016, Deshauna should have relinquished her title to Kára as she was her runner-up, but Kára rejected the title. It went to some girl who only placed in the top ten, and I think she went through the same thing Alex Miller went through where she would have been aged out by the time she could compete again; Kára's successor after she relinquished the title had the same problem too, and neither of them had Miss 52 to fall back on. Then there was Sarah's successor in 2018 who we all know now wants to win the title on her own this year, and Cheslie's successor who she relinquished the title to seems eager to get to Miss USA and I expect will enter the competition again next year.

So yeah, there's definitely no precedence here as every other girl in this situation was aged out by the time she could compete again, but I could expect it to become a precedent should there be more cases of younger girls assuming the titles. Bree may not actually be the frontrunner as Sarah won her state crown when only like 6 girls were competing and there was very little competition, so maybe Bree is not good enough to compete against an actually competitive batch. We'll see next weekend.

I was hella bored so I decided to research this question from ages ago and I got an answer!

Starting in the 90s and up until 2015, it varied by state whether or not the titleholder relinquished her state title if she won Miss USA. The only instance of a queen taking the reigns and later winning that state title was Shauna Lyn Searles, who was a semifinalist at Miss California USA 1992 and assumed the role of Miss California USA after Shannon Marketic became Miss USA. Searles competed several more times after that, before eventually becoming Miss California USA 1996!

Now that it's standard practice for Miss USA to relinquish her state title, I'm sure we'll be seeing that a lot more in coming years
itsrowdy801
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Rowdy
Date of Birth: 21 Aug 1994
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Customer Service @ Travel Startup
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants, Comedy, Politics

Postby Jonathan Nguyen » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:09 am

According to Dani Walker, there will be both Miss USA and Miss Universe this year. Miss USA will be likely in Nov.

Jonathan Nguyen

Real Life Name/Nick: Jonathan Nguyen
Date of Birth: 10 Aug 1997
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Software Developer
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Miss Universe and Miss World

Postby The Duchess » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:38 pm

Jonathan Nguyen wrote:According to Dani Walker, there will be both Miss USA and Miss Universe this year. Miss USA will be likely in Nov.

The differrent versions Ive gather all agree on one thing: IMG is hell bent in making a physical 2020 Miss Universe. From December-February (according to Desiree), From January-April (according to other NDs) or January-March (according to GB who cites Carlos Fernandez) is what they are hoping for. Desiree and Lupita said national delegates have to be chosen by November so I wouldn't be surprised.

As of now:

Miss Universe: Physical Pageant from December-April
MW: Posponed/Cancelled till fall 2021, it is understood the queen reigns for 2 years
MI: Posponed till fall 2021, the queen reigns for 2 years
ME: Virtual Pageant in November
MS: Posponed till fall 2021, the queen reigns for 2 years
MGI: Still deciding, Nawat hopes to do a pageant but realizes it may be difficult to do in 2020 (per Valentina Figuera, MGI 2019)

in Puerto Rico Denise Quinones said they will appoint a 2020 representative in Sept.24, MWPR hasn't said much but it appears they somehow wanna do a pageant but to be fair that org is a mess anyway so i dont care, Nicole Colon said they were waiting for the international orgs to speak (MI, MS, MGI, MInc and TMOTW) so I am guessing they are appointing their MGI candidate (some people want Ivanna) and the 2020 candidates they had chose will participate for the other crowns. Vanessa de Roide/Joe Ahmed appointed the 1st Runner-Up and will have a pageant to choose her successor.

So I can't really predict at this point what will happen with Miss Universe or MGI, but my money is on a 2021 postponement.
The Duchess
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 01 Sep 1995
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Costume Design
Hobbies/Interests: Arts, Music, Literature

Postby Jonathan Nguyen » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:24 pm

The Duchess wrote:
Jonathan Nguyen wrote:According to Dani Walker, there will be both Miss USA and Miss Universe this year. Miss USA will be likely in Nov.

The differrent versions Ive gather all agree on one thing: IMG is hell bent in making a physical 2020 Miss Universe. From December-February (according to Desiree), From January-April (according to other NDs) or January-March (according to GB who cites Carlos Fernandez) is what they are hoping for. Desiree and Lupita said national delegates have to be chosen by November so I wouldn't be surprised.

As of now:

MW: Posponed/Cancelled till fall 2021, it is understood the queen reigns for 2 years
MGI: Still deciding, Nawat hopes to do a pageant but realizes it may be difficult to do in 2020 (per Valentina Figuera, MGI 2019)

in Puerto Rico Denise Quinones said they will appoint a 2020 representative in Sept.24, MWPR hasn't said much but it appears they somehow wanna do a pageant but to be fair that org is a mess anyway so i dont care, Nicole Colon said they were waiting for the international orgs to speak (MI, MS, MGI, MInc and TMOTW) so I am guessing they are appointing their MGI candidate (some people want Ivanna) and the 2020 candidates they had chose will participate for the other crowns. Vanessa de Roide/Joe Ahmed appointed the 1st Runner-Up and will have a pageant to choose her successor.

So I can't really predict at this point what will happen with Miss Universe or MGI, but my money is on a 2021 postponement.

According to GB, national license holders have been informed by MUO that the next edition of Miss Universe won’t happen eariler than the first quarter of 2021. The fact that they use the phrase “won’t happen earlier than the first quarter” i/o “will happen some time during the first quarter” shows that they are not sure they can push it through. Regardless, i hope they are not trying to push through a virtual pageant. The girls deserve much better. I would rather skip a year.

Jonathan Nguyen

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:08 pm

Jonathan Nguyen wrote:
The Duchess wrote:

As of now:

According to GB, national license holders have been informed by MUO that the next edition of Miss Universe won’t happen eariler than the first quarter of 2021. The fact that they use the phrase “won’t happen earlier than the first quarter” i/o “will happen some time during the first quarter” shows that they are not sure they can push it through. Regardless, i hope they are not trying to push through a virtual pageant. The girls deserve much better. I would rather skip a year.

Agreed, a virtual pageant is a terrible idea. And MUO's continued silence on this issue keeps fueling rumors because of course it's gonna do that, some seem more possible than others but really you gotta take everything with a grain of salt. MUO has made the unfortunate decision not to mention a peep about their plans, so it's natural people want to fill in the cracks however they can.

That said, it looks like the girls are still implying that they're planning to be at Miss USA sometime in the autumn, and the fact that the headshots are up seems to suggest they're moving forward. But of course this whole situation is completely unprecedented, and plans are changing by the moment. At this point, anything's possible, but MUO has to have figured out by now that a traditional pageant with an in-person audience isn't gonna happen this year
itsrowdy801

Postby The Duchess » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:20 pm

Curacao's ORG says they have been told it will be in the first quarter (Jan-March) in the US
The Duchess

Postby JoelR » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:52 pm

The Duchess wrote:Curacao's ORG says they have been told it will be in the first quarter (Jan-March) in the US

I heard IMG is trying to book Baton Rouge, second choice is Los Angeles. If that Fails, its Vegas
JoelR
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.

Date of Birth: 21 May 1994
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: culinary arts
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hobbies/Interests: Painting

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:57 am

JoelR wrote:
The Duchess wrote:Curacao's ORG says they have been told it will be in the first quarter (Jan-March) in the US

I heard IMG is trying to book Baton Rouge, second choice is Los Angeles. If that Fails, its Vegas

Are you referring to for USA or for Universe here?

No way is California going to allow major events until the pandemic is over. Not happening. Their restrictions probably wouldn't even allow an audience-free pageant

Nevada & Louisiana's restrictions currently won't allow major events - in both states, the gathering size limit is currently 50, which would not accommodate all the contestants, a skeleton crew of staff, production people, judges, etc. necessary for a pageant to happen.

If they're having it this year, they're going to need to find a place where gathering restrictions are loosened enough to accommodate all the essential people for the pageant to exist, which is a lot more than just the contestants. If they want to hold a pageant with an audience (they shouldn't, but they might) they'll need to find a place with even looser restrictions.
itsrowdy801

Postby The Duchess » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:02 am

JoelR wrote:

Isn't California #1 in cases, Louisiana #11 and Nevada #27???? I also thought they banned public gatherings this size. I know they want November but if they want those places idk why they figured those would be open by then
The Duchess

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:26 am

JoelR wrote:

There is a 0% chance they can do this in LA. California is #1 with cases and they have a Democratic governor who will shut down everything if things do not improve. Nevada and Louisiana are similarly bad choices I think. They should just do it somewhere at MUO HQ in NYC (assuming they have space there) or one of the states at the bottom of the cases list. Sure, those states aren't as glamorous, but these are the kind of things they're going to have to live with if they insist on holding a physical pageant now.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:24 am

JoelR wrote:

There is a 0% chance they can do this in LA. California is #1 with cases and they have a Democratic governor who will shut down everything if things do not improve. Nevada and Louisiana are similarly bad choices I think. They should just do it somewhere at MUO HQ in NYC (assuming they have space there) or one of the states at the bottom of the cases list. Sure, those states aren't as glamorous, but these are the kind of things they're going to have to live with if they insist on holding a physical pageant now.

Here's a list of states than don't require a 14 day quarantine (logistical nightmare for bringing in contestants from every state), and allow gatherings of at least 250 (an estimate of how many they'd need for 102 Miss & Teen contestants plus a skeleton crew of staff, although they'd probably need more than that), and in the bottom 50th percentile of the cases-per-capita list :

Alaska
Idaho (although visitors to the largest county/home to Boise, Ada County, are "encouraged" to quarantine)
Indiana
Missouri
North Dakota
Oklahoma (no cut-and-dry restriction on size, although they do recommend avoiding "groups that do not readily allow for appropriate social distancing")
South Dakota
Virginia (gatherings of 250 only allowed in counties in Phase 3 of reopening)
Wyoming

It'll probably be in one of those places. And the only one of those that is remotely close to NYC is Virginia, maybe that's a possibility? This is under the assumption that they don't have a pageant with an audience, in which case the list would narrow considerably.

And of course this list is subject to change - but I'll guarantee one thing, California is not going to be possible anytime soon.

Sources:
https://www.northstarmeetingsgroup.com/ ... -new-cases
https://www.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#cases
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/10/trav ... tions.html
itsrowdy801

Postby JoelR » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:57 pm

Sorry I was referring to the 2020 Miss Universe edition. Apparently IMG is really pushing for a event in early Feb. My source says MUO stays afloat because of ticket sales and bidings. They are trying to get USA 2020 in NY but it is unclear if they can even have this happen this early and early next year. Which is why they are working more on 2021 editions. Makes no sense. if Miss USA happens during this pandemic, like always IMG will create a twist. Since there is a limit on people they plan to do virtual challenges and interviews.
With the challenges fans along with judges will vote. With private interviews judges will only vote. From those 51 only 20 girls will be able to actually go to Miss USA. Unclear if all 20 will compete in Swim Suit on finals. Some want to cut it down to 10 girls who do ss eg so there is still suspense and a reason to do prelims. This all depends on the State.
Because of the regulations that people have to quarantine for 14 days after traveling. The 20 girls will also do virtual challenges, interviews and practice from their room for prelims. This is the plan IMG will be using to try and book a host, only for USA only. No plan for Miss Universe. They are skeptical but are desperate to make money. A lot of frustrated people at MUO.
JoelR

Date of Birth: 21 May 1994
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: culinary arts
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hobbies/Interests: Painting

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:02 pm

JoelR wrote: Sorry I was referring to the 2020 Miss Universe edition. Apparently IMG is really pushing for a event in early Feb. My source says MUO stays afloat because of ticket sales and bidings. They are trying to get USA 2020 in NY but it is unclear if they can even have this happen this early and early next year. Which is why they are working more on 2021 editions. Makes no sense. if Miss USA happens during this pandemic, like always IMG will create a twist. Since there is a limit on people they plan to do virtual challenges and interviews.
With the challenges fans along with judges will vote. With private interviews judges will only vote. From those 51 only 20 girls will be able to actually go to Miss USA. Unclear if all 20 will compete in Swim Suit on finals. Some want to cut it down to 10 girls who do ss eg so there is still suspense and a reason to do prelims. This all depends on the State.
Because of the regulations that people have to quarantine for 14 days after traveling. The 20 girls will also do virtual challenges, interviews and practice from their room for prelims. This is the plan IMG will be using to try and book a host, only for USA only. No plan for Miss Universe. They are skeptical but are desperate to make money. A lot of frustrated people at MUO.

I really think that just pushing the plans to next year would be a better idea than this. All 51 contestants have earned their spot at Miss USA and I'd be bummed if more than half of them didn't even get to go. This is their lifelong dream, and there are even some states that make it possible to bring in all 51 contestants with no mandatory quarantines.

As far as fans voting in conjunction with the judges, anything more than one "fan vote" finalist with the rest selected by the judges, that's not a good idea either. I've seen the fan's favorites on instagram, and I sure as hell wouldn't want those people picking our next Miss USA. Leave it to the experts.

And I think I see a contradiction in your response here, "they rely on ticket sales/booking fees so they intend to find a place where that's possible" and "they want to have it in New York"

Under the best of circumstances, New York wouldn't fit that bill. The cities more likely to shell out big bucks for the booking fees are smaller cities like Reno and Shreveport that *don't* get a lot of tourism and want to entice people to visit - NOT cities that already get millions of tourists per year. A gambling-centered economy also tends to correlate with where Miss USA is held, more likely than not for fiscal reasons as well.

On top of that, if they want ticket sales, NY would be a no-go too - they won't be allowing major events for quite a while. IF they insist on having it somewhere with a full audience, that would mean it would have to be in a place with virtually no restrictions on gathering size like Indiana, and that would defeat the purpose of designating most of the girls as clappers before they even arrive.
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:08 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:
JoelR wrote: Sorry I was referring to the 2020 Miss Universe edition. Apparently IMG is really pushing for a event in early Feb. My source says MUO stays afloat because of ticket sales and bidings. They are trying to get USA 2020 in NY but it is unclear if they can even have this happen this early and early next year. Which is why they are working more on 2021 editions. Makes no sense. if Miss USA happens during this pandemic, like always IMG will create a twist. Since there is a limit on people they plan to do virtual challenges and interviews.

I really think that just pushing the plans to next year would be a better idea than this. All 51 contestants have earned their spot at Miss USA and I'd be bummed if more than half of them didn't even get to go. This is their lifelong dream, and there are even some states that make it possible to bring in all 51 contestants with no mandatory quarantines.

As far as fans voting in conjunction with the judges, anything more than one "fan vote" finalist with the rest selected by the judges, that's not a good idea either. I've seen the fan's favorites on instagram, and I sure as hell wouldn't want those people picking our next Miss USA. Leave it to the experts.

And I think I see a contradiction in your response here, "they rely on ticket sales/booking fees so they intend to find a place where that's possible" and "they want to have it in New York"

Under the best of circumstances, New York wouldn't fit that bill. The cities more likely to shell out big bucks for the booking fees are smaller cities like Reno and Shreveport that *don't* get a lot of tourism and want to entice people to visit - NOT cities that already get millions of tourists per year. A gambling-centered economy also tends to correlate with where Miss USA is held, more likely than not for fiscal reasons as well.

On top of that, if they want ticket sales, NY would be a no-go too - they won't be allowing major events for quite a while. IF they insist on having it somewhere with a full audience, that would mean it would have to be in a place with virtually no restrictions on gathering size like Indiana, and that would defeat the purpose of designating most of the girls as clappers before they even arrive.

Yeah this elimination style format is a major no-go for me. If you can't get every girl to the venue either make it a virtual pageant or push it back to next year. I'd rather either of those over this.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:45 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:

Yeah this elimination style format is a major no-go for me. If you can't get every girl to the venue either make it a virtual pageant or push it back to next year. I'd rather either of those over this.

I'm reserving my judgement of how I feel about virtual pageants until we see how Miss Earth US pulls it off. If it looks good, I'll probably be more open to the idea. If I were in charge of MUO I'd ABSOLUTELY just push everything until next year, but it doesn't seem like that's something they are considering. What's the rush to crown new queens if said queens aren't going to be able to do very much at all for the forseeable future? Doing nothing but ig lives with formers is not an impactful reign, and the new Miss USA/Miss Universe deserve better than that.
itsrowdy801

Postby The Duchess » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:56 pm

personally I say move it to next year, makes no sense to do it this year in the middle of a pandemic. I saw the Miss Earth Philippines and I didnt love it at all, im waiting on Miss Earth USA but im not confident
The Duchess

Postby itsrowdy801 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:09 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:

So South Africa (which needless to say is another massive powerhouse) has been doing the "narrow down the finalists in advance" approach and I stayed up to watch the Top 10 announcement livestream last night and I have to say, it was well done. I like that we got to see their joy when they were first told they're a finalist, then got an extended interview with them beyond what we'd typically see when a finalist is called out. So I don't think it'd be a TOTAL shitshow if Miss USA did something similar, HOWEVER the biggest difference for me is that unlike South Africa, contestants at Miss USA are allowed to compete only once. For our girls, this is their only chance to go to Miss USA, compete on the national level in as normal of a manner as possible, and bond with their sister queens at the pageant. I consider having a similar situation in the US as a last resort.
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:13 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:

So South Africa (which needless to say is another massive powerhouse) has been doing the "narrow down the finalists in advance" approach and I stayed up to watch the Top 10 announcement livestream last night and I have to say, it was well done. I like that we got to see their joy when they were first told they're a finalist, then got an extended interview with them beyond what we'd typically see when a finalist is called out. So I don't think it'd be a TOTAL shitshow if Miss USA did something similar, HOWEVER the biggest difference for me is that unlike South Africa, contestants at Miss USA are allowed to compete only once. For our girls, this is their only chance to go to Miss USA, compete on the national level in as normal of a manner as possible, and bond with their sister queens at the pageant. I consider having a similar situation in the US as a last resort.

I think another big difference is that South Africa always whittles down their girls, they're just doing it more this year. Pretty much every year they announce a group of semifinalists, who then get whittled down to 15 or 20 girls who get to compete live in finals. This year they took those 15 girls and just whittled them down again to 10 for finals. They also don't represent their states, they just represent themselves. I just don't think that format will work with Miss USA. Every year we have 51 girls representing the 50 states and DC, and eliminating some of them before they even get to compete just does not sit right with me.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:52 am

Having watched the Miss Earth US virtual pageant this afternoon, I can now confidently say I am not on board with the virtual pageant idea. It was still fun and still a good way to fulfill my pageant fix, but I'm now officially against the virtual possibility. Host it behind closed doors, or push it back a year.

And why in the f**k has MUO not said anything? All evidence points to them tentatively planning on November and it seems like they've told the girls something to that effect, but of course who knows what the world will look like by then so they don't want to make anything official, but I think we deserve some announcement of which plans are on the table.
itsrowdy801

Postby The Duchess » Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:54 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:Having watched the Miss Earth US virtual pageant this afternoon, I can now confidently say I am not on board with the virtual pageant idea. It was still fun and still a good way to fulfill my pageant fix, but I'm now officially against the virtual possibility. Host it behind closed doors, or push it back a year.

And why in the f**k has MUO not said anything? All evidence points to them tentatively planning on November and it seems like they've told the girls something to that effect, but of course who knows what the world will look like by then so they don't want to make anything official, but I think we deserve some announcement of which plans are on the table.

It was fun but I'm not sure I'd want a Miss Universe or Miss USA virtual, it was lacking certain aspects including live reactions from contestants...
The Duchess

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:44 pm

It's starting to get really annoying that the MUO is not giving us any updates at all...I've been checking the Miss USA Instagram everyday to see if there are any updates and everyday it's just the same throwback videos that nobody cares about.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby itsrowdy801 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:06 am

Queen of the Clouds wrote:It's starting to get really annoying that the MUO is not giving us any updates at all...I've been checking the Miss USA Instagram everyday to see if there are any updates and everyday it's just the same throwback videos that nobody cares about.

Very much agree. MUO waits until the last second to announce date and host city under the best of circumstances, so I don't know why I expect it to be any different this time around with everything going on, but it's still frustrating.

However, I've gotten the impression they've told the girls and/or their directors something (I've heard a totally unconfirmed rumor that they've told them they're looking at November 9th, but nothing's set in stone and that could change) so I think that's some good news. I'd be even more upset if they continued to keep the contestants & directors in the dark, which I don't think they have. Fans will unfortunately just have to wait.
itsrowdy801

Postby Miss Mirchi » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:55 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:
Queen of the Clouds wrote:It's starting to get really annoying that the MUO is not giving us any updates at all...I've been checking the Miss USA Instagram everyday to see if there are any updates and everyday it's just the same throwback videos that nobody cares about.

Very much agree. MUO waits until the last second to announce date and host city under the best of circumstances, so I don't know why I expect it to be any different this time around with everything going on, but it's still frustrating.

However, I've gotten the impression they've told the girls and/or their directors something (I've heard a totally unconfirmed rumor that they've told them they're looking at November 9th, but nothing's set in stone and that could change) so I think that's some good news. I'd be even more upset if they continued to keep the contestants & directors in the dark, which I don't think they have. Fans will unfortunately just have to wait.

MUO makes announcements only when things are 100% confirm. They can't be like the other pageant organizers who announce their pageant will be in Thailand, Korea, Nice France and what not.. and then ultimately just hold it in London.
Miss Mirchi
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Minty
Date of Birth: 10 Feb 1990
Profession: Student
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty Pageants

Postby itsrowdy801 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:55 am

I've been keeping a close eye on possible cities to host it in and Delaware now checks the box, now that they're allowing more people in indoor events. It's only a couple hours drive from NYC so it checks that box, too. Now I've been to Delaware, it's a terribly boring place. No offense to the good people of Delaware out there, but your entire state is basically one big suburb of Philadelphia, but it seems practical with everything going on right now. I think if they held it in some venue there, kept attendance to essential people for the pageant to function (MAYBE allowing a few family members for each contestant) - I think that could work.
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:16 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:I've been keeping a close eye on possible cities to host it in and Delaware now checks the box, now that they're allowing more people in indoor events. It's only a couple hours drive from NYC so it checks that box, too. Now I've been to Delaware, it's a terribly boring place. No offense to the good people of Delaware out there, but your entire state is basically one big suburb of Philadelphia, but it seems practical with everything going on right now. I think if they held it in some venue there, kept attendance to essential people for the pageant to function (MAYBE allowing a few family members for each contestant) - I think that could work.

We'll see. At this point I'd be okay with anything that doesn't eliminate girls before they even get to compete.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Jonathan Nguyen » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:26 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:I've been keeping a close eye on possible cities to host it in and Delaware now checks the box, now that they're allowing more people in indoor events. It's only a couple hours drive from NYC so it checks that box, too. Now I've been to Delaware, it's a terribly boring place. No offense to the good people of Delaware out there, but your entire state is basically one big suburb of Philadelphia, but it seems practical with everything going on right now. I think if they held it in some venue there, kept attendance to essential people for the pageant to function (MAYBE allowing a few family members for each contestant) - I think that could work.

I have been to Rehoboth beach, Delaware. I loved it. But not sure they have a venue that is grand enough to stage Miss USA.

Jonathan Nguyen

Postby itsrowdy801 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:45 pm

Jonathan Nguyen wrote:

I have been to Rehoboth beach, Delaware. I loved it. But not sure they have a venue that is grand enough to stage Miss USA.

In all honesty, Miss USA 2020 will probably be held in a hotel ballroom somewhere. I would prefer they rent out a large venue, build a beautiful stage, and just keep the stands empty - but that's a lot more expensive. And there are large hotel ballrooms pretty much everywhere.
itsrowdy801

Postby The Duchess » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:08 pm

Im not sure how true it is but Pageantry Plus says IMG put on the MUO a banner of Zozi saying "Las Vegas | January 2021 | FOX" and then took it down almost inmediately.
The Duchess

Postby Jonathan Nguyen » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:05 pm

US Open 2020 is happening in New York next week without audience. I have a feeling MUO is able to push through the same thing.

Jonathan Nguyen

PreviousNext

Return to Miss Universe